The Wrong Side of the Tracks

Caspian let his tongue flick out and wet his lips, thinking to himself, 'okay we're gonna do this the hard way.' He turned back around for a moment to look at the nervous cashier. The line inched forward again, and he sighed heavily before turning back to her. "That sounds like a painful way to spend your night, chores," he could never recall having to do those in his current house. Where he stayed now, it was a nest for justice's and rats. Well, that is if the stray cat's didn't off the rats first, but either way, it wasn't very clean to say the least, and Caspian could never remember a time he had to keep it that way.

His foster parents on the other hand had ruled their house with a hard hand… the ones he ran away from had kept their house spotless by using their fosters to do it, and motivated them with a lock on the fridge door. In fact as he thought about it they had forced him to do a lot of things, but he thought starving was a better fate than staying in that hell hole. Murdering and fighting for his life was better than being beaten. From this point on Caspian had sort of zonked out to the conversation, instead he pulled his wallet out with his free hand, and with a bit of leaning against his other arm, he finally got the fifty out. He didn't let the girl see it, but he had a plan.

Caspian felt like he should say more, anything to the girl, but he had nothing left to say. She had turned him down for an evening out, and while she offered a lame excuse at a rain check he had plans to deal with that before getting out of here. Plus she was just a girl, one who was from an entirely different world – one where he didn't belong. When the cashier finally met Cas's face he told him the cigarettes he wanted, and asked for two packs. They were slid across the counter, and before he paid he asked for a pen. The guy handed over a red one, and Caspian handed over his crappy ATM card. As the kid was running it, Caspian wrote his number on the bill, and his name. When the bill was complete he stuffed his items in their rightful spots off to the side of the counter.

The girl was up there now, her basket on the counter for the guy. Caspian smacked the bill down on the countertop, which was enough to make anyone close to it not paying attention jump, and slid it towards her. "If you change your mind, at least you know how to contact me," he said before turning on his feet and heading out of the store. He hoped she wouldn't just leave a fifty sitting there on the counter, though he hadn't thought about how he felt about writing his own number on a fifty. Hopefully that didn't somehow backfire on him. "Oh well," he said to himself as he sauntered back towards the bar, a new bounce in his stride.

Reese nodded her head a bit as he replied to her decline, her eyes looking around the store for a moment before looking up at him. She didn't see him suffle around with his wallet until he was done doing whatever it was he was doing. She didn't think much on it because it was his turn next, and he did need to get ready to pay for whatever he was getting.

"Yeah, it's not fun but it has to be done." She said simply as she looked around at the magazines near the counter as he went about his shopping.

The conversation mostly ended at that as he seemed to be doing some writing as the cashier tossed some packs of cigarettes at him and ran whatever he gave to pay with. She had starting to bounce her basket off her knees to pass the waiting time, her eyes wandering over a cleaning magazine as she noticed an interesting thing on the cover. Picking it up, she decided to buy it, if only to kill time as she sat home alone for the night. In all honesty, she would have said yes to his invitation if she didn't have her father to worry about. If she wasn't home when he got there it could mean another smack on the cheek, or something worse if he was sober at the time of his arrival. And considering what happened only a few days ago she couldn't take the risk.

When the guy stepped off to the side, she stepped up and started to put her things on the counter, the cashier quickly scanning her things tiredly as it was a robotic motion. The two were startled though as her former conversation partner suddenly slammed something onto the counter, causing a few still shopping customers to peek out of the asiles to see what was happened. Slightly started, Reese had put a hand to her chest, mostly as a reaction to the startling sound. Looking up at him as he spoke, she blinked a few times and watched him leave before looking down at what was left on the counter.

A fifty, rather wrinkly but otherwise fine, was laying there, a name and number on it. Picking it up, she took in the information. Caspian...It was a very interesting name, it sounded rather old and formal almost. Looking towards the door, she stared for a long while in thought until the cashier cleared his throat. Blushing now, she quickly paid for her items and left, still clinging to the fifty in her hand as she scurried on her way home.

