The War of Zethrex

Erays made it to a side-observation deck ont eh alliance ship he was on, gazing aroudn at what was happening.

" Aye, gods.." he sighed. " Looks like I'm aimed for Alliance territory..." he said, fidgeting a little. his robes woudl give him away very easily. however, the enchantment on those clothes had saved him a few times before, and he didn't really feel like discarding them. He paused there, looking around at the dying battle.

" War... everflowing.. neverchanging...I hate war... but then.. why is it so easy to kill when the command is given." he said to the sky.

" I ask no forgivness, oh ye divine powers... Truly none of us know who we are today, so how can nobodies ask for somethings?" he sighed and pulled out his Pistol. the old, cracked thing was his favorite weapon. one he had made himself in the Magi palaces of Qortic.

" They forsake me and send me to die.. so now.. I forsake THEM." he growled. he thought about throwing away that pistol... it had so many memories of Qortic and his veritable enslavement to his 'fellow' magi.

As she lay there, Memory looked over at the man. Retreat. Indeed, that was best for him. "Farewell sir, good fight! May you rest well!" she shouted toward him. The woman, coming to her aid, she was smiling at her. Memory's eyes turned from a blood red to normal. In response to the woman an expression of pure joy entered Memory's cute features. Her bloodied face lit up and innocent looking green gleamed in the sunlight. The woman's hair too was covered in blood "Are you okay?" Memories demonic wings faded back into her own body. Smiling, Memory took out some bandage she had picked up from a soldier earlier. The woman looked pretty hurt. It would probably be better for her to use them. Memories demonic wings faded into her body, she had returned into a normal child "I am okay." she paused for a minute as she gathered her strength to sit up "Your master will be wanting you to report. This is a large test they have set for you, otherwise the people whom order you are idiots." just by looking at the situation. Memory could tell by Mila's fighting style that she wasn't a front liner, but she was also much to powerful to be canon fodder. The fact that the woman was on the front line in the first place was most likely a test and the enemy came prepared with a more tactical sword and shield fighter put together with that bright magic, anybody smart enough would put such a man at the front. If the opposite side had any sense at all which by the outcome of the battle they did. They shouldn't have put the woman at the front but rather allowed her to be the one who stands behind the canon fodder. Why Memory could pick all of this up she was unsure...since when have I known so much about war? Trying to think back to her past.

Interrupting her train of thought, another man came out of nowhere, offering help. Looking toward Mila then back at the man Memory smiled "I am okay. My comrade her has been hurt quite badly, Please help her first." gently giving Mila a hug...memory felt safe. For the first time.

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Mila smiled at the soft hug. Neatly she wrapped her arms around Memory and looked up at the man. "I can take care of myself, thank you" she said lowering down to the ground completely sitting. "Little one, shall we run over to the trees to bandage my wounds and get all of the uncomfortable splinters out?" she asked letting go and grabbing the first aid kit and opening it. It was strange how Memory knew about battle tactics and tests but she shrugged it off thinking that she may have read war books. She stood up again and walked towards the tree line and sat on a log. She did a quick assessment, it seemed that the Magi were winning with the cannons they prepared. Nodding to herself she took out the kit again and grabbed small tweezers and began pulling bits and pieces of wood out of her skin. The earlier blast riddled her with shrapnel and she was only able to get the most bothersome pieces out.
while she was pulling splinters out she looked up at Memory "I've realised I have never given you my name." she started "I am Mila, a blood arcane Mage for the circle"[/FONT]

A cry ripped through her throat as agony stripped through her body. Adrenaline surged through her as Frostbite dropped through the air and her mind quickly started to calculate some way to save her ass through the wall of pain. Grunting, she flicked her wrist and a column of water rose from the ocean beneath her. She flicked her wrist once more, and as the column was about to reach her body, the top snowed over to give her a cushion for landing while the rest of the column turned to ice.

Another cry erupted from her as her body made contact. It wasn't the pleasant of landings, but it was better than having her body pummeled by water. She was on her back, knowing full well that she was vulnerable to the Magi. From her position she could see that the Alliance were retreating... It wasn't hard to see why. Surrounding her were burning or sinking ships, and people dying. Corpses floated along the surface of the water. The air was choked by black smoke, and sirens blared from the island. Grappling with her pain and body, Frostbite forced herself into a sitting position. The only way out of this battle was to board one of the Alliance fleets... She would have to get herself up to the skies, while also dealing with her broken hip.

