The Water (OOC and sign-ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Cwolf0615
Hm...maybe our characters know eachother through their siblings? I could see some Micheal's younger siblings joining Doni's in their troublemaking.

@Oyoa
Micheal will probably make it his daily goal to annoy Sai at school, what with his careless and flirty tendencies lol.

@Alis_Audāx
I can see Micheal and Robin probably being coworkers through some of their odd jobs.

Just some suggestions. What do y'all think?

Reactions: Vivianne
Ill probably have both Damiens and Troys profiles up sometime tonight

I will probably get started on my stuff tonight.

Name: Damien Enrique Chavez
Appearance:jay_hernandez.jpg
Personality: Damien is an extremely "by-the-book" kind of guy. He believes that protocol and procedure is the best way to handle most if not all situations. He is a consummate problem solver and is a firm advocate of reason over superstition and will not believe anything until he sees proof. Adding to this is his very sardonic sense of humor.
Background: Damien was born to a teenage father named Javier Chavez from Puerto Rico. Javier took great responsibility for his son and was determined that he have a good upbringing and saved enough to move to New York, so Damien could have an education. Soon after, Javier married a woman named Maria, who would become the boy's step mother and the two of them, along with Damien, settled down to start a new family. Eventually Damien would receive to half brothers, Jason and Troy. Javier instilled a very strong work ethic into his oldest son and taught him that hard work and perseverance would get him far. Damien took these principals to heart and from an early age, set out to be the proverbial over achiever, much to his parent's immense pride.

Damien graduated high school with a 3.9 GPA and immediately enlisted in the Army the day after. Damien excelled in the highly structured and disciplined world of the armed forces. He obtained a master's degree in English Literature in just under nine years and also gained his Army commission, becoming an officer with the military police. However tragedy would soon strike his life, when he learned of his father's and step mother's untimely death in a car accident. It was than that Damien was thrust into the role of father figure and caretaker for his two much younger brothers. To accommodate the much needed attention the two boys would need, Damien reluctantly left the Army and brought his siblings, Jason and Troy to live with him in Bridgewater, Oregon. He felt that the constant moving around required by the military would be a detriment to his family's life and he wanted a stable home environment for his brothers. Using his Army background and his years experience as an military policeman, Damien quickly found a position with the small Bridgewater police department.

Putting his no nonsense and impeccable work ethic to good use, he moved up the police ranks practically overnight to become Deputy Sheriff of the Bridgewater Police. His home life has been an up and down roller coaster as he tries to play both mother and father to his brothers. He sees good progress with the youngest Troy but struggles immensely with Jason, who seemed troubled from the onset of their parent's death. Damien has done all he can to set his brother on a good path and provide as normal life as he can for the young man.

Name: Troy Alejandro Chavez
Appearance: brandon.jpg
Personality: Troy Chavez, unlike his two older brothers is a laid back and very easy going type of guy. He values his school work and near idolizes his oldest brother Damien. Troy tries his best to steer clear of trouble and is studious and dependable. He is quite popular in school and is a stand out in excellence in R.O.T.C. cadet troop.
Background: Born the youngest of the Chavez clan, Troy was only eight years old when he lost parents. He was hit hard but was not as drastically affected as was his brother Jason. In the aftermath, he and Jason were sent to live with their oldest brother Damien, who had just moved to Oregon. Damien tried to set down a normal and stable environment for his siblings in the case of Troy, he succeeded.

Troy dutifully took Damien's example and applied himself to his studies, dreaming to one day join the military, like his brother. While Jason spiraled into a destructive type lifestyle of drug and petty crime, Troy was the polar opposite. He adjusted to life in a small town and took to it like a fish to water. In the eight years since his parent's death, he has thrived both emotionally and mentally. He is popular and well liked by his peers and teachers alike and strives to make his oldest brother proud of him, as he believes it's what his parent's would have wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, about Robin's job. I have a character, Quinn, who's parents are the owners of SAVE LOTS, a massive department store that's been causing problems for Bridgewater's main street mom and pop shops. I think it'd be cool if Robin worked there part-time. What do you think about this? Also, I might have some ideas that would tie Robin's step-dad with the Sinclair family, if that's cool with you.
@Alis_Audāx -