So the slapping of the bill down on the countertop was a little brash, but wasn't that what he was? Wild, and free, and certain to always make an impression – even if it isn't quite a good one. At least some things didn't change with liquor he thought to himself. His arms swayed back and forth on his side as he walked, bit the low gangster walk that some thugs could be seen with, but a proud walk. One that showed he wasn't ashamed of who he was, of what he did, or of how he did it. The cool metal at his back helped him feel a little more at ease in case anything went wrong. Typically he would have someone with him just in case things did go wrong, but what other choice did he have tonight?

Caspian didn't stand outside of the bar slinging drugs, that was just asking for a cop to find him, and catch him. Instead he was inside, all of the regulars who bought from him or from Nate knew that inside was safer. Any drug dealer, or drug buyer knew that, and wouldn't complain. He had a few drinks, and when the first few buyers came they went out and tested out the product in the side alley. The best part about Courtside was that Caspian knew the staff, and as long as the gang watched out for the bar, and that staff, than they would turn their cheek to any dirty business.

~~~~​

Marcus had been tailing Caspian in a car he had hotwired. Trying to figure out what he was doing, even if it wasn't his territory... he was on his way to dropping off a stolen car, so he could be out of there at any moment, and at least had an excuse. Mainly he was trying to figure out a way to fuck with him. Make things harder on him than they already were. He had no idea how many people were staying with him, but after watching him walk down the road he noticed someone off, and that is when he placed her. The girl with the glasses had just been in the very convenient store that Caspian had been… had they planned that? Of course they did, Marcus snickered to himself. Instead of following Caspian, he began slowly driving behind her, pulling along the side of the road to 'park' as he watched her walk into her house. He sat outside for awhile, wanting the girl to know he was watching her.

Reese found herself moving at a decent pace, mostly in hopes to get home before her father did. It was around the time most people got out of work. Then again, he never came home early, so maybe her rushing was pointless. There was another reason though, a feeling as if she was being watched the whole way home. She glanced over her shoulder quickly a few times, only seeing a car driving along. Oh god...was she being stalked now? She didn't want to be raped! or killed! She quickly ran up teh front walk of her house and unlocked the door, fumbling with her keys nervously as she heard a car park. Panicked, she darted inside as soon as the door was open and slammed it closed behind her, locking it behind her as her food hung off her arm, the plastic bags digging in as they were starting to get stretched out.

She put the food on the kitchen table for a moment before she walked over to her window, peaking out to see who was out there. It was that car, the one she had seen following her all the way home. However, her heart dropped as she recognized the face of the driver. Instantly pulling herself back into the house she started to painic. It was that Marcus! Oh god now he knew where she lived! What did she do? Call the cops? That might only anger him more if she did that, he wasn't doing anything wrong anyway, just sitting outside of her house. No matter how creepy it was it wasn't exactly illegal to do. She walked back into the kitchen and started to check the windows and doors. Her father could fumble drunkenly with his keys tonight! She wasn't gonna leave a single opening for this creeper!

After checking all the of the first level doors and windows, she went back into the kitchen and started to put the snacks away. On occason she'd glance out the window to see if he was still sitting there, and each time he was. It was making her only get more and more concerned. Would he spend the night out there? Would he wait until it was dark? Maybe he would drive off but come back walking so she would let her guard down...Oh god, what the fuck did she do to deserve this? It was all Caspian's fault! It hit her then...

"Caspian..." She said as she pulled back from a window for the hundreth time and walked over to her purse. Shuffling around quickly, she pulled out the fifty with his name and number. He was the man who put her in this mess, maybe he could get her out of it. He seemed to not like this guy very much anyway...so maybe some information on him would help him out? Hopefully she wasn't interrupting his...business. She didn't know what it was but she prayed it wasn't something he'd get mad about missing. She was desperate for company, to feel safe and not stalked. He was the closest thing to comfort she was gonna get as well. Dialling the number, she held the phone against her ear tightly as she moved back over to teh window and peeked out again.

