The War of Zethrex

Sethex kept bombarding Gareth with dark energy, and his smirk got even bigger as the beam started to push in his favor. But he noticed something a bit strange. One of the energy sparks from the beam wasn't dissipating like it should. It was moving up the beam towards him. He didn't have time to think about what it might be, only that it just wasn't right. He suddenly stopped his flow of dark energy and turned, leaning to the side to allow Gareth's beam to pass by him.

"You little..."

He then send a ball of dark energy into the air, purposely missing Gareth. Once it past by him, the ball of dark energy would suddenly change direction and fly back towards Gareth in order to hit him in the back.

The Magi officer paused for a moment as Gavin finished speaking, then replied in a slightly calmer, but slightly confused tone.

"I don't know what you're playing at, but you sounds like you're from the past or something. The only "Elders" today are the ones that make up the inner counsel of Magi. We haven't used that term in years. If you're talking about a member of the Circle, and not just a soldier, then you'll have just as much luck finding one out here as anyone else. Far as i know, all of the circle members are out on the battlefield helping to lead the attack. And what the hell is someone from the Black Transcript doing out here anyways? Last i heard, Taiberius had all of the Transcript circles repurposed.

The energy snake traveling along the beam was only a disguise and the beam was only being used as the medium. It could travel in air, and now that both beams were gone - Gareth had stopped his in order to not attract the snake the snake now shot towards the closest store of energy. Sethex. As it no longer had any medium to travel through it moved faster in Its need to consume energy and exist.

When Sethex had fired the ball at Gareth, he had forgotten one thing. Gareth had conjured a barrier that absorbed energy at the very start of the battle, no? The dark ball took Gareth by surprise, and the energy that coursed through him sucked the breath out of him, having not been given time to prepare. Gareth didn't manage to focus the energy in time and thus had to send it out immediately as a shockwave around his body, albeit a weak one.

Successfully, the man managed to defend. A large blast reacting to the magic of Memory and her opponent. It sent her flying back to the ground. Her body quickly noticed it was in the air and falling, reacting naturally it twisted as she flung body to spin, landing gracefully. Recovering quickly, Memory briefly noted the masses of falling soldiers and then turned back to her opponent. Memory's demonic aura getting ever stronger as seconds past. She looked at her shadowed arm. There was a scratch - Blood. Still aware of her opponent in front of her, she only looked at him, her black eyes faded back into a poison green, her blood lust had calmed but her cold demeanor grew and the air grew cold. Memory walked slowly toward him, the earth behind her charred by her burning power as she stepped. Taking her arm to her mouth she drank the blood from her wound. "Please don't forget sir, no matter what reason you choose to fight and justify yourself for killing. You too are a murderer, your face says it all." although she smiled her tone was as cold as ice, it would send a shiver down any man's spine. Voids of emotion were nothing to her. Memory re-arranged her thoughts. I am a messenger nothing more, my purpose. Not love, no. Hate, neither. No loyalty remained within her to anybody. Although penetrating, Memories eyes were devoid of emotion. They say that the eyes are the window to the Soul, but Memory had none. It was just an illusion. The darkness of her pitch aura began to grow, inheriting colors of crimson and royal blue. The black earth disintergrating under Memory's feet began to spread rapidly. Memory drew a dagger as she began to approach, one of for offense. The other to defend herself. Target, locked. Infernal Rage, depleted. Mercy, none.

I looked and the officer, feeling like I'm about to fall over. How could this happen? I thought Transcripts were important to the Magi no adept can learn magik with out transcripts but sooner or later all the books and scroll will be destroyed.

"How could this happen!?" I screamed at the officer. I felt my book, this book is going to turn up important, I must keep it away from anyone with power. "I need to find my father. Where we're the Black Transripts relocated to!?" I stepped away knowing the officer might not want to so close to me. I must be crazy looking to him. I seem crazy to myself! Why am I looking for my father!? He is the one that cast me out after all! Maybe I should seek out one of these "Inner Circle" members. They must know. "Tell me where one of these Inner Circle members is, one that will know lots."

My back straightens up to show authority over these Magi. Maybe if i act like its urgent I might find one faster. I have to find one I need knowledge. Oh god Im turning into my father. I let out a long sigh.

