The Wolf Pack

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sylvia smiled. "I've learned to live around them. All connections I had once were severed, as they were with my old pack." She couldn't hide her curiousity at this New Moon tradition, however- what was it like? And why was she so excited for it?

(Okay! ^w^)

Bela, chuckling under her breath, came to a stop beside an empty shelter.
"This one's the prettiest of them all," she told Sylvia, her smile as wild as her golden fur. "It's yours if you want it - there're others, though, so don't feel pressured." Her politeness and interest was genuine, but the she-wolf still strained to run back to the centre of camp and start the New Moon - a monthly tradition of the Idemoni Pack. It was a time when she could indulge her most twisted, Demonic desires, and be praised for it. Her smile only grew as she thought of it, rich crimson irises still focused on Sylvia.

Esme nodded decidedly, glancing up at the top of Season Mountain as if she might see the lights already.

Meph clicked his tongue, satisfied with the answer. " Hm. Alright then. " He chuckled, relieved that they hadn't drifted apart as much as he expected. At least they could still tease each other like pups and laugh again.
Upon Cain's comment, the leader cast a glance to the vicious looking demon he pointed out was his sister. Meph gave a knowing nod towards the new arrival he recognised as Sylvia, talking in a seemingly excited way towards the other demon. Adjusting his wings, he noticed the sister's blood red irises, and shivered. He was glad he didn't share that trait with his brethren. " Your sister ever leave the tribe much? "

( Aaaah! Crescent and Esme are so cute! #^-^# XD )

Sylvia had a look around. The den seemed spacious, perfect for her needs for research and spells, and she noticed a slight side room- it could easily allow her to put Force away safely. She turned to Bela and nodded with a smile. "This'll do perfectly. Where should I go for the New Moon and when?"
Crescent smiled brightly, excitement practically rolling off her in waves. "Let's go!" She bounded off excitedly, barely remembering to stop and check for her friend.

Bela turned, facing inwards towards the central grounds.
"I'm Head Huntress, so I get to kick it off," she said, a hint of pride lacing her words. As she began to pad towards the spot, she could see a lot of pack members already gathered, waiting, their faces hungry for the night's events. "We can start now." She cast a sidelong glance at Sylvia, wondering if the she-wolf would even stay after her first New Moon. She hoped so, because she had instantly warmed to the deep purple female, but she knew if Sylvia couldn't allow herself to let go of her learned mortal behaviours and embrace her Demonic side then she wasn't right for the pack.

Cain glanced at his sister as she made her way to the pack's centre, no doubt preparing for the New Moon.
"She's never left," he said simply. "Our parents raised us both here, but I travelled with Father to the mortal pack to help him observe it, while she stayed here. It does make her a little more..." he paused, trying to word his sister's terrifying darkness carefully, "in tune with her Demonic desires. Which isn't a bad thing." He looked at her once more, noticing the flash of her red eyes - a trait they shared - and gazed at her with the familiar warmth of brotherly love. She was scary when she wanted to be, but her ruthless evil was what made her so popular in the pack, and what made him love her so fiercely.

Esme, absorbed in the excitement of the moment, bounded after Crescent, the rising moon splashing silver across her fawn pelt.

Sylvia nodded. Quickly, she hopped down into the den and shedded her necklace, letting Force rest in a hidden niche before hopping back out and padding over to Bela again. "Well, show me the ropes."
Crescent bounced up the mountain with ease, leading the way to the caves where Galenia had found her a few moons ago. These, she'd found, produced the best view.

"In tune, huh. Well, I guess that must be how things are done around here. " There was a pause, as Meph turned to his childhood friend. Of course his pack was alike to the Idemoni tribe, that's why they were associated with each other. Twinned together by name. But perhaps they were rather different. Although Meph's demons shared the same traits, they both fed off souls after all, Cain's pack seemed to unsettle the horned demon slightly. Maybe it was the look in the particular female's blood red eyes that did it, or maybe it was something else. The place smelt of blood. Meph surprised himself by finding he'd been humming a tune while thinking, and started, self-consciously stopping. "Do you think... Being raised by mortal wolves changes demons a bit? I mean, my pack's just as blood thirsty as yours but-" Meph offered an apologetic smile, flashing cartoonishly sharp canines. " What I mean is, the fellas in my pack... They're harmless. Just a bunch of brutes trying to make their own way with things. But Cain... What kind of pack do you hope to run here? "

