The walking Dead

Jack continued to watch the two strangers threaten each other from the roof. He hoped calm heads would prevail...for everyone's sake.

Come on guys...I'm sure you've seen more than enough pointless death too...

In the end, he didn't know these people and if they decided to do something stupid, he was fairly certain his own safety wouldn't be threatened but deep down he continued to hold onto the hope that people could still manage some sort of humanity in the nightmare the world had become. Lost in his thoughts, Jack found himself staring unconsciously at the woman's dog. In some distant part of his mind he realized the dog was staring back at him. Silly dog... Then as if rising to the surface of a body of water from some dark depth, he snapped back to the present as he found that his eyes had migrated from the dog to the woman and she, having followed the gaze of her dog, was looking up at him.

Frick!

Once again he slipped his head out of sight from the street. There was no question she had seen him this time. Now what? What if things did go bad? What if she was crazy? What if she liked to sic that dog on more than walkers? What if...The dog barked loud and fierce. Was that because of him? His thoughts of safety were starting to show a little wear at the edges now. His heart began beating faster causing his mind to race along with it. As his blood flow and adrenaline began to increase so did the rest of his senses. He started breaking out the sounds of an increased number of walkers down in the street. A lot of them.

A herd must've passed through here last night and left some stragglers.

He hoped it wasn't so many walkers that he'd have to leave his make shift nest. It'd been a nice four days up here. Although he didn't want to take the chance of reinforcing his presence in the girl's mind, he had to risk another glance over the side and assess the situation he could hear developing. When he did he was surprised at the number of strays but thankfully not overwhelmed. This was not the most walkers he'd encountered in one place since the world changed. Not by a long shot. But still it would require some precaution on his part. And more on the part of the two strangers below. This could get ugly quick. Real quick.

Come on you two...move. Do something. You were ready enough to take action toward each other a minute ago...Do something!

Thankfully, they did. They entered the building. His building.

Ahhh balls...

They sure as hell better not bring that swarm into his building and mess up the good thing he had going. He wasn't exactly stoked that they were choosing his building but he also couldn't blame them either...and he was glad they might make it out of there...however they did it.

They must have gotten inside and closed the door to the street behind them because he could hear the walkers piling up at the door and the way their groans changed ever so slightly when they were mad and frustrated by an obstacle.

Good for them...and me I guess. Now what?

Jack held his head still, straining his ears and trying to focus them on what was going on inside the building below him. It was worthless. All he could hear was the disgruntled swarm of biters on the street.

Shut up, morons.

He walked over to the door that led to roof to see if he could pick sounds up from the stair case. Doing his best impression of a ninja he crept slowly toward the door, his body tense in the attempt to devote every bit of his consciousness to hearing. When the door banged against the chain he almost crapped himself.

BALLS! Balls balls balls balls balls!

The door banged again. Someone or something was testing his chain. Deep from within the building he began to hear moans. That was obviously a walker. Closer to the door however, he heard a dog's low growl and the sound of a blade's edge exhaling as it exited some kind of sheath. Moments later he heard the sickening crunches and gulps of blades entering only once-dead skulls and brains. He was at a decision point. Did he sit there waiting to see what happened, perhaps damning the girl in the process or did he go against his personal survival instinct and put himself at some level of peril. He could hear her swinging in the narrow stairway. *crunch...shhhhkkk* *crack...splat...shhhhhk* He listened to her split four or five walkers just outside the door.

It's probably just a couple dozen or so walkers from the floors I left behind. She can probably take care of herself. She probably doesn't want any help. What if her dog mistakes me for a walker and snacks on my Adam's apple? What if she's a psychopath? What if she's just a crazy nut job of a chick?

Some part of him wanted to believe that any one of those possibilities warranted inaction on his part. But another part of him, the real part of him, the part of him that the other survival part of him tried so hard keep alive, this part of him knew that he never really had a choice at all. Reaching into the neck of his shirt he pulled out the lock's key and slid the shoe string from around his neck and put it into the lock. With his other hand he reached down and picked up the cricket bat he always staged next to the door "just in case."

"Hey! Hey! I'm going to open the door. Be ready to get in here immediately. And make sure your dog doesn't mistake me for a walker! And don't do anything stupid. Alright!? Ok...1...2...3!"

With the last preparatory count, he turned the key causing the lock to spring open with an audible pop. Pulling hard on the handle he yanked the door open violently as the chain clinked it's way free and fell onto the pebbled roof. With cricket bat in hand he yelled at the hacking girl...