I could see a friendship/possibly-more be something that would happen between Idony and Robin. (Though romance admittedly isn't something that's always at the forefront of Idony's mind.) Though I don't think Idony would entirely understand Robin, I feel she would probably gravitate towards someone like eir, simply because they would understand what it was like to be judged negatively before even being met. A more relaxed nature is definitely something that would make a friendship with Idony easier, as well, simply because she can be so... over the top about things? For lack of a better way to describe it?
@Cwolf0615
I agree, I can see Robin and Idony forming a friendship. Especially since both would have to deal with the misjudgment of others. This misjudgment I see expanding outside of the academy and being pushed by others in the town society. Robin for the most part is relaxed but ey is someone that is brave and usually the first to jump in. This may also be another reason for their friendship, Robin is probably someone willing to join in. If it is suites Robin that is. As for romance, Robin can be a tease towards those who react negatively towards eir gender neutrality. It is a way to make people feel even more uncomfortable about the situation. Robin may play along with some of the High School flirting rituals but it is never anything serious. Despite this Robin is kind of dealing with so much stuff that even the subject of romance would make things even more complicated and it would kind of force Robin to reveal or choose a gender. Being that for Robin this isn't something ey would like, ey would keep people at bay when it comes to the whole relationship factors

@lost_wisdom @Phaesaris - As for working with Micheal, that is a possibility. I know that Robin will be working part-time at Quinn's family SAVE LOTS, along with other odd jobs and the occasional favor from eir mother.

I GET CARRIED AWAY AND WRITE TOO MUCH, SO, HERES MORE OF THOSE LOVELY LITTLE INLINE SPOILERS I'VE TAKEN SUCH A LIKING TOO

@Phaesaris -
[spoili]
I could see that happening!
Parents usually aren't all that happy to see their children running around with the Kierstead kiddies, simply because even if one of them is a nice kid it usually opens them up to be in a bad environment.
(Ethan, for example, has been following behind his older brother Hunter since he was young.
So, while, at a young age such as 10, Ethan still didn't get into all that much trouble himself, his older brother Hunter - who would have been 16 at the time - was already getting pretty heavily involved in drugs and had a lot of unsavory friendships - which of course effected Ethan, and would in turn have the potential to put any friends he might have had in not so great situations.)

The Kierstead clan in general tends to be avoided by a lot of people, simply because such a vast number of them are involved in illegal dealings and general unwholesome behavior.

Of course, this doesn't mean the Kierstead kids don't make friends, just thought I'd throw that out there as a bit of background info.
I could see the youngest members of Idony's family possibly being friends with some of Michael's family, though.

The older Kierstead kids all have their own thing going on, and probably wouldn't want much to do with Michale's family, but Sarah, Logan, and Noah would be open to friendships. Sarah and Logan sort of keep to themselves a bit at school, since they have this sort of alliance going against the other children, as they just love spending endless hours amongst themselves scheming of ways to cause trouble in the school. They'd probably be hesitant to let another kid hang out with them, but I could see them possibly letting Alice in, since she's young enough they wouldn't deem her too much of a threat to their pranks and rumor-spreading. They might not always be that nice to her, though, and could even turn it into a manipulative situation - which could either immediately end the relationship, or make it a less than healthy friendship, depending on how gullible the girl is and how much she's willing to put up with. (Let me know what you think about this)

I could see a friendship between Noah, Benny, and Franky being very probable though. Noah is pretty sweet, but since he doesn't have any siblings around his age, and his mother has never been all that attentive, he has a tendency to get a bit neglected when it comes to social contact in the family.

Maybe Noah could be in the same kindergarten class as Benny and Franky, and took a liking to the two boys? Idony feels pretty bad that Noah is a bit on the lonelier side for a kid his age, and would be more than eager to push such a friendship between the children along. I imagine she'd be pretty annoyingly incessant about arranging playdates and encouraging the friendship, the second Noah expressed his admiration for the boys. Even if Michael's family did disapprove of such a friendship between the kids, she wouldn't let that stop her, and would just become even more pushy about it to Michael.
[/spoili]

@Alis_Audāx -
[spoili]
Yeah, as long as you're okay with it, I think a friendship would be a very reasonable relationship for the two to have.
Honestly, I really can't see a romantic relationship as being that probable for the two, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyways.