Siegfried squeezed the trigger, Frostbite Doe in his crosshairs; Jag's small explosive went off in the corridor; the explosion rocked the entire ship debris flew everywhere as the ceiling and walls were ripped clean from their base, leaving the stairwell they were in exposed to air.
The explosion sent Sieg's shot way off mark, lowering his weapon, right arm desperately grabbing what remained of a wall for support so he wouldn't tumble down the stairwell behind or be swept over the edge of the ship.
"Jag, what the fuck was in that charge?!"
The wind at this altitude ripped against them. Sieg peered over the wreckage and watched the Alliance mage in a daze get swept over the edge. Jag replied,
"That charge was supposed to not much more than a loud pop, I don't have a clue what happened Boss."
Sieg looked around at the other ships, realization slowly dawning on him. Grey reported over the comm,
"The magi fired some sort of super weapon, sent the neighboring ship crashing into the Haelin, you guys alright up there? Siegfried, Tysuva?"
"Marco's dead, Alliance mage got him before the Magi strike."
Siegfried swore a bit, before motioning to Jag and clambering over the damage, "Plan still goes, hopefully this new surprise will leave what little crew remains onboard a bit shaken. Jag and I are going to take out the intraship comm system, Tysuva, get your team and secure the command bridge, time is short, folks."
Jag and Sieg crossed the deck quickly to the stern comm station. The deck was fairly deserted now. It seems top deck with no cover was a bad place to be when another airship crashes into you.

(Summary: shit just got real, Frostbite took up flying lessons, Marco's confirmed dead, Sieg and Jag en route to stern comm station, Kaz learned 'aft' means rearward of ship inside the ship and 'stern' means rearward of ship exposed to air)

"Wedge, cover me!" KeRahn commanded, shooting from behind some large debris. His leg was now patched up; the bleeding was worse than he thought and KeRahn didn't want to pass out in the field of battle. Wedge nodded at him and went to give him some cover...when suddenly something exploded.
"What the fuck?!" KeRahn yelled, turning his head towards the sound of explosion. Chunks of ship and metal rained down yet again. KeRahn scrambled to get out of the way of an oncoming piece. It landed hard near where he was sitting, right on Wedge.
"Wedge!" Biggs cried out, running towards the now settled ship piece. KeRahn grabbed the back of his suit and held him back.
"Biggs, he's a dead man now! Make sure you don't end up like him." He threw him aside and jumped to one side, avoiding another chunk of debris. KeRahn looked up and saw the Alliance ship fleets almost completely destroyed by the shot. It got to him who had fired it--The Magi.
"Hell..." KeRahn growled, assessing the damage. That was one helluva shot.
"Tysuva, comm!" Johns said, pointing to the comm at KeRahn's thigh. KeRahn grabbed it and activated it. He was greeted by the voice of some men in Siegfried's squad. The connection was a bit weak, leaving some sounds of static and moments of silence.
"...Siegried, Tysuva?"
"Your signal is weak." KeRahn said into the comm.
"...S...ke....Tysuva, get your team and secure the command bridge, time is short, folks." The connection had cleared and clear words began to stream out of the comm.
"Alright." KeRahn clipped the comm back onto his thigh. He looked at Johns and Biggs, the latter of which was staring forlornly at the large ship piece that had claimed the life of his friend. "C'mon, we're going to the command bridge. We need to secure it."
His team nodded and followed him and they jogged towards their destination.

Kite's expression of rage didn't change as he listened to the little devil speak, and his voice sounded very angry and vicious as well.

"I know who and what i am. I don't need some monster like you to try and tell me that. It makes no difference and i will not second guess my actions here. I may be a murderer... But some people just need to DIE for the world to be a better place! And it would be my great pleasure to put a monster like you down. You may have been an innocent child once... But you're nothing but another obstacle in my path now.

His light energy continued to charge in his left hand, getting stronger and stronger with every moment that went by. It wasn't just light energy either, it was infused with holy magic as well. Most people thought that the 2 were one and the same, but there was a distinct difference, and the same went for dark and demonic energy as well. And lucky for him, it seemed that holy energy was one of the weaknesses of both of his opponents.

"So come and get it if you think you can take it!"

Sethex held his position as the shockwave was sent out. He noticed that the energy snake was still coming though, and he had a feeling of what it might do if it managed to reach him. Quickly, he formed a basketball sized orb of dark energy in his hand, and used it to attract the energy snake to it. Once it had connected to it to feed on the energy, he took a moment to examine and realize exactly what it was and how it worked. Luckily, he had been right. He then looked to Gareth and smirked again.

"How about you absorb this!"

Sethex threw the orb of dark energy with the snake attached to it at Gareth. Hopefully he would be to busy recovering from the recoil of absorbing and expelling his previous attack to avoid it. But even if he did manage to avoid it, the orb would explode once it reached the ocean below, and destroy the energy snake along with it.

The officer raised a brow at Gavin, still quite confused as to what exactly was going on with him.

"They weren't relocated, just repurposed. They can still be found back at Nexus in Qortic, but they serve Taiberius now, instead of helping new mages."

