The world we live in,Hell (Walking dead)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghost nodded and watched on as she ran off. "Be careful" he whispered. As everybody was getting the job done, Ghost tried sitting down. He looked around the room and began tapping his foot. He wasn't used to the quietness anymore. He began getting anxious and got up walking around the room.

Letting out a sigh, he picked up his gun and headed to the entrance of the cabin. Outside he leaned against the walls of the cabin, looking up at the night sky staring at the moon. He was tired, but didn't want to sleep. Even if everything seemed calm, to him it was dangerous. He was always on edge and ready for anything. He wanted everyone safe.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Alessa sank to the ground once she was alone. Her mind filled with unanswered questions, and endless thoughts. She didn't mean to get angry earlier, but she too was on edge. She was attacked, and she was scared. Since she was the way she was, she felt like no one could help make her feel secure. "I want you gone by morning." Ghost's words repeated in her head. Did he really feel like she was that much of a burden just then? She Let out a deep sigh, and got up.

As soon as she did this Ghost walked out to the opposite side of the cabin. "Of course it's the man of the hour!" She said under her breath. Even if she was mad at him, she had to learn to work with him. She was hesitant at first, but she slowly walked over and peeked around the corner. She realized he'd been looking at the sky. She cleared her throat. "Ghost...? Look, I know you are a bit unhappy with me, but Melanie has given word we will be heading out in two's to patrol and I know I'll have to take the next... I don't nearly know anyone else enough to ask them to go with..." She said this very softly. She felt embarrassed about before. The whole admire thing, why would she be so stupid, he already probably thought the worst of her, and then to go and say that... She looked around the forest line scanning it before putting her attention back on Ghost. "Please?... If I knew anyone else I wouldn't have bothered you..." She said with her head down, even when odds were he would say no, it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Ghost continues looking at the night sky and glances over at Alessa. "Get over it" he said in an irritated tone. He grabbed his gun and walked by her before stopping. "If you're still letting that argument bother you then you're still attached to the past. Move on.

Ghost continued walking forward and about to turn the corner. "I'll be patroling with you." he says before completely walking away.

Melanie introduced herself to Colette, then went through each member of the group, pointing with each name said and keeping her voice low. She turned back to Colette, shaking her head. "You know...if it weren't for you warning us about all those walkers, we might not have made it this far. Thank you." Her smile widened. "Thank you so much."

Colette blushed, not expecting to be thanked for what she had done, and not expecting to meet such a kind soul in this new world. "No, no, I didn't do anything really. Your group seems tough... You probably could have handled it without my help..."

She looked back over her shoulder at the cabin and then looked at Colette. "I guess it's a good of a place as any. Most of us haven't slept in days. We probably should try to rest here, if we can. Will you be joining us?" she added, biting her lip and giving her a hopeful look.

Joining them? Colette didn't have to think for long. They had already made it pretty clear they weren't going to hurt her, and this girl seemed very nice. "Yes!" Colette spoke suddenly, afraid the girl would change her mind about inviting her to join them before she could answer. "I mean... Yes, I would very much like that, if it's okay." She thought about what she had to offer to the group, in order to prove to them she was worth saving in times she needed to be saved. "I- I can make traps for walkers as well as traps for animals, and I have a few books on making homemade batteries and radios and stuff, and I'm pretty good at it... I also know a lot of survival skills too..." She trailed off, running out of things to add. She had weaknesses, of course, but didn't feel as though it would be smart to share them at this moment.

Colette followed Melanie, who talked to the man name Reese, suggesting they set up for the night. He agreed, volunteering to take the first watch.

"We need a water source. Obvious but we're going to need to boil water for drinking and cooking meals which don't taste like utter shit. We need a secure building, with defenses such as nail boards. Walkers will step over anything. If we take it in turns to scavenge, it could get us some work done, too," Reese added.

"I could help with the water. I've found a few streams around here, and if it looks like I'll be safe for the night, I boil the water over a fire. I've done it a couple of times, but usually I rely on the dew and condensation from the plants in the morning, because they don't need to be purified, and it's surprisingly easy to collect."