Having grown up with such an erratic home life, the idea of a romantic relationship has never been 'cute' and 'fun' to Idony, like it is too many teenagers, but rather more frightening. Her mother and father had a shotgun wedding of sorts, only marrying because Lenny got Aileen pregnant with Hunter. That combined with the rumors of Alieen's affairs, and the general bad attitudes of the two, the marriage has always been unsteady. Bad marriages are more common than uncommon amongst the Kiersteads, and Idony's idea of what a romantic relationship should be like is distorted. (Honestly, the relationships the Kiersteads form are generally unhealthy. They're protective of their own, most of the time, but they definitely don't always treat them right.) She's the sort of person who would be more likely to pass up a healthy happy relationship, and rather become involved in an abusive one, instead of the other way around like most. So, if she were to make a good friend, she first of all wouldn't entirely consider them relationship material (because, relationships aren't really meant to be that happy in her mind), and secondly wouldn't want to compromise the friendship over something of the sort.

I could definitely see the twos friendship potentially becoming pretty strong, though. Both of them are willing to jump into situations, so neither would be afraid to stand up for the other if they felt like it, which I imagine both teens would appreciate. I imagine that Robin's family wouldn't at all approve of eir and Idony's relationship, and in similar fashion, I don't think Idony's family would approve either. They really don't have room to judge others, but that doesn't stop the Kiersteads from being prejudiced about a lot of things, and someone who identifies as androgynous would be one of those things.
The shared resistance from both of their families might only make the more drawn towards each other though, because, well, that typical teenage rebelliousness. If you tell your kids not to do something they have that awful tendency of wanting to do it even more.

I feel like both would be wrongly judged by most of the town - Idony for her family, and Robin for eir gender. I imagine it would be difficult not to develop a bit of a "me against the world" sort of thinking in that situation, and I know that, at least for Idony, being able to change that to "us against the world" would be a big comfort.
[/spoili]

I said I was going to post something this evening...sorry but that's not happening. Mainly because I had something...and I hated it. So rather than just post for the sake of posting I will try again tomorrow.

Peace.

I GET CARRIED AWAY AND WRITE TOO MUCH, SO, HERES MORE OF THOSE LOVELY LITTLE INLINE SPOILERS I'VE TAKEN SUCH A LIKING TOO

@Phaesaris -
[spoili]
I could see that happening!
Parents usually aren't all that happy to see their children running around with the Kierstead kiddies, simply because even if one of them is a nice kid it usually opens them up to be in a bad environment.
(Ethan, for example, has been following behind his older brother Hunter since he was young.
So, while, at a young age such as 10, Ethan still didn't get into all that much trouble himself, his older brother Hunter - who would have been 16 at the time - was already getting pretty heavily involved in drugs and had a lot of unsavory friendships - which of course effected Ethan, and would in turn have the potential to put any friends he might have had in not so great situations.)

The Kierstead clan in general tends to be avoided by a lot of people, simply because such a vast number of them are involved in illegal dealings and general unwholesome behavior.

Of course, this doesn't mean the Kierstead kids don't make friends, just thought I'd throw that out there as a bit of background info.
I could see the youngest members of Idony's family possibly being friends with some of Michael's family, though.

The older Kierstead kids all have their own thing going on, and probably wouldn't want much to do with Michale's family, but Sarah, Logan, and Noah would be open to friendships. Sarah and Logan sort of keep to themselves a bit at school, since they have this sort of alliance going against the other children, as they just love spending endless hours amongst themselves scheming of ways to cause trouble in the school. They'd probably be hesitant to let another kid hang out with them, but I could see them possibly letting Alice in, since she's young enough they wouldn't deem her too much of a threat to their pranks and rumor-spreading. They might not always be that nice to her, though, and could even turn it into a manipulative situation - which could either immediately end the relationship, or make it a less than healthy friendship, depending on how gullible the girl is and how much she's willing to put up with. (Let me know what you think about this)

I could see a friendship between Noah, Benny, and Franky being very probable though. Noah is pretty sweet, but since he doesn't have any siblings around his age, and his mother has never been all that attentive, he has a tendency to get a bit neglected when it comes to social contact in the family.