Frostbite curled herself into a tight ball, the snow from the column crawling up her body. In mere seconds, it covered her body like a cocoon and was sealed with a thick layer of ice. She could only imagine what the hell someone from the shoreline would make of her. A ball of ice and snow was what she thought. Bracing herself against the cold and pain, Frostbite moved her body forward. She could feel the ocean beneath her, felt the ships cut into the condensation in the sky...

She fell from the column and as she did a column of water rose to meet her. It was higher than the first one Frostbite conjured and sent her soaring into the air, like a slingshot. When she felt herself fall again, another column shot her up, higher and higher until Frostbite smashed into the deck of the Knight's Lance. Her ice ball was in pieces, and she laid on her backside, shivering uncontrollably.

Women Gavin thought. He could never understood how they cried about small things like skunks and not care about cuts and broken bones sometimes.
"Ok, well if you ne-"
Gavin stopped in his tracks something has talking over him. He didn't know what but it was coming from all angles. He had no idea what was happening, who was this, WHAT was this? He felt a huge power source coming from his robe. No...not the book.
"Yes, me. I have a name you fool."
What the hell? Is the book talking how can this book talk? Gavin stepped back a little holding his head. It felt like it was going to pop.
"AAAAAAAHHHHHGGGGGGG!"
"Oh strength up woman. If you want to weld me any further you have to much stronger."
Gavin feel to his knees cluching his head, his hands practically ripping his hair out. A blast of energy when through his body sending him flying backwards.
"Oh who am I kidding, you can't control me. That's why, I'm going to control YOU."

(Summery: Gavin can't understand women, figured out his book can talk, and want to take over his body. Now when ever Gavin talks red will signify the book taking control, and blue ​as same old Gavin.

Aminta looked down to the ground and saw the ship headed straight for the earth. Fear pushed its way onto her face, "SHhhhh.....AHHHHH." Her voice trailed off into a horrid scream. She could feel the rope cutting into her hands from the death grip she held. What am I going to do? She thought, doubting her abilities because of her fear of heights. Aminta tried to force her mind to work properly, looking back up the ship was completely covered in ice. To her dismay it was starting to travel down her rope, "Oh come on!!!" Her voice held deep anger and hatred for Damien.

She released her grip slightly and slid down the rope, until the very bottom. Her legs dangling freely in the air. Her eyes never left the ice, watching inch closer to her palms. Not even bothering to look down when the cold touched her skin. She simply let go, falling to the earth. It was nearly a two stories, and the sound of a loud crack filled her mind. Her shin bone broke in two, the edges burst through her skin. It even made its way through the fabric of her boot. Blood trickled down her lip as she bite down hard. Trying to swallow the pain that ripped through her. Once she managed to get a grip her eyes shifted around. Hoping deep down a enemy didn't see her fall, no one crossed her sights. Most were frozen in place, Damien clearly wasn't human and if he was....everyone had hell to pay.

Aminta tried her hardest to clear her mind, taking a deep breath she began to pray. Light began to swirl around her upper torso, and began to travel down to her leg. The bone snapped back into place, and started to mend. The edges of flesh and tissue stretched out to the other, clasping together to form a solid pink scar. Her back slipped backwards to lay against the cold soil, her energy was drained nearly completely. "How am I going to get back?" She asked herself aloud, uncaring if any enemy saw her.

A warm feeling filled Memory as Mila hugged her. Then removing the embrace to get out a first aid kit and addressing Memory at the same time. "Yeah, okay." observing the surrounding battle she decided it was probably a good idea. They'd done their part. "It's almost over, there's no point staying." the woman then looked at her stating her name was Mila and that she worked for the Circle of Magi as a blood arcane mage. That meant next to nothing to Memory, she had no idea what the circle of magi was nor did she know what blood magic was but she assumed that was what Mila was using to fight with against the tall man with the shield. "People call me Memory" she paused then looked up at Mila "...You are a magic user of arcane blood for a circle?" Memory drew a picture of a picture of a circle on the ground with an innocent dumbfounded look on her face. The weird man now spoke again but his sentence was cut off. A strange book seemed to talk to the man insulting him every way necessary. Which Memory thought was kinda funny when it sent him flying backwards and ripped the man's hair out. Giggling, Memory looked up at Mila and pointed to what she thought a clown. "What is that idiot doing?"