Last edited by a moderator:
Daunting laughed, practically doubling over. " Honestly Angie, ya gotta admit, we'd make the cutest pups together. Pink and purple striped darlings with adorable button noses and innocent lisps to go along. God, I'm imagining it now. " She snorted once more, uncrossing her legs. Angela raised an eyebrow, letting out a somewhat dignified giggle compared to Daunting's raucus laughter. " Speaking of pups hun, it's all fine and well imagining what they'd look like, but when are you going to settle down and make some, huh? "
The pink wolf pretended to think for a moment, then shrugged. " When I... Y'know, meet the right guy. And when we've dated for a couple of months, and we've settled in our dens... We'll look into each other's eyes, and clasp each other lovingly together under the light of the moon, and then make passionate-"
Angela made a gagging noise. "Yeah yeah, alright. I get the picture. You're not planning on having any any time soon. "
Daunting wriggled her eyebrows up and down, " I dunno Angela. Like I said, pink and purple pups. All we need to do is-"
" Gosh Daunting. So scandalous! "

( Just a bit of ridiculousness. XD Figured I haven't wrote Daunting in much, and wanted to get into the same kind of character mindset again. )

Cain tried to hide the flash of emotion that threatened to show itself on his features - he knew all too well how living among the mortal wolves could change a Demon.
"I just want to honour our ancestors," he said, his eyes the same unsettling scarlet shade as Bela's, but laced with a cool calmness. "Keeping the bloodlines pure allows Demons to fully accept their thoughts and feelings - integrating with the mortals corrupts us, and never ends well. We cannot be destroyed, because without darkness how do we see the light?" He paused. "Living apart, preying on the mortals freely instead of trying to force down our true nature, and letting them fight back in return, the way it has always been - this, I think, is the best way to live. For everyone."

Bela's grin twisted as they reached the centre of the pack, wolves greeting her with a mixture of friendliness and respect. She padded up onto a small rock, beckoning for Sylvia to join her.
"It's better if I just show you," she said, the fresh light of the New Moon hitting her pelt, making the golden fur appear to glow. "Just let go - listen to what you really want. Don't force it down." Her eyes flashed hungrily, as if she had just sighted prey after starving for weeks.

Esme padded into the caves, already marvelling at the splendour of the sky from their position even though the Lights had not shown themselves yet.

Sylvia raised an eyebrow. She joined Bela, nonetheless, on top of the rock, and waited to see what happened.
Crescent smiled, taking her seat at the entrance to the cave system she lived in. She loved the view, loved it very dearly, and sharing it with Esme somehow made it seem that much more beautiful.

Meph nodded, wings fluttering. Perhaps Cain was right after all. He should embrace his demonic nature, instead of surpressing it. After all, what were demons for? The demons attacked, the mortal wolves fought back. Yes, that was right. Mortal wolves were slow and simple, and the demons preyed upon them like livestock. But yet, there was a nagging voice at the back of the pack leader's head that told him otherwise. More or less satisfied with Cain's answer, he turned to the wolves gathered by the rocks, and pointed a claw towards them. " What's going on over there? " He stage-whispered, bubbling uncertainty replaced with curiosity.

Cain glanced over at the wolves - every member of his pack had gathered, eager to begin the monthly celebration.
"New Moon," he answered, watching his sister shivering with hunger for it. His eyes flickered upwards to the crescent sliver of the moon to emphasise his point. "It's a tradition in Idemoni, and there are other Demon packs who do it too. It's the ritual slaughter of our prey - the mortals." In some shadowy guarded shelter, the captured wolves howled in fear, unaware of the fate that awaited them. He felt a twinge of pity for the wolf who would become Bela's plaything. "Demons with gifts, like Bela, can use them to hurt the prey, and Demons without use their teeth. It's seen by many as a cleansing ritual - it rekindles the basic Demon instincts within us, and tears away any mortal feelings one may have acquired."

Two pack members emerged from the shadows with a struggling mortal male between them, and the rest of the Demons fell silent to look over their prey. Bela tore her hungry gaze from the male to glance at Sylvia, her smile barely visible but somehow still carrying all of her twisted darkness.
"Learn from me," she said quietly. "The first one's always mine." As if hearing her, the pack turned their heads to Bela, craning their necks to see her above them on the rock. She nodded a little before focusing her eyes on the mortal, lifting a paw, flexing it, and twisting. As she did a sudden, loud crack pierced the air and the male collapsed on the ground, his back paw twisted at an angle that would have caused the bones to snap loudly. A resounding, raucous cheer rose from the gathered wolves, and the mortal glared up at Bela through pained eyes, somehow knowing she was his tormentor. At this small act of defiance, she simply twisted her paw again and broke his other back ankle, the scream sending pleased chills down her spine. She looked over at Sylvia, her eyes burning red like hot coals, pupils dilated with enjoyment.
"Want to try?"