She continued to follow Melanie, who circled the cabin, running into the girl she had earlier introduced as.... Colette had forgot her name. The girl brushed past them, claiming the first watch as hers. Colette said nothing, and entered the door into the cabin. She turned her flashlight on, and moved slowly, still scared of what might be inside. She didn't find much in the first bedroom, other than a simple mattress. She checked the closet, and found nothing. Once she was sure she was safe, she took out her homemade battery from her backpack, as well as the Hello Kitty lantern she had found one day that hung on the side. She quickly wired the battery up to the kid's toy, and turned it on. The room was flooded with a warm yellow-orange glow, and Colette was once again filled with hope. Being in the forest was a good thing, as it was hard for large groups of walkers to clump together with all the trees and bushes, and she felt very much in her element her. She was also with a group a people who weren't trying to kill her, and the cabin she was currently in seemed uninhabited. She listened as the muffled voices of her group echoed on the walls, reminding her that there was still some life left. She took out her tiny blanket, realizing now the number of child's items she had was at an all time high. She set it on the bed, turning the lamp of, figuring she should find someone to talk to about these "watches".

After wandering around a bit more in the dark, she finally came across some others from the group. One of them was the girl whose name she could not remember, talking softly to the man named 'Ghost'. That was much easier to remember, and he himself was hard to forget. "Um... Pardon me," Colette called out in a hushed tone, "I would like to lay down and rest, but I was wondering if you all would like me to take a watch later on. If so, I'll be in the bedroom down that hall and to the left." She pointed, wondering if they could even see her point in the dark. "I can also help boil some water if any of you find some to boil... Or I could help build some enforcement.... Whatever you need me to do, really." She looked at them, hoping they wouldn't ask her to go out by herself for anything. While she was experienced with doing that, she still hated it.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Alessa frowned as he walked away. Being nice goes a long they say, funny how she felt different. She was frustrated because she couldn't figure out why she even cared. Most people would treat her like utter shit and she would pass it off as a compliment most times, so why couldn't she just do the same with this guy? Was it because he rescued her? She got mad at herself. "Alessa, stop acting like such a friggin' girl! You're better than that!" She said annoyed.

She bit her lip and looked at the sky. Why couldn't life be simple enough? Or at least the way it use to be?

She closed her eyes to be brought back to before this hell began. The morning of the very day itself.

"Why do you make it look so easy! Can't be since you got a ticket last week!" Thomas laughed. "I only got that ticket because you decided it was a good idea to hang out the friggin window!" Alessa said playfully annoyed. "Alright kid, get in there, I've let you skip the last two days to game, but I have to be evil and make you go to school." She smiled at Thomas and motioned him to get going. "Okay, well don't forget I'm staying really late to catch the homecoming game with Shawn, pick me up tonight?" Alessa rolled her eyes and looked at her phone. "Yeah, okay, seriously though, it better not run too late. Love ya kid." She waved at his cheesy smile back.

That was that last time she spoke to him, when he was alive. Before she let that, thing, kill her brother.

Alessa opened her eyes. Same damn place she tried to forget. She kicked the step out of frustration. So many questions, what did she ever do to be treated that way? Why did it have to be this way? All things she herself couldn't answer. Alessa fell to the ground and curled her knees to her chest. She knew how complicated the world had become, she didn't need someone telling her that like she was a child doing something wrong. It's been a very long time since she's encountered people. It was hard, she forgot how to talk to them properly, or be polite. She didn't mean to be that way, it just came as natural now. She wanted to apologize to Ghost, but with the way he probably saw her now, she didn't know how. As for Melanie, she was gone patrolling. Alessa was alone.

• Love
Reactions: GhostJoker
Rewel was sure not to look Melanie in the eye, and kept walking steadily as his pupils were unsteadily shaking in place. The blood on that seat.. all that blood... so much blood... Rewel suddenly kicks the ground, sending dirt spraying into the air before smashing his fist into a tree, breathing heavily as his mind evilly whirred against him.
"Dammit!"
Rewel shook his head as if a fly were buzzing irritably inside his brain, and his thoughts now focused onto an excuse which wouldn't make him look totally insane as he stands up normally.
"I'm fine. I'm just homesick and missing relatives. All this shit gets to me sometimes, but I'm fine now. Let's move." He mutters, feeling the pain in his fist from where he hit the tree now as he scratches under his chin, tucking unkempt jet black hair under his hoodie somewhat shamefully after his uncontrollable display. Why did blood always make him tick like that if he stared at it so long? Rewel was unaware of his problems, and was clueless why he just felt... he just felt he wanted to see more and more blood the longer he stared at it, so he essentially had to fight against his own mind. Rewel looked down at the ground as he walked. Was he a danger? He was in prison in the past for a reason, and now his mind was whispering to him that he should have stayed there, and starved to death.

