The walking Dead

"It's fine." She watched him walk away in looks of a shower. 'I'm sure he's tired and I've had a good two or three hours of sleep. Maybe I'll stay and watch for a bit.' She checked her set up with the wire and front door. Then she sat down and once more tied a string to her foot. 'There just in case I fall back asleep.' She watched the door carefully.

he then starts having a night mare about the starting of the virus,Tyson starts running down the ide walk,havoc is happening,cars are on fire people eating other people and sirens all around "Devin!"he yells and runs through the street,a car almost hits him and he dodges the car by rolling out of the way,a a man pale runs after him and he keeps running,he then runs into his mother and father's house and he yells,he then wakes up creaming after the nightmare,he then sits up,breathing heavily, he then stands up and walks to the bathroom,he then wets a rag and wipes his face,and walks to the master bedroom,he smells the Oder right when he walks in the room,he grabs the bed sheets and puts the bodys in there,h then puts the sheet over his shoulder and brings them to the back yard,he then grabs a shovel and starts burying the body's "im sorry you had to go through this" he then walk's inside and walks to the bedroom and sits on the bed and looks in the mirrior

Emilie heard Tyson scream. She quickly untied her leg. pulled out her Katana, made sure she had her book bag. And ran up the stairs in search of the room Tyson was in. She saw the bedroom and asked. "Is everything alright?" She was searching the room for any signs that might have caused the Tyson's alarm.

"Oh im sorry,had a nightmare"he then walks to the bathroom and grabs his gas mask and his green trousers,he puts them on under his clothes,he thinks to himself "was it because i was with another survivor?"he didn't wanna get someone else killed and walks to the door "i'm sorry but i have to go"

Emilie looked at him. "Go but it's nightfall and where in the city." She walked to follow worry growing on her face she still didn't like the thoughts of dealing with zombies on her own especial meeting a survivor other than herself. She missed her parents and she did just lose them not even 24 hours yet.

"i know i,i just cant"he starts to think about it more,he doesn't want more blood on his hands,but it was hard enough to survive 10 minutes,and it's hard to find good people alive,he decides to stay for the night "okay,ill stay for the night," he hopes he doesn't regret it,he walks to the bed and takes the qas mask off and puts it on the dresser,he knows he's not going to sleep but lays on the bed and stares at the ceiling,

Emilie relaxes as he agrees to stay at least for the night. "Okay great. So I guess in the morning will see what daylight brings." She smiled at watched him lay back down. She knew after the fact of everything that's happened within the day before and night she didn't think she would be able to sleep. So she sat down near the door looking at her sword and realized it needed to be sharpened. Emilie took out one of her sharpeners she had been using and began to sharpen it's blade. As she did she forgot of some of the troubles and just seemed to relax for a bit wondering if either of them would find sleep.

04:45 am, Commercial district, Manchester.

(Other Characters: Tyson (he has left the house without even answering me ;_;), Emily, and (probably) the duo at the rooftops, if Emily is in the same building as them)

Walter knew that he has finally arrived to the place when he has seen a big herd of walkers bashing down the entrances to a brick building he instantly recognized as the place where he met that girl. Apparently the survivors were still inside, if judging by a dim light coming from the roof (it was probably the campfire he saw earlier back at his hideout). He took a look around for any entrances to the buildings, but everything was so overcrowded that he couldn't even squeeze through if he tried. The most surprising thing is that it didn't seem that the survivors noticed the threat that was around them, with all the moaning and bashing noises around the place.

After 10 minutes of searching, he saw a possible way to get inside the building without bringing in the horde, but the problem was that it was risky. It consisted in climbing to the rooftop of one of the buildings and using the electric cables to get to the walker-sieged house through a non-barricaded window. Without hesitating, Walter approached the door to the building to the right and opened it, getting inside and climbing up to the roof. Then, after taking a deep breath, he approached the electric cables and hanged on one of them. Then, slowly and carefully, he climbed towards the window, trying his best not to look down, to the walker-filled alley. He never did this madness before, and he knew that if he did a single mistake, he was as good as dead.