Marcus returned her look with a rather untrusting smirk of sorts, making her pull back suddenly and slip down the wall to the floor, her eyes closed tightly as she waited for Caspian...or anyone to pick up.

Two females, Chrissy, and Julianne had showed up to buy a decent amount of his product. Luckily for Caspian this meant three things. The first was flirting to fill the void which still stirred and buzzed in response to the girl he had seen again earlier. The second was that these girls were a bit on the sleazy side. Julianne had dated Nate but still found herself hitting on Caspian and even Chris – while they had broken up shortly after, Caspian still found it odd, but the girls liked him, and for that reason alone they stood out in the alleyway smoking their second bowl. Some people wondered why a dealer was always lit, and this was likely the reason. The third thing that it meant was that he at least had company while he waited for more buyers.

A loud chime sounded in Caspian's pocket, and as he pulled out his phone Chrissy snatched it up from his clutches. Julianne had the bowl, but she coughed out smoke in a laugh.

"Aye, it could be the station, give that back," his hand reached out towards her, his fingers wiggling towards his body, telling her to hand it over.

A few giggles were given as the girls swapped the pipe for the phone.

Julianne picked it up her voice a soft purr as she answered, "Hello, Caspian Varenkov's phone." In the background Chrissy giggled uncontrollably. Caspian had given up being passive about it, and approached Julianne, snatching the phone from her ear, glaring slightly at her as he shook his head, and put the phone to his own ear.

"Hello, this is Caspian, who is this?" he said sourly, mainly at the girls. While the weed had perked them up, weed typically brought him down a few notches from his high strung state. "Uh huh," he said slightly surprised. "I can come deal with it, where at? What's the car look like?" the girls quieted at his serious tone.

"Caspppp, you're leavin'?" Chrissy again purred at him. He held a hand up telling her to hold on.

He had still three to four baggies he needed to sell to breach two hundred, but he would have time later for that right? He had offered his number to this girl, and while she wasn't calling for what he had intended at least he had dibs on where Marcus was.

"Try and act normal like, nothin' is going on, alright?" he spoke steadily, the girls still giggling and goofing off. One passed the bowl back towards him, and he held it for a time, the amber still glowing, so he took a quick drag as he was quietly on the phone. He spoke out the smoke with his words, "Relax I'll be there shortly." Taking another long drag on the bowl he closed his eyes and let the ethereal stuff linger in his lungs. Letting the full affects of it sink into his body, if he was dealing with Marcus he would need to be as calm as possible… He had already felt his heart rate pick up when she started telling him what was going on. Shortly after he passed it back, and told the girls if they hung around that he'd see them later, and left.

Caspian started out walking quickly towards the girl's home. Then as he neared a couple markers she had mentioned he slowed his stride, finally spotting the car. He leaned in close to the buildings making a play to use the shadows to hide himself. When he finally arrived next to the car, he was still against the building, and Marcus's eyes were clearly focused on the girls house. Slowly Caspian grabbed the gun from behind him, and walked over to the window, pointing the nine millimeter at his rival, before using his pointer fingers knuckle to knock on the window, and tell Marcus to lower the window. Caspian held it at his side though, so passerby's were immediately alerted to it.

"Well ain't this nice," Marcus sneered, even with a gun pointed in his face. Even in his enemies territory.

"You're in the wrong part of town it seems, Justice's part of town," Caspian's typically tawny eyes had morphed to a cool orange, and the whites of his eyes were a soft pink.

"You ain't gonna' shoot, put it down, I was just admiring your sweet piece of tail," he nodded towards the window, towards the curtain which was pulled back.

"Not mine, but you know I'm a sucker for lookers," he said with a bit of sadism. "Amy, man, she was a looker wasn't she." His lips curled into an 'oh' shape to express how good looking she had been, to rub it in a little further. While he had been a little drunk at the bar he still remembered the words of Marcus's that cut him deep, and he had his own salt that he could rub in Marcus's wounds. Marcus's sneer left his face.

