The world we live in,Hell (Walking dead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alessa's face grew red at the question. She was not prepared for it. "Oh, ha, um, the admire thing? Uh, yeah, I." She let out a nervous cough to clear her throat and responded sarcastically with a hint of nervousness. "Psh, ha, what you've never had someone admire you?" That wasn't right, now she sounded like an idiot. She felt her face getting hotter, she had hoped Ghost wasn't looking at her. " I mean it's good to be admired sometimes." Alessa kept telling herself to shut up, the more she tried to convince herself, the more she sounded like an idiot. She tried to distract herself getting in her bag, just to buy her some time. Without realizing it, she had not been watching where she was going and had tripped on some rubbish on the ground.

Ghost looked at her uneasiness. Noticing that she fell he stopped and raised his weapon a bit. "Are you infected?" he asked her backing up a bit. "Alessa. What's wrong?"

Reactions: MonarchFrost
"Ouch!" She said aloud whilst picking herself up. Ghost backed up "Are you infected?" "Alessa. What's wrong?" She gave him a weird look before realizing he'd actually remembered her name. "Infected? What? Have you never seen a woman get nervous before?" She said sarcastically. "Calm down Ghost, I'm fine, just lost my footing." She laughed at his remark. Maybe she did admire him? Why else would the question make her so nervous? Why did he make her so nervous?

Once she got up and wiped herself off she smiled at Ghost letting him know they could continue. "There's nothing wrong with admiring someone, hah." She said quietly to him before moving on to a different subject.

"As for earlier, it was the walker... I just..." She frowned. She had shared with Ghost some things about her brother, what he meant to her, and what had happened. "I can't help but feel responsible, even now. I just can't help it, there's a reason I chose a bow instead of something close ranged, when they touch me, I just... I lose all control of my senses. I know I shouldn't, but I get scared." As she was waiting for Ghost's response she realized he was the first person she'd openly shared that with. She had high hopes he'd understand, and hoped he wouldn't see her as weak.

Roaming about the house, twirling his sledgehammer about, he came across more and more junk. The poor condition of the house, the lack of lootable goods and their overall situation put him even more on edge. Then, he heard Melanie call out to him. "A tree? Why the f**k would I punch a tree?" He snapped back before realizing she had already gone. "How about I just smash one of the new guys into a stain. That would be much more enjoyable." He said loud enough for it to echo through the house. He gripped his sledgehammer with both hands and held it in front of him. His body tense and shaking. He was just hoping to unload on something or someone. Loosening up he walked stiff legged down a small hallway and stopped after passing a rather rickety bookshelf. Slowly turning around to examine the books, he picked one up and read aloud, "A hundred and one ways to cook a thanksgiving turkey." Chuckling, he dropped the book and grabbed hold of the shelf. Lifting it up off the ground, he threw it against the wall with a yell and proceeded to stomp the still attached pieces until it was little more than debris. He noticed a new hole he had just put into the wall that connected to the adjoining room and took pleasure in putting his boot through it a few times before throwing his sledgehammer across the house an dropping to his knees. He was so full of anger he could hardly stand it. He was angry before but after the apocalypse, it just increased tenfold. Rex could lose it at the drop of a hat now.

Ghost sighed being glad that she wasn't sick. He lowered his gun to his side and looked around the trees. "You need to stop blaming yourself. I'm only gonna say this one more time. Let go of the past. Move on. We've all lost somebody special. Even me..." Ghost ended the sentence in a low voice.

He looked around and then looked at Alessa.
"We're done talking about this"

Reactions: MonarchFrost
Alessa was dumbfounded. He was right, everyone lost someone in this god forsaken place. She should've known he too might've lost someone. She nodded. She didn't want to intrude more than she already had. She liked this, it had been a while since she spent one on one time with someone. She noticed Ghost looking at her, she gave a cheesy smile. "It's pretty nice out considering the circumstances." She brushed her hair behind her ear. The curiosity was pulling at her very soul. She may have very well admired him, but she couldn't out right tell him that... It had gotten to the point where she didn't want to stop talking, because she didn't have to worry about the whole world right now. She was just having a conversation. "Wish I had a big coat like that, my sweater is a little less than...fitting." She laughed.