When he was halfway to his goal, he felt that the cable was getting loose rather quickly, because the post that it was tied to wasn't designed to support a 87 kg man hanging from it. Nervous, Walter has sped up his pace to reach the window ASAP, but he was slow; the pole didn't resist the pressure and broke in half, causing Walter to hit the cold brick wall and hang from the cable like from a rope. A bit shaken from the event, he quickly climbed up, and has finally reached the window, just in time to watch the electric cable break in half and fall to the street down below. He would never do this crap ever again, he swore to himself.

When he has finally caught his breath, Walter suddenly realized that he was being watched by a pair of strangers, a young girl and a young man, both with a creeped out expression in their faces.

"Sorry for my... "intrusion", but I just wanted to say that you are in a very fucked up situation right now" He pointed outside the window, to the streets. "Apparently, someone was dumb enough to shoot guns in a heavily populated area of the city, and now this building is being besieged by the dead."

Last edited by a moderator:
he sat looking at the ceiling,he was hoping not to regret this,hr needed something to take off his mind,he sat up and puts the mask and uniform on,he writes a note on the door saying "i'll be back before sundown"-justice,he grabs his weapons and puts them in the duffer bag,and opens the window and jumps out,he walk through the forest behind the brick building,he starts walking through the tree's and hears a branch crack,he stops in his place and see's a raccoon behind him,he turns his body around and stares at the raccoon,it then runs away,he looks behind him and a two men stand behind "Hello friend" The first man smiled,he had a quick lance at the first man,he has red plaid with yellow sunglasses,the man hits him over the head with the shotgun and Tyson falls to the grass,he jut see's the two smiling as the other man pick him up,he i a brute with a brown jacket,all he see's before passing is the woods as he reaches out his arm to get away but passes out.

At least she laughed at my lack of a filter. Lord, it's good to hear the sound of another person's laughter again.

He smiled back at her in return, his shoulders bouncing slightly in silent laughter.

"No...he's alive. I think he just didn't like me."

She laughed again at herself this time and his own smile widened. It was so good to be able to do that.

"I saw him go that way, right through the hoard like they didn't notice him at all. He was covered in their guts so it's understandable..."

He nodded thoughtfully. So that's what happened. He missed it when he had ducked behind the wall. Covered in walker guts? He'd never thought of that before. And it made him safe to walk right past them? He would store that one away for later.

"...but...I just hope he's okay.."

This fragment of their conversation was very weighty to Jack. In his mind it revealed a lot about the girl in front of him. It told him she was still alive inside...that there was good in her. She was a fighter and a survivor of the best kind. To him, that meant that she had preserved a piece of the world before...and that meant everything. Without realizing how tense he was, he felt himself noticeably relax within. She was still a stranger but so was he. But he was human...and so was she. For now that was more than enough. She pointed in the direction the man had gone then walked over to the edge of the wall on that side. He followed her.

Looking over and down she said, "That's more than I expected..." She seemed just a little taken aback by that and unconsciously reached down to pet Calico's head. He wondered if she knew she did that or if it was just automatic for her. He didn't mean to notice but he had always been astute at observing the things people "said" without speaking. Just one more human element about her that gladdened him and encouraged him in his own hope for what the world might once be again. That is a lot of walkers. What he saw confirmed his earlier suspicion that a herd had passed through this part of the city the night before. He was about to say as much when she laughed unexpectedly. The sound brought his eyes up from the street as he looked at her puzzled. Uh...did I just pass gas or something? The thought made him cringe internally causing him to just stand there with a look on his face that could only be interpreted as "stupid."

"You were the one he barked at..." Oh, thank God. He didn't know if he would be able to recover from the other possibility. Overwhelmed with his relief and the true cause of her previous chuckle, his unconscious mind replayed the rest of what she had said to his conscious mind...letting him catch back up with the present moment. "...even though it was you he barked at."

Before his mind could properly catch up with the meaning of what she had just said, she looked up, apparently towards the sun, then down and around the roof before asking, "It's gonna get dark soon. Did you set up a camp here?"

He duplicated her time check with a quick glance upward. Sure enough. He didn't know what the exact time was but "gonna get dark soon"-thirty seemed just about right to him too. He looked around the roof with her as well before answering her question.

