【The Variable Project: Psyche】

"Whatever kind of name would Sardine be?" Anchovy smiles in response. "Alaska? Is it always snowing there? Well, don't need for too many formalities, Haruka, I'm as new to Variables as you all are."

Anchovy unveiled her ID at the entrance, allowing her entry as she signed up at the reception desk. The process was short, sweet and simple.

And of course, the easiest part of the test.

"I doubt that notes will suffice for Entrance Exams. Fighting prowess takes a majority of the grade, and if one needs notes to remember how to fight... well..."

Anchovy shrugs her shoulders.

As Minato approaches with his words, she simply adds, "no introductions to begin with first?"

@ERode @Pravitas @Ultra Paradox

Last edited:
Yvette was about to shake her head in response when yet another exam attemptee approached the continuously growing group. At this rate, the whole damn body was gonna gather around them. "Another one, huh?" Yvette exclaimed, offering her hand. "For the third time today, Yvette Lecce. Yes, you can call me Eevee." A sort of pitiable laugh left her lips — the sort that one can never discern whether or not it's genuine. Yvette wasn't even sure herself. Back to the task at hand then.

"Anyway, to answer your question, Haruka, fish girl is right. I don't have any notes, nor are there any notes to have. The only thing that can be said about PA's entrance exams is that they're unknown to first timers. You have to take an oath never to reveal to outsiders what the entrance exam entails, otherwise you're barred from ever attending. Of course, even if there were notes, it wouldn't do us much good if it entails fighting. None of us even knows how our variables will work for us. In either case, our chances of passing are probably about the same. Especially looking at the statistics..."

The numbers were rather grim. PA only ever offered the chance to even attend to a mere 20% of what other academies brought in, and from that already astonishingly low number, only 10% of those ever usually make it in. If even so much as a thousand students were given the opportunity, only 20 of them were liable to pass the entrance exam, give or take a few.

Continuing her walk towards the courtyard with the others, Yvette eyed the large dome as they circled round it. 'That must be where they hold it... I can only imagine what they'll put us up against in there.'

@Crow @ERode @Ultra Paradox

It was the pause before 'notes' that broke her. As if they were selling drugs, or some other contraband, instead of just figuring out of there's anything about the entrance exam they could puzzle out to get a competitive edge. As the new kid approached them, this time a white haired waif (except he was a guy), Haruka giggled to herself, before nudging Eevee in the ribs.

"At this rate we may as well just slap some nametags on our foreheads, ne?" The buxom teenager said, "And hey, don't shit on the power of information! I for one would love to have even a hint of what's really gonna happen in there, cause you know how it is….'knowing is half the battle'!"

Even the statistics weren't all that bad, as Eevee whipped them out. Perhaps they were grim, and perhaps this 'combat-based' entrance exam was notorious for sending lots of kids packing, but thoughts like that never got Haruka down. Whistling a cheery little tune, she strode to the courtyard alongside her new comrades. It may be difficult, and it may feature enough unknown variables that it'd make her teacher pop a vein, but…

"The chances of getting into PA may be pretty low, but there's an even lower chance of meeting me, Eevee. If you could clear the one-out-of-seven-billion chance of meeting Haruka Fujiyama, then it's clear that some smaltzy 2% chance of admission will be easy-peasy!"

Wait, she was forgetting someone here, wasn't she.

Right, the white haired dude!

Turning around and fingergunning him, the vivacious girl winked. "And if that wasn't clear, Haruka's my name, my dude!"
@Crow @Pravitas @Ultra Paradox

Minato took her hand in his, and gave it a firm shake, "Chikao, Minato-" He hesitated for a moment, quickly correcting himself, "I apologize, it's Minato Chikao in this country. It's a pleasure to meet you Eevee." He gave her a warm smile, then let go of her hand. Minato practically forced himself into the group of girls, standing between Haruka and Yvette. He heard the blonde girl's remarks and became slightly embarrassed, a light blush ensued but rather than apologizing once more he stayed silent listening to Yvette talk about the upcoming test.