"Hurry hurry hurry!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack continued to watch the two strangers threaten each other from the roof. He hoped calm heads would prevail...for everyone's sake.

Come on guys...I'm sure you've seen more than enough pointless death too...

In the end, he didn't know these people and if they decided to do something stupid, he was fairly certain his own safety wouldn't be threatened but deep down he continued to hold onto the hope that people could still manage some sort of humanity in the nightmare the world had become. Lost in his thoughts, Jack found himself staring unconsciously at the woman's dog. In some distant part of his mind he realized the dog was staring back at him. Silly dog... Then as if rising to the surface of a body of water from some dark depth, he snapped back to the present as he found that his eyes had migrated from the dog to the woman and she, having followed the gaze of her dog, was looking up at him.

Frick!

Once again he slipped his head out of sight from the street. There was no question she had seen him this time. Now what? What if things did go bad? What if she was crazy? What if she liked to sic that dog on more than walkers? What if...The dog barked loud and fierce. Was that because of him? His thoughts of safety were starting to show a little wear at the edges now. His heart began beating faster causing his mind to race along with it. As his blood flow and adrenaline began to increase so did the rest of his senses. He started breaking out the sounds of an increased number of walkers down in the street. A lot of them.

A herd must've passed through here last night and left some stragglers.

He hoped it wasn't so many walkers that he'd have to leave his make shift nest. It'd been a nice four days up here. Although he didn't want to take the chance of reinforcing his presence in the girl's mind, he had to risk another glance over the side and assess the situation he could hear developing. When he did he was surprised at the number of strays but thankfully not overwhelmed. This was not the most walkers he'd encountered in one place since the world changed. Not by a long shot. But still it would require some precaution on his part. And more on the part of the two strangers below. This could get ugly quick. Real quick.

Come on you two...move. Do something. You were ready enough to take action toward each other a minute ago...Do something!

Thankfully, they did. They entered the building. His building.

Ahhh balls...

They sure as hell better not bring that swarm into his building and mess up the good thing he had going. He wasn't exactly stoked that they were choosing his building but he also couldn't blame them either...and he was glad they might make it out of there...however they did it.

They must have gotten inside and closed the door to the street behind them because he could hear the walkers piling up at the door and the way their groans changed ever so slightly when they were mad and frustrated by an obstacle.

Good for them...and me I guess. Now what?

Jack held his head still, straining his ears and trying to focus them on what was going on inside the building below him. It was worthless. All he could hear was the disgruntled swarm of biters on the street.

Shut up, morons.

He walked over to the door that led to roof to see if he could pick sounds up from the stair case. Doing his best impression of a ninja he crept slowly toward the door, his body tense in the attempt to devote every bit of his consciousness to hearing. When the door banged against the chain he almost crapped himself.

BALLS! Balls balls balls balls balls!

The door banged again. Someone or something was testing his chain. Deep from within the building he began to hear moans. That was obviously a walker. Closer to the door however, he heard a dog's low growl and the sound of a blade's edge exhaling as it exited some kind of sheath. Moments later he heard the sickening crunches and gulps of blades entering only once-dead skulls and brains. He was at a decision point. Did he sit there waiting to see what happened, perhaps damning the girl in the process or did he go against his personal survival instinct and put himself at some level of peril. He could hear her swinging in the narrow stairway. *crunch...shhhhkkk* *crack...splat...shhhhhk* He listened to her split four or five walkers just outside the door.

It's probably just a couple dozen or so walkers from the floors I left behind. She can probably take care of herself. She probably doesn't want any help. What if her dog mistakes me for a walker and snacks on my Adam's apple? What if she's a psychopath? What if she's just a crazy nut job of a chick?

Some part of him wanted to believe that any one of those possibilities warranted inaction on his part. But another part of him, the real part of him, the part of him that the other survival part of him tried so hard keep alive, this part of him knew that he never really had a choice at all. Reaching into the neck of his shirt he pulled out the lock's key and slid the shoe string from around his neck and put it into the lock. With his other hand he reached down and picked up the cricket bat he always staged next to the door "just in case."

"Hey! Hey! I'm going to open the door. Be ready to get in here immediately. And make sure your dog doesn't mistake me for a walker! And don't do anything stupid. Alright!? Ok...1...2...3!"

