The Wrong Side of the Tracks

Caspian laughed lightly, "You are hungry." he paged through the menu himself, settling on a ciabatta bread with buffalo chicken and fries. He wasn't nearly as hungry as her, but he was still going to enjoy the cheap but tasty food. The waitress returned setting all three drinks down in front of them, and an extra metal tin half full of the oreo shake, "A little extra, are you guys ready to order?" She glanced between the two of them, before settling on Caspian's face.

"Yea, she'll have a triple burger, fries, extra cheese," he said already know the burger had everything on it. "I'll have the buffalo chicken melt, fries," he said before she glanced at Reese.

"Alright I'll get that in, thanks," she walked off without another word.

"She ain't gonna say anythin', we come in all the time after havin' too much," he said with a smile at Reese.

His eyes took in her outfit, not even caring that she was in slightly more relaxed clothes, but instead he still found her wildly attractive - part of it was the fact that they were polar opposites, and part of it was the fact that she was already stunning. He leaned back though relaxing in his booth knowing that they wouldn't be bothered by the waitress again until their food showed up.

Reese sat up only when the drinks arrived, her hands moving to the oreo shake as soon as it was set down. Grabbing the spoon provided as started to eat her whipped cream and cherry while Caspian made the order. She felt really good as soon as she started to eat the ice cream and chocolate, smiling a bit as she was in her own little world as the waitress stood there and Caspian spoke. Blinking a bit as the waitress left, she had the spoon hanging her on mouth and her hands wrapped around the tall glass before her, her expression slightly confused until she realized what he was talking about.

"Oh...Well good...That's nice of her." She said softly as she sat there and started to spoon up some of her shake.

She ate for a bit more in silence before looking over at Caspian and noticing he was looking at her. Blushing a bit, she started to focus on her shake once again before pausing a moment and looking over him in thought. He was rather handsome, even in his gangster colors. He just had the build of them it seemed. Looking into his eyes, she took the metal tin of extra shake and pushed it to him, her gaze silently telling him to accept it.

A nod of his head was given, as he tried to find something else to look at - other than her. Something else to do, other than want to be closer to her. There was nothing and when she noticed she thought it was due to her not sharing the shake, so she slid it over towards him. Shrugging he took it, and began himself scooping some out and eating it. He was paying for it after all. He nodded his head slightly, the awkwardness of another meeting together setting in.

"So," he said as his eyes sort of widened before going back to normal as he looked at her, and then back at his shake. "you make me feel like I should be," he bobbed his head, insinuating that he meant just like her.

His words caught her off guard a bit, her eyes blinking at him as she held a spoonful of shake in her mouth. Swallowing a moment, she had to think what he meant by that, though after awhile it did come to her. He felt normal...not like a gang member. She was sort of flattered to hear him say that, that she of all people made him feel like an average everyday kind of person, instead of someone who sold drugs and committed crimes of all kinds. Pulling back from her shake she smiled a bit at him.

"I'm glad...I mean, if its a good thing...I hope it is. Anyway, you can feel free to act more relaxed around me if you want. I'm not like the rest of your friends, at least those in your gang...So If you want to act different than you would around them then I'm fine with it."

Looking down at her shake for a moment she started to play with the straw.

"If it means anything...I feel the same way...I feel like I'm suppose to with you."

Caspian nodded a bit, though he was unsure that he could act differently around her. His gang had been apart of his life since he was a teenager. It had become apart of his life, apart of him, and as much as he wanted this girl to change him again - for the good, he didn't think it was possible.

"Yea," he said it a little offly. his eyes falling to the waitress prepping their food across the room. he saw the triple burger that Reese had ordered.

His eyes flashed back to hers when she spoke again, a smile rising to his lip.

"Well, good, maybe we can actually plan to meet next time, and not let it happen by accident," he said holding eye contact with her before scooping another spoonful of the shake into his mouth.

The waitress arrived a few minutes later with the food, placing all of it down in front of them.

"Anything else either of you need?" she said glancing between the two of them.

"Ketchup?" Caspian said directed towards Reese. "A few napkins and I'm good."