"Let's get something straight," Caspian's face took a darkness on, and the lighting helped to darken his typically features, the angles of his face playing on the darkness. He lowered his forearm onto the window seal, and leaned there with a sneer on his face, "I could kill you now, no issues, leave you in this stolen piece of shit with a bullet in your fuckin' head. But that death is too good for you. Now if you keep this up, harassing her," he pointed towards her door, "I promise I won't give a shit how I kill you. She ain't with us, or you, leave her outta it. We clear?"

Something about the girl had spurred something in him. Hurting innocents just to hurt them, really enraged him, and part of it he had no doubt had to do with his childhood, but another part of it felt unnecessary, even if it happened on occasion. Marcus turned his eyes straight again, "Fine."

He kept the gun pointed at Marcus, as he started the car, and drove off. This time there were no cinematics, overplayed threats, or final words. Caspian wasn't shocked it was that easy, Charlie's death had been partially directed to hurt Caspian, and in another sense just because he could. Caspian's eyes turned towards the window again, waiting to see if she would come out, or if he should go in. Or if he should just go back to work…

Reese waited...and waited...and waited. It felt like it was taking forever for someone to pick up, even for an answering machine! Though, when the smooth sound of a woman's voice hit her ears she was a little shocked. Had she interrupted something more...private? Blushing like mad but trying to pretend that wasn't on her mind, she was glad to hear the voice of Caspian, disgruntled though it might have been. Looking out her window from the floor once more, Reese found herself quickly trying to explain the situation.

"Caspian...H-hi...It-it's me, um...the girl from the club, and convience store! Look, I hope I'm not interrupting anything, but that guy...Marcus you called him. He's sitting outside my house watching me! He followed me home from the store and I don't know what to do. I-I remember...blips of what you said...but I'm really starting to not like that vibe...He keeps glaring at me." She explained weakly as she waitied from his responce.

"I-It's near the YMCA building...Along Manchester. He's in a beat up old sadan...Half of it has exposed metal so I'm assuming that where ever he got it, it was a quick find." She added as she curled up againt the wall. When he asked her to try and act normally she nodded her head, though blushed again as she realized this wasn't a face to face conversation. "Right...I'll stay inside...I have to doors locked and my house alarm set so...Please hurry." She said softly.

The call was ended and Reese was left sitting on the floor, still clenching onto the phone in a tight grip. She wanted to look outside again, but remembered that Caspian said to act normal...she wouldn't look out the window so often in a paranoid manner. Instead, she stood up slowly, only glancing out the blinds for a second before she moved over to the TV. She was turning it on as more of background noise than to actually watch it. Who know's, maybe Marcus would see it and think that she had thought that he left. She wanted to believe that that would happen...but it wasn't very likely. It was awhile before she noticed any change outside, her eyes looking away from a show on puppies to see another figure standing at the driver window of the car.

She hopped up instantly and peaked outside, hiding mostly behind the curtain as she watched in silence what happened out side. She obviously couldn't hear the conversation but she was certain some very tense words were being exchanged. She continued to watch worriedly from the window in silence until she noticed the car come to life before slowly driving off down the road and finally leaving her in peace. A sigh escaped her as she stood there, glancing back out the window to see Caspian looking at her this time around. She stared back at him for a second before she pulled away from the window and headed for the front door. Unlocking it, she stepped outside, her feet bare as she closed te door behind her and slowly made her way out onto the sidewalk.

It was only right that she thank him now, he just saved her again! She had her arms crossed over her chest, but mostly just to keep herself warm. It was surprisingly cold out this evening, possibly because of a wind that was blowing through the city. Stopping next to him, she looked up at him and nodded her head a bit before speaking softly

"Thanks...He was really creeping me out. I was also worried...about what would happen when my dad came home." She admitted as she looked down tot he ground. "Anyway...Sorry for bugging you. I mean...I probably interrupted something when I called so if there is anything I can do to make up for it...Please let me know."