Wafting the thoughts away from his mind, Rewel hung on to the one collection of thoughts that kept him concentrated and alert: survival. Now that the girl had claimed she knew where spots of water were, and that she could purify it, that was one thing which was perfect to know, and water collection could start tomorrow.
"Look, sorry about that earlier. Like I said, I'm just missing people. Never saw any of my relatives or friends since the start of the apocalypse. Gets to me sometimes." Rewel lies as what he saw was a suitable excuse for his actions; he couldn't tell the truth otherwise he'd most likely get shot on the spot like a walker.
"Now that we have that girl purifying water, it's just up to us to scout out walkers, the area and such. But keep a low profile. The forest is a popular spot for bandit camps. Run into one, and who knows what'll happen. A friend told me a live human can be more dangerous than the dead." Rewel stops momentarily. They weren't just the dead... they were...
"The walking dead." Rewel says slowly, and stops in thought for a moment before continuing on to a slow pace.

After about an hour she got up, Alessa almost forgot it had still been sprinkling a bit, she started to get cold as the wetness on her tank top gathered. She scrounged around in her bag and found her old tattered sweater, it wasn't much, literally, but it did keep her some what warm. She got up and walked back over to the door and peaked in, even when her eyes were adjusted it was pitch dark in there. She went through her bag once more, and found her lighter. It probably didn't have much fluid in it, but it should've had enough for her to make a small fire for the others. She wasn't sure at how much attention that would draw to them...

She walked through the door, and squinted her eyes. She was desperately trying to focus her eyes in all the darkness. Eventually she lit up her lighter to find a young girl eying an old car seat, Alessa frowned, it must be a terrifying sight... She quickly walked over and grabbed the seat and moved it elsewhere. She knelt down "Is that better... Emma, right?" She gave a hopeful smile. Once she got up she patiently waited inside the doorway for Melanie's return.

Melanie could never understand why men felt the need to punch something when they were upset, perhaps because of lower testosterone or the extra x chromosome, but this did not mean she could not sympathize. She understood that the world of men and women were too different things (which is probably why she could deal with Drake, Rex, and Ghost for so long without losing her mind), and that men sometimes just needed to...punch something.

So, Melanie stepped back as Reese threw his fist into a nearby tree and waited quietly for him to recover enough to speak first. "I'm fine," he said after a beat. "I'm just homesick and missing relatives. All this shit gets to me sometimes, but I'm fine now. Let's move."

They continued on, walking and weaving quietly between trees, watching for any signs of danger. Melanie finally decided to break the ice. "I miss my family, too," she whispered, glancing over at Reese with a small smile. "My dad was an ass, but he loved us - me and my brother, I mean. He worked every day from four in the morning until seven in the evening; rarely had days off." Her head dropped for a moment as the memories returned as clearly as though they'd happened yesterday. "My dad came home from work early the day everything happened. He was sick, so they sent him home. He fell asleep in his usual spot on the couch, watching TV, and when he woke up...he was one of them," she said. "He got bit. Never said a word. Just went to sleep and woke up dead." She sighed quietly, continuing in a softer tone. "He came at me, and I freaked. I ran to my brother's room and locked the door. My brother didn't know what was going on. We escaped out the window and dropped to the ground, but my brother got ambushed by three of 'em. They tore him to pieces..." Melanie stopped there, feeling her emotions rise to the surface. She fought them back, faintly thinking of Reese's fist going into the tree. Perhaps what she needed was to punch a tree, too?

She smirked at the thought and shook her head, clearing the memories and feelings away to focus on the task at hand.

"Look, sorry about that earlier. Like I said, I'm just missing people. Never saw any of my relatives or friends since the start of the apocalypse. Gets to me sometimes," Reese said. He then changed the subject, which Melanie was thankful for. "Now that we have that girl purifying water, it's just up to us to scout out walkers, the area and such. But keep a low profile. The forest is a popular spot for bandit camps. Run into one, and who knows what'll happen. A friend told me a live human can be more dangerous than the dead." He stopped suddenly. Melanie turned, tilting her head to the side, as he added slowly, "The walking dead."

Chills came over Melanie as he said this. It wasn't just the words - it was the tone in which he'd said it. They continued forward.

"How long do you think it's been?" she asked. "You know, since everything happened." She looked up to see if the moon could be seen from above, but all she saw was a thick canopy of bare tree limbs and a spec of starlight here and there. "Do you think we should head back so someone can take second watch?"