"Yeah, I guess you could call it that. It's where I've been camping at least. Only been up here four days. Five after tonight. It's not much...a tent with no poles, some general supplies, and that bucket for collecting water. I've been on my own for months so...it's...been enough. The roof and the chain," he said pointing back toward the door, "keep the walkers out. I usually go out for a bit early in the evening to scavenge supplies then spend the rest of my time up here trying to not become a meal. So yeah, it's not much but it works...so far. Sorry about spooking your dog earlier and bringing the walkers down on you like that by the way." He actually felt a little guilty about the small delay in opening the door now that he realized the whole situation was his fault. Nothing I can do about it now though. The least he could do was attempt to make up for it. "So...in spite of the obvious fact that we don't know each other from a hole in a walker's head, you're more than welcome to share my roof with me for the night. Or for as long as you want for that matter. Truth be told, I wouldn't mind the company." Or the laughter. "If you want to stay you can use the tent. It doesn't look like it's going to rain and I've got a blanket I can lay out on the rocks for myself. If you'd rather not, believe me I'd understand, the world what it is. If you'd rather go your own way, I'll help you clear a path down the stairs. Or I have a rope you could use to climb down but...uh...I don't suppose you've taught Calico how to climb ropes yet?" He smiled. "But seriously, Valen. It's up to you and I'll just help if that's what you want." He really did feel bad, and he really did hope she would stay, but he couldn't imagine being a young woman in a world like this. But he would keep his word, whatever she decided...

(OOC: No worries. I "borrowed" the format from someone else because I thought the same thing. :) )
"Yeah, I guess you could call it that. It's where I've been camping at least. Only been up here four days. Five after tonight. It's not much...a tent with no poles, some general supplies, and that bucket for collecting water. I've been on my own for months so...it's...been enough. The roof and the chain," He said with a glance to the door, the silent chain telling them that the walkers denied entrance were silent and calm again. Wow, when did I begin to think of them as animals? A frown creased her features at the thought, though she brushed it off and tuned back in to the words tumbling from Jack's lips. She had a problem with zoning out sometimes, she'd noticed.

"So yeah, it's not much but it works...so far. Sorry about spooking your dog earlier and bringing the walkers down on you like that by the way," He said, his eyes held the ghost of guilt. It wasn't his fault really.....The past is the past anyways. She had always looked into peoples eyes, since as the saying goes, the eyes are the window to the soul, and although she usually only saw the glazed milky eyes of the dead, she always still looked at them first. She never knew why, hell maybe she actually thought that there was still some human in all that monster, maybe it was her own way of retaining some humanity...

"If you want to stay you can use the tent. It doesn't look like it's going to rain and I've got a blanket I can lay out on the rocks for myself. If you'd rather not, believe me I'd understand, the world what it is. If you'd rather go your own way, I'll help you clear a path down the stairs. Or I have a rope you could use to climb down but...uh...I don't suppose you've taught Calico how to climb ropes yet?" He said, his voice bringing her yet again out of her thoughts. She felt bad that she kept tuning out, but she wasn't use to another person yet. She chuckled at the thought of Calico climbing a rope and looked at the dog with a smirk, his confused eyes making her chuckle grow into a laugh. She never was relaxed when it was just her and the canine, always having to watch their backs she forgot what it felt like to have someone else to make you laugh or smile or just feel anything at all, though up here with Jack she was actually laughing, and God did it feel good to hear laughter and see smiles.

"-Valen. It's up to you and I'll just help if that's what you want," Her name caused her to tune in again instead of letting her mind wander as it did, embarrassment creeping to her face and dusting its rose color lightly on her cheeks, she always blushed when she got embarrassed no matter how small the event. She brought her eyes back to the man and smiled, her anxiety of the hoard below only part of the reason she wanted to stay.

"I'll stay, I think being around another living person would be good for both me and Calico," She smirked "But don't worry I won't steal your tent, I love to sleep under the stars, it feels normal when I look up at the only things that haven't changed..." Her smile fell as she remembered her telescope back home, she'd loved to stargaze when she wasn't too busy with school of course...A thought crossed her mind and caused her to slung her worn backpack off her back. Ah, that's right...wouldn't want to be greedy!

"I almost forgot, I have some food if you'd like to share?" Pulling out two cans, one of corn and one of beans, she smiled at the man and sheepishly pulled out a little plastic bag of dog food. "You pick, I would suggest avoiding the dog food though, kibble doesn't sit well!" She joked, her laugh trickling between her fingers as she attempted to hide it.