He learned about the statistics of this test as soon as he learned he would be coming to New York. His lawyer was the first to explain it to him. His chances of even passing the entrance exams were five percent. So out of all the people standing in this room, those with aspirations to become true constants, only fifty of them will pass. A measly fifty to uphold freshman class title. Minato has never used even a snippet of his psychokinesis since the accident that occurred, and even though the variables they will receive should help them in the use of their psychokinesis, he could feel the anxiety slowly overtaking him. His hands began to slightly shake, and he hoped it would go unnoticed. He bawled them into fists and looked at the ground.

'This is going to be a challenge.'

"Huh?" He glanced up (a little higher than usual because of the size difference) at Haruka. She was truly the lively type, and her smile brought one upon his very own lips, "Pleased to meet you," He nodded twice. He was making more friends here right now than he was able to in the schools back in Japan. But maybe it was because they all had something in common? Hell, who knew if these introductions were even meaningful? For all he knew, they would fail, or even he would fail, and then this would be all for nothing. It sure did give him temporary relief though.

"Oh, and you are?" His soft grey eyes turned to meet Anchovy's scarlet hues.

@ERode @Crow @Pravitas

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, just play it cool, Prier thought. You're some mysterious outsider, yeah?

"I guess Louisiana's pretty far, but it's not like I'm from overseas or anything." It was still quite the trip to get all the way to New York. Though that alone doesn't explain why anyone would bring so much stuff. "Most of this is because I pretty much ran away from home, so can't get anything shipped up later." Damn it. Wasn't supposed to just say that one, but now the floodgates were open.

"So yeah, if I screw up here, I'm pretty much homeless. Or worse, have to go face whatever my parents are gonna do to me. So like I said earlier, I have to pass this exam thing." Desperation had begun to creep into the redhead's voice. She hadn't really given herself a back-up plan. "So...uh...yeah..." She trailed off and remained silent as she subtly picked up the pace, either to get away or to just get to the courtyard sooner. Gotta pretend that didn't just happen. And get good seats or whatever for the welcome address. Of course, it wouldn't be that difficult for anyone with longer legs to keep up, either.

Reactions: Ultra Paradox
'Probably should have guessed south.'

Hearing the other girl's story, Claire was a bit split down the middle. On one hand hearing the girl's story was touching and relatable. Her family didn't particularly approve of her anyways. But! On the same token, long shot gambles like this weren't exactly the best way to go. After all there were a lot of schools out there that could have accepted Prier if she didn't make it in to Psychen. ..But then again, people take long shots all the time. At least Claire had a backup plan.

Okay, now was time to stop being a judgmental asshole. Not everyone here is crap, not everyone here is out to get you. And Prier seemed nice enough, she had some sort of heart. With not much else to say, Claire nodded to her companion and spoke, "Best of luck then." She sighed, realizing that she wasn't doing too well at making friends at this pace. "You'll do fine." She reassured the other girl, thinking maybe that would help her at all, but she had no clue of really telling if that came off disingenuously or if it worked, but Claire relatively meant it. "Guessing you don't have a secondary school you applied to?"

"Everything is classified in this day and age. Government secrets and the like. Sometimes the government sends a hitman after you if you know too much," Anchovy adds to Haruka's words, "it's a frightening thought, but it's alright once you get used to the feeling."

"Don't fret too hard, I'd feel better if I called you by what they call you back home," Anchovy responds to Minato, "I always found it strange that Japanese students are listed with their personal name first unlike at home and Chinese students with their personal name last like at home. Wonder what the deal with that is. Anyways, I suppose I should introduce myself as well. I am Anchovy Scarletfever. I believe we will have quite the year if we all succeed in this entrance exam."

@Ultra Paradox @Pravitas @ERode

'Like the fish?' He thought to himself.

Not that it mattered, Scarletfever seemed like a kind girl. She was able to designate where he originated from without any problems either. Not that it was the hardest task, but you certainly need to know some cultural differences to pin point such a thing. He smiled at the short girl, that seemed to stand 'tall' above the others in ranking. Like someone who took herself and her family name with pride? Someone fairly similar to himself, but probably even more prodigious. Just who is Anchovy Scarletfever?

"Quite the year indeed, Ms.Scarletfever," Calling her by her personal name seeing as he didn't feel comfortable enough with her first. He took another look at his watch, and then declared to the group, "Seems like it's almost time for the address."

