The Wrong Side of the Tracks

She stared at him, but he maintained his steely stare at the bottles in front of him. He let some of the drink slip into his mouth, as he let it sit there and fizz a moment before he swallowed it. He was being bitter, probably even childish. Still, what was he supposed to think? They had shared a kiss, one that seemed pretty damn intense for something that was just lips on lips. Really it made it hard to believe that it had meant nothing to her, like he had thought it did. Although when she spoke his name it caused him to flinch slightly due to it being foreign from her lips. He hadn't heard her say it, and he forced himself to look at her face.

"Note? Na I just saw you were gone," he said it genuinely surprised, and the latter portion a little hurt. His eyes fell to her outfit, still taking in her beauty in clothes that were unflattering.

Before she had a chance to reply Nate had spotted him, and interjected just as she might have been about to speak. "Buddddy, who is this fine lady?" he extended a hand, "I'm Nate, one of Cas's buddies."

Nate had a hard time staying out of everything. If it wasn't his he wanted it – and in most cases this could be a perfect example of one. Reese was stunning, she even looked innocent, what more could any thug from the Justice's really ask for? Caspian couldn't think of anything else, besides a nice safe, cushioned life away from all the bullshit.

Ah, so he hadn't seen it! She should have put it somewhere more noticeable, maybe on his fridge? She turned to face him a bit more, on the verge of explaining why she left, before suddenly another man came out of nowhere. Blinking a bit in surprise again, she looked to his hand before taking it gently, shaking it politely as she gave him a small smile. Wouldn't want to see rude in front of a friend of Caspian's...right?

"It's nice to meet you..I'm Reese." She said politely before she looked at Caspian again.

She had hoped to talk about this with him privately. She didn't know if his friends knew that she had been there or not, or if they'd approve of that. Or maybe they'd start to make jokes or rumors about them sleeping together, she wasn't exactly sure. She doubted that rumors would matter though, her father didn't do anything besides work and drink so he wouldn't here anything unless he actually paid her mind. On top of that, she wasn't certain if it would be a good idea for his friend to get any ideas, she wouldn't want him to give Caspian any trouble just because she said something misleading by mistake.

"So...are you guys celebrating something? I see a big group of people over there." She said, hoping to seem polite and maybe get Nate to pull back just a bit.

Caspian began to talk but again was cut off by his overeager friend. Caspian rolled his eyes and took a few swigs of his drink as he listened to his friend babble.

"Sorta, wanna join us? We all just got out on bail, but the other guys are at another place, so it's just us," he smiled his stained teeth at the girl.

Caspian though cut in, "Give us a minute, maybe I can talk her into joining." Caspian winked at Nate who didn't particularly want to part with them, but instead he nodded slightly, disappointment in his eyes. Caspian shook his head, clear frustration there.

"Sorry," he eyed her a minute, "So a note? I was curious what I did that pissed you off so bad that you left without a word." A smirk lit his face up, as he tried to make a joke out of the anger he was previously feeling towards her. Instead he turned his body towards her, one of his arms leaning against the bar and supported his head, the other held his drink.

Reese, slightly worried about what she should say, was glad that Caspian cut in just in time and got his friends to back off and head back to the group. She smiled a bit kindly as she looked at him, shaking her head a bit at his sorry. He didn't need to apologize, his friends had a reason to be happy and if they got like that when happy she was not one to judge. At the mentions of the note, she smiled a bit and shook her head again.

"I wouldn't leave without a goodbye, but at the same time I didn't want to wake you up and I was a bit worried about the house. My dad doesn't cook and well...I suppose you could say I feared that the house might not be there this morning. Thankfully he got takeout so all I had to do was clean up. It wasn't anything personal, promise...Besides, I had to make sure it was clean before he got back tonight, or least he'd have a fit with me." She said simply before taking a sip of her drink slowly.

"He doesn't like a messy house." She said softly as she looked back up at Caspian. "Anyway, I really want to thank you for the other day, so please let me know if there is anything I can do. I can help you out with things if you need any, I mean, I'm not sure about the gang related tasks but I'm a pretty good cook. If you guys are tired of pizza I can bring you something some time." She offered with a small smile.