"You will find what the circle is soon Memory" she said smiling at the little finishing up her wounds and now disinfecting them with a large cloth and a solution. She watched as the girl drew a circle on the ground and laughed. Mila thought she was adorable when she wasn't trying to kill anyone. Quickly she looked up when Memory asked her what the man was doing and she shrugged.
"I have no clue what he is doing, nor do I really care," she said tilting her head in thought. She got up and looked around, the battle was still being fought but the alliance was retreating from their view. It was going to be over soon and once it died down she would report back to the ships and check for damages. Some boats were sinking but most of them stood strong.

Damien made his way over to Aminta, and stood over her as he reached her. He stared down at her, gripping his demonic sword in his right hand. Oddly, he did not slay her right away. Instead, after a long pause of just staring at her blankly, he reached down and scooped her up with his, quite large, left hand, and held her under his arm as if she were luggage. He then started to walk back towards the Magi boats. As he did, his body seemed to relax suddenly, and he began dragging his sword behind him limply while he let his head hang down, looking towards the ground in front of him. He was walking slowly as well, making the trek back to the boats longer than usual.

As a reaction to Memory "You will find what the circle is soon Memory" Mila said to her smiling, after looking up, the woman just laughed for a moment when she looked at Memories circle. Still a little confused but then guessed it was the organization behind Mila's work. Quickly regarding the other man, Memory didn't really care either. Moving herself next to Mila, Memory observed that there were some boats anchored on the shore. Looking up too see if Mila was looking at them, the woman seemed to be in thought. Reaching up, Memory went to take Mila's hand and with cute smile on her face "Do you want to go there?" she pointed at the ships wither her other hand. Ready to go somewhere else.

(OOC: 5uperjun1or - you're allowed to say Memory walked alongside you. Lol I don't want to make life difficult...just wrapping up dialogue >.>)

Sieg stood on the deck, watching the Alliance fleet disappear, a few transport crafts and a scout ship continued in the direction of the Haelin. Seems a few of the other strike teams were successful. Johns was guiding the ship to the rendezvous site, the other patched each other up and ran a quick sweep below decks to make sure there weren't any hidden survivors that could prove a surprise later. Orders were capture unless resistance was presented, but Sieg didn't think there were many, if any, remaining. They were pretty thorough in taking the ship. He'd lost 2, Marco and Biggs, in the assault. Losing people always proved painful, but for the risk of the mission, it was a miracle that's all they lost.
Slowly the exhiliration left his system as his adrenaline died down. It was always the same after every battle. You got used to it. This war was just beginning, and now the Purgers were on the map. It would be interesting to see how things went from here.

Aminta was lost in her own mind, until a sudden change sprang her from her thoughts. It was colder than usual....Damien had found her. She did not have time to even open her eyes. He already lifted her from the ground, and was holding her like bag. Her arms swung back and forth so did her legs, she kept her eyes closed. Trying to seem as if she were passed out, maybe this is what the army needed. Someone on the inside, but how was she going to relay messages. Lifting one lid her gaze shifted to the ground, she stared idly at his feet. If she fought he would probably kill her, so was she suppose to give up.

Her mind raced frantically trying to find a option. There was none, her voice was soft when she spoke. "Where are you taking me?" A shiver whipped through her whole body. Aminta finally realized she had failed, she should of stayed a medic. First day of battle and she already had been captured, being carried around like a rag doll.

KeRahn awoke from his mental rest to see Biggs changing the band-aid on his leg. It was stained a deep blue with his blood with some specks of red on it, most likely from one of his kills. Biggs carefully began wrapping a new band-aid around the wound. He looked up to see KeRahn staring intensely at him.
"I'm changing the band-aid." He stated before looking back down.
KeRahn simply huffed and leaned his head back again, letting him finish his work. He turned his head towards John who was busy piloting the ship. "So, what's next after this?"
Johns shrugged but did not turn behind. "I'm not sure. Now that the Magi and Alliance are more aware of us, I can say for sure it's going to be a little more interesting."
KeRahn huffed again and leaned back. "How long until we get to the rendezvous point?"
"A couple of hours maybe."
Biggs had finished fixing up the wound in the meantime. "Once we get back to base, you should get that wound checked out. A bit deep."
"I've had worse." KeRahn replied gruffly.
KeRahn turned his head again, this time to look out a window. He could see a variety of air-ships riding their ways to their own base. The Purgers would now definitely be known more their enemies and their tactics of surprise probably wouldn't work out as much. In the near future, it was very likely that there would be more battles. They'd most likely be just as intense as this one, if not more. In the future, KeRahn saw himself fighting once more and harder.

He'd be ready for that time. He'd make sure of it.