He paused for a moment to let Gavin take that part in, and then spoke again.

"You won't find any inner counsel members here. They're all back in Nexus too. The only true members of the Circle of Magi that are here are out on the battlefield, like i said. But i doubt they'd be very willing to stop and talk to you about anything during a major battle. Your best bet is most likely to just sit here and wait until we return to Qortic. You can figure this all out then."

Aminta hands started to drip blood from the grip she held. The sharp metal edges of the ship cut deep into her palms, but to her dismay everything grew cold again. Her eyes shifted to Damien, he was freezing the freaking sheep. "Oh come on....." She said through a desperate sigh, this man doesn't know when to quit. She thought deep inside her mind, one hand after the other tried to find a jagged edge to climb away from the freezing pattern. She refused to be killed today, especially by that thing far below her.

Aminta waited for the ships engine to cut off, and let it fall to the ground. Deep down she hoped at the last minute she would be able to jump off and hit the ground with little injuries, but she highly doubted that. The sound of sputtering could be heard, a small hiss escaped her lips. The engine lines were starting to freeze, and soon they would be falling to earth. Finding a swinging rope she grabbed onto with one hand. "When the ship goes down I will swing to safety." Aminta said through a sarcastic laugh, the self belief was barely there. She already knew both her legs could get broken, and Damien could be on her in seconds......

I need to go.

Having recovered from the recoil of the absorption and expulsion of the energy Gareth looked at his own energy snake get encased in a ball of dark energy and sent towards his body. Instead of absorbing the dark energy again - It was an unpleasant feeling and Gareth was not interested in trying it out once again he simply redirected it by allowing it to glance off a physical barrier that he made. However, Gareth motioned with a hand that caused the energy snake to fly out at his command, and he sent it off in the same direction as the redirected energy ball - Towards an advancing Magi ship.

The energy ball would collide with the ship and do whatever damage it was supposed to do and the energy snake .. Hm. Let's just say the Magi on the ship are in trouble unless they know what it can do, and so is all the Magic powered equipment aboard that ship.

Gareth then cast his magic towards his right hand, feeling the bitter taste of having to reteat in his mouth. The Alliance had their tables suddenly turned from them and he had to run, if he did not want to be caught. The magic acted like a magnet towards the photons in the air and gathered them all in his palm, before he threw it out and it exploded as a bright flash of light.

In the moment of confusion that would follow Gareth sped off in the direction of the retreating Alliance, flames erupting from both his hands and jet-propelling him aboard one of the Alliance ships.

Summary: Redirected ball and snake to a random Magi ship, effects are up to whoever is on the Magi's side to Rp. Threw a magic powered flashbang and ran. Not sure which ship I land on. Whoever rps me landing on their ship will be that ship I guess.

I took a deep breath reminding myself that patience is a good virtue to always have. I spun around and walked up towards the bridge of the ship to ge a better view of what's happening. Wreckage every where, ships falling from the sky, some sinking quickly into the ocean. How could this happen since I was gone? Why did this happen? As much as he hated the Alliance and Purgers, why go to war with them? My book could give me an answer but I don't want to open it. I sigh, its the only thing I could really do right now is open the book.

"What to do, what to do." I said to myself in question. I reached in to my robe and pulled out the book. I have to open it. I must be crazy. With the I opened the book, very slowly though. When the book was opened, a Black ball shot from it and floated in from or my face. "the hell is this?" I said reaching my hand up to grab it.

As soon as my hand grabbed it a huge energy wave or magic blasted out from it sending my flying into the water. The ship i was on went flying into the air. All of the Magi that were on the ship were now air born. "FFFFuck...." I said to myself with a small chuckle, "I just had to open the book, and grab a random Black ball didn't I?" I looked back up and the ship started to fall back down, as well with the Magi. "Oh shit oh shit oh shit!" I screamed when I realized the ship was coming at ME! I spun around and start swimming, as faster then anyone has seen. "shit, shit, shit, SHIT!"