Rewel listens to Melanie's story about her family with distracted eyes, although his pupils slowly focus on what she was saying, and they almost guiltily look down at the floor once she was finished. Without much to say in reply, with no stories to share about his own relatives dying because they were dead long before the apocalypse started... apart from his sister, but Rewel never even saw his little sister once. She was one inevitably dead now. Rewel continued to walk and twiddle with the scope of his rifle, the light grey in his eyes twinkling sadness in the white light of the moon that slipped through the trees for a second, but soon darkness shrouded his eyes again as he was silent in his slow footsteps.

Rewel looks up again at the girl's next question, and Rewel had no idea of any sense of time since the day he escaped... and all this started. Jesus... the escape... why did that even have to...
"No idea. But I haven't had a haircut since the day all this started." Rewel says, pulling down his hoodie a little to reveal a large mass of long and unkempt jet black hair. He takes a few strands in his fingers as if looking for a rough guide, or using it as the most improvised watch ever.
"Maybe six months... a year..." He mutters as his eyes look into the strands of his hair which flowed to the bottom of his neck, maybe even further. He pulls up his hoodie again, tucking his hair back inside. He had no idea when it all started... and come to think of it, the prison he used to be in didn't really do haircuts. But he wouldn't say that.
"Huh? Head back? Yeah... I'd say it's been a while." Rewel said, standing by Melanie as he too looked for the moon, but to no prevail as all he could see was leaves.

Rewel is silent for a moment, then opens his mouth to speak.

"I always wanted to say to my little sister... 'Look at the full moon tonight. Isn't it beautiful?'" Rewel mutters hollowly, and this was true. He had a sister out there, somewhere, who probably hated him for what he did. Who was probably dead a long time ago. Rewel had never had any contact with her since he entered prison. Rewel knew he should have been separated from her... in the prison he was a monster awaiting release.
"And that's when... you start to regret... not ever seeing their face..." Rewel says inbetween struggled pauses as genuine pangs of sorrow started to attack him. He is still as any other tree in the darkened forest for a few seconds which seemed like minutes of thought and regret to him, then Rewel turns back.
"...Let's head back. I'm actually... tired for once..." Rewel says near a whisper, his grip on his rifle loose and half-hearted.

Rex sat on the steps leading into the back door with his head laid against his knees. He groaned for a moment before hearing the footsteps inside. Everyone had apparently made it inside while he was waiting for them. He must have zoned out again. It was like something didn't tell him to react when he needed to. Like with most things, it did an excellent job of pissing him off. Standing up, he quickly opened the door and stepped inside. Slamming the door behind him, he began walking all about, knocking anything off of their respective shelves and calling them out by their usefulness. "Junk, Junk, shit, junk, junk, shit... F**king shit. Useless, don't need it, not worth carrying." He had successfully made a mess with the scraps of supplies laying around before letting out a frustrated sigh and pulled at his bloody hair.

"This place is shit. It has a hell of a draft, the walls are dry rotted, the stairs could give out at any moment, the doors are flimsy and the windows are single paned. We're f**ked if someone or something happens along so everybody shut the f**k up." He commanded in a way that let on that he didn't plan on being quiet but he expected everyone else to. He continued his scrounging and examination of all of the faulty components of the cabin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alessa turned around to the group, then turned back to see something at the treeline. She squinted her eyes. It was Melanie. She walked up to her with a warm smile. "So I guess it's my turn huh? I'll go get Ghost, you look like shit, get some rest." She laughed then turned her attention to Rewel. " Thanks for the save back there by the way." She nodded at him and turned to find Ghost.

After a good amount of squinting, she finally found him, by himself as always. She started checking her revolver and bow. "Ghost, Mel just got back. Are you ready to go?" She looked up at him. She felt a little better after taking some time to herself. Maybe now she could actually feel at ease instead of the constant tension she's felt all night.

Ghost was messing with the ammo from his M4. He was checking how many bullets until Alessa arrived to tell him that their turn was next. He fit the ammo into the gun and reloaded it before gripping it. "Let's move" he said walking by her.

Alessa rolled her eyes, and put her revolvers on her sides. She gave Melanie a sarcastic halfhearted smile on her way out. "Be safe." It was still chilly but she jogged to Ghost, which to her amazement, had waited for her to catch up. While walking, she looked around. It had been a while since she had walked in a quiet place. She finally looked at Ghost then to the ground."Hey, look, I'm sorry about before, it was worse then I intended it to be." She sighed. He started to speak "You don't-" "Can you just let me finish, then you can spout all about how to stop dwelling on the past. I'm being nice and saying sorry for what I did. The least you could do is hear it and just accept it." She interrupted. "So, yeah, I'm sorry."