Already his hands moved to the fries before putting them into his mouth. The salty potato was just what he had been wanting.

"Ketchup and mustard actually, please." Reese said softly to her as she looked over the mountain of food before her.

It was in that small moment that she realized it wasn't just the weed that made her hungry, she hadn't eaten a thing nearly all day! As soon as the waitress had gone off to go get them what they asked for, she dived into some of her fries as she wanted to wait before eating her burger. A happy hum slipped from her as she chewed, her hand moving over and starting to prep her burger for when the condiments arrived at the table.

"I'd like that...I mean, seeing you without planning it is nice...But an actual plan would make it a bit easier on me, and probably a bit more fun. Not that I didn't have fun at the bar." She added after she swallowed the fries, reaching for some more and popping them into her mouth just as the waitress returned with the mustard, ketchup and extra napkins.

Showing her gratitude with a nod, as her mouth was full of potato, Reese opened the bottles and put the sauce on her burger, it dripping a bit off the side as she put the bun back on top of it. Then with a knife, she cut the burger in half, mostly to make it easier to hold as it was rather thick. She probably wouldn't be able to fit it into her mouth properly! Taking her burger, she picked up one half and bit into it, it a rather large bite for someone so small like herself...But she was hungry and the weed hadn't made it any better.

She was in heaven, it tasted so good and it was nice to have a meal sitting down with someone instead of being all alone. Chewing, she looking up at Caspian with a rather enchanted grin, looking to be on a slight food high as she sat there in her seat, bouncing a bit as she set down her burger and started to wipe away the mess on her face.

"Yummy." She said simply as she looked over her plate again and picked up another bunch of fries.

A nod was given from the waitress before she headed off in the direction of their desired items. Caspian though didn't plan on waiting for anything. He picked up the ciabatta bread, which had a chicken slice running between it, and dug right in. The spiciness of it hitting him almost immediately. His eyes hadn't really had time to take in what she was doing, because he was too concentrated on dipping his own sandwich in the ranch that had been sitting on his plate when it had arrived. Though when he did let his eyes lift to her, as she spoke. A nod was given to her, but he didn't speak because his mouth was full of red and white sauce, and the sandwich. When he had finally swallowed he looked up from the messy sandwich.

"I agree, it wouldn't see so accidental, more like we wanted it to happen," a smile lifted to his lips, at his confession, that he wanted to be around her.

When the waitress returned he noted that Reese's mouth was full, and thanked the waitress for Reese. The waitress was off from there helping someone else. Though Caspian watched for only a mere moment at her fixing her burger, he quickly went back to devouring his own food, which for the most part was already prepped how he had liked it. When she did begin biting into her burger he let out a muffled - mainly due to the food in his own mouth - laugh. Shaking his head slightly, he swallowed his bite and just looked at her - his hands suspended in the air with the buffalo ranch melt in his hands.

"Funny seein' a little thing like you eat all that," he said before lifting his sandwich again to his lips, he snuck in another bit before biting into his sandwich, "it looks good though, so I don't blame ya."

With a mouthful of food he set his sandwich down and got the ketchup. With his sandwich already halfway gone he began working on his fries. Pouring pepper and salt on his ketchup he began dipping the fries in it before throwing them into his mouth. Pausing only long enough to relish in the full feeling of his stomach he slumped back on the booth before tossing a few more fries in his mouth. Eying the remainder of the melt, he caved, leaned forward and began again putting it into his mouth/

Reese was putting her food away, where no one really knew. She was finishing up her first half of the burger as Caspian commented on her eating, her cheeks flushing a bit as she chewed her bite for a moment before swallowing it. It really was good though, she couldn't remember the last time she had a burger and fries that was hot and fresh off a grill, not lukewarm form a drive-thru because her father had been out late again and she wasn't willing to cook a dinner he wouldn't eat. Finishing the half with a simple pop of it into her mouth, she reached for a napkin to clean off her hands before she swallowed and spoke.