With the last preparatory count, he turned the key causing the lock to spring open with an audible pop. Pulling hard on the handle he yanked the door open violently as the chain clinked it's way free and fell onto the pebbled roof. With cricket bat in hand he yelled at the hacking girl...

"Hurry hurry hurry!"
Valen was about to break down the door (more like attempt to) when a voice called through it, telling her to get ready and to make sure Calico didn't mistake them for a walker, a smirk blooming on her lips at the remark about Calico. She gave one last look down the stairs before she whistled for the German Shepard to come close as the thick chain that had barred her way fell heavily to the ground. Her savior was armed with a cricket bat and was urgently telling her to hurry, she understood why of course as the moans at her back became louder and louder. She rushed into the sunlight with Calico on her heels, losing her balance on the uneven ground and landing harshly on her ass. She blinked as her eyes adjusted and was met with the sight of the boy who had saved her.

"Calico, down."

Her canine companion had begun to growl at the guy before them, probably thinking what she was. Could he be trusted? Granted he did just save their lives, but in this world one couldn't be too careful. Nonetheless, Calico obeyed and sat, the occasional growl leaking from his closed maw. Valen brought her eyes back to the boy and watched him carefully, her hand reaching for the machete she'd dropped when she tripped, slowly bringing it closer and sheathing it.

"Thanks...."

She felt a little awkward, being strangers and all, but she had a feeling that maybe this guy wasn't so bad. She stood and brushed herself off, shaking off the embarrassment that colored her face as she remembered her tumble before. Her lips pulled up slightly at the corners in a small smile as she looked the stranger's way again, attempting to look at least a little friendly.

"I'm Valen by the way, and this is Calico."

The German Shepard wagged his tail at the hand that she'd placed on his head, leaning into it and enjoying being pet. Valen chuckled lightly at the reaction before looking back at the boy and allowing a smirk to grace her lips as she recalled what he'd called through the door.

"Don't worry though, he can tell the difference between the living and the dead."

Emilie began to see what all was within the building and how she would zombie prof the place. She found a room that looked like someone had done something a little similar. 'Great that's something already done now I just hope there not already a zombie or if they are they've already taken care of re-killing their self.' She began to see what she could do to wake herself if needed because she knew she would need to sleep if she wanted to get farther from the city latter. 'I wonder about the others. Maybe we'll meet up or something in the morning... Well I can't dwell on that... Umm...what would my parents do for the night? They usually took turns and let me sleep so... I guess thinking outside of the box it is...' She looked around and made a device that if anyone tripped a wire it would shake her leg which in turn would wake her up. 'There that will do.' She sat down and put her Katana in it's sheath. Then she got out her mother's shot gun and made sure it was loaded. She ate a few crackers out of her bag and sat waiting for night to come.

When the door opened, the girl and her dog burst through in a rush. Behind them, Jack caught a glimpse of a line of walkers working their way up the stairs, the one in the lead straining at the sudden bright sunlight that streamed in from the open door. When the dog's tail was just clear of the door, he slammed it shut pressing his weight against it and reaching down quickly threaded the chain back through the handle and replaced the heavy lock. The whole thing happened within seconds. Behind him he heard the sound of feet sliding on the roof's rocks followed by a millisecond of silence then a loud thump. Ah, that sucks... Hearing the girl fall, he snuck a quick glance over his shoulder in the midst of re-locking the door and saw her sitting awkwardly on the roof for a brief moment. Been there. It was funny how something as silly as a slip made a person innocently vulnerable if even just for a second. No matter how hard they might be every other second of their life. It was a weird equalizer. And he found that it had somehow endeared him to this unknown girl. He quickly turned back to the lock before she noticed that he had seen anything to try to lessen any embarrassment the slip may have caused her.

Once he had secured the door, he quickly and quietly walked away from the door and motioned for her to follow him to the other corner of the roof. The dog didn't seem to like him and he growled at him until the woman pacified him with a quick word. When they were safely out of earshot of the door and any walkers that might take the sound of their voices as encouragement to keep trying their luck against his makeshift defenses on the door, he stopped. He was confident the chain would hold but there was no reason to stress it needlessly.

"Thanks," the girl said her face slightly flushed. Was that embarrassment?

