Favored Roads:
Destruction
Conjuration
Alchemy (potion)

Maleficarum

Appearance:
2.jpg

latest

Short, brown hair. Blue eyes. Hides his face in public.

Height:
6'0"

Weapon 1: The Frost Blade
latest

Weapon 2: Frozen Chain Dagger
687474703a2f2f7777772e776f6f6475732e636f6d2f64656e2f67616c6c6572792f67726170686963732f6477336762632f776561706f6e2f737465656c5f776869702e706e67

Personality or Alignment:
{Neutral Evil}

Crix does not care about others. If aiding them should help his cause, then he will aid them. If harming them should help his cause, then he will harm them

Notable Possessions:
Enchanted blood necklace
Enchanted bottles capable of catching incoming spells for further inspection (the spells must be casted voluntarily. the bottles can only contain the spell. It does not allow Crix to use the spell.)
A magical monocle that allows him to see the workings of magic

Bio:
Luckily for the world, Crix is not a psychopath. He has no wish to burn the world or harm the innocent. Crix is a scholar, seeking out new magics and studying them, trying to find out how it ticks. Unluckily for the world, Crix is currently studying black magic. He had studied and understood the fundamentals workings of soul magic, also known as Necromancy. His attention in now turned to Bloodmancy. In order to perform Bloodmancy, one needs blood. In order to acquire blood, Crix has resorted to murdering and harvesting ordinary, mundane humans. He takes no joy in killing them but merely sees them as stepping stones to discovering the workings of blood magic.

Crix is well known among his coven as a researcher of magic. No one knows of his illegal research and experiments.

Being a warlock himself, Crix generally stands beside his fellow magic casters in the time of conflict. He is not, however, above betraying or abandoning them in order to further his goals.

Last edited:
Since when did blood manipulation exist in this RP?

Also, I know I'm not the GM but personally I feel those spell-catching vials might be incredibly OP depending on how they're used.

Crix is trying to discover if bloodmancy is possible. Sorry if that wasn't clear. Seeing how black magic included necromancy, I thought bloodmancy could fit into the RP.

I think it intentionally could work as a branch off of Cyromancy or Necromancy, of course you'd have to check in with Ace on that one. In terms of the blood vials, they should be okay (Again check with Ace.) as long as you limit their strength and usages.

For example, state something along the lines of how he can only carry a small amount of them at a time or that they can not contain spells with a certain amount of potency. I actually like the blood vial idea, and would love to see it implemented.

I think whether or not they'll work is dependent upon the wording of them. The way I read it is that they can "capture spells", which would then allow him to use the bottles to activate spells belonging to a path he doesn't follow.

Perhaps capture them but not use them for combat... Or maybe can use them, but they are weakened versions of the spell. It could work.

Same coven, I think.

Are we? I put myself as a member of a sect. Haha, but that is a easy change.

Bottles have been updated :glassesslip:

Just got home: I shall analyze the new character.

On another note, the starter is nearing completion.

@jeshem The bottles can stay, but the magic within them needs to be cast voluntarily and cannot be used in combat, merely for study. As for his maleficarum status, I have a few angles that he might fill. Otherwise, you must settle with one version of Alchemy as a Road.

@AceSorcerer ok. Bottle and road updated. I still haven't received an answer on whether I can use a firearm.

Firearms are a big "no." I've known @Karakui long enough to trust her with the proper handling of a canon, however. Feel free to use crossbows and whatnot for ranged weapons, however.

And before I forget, unless you want to have your character pretend to be a Coven warlock your maleficarum may not enter the RP until later on, @jeshem .

And before I forget, unless you want to have your character pretend to be a Coven warlock your maleficarum may not enter the RP until later on, @jeshem .
1. What if Crix keeps his black magic research as a secret?

2. I think I don't really understand what a warlock is. Does warlock refer to all male magic casters or just legal male magic casters?

1. It would depend on how you play him.

2. A warlock is just a male spellcaster.

1. It would depend on how you play him.

2. A warlock is just a male spellcaster.
So just make sure no one finds out about my research and I'm good. Just take people into a corner before violently poking them with sharp objects.​ OK

Reactions: WeepingLiberty
Status
Not open for further replies.