"It is yummy. And I don't usually get a chance to eat a hot meal like this. My dad stays out late a lot and he's never eaten anything I've made for him so...I've just sort of stopped cooking hot meals. I mean, some days I will...If I really want something. I just know better than to leave him a plate of food cause he'll just snack on the chips when he gets home." She said as she reached over to the remainder of her shake and sipped it.

She sat there a moment in silence as she had her shake in her hands, her eyes on her food before she looked up at Caspian and watched him eat. It seemed she wasn't the only one who was going to clean her plate, he was almost done before her! It was nice though, seeing someone sitting across the table from her and talking with her. It made it a less lonely meal and more of what dinner really should be, a social gathering. Looking once more at her burger, she pushed aside her shake and picked up her to her other half, biting into it before pulling back and wiping her face with a napkin.

"Thanks...for bringing me here." She said after that bite, looking up at him with a small smile as she reached for some fries and bit into them. "I really had fun hanging out like this...I mean, I do hang out with my friends...but they are always just dancing and flirting so it really isn't a hang out and more of a ride to a bar...This...This is really nice." She stated.

He continued working on it regardless of feeling like a miniature child was slowly forming in his stomach. The food was good, hot, fresh – and greasy. He could never really say no to a bit of grease on his food, fried food was amazing. When she spoke again his eyes left the sandwich in his hands and went to her face, taking her in, even in a bit of an odd state – high and stuffing her face. Though he was only one of the two he was at no advantage – especially unable to judge.

"Told you it was good," he said once his mouth had been emptied, "But I'd eat a meal you cooked, any day. That's pretty shitty though." He commented on her father's lack of eating her food, and apparently from what Caspian could tell, his lack of a role in her life at all.

After he had spoken though he began shoveling it in his mouth again – the sandwich at this point was gone – though he still had fries left. Only at this point did he grab a napkin and wiped the leftover buffalo sauce on his face, he imagined he looked pretty ridiculous, but he didn't see a point in wiping up a mess that was just going to be made again. When she spoke his eyes lifted momentarily to her, before back to his napkin.

"Thanks for coming," he said in retort, it was a little more polite than he normally was, but still, "Yea I understand, kinda like the night we met, makes sense." He set his napkin aside, and looking at her working on her shake he decided he would work on the other half she had decided on sharing. Scooping it into his mouth also helped subdue the spiciness of the food. "I agree, this is nice," he smiled at her, letting another scoop of the ice cream slide into his mouth. "But seriously, we are not eating dessert," he laughed lightly. After he had topped off the rest of the shake in the metal tin, he slumped back officially against the booth – this time certain he couldn't fit anymore in him.

"Okay seriously, I'm done," he said with bleary eyes, he was getting tired – a sort of food coma setting in over him.

After that Reese finished off her burger, shake and fries, though at a decent pace. She more listened than responded as Caspian spoke to her, she was fine with just hearing what he had to say. Giggling a bit as he mentioned not getting dessert, she took the last bite of her fries and pushed her plate away from her, it now only holding a few drops of ketchup and some scattered salt off her fries. Though most would be shocked by her finishing all of that, Reese could actually eat quite a bit. She was rather active as she walked everywhere she went, as her father had the only car at work. Still, it was for the best cause on days when she ate like that, it had little effect on her weight.

"I am too...I don't even want to think about dessert, let alone look at a menu." She joked a bit as she sat back, looking a bit tired now as the food settled in her stomach. She was still awake, more than happy to just sit there and talk if they could. If anything, she'd love a up of coffee before they left, just to perk her up a bit and hopefully kid the rest of the weed out of her system.

"If you don't mind, I'm gonna order a coffee, if that is okay. I think it will sober me up the rest of the way." She said as she looked around for the waitress to try and place her order.

When she smiled, it seemed to catch on his own face; a contagious that really wasn't bad at all. He was toying with the glass of coke before drinking a number of gulps down. That was when she mentioned coffee, and he hadn't heard a better idea since they had arrived. "That sounds so good, of course I don't mind, let's order two," he said over at her a lightness in his eyes that hadn't been there in a long long time.