"I'm Valen by the way and this is Calico," she continued. Valen...he wondered what that name might mean. And Calico...a perfect name for a dog. He would have thought he was just a pretty dog had he not earlier witnessed it expertly remove what stood for a walker's voice box. Could he fight off a dog if he had to? He'd never tried it, never even really thought about it, but for the life of him he couldn't see it going very well for him. Now that he was looking at the girl up close, he saw that she was younger than he had first thought. Mabye 19 or 20? That made her about 10 years his junior. Not that it mattered. People aged so much differently, faster, since everything changed. You had to. Childishness and innocence unfortunately didn't survive long in the new world order. It was the eyes now that told you a person's age. Not their face. Her face looked young, but her eyes warned him not to take the outward facade too seriously and certainly not for granted. As he pondered her eyes and what had transpired in her life to age her soul more quickly than her physical appearance, she smiled at him.

"Don't worry though, he can tell the difference between the living and the dead."

He snorted a small laugh. Maybe he wouldn't have to find out how him vs a dog would pan out...thank God.

"Good to know. Hopefully it's not by smell alone because I killed a walker the other day and right before I put him down I'm about 99% sure he looked at me as though he thought I stunk! I kid you not...I almost dropped my bat in surprise." How this was a good way to introduce himself to a stranger was beyond him but it was too late now. He shook his head at himself. Try again, genius. "Jack. I'm Jack. And you're welcome. Nice to meet you both. Where's the other guy? Didn't make it?"

When the door opened, the girl and her dog burst through in a rush. Behind them, Jack caught a glimpse of a line of walkers working their way up the stairs, the one in the lead straining at the sudden bright sunlight that streamed in from the open door. When the dog's tail was just clear of the door, he slammed it shut pressing his weight against it and reaching down quickly threaded the chain back through the handle and replaced the heavy lock. The whole thing happened within seconds. Behind him he heard the sound of feet sliding on the roof's rocks followed by a millisecond of silence then a loud thump. Ah, that sucks... Hearing the girl fall, he snuck a quick glance over his shoulder in the midst of re-locking the door and saw her sitting awkwardly on the roof for a brief moment. Been there. It was funny how something as silly as a slip made a person innocently vulnerable if even just for a second. No matter how hard they might be every other second of their life. It was a weird equalizer. And he found that it had somehow endeared him to this unknown girl. He quickly turned back to the lock before she noticed that he had seen anything to try to lessen any embarrassment the slip may have caused her.

Once he had secured the door, he quickly and quietly walked away from the door and motioned for her to follow him to the other corner of the roof. The dog didn't seem to like him and he growled at him until the woman pacified him with a quick word. When they were safely out of earshot of the door and any walkers that might take the sound of their voices as encouragement to keep trying their luck against his makeshift defenses on the door, he stopped. He was confident the chain would hold but there was no reason to stress it needlessly.

"Thanks," the girl said her face slightly flushed. Was that embarrassment?

"I'm Valen by the way and this is Calico," she continued. Valen...he wondered what that name might mean. And Calico...a perfect name for a dog. He would have thought he was just a pretty dog had he not earlier witnessed it expertly remove what stood for a walker's voice box. Could he fight off a dog if he had to? He'd never tried it, never even really thought about it, but for the life of him he couldn't see it going very well for him. Now that he was looking at the girl up close, he saw that she was younger than he had first thought. Mabye 19 or 20? That made her about 10 years his junior. Not that it mattered. People aged so much differently, faster, since everything changed. You had to. Childishness and innocence unfortunately didn't survive long in the new world order. It was the eyes now that told you a person's age. Not their face. Her face looked young, but her eyes warned him not to take the outward facade too seriously and certainly not for granted. As he pondered her eyes and what had transpired in her life to age her soul more quickly than her physical appearance, she smiled at him.

He snorted a small laugh. Maybe he wouldn't have to find out how him vs a dog would pan out...thank God.

"Good to know. Hopefully it's not by smell alone because I killed a walker the other day and right before I put him down I'm about 99% sure he looked at me as though he thought I stunk! I kid you not...I almost dropped my bat in surprise." How this was a good way to introduce himself to a stranger was beyond him but it was too late now. He shook his head at himself. Try again, genius. "Jack. I'm Jack. And you're welcome. Nice to meet you both. Where's the other guy? Didn't make it?"
"Good to know. Hopefully it's not by smell alone because I killed a walker the other day and right before I put him down I'm about 99% sure he looked at me as though he thought I stunk! I kid you not...I almost dropped my bat in surprise," The man said, his peculiar story causing a chuckle to slip from her lips before her hand could stop it. She moved her eyes to him as he introduced himself, roaming his features and finding him older than she expected, maybe 10 years her senior? It was a surprise he wasn't like the others she'd run into after this whole thing had started.....There were some crazy people out there, though she could understand why... This world was not as beautiful a place as it once was, with the dead people walking around and trying to eat the living while the living fought among each other...