"Thanks. Good luck to you, too." Prier nodded. "I'm sure we'll both do fine." Did she have a back-up plan? She'd certainly applied to other schools, but when you get a scholarship to the best, it's nothing you should ignore. Maybe she was too hasty with things.

"Well, I did get a scholarship here or something, so...gotta give it a shot first." Prier shrugged. It wasn't really an answer. She waved to Claire and took her leave, wandering off to take a seat at the very back row in the courtyard. That way, keeping her luggage nearby wouldn't inconvenience anyone. She kicked her legs idly as she waited for the address to actually start.

Claire hesitantly returned the wave to Prier, although was finally able to exhale a sigh of relief.'Wasn't that bad.. At least she seemed nice.' Claire thought to herself, before stepping closer to the furthest corner seat possible.She saw Prier was already in the back row, and despite not wanting to be rude to the new person she was able actually relate to, Claire wanted to avoid confrontation for the time being. She did like Prier's company, for now at the least. And now was the time when she'd get the opening remarks from the school.

Alright, entrance exam, Headmaster, it seemed like the whole ready start go type thing. Claire wasn't too worried about the test, what could it have been that was too difficult for her that she'd bomb out of the school? Nothing, really. Well.. It was the thought that she could fail that was bugging her, and now without having something else to worry about, Claire seemed to degrade back once more. What could make her fail? If it was a social test then she might as well just walk home. But! It was probably a slight combat-exercise, maybe an athletic test with PK as the basis, a free run course.. All the ideas seemed to run through Claire's head, each more likely to make her fail than the last Old habits die hard, and it took her a minute to actually catch her breath and snap back into it. "Stop that." She spoke to herself, shaking her head and trying to relax in her chair, awaiting the Headmaster's address.

Yvette nodded. Indeed, it was time for the address. That also meant they were a mere two hours from taking what was deemed the hardest entrance exam in not only the country, but the world round. As much as it excited her, it also made her a tad bit nervous. Anyone would probably feel threatened, what with such low numbers for success. Telling herself that it didn't matter whether she passed or failed, as long as it was exciting, Yvette took a seat in the courtyard among those she'd met only moments before.

The first thing she noticed was how few people were actually there. 'Is this really all that was accepted?' There couldn't have been more than maybe 500 or so others. With the passing rate already so low, what would this say about this year's crop? More importantly, what was going to send 98% of these people home packing? The girl could only wait for her questions to be answered. Hopefully the headmaster would offer some insight into the trials ahead — and here he was.

Up on the podium stood an older man, touting hair on both head and lip, white as ash. Old as he looked, he could probably take on just about anyone there. Such was the headmaster. There was silence for a good few minutes. He took his time to look each and every prospect directly in the eyes from up on high. Everyone was at attention. After what seemed like an eternity, the old man nodded, a large grin forming on his face. "Good, good..." he thought out loud, just barely audible over the speakers spread throughout the courtyard.

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to our prestigious Psychen Academy. I am the headmaster, Drummond Prescott. Now, I want to tell you that our academy is much like any other, but that would be lying. Many would say you are here because you simply want to learn more about your powers from the best academy this country...no, the world...has to offer. It's not as simple as that though, is it? No, each and every one of you are here because you have a goal — something you want to accomplish. You are here because this is a necessity, not a want. You are here, because right now, this is exactly where you are supposed to be." Drummond stopped for a time.

Just the opening speech itself was getting the girl riled up. She had to give it to him, the old man sure knew how to hype things up.

"In but less than two hours, you'll all be taking part in our world renowned entrance exam. Yes, the entrance exam that's so famously difficult, yet which no one knows a thing about. But do you know why that is? You might be thinking 'because you tell people who take it not to tell anyone'. That might be true, if it were something we needed to do. No, people don't know what our entrance exam is because we never tell anyone. Yes, even you all will be in the dark as to actually what is being asked of you. We believe that being capable of determining what course of action one should take is important in a potential Psychen Academy student."

Another pause. Was the geezer trying to psyche people out? To weed out the weak? Surely they wouldn't give an entrance exam with no instructions — with no clear objective.