Caspian was glad that his buddy left, though he knew that Nate wouldn't stay away long. The guy had a knack for intruding, so Caspian tried to get to the point, at least as much as he was able too. He nodded his head at her words, "It's alright." He shrugged, trying to pretend that he really didn't care as much as he had. If she knew how attached he felt to her, would that drive her away? He had no ownership over her, she really didn't owe him anything. "Makes sense though, I was just sorry you left so fast," he had been looking at his drink but lifted his eyes slightly to smile at her. Not a devilish or menacing smile, but a genuine one.

She continued and he shook his head, the smile fading. "You don't owe me nothin', and you aren't a servant, you ain't cleaning our place, or cookin' for us." He shifted in his chair, wanting to feel her face in his hands again, feel her skin again. Instead he slid off his stool, he was close to her, close enough that if he wanted to reach out and touch her – he could, even though he wouldn't… "How about you stop being all business, and come enjoy yourself with us?" he smiled, and offered a hand to help her slide off the stool. "I'm doin' a bit of business, but Nate ain't a bad guy. Just a little oblivious." He smirked again this time at his friends expense.

She watched him slip from his seat and ask if she wanted to join them after he told her she didn't have to pay him back. She still wanted to repay him somehow...She'd just have to find another way of doing it. Still, if she couldn't pay him back now, the least she could do was accept his invitation and join his group. At least this way she might blend in a bit better and not have to worry about being picked out by staff. No one would bother her with a gang...at least no one that didn't want to mess with them. She nodded her head a bit before she slipped off her stool, holding onto her drink in one hand.

"Alright...I'll join you guys. Just as long as they don't try to pick on me because I'm not all tough like them." She joked a bit as she stood next to him.

When he started to lead the way she followed, tugging on a piece of hair shyly as she wondered what the rest of them would be like. She never hung out with a full gang before, Caspian was the closest she had ever gotten to that and she doubted he had the same attitude as his friends.

He wanted to latch onto her hand, and lead her over to the group like she was his. Like he was hers - maybe Julieanne would get the point if he did that. But he wouldn't she wasn't his, he wasn't hers. From the way things were panning out he didn't even know if that was something she wanted. Instead when he got to the group he introduced her to the other girls. "Chrissy, and Julieanne this is Reese, Nate this is Reese," he pointed to each as he introduced them, and continued to hold onto his drink. He let a few gulps of it glide down his throat, the coke masking any traces of alcohol, that is how he get the drunkest, though it seemed he always found one way or another.

Chrissy ordered five shots, and passed them out to each of them, "To new faces, and new friends." She smiled at Reese as almost all of the drinks lifted and clanked together.

"Ay, Casp, looks like Frank is here, you might wanna go hook him up," he smirked devilishly before his eyes flashed back to Reese.

"Yea, you behave yourself though. Ya hear me?" Caspian didn't by any means outrank Nate, but still he was offering the words as a forewarning - that Reese wasn't up for grabs, she was taken, even if it was a subconscious sort of taken. Caspian leaned into Reese, "If you need anything the bartender is as good as me to ask, alright?" he nodded at her before he headed over to Frank. They talked business for a time at another table. How much was too much, not enough, ect. Caspian was bored with it, and he glanced over at Reese numerous times, curious if she was feeling like he had ditched her, or even if she was feeling awkward with a bunch of people she didn't know.

Reese waved at everyone as she was introduced, smiling a bit as she looked at everyone. Clinking her shot glass with the other's she took it back and shook her head before letting out a small gasp. That was a bit stronger than expected, but in a good way. She could hear the girls giggle a bit at her reaction but she didn't mind, she knew that what she did was laughable on occasion and she didn't have the best shake off face when it came to the stronger stuff. She looked to Caspian as Nate mentioned a customer. Did he really have to get to work already? It wasn't that she didn't like his friends...she just didn't know them all that well just yet.

Nodding her head a bit at him when he said she could ask the bartender for help, she watched him walk off to do business. She looked to him for a bit before looking back to the others. Finding herself lost for words, she just stood there and sipped on her original drink quietly. She heard the cleaning of someone's throat and looked up to see Chrissy giving her a rather playful smirk.

"So...You know Caspian. I'm surprised he'd talk to someone like you...no offense. You just seem...Not from the area." She said as she started to move over to her and stand next to Reese rather closely. "What brings a girl like you to this side of town."

"Well...alcohol...and I've got time to kill." She said simply, deciding that leaving out her father for now would be best.