"Jack. I'm Jack. And you're welcome. Nice to meet you both. Where's the other guy? Didn't make it?"

His voice cut through her deep thought and caused her to shift her gaze down to the street that the other man had gone, a soft sigh escaping her.

"No.....he's alive. I think he just didn't like me." The joke fell flat and made her chuckle at her horrid sense of humor because of the fact that it was probably true, not just for her, but for everyone he'd probably come across. He just seemed kind of cold and dead inside. She shook her head in an attempt to dispel him from her mind before bringing her eyes back to the man beside her. Jack, huh..

"I saw him go that way, right through the hoard like they didn't notice him at all. He was covered in their guts so it's understandable, but...I just hope he's okay.." She said while pointing a blood splattered finger in the direction the mystery man had gone, catching sight of the wandering walkers below. She dropped her hand and walked over to the edge of the roof with Calico at her heels, her shoes making the pebbles click against each other. When she reached the edge and cast her eyes down to the street below a grimace crossed her features, the amount was astounding for just this area.... Some must have wandered over..Damn.

"That's more than I expected.." She muttered to herself before looking down at Calico and putting a hand gently on his head, petting the loyal dog as he wagged his tail contently. Just what did he bark at? An idea suddenly materialized as she recalled the German Shepard staring upward, at something up here....A laugh bubbled through her lips as she put the pieces together, the irony catching her in a net of humor. She looked over at Jack, his expression a little confused as anyone would be as he probably thought she had a few screws loose, though she was starting to think the same.

"You were the one he barked at right? I was just thinking about the irony of it all, that you saved us even though it was you he'd barked at." The explanation was a little weird, but hey she was fine with that as long as he didn't think she was crazy. With one last pat to Calico's head, she stood and walked back over to Jack as she looked upward and checked the time. Crap...It's gonna get dark soon. She clicked her tongue in annoyance at the passing day and looked around the roof before looking back to Jack with a cocked brow. Did he have a camp set up up here?

"It's gonna get dark soon, did you set up a camp up here?"

((OOC: I kind of stole your formatting, I'm sorry xD it just looks so nice and you can read it easier!))

At least she laughed at my lack of a filter. Lord, it's good to hear the sound of another person's laughter again.

He smiled back at her in return, his shoulders bouncing slightly in silent laughter.

"No...he's alive. I think he just didn't like me."

She laughed again at herself this time and his own smile widened. It was so good to be able to do that.

"I saw him go that way, right through the hoard like they didn't notice him at all. He was covered in their guts so it's understandable..."

He nodded thoughtfully. So that's what happened. He missed it when he had ducked behind the wall. Covered in walker guts? He'd never thought of that before. And it made him safe to walk right past them? He would store that one away for later.

"...but...I just hope he's okay.."

This fragment of their conversation was very weighty to Jack. In his mind it revealed a lot about the girl in front of him. It told him she was still alive inside...that there was good in her. She was a fighter and a survivor of the best kind. To him, that meant that she had preserved a piece of the world before...and that meant everything. Without realizing how tense he was, he felt himself noticeably relax within. She was still a stranger but so was he. But he was human...and so was she. For now that was more than enough. She pointed in the direction the man had gone then walked over to the edge of the wall on that side. He followed her.

Looking over and down she said, "That's more than I expected..." She seemed just a little taken aback by that and unconsciously reached down to pet Calico's head. He wondered if she knew she did that or if it was just automatic for her. He didn't mean to notice but he had always been astute at observing the things people "said" without speaking. Just one more human element about her that gladdened him and encouraged him in his own hope for what the world might once be again. That is a lot of walkers. What he saw confirmed his earlier suspicion that a herd had passed through this part of the city the night before. He was about to say as much when she laughed unexpectedly. The sound brought his eyes up from the street as he looked at her puzzled. Uh...did I just pass gas or something? The thought made him cringe internally causing him to just stand there with a look on his face that could only be interpreted as "stupid."

"You were the one he barked at..." Oh, thank God. He didn't know if he would be able to recover from the other possibility. Overwhelmed with his relief and the true cause of her previous chuckle, his unconscious mind replayed the rest of what she had said to his conscious mind...letting him catch back up with the present moment. "...even though it was you he barked at."