"Yeah, I guess you could call it that. It's where I've been camping at least. Only been up here four days. Five after tonight. It's not much...a tent with no poles, some general supplies, and that bucket for collecting water. I've been on my own for months so...it's...been enough. The roof and the chain," He said with a glance to the door, the silent chain telling them that the walkers denied entrance were silent and calm again. Wow, when did I begin to think of them as animals? A frown creased her features at the thought, though she brushed it off and tuned back in to the words tumbling from Jack's lips. She had a problem with zoning out sometimes, she'd noticed.

"So yeah, it's not much but it works...so far. Sorry about spooking your dog earlier and bringing the walkers down on you like that by the way," He said, his eyes held the ghost of guilt. It wasn't his fault really.....The past is the past anyways. She had always looked into peoples eyes, since as the saying goes, the eyes are the window to the soul, and although she usually only saw the glazed milky eyes of the dead, she always still looked at them first. She never knew why, hell maybe she actually thought that there was still some human in all that monster, maybe it was her own way of retaining some humanity...

"If you want to stay you can use the tent. It doesn't look like it's going to rain and I've got a blanket I can lay out on the rocks for myself. If you'd rather not, believe me I'd understand, the world what it is. If you'd rather go your own way, I'll help you clear a path down the stairs. Or I have a rope you could use to climb down but...uh...I don't suppose you've taught Calico how to climb ropes yet?" He said, his voice bringing her yet again out of her thoughts. She felt bad that she kept tuning out, but she wasn't use to another person yet. She chuckled at the thought of Calico climbing a rope and looked at the dog with a smirk, his confused eyes making her chuckle grow into a laugh. She never was relaxed when it was just her and the canine, always having to watch their backs she forgot what it felt like to have someone else to make you laugh or smile or just feel anything at all, though up here with Jack she was actually laughing, and God did it feel good to hear laughter and see smiles.

"-Valen. It's up to you and I'll just help if that's what you want," Her name caused her to tune in again instead of letting her mind wander as it did, embarrassment creeping to her face and dusting its rose color lightly on her cheeks, she always blushed when she got embarrassed no matter how small the event. She brought her eyes back to the man and smiled, her anxiety of the hoard below only part of the reason she wanted to stay.

"I'll stay, I think being around another living person would be good for both me and Calico," She smirked "But don't worry I won't steal your tent, I love to sleep under the stars, it feels normal when I look up at the only things that haven't changed..." Her smile fell as she remembered her telescope back home, she'd loved to stargaze when she wasn't too busy with school of course...A thought crossed her mind and caused her to slung her worn backpack off her back. Ah, that's right...wouldn't want to be greedy!

"I almost forgot, I have some food if you'd like to share?" Pulling out two cans, one of corn and one of beans, she smiled at the man and sheepishly pulled out a little plastic bag of dog food. "You pick, I would suggest avoiding the dog food though, kibble doesn't sit well!" She joked, her laugh trickling between her fingers as she attempted to hide it.
"...if you want." Jack finished his bout of verbal diarrhea. He always did that when he was nervous. Often, he was so concerned that people lost interest in what he said that when someone finally did seem to listen he had a hard time shutting off the fire hose that was his mouth. And that was before he lived in a human desert. Easy there cowboy. Don't use all the oxygen on the roof. To make matters worse, he could clearly tell that parts of his "story" dulled her and as he saw her eyes glaze over he would double his efforts to keep her attention. As much as he hated his lack of communication skills, deep down he really just wanted her to stay. Enough that he would rather risk saying too much rather than not enough. If he said too much, she might just think he was an idiot. Ha! "Might." That's funny, Jack. But if he said too little... Smiling, laughing even, with another human being was too valuable a thing to lose in this wasteland.

He didn't want to be alone anymore.

The force of the realization hit him like a speeding bus. But he would continue as he had if, in the end, she decided to go. He would keep his word.

"I'll stay, I think being around another living person would be good for both me and Calico..."

If realizing he no longer wanted to be alone was a speeding bus, hearing that he wouldn't have to be was a speeding ambulance. It hit him too...just as hard...But at least there's medicine and paramedics in the ambulance. Sometimes he thought he laughed too hard at his own inner monologue. Whether that made him crazy or corny he didn't know but today he knew it didn't matter. Today he was no longer a single solitary flame sputtering as it tried to hold back the wind of a hurricane. Aren't you just the poet today, Jacky boy? It's a good thing people can't hear your thoughts. The jury making the decision about your sanity would no longer be out!