After a brief fire-fight the Haelin's stern comm station was secured. The Alliance were scattered and in low spirits after the Magi's cannon attack and the collision of the other ship. Jag was busy at work installing the bomb in the comm bank. Detonating it would cut the bridge's ability to communicate with the rest of this ship and leave them isolated. It would also allow then to control the ship themselves. While Jag was busy Sieg stood guard at the door.
"Ready boss."
"Let's move."
They ran out onto the deck and moments later an explosion and the comm bank was little more than a pile of smoking rubble.
Objective complete. Soon as the bridge is taken, we can fly out of here, and the Purgers with have a new... slightly used... attack class airship.
Sieg looked through the air at the remaining fleet. He wandered how the other strike teams faired. If all went well the Purgers would be up a few transports and cargo craft as well. A small object crossed his field of vision, he quickly realized it was the Haelin's escape vessel. It propelled itself toward a neighboring Alliance ship. Siegfried stared in disbelief.
"What the hell is that?"
"Well you see, Boss... down in the escape bay, after I finished prepping the charges for the comm bank, I sorta planted several explosives on the escape craft, sorta a surprise, you see?"
He watched it glide towards the neighboring fleet vessel.
"So it's really just like a giant air torpedo now."
"Jag... anyone ever tell you you're insane?"
"Plenty of times boss, but then again, I do work with explosives for a living."
Sieg shook his head grinning as he watched the bomb laden escape craft drift closer to the Alliance airship.
"Damn good job."
The craft exploded on the ship's hull like a massive fireball.
"Fucking crazy, but a good job."

(Summary: Almost done. Soon as KeRahn claims the bridge, the ship is ours and we can go home. Also, Jag is nuts, in a good way.)

Mila stood there with her staff at the ready, she saw the light energy in his hand as soon as the cannons exploded. Looking up she saw bodies falling to the ground. The bodies hit with a splat to the ground. A young woman fell right beside Mila and sprayed her with blood. Cringing she at the almost impact the blood soaked into her skin and clothes charging a power deep inside her. The demonic power of the girl was calling for her blood magic and that's what she will get. Mila has no qualms about sharing her powers with those visibly more powerful than her. She watched the two interact quickly and whispered a short incantation. Mila's body lurched as power started to drain from her core. The red and purple magic swirled in the air quickly before encompassing her target, the little girl. The magic was seeping into the pores of the girl and the cloud dissapeared quickly. She knelt down and grabbed a vial of strength replenisher and stood up again. She knew she can't attack anymore only defend so Mila stood in a defensive stance staff in both hands.

Erays stodo up, groaning and holdign his ribs, his weapons survived intact, lucky for him... or maybe not so lucky if someone lookign like him with all those weapons was found on the still working alliance ship.

Erays Started wandering throguth eh hall, not aware he still Had MAgi Seal enscribed on a patch on his sleeve.

A force came toward Memory, she felt power seeping into her. It was bliss, like a can of water rejuvenating a pot of thirsty flowers. It fed her inner demon's ambition and her own. Smiling at the man's speech, he gave himself another reasoning to murder. "Very well sir. Xyn, we don't have to hold back anymore. This is our enemy... he insulted me. Please unleash your undead fury" the demon's black pupils took over briefly and male's voice escaped through Memory's lips "An enemy, little girl? Good...You pissed of the wrong little girl, Mr. I'm so righteous. Haha what a fool." Memory continued walking toward the man, her eyes then returned to normal. The power of both Nyx and the Woman was now with her. A set of demonic wings grew out of the Memory's back, large and strong like that of a dragon; the outer skin made of thick scales. As for her eyes and instead of black a deep black - they eyes turned into a bloody crimson red that poured seeping tears of blood. This was the fusion of the combine power of the blood magic and the demon, the cold air became colder and colder as her power kept growing...stop? no. This was too much fun! Memory then jumped into the air, flapping her demonic wings and flew at the man, both her and her weapons encased in magic. The sword ready to block and the dagger strike. Swooping down Memory attempted to strike the man, intending to kill.

Sethex was blinded momentarily by the flash, but he didn't intend to give chase anyways. He look up towards Gareth as he flew away, and shouted out to him.

"We'll meet again! And next time, there won't be any place for you to run!"

He watched as the Magi ship below took the hit, and was attacked by the energy snake. Sethex did nothing to help them, only smiling as he watched the destruction. Shortly after, he made his way down towards another Magi ship. The battle had already been won.

Kite had been charging his holy energy for a while now, but unfortunately, Mila had gotten smart and gave a large chunk of her power to the little girl. That would make his counterattack less lethal than he had intended, but it would still pack a punch. As Memory came down at him to strike, Kite swung his left hand towards her and unleashed all of the holy energy that he had been charging, launching a holy blast that was bigger than Memories entire body directly at her from nearly point blank.

Had Mila not given Memory her power, the blast would probly have been enough to at least incapacitate her. But even so, it would still be enough to send her flying back with a good deal of holy shock to deal with. Unfortunately, it would also leave Kite considerably drained. After he unleashed the blast, and assuming it would hit, he would sheath his blade and look to his left wrist, then press a few button on a panel in the armor, preparing to make his escape.