Before his mind could properly catch up with the meaning of what she had just said, she looked up, apparently towards the sun, then down and around the roof before asking, "It's gonna get dark soon. Did you set up a camp here?"

He duplicated her time check with a quick glance upward. Sure enough. He didn't know what the exact time was but "gonna get dark soon"-thirty seemed just about right to him too. He looked around the roof with her as well before answering her question.

"Yeah, I guess you could call it that. It's where I've been camping at least. Only been up here four days. Five after tonight. It's not much...a tent with no poles, some general supplies, and that bucket for collecting water. I've been on my own for months so...it's...been enough. The roof and the chain," he said pointing back toward the door, "keep the walkers out. I usually go out for a bit early in the evening to scavenge supplies then spend the rest of my time up here trying to not become a meal. So yeah, it's not much but it works...so far. Sorry about spooking your dog earlier and bringing the walkers down on you like that by the way." He actually felt a little guilty about the small delay in opening the door now that he realized the whole situation was his fault. Nothing I can do about it now though. The least he could do was attempt to make up for it. "So...in spite of the obvious fact that we don't know each other from a hole in a walker's head, you're more than welcome to share my roof with me for the night. Or for as long as you want for that matter. Truth be told, I wouldn't mind the company." Or the laughter. "If you want to stay you can use the tent. It doesn't look like it's going to rain and I've got a blanket I can lay out on the rocks for myself. If you'd rather not, believe me I'd understand, the world what it is. If you'd rather go your own way, I'll help you clear a path down the stairs. Or I have a rope you could use to climb down but...uh...I don't suppose you've taught Calico how to climb ropes yet?" He smiled. "But seriously, Valen. It's up to you and I'll just help if that's what you want." He really did feel bad, and he really did hope she would stay, but he couldn't imagine being a young woman in a world like this. But he would keep his word, whatever she decided...

(OOC: No worries. I "borrowed" the format from someone else because I thought the same thing. :) )

Tyson,crying in a corner,the 27 year old looking at his brother,handcuffed to a pole.his eyes yellow and pale,he stands up and grabs his gun aiming at the son shaking "i,m...so-rry son"he then shoots the gun hitting the brother in the skull,he falls to the ground into a break down, he looks up the tears on his face,he walks to the living room table and grabs his two silver tomahawks,he then walks out looking at the walkers coming to the house,he begins to get even more mad and starts walking to them,he stabs a few groaning in anger,he keeps killing till all of them are gone,he then falls down to the ground to his back,holding his face crying,after a couple minutes,he begins walking again,he looks across from him at the bridge,a herd walking from the other end of the bridge,his pistol and knife on his brown belt,he grabs the knife and walks to a dead corpse,he cuts through the stomach and opens it,he puts his hands in the guts,and starts wiping it on his black hoodie,then his ripped jeans and on his tattooed arms,he then puts it on his face and puts the knife back in the holster,he then starts walking down the bridge with the herd of walkers,the sun glances on his hazel eyes and knocks over a walker,the herd notices and he grabs the knife out and starts running through the herd,a walker gets in his way and he stabs its head,he then runs through not bit,and runs into the infested city,he see's a walkie talkie on the ground and grabs it,he presses the button and speaks into it "hello,is anyone there?"

Emilie woke up started by a voice. 'Where is that coming from?' She untied her leg and began to search the room finding a hidden walkie talkie. "Um... Hello?" She wasn't sure who or what was on the other end.

he hears the voice and puts the radio to his face "hello,is someone there?" he looked really surprised,was he hearing things?he began to get worried

Emilie was shocked 'I wasn't hearing things.' "Yes someone's here." Luna was still holding her mother's shot gun while she spoke wondering where the man was and why she there was a walkie talkie.

"Thank god,where are you?"he starts smiling,he hasn't seen a human in a long time other than his brother,he looks to his right as walkers hear him,

"I'm in the city within one of the brick buildings I can open the door and see if I see you." Emilie began to walk where she came in still being cautious in case there is a zombie living within the home. She carefully opened the door looking for any walkers that could still be headed her way and for the man.

"Okay i'm on my-shit" he is is immediatly cut off by a walker coming by behind,he drops it and it breaks,he takes the tomahawks out and stabs the walkers head,more and more walkers starts coming towards,tyson decides to run for it,he dodges a walker and begin's to run,he see's a few brick buildings and stops "which one,dammit"he starts looking hesitantly

Emilie sees him with walkers right behind. She takes aim carefully and then fires hitting one of the zombies in the head. She reloads and quickly fires again taking out one closer. "Hey over here." She yelled trying to help knowing she has made to much noise with the shot gun.

