The Warlock King & The Witch Queen: The Grand Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm probably should have held off on editing my CS u til the roads were all figured out.

I thought the auramancy might have worked well with my character's background, especially if you wanted it to be emergency only type magic... But if you remove it, I wont mind. Just let me know.

Hmmm, what about something along the lines of umbramancy since you already have photomancy? And for Auramancy, maybe make it more of a way of scrying or locating something... If you limit it to a certain distance, you could use it like "astral projection". Such a thing would leave the physical body helpless though, which makes it pretty useless in a fight. I dunno, just throwing ideas out there.

Yeah, when I think auramancy I think more along the lines of astral stuff. To me, the idea of auramancy is manipulation of auras, with auras being the projection of mental energy into the physical world - picking up on and using this would result in things like telepathy, emotion manipulation and on the higher end of things, psychic damage and mind control. I'd rather telepathic and mind control abilities didn't exist though for obvious reasons.

This is the kind of thing you'd learn from another person. Still, I think I'm booting auramancy.

Gotcha. I'll give her some other path instead then.

Mkay Shiori's done now.

Conjuration would be the summoning of familiars and beasts to your aid, presumably ones the summoner has made a pact with.

Purely speculation here, but I think it's the creation of something from nothing, like creating a brick wall where there was previously not a brick wall.

oops too late.

What you're suggesting would more be along the lines of transmutation.

Name:
Layth

Path:
Aeromancy

Favored Roads:
Destruction
Awareness
Illusion

Aeromancer

Appearance:
Ookurikara.full.1925100.jpg

Height:
1.80 M

Personality or Alignment:
Chaotic Good
Layth is a stoic individual and to most appears to be stand offish as well as cold. Yes, at times Layth can be painfully blunt and is very to the point in manner of speaking, but he is capable of caring for others... And does so a great deal. Often times Layth is willing to listen to someone's troubles and offer words of encouragement where they are needed.

Weapon(s):
Ryu no Hoshi (Japanese Blade)

Notable Possessions:
Pendant (Worn around neck.)
Haidate (Traditional Japanese waist armor.)
Crimson shawl (Worn underneath Armor.)

Brief Bio:
Layth was born to a Arabic father and Japanese mother in the war torn land of the middle east. Both being respectable magic adepts were members of a well known Coven, elsewhere Layth's life would have been a fairly peaceful one, but here among the sands peace was seldom. Both Layth's mother and father were killed while in combat against a branch of the Maleficarum when Layth was just seven years old near his home. After killing numerous other adepts they began to pillage and take what they'd like to call "rats", people they could use for experiments. Layth was about to become a rat himself before being saved by one of the adepts of the group. The boy had potent energy, and held potential in advancing in his magic ability. That day instead of becoming just a lab rat for the Maleficarum, Layth became a member. Taking Layth in they wiped the boy's mind of his former life using powerful magic so they may have a clean slate to work with.

Layth's studies began right away and the boy proved himself to be quite strong in aeromancy. At the age of ten the boy already found himself doing Maleficarum's field work, establishing himself as a formidable sorcerer and assassin, earning himself the name of Layth (Lion). Though, life took an abrupt halt once Layth began to recall faint memories of his previous life when he grew sixteen. He was unable to make out the details, and to this day still does not remember who he actually is but those distracting thoughts forced the young man to rethink what he was doing... And who he was aligned with. Unable to commit himself to the Maleficarum's cause, Layth managed to get away and for a period of time was struggling with no where else to go. Eventually an established Sect took in Layth, and in spite of knowing about his background kept him. This does not mean he is left alone by members of his own Sect, many see him as a traitor and murderer... Often they call him a beast.

Other:
-Layth will hardly ever be seen without his sword, it could be his assassin background, but he finds it difficult to part with even for a little while.
-In spite of Layth being looked down on by some members of his Sect he views them a family, he understands why they dislike him, but he hardly lets it get to him.
-Layth has a fondness for spicy food.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Telfair FANTASTIC CHARACTER! The only two things I see issue with is that photomancy is controlling light- not memories or mental faculties- and that we are trying to have people take on as many varying elements as possible. As such, I would suggest aeromancy as opposed to sorcery for your character.

I'd be very surprised if there was a character here that didn't have a dark past though. One who had their memories locked, one who incinerated their parents and lived on the streets, one whose hometown burnt down and another whose mother murdered her father then got murdered herself. Nice collection. Well rounded. 2 orphans and 2 experiments.

I'm not even questioning all the chaotics at this point just to see what it will be like since my character appears to be one with most restrained morals so far based off of alignment.

Trying to define someone's personality with chaotic/lawful/true good/neutral/evil is a rather stupid thing to do anyway though in my opinion. The number of times a chaotic neutral character has actually been chaotic neutral for example is close to zero, and it really doesn't tell you much about the person either.

@Karakui That's why I always pair mine with a more detailed description. I feel as if the Chaotic/Neutral/Good... is more of a general outline for people to further elaborate on. I know they have "stereotypes" but no one is ever truly one way or another... Sooooooo.....

Status
Not open for further replies.