"I'm not going to sugarcoat it. You might've noticed the rather small crop we have this year. It's not always like this. You see, last year, when we welcomed over 1,000 potential students and let them take the entrance exam, not a single one of them managed to pass. This year, we made the requirements stricter. That being said, you all are the true cream of the crop. You are what this year has to offer us."

Yet another pause, but this time, it was followed by him leaving the podium for a moment and closing his silver eyes.

"Even now..." he began abruptly. "I predict that of this group of 546 students, only 6 of you will pass."

Instant uproar. Most of the prospects were freaking out, shouting and fidgeting about. As exciting as it was, even Yvette had to admit that was bullshit. As small a group as this was, only 6 people? From what he himself called the cream of the crop? Maybe this was just all part of the entrance exam. Maybe it already started, and people were failing as they knew it. This was the challenge that was being accepted into PA. As much as she wanted to turn around and talk about this ridiculousness to the others, she knew it best to remain silent. It took a moment for things to die down, but things hastened up quite a bit when the headmaster shouted, "ENOUGH!"

"I know that number may seem a bit low, but mind you, it's a mere prediction. Now, listen closely. You're each going to be divided into groups for taking the entrance exam. Afterwards, you'll all head into the dome, where you'll be given the Variable Efficiency and Control Test to determine which variable type you're compatible with and given a variable. Those of the mental type will have one implanted with our non-invasive technologies, but are free to decline if they so choose. You'll have an hour within the training halls to familiarize yourself with your new tools before the entrance exam will begin. I wish the lot of you the best of luck, though we both know that will have nothing to do with your performances. Again, welcome to Psychen Academy. May your stay be long and fruitful."

The headmaster left the podium, and a younger gentleman replaced him, in his hands several sheets of paper. "Hello, potential students. My name is Quinton Everill, and I'll be announcing the groups for the entrance examination. Listen closely for your name. Group 1 will consist of..."

The man went on reading names for a while. Even with this few people, Yvette could tell it would be quite a while. She could only imagine how much longer it took when they'd have over a thousand prospects. Did the group assignment mean they'd be examined as a group, though? Was the exam hard enough that you needed several people just to have a chance at passing? Or was there another reason for it? Yvette tried to push the thought back. They'd know soon enough, so overthinking wouldn't help. Still, the grin on her face was stupidly huge. This was gonna be one hell of a ride.

"Group 47 will consist of the following members: Anchovy Scarletfever..."

Yvette looked back towards the girl with the fish name, wondering if they might be in the same group. No one she'd met yet had been announced, so it was certainly possible.

"...Haruka Fujiyama..."

The two of them? In the same group? Now Eevee was really getting excited. 'C'mon! Land me a good one!'

"...Prier Blanc, Claire Bishop..."

She didn't know either of those two. Looked like these two'd be making some new friends soon. That, or rivals.

"...Minato Chikao, and..."

That made three. She was holding her breath at this point.

"...Yvette Lecce."

A scream almost escaped the ecstatic girl's lips. To think they'd all be in the same group, just like that. Things really were off to an exciting start. Their names announced, they were all free to head towards the dome to be tested.

"Wahoo! Can you guys believe it? To think, the four of us, strangers until this very day, being grouped up like this. Whoever's floatin' around up there definitely does work in mysterious ways."

The girl continued to carry a smile on her face as the four made their way towards the dome.

@ERode @Crow @Kit-n-Kat @R-9 Pilot @Ultra Paradox

Last edited:
"Indeed, Yvette. The Illuminati does have its strings- I mean, yes, yes it does. But ultimately, we shall see if we are truly compatible in every possible aspect they can dish at us."

Anchovy had listened to every word spoken by the Headmaster Prescott.

"A group effort, I see? Let us meet our other two members."

And so the gathering started.

"It appears that this is the first meeting of Group 47. It is ideal to introduce ourselves. I am Anchovy Scarletfever."

@Pravitas @ERode @Crow @Kit-n-Kat @R-9 Pilot @Ultra Paradox

Only six could pass…

As the headmaster concluded his speech, Haruka shot a daring grin at her companions, who just happened to be in the same group as her. Illuminati? Or did the Scarletfevers pull a couple strings there, to ensure that their daughter would be a member of the group with the highest chance of success? Well, it didn't matter all that much.