Chrissy just laughed a bit before putting an arm around Reese's shoulders kindly. "You're funny...You must be pretty desperate to come here for a drink, not exactly the most popular place for a girl of your caliber I bet. Why don't you join us outside for a bit. We're just gonna hit some up while Casp over there does business. No need to sit around and wait for the busy body!" She offered as Reese blinked at her in a confused manner.

"A...hit?"

Nate had taken Caspian's word just for what they were. A way of telling him that he wanted to call dibs on this broad. Really that was fine with him, she seemed upperscale, someone who'd be more work to bed. He prefered sticking with some of the easier prey - Julianne, or Chrissy typically worked just fine for him. Though he couldn't help letting his eyes inspect the girl as Chrissy seemed to be taking her under her wing. Julianne smirked at her friend making nice with the new girl. Though it did make her a little uneasy. They were a pair, and she didn't particularly want another joining them, that meant sharing the males - specifically Caspian.

Julianne leaned in towards Reese, "You know weed?" A smirk passed over her lips, "Oh c'mon, it won't kill you, but it'll definitely loosen you up. I bet you'll like it, Caspian sure does." She was doing that on purpose talking about Caspian like she knew all about him, just to hopefully scare the girl off. But instead she latched onto Chrissy's arm, who was linked with Reese, and began heading towards the door. "C'mon Nate. Let Cas do his work, he'll find me when he's done, he always does."

"Right," Nate said sarcastically knowing full and well that Caspian wasn't usually looking for Julianne.

They walked casually towards the side of the building, the two girls continuing their hold on one another, and letting Reese do as she pleased considering the chain which they made. Though Nate sort of lingered behind keeping an eye out up and down the street, just in case. He was with three females, and even if he had a gun at his back that wouldn't do much if he didn't see it coming. Julianne got the glass bong, filled it, and handed it to Reese to get the first hit. Part of it was that it was her first time, and part was that she wanted her to feel the affects.

"You can take the first hit, Chrissy, lite it for her?" she spoke to her friend, "Now suck in, but be prepared it's smoke, you will probably cough too so don't suck in too hard, or you'll get too much." She was intentionally giving back directions on how to smoke it, but the girl hung around Casp, so if anything, she would know a thing or two about cigarettes at least, which Julianne hoped wouldn't make it too easy on her to know what to do.

Reese really couldn't do much but go along with the group, soon being dragged out of the side of the building and standing in an alley way as the girls worked with some strange looking thing. When the girl named Julianne spoke so simply about Caspian, she wondered if they had possibly been dating in the past, or were even dating now. She hadn't thought about it much when he kissed her, but now that she was looking at the girls, she wondering he would do something like that when with another woman technically. Caspian didn't seem the type to cheat though, he was just so kind...he did show resistance after all when she had stopped the kiss.

Now holding the bong, she realized that this was really going to happen. Chrissy was lighting the weed for her as Julianne was giving her quick instructions on how smoke it. As much as she wanted to be friends, doing weed made her nervous. She had no idea what would happen to her or if she'd even be able to handle it. Smoking wasn't for everyone and she hadn't smoked ever, not even out of curiosity. Still...It couldn't hurt to try, you only lived once and she was young! On top of that, Caspian was around so if something did get a little crazy she could ask him for some help...or at least try to sober herself outside in the fresh air.

Doing as she was told, she took the bong to her lips and sucked in slowly, the smoke filling her lungs. It hurt a bit and as she breathed out she started to cough in pain. It tasted weird and she felt no change to herself except for a burning in her chest and eyes as the smoke covered everything in the area.

"Ow..." She coughed weakly as she looked to Chrissy, the girl just laughing a bit as she leaned in to speak.

"It takes some practice...but its not a bad try." She said kindly before taking the bong and giving herself her own hit and then passing it on to Julianne.

Julianne watched as she took a hit, doing it much better than she had anticipated. There was a touch of disappointment in her eyes, but no one could see beyond the glossed over look which they held. Instead, she took her own deep hit, and passed it to Nate. Nate was surprised she had even tried, and while he had snickered slightly when she coughed he wasn't cynical like Julianne. He didn't mean harm by his laughter.

"Back to the newbieeee," he joked lightly, "Try holding it in as long as possible, the first hit probably won't do much to you, but after a few you'll feel it."