She quickly snapped back to reality when she heard a noise in the distance. Her eyes scanned the forest to where the noise was coming from. She got down on one knee and pulled back an arrow. She fired it off just to the right of them and heard a thunk. She stood up and looked at Ghost's puzzled face. "C'mon." She smiled as she motioned him to follow. She knew exactly what she aimed at, and wasn't the slightest bit frightened.

Caly, who had been resting her hurt leg and sitting inside in the quiet was jolted out of her small doze at the loud banging and swearing made by the scary guy Rex. She stood as a headache started to form in sync with the throbbing pain in her leg. She followed the rex guy quietly, her anger growing in her mind at each loud noise he made. She watched him ad he threw the huge hammer and dropped to his knees.

She knew she was extremely out of place to approach him and knew he could kill her and none of the others knew her well enough to care. But she could tell there was something wrong and wanted to see if he was okay. She bit her lip as she moved quietly behind rex "umm are you okay? Uhhh rex?" she gently tapped his shoulder praying to god she hadnt startled this scary and obviously inraged man.

Rex tensed under the touch of Caly and the sound of an unfamiliar voice. Clenching his fists, his mind raced. He thought about killing her. Who would care right? They didn't know her from a hole in the ground. She was hurt anyways. Not much use in Rex's mind. He could just kill her. Beat her to death and just say she attacked him. He could say he was just defending himself. People went crazy in the apocalypse all of the time. Then it hit him. A rush of nausea at the thoughts he had just harbored took all of the color from his face and left him feeling cold. A kind of cold you couldn't warm with any amount of heat. When did he slip so far? Rex cleared his throat and fought back the urge to puke. Half-choking on his words he said, "Uhh yeah. I'm fine. Just don't like cookbooks, you know? Plus the shelf was an eye sore. But uhh thanks for checking on me.. Caly right?" His half assed excuse was no where near believable but he knew there was no way to cover up what he had just done. He stood up slowly and looked at Caly with a pale face and blood shot eyes. Forcing a smile, he patted her on the shoulder and squeezed around her to retrieve his sledgehammer. Trying to distract himself, he asked, "So uhh, What happened to your leg?"

Caly had tensed immediatly after she spoke, feeling a bit of fear as she thought he was going to just end her right then and there. Though the thought scared her, she didnt mind it that much. Death would almost be a blessing in this world, but she wasnt a quitter like her mother had been. The thought of taking her own life or dying without a fight disgusted her.
She watched him stand and examined him with her piercing blue gaze, something was obviously off with him. She thought he looked terribly pale and a little unstable "ya its caly... well i never enjoyed the tv but i dont know if i'd smash one" she meant it to sound a bit friendly and joking but she didnt have a joking tone left in her from this apocalypse. She tensed at the question about her leg and looked down at it "nothing really important" she lowered her voice and mumbled to herself almost in audibly "not like its even a leg"

Taking her tone as a serious one he sighed and dropped his head. "I'm not really in the mood for smartass remarks." He said as he strapped his sledgehammer back to his pack. At this point, he took the time to examine her and the handicap she had been given in the worst possible scenario. At the next comment he was taken aback. Was she hiding something from him? Or was he just paranoid? "What the f**k do you mean it's not a leg? It doesn't really resemble an arm." Something he should have said in a joking tone but came out painfully serious. His eyebrow was cocked and his head at a slight angle. "You're not bitten... Right?" He said with a tone of concern.

Ghost walked forward with Alessa, stepping on the tall grass. He looked at what Alessa had hit. It wasn't a walker. It was a deer and her shot was so accurate that the deer had immediatly fallen over. She was a precise shooter with the bow.

Ghost walked in front of the deer body and crouched in front of it. "Hm. Looks like you got us dinner for the night. Let's take it back to camp" he said to her. Grabbing the back legs of the deer, he hooked his M4 on his vest and grabbed the legs. "This might take awhile. Help me out."

Melanie heard the commotion of the bookcase and came running, only to see Rex letting out his frustration on an undeserving wall. She was just glad it hadn't been a rogue walker in the cabin. She was about to say something, but the noise seemed to have also alerted Caly, and Melanie moved out of her way as she came through the hall toward Rex.

Melanie turned and made her way up the stairs, hoping to find someone up there to be near while she tried to get some much needed rest for the night. Her stomach was just about in knots from hunger. When was the last time she'd eaten? That cereal, she remembered. She didn't have her back pack, and there was nothing but a handful of bullets in her jacket pockets. She hoped that when they went to fetch water for the group in the morning, they could maybe do a little hunting on the side. She hadn't had meat in so long... She'd take just about anything at this point. Rabbit. Deer. Squirrel. Didn't matter. She was hungry, and a little bit of cereal wasn't cutting it.