The waitress returned to check on them shortly after he had spoken, maybe hearing or maybe just seeing their empty plates, but she asked if they were having anything else. Which caused Caspian to speak up.

"Actually can we get two coffees, lots of cream and sugar," he said looking up at her before looking back to Reese.

She hurried off again, this time it took her awhile to return but when she did she set it all down for them, and then the bill off to the side. She reiterated that she would be around with more coffee if they needed it, or anything else. Shrugging he took the warm cup into his hand, dousing it with cream, and sugar, before stirring it.

"So," he glanced up at her. It was that awkward moment in the evening when things started to settle and you began to know if it was break it or make it happen.

Reese was glad to hear the Caspian was also up for some coffee, meant that they could sit there a bit longer without feeling too awkward. When the waitress came over, she let Caspian speak for them as she was adjusting her glasses and wiping them clean with her sweat shirt sleeve. Smiling a bit as the tabled was cleared of their dishes, she leaned onto it and waited for the caffeine to arrive. Taking her own cup as it was set before her, she also put a couple creamers into it along with some sugar, looking over at the bill before taking a sip of her drink.

With a hum of content, she set down her mug and looked up at Caspian as he spoke. So it had come to such a strange moment, like those after dinner drinks that could turn the evening awkward. She didn't want that to happen though, she enjoyed his company...that and she still have a couple hours to kill before it was safe to go home.

"So...It looks like I'm a bit more sober now. Thanks for the food." She said with a polite smile as she sat in front of him. "Hope I wasn't too much trouble for you...I was stumbling quite a bit." She added as she looked down at her coffee.

She wasn't sure what else to say after that, Caspian had been the one to start most of the conversations. It wasn't that she didn't have anything to say, she could say plenty, she just wasn't sure if she'd find what she did know to be interesting. She was rather domestic at heart, thanks to her father being drunk most of the time and leaving her to keep the house and laundry since she was around 13. She did have plenty of other hobbies though, besides drinking and sneaking out to avoid her father...She just wasn't sure if he'd find them all that fun.

Caspian's hand extended over the check, and slid it towards him - silently claiming it as his own. It was something to do rather than settle for the silence which had crept in between them. Glancing slightly at the damage he was even slightly surprised at the expenses which they had ran up, but he wouldn't complain, he had his cut from the sales that evening which he could use. Even if it was a good portion of it, he had gone this route, and formally requested he paid. It was the least he could do, seeing as his buddies got her high - which reminded him, why had she accepted? He would have never guessed she would smoke - anything for that matter. He made a mental note to ask.

"Yea, thankfully," he smiled up at her, his eyes finally looking away from the check, and letting it fall flat again against the table. "Na. You don't know trouble, girl," the smile widened as a lightness crept into his voice.

Now that he thought about it, he had a few things he wanted to ask her. Some a bit out of context to their current tone, but he wasn't shy, never had been. Lifting the cup to his lips he took a few gulps of the lukewarm liquid, he added enough cream to turn the liquid a tawny color. When his eyes met hers again he shrugged, knowing that she felt that it was that time of the night too.

"So why didn't you give me a call, instead of going out alone?" he let his eyes focus on hers, taking in her face, and slowly letting his eyes linger on her lips. He would save the rest of what he had for later. Maybe this would bring them on a different course of conversation, and at the least, he could squeeze it in elsewhere.

Chuckling a bit at his words as she sat there, she took a sip of her coffee before she sat back a bit in the booth. She sat there in silence for a bit until he asked her something, her eyes looking down to her drink in silence as she thought of what he asked. She hadn't called him for plenty of reasons, she hadn't known him that well, she had already bothered him that night and on top of that...She hadn't the thought. He was a great man, but to ask him to hang out before had not even crossed her mind. Even so, she enjoyed his company quite a bit.

As she thought about it, she looked up at him before shrugging lightly. She also had to keep her father in mind, she had not though about being around anyone, just drinking to pass the time. Besides she originally had no want to deal with anyone at all, so now that she was hanging out with him had been a real change in her plans.