"Lookit you giving her tips on how to smoke," Julianne jeered.

~~~

Caspian was growing annoyed, tired with the constant game of prices. The guy was seriously trying to run away with his goods, for nearly nothing.

"How about you buy it for the taking price, or find someone else who can give you a better one, cause I am bettin' you can't," the annoyance was clear in his tone. He still hadn't finished his drink, but he glanced over to where the group had been and noticed they were gone. Panic surged through his body, curious as to what they were doing, where Reese had gone, and if she was alright. THe feeling was still odd to him, of caring for someone that much, that he actually fretting over their well being. Frank thumped his hand against the tabletop, "Damnit, fine." He slid a wad of bills towards Caspian, and he latched onto them counting them before letting a hand reach into his pocket and sliding over the agreed upon drugs.

"See you next time buddy," he said as he downed the rest of his drink, and thumped his hand against the table top twice.

He picked up his pace, half running out of the door, and looking around. All was clear there, and that is when he heard Julianne's voice. The context of it sending a chilld, unrelated to the cold up his spine. The bitch was corrupting Reese. He let his body take on a more natural pace as he rounded the corner looking at all of his friends faces and resting his tawny eyes finally on Reese, who held the bong in her hands.

"Seems I keep learning more and more about you by the day," he said a bit jokingly, but there was a tightness in his voice that told Nate that he was unhappy. He had no idea if Reese heard it, or if the the other two girls did - but he assumed they didn't they were high and drunk, putting in much longer hours than all of them combined.

"Awwh, I missed you Casp, how'd biz go? Reese here is a trooper, only coughed a little," Julianne smiled at Reese before turning back to Caspian, "Where'd you find the little thing anyways?" The tone was talking down about Reese, as if she was a child.

"Cut the crap Jul," he said sharpy.

There was shock on her face, "Jeez I share my shit and this is what I get in return."

"Na, she ain't a puppy I didn't find her on the street, she came into the bar, that's that," he said with distaste.

"Sorry," she said it in a whine.

Nate interjected to relieve the scene, "How'd the sale go? He get you, or you get him?"

Caspian smirked knowing what his friend was doing, "I got him." He turned towards Reese worry weaved into his eyes and into his sculpted facial features, "You good?"

Reese watched as the other's hit up, her eyes landing on Nate as he explained that it took a bit more than one hit to feel anything. Looking down at the bong in her hands she wondered if it would be such a good idea. What if she got lost on her way home because she was high? Or worse, she bumped into the police and they took her home? Her father would be enraged! Then again, he seemed angry no matter what she did, good or bad. Taking a small breath, she moved in and took another hit, this time holding it in before letting it out and coughing a little bit more. She didn't have much to lose at this point so as they say, if you can't beat them, join them.

Reese...was high...really high.

It was crazy, she couldn't really tell what she was feeling but it was sort of nice. Now she wasn't one to support drug use but she could really understand why in some states weed was used as a medical drug. This stuff just made everything disappear, stress, concern, even physical pain...The only thing she really noticed that it caused was some serious hunger cravings...She was starving! When Caspian came around though she gave a small smile and waved at him as she continued to sit on the ground.

She wasn't really focused on the conversation, though she did hear the comments Julianne made. She got this vibe that she...was not liking her. For what reason she didn't know but she'd still try to play nice...she doubted she could be mean when this high anyway. Giggling a bit as the talk of the deal went down, she looked up at Caspian again when he asked how she was.

"I'm fine...really hungry though...Like, I could really go for some food right now." She said as she sat there, the bong having been passed on a bit ago. "Though...I don't think I should smoke any more...I'm really...Really not focused right now. My dad would notice." She said, a rather logical person for being high...Though her matureness was lost as she giggled again.

"You know...That stuff isn't so bad. To bad it makes you smell though...I'd smoke it at home." She said lightly as if it was nothing, obviously not seeing the dangers of carrying around weed, either in her house or in public.

Making a move to stand, she stumbled a bit but got herself up right and dusted off her sweat shirt. She needed to sober up, and no from the alcohol. Maybe some real air would do her some good, something that didn't turn her eyes read her make her giggle randomly for no reason. She looked at Caspian and smiled rather widely, seemingly loosened up thanks to the drugs.

"I'm...gonna go breath air." She explained as she headed towards the entrance of the alley way.

