The Warlock King & The Witch Queen: The Grand Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah. That system illustrates how likely they are to stick to rules but really not much else.

I forgot to ask... @AceSorcerer what time period were you shooting for with this? I sort of just assumed we were basing it off our current modern day setting, at least for the general mundane populace, but I figured I'd ask anyways.

Yeah I was viewing it as modern too, but the fact that everyone has melee weapons only makes me somewhat concerned. At this rate, a human with a gun is enough to kill them all.

Yeah I was viewing it as modern too, but the fact that everyone has melee weapons only makes me somewhat concerned. At this rate, a human with a gun is enough to kill them all.
Not necessarily, magic is a powerful thing. Telekinesis if used by a skilled enough individual could potentially stop a bullet before it reaches its destination. Various spells could destroy the weapon before use... There are plenty of ways magic can out-match modern day weapons...

Nukes on the other hand would be a major problem, but that would kill everyone, including humans so use of that would probably not be on the list... Just another reason to keep their existence secret though.

Magic can't stop a bullet the user hasn't even seen though. Stopping a bullet, just like stopping a spell, would require a certain amount of planning.

True, you can't catch something you never saw coming... But think about the average person. If you saw something you couldn't explain, you would probably hesitate or freak out. This moment of hesitation is crucial, whether it be to cast a spell or simply move out of the way... And perhaps stop was the wrong word choice. Slow the bullet by messing with velocity, or redirect it slightly... Chronomancy, while forbidden, could be used in this sense to slow the bullet itself or "return" the bullet to the chamber. Magic isn't necessarily all-powerful but when used creatively can accomplish things that might have before been thought to be impossible or impractical.

Those who are more aware of their surroundings would most likely sense something of that nature before it arrives. However, if we're talking snipers or something of the sort.... Well, you're out of luck, bye bye. XD Another good reason to stay hidden.

((Sorry about this long winded stuff. I'm in a particularly talkative mood. Feel free to tell me to shut up any time. XP))

Shut up :P

Yeah, if they were surprised then you'd get an advantage but I have a feeling the people we're going to be dealing with are aware of magic. Chronomancy would pretty much let you do anything you wanted though so it's kinda unfair to compare that. My favourite use of chronomancy is to wait until they've fire the bullet, then freeze time and either turn the bullet around or move the shooter to where I was before stopping time, so the shooter gets hit by his own bullet.

I'm interested is joining. Got room?

Indeed, I'm the prankster type when it comes to messing with time. Good thing we're not allowed to use said magic. XD

I didn't think we'd be dealing too much with the mundane population. Blending in yes, but I thought the fights would remain between witches and warlocks...

Not dealing with the mundane population? Aw, Shiori wanted to slaughter a bunch of innocent bystanders

We are in the modern era, but we can set it up to be in the 20's, perhaps. Otherwise, with magic there isn't too much of a desire for ranged weaponry.

@jeshem There is room.

Before I begin, I have a couple of questions:

Can we have more than one wizard/witch with the same element? I see an astramancer but would like to be one as well.

How many elements can we have? I am assuming only one per character but just wanna make sure.

Am I allowed to be a Maleficarum?

What rank may I start?

@jeshem

We're sticking with one of a kind for now.

Just the one.

You may be a maleficarum, but keep in the role may be innately antagonistic.

Any rank below "Master."

Is it just me or is the rank above Adept but below Master completely unnamed? Looks like it's based on Skyrim's rankings so wouldn't Expert make sense?

Also, since Shiori is new to the Coven, she's ranked right at the bottom but her output is more like that of a high level adept / low level 'expert'.

That's just "Sorcerer" or what have you. It's the first rank for a full member, so you won't attach another prefix for a while.

@AceSorcerer Thank you very much, and I made the changes needed. I looked up photomancy to better understand the magic and the site said something about altering memories, so I ran with it. Glad I have a better understand of it now though.

@WeepingLiberty I'm sure Xena and Layth will, he is surprisingly compassionate in spite of his harsh background.

Seems like GM has made the terms up himself for this one. "photo" is a latin term referring to "light" (EG, Photograph - graph means to display, and photo means light therefore a display made with light)

@Karakui Ah got ya, so I wasn't too far off then? According to the source I found, Ace is correct because it does deal with light, but apparently photomancy can also alter someone's perception of memories or current events. Either way it's cool though.

I suppose if you managed to use the light to hypnotise someone maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.