Esme settled next to Crescent, the brush of their shoulders relaxing her.
"When will we see them?" she whispered, reluctant to break the beautiful silence enveloping them both.

(I love how something so dark is happening at the same time as something so sweet, haha xD)

Mephistopheles went pale, eyes darting quickly away from the scene. He'd watched the ceremony for a while, standing next to Cain as the celebration kicked off, but after a second sickening crack resounded through the pack grounds, the male had turned his head away, eyes watering slightly. The leading she wolf took a certain kind of sadistic pleasure in causing pain, her eyes wide and dilated as she reigned blow after blow on the mortal plaything. The horned wolf flinched, muttering under his breath as he shook his head at the violent display. Back in Idemoni's twin tribe, his demons tended to do things very differently. Most demons enjoyed cheating mortal wolves out of their souls, mortal wolves too vain and stupid to realise the consequences of their decisions. Almost all the mortals Meph had encountered would freely give their own lifeforce away in exchange for riches and power. Perhaps in that respect, it gave the leader a kind of satisfaction to watch the mortals realise their mistakes too late, but this... This was barbaric in its own right! Torturing scared defenceless wolves to cleanse? Meph shivered to think these demons were like him. He watched Sylvia contemplate joining in and hoped she was somewhat merciful when it came to her 'cleansing ' of her mortal tendencies. " Do you take part in these... ceremonies, Cain? " He asked, amber eyes glinting.

( Haha XD )

"Of course," said Cain quickly, almost too fast. "What sort of an Alpha would be so weak he couldn't kill his prey?" Despite the male's firm words, he found himself suddenly unable to hold Meph's gaze and he looked away, shifting his paws.

Sylvia raised an eyebrow. "On this wolf, or a different one?" She didn't know the wolf; although the first crack had caused her to flinch, the look of defiance in the mortal wolf's eyes, while admirable, caused her to lose all sympathy for the thing. If she'd known it, perhaps she would have shown a little more sympathy. Now, she was curious to see what she could do.
Crescent smiled. "We should see them in a few minutes." she said absently. Her gaze was focused on the sky, eyes sparkling eagerly as her shoulder brushed against Esme's. She found the contact reassuring. It was nice to finally share company up here, after who knows how long spending endless days and nights alone.

Meph just shook his head, saying nothing. He brushed his shoulder against Cain's, analysing the leader's fast and slightly aggressive response to his own comment. The demon grimaced, but although unsettled by the display, he couldn't draw his eyes away from the gathered demons, bloodthirsty gazes in their eyes. After a moment's pause, a quiet response was issued. " But is this really... y'know, being a demon? All this violence and no cause. No reason." With a paw he smoothed curled red hair down with a paw, sighing. " I just wish it was us again. Like when we were pups, brave and bold with no limits. "
He lowered his eyes to the ground, frowning and wondering if Cain really knew what he was.

((I would join, but I would have to read every page you guys have written, and it seems like you have enough people anyway.))

(( You can join if you want! I mean, as long as you have a general idea of what the roleplay's all about, and you're fairly good at writing, it's all good with us! XD ))

Cain gave Meph a questioning look but said nothing, his calm Alpha composure having swiftly returned after his words.
"I should go," he spoke after a moment of silence. "The last one is always saved for me." A scream from one of the mortal wolves on the wrong end of the New Moon reinforced his point.

Bela's smile grew impossibly wider and endlessly darker.
"Of course," she said, almost drooling at the huffs of pain emanating from her prey. "Show us what you can do."

Esme gasped audibly as a faint light trailed across the sky before fading back.
"It's starting!" she grinned, nudging Crescent's shoulder excitedly with her own.

(Yeah, buddy, you can hop on if you want!)

Crescent couldn't help herself. Esme's almost childlike enthusiasm with the show was just too adorable for her. Even though it was fascinating, yes, and she loved to view it, she was somewhat used to the sight and never really had the same reaction. However, seeing Esme so happy sent her into a tiny fit of giggles, having to cover her mouth with a paw and lower her head to stifle them.
Sylvia hummed. She looked the wolf over with curiosity before tilting her paw, causing the wolf's left femur to snap. She made quite a clean break, but the scream from the wolf made her wonder if she could make a messier one and draw more of a reaction. It then crossed her mind she hadn't thought like this in a while- although, reflecting briefly on it, that was most likely because such things had been taboo where she was before. She was curious to see how far she could let herself go before she hit a barrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.