Caspian rubbed his head slightly with a big grin on his face as Reese replied to him. Instead he sort of stayed silent as she rambled forward with her thoughts. A completely open book now that she as a little green in her. If he knew that was all he had to do to get her talking he would have tried it the last time he had some on him and had been with her. When she half stood half stumbled Caspian sort of side stepped to try and catch her fall, but that didn't happen and he was happy just in case he had somehow missed her. He smiled back at her, though not as widely, but he was equally as amused.

"Go ahead," he smirked shaking his head slightly, "If this falls back on me, I'mma kick someone's ass." The smile disappeared as he spoke shaking his head, and watching Reese.

"Oh stop it Casp, the rookies havin' fun," Julianne said with a smile looking at Caspian.

Instead of saying another word to her, he headed over to Reese. A hand resting on the small of her back. He stood beside her like this for a minute or two, "You want to go get something to eat, I'll buy."

He had sold his goods to Frank, and now he was free for the night. Might as well try and spend it with her.

Reese walked, or mostly stumbled, out towards the entrance of the alley way. Taking in a deep breath of air, she started to feel a little less distracted or giggly. It wasn't such a bad feeling, and she hardly felt sick. However, it really messing with her thought process. She could hardly stop her mind from wandering, that's all it seemed to want to do. There wasn't one thing she could focus on without her mind hopping quickly to another unrelated topic. It was strange. Leaning against the wall of the building, she closed her eyes and gave a small smile. If her father could see her now...She'd be dead, without a doubt.

Startled slightly by Caspian, she looked up at him with bright red yes, rubbing the quickly as they suddenly started to sting. His offer of food was really tempting, especially with how hungry she felt thanks to that weed. She could eat a whole buffet she was certain. Nodding her head a bit as she pulled her hands from her face, she readjusted her glasses on the bridge of her nose.

"Yeah...that would be nice...I could go for some hot wings...or ribs...Anything filling and cheap." She said quickly as she didn't want him to spend to much money on her. "I can cover myself actually so don't worry about me." She then said as she decided to not make him spend any of his new cash.

Caspian laughed softly at her, "You know you're kinda cute when you are high." He joked with her, before his hand fell to his side, and he waved at the small group of people behind him. He had enough of hanging out with all of them for the evening. "Let's go, there's a little diner down the road," he said as he stepped in the direction they were headed. He had no idea how this evening would end up, but he knew he wasn't going to take advantage of her, even if she was susceptible at the moment.

"They got a killer burger," he said as he kept his eyes on the streets around him.

Some nights the opposite gangs would show up and harass or attempt to gun down their enemies. It was a rare event but much like Nate keeping his eyes open for such a thing typically made him feel a little less probable of being attacked. They moved forward but when he noticed how wobbly she was he placed an arm around her, "Looks like you could use some support." A smile was given to her.

A deep blush covered her cheeks as he called her cute when high, a rather strange compliment but certainly one she was happy to receive from Caspian. She just wished that she didn't feel so loopy like this, it made having a conversation very difficult, at least it felt that way as she found herself remaining silent and focusing more on walking, or stumbling yet again. She was glad to hit up a diner, and even more happy to know that there would be a promising meal waiting for her there. She let Caspian lead the way as she walked by his side, wobbling only slightly now as she took in more and more fresh air.

Another deep blush took over her face as he put arm around her and commented on her needing some help, her hands moving up to tug on some hair as she leaned into him. As embarrassing as this was, he was right, she was way to high to be walking on her own, even if it had only been a few hits. She hardly had the stomach for this kind of thing.

"Thanks..." She mumbled softly as she continued to walk down the street, her hands suddenly acting on their own as the tugged on her hair and seemed to find the strands as wonderful entertainment.

It was nice feeling her body lean into his even if she was forced to by the state she had found herself in. Caspian was lucky his uppers hadn't seen how soft he was around Reese – they would begin to wonder what she was doing to him. Instead he let his arm fall around her casually, comfortably.

"Of course," he said with a smile. He knew what it was like to feel that out of your body. Caspian was lucky his uppers hadn't seen how soft he was around Reese – they would begin to wonder what she was doing to him. Instead he let his arm fall around her casually, comfortably.

"Of course," he said with a smile. He knew what it was like to feel that out of your body. Your mind was always moving faster than you could, jumping from one thing to the next a mental playground that quickened and slowed with tasks, always keeping you in a state you were unfamiliar with though. "There it is," Caspian nodded across the street at a gold and red restaurant place with all windows. The building inside was well lit and a single woman could be walking around, cleaning, and tending to the guests. Caspian urged her on, watching the street before guiding her across. He was attached to her, and he knew it. If this had been any other girl he wouldn't have gone through all of the trouble of what seemed to be 'babysitting' her throughout the last couple of days.