Maybe Noah could be in the same kindergarten class as Benny and Franky, and took a liking to the two boys? Idony feels pretty bad that Noah is a bit on the lonelier side for a kid his age, and would be more than eager to push such a friendship between the children along. I imagine she'd be pretty annoyingly incessant about arranging playdates and encouraging the friendship, the second Noah expressed his admiration for the boys. Even if Michael's family did disapprove of such a friendship between the kids, she wouldn't let that stop her, and would just become even more pushy about it to Michael.
[/spoili]

@Alis_Audāx -
[spoili]
Yeah, as long as you're okay with it, I think a friendship would be a very reasonable relationship for the two to have.
Honestly, I really can't see a romantic relationship as being that probable for the two, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyways.

Having grown up with such an erratic home life, the idea of a romantic relationship has never been 'cute' and 'fun' to Idony, like it is too many teenagers, but rather more frightening. Her mother and father had a shotgun wedding of sorts, only marrying because Lenny got Aileen pregnant with Hunter. That combined with the rumors of Alieen's affairs, and the general bad attitudes of the two, the marriage has always been unsteady. Bad marriages are more common than uncommon amongst the Kiersteads, and Idony's idea of what a romantic relationship should be like is distorted. (Honestly, the relationships the Kiersteads form are generally unhealthy. They're protective of their own, most of the time, but they definitely don't always treat them right.) She's the sort of person who would be more likely to pass up a healthy happy relationship, and rather become involved in an abusive one, instead of the other way around like most. So, if she were to make a good friend, she first of all wouldn't entirely consider them relationship material (because, relationships aren't really meant to be that happy in her mind), and secondly wouldn't want to compromise the friendship over something of the sort.

I could definitely see the twos friendship potentially becoming pretty strong, though. Both of them are willing to jump into situations, so neither would be afraid to stand up for the other if they felt like it, which I imagine both teens would appreciate. I imagine that Robin's family wouldn't at all approve of eir and Idony's relationship, and in similar fashion, I don't think Idony's family would approve either. They really don't have room to judge others, but that doesn't stop the Kiersteads from being prejudiced about a lot of things, and someone who identifies as androgynous would be one of those things.
The shared resistance from both of their families might only make the more drawn towards each other though, because, well, that typical teenage rebelliousness. If you tell your kids not to do something they have that awful tendency of wanting to do it even more.

I feel like both would be wrongly judged by most of the town - Idony for her family, and Robin for eir gender. I imagine it would be difficult not to develop a bit of a "me against the world" sort of thinking in that situation, and I know that, at least for Idony, being able to change that to "us against the world" would be a big comfort.
[/spoili]

There's no such thing as too much lol. That is perfect!

Reactions: MST3K 4ever
Hi! Are you still accepting characters? :) I am extremely interested in this idea. If not, that's totally okay!

Hey @Jerelin! It's a bit late to be accepting more characters, since we're actually just about to start the RP, but I'd be perfectly willing to accept your character if you can put up a CS quickly and maybe add in some preliminary ideas for your character's prior relationships with the others. As I've mentioned before, don't be shy in throwing out ideas about your character's background. Also, as you can see from the thread, we have a pretty chill crew who are open to relationship connection ideas, so I think bringing you into the fold won't be an issue. :)

@Cwolf0615 Don't worry about including too much detail! I actually love how deep you've gone into Idony's backstory. I think it's awesome and I do appreciate it, as it gives me and everyone else tons of stuff to work with!

@Chris_Reaper Awesome work with establishing backgrounds for Jason's family members! I think we can all understand Jason a bit better now. :)

Also, thanks to everyone for hashing out your relationship ideas. We're waiting for a few more people to set up their relationships (if you need help, I can offer up some more ideas), but after we're done with that, we should be able to get started with the RP.