Smiling, no it was more of a smirk, she continued, "But don't worry I won't steal your tent, I love to sleep under the stars, it feels normal when I look up at the only things that haven't changed..." He smiled. He'd never thought of that. The stars were constant. Yet another small piece of kindling to stoke the fire of his hope for the world.

"I almost forgot, I have some food if you'd like to share?"

"You pick, I would suggest avoiding the dog food though, kibble doesn't sit well!"

He crooked an eyebrow and stared at the bag of dog food then back to her, a smile beginning to form on his lips as he watched her try to literally hold a laugh back with her hand.

"Ah...you see that's where you went wrong. It's not the kibble you want, it's the bits," he said seriously looking her in the eye. And then his own laughter burst forth from some genuine place he had forgotten he possessed. Inside he knew this kind of rare moment of forgetfulness and joy wouldn't last, it was fleeting and it was rare but that also made it all the more sweet. He would enjoy it despite its inevitable brevity.

Turning he walked to his own bag and rummaging through said, "I see your beans," and pulling out a can of cocktail hotdogs said, "and raise you some weenies." Setting himself back to his bag he said, "As for the corn, I've got nothing. But I did find a couple of Gatorades if you like grape. And...," patting his torso and pants to check his pockets he eventually produced a small camping flint and continued, "we can make it a true five star dinner experience. Only the best at Jack's Rooftop Restaurant. Mind bringing me those two boards over there?"

***OOC: I intend this post and the conversation to be somewhat in the past from where others have taken the story. As more than one person has made reference to a rooftop fire, this leads into that. Depending on DarkestShadow's response, I'm good for whomever moves the action forward in regard to the walkers still trying to get into the building.***

he looks at the man and grabs his pistol aiming it at him,"how did you get in here" he looks outside and see's a herd banging on the building, how did this man get in here? those words kept going through his mind,he looked back st him aiming,he watches the man and puts the M19 back in the holster "if you were coming to kill us,you would of by now" he walks back to the bedroom and puts the green outfit and gas mask on and pack his tomahawks and carbine inside "the'll get in any minute now,i don't feel like walker meat tonight" he then starts to walk up the stairs to the roof

(I read about it but didn't fully understand what you meant and google didn't help sorry. I'll reread and see if I understand better I'll try to do that this saturay or sunday.)

04:45 am, Commercial district, Manchester.

(Other Characters: Tyson (he has left the house without even answering me ;_;), Emily, and (probably) the duo at the rooftops, if Emily is in the same building as them)

Walter knew that he has finally arrived to the place when he has seen a big herd of walkers bashing down the entrances to a brick building he instantly recognized as the place where he met that girl. Apparently the survivors were still inside, if judging by a dim light coming from the roof (it was probably the campfire he saw earlier back at his hideout). He took a look around for any entrances to the buildings, but everything was so overcrowded that he couldn't even squeeze through if he tried. The most surprising thing is that it didn't seem that the survivors noticed the threat that was around them, with all the moaning and bashing noises around the place.

After 10 minutes of searching, he saw a possible way to get inside the building without bringing in the horde, but the problem was that it was risky. It consisted in climbing to the rooftop of one of the buildings and using the electric cables to get to the walker-sieged house through a non-barricaded window. Without hesitating, Walter approached the door to the building to the right and opened it, getting inside and climbing up to the roof. Then, after taking a deep breath, he approached the electric cables and hanged on one of them. Then, slowly and carefully, he climbed towards the window, trying his best not to look down, to the walker-filled alley. He never did this madness before, and he knew that if he did a single mistake, he was as good as dead.

When he was halfway to his goal, he felt that the cable was getting loose rather quickly, because the post that it was tied to wasn't designed to support a 87 kg man hanging from it. Nervous, Walter has sped up his pace to reach the window ASAP, but he was slow; the pole didn't resist the pressure and broke in half, causing Walter to hit the cold brick wall and hang from the cable like from a rope. A bit shaken from the event, he quickly climbed up, and has finally reached the window, just in time to watch the electric cable break in half and fall to the street down below. He would never do this crap ever again, he swore to himself.

When he has finally caught his breath, Walter suddenly realized that he was being watched by a pair of strangers, a young girl and a young man, both with a creeped out expression in their faces.