For now, though, sleep fogged the edges of her mind, and Melanie found a room in the back of the small hall with a bed to sleep in.

A bed, she thought with a smile. It had been a while since she'd slept on anything but the ground or the floor, either.

Though, she was alone, she decided she would relish the moment and hopped onto the bed with a childlike grin. Disturbed dust entered her nostrils, and she sneezed a few times as quietly as she could muster. It was an assault to the senses, most definitely, but at least it was something soft to sleep on.

Reactions: GhostJoker
She winced as she realized her tone had not come off as she had intended it to. Feeling a bit guilty for how she had sounded. She ran a hand threw her blond curls as she met his gaze with a emotionless look that was practiced and very well devoloped. She bit her lip again, a bad nervous habit of hers as she watched him grab the hammer. That weapon made her extremely edgy in his hands, the sheer power of it in his hands intimidated her. Able to imagine how easy it could crush her bones.
"No im not bitten" she couldnt help but snap, her tone obviously offended as she heard the concern in his voice. She knew he wasnt someone she should dare talk to like that since he didnt need her alive. She sat down and leaned against the wall a look of angry and bitter determination on her pretty features
"If you really must know, i dont even have a leg. Oh yep you found it out, we have a cripple, a handicap" she pulled up the leg of her pants which revealed a metal, rusty prostetic leg that went all the way up to her upper thigh where the rusty and sharp metal dug into the flesh, bandages were wrapped around the area but patches of blood had seeped threw the fabric "isnt this just great? The best thing i could have for this f*cking hell hole were in" her cheeks were pink from embarassment and shame at her injury.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Rex put his hands up and smirked. "Alright, alright. Calm down. I'm not going to kill you." He said in his best reassuring tone. Rex then gave a look of shock and amusement at the sight of her prosthetic. "Holy shit! You're a f**king pirate!" He said not so gracefully as he quickly plopped down beside her. His expression making a complete turn around as he stared in awe at her missing limb. "That's badass. If I had one of those things, I'd pull it off and beat the shit out of walkers." He said with a tone of excitement in his voice. He absentmindedly began touching the prosthetic and rubbing his fingers at the bits of rust. Making his way to the top, he felt the blood on his finger tips and the soft flesh of her thigh. He jerked his hand back and laughed. "Sorry about that. Wasn't trying to feel you up." He continued prodding at it and shaking it here an there to test it's strength. "Man, if I had some sandpaper and a few tools I could make this baby strong as a tree trunk." He proudly announced. It sounded as if he was really trying to help her out but in actuality he was more excited with the prospect of making a badass prosthetic.

She scowled at his smirk, looking unamused by his joking tone of not gonna kill her. She thought this guy had enough anger to do just that but you was she to judge him? She didnt even know him enough to make assumptions. She blinked in surprise at his initial reaction, eyebrow arching "did you seriously use the pirate title on me?" She looked a bit more amused now at the comment instead of some crazy mean reaction she had expected "i bet it would be fun to hit a walker with it. Someone beat me with it one" she scowled at the memory and pushed it away, refocusing her attention.
She watched him touch the metal "ive had it for a long time, got attacked by a black bear on a family camping trip, i was lucky i suppose that i lived without any other terrible sca- oww" she made a move to smack his hand away as he touched the tender and sore flesh on her thigh.
She felt a bit awkward but brushed it away and watched him poke the metal like a curious child finding a new toy. She rolled her eyes at his last remark, smiling faintly "oh darn. If only you had one of your own to play with"