"Hope you are ready for some good burgers," he smirked as he continued holding her close to him so none of the employees noticed she was in an altered state from her motor skills being off.

Reese was so glad that Caspian was willing to guide her along and keep her moving in a straight line. She was certain that if he didn't she'd be stumbling into the street and getting hit by a car right now. She didn't mind his arm around her at all, in fact she found it quite welcoming and gentle. It made her feel as if anything happened she could always turn to him for help, or at least be a shoulder to lean on...No pun intended. As the diner came into view she smiled. It seemed like a very nice place, and it certainly looked like it was kept in proper shape even while in this area of town.

Letting Caspian guide her across the street and into the diner, she just looked around curiously. She wasn't certain what she was going to do after this, the evening was still young and she was still very high. Hopefully Caspian would stick around and keep her company, at least until it was safe for her to head home on her own. Though she didn't plan on admitting it...She was rather fond of him, he was just so kind to her...so gentle. He hardly fit the gangster image he put on himself. She thought of him more as a gentleman, one that dealed drugs but still a gentleman.

"I'm more than ready...I'm starving." She said with a small smile as she looked over to him, laughing a little bit before she leaned against him again, waiting for a waitress to come over at seat them.

When they did finally get seated though, Reese took one side of a booth and let herself rest her head on the table for a moment. She was still a little misplaced and hopefully no one noticed how high she was. If she was lucky, they might assume that she has pink eye or something like that. She'd hate to be caught by strangers for being high on weed. Talk about ruining a good night.

It seemed when he was with Reese that the smile on his face never really left – that is as long as she wasn't in trouble. When she was as in an instance just like with Julianne it seemed he jumped to the offensive, ready to take control, and help her. Really it was a peculiar thing, especially after growing up in foster care – only looking out for himself, and always, always choosing his own wellbeing over others, even if he had created alliances.

"Good," he said happily as he walked her in the front door. They waited a time before they were sat, but Caspian appeared to be doing all of the talking mostly because she was too high, that she would likely say something that embarrassed herself, or caused curiosities from the workers – not that people coming in high was new to them, because it was more common than would be expected.

"Coke for me, and whatever she wants," he looked towards Reese, her head on the table. "A water for her, and a oreo shake." He had on numerous occasions gotten the same when high himself from here. The waitress seemed to recognize him, and offered a sweet smile before batting her lashing and walking off.

He leaned over the counter slightly, resting a hand on her arm, "Reese you alright? I got you a shake, and water, is that okay?" He knew it if wasn't that he would pick up her slack and drink it. "Check out the menu she'll be back for your order, if ya tell me whatcha want, I'll order for you." He had a feeling she was shy about her state, but he worked best in that state – in any state that wasn't his normal state.

Reese was out of it a bit as Caspian ordered his drink and something for her. She couldn't help it though, the weed was making her mind fuzzy. Sometimes she'd be really focused on something and the next her mind would draw a blank. It was a really confusing feeling for the usually focused and well mannered girl. It was also making her slightly dizzy, if only because her already bad eyesight was being effected even more by the drugs. Lifting her head a bit as he touched her arm, she gave a tired smile and nodded her head a bit at his words. He had been so nice to get her something so she didn't have to talk like this.

"Thanks...That sounds yummy." She said with a grin on her face before she looked over to the menu nearby her.

She glanced over the pages in silence, her eyes a bit shaky behind her glasses as she tried to read the page. Hopefully these were the final effects of the weed, because she was starting to get a little irritated, enough to rub her eyes roughly before looking at the page and giving it a second go. This was what she got for needing glasses. Finally able to read, she looked over the items before seeing the one thing that called out to her like a beacon.

"I'll have the triple with fries...Everything on it...and extra cheese." She said to him as she set down the menu. "I'm really hungry right now so this might only be the start."

Putting her menu to the side and rested her head on her arms, though this time her face was visible as she rested there, her eyes looking out the window into the night as if absently thinking of things.