When Marcus had fully driven off, Caspian put the safety back on, on his gun, and tucked it at his back again. His eyes no longer on the door as it crept open. Though he had watched her cross the street, and stand before him. He dug in his pocket for a moment, opening up the pack of smokes he had bought earlier. When she nodded her head he cocked an eyebrow at her wondering what was going to come out of her mouth. He shrugged it off, chalking it up to nothing.
"Hopefully he'll leave you alone now," he said hopefully as he crumpled up the plastic covering the pack of cigarettes and flipped the top open. He didn't offer then to her, he could tell a smoker when he saw one, and she was not a smoker. His free hand dug in his pocket for a packet of matches.

"You weren't bugging me, and I wasn't busy," he said brashly, "those broads were customers, just lively ones," he said raising his brows. He put a single cigarette between his lips, and pointed towards her steps. As they walked across the street he struck the match against the small pad, the smell of sulfur filling the air just before he lit the white stick. It hung from his lips, as he puffed softly, and breathed out the smoke. One of his hands still clung onto the plastic from the cigarettes.

"You know mine, now what's your name?" he said finally as the cigarette was removed from his lips. He lowered himself onto one of her steps, getting relaxed as he took in the evening. It wasn't a bad area. At least some of the things in his territory wasn't terrible.

Reese, nodded her head a bit at his words. Well at least she hadn't interrupted anything private then. That was a slightly comforting thought. Watching him open his cigarettes for a moment, she looked towards her house as he motioned to it before nodding her head and walking across the street with him. She just stood there as he settled down onto her steps, her arms still crossed as she stared out into the now dull night. It was strange, that one moment was the only spark of anything she had felt in that neighbourhood. Granted, it was fear...but still. Her life really was just one bored repetative cycle.

"Reese." She said simply as he finally asked for her name, she also sitting down on the step next to him as she took off her glasses and tucked them into her shirt pocket. She didn't like wearing them at night, light would hit them and nearly blind her. Sitting there, in front of her house out in the open, she made no move to get away from or get closer to the gang member now smoking on her porch. In truth, she really didn't see any harm in it.

"I only seem to cause you trouble, in all the times we have met." She stated softly as she looked up at the sky. "It's like someone's trying to tell us something..."

His eyes took in the streets, darkening, chilling around them. He knew the streets better than anything. Wasn't scared of them, hell he wasn't scared of much, but this girl sent some alarms up in his head – not because of what she said, or the fable she had created of causing him trouble. It was something else, some strange magnetic draw that they seemed to be having towards one another. First a random meeting at a nightclub, and then a convenient store? The cigarette moved steadily to and from his lips as he took in the nicotine, letting it sink into him, and calm his once jumpy nerves. A chuckle escaped his lips, as he sort of shook his head, and raised his own eyes to the sky, breathing out the smoke. He wanted a drink, a bowl, something else in his system.

The smoke barely made an impression on the air, before being swirled away. "Sorry but I think you got it mixed up," he said with an open mouthed grin. One of his elbows was propped on his knee the other rested on the step behind him. Luckily he had chosen the side of Reese that caused the smoke to go in the opposite direction of her. "You ain't the bad luck lil' lady," he rubbed at his arms, glancing only momentarily at a large ink free spot on his arm – he meant to fix that. "Marcus was probably tailin' me not you today when he found you," he shrugged, "probably best you had to clean your house." He sneered knowing full and well that her little white lie was a ploy to stay out of his crossfire. Still there they were, "better let you get back to that." He sucked one last time on the white stick, the ember on the end glowing a bright red, before he let it soften, and stubbed it out on the cement. He flicked it towards the street. He turned and looked at her face wondering why this girl kept reappearing, and why when she wasn't there she somehow assaulted his thoughts.

A tired smile took over her lips as she listened to him. He probably knew what she had said was a lie, it only made sense with the way he spoke about it. She continued to sit there and stare at the ground for awhile in thought before she glanced at him, their eyes locking in a small staring contest. She wasn't sure how long they looked at each other but something was drawing her into his look more. There was just something about this man...and she had no idea what it was.