Mila smiled at Memory as she took her hand. She encased the small hand with in her own before standing and walking towards the ships. Smiling the Mila said "I lived in the circle since I was five, they took very good care of me and taught me many things" she looked at the boats fondly "They're like a family to me" sighing she brought Memory closer to her as the walked through the main battlefield. It was a mess. Bodies were every where. Carefully she stepped over each body she came across and mumbled a short prayer for each of them. She hoped that the divine power would hear her and allow all the souls to go up and join the divine. They made a quick through trip and arrived at the ships.

"The Cards Have Been Dealt.
Place your bets."

The next day

[DASH=blue]
The Magi had returned to Qortic following the end of the battle. They had won. Many of the lesser soldiers and a handful of Automatons were left on Ki'ar to establish a base there, and workers were scheduled to ship out to the island soon to begin construction as well. Taiberius was very pleased with the result of the battle.

Damien had taken Aminta back to Qortic, and tossed her in a cell within the Castle-Fortress's dungeon, after removing all of her equipment and giving her dirty rags to wear. The removing of her gear had not been done gently either. Her cell was lined with spells that inhibit magic from anyone inside it, making any magic abilities that she had completely useless.

The Magi who returned from the battle had been resting up. It was nearly noon now, and though the battle had been won, the war was far from over.
[/DASH]

The Skyfleet returned to the Alliance base in Kalin not long after nightfall after the battle. Moral was low, as they had suffered far more casualties than they had anticipated, on top of losing the battle. Niros had been invaded, and lost part of it's territory. And the Skyfleet, the pride of the Alliance military, had been almost ripped to shreds in mere seconds by the Magi's cannons. New strategies would have to be made. New tech would have to be built. The Skyfleet airships would have to be overhauled, and more would have to be built to replace those that were lost. The Alliance had been dealt a painful blow, but they were not out of this war yet. Their pride was to strong for that. Moral would undoubtedly rise again soon enough, and the Alliance would come back stronger than before. They refused to admit defeat.

Kite and Frostbite were recovering from the battle. Frostbite had been rushed to the military hospital as soon as her ship had landed, along with many other wounded soldiers. The doctors would have to earn their pay for this battle. Frostbite had been treated, and luckily she escaped permanent injury, but she would be out for a while yet. Modern medicine and magic had come a long way in recent years, but even so, she would be in a wheelchair for a few days at least, and crutches for a few days more after that. Kite was lucky he had been wearing his heavy armor. He had only suffered minor injuries and was easily treated, but he was drained, and needed rest.

It was nearly noon, and everyone was granted their rest. Those that managed to survive... had earned that at least.

The Purgers managed to make off with 2 carrier ships, 1 cruiser, 1 scout ship, and surprisingly, a fully in-tact battleship with the name "Angel's Fury" on the side of it. The ships did not come without a hefty price though. They had lost 36 men in the battle, most of whom were killed while taking the Angel's Fury battleship. They had managed to slip away from the Skyfleet undetected at the start of the retreat, using the mass panic to their advantage. They had arrived at their HQ earlier than expected too.

It was nearly noon, and the ships had just landed at the Purger base on the outskirts of a small town in Tarrowdell. The HQ was located under a large mountain in one of Tarrowdell's many mountain ranges, and consisted of a large network of tunnels and caverns, both natural and man-made. The size of the underground caverns was enormous, able to easily fit each ship in a separate cavern. The caverns that had been built to house the airships, were made with huge mechanized doors in the ceiling, which opened up to the surface, allowing the airships to land safely inside and be perfectly concealed from the outside world once the doors were closed.

This was where the bulk of the Purger forces were located, easily thousands of people in the base. They were greeted as heroes by their fellow soldiers at the base, and as they were exiting the ships, they were offered food and drink, and of course medical attention for those who needed it. There was of course a section of the base located away from the sounds of celebration for those who wished to find rest and solitude. Today was a victory for the Purgers, but one that had not come easily.

Erays had taken off his overcoat and tied it around his Waist by the arms sloppily. his scarf hung over his face, and his hat brim stayed low as he walked through the camp.

The abused Magi wandered around, viewing all the 'spoils of war'

" Why did i have to land on an alliance ship.. of all things... still. erays you fool look at this." he spoke to himself, too weary to care. he was sore from the fall he had taken, adrenaline filled hsi body, not yet willing to let him rest. He saw three men standign around a Magi Caster Rifle, prodding it with instruments and tryign to figure out what was wrong with it, why it wouldn't shoot. Erays took this opportunity swiftly.. perhaps he should have kept his fool head down though...