"Sorry for my... "intrusion", but I just wanted to say that you are in a very fucked up situation right now" He pointed outside the window, to the streets. "Apparently, someone was dumb enough to shoot guns in a heavily populated area of the city, and now this building is being besieged by the dead."
Emilie saw a man mentioning the attention the two had brought from earlier. "Yeah about that sorry my parents didn't make anything to quiet the shot gun. And I was tiring to help him." She put up her sharpener in her bag and placed it back on her back. Then she stood up. "So any thought if were begin surrounded?"

he walks to the roof of the building and looks at the herd below,the building beside it was 3 feet away and 7 feet depth,he starts rethinking,then he starts to think of his resources,he look at the vent on the building beside it and puts the bag on the roof and starts going through it,he takes his two tomahawks out and a long rope,he cut the rope in half and ties the two rope pieces to the handle of the hatchet,he throws them both at the vent and has the two pieces of rope in his hands, he then takes a deep breath and jumps and his feet hit the side of the building and the ropes tied to the tomahawks that are stuck in the vent in his hands,he starts climbing and reaches the roof of the building,he puts the tomahawks back in the bag and takes the walkies talkie out and speaks into it "Emilie its Tyson,i'm going to distract the herd from the building so you two can get out,when i say you'll only have like ten seconds till they notice"

"...if you want." Jack finished his bout of verbal diarrhea. He always did that when he was nervous. Often, he was so concerned that people lost interest in what he said that when someone finally did seem to listen he had a hard time shutting off the fire hose that was his mouth. And that was before he lived in a human desert. Easy there cowboy. Don't use all the oxygen on the roof. To make matters worse, he could clearly tell that parts of his "story" dulled her and as he saw her eyes glaze over he would double his efforts to keep her attention. As much as he hated his lack of communication skills, deep down he really just wanted her to stay. Enough that he would rather risk saying too much rather than not enough. If he said too much, she might just think he was an idiot. Ha! "Might." That's funny, Jack. But if he said too little... Smiling, laughing even, with another human being was too valuable a thing to lose in this wasteland.

He didn't want to be alone anymore.

The force of the realization hit him like a speeding bus. But he would continue as he had if, in the end, she decided to go. He would keep his word.

"I'll stay, I think being around another living person would be good for both me and Calico..."

If realizing he no longer wanted to be alone was a speeding bus, hearing that he wouldn't have to be was a speeding ambulance. It hit him too...just as hard...But at least there's medicine and paramedics in the ambulance. Sometimes he thought he laughed too hard at his own inner monologue. Whether that made him crazy or corny he didn't know but today he knew it didn't matter. Today he was no longer a single solitary flame sputtering as it tried to hold back the wind of a hurricane. Aren't you just the poet today, Jacky boy? It's a good thing people can't hear your thoughts. The jury making the decision about your sanity would no longer be out!

Smiling, no it was more of a smirk, she continued, "But don't worry I won't steal your tent, I love to sleep under the stars, it feels normal when I look up at the only things that haven't changed..." He smiled. He'd never thought of that. The stars were constant. Yet another small piece of kindling to stoke the fire of his hope for the world.

"I almost forgot, I have some food if you'd like to share?"

"You pick, I would suggest avoiding the dog food though, kibble doesn't sit well!"

He crooked an eyebrow and stared at the bag of dog food then back to her, a smile beginning to form on his lips as he watched her try to literally hold a laugh back with her hand.

"Ah...you see that's where you went wrong. It's not the kibble you want, it's the bits," he said seriously looking her in the eye. And then his own laughter burst forth from some genuine place he had forgotten he possessed. Inside he knew this kind of rare moment of forgetfulness and joy wouldn't last, it was fleeting and it was rare but that also made it all the more sweet. He would enjoy it despite its inevitable brevity.

Turning he walked to his own bag and rummaging through said, "I see your beans," and pulling out a can of cocktail hotdogs said, "and raise you some weenies." Setting himself back to his bag he said, "As for the corn, I've got nothing. But I did find a couple of Gatorades if you like grape. And...," patting his torso and pants to check his pockets he eventually produced a small camping flint and continued, "we can make it a true five star dinner experience. Only the best at Jack's Rooftop Restaurant. Mind bringing me those two boards over there?"