"I'm tired...of cleaning." She said softly as she looked at him, her arms having now wrapped around her legs as she tapped her bare feet onto the cold cement lightly, making small patting sounds to fill the rather quiet night around them. "I'm tired of a lot of things really...But I'm really tired of cleaning." She said as she stood up.

"Well...I guess this is goodnight...I hope you can find more customers and such." She said, feeling a little awkward that she was wishing luck to a gangster to sell illegal drugs to people in her neighbourhood. She didn't make a move to go into her house yet, instead just standing there on the cement steps up to her doorway. Her gaze laid on Caspian quietly as she crossed her arms again, another cold wind blowing by as they looked over each other.

Caspian nodded his head, unsure if it was truly cleaning which she was bored of. But he didn't speak about this vibe that he felt instead he stayed quiet listening to her voice, breathing in the scent of her that blew towards him with the evening wind. It was pleasant being so close to someone, especially since his house was still empty aside from him until the end of the week. "I'm sorry," was all he managed in reply to her admission. He felt sorry for her almost, it seemed like she was sad, like something was bugging her aside from all of the recent events. A smile lifted to his lips, a regretful one nonetheless of saying he should leave, he didn't want too. He wanted to stay there with her, or bring her with him, but he wouldn't dare offer, or ask again - she might think he was creepy like Marcus.

"Are you alright Reese? I don't know something seems off?" he recalled the locking of their eyes that they had, was she feeling the odd draw to him too? Or was that in his head. "I know we just met, but my house is empty, dirty, but you don't gotta clean it if you're still scared of staying here because of Marcus. We got a lot of beds, a couch even," he didn't want her to think he was trying to bring her home to sleep with her. Not that he would ever say no to it, but he wouldn't just do it for that - especially after all the stuff that had been going on as of late.

She only gave a small nod of her head at his sorry. It wasn't really needed but the words helped a bit. At least there was one man who was willing to apologize. Maybe it was the expression on her face, or the sudden feeling of her messed up life just barely being saved from being made worse, but when he offered her a place to stay, she felt her chest tighten. Was it something she dared to do? To do stay at the house of a complete stranger and risk the anger of her father for not being home when he got there? At the same time though, she felt that if he left, not only would she be more at risk...

She'd feel lonely.

And that was something she could not say about anyone else in her life. Would it really be so bad...Just one night of no father or house or...anything? She was looking down at the ground as she thought about it, observing her cold toes as she tried to think of a responce. She started to bite a knuckle in thought as she weighed the options in her head, her eyes looking up at him once more before she pulled her mouth away from her hand. It was either get beaten when her father came home drunk and then possibly murdered in her sleep...or she could leave and pay the ultimate price of her only family member...

"Can...Can you give me five minutes to pack a bag?" She asked softly, her eyes slightly hopeful.

There was a long pause and for a moment Caspian felt as if he had done something wrong. Instead she just stayed quiet thinking, and it made him feel guiltier as if he had done something wrong offering her some sort of safe haven. The golden hue of his eyes found her face, trying to gauge what exactly was going on in that pretty little head of hers, and instead getting any answers her just stared dumbfounded at the clear turmoil that she was feeling about it. She was even nipping at her hand as she thought, something he assumed was like his twitch of playing with his hair. As of thought of this he had the urge to do it, to run his hand through it, and distract himself but he didn't.

Her words broke the peculiar silence, and his lips pulled up at the sides slowly. There wasn't anything bad in his face, anything wrong, or perverted there, but he was happy she had accepted. Happy that in some way she did trust him, maybe it was the whole saving her twice thing, he wondered.

"Of course, I can wait here," he glanced back out at the street at the sky, "But be warned the place isn't the cleanest, I do normally live with four guys." He wanted to say more explain himself but he didn't, not about the gang, or the fact they had been arrested, or that he had two baggies of weed still stuffed in his pocket. Instead, he shrugged his shoulders, "Long story forget it, but go ahead pack a bag."