Lastly, just wanted to give you guys a bit more detail on the start of the RP to hopefully give you guys some more ideas:

The RP starts a few days before the start of Spring Break. However, most of the townspeople's travel plans are being cut short due to reports of a massive storm approaching the Pacific Northwest. This storm is said to be one that only comes around once a generation, and so a lot of the older citizens of Bridgeport are on edge. The younger population, of course, are ecstatic about it. After all, nothing much exciting happens in their sleepy little town, and though the storm will likely bring about a lot of destruction, they are nonetheless excited for its coming.

The so-called 'Crane Club', a highly-exclusive social group made up of Antioch Academy's wealthiest and most popular students, plan to throw a 'Storm Party' the night before the storm hits. You have all gotten invitations (for better or for worse), and are expected to attend.

@Cwolf0615 - Indeed, I think this type of idea would also relieve some of Robin's stresses. Plus it would make since that the families would have an issue with the friendship. This also would be a push for them to stay friends, Robin hates his step-father. So the idea of doing something that would go against him would bring some joy to Robin. Robin's step-father comes from money and is wealthy, so knowing his step-child is associated with a Kiersteads wouldn't sit well with him. He may see Robin's and Idony's friendship as a threat to his status.

@lost_wisdom - I think Robin would be understanding of some of the other CS and kind of get their struggles. Because of Robin's own issues with misjudgment and family troubles. However, I think friendships or enemies will develop as we RP.

Hey @Jerelin! It's a bit late to be accepting more characters, since we're actually just about to start the RP, but I'd be perfectly willing to accept your character if you can put up a CS quickly and maybe add in some preliminary ideas for your character's prior relationships with the others. As I've mentioned before, don't be shy in throwing out ideas about your character's background. Also, as you can see from the thread, we have a pretty chill crew who are open to relationship connection ideas, so I think bringing you into the fold won't be an issue. :)

@Cwolf0615 Don't worry about including too much detail! I actually love how deep you've gone into Idony's backstory. I think it's awesome and I do appreciate it, as it gives me and everyone else tons of stuff to work with!

@Chris_Reaper Awesome work with establishing backgrounds for Jason's family members! I think we can all understand Jason a bit better now. :)

Also, thanks to everyone for hashing out your relationship ideas. We're waiting for a few more people to set up their relationships (if you need help, I can offer up some more ideas), but after we're done with that, we should be able to get started with the RP.

Lastly, just wanted to give you guys a bit more detail on the start of the RP to hopefully give you guys some more ideas:

The RP starts a few days before the start of Spring Break. However, most of the townspeople's travel plans are being cut short due to reports of a massive storm approaching the Pacific Northwest. This storm is said to be one that only comes around once a generation, and so a lot of the older citizens of Bridgeport are on edge. The younger population, of course, are ecstatic about it. After all, nothing much exciting happens in their sleepy little town, and though the storm will likely bring about a lot of destruction, they are nonetheless excited for its coming.

The so-called 'Crane Club', a highly-exclusive social group made up of Antioch Academy's wealthiest and most popular students, plan to throw a 'Storm Party' the night before the storm hits. You have all gotten invitations (for better or for worse), and are expected to attend.
I've been working on a character sheet just in case that was your reply and have been thinking about some ways to connect. Would anyone be willing to have my character be a cousin of sorts? It's a small town, so I wouldn't be surprised if characters were connected that way. I was also thinking about making her the Valedictorian to give her and Sia some competition (unless I missed it in other CS's and there is already one). My CS is in the process of being completed and will be up in a an hour or two, since it's 7PM and I usually head to bed around 9. ^^

I also have some minor character ideas like a librarian and the school principal. One of my character ideas involves my character mother or father cheating on their spouse with the school principal and there are rumors that instead of merit getting my character the top spot in the class, it was more pillow talk.

^awesome! Looks like you have a lot of cool ideas. Looking forward to seeing your cs!