***OOC: I intend this post and the conversation to be somewhat in the past from where others have taken the story. As more than one person has made reference to a rooftop fire, this leads into that. Depending on DarkestShadow's response, I'm good for whomever moves the action forward in regard to the walkers still trying to get into the building.***
((OOC: I think that after they eat and fall asleep, we can transition to the current events by having the characters wake up to the gunshots and going down to see what's going on, If that works? I go into more detail on my post that you commented on if everyone wants to take a look and tell me if it's okay?))

She laughed harder as soon as he had, the chorus rising into the darkening sky and riling up the dead behind the roof door, their rotting fists pounding against the door and causing Valen to freeze, Calico growling lightly as he snarled at the closed door. The chain quelled her fears as it still barred the way, but how many would it take to break that chain? She shuddered at the thought and looked away from the rattling chain. As soon as it had quieted, she went to retrieve the boards that Jack had requested, returning to the fire with a sigh. Damn walkers just about ruined everything.... They sat in silence as she watched him cook, heating the food over the fire herself as he did what he did. They ate with words and jokes passed between them, though much quieter, before the night began to wear on them, well, at least on her.

"God, I'm dead tired!" She groaned with a stifled yawn, glancing at Jack with a smirk at her joke before she laid down beside his tent with the tattered blanket she'd pulled from her backpack and called Calico over, the canine curling up beside her and warming her. She smiled and dug her face into his grimy fur, He needs a bath.. she thought with a chuckle before calling a quiet "G'night!" over her shoulder and for once dozing off fairly quickly.... ((Sorry for rushing that whole scene but we're so far behind..))

The sun broke through slanted blinds and pressed on her eyes painfully, her azure being met with gold as she cracked her eyes open and rubbed the sleep out of them. The dorm was surprisingly silent today....the only sound coming from the TV down the hall, the volume was so loud.....She flipped over and buried deeper into the blankets, pulling her pillow over her head and muting the noise. Almost immediately however, a hand came to shake her awake and invoke her wrath. She flipped off the blankets and glared into the hazel eyes of her best friend, the look inside them causing uneasiness to flood her and anxiety to clutch her heart.

"Kiera? What's-" A hand flew to her mouth and she watched as her friend's other hand raised and a finger pointed out the window beside the bed, the blinds shutting out the sight she was trying to show. Valen looked at her friend with puzzled eyes before she lifted the blinds, the sight before her making her droop them in surprise.

"N-No! H-how?! T-t-this can't be....r-real!" She stuttered, shock freezing her and causing her to look over at her silent friend. What's wrong with her? She looked her friend up and down, stopping at her bloody pants and feeling bile rise up from her empty stomach. She heaved over the side of her bed, Kiera patting her back reassuringly before drawing back as Valen finished.

"K-Kiera?" Valen's voice was small as she watched her friend open the window and breathe the smoke tainted air outside, the smell of something rotting drifting up as well. Her friend moved her eyes over to her with tears flowing, her eyes apologetic as she muttered a goodbye and let go of the sill, falling down to the ground three floors below. Valen's eyes were wide as she rushed to the window and wailed at the sight of her friend splattered against the hard ground below, her eyes and ears taking in the gruesome scene outside. Screams and cries emanated from below, panicked people banging on the doors to the dorm, other people shambling over to join....wait....she watched in horror as they began to eat the people pounding on the doors, the fearful people scrambling away and leaving those being mauled. Valen gagged and heaved over the sill before running to the door and locking it, dashing back to her bed and sitting with her legs drawn to her chest as she sobbed. Suddenly shots began to ring outside, her hands shooting to her ears to block out the noise. BANG!

"No!"

BANG! BANG! BANG!

"No!"

BANG! BANG! BANG!

"No!" She cried as she shot up to a sitting position, cold sweat sticking to her like a second skin. Calico shot up in surprise as well, looking at his owner with a tilted head and a paw on her hand. Her hammering heart calming slightly as she remembered where she was, the sun smiling to remind her she wasn't alone. She shivered from her dream, her mind replaying the grim past over and over until she heard another gunshot. What...those gunshots sound like they're coming from downstairs! She stood hurriedly with this thought in mind, rushing over to the roofs edge and finding her suspicions correct.