Reese was already trotting into her house, a thank you being called out as she darted up the staircase. She didn't think, she just ran into her plain room and looked around. She wouldn't take alot, just enough to be able to sleep comfortably, clean up and change before going back home in the morning. She'd write a note to her father and say she was sleeping at a friends house, he wouldn't think much on who it was and he didn't know any of her friend's numbers either which was for the best. Grabbing a bag, she put some fresh clothing for the next day, pajamas and underwear. Along with that she packed her other items, like shampoo and deoderant. With her bag packed, she slung it over her shoulder.

She then walked over to her desk and wrote down her note on some paper quickly before leaving her room and closing the door behind herself. She walked down the stairs and put her note on the kitchen counter before she slipped into some sandles near the door and stepped out onto the porch once again. Putting her back on she looked up at him and held onto her bag as she stood there before him, shuffling her feet a bit as she made a move to walk down the stairs.

"Alright...I'm ready." She said softly.

Caspian waited there for her. Pulling out another cigarette he lit it, watched the sky and wondered where he'd be now if he hadn't accepted Charlies help. Maybe that's what this was, her accepting his help. By the time she returned he was done his smoke and had stood up pacing slighty. He only stopped when he saw her. It was still shocking she was trusting him. "Alright,"and he smiled as he led the way, "so when we hit Boreo, stick close to me, sometimes it can be a bad are." He glanced at her to make sure she was keeping up and that he wasn't going too fast for her... she was substantially shorter than him.

They tounded to Boreo and he slowed his pace so he could quickly scout it. "Should be ok, stay close," he said quietly before starting again. It was a neutral area where attacks sometimes happened. He was decked out in blue after all.it wasn't much further when out of the area when his house came up. The colored paint choppy, and for a moment he felt ashamed of his home. Then he remembered all he worked for, all his friends had, and brushed it aside. If she was so self centered she cared, then he shouldn't have brought her in the first place.

"So I warned ya,"and he smiled as he pulled out a key and opened the door to let her in first

She only nodded her head a bit at his warning as she walked after him quickly. She was able to keep up rather well, she may have been short but she was relativly quick. She did everything he said, as she wasn't surprised that he was heading into a less than safe neighbourhood for someone like herself. Not once did she stray from him, not until they were right in front of his house. She took her time walking up to the door then, if only to slightly catch her breath. It was a old looking house, chipping a bit of paint here or there...And the yard could have used some work. But otherwise...it was homey.

It certainly felt more welcoming that her house did. She gave a small laugh at his words before she shook her head, entering his house as she looked around at the slight mess. It wasn't exactly pretty, but a little time and elbow grease could fix many of the current issues of the place. Though, it wasn't her job to point these things out, she was a guest and she was just going to respect his space as it was.

"Yes...You warned me...But it's not too bad. At least it looks like people live here." She said softly as she adjusted her glasses and turned to him. "So...Can I just set my stuff somewhere...or is there somewhere you want me?"

Caspian was surprised by her lack of shock. Surprised even further by her sweetness over it all. When he was younger, hell, when he first came to this place, it looked like hell on earth. He liked her, even if he would only know her for a time. A smile came to his lips as she spoke, but his back was to her as he locked the door up, and removed his shoes. "Oh yea, people certainly live here," he chuckled his deep baritone voice filling the room for a time. "Oh yea, just whatever, make yourself at home," he was leaning against a wall as he removed his shoes. From there he went to the fridge. There wasn't a ton in there, scraps of this or that, and no one really cooked, but they got take out, and did their own sandwiches from time to time. It was a peculiar life to most, but to him it was home.

"I don't got much if you are hungry, but if you are thirsty, I got vodka, rum, beer," he glanced over his shoulder at her with a smirk. "You like those frilly drinks right? I got pepsi, or sprite, you could have just that or mix with it, not too frilly, but," he shrugged, pulling out the vodka which was his choice.