NAME:
Mallory Jean Neal

(February 10th, 1997)

APPEARANCE:
2663092922_bafdc9ba50.jpg

Mallory is very fit for her age. As Antioch's head cheerleader, she follows a rather strict diet and workout regimen. Her physical condition is extremely important to her and it shows. She stands tall at 5'7" and weighs around 150 pounds. Her hair is naturally a deep brown, but she dyes it regularly to a soft natural-looking blonde that compliments her skin-tone. As a child, her teeth were in devastating shape, but thanks to learning about oral hygiene and acquiring braces at thirteen, she says they are her favorite feature. Her eyes are a soft blue, one of the few physical traits that she acquired from her father, and she goes to a tanning bed on a regular basis.

PERSONALITY:
Mallory is a very dedicated individual who is driven to achieve the best her self can offer. She strives to put her all in everything that she does, which includes personal hygiene, physical appearance, and educational abilities. Although her schedule may appear stressful to others, Mallory finds the routine calming and reliable, often losing focus and control when that routine is altered abruptly in some way. When this happens, she can become irrational and lash out at people despite her personal feelings toward them.

BACKGROUND:
Mallory was born to Christopher and Tonia Neal on February 10th, 1997. She was an only child and spent a lot of her time with cousins (T.B.A) and close family members. Although Mallory grew up in the richer portion of Bridgewater, she doesn't believe that it enabled her to partake in more opportunities than the other kids her age, and she feels that she is on their level, to an extent. Some would disagree, however and would do so quite loudly and often.

As the head of Neal Water Supplies, Chris Neal was able to provide tremendously to his family and the community. Though they are not on the same economical level as the Sinclairs, they are family friends and share many of the same values. Tonia Neal chose a line of work that was rewarding in other ways. She opened a beauty shop within the center of town called "Broadway 51" and it is quite popular with the locals. Though she does not earn as much money as her husband, she feels she is earning more life experience and she wouldn't trade it for the world.

With two parents who have a very strong work ethic, it is no surprise that this trait was passed on to Mallory. It is thanks to her family's open heart and strong mind that she has been able to excel as she has. Throughout grade-school, she always achieved top marks and though she tried other sports, nothing fulfilled her more than cheerleading. Her main goal is to become the head cheerleader at Mayweather University, a college only a few hours away from her hometown.

Unfortunately, not everything is happy in Mallory's life. Her parents are currently going through a difficult time that has only been enhanced by the rumor of her mother sleeping with Antioch Academy's head principal. Whether this is true or not, Mallory is not sure but she is unable to shy away from the negative attention. Along with the rumor of adultery, some fellow students have gone as far as to discredit Mallory's hard work within the school system claiming that she is being upheld by personal bias.

FAMILY:
Christopher Neal (47) - Father - Head of Neal Water Supplies
Tonia Neal (40) - Mother - Owner of Broadway 51 Salon

RELATIONSHIPS:
TBA

And she's completed! I would really love if someone would want to be her cousin, no matter the distance.

I am about to head to bed, so tomorrow I will post the NPCs, possibly her parents. I feel like her mother is more important to the story than her dad, so I will probably create her and the school principal. I will also discuss potential relationships. :) I am open to anything and have some ideas of my own!

Thank you for allowing me to create a CS for this on such short notice. If she is accepted, I can't wait to be a part of the gang!

Accepted! I like proactive RPers who aren't afraid to run with the GM's ideas, so I'm excited for you to join us! :)

As for someone being Mallory's cousin... Hm. Well, I think out of all of the characters, I think it'd make most sense if Quinn was her cousin (they also resemble one another quite a bit). Maybe Quinn's dad and Mal's mom are siblings? I actually do like this idea, since there could be some potentially cool dynamics between them. It would make sense from a plot standpoint too, since maybe it was Mal's dad that convinced Quinn's dad to come and build the SAVE LOTS in Bridgewater. Like maybe Christopher was all "Build your department store here! There's tax breaks and blah blah!" and Quinn's dad ate it hook line and sinker. I'll have to think about what kind of relationship they might have and will post something tomorrow. In the meanwhile, if you have any ideas yourself, let me know! Like, would Mallory approve of having someone like Quinn be a part of her family and would she think him an idiot for doing what he does? Depending on Mallory's feelings, their relationship could be positive or negative.