"Shit!" She hissed as she observed a girl and a boy rushing into the building she was atop. She rushed back over to Jack and woke him urgently, knowing they didn't have a lot of time before more walkers flooded the area, Why would they risk the noise?! She was a little frustrated to tell the truth, she hated when people did things like that without thinking, assuming the person that shot just did it on impulse.

he looks at the man and grabs his pistol aiming it at him,"how did you get in here" he looks outside and see's a herd banging on the building, how did this man get in here? those words kept going through his mind,he looked back st him aiming,he watches the man and puts the M19 back in the holster "if you were coming to kill us,you would of by now" he walks back to the bedroom and puts the green outfit and gas mask on and pack his tomahawks and carbine inside "the'll get in any minute now,i don't feel like walker meat tonight" he then starts to walk up the stairs to the roof
(I read about it but didn't fully understand what you meant and google didn't help sorry. I'll reread and see if I understand better I'll try to do that this saturay or sunday.)

Emilie saw a man mentioning the attention the two had brought from earlier. "Yeah about that sorry my parents didn't make anything to quiet the shot gun. And I was tiring to help him." She put up her sharpener in her bag and placed it back on her back. Then she stood up. "So any thought if were begin surrounded?"
Walter didn't seem to be affected by the gun pointing at his head, since he was just standing there, arms crossed and waiting. When the man has finally lowered the gun, he spoke: "Well, are you finished? Okay, then listen me up, both of you." he looked at the girl with a serious look. "First of all, never, NEVER use a fricking gun in the middle of the city, no matter how dangerous the situation is. Second, did you know that there are survivors in the roof? Because there was a light coming from there recently. And three, are you both stupid or what? Have you ever been in the city in the first place, dammit? Only an complete idiot would fire a fricking shotgun in a walker-infested area!". Walter sighed and brought his hand on his face. Then he talked in a more relaxed tone. "Sorry, I didn't sleep well tonight. Anyways, we must go to the roof and meet the rest of the survivors there. Then we'll see what we can do. Any questions?" he asked.

((OOC: Whoah,Whoah,Whoah there, Justice! Don't go so fast, or else you will miss every single event on this thread (example: the roof is locked with a chain from the other side, so you can't enter. Also, there are people there, and yo missed them too).))

((Another OOC: Justice, there is a huge horde of walkers down there and you are trying to distract them? Heck, even if you do, there is no way we could escape all of them. No offense, man, but please try to read thoroughly all of the posts from other people next time, it doesn't matter if they are related to your story or not. Also, Emily had a walkie-talkie all this time and I didn't notice that? o_o))

((EDIt: And let's finally start using the OOC page for random talk and "sign-ups"(myself included), shall we? I just feel discouraged to post anything there due to its current emptiness.))

((ill just restart that then,)) "well then if your done being an asshole,im thinking we should leave" he walks to his room and puts his pistol,knife,carbine,and a water bottle inside,he then puts the duffer bag on his back and grab his tomahawks and walks back to the living room,"so is there an attic,or a roof that we can get to?" he says to the male

((ill just restart that then,)) "well then if your done being an asshole,im thinking we should leave" he walks to his room and puts his pistol,knife,carbine,and a water bottle inside,he then puts the duffer bag on his back and grab his tomahawks and walks back to the living room,"so is there an attic,or a roof that we can get to?" he says to the male
"Were you even listening to me past the word "anyways"?" he was annoyed at the man's lack of attention "I've already said that we need to get to the roof to meet the survivors that live there. You better pay attention to what other people say next time, or you will die really quick." Now THAT was a real threat, and he wasn't kidding about it. Then, without awaiting answer, he approached the front door and said to the duo: "Just follow me and you will be fine, okay?" And he headed upstairs, to the roof.

((I should point out that my char has a temper around strangers, so don't get offended if he starts insulting your character like a pirate or acts rude. On the other hand, if he trusts a person, he has a much nicer attitude towards them.))

Emilie looked at Tyson confused and shrugged. "Um.. Okay." She followed the man to the roof.

When he was at the end of the stairway, he has heard a loud noise coming from below; the walkers have breached inside the building. "Dammit!" he muttered and tried to open the door to the roof. As he was expecting, it was locked, by a steel chain. He knocked on the door a bit too violently than he wanted to, and said: "Hello? If anybody's there, please open the door. We won't attack you, I give you my word."