"I didn't think about it, honestly. I had just bothered you with a place to stay that night and I wasn't in the mood to really...put on a face I suppose...Not that I'm not being honest with you! I mean, more of a make up face." She quickly explained. "Anyway, I had only been wandering around for a bar to sit and relax in...I wasn't looking for a group...But I'm glad I ran into you. I have had a lovely time."

Caspian nodded his head feeling better about missing the note, and better about her not exactly calling him. Some girls were like that, and most men had a much easier time getting ready daily, than women. A nod of his head was given as he leaned back on the plush booth. The waitress swung by and cleared out a few of the empty plates, and Caspian offered nothing to her until she offered to bring more coffee over.

"I've like another cup," he said as he lifted the porcelain wannabe to his lips and downed the remainder. With all the cream he put in it, he could at least drink it fast. "And maybe a little more cream."
She scurried off again, and he couldn't help but be amused at her mannerisms when she seemed to have a task.

"I'm having a good time too, and I'm glad we ran into one another," he said with a soft smile, "Do you always smoke, or was that just - ?" he shrugged and let his word sort of fall away, letting his meaning sink in along with the connotation he offered with his shoulders and curious facial expression.

"Me too please." Reese said as she motioned to her own cup, it now empty as well.

Looking to him as he asked about the smoking, she blushed a bit and shook her head. That had been the first time she had ever done something like that, and it hardly made a positive impression on her. More than likely, she'd never do it again...Unless of course she was pressured into it just like before. She had not wanted to appear rude to his friends...and they were putting in an effort to make her apart of the group. Still...It hardly did anything for her other than make her smell and feel dizzy.

"Oh no...I've never smoked before so it was an...interesting experience. I don't think I'll pick it up any time soon though...No offense, but all I felt was dizzy and really giggly, hardly something that could allow me to function on a normal level." She added as she looked back up at his face.

A chuckle came from Caspian, amusement clear on his facial expression. Shrugging, he doctored up his new cup of coffee, just like the last before he lifted it to his lips. Already he could feel the affects of the hot liquid in his body, charging him slightly to life, his heart beat increasing slightly at the caffeine. "To each their own I guess," he shrugged again. "Sometimes it's different after the first time, but if it ain't you, it ain't you," he let his eyes concentrate on hers. That is when he saw it in the background the shifting of red shirts in his peripherals. 'Shit,' he said to himself mentally as he let his eyes momentarily dart to the location of the joiners to the diner. Shifting slightly he slid closer to the inside of the booth. There was no way to hide his tattoos, and thankfully he only had on a black shirt, so if they could slip out before they saw him, they would be safe.

"Well," he sighed slightly letting his eyes concentrate on her, "We got a bit of a problem."

The good news was that he didn't recognize the group. Their faces didn't look familiar, which hopefully meant he wouldn't be familiar to them either. Caspian didn't let his eyes linger on the group, but instead he focused back on Faye.

"The rival gang," he said it as if she would understand, but some part of him knew she already only understood bits and pieces of his life, this little clue giving her more of the puzzle, "We'll have to sneak out. Maybe the back exit." He said this as he leaned forward sort of, so no one could really hear his voice.

Reese just smiled a bit as she fixed up her coffee as well and took a sip, sighing happily as the caffeinated drink brought her out of that weed induced haze. Blinking a bit as Caspian suddenly chanted his attitude, she froze a bit at his words. She didn't know the whole story, but she understood that he was not talking about anyone who was going to be friendly. Leaning in a bit as he spoke, she listened and nodded her head, wondering what would happen to them now.

"Don't we still have to pay?" She asked just as softly so they would go unnoticed.

The last thing she wanted to deal with was a rival gang, especially considering that the same gang was with a certain former stalker. Last thing she wanted to deal with was that guy again, He had already done enough to freak her out without even pulling out a weapon. His words along made her frightened. She gripped her coffee a bit tighter as she sat there, worried about what might happen to them now. She knew Caspian would try to watch over her...but if there was more than one guy, there was no way he could protect himself all on his own, let alone protect her as well. Looking up at him, she waited for instructions, or at least an answer to her first question.