@Jerelin: Well just a thought on my part, but Jason does need a girlfriend of sorts. Don't know if your character of Mallory would be the type to go for the "badboy", but a relationship between the two would cause a lot of drama and lead to even more friction between Jason and Quinn, if you decided to go the whole cousin route

@Cwolf0615 : For Doni and Nick I could see them being friends because they were in some of the same classes at some point, and they worked on a couple of projects together. It was during those projects that Nick saw in Doni that she was more than just her family reputation and he can relate to her in a certain sense. That is being judged by only what people see. Nick they see a studious, quiet guy but he actually has a wicked sense of humor, and in Doni he see someone who just needs a chance to show that she is way more than just her family reputation.

@Oyoa: Since Sai is a hard worker and studious just like Nick I can see them in more than just a couple of classes together. He respects Sai for her intelligence, and likes talking with her because she is on the same intellectual level as him. Also (If you don't mind) yes Nick has a crush on her but he can't bring himself to say anything about it because of his introverted nature.

@Alis_Audāx: With Robin Nick respects Robin and even admires him, because ey is trying to live on eir terms. Nick is not worried about fitting and he knows that he will never be considered cool, but that's okay as long as he can be honest about what he likes and living life on his terms.

@Phaesaris : Nick likes Michael's easy-going nature and since he is living in the same house with Quinn and Michael and Quinn are Bros Michael and Nick get along pretty nicely actually.

@Chris_Reaper: Nick is clearly intimated on the surface by Jason, but for some reason Nick wants to help Jason. He doesn't want to see Jason fail, and so Nick tries to help him out where he can with his school work.

@lost_Wisdom: I love your idea about Nick and Quinn living under the same roof! There's a bit of a kind of a sibling rivalry between the two, but if push came to shove they got each other's back and they get along with each other nicely. Nick will never admit it but he actually is grateful to Quinn for trying to get him to come out of his shell. Quinn is also the only person who knows about how Nick feels towards Sai. In terms of Quinn's other activities Nick suspects what is going on, but he doesn't want to know because then he's obligated to say something to his father. Nick is just bidding his time until he can get out of that house and not worry about it.

@Jerelin : Since Nick is on the Cross Country team and she is a Cheerleader they get along because they are both in the Athletics Department. That's their Common Bond.

Last edited:
@MST3K 4ever: Yes I can somehow see Nick appealing to Jason's softer side. Jason has built up a wall against most everybody and his trust in people is almost non existent. But I can envision him having respect for Nick for not judging him as so many others have in the past.

@Oyoa: Since Mallory is Valedictorian and you mentioned a type of dislike in your CS about whoever "beat out" your character, I can see Mallory and Sai being rivals. Perhaps Sai is the one who started the Pillow-Talk rumor to try and knock her down a peg? Maybe Sai has always been the top of the class with Mallory being #2 until Senior Year when it finally mattered?

@lost_wisdom: I love the idea of Mallory and Quinn being cousins. The scenario that you mentioned about Mal's dad influencing Quinn's dad's decision sounds reasonable. I was thinking that they may have a relatively close relationship. Since Quinn has only been in town for two years, I expect that they really only saw each other at family reunions and holidays. When Quinn came into town, Mal was really excited but then he started to get into some shady stuff. She may not approve, but she still loves her cousin and wants the best for him. Perhaps she even once bought some Adderall from him during a semester's final exams? I have a feeling Mal wouldn't know about the meth rumor since her routine doesn't exactly allow for a lot of time with friends. Maybe that could be a small plot point? Mal can find out and confront him about it?

@Chris_Reaper: I can totally see there being a relationship between Mal and Jason. Perhaps they have been dating for around a month or so? Damien could be a friend of Mal's father and because of them, Mal's parents try to push her gently in a relationship with him to try and fix him. "He's a good boy, he's just fallen on some hard times," kind of thing? This could be a positive or negative relationship. I'm slightly leaning toward negative to help pursue some character development and of course that lovely drama that loves to brew in highschool and small towns.

@MST3K 4ever: That sounds like a good idea. They could probably be friends and might practice together some days, running the track?

Status
Not open for further replies.