Already KeRahn and his team were bounding towards the command bridge on the ship, killing any stragglers they happened to find. It must've been a strange sight to the crew. What looked like a giant human lizard jumping up and raining hell on them. Eventually they cornered the pilot, who was cowering in a corner.
"Don't hurt me! I've done nothing!" He cried out, pleading for his life.
KeRahn pointed his gun at him and shot him with no hesitation. After that, he went over to the piloting board and grumbled into his comm. "Alright Sieg. We've secured the command bridge. Let's haul ass out of here."
Biggs was still distraught over the death of Wedge. Johns tried to comfort him.
"It's alright..he died a brave man." He said gently, patting the other man's soldier.
"I just...can't believe he's gone." Biggs stared at his calloused hands.
KeRahn breathed a huff of annoyance. He walked back over to the corner and picked up the corpse of the pilot. He threw the body aside, letting it land with a loud smack onto the ground. KeRahn than settled into the corner, easing his his head into the crevice and crossing his arms over his chest. The battle pretty much over, his quills had relaxed and were now idly limp.
"I'm gonna rest a bit. Wake me up at your own risk." He growled before tilting his head back and closing his eyes. But he wasn't sleeping.

As Memory approached the man, swooping down to attack his magic went to attack her "Nyx" she whispered. From one hand, the girl quickly threw a demonic dagger at the man, aiming toward his chest. Upon hit the would also be painful. It would not be enough to kill, however it would be enough to weaken significantly. And the other, Summoning the dark energy from within her, through her sword she channeled an unholy energy toward the man's hand, maybe she could cut it off. Her magic the same size as the figure that stood before her if not only a little bit bigger. The man's attack was powerful, but so was hers. On normal basis, if memory's magic were to hit, the unholy energy would usually disintegrate a human into ashes. However, because of the holy blast the power was significantly lessened and countered her enemy's holy magic. As the two magics collided a large blast appeared that had the impact to knock both of them back and cause a small wound.

Damien continued freezing the Flagship, until the entire thing was frozen solid. It began to fall from the sky like a rock, and soon it hit the island with a loud crash. Once it fell, Damien stopped firing the beam, and simply stood there watching as it hit the ground. The people left on the ship were frozen in place with it, holding whatever posture they were in at the moment they froze. However, once it was done, Damien kept standing there, without moving. He simply continued to stare at it as the battle around him was dying down.

Kite was hit by both the dagger and the sword, being unable to move due to performing his attack. Both strikes cut into him, but again, he was saved from severe damage by his heavy armor, which prevented his hand from being cut off, but not from being cut into. As the explosion occurred between both of their attacks, he was sent flying backwards, and the force of the explosion being so great, sent him tumbling along the ground as well, until finally he stopped, laying on his back a good distance away from the 2 girls. Weakly, he pulled the dagger from his chest, the tip of which was covered in his blood. The armor had stopped it from puncturing anything vital, and he left hand was bleeding through the slits in his armor that were made by the sword.

He slowly got up to his feet, staggering a bit and trying not to fall over again, but he managed to regain his composure after a few moments. He looked to the girls, and shook his head. He knew he couldn't beat them, not without help. Had he only faced one of them, it may have been different, but continuing to try at this point was suicidal. After pressing a few buttons on his left forearm armor, he looked up towards the skyfleet, taking in the beating it had taken. He hated the thought of retreat, but he knew that he would get a chance to kill those monsters again.

Vents on his back and on the back of his legs flared up with thrust, and he took off into the sky, flying up to the battleship Knight's Lance. Once on deck, he fell to his knees weakly, and tried to make his body relax, a feat that would not be achieved easily.

Mila quickly ran over to where the little girl landed and proceeded to check if she needed aid. She stop when she noticed Kite stand up and shoot off into the sky "Dammit he got away" she said mostly to herself. She turned back to the girl and smiled thanking her and her demon. If they hadn't dropped in she most likely would've been killed by the man in the large armor after loosing that much energy. She was spent and she wasn't used to combat after dropping off the face of the earth for several years. She slicked her blood covered hairback and and asked "Are you okay?" as she scoped the surrounding area.

Gavin finally reached an island with some Magi looking people on it finishing up some fights. He sees a random girl falling from the sky and land on the island.
"The hell was that?"
He said to himself in shock. When the girl laded on the ground another girl runs over to her and looks like she is trying to aid her. Gavin runs over and sees what help can be done.
"Hey...uh...did you just fall from the sky little lady?"
He realizes he probably shouldn't have said anything but hey need help, oh well so much for first impressions. He coughed a crouched down.
"Eh hem, I mean are you hurt any? Maybe I could help, I have some bandages in my coat some where."
He reaches into his coat and feels around for bandages just in case.