Rex felt his energy building, an energy he hadn't felt in a while. It was distractions like this that kept him from going over the deep end and kept his anger in check. Stifling laughter he said, "Someone beat your ass with your own leg?" Unable to hold it back he burst into laughter as the tears welled up in his eyes. Grabbing at his stomach as it tightened he wiped the tears away and laid back against the wall. "Bear, huh? Sounds pretty intense." He said before jerking up his shirt and showing off a large scar of his own. It was deep and spread from the top of his right shoulder and down past his waist to his left thigh. He smiled grimly as his jaw clenched at the memory. He hated one person more than anyone else in this world. "It doesn't have a cool story though. No bears or any sort of animal for that matter." He paused a second and thought f**k it, why shouldn't he tell her? "It was my daddy. Made him mad when I was younger, hit me with his favorite ax. Hell, he even had a name for the damn thing. Called it Cletus." He laughed as he recalled the name. "He was a mean son of a bitch.. But hell, I guess he did teach me respect." He said as his hands trailed the scar. Snapping out of it, he looked back with a smile. Yanking up his pant leg he yelled, "Hell yeah! Cut me off at the knee, baby!!" He gave a toothy smile as he ran his hand through his hair. Bumping her with his shoulder he added, "You're not too bad."

She couldnt help but start to giggle which then escalated into a laugh with him as she told him about getting hit with her own leg. It felt goo to laugh, refreshing. A good old familiar feeling. Her laughter died in her throat at the sight of his scar "holy shit, now that is a very impressive cut" she said staring at it curiously and grimly as she listened to his story.
She winced "oh my god. Im sorry you had to go threw that" she sounded sincere, thinking that story sounded horrific "jesus christ that sounds just terrible, i mean ive had my fair share of horrific daddy problems but i dont think mine were that bad" she figured he didnt care or want her sympathy so
She snapped out of the sympathetic state and grinned as he pulled up his pant leg "if you think you can handle the pain tough guy" she patted his leg jokingly as he nudged shoulders "well im glad you dont think im a lunatic after my earlier crazy rambling"

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Rex just kept smiling at her. It felt kind of good to talk about things. He wasn't planning on making a habit out of it but it was nice. He rubbed at his face and chuckled. "Ehh.. It could have been worse. I was pretty quick when I was younger and dodged most of the cut. That old fuck could swing pretty fast so he got a good bite out of me." He imagined what it would have been like if his dad had still been alive. How well he could have survived out here with zero sympathy for anyone. No remorse. Could kill without hesitation. Rex had killed his fair share of the living but his dad would have killed just to be killing. "Psh! Handle the pain?? Easy! I'll do it myself. With my sledgehammer." He said as he gave a her an intensely sarcastic look that involved scrunching his nose and making his eyes wide. He was successfully distracted and defused for the time being. He had been lucky to have Caly to talk to. If not, the risk to himself and the others would have been great. "Nah. Don't worry about it. Just don't say anything stupid and we'll be thick as thieves." He said as he draped an arm over her shoulders.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
"Well good thing you didnt get the idea to cut off your own leg back then. You wouldnt of made the dodge. Surprising as it may sound i cannot run as fast as i used to with this hunk of metal attached to me" she said in a fake surprised voice "i mean you think i'd be faster than the road runner now that im half robot but alas, im slower" she jokingly sighed wistfully. She enjoyed this talk, it made her feel calmer and a bit safer though that didnt mean her guard was gonna go down, being crippled had always made her extra wary. She knew she needed to be alert all the time if she wanted to stay alive and dodge danger with her condition.
She laughed again at his comment "maybe i should turned the bottom half of my leg into a sledgehammer and you can just swing me around. It'd be great teamwork building skills" she teased, grinning in an easy going way and giggling at her own joke. Amused at the image she had put in her own head.
Her laugh was cut short when he draped his arm around her, causing her to tense and jerk forward a bit which made the prosthetic dig into her flesh deeper. She gave a frustrated groan of pain and leaned back against the wall and Rex's arm. Rubbing her thigh and wincing.

Alessa smiled and let out a small squeal at the praise. Her face grew red once more "What the hell was that?" She thought to herself. She remembered him saying "This might take awhile. Help me out." She walked over and grabbed the deer leg and started walking alongside Ghost. "It's been so long since I've cooked something, but I use to eat and prepare deer when I was younger. I'll cook since everyone is probably sleeping." She smiled. She wondered why she was smiling so much, she hadn't had a real smile in so very long, and here she was now just handing them out like candy on Halloween. Halloween, she thought to herself, it's probably not far passed or before it, she looked at the leaves on the trees then back to Ghost. They had been silent for a while, she realized Ghost wasn't a major talker, she highly respected that and didn't say too much, she had also wondered if he enjoyed his company with her. How far from the house did they walk? It was getting colder outside and the sweater was so worn and ripped it wasn't doing it's job at this point, she accidentally let out a shiver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.