" Blast this bloody Magi tech..Gregor, dont ye know ANYONE who can-" he didn't finish, seeign The tall frame of Erays approach in his ominous scarf adn hat.

"What seems to be the problem Gents?" eh asked. In less than several sentences they would know he was from Qortic.

" It's busted you git, what you think?" the short man said, laughing a little as teh big ogre of a man who spoke before glared at Erays.

" Let me take a look." He said, picking up the weapon... they had been holding it wrogn for one. He hefted the gatling cannon on his shoulder and opened the side panel, swiftly checking all teh calibration fuses.

" Oye there we are. One of the relay points is fused to its neighbor. Here, see this? these send the energy fromt eh core to the firign mechanism. It's charging power, but can't fire without the relays flush." He instructed, layignit down and pullign out a knife. he shoved it inside brashlike adn teh two men flinched, as it made a mechanical sound.

" Uh oh." Erays blinked... The trigger had just loaded.

( Erays is wanderign around the basecamp, finds soem dudes tinkering with new magi guns salvaged fromt eh fight, and fixes one, blowing a hole in an empty crate dangerously close to soem very important people there.)

After sleeping the majority of the way back to what memory knew as Magi. Memory was bouncing off the walls with energy, her hair neatly combed with a shiny pink butterfly clip holding it back and dressed in a little white dress with a a ribbon. Having been separated from Mila, Memory had well and truly gotten herself lost in this big place. As Memory walked through the halls, she saw a lot of guards look at her strangely, one walking up to Memory and seizing her "What is a child doing here? how did you manage to sneak in you little runt?" being held by her waist, Memory starred at the guard and giggled. "I would be dirty if I snuck in here. You look like fun to kill, sir." she said to the man. The man slightly agitated now glared at her "Haven't your parents taught you manners?" he scowled at her. "Parents?" Memory looked quizzically, then rolling one small hand into her fist and slapping it into her palm. "Oh, you mean big people that look after us small people? Ummm, I have no idea if I have parents or not." the guard eyed her suspiciously. "No idea? how can you not know who your parents are?" he was yelling at her. Starring into the mans eyes innocently she said "I've lost my memories. All I know was I ended up in a war, found Mila. Fought some guy with her and now I am here talking to you and getting yelled at because you can't keep your temper" she said curtly trying to annoy the man, it seemed to be working. "Why you little!"

One of the lower ranking military officers who happened to be near the crate that was blown up was knocked to the ground from it. He got up quickly yelling "WHAT THE FUCK!" as he did, and looked around for the culprit. A group of soldiers were looking from him to Erays, making it obvious who was to blame. The officer approached Erays, looking furious.

"What the hell do you think you're doing!? You could have killed someone!"

He glanced down at the gun in front of him, and noticed that it was one of the few Magi weapons they had managed to acquire, but had been unable to figure out.

"And who the hell got this thing working?"

He looked back to Erays, and after a short pause, putting 2 and 2 together, he spoke again, in a slightly calmer, though still irritated tone.

"It was you wasn't it?"

"uhm. y-yes sir... The.. the damn thing was broken from being assembled hastily. there was sodder melted where it shouldn't have been..." he said, trying to sound less smart than he was.

'oh hell... military man.. oh HELL... way to make waves, Bathos...' he cussed silently to himself with a nervous but stoick face at the officer.

[DASH=white]Before the battle...

The Magi-Scientists were given special facilities underneath HQ to conduct their research. It wasn't very fancy, just enough to get their work done. Archmage Taiberus wasn't one to squander on meaningless things... The research facility was more or less a tunneled out area, and some of the more dangerous areas were fortified with stone. Day in, day out, the researchers came, almost enslaved. Most of them were very power hungry but there were others who were forced into the labor. These the guards watched closely... It wasn't long before they had found uses for the distrustful.

Tossed in a corner and collecting dust was a large collection of books. Holy books. These became the cornerstone of the scientists' research. But soon - for some reason - the books were tossed to the side. Forgotten or perhaps not needed. In another area of the facility where security was at its tightest, was a woman. Her name is Vashji. She sits cross legged in the center of the room, head bowed. Naked, she has lines and runes written in blood all over her body and her lips move in a murmured chant. There are runes written on the stone floor as well, and closing the runes was a circle made out of eyeballs. The eyes are looking at Vashji, many still covered in blood and some with the optic nerves still attached. As she chants, the eyes slowly revolve until they stare at a corner of the room. At this time, Vashji awakes from her trance, and smiles serenely.

"It's at Ki'ar," she says, triumphantly. "We must get Ki'ar."
[/DASH]