Some time had gone by when Alessa felt a little parched. They hadn't been walking for awfully too long, but she hadn't had a drink the whole day. She reached in her bag and pulled out her last bottle of water. She stopped and thought before taking a sip. She held it at Ghost. "Want some? It's yummy, I promise." She said as she shook the bottle from side to side.

Reactions: GhostJoker
Ghost was quiet the entire time. He looked forward and didn't really pay much attention to Alessa. He glanced at the bottle and could hear the water shaking from side to side in it. "I'll have some later" he said to her. He really coulden't drink or eat anything without removing his mask and he was not planning on doing it. Atleast, not in front of Alessa

• Love
Alessa dropped her arm that held the bottle and sighed. "What? Does that mask give you that much of a hassle?" She laughed at him.

Ghost heard her sarcastic comment and let out a chuckle. "Heh. Believe it or not, it sometimes is" he said to her. He looked around the trees, shining a flashlight around some bushes

Alessa was surprised to hear him laugh, but she enjoyed it. She was watching the horizon in front of them when she felt the need to prolong the conversation. "So if you don't mind me asking, what's up with that thing? I haven't seen you take it off yet. Must be like a sauna in there, right?" She questioned. She was very curious as to how long he'd had it on. She even was quick to ask herself if he'd even eaten or drank anything at all today. She also wondered, again, why she was curious about this sort of stuff. She looked back at ghost and awaited a response.

Ghost really disliked when people asked about the mask. He was quiet for a bit and then let out a sigh. "I'm used to it. It marks the start of a new me. A new life...a new face. I haven't removed it in two days as I haven't had the time" he explained to her. Ghost was the quiet one, but for some reason was willing to answer her. He even had questions himself. "Why did you look so down before? What did you mean by that "Admire" comment"

• Love
Rewel nods back to the girl who thanked him for shooting the walker earlier plainly as he re-enters the house, as quiet as anything as he watched the two new patrollers go outside. Rewel watches with an emotionless stare for a moment, then walks further into the house, slumping on a stray but plain wooden chair as he shrugged the pack off his shoulders. Still enough duct tape to keep him going. Medical supplies were good, and his other various tools such as his hacksaw, lighter, hammer and pliers were still pristine, along with all the other assorted items in his pack that would rarely serve a use. Zipping back up the pack and putting it to the side of the chair he sat groggily on, Rewel thought back to what he said earlier on patrol.

He never saw his sister. Ever. Could he even remember her face? Rewel puts a face in his palm and drags it down his face as if to refresh his mind, but the thought still remained in his mind. Why couldn't he remember her face? Rewel knew his parents died early for a reason he never found out, but... God... he never even remembered or even could recall seeing what his parents looked like. Why couldn't he remember? Why couldn't he... why was all that he did remember the things that he regretted doing? The things that reminded him why he was in that prison and so highly contained?

Rewel couldn't sleep; couldn't even possess the ability to become tired anymore with thoughts such as this hollering in his mind. As if for comfort, Rewel squeezes the grip on his rifle and brings it tighter into his arms. He felt childish, and like a kid with a teddy bear. Why had he never thought of these things before... before was just survival, that's why. But now he had met people, and survival wasn't his only goal ticking in his mind anymore, leaving him open to some of these new thoughts that exposed him to the harsh reality.

For the first time in ages, Rewel felt lonely as he sat idly atop the wooden chair. He regretted not seeing his family at all, and his face hung struck by guilt as a strange pain - the pain of being guilty - gnawed away in his hungry stomach.

• Love
Reactions: 2 people
Melanie heard the commotion of Rex as she walked by the room he was in. Again, he was another perfect display of a man that needed to release his aggression before something bad happened - only with Rex, she knew it was imperative that he did. He was a loose cannon at times, and after being with him for months, she knew when to be near him and when to avoid him. Now was definitely the time to avoid him, but before she did, she poked her head into the room and grabbed his attention.

"Hey... Rex, why don't you go let of some steam outside? Maybe punch a tree or something. Or go hunting."

She left it at that, as she knew that if he was in one of his moods, he would just start yelling and make her cry. Why was he so good at that?

Ghost and Alessa left the cabin, and Reese went his separate way. Melanie decided she would find better sleep with someone than by herself, so she began looking through the other rooms, trying to be as quiet as the creaking floors would allow. Hopefully she could sneak in a corner somewhere near someone without disturbing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.