Tyson see's the girl yelling to him,he then runs to her,he grabs his magnum out and aims it at the group of walkers and starts to shoot next to her

(Yeah sorry church. Parents made me)

Emilie saw the man who was now beside her. She shot a few more zombies then quickly took his arm and brought him inside closing the door. And sealed it off for when the zombies got to it. "There that should do." She turned to the man and gave a small smile. "Hi, I'm Emilie."

"i'm Tyson" he smiled as he looked around his surroundings,he puts his cult M19 in his pistol holder on his lft leg and puts his hand out to shake her hand "Thank you,for helping me out there" he then walks around the place "nice pad" he smiled and walks back to her "do you have a shower or something?" his clothes all covered in walker guts and blood,and some around his face.

02:24 am, Walter's Hideout, Manchester.

Walter suddenly woke up in the middle of the night, looking around, alarmed. After seeing that everything was okay, he has laid his head on his hands. Oh God, it was just another nightmare! After that accident a long time ago, nightmares tortured him almost every night, non stop. He sighed and sat on the bed. The room was engulfed by the shadows, with the faint light of the moon shining through the window. How did he end here? Why did it happen? Why did he survive for so long? Was it because of luck, or a curse? He didn't know, he has never bothered to think about these questions until now.

He was there, sitting on the bed, looking at the ground, thinking. Then, he stood up and approached the window, looking outside. He couldn't see much, except for a faint glow of a fire in the distance, on the rooftops, probably made by another survivor. Suddenly, he remembered about that girl and her dog he has met the other day. Did she make it? Where was she now?, he wondered. His gaze fell a bit down, at the streets, which were illuminated enough to be able to see. Everything was quiet there, save for a group of ten walkers or so shambling around the streets, looking for their next meal.

Then he has heard the shots, coming from very far away. The first one was almost silent, possibly from a handgun, but the other one, which followed seconds later, was loud, as of a shotgun. Whoever those shots were directed to, he knew that it wasn't good for the shooters; in a matter of minutes they will probably be surrounded by a horde of enraged dead bodies, trying to eat their insides.

Although he knew that it was a really bad idea, Walter picked up his small backpack (he had a backpack that he used for the night travels and a rucksack for the supply runs during the day) and holstered the gun he found earlier in his leather belt. Then he climbed through the window and went down the emergency stairs. When he has reached the street level, he silently approached a lone walker that was bashing the brick wall with his hands, and hit him in the head with the crowbar, leaving a big hole where the craneum would be. The body slided to the floor, splattering the wall with blood in the process, while Walter picked up his pocket knife and opened the walker's chest with it. Then he started covering himself with the blood. Yes, it was disgusting, but it was the main reason of why he was still alive the last few months.

When he was completely covered in the dark red substance, Walter headed towards where he thought the shots were coming from.

"Um... Actually I found this place a few hours ago just for the night so I have no idea. I was original in the woods with..." Emilie paused fighting tears in her eyes. "my parents. But probable the place has everything else."

"oh,i'm sorry,ill just o look around"he then walks away and looks in the living room,it has a red sofa couch with a black flat-screen t.v,there's red curtains and pictures of family's,he then walks down the hall to the master bedroom,he opens the door knob slowly and walks in,there two dead corpses on the ground,one from a little girl,and one of an middle aged man,he doesn't smell the Oder because of the gas-mask,he then closes the door "i'll take care of that later"he then walks to the bathroom door and opens it slightly,there's nothing inside so he walks in,he then opens of the shower,he takes the green gas mask off then the coat and put's it on the counter,he then walks in the shower and turns the water on,he goes for the shower and starts closing his eyes,he then opens them and starts feeling like it isn't water,he looks up and see's that it's blood,he gasps,and then opens his eyes,the water wasn't blood,he then realizes it was an hallucination,he then walks out and turns the water off,he takes a blue towel off the ground and dries off, he then turns the shower on again and wets the bloody clothes,he then turns the shower off after the clothes are clean and puts a towel around his waist,he then walks to the second bedroom and walks to the dresser,he finds clothes that will fit him and puts them on,there's black jeans and a plaid shirt and boxer,he then lays on the bed and looks at the ceiling he then starts falling asleep and closes his eyes,