Caspian slid a number of scrap papers littered on the floor aside. Really there wasn't anything in the house that she couldn't touch. It was more or less that she shouldn't really stay in anyone else's bed, which is why he intended on taking the couch, and letting her take his bed, but she didn't need to know that. Caspian was happy that his buddies weren't here though for the first time that evening, mainly because they would hit on her, or poke fun at him for not sleeping with her. Remembering his buddies he remembered the weed hidden in his pocket. After pulling out two glasses for them, he got on the counter, and he stashed it on top of the cabinets in a black jar. The jar was hidden by the molding which was a nice little hiding spot.

She set her bag down near the couch in the living room, her shoes having been taken off near the door and placed neatly against the wall. She didn't want to be a bother to him, he was letting her stay the night and get out of her house. In a sense, he was even protecting her from the creepy guy, in case he came right back. She walked over towards the kitchen after she set down her things, following him slowly as she glanced around. This place really was lived in, and certainly by a group of men. It was a mess! But, certainly a mess she would respect. She wasn't being picky, hardly the case, she had only ever known a clean house her whole life though, seeing a real dirty one...it was just so different.

At the mention of alcohol, she looked up at him and smile a small shy smile. She'd like some of that, it would help take off teh edge that had developed when she was frightened over Marcus...and the idea of her father being home. A small laugh left her at the offer of a soda to make a sort of mixed drink, and shook her head a bit before she spoke softly.

"Vodka is fine with me..." She said as she turned to him, only to find him standing on the counter and putting something high up on top of the cabinets. She blinked at first, mostly surprised he had been able to get up their so fast, before she crossed her arms a bit in thought. "Putting something away or do you just enjoy climbing on kitchen counter tops?" She asked, joking mostly as she stood near the doorway.

Caspian was pleased when she had accepted just drinking vodka. It meant a bit less work for him, and the fact that he wouldn't be using as much of the households drinks. The smile on her face warmed him, she seemed to be loosening up nicely. He knew it wasn't quite his presence but maybe the fact that he had been working hard to make her comfortable. Which meant he must have done a good job. A joking comment came from her, and she smirked, shaking his head slightly.

"I just like to make sure your paying attention," he joked back, unsure if she would even be okay with knowing he had drugs. If she stuck around she would learn to know what it all was, maybe even experiment with it – but he didn't foresee that happening, hell he hadn't seen them ever meeting happening again either.

Once he was down off the counter put the cups away, "Fuck it, you good with drinkin' from the bottle, save myself some dishes." He glanced over his shoulder looking towards the already piled high sink, and laughed lightly before heading into the living area. Boy some living area it was, the couch was partially garroted, it's insides sprawled about the room. Caspian intentionally took the half that was defluffed. Uncapping the full bottle, he lifted it to his lips taking in a number of gulps, before holding it out towards her.

"Well, television it is?" he glanced towards her his eyes lingering only for a moment on her lips.

"It's nothing I haven't done before..." She said when he asked about drinking from the bottle.

More than once in her life she had sipped liquor from the main bottle instead of a glass. It was easier to hide the fact that she was drinking behind her father's back when there was no glass in the drainer and he was ususally so smashed when he got home, that a sip or two from a bottle of rum hardly went noticed. He'd usually make a larger dent in it when ever he got home anyway, hiding her evidence completely. She walked with him into the living room, glancing around the area a bit more this time as he took a seat on his rather messed up couch. She also sat, close enough to at least pass the bottle back and forth.

She watched him drink first before she was given the bottle, her hands wrapping around it as she took it into her grasp. She took a few swigs of her own, her lips touching the rim gently before she knocked back the bottle for a large glup. Pulling back, she shook her head roughly as it burned down her throat, a hand darting up to cover her mouth and nose as a painful burp followed.

"Ow...yeah...TV is fine." She said weakly before she held out the bottle to him. "Wow...That stuff hurts." She said as she looked at the bottle as she continued to offering up to him.