Mirroring Eevee's own enthusiasm, the redhead punched her lightly on the shoulder. "Strings of fate, I tell ya. With coincidences as crazy as this, there's no doubt at all that we're gonna pass this exam!"

Skipping forward a few steps, she turned to her newer companions, another short girl with hair so long that it's undoubtedly been stepped on many times before, as well as another plain faced girl. "Lotsa girls for your harem, ne?" Haruka teased, nudging Minato in the ribs before turning to the newbies, "I've been saying that we all might as well slap nametags on our faces, but hey, who cares? I'm Haruka, he's Minato, she's Yvette but call her Eevee, and you two are???"

As she spoke, she walked backwards, apparently unconcerned with the possibility of bumping into anyone else.
@Pravitas @Crow @Kit-n-Kat @R-9 Pilot @Ultra Paradox

The address was something, that's for sure. Nobody can talk about the exam because nobody knows what they're even testing for? Well, someone had to, but the students must just be completely on their own. No wonder just about everyone failed, for all anyone knew, they didn't even look at whatever they claimed they did and instead looked at how much you wouldn't betray your friends or something. On the plus side, they got to get those variable things. So it was going to be fun.

And then some other guy got up and started reading off names. After what seemed like an eternity, Prier's name was called. Along with Claire. So, unless there was some other Claire, the girl who'd almost run into her was in the same group? That was cool. She found herself with the rest of her group, as they headed out for proficiency testing.

And what a group it was. One redhead who was absolutely huge, in every way. Apparently, Claire was the only person Prier already knew, and all of the outer four already knew each other. The girl who looked like she was right about Prier's size introduced herself first, followed by Haruka introducing everyone else. Prier had trouble keeping a straight face at a name like Anchovy Sacrletfever. She fortunately didn't have time to crack up, and she was sure she'd heard the family name that ridiculous before.

"Prier. Nice to meet you." She introduced herself. She still had her luggage following her. Not like she had a place to leave it, yet. "Dunno about any fate or harems or anything, but guess we're working together for a while."

She spent a bit of time clearly sizing Anchovy up, before matching pace with the girl and checking things a bit by raising one hand. "Hm...Are you really even shorter than I am?" There was wonder, rather than malice, in the question.
@Pravitas @Crow @ERode @Kit-n-Kat @Ultra Paradox

Minato was able to feel the tension in the room as an old man, that he presumed to be the prestigious head master, Drummond Prescott walked up to the podium. It suddenly became harder for Minato to swallow and his palms became sweaty, the moment of truth was only a couple of hours away, and there stood one of the men that would decide his fate. The room was silent, no one moved or even mumbled a word. The old man was impressed and began his speech, and about how every individual in this room was here because they had a goal they wished to accomplish.

Minato took a look around, every one in attendance had the same ambitious eyes as he did. They all had a story to tell, and a goal they wished to achieve. Failure to each and every single individual in that room wasn't an option. He accepted the challenged, didn't really have much of a choice in the matter anyways. Failure for him meant punishment for something he was not at fault for. So that was not an option, not in the slightest. He had to fix his reputation, change the way the world saw him. He will no longer be considered a vile monster when this is all said and done, instead he'll be a hero.

His half lidded eyes widened when the man mentioned they were the very cream of the crop. He was one of the best? Out of the five hundred or so people, Chikao Minato, was one of the very best. Were his powers truly that impressive when he unlocked them oh so long ago? The chances of him making it into the school were even slimmer. If the headmaster was correct, and only 6 out of the 546 passed, his chances of passing were a mere 1.09%! On top of that no one from last year passed. He kept a confident and collected appearance, but he tried to stop the shaking of his hands. This would truly be a challenge like no other.

When it was announced that he would be in a group with the people he had met (and two others he didn't have the pleasure of meeting as of yet), some of his nerves relaxed. He took a deep breath, feeling a little more comfortable and smiled at the group, "I guess we're stuck with one another, eh?"

They walked off to meet the other two members of the group, a short girl similar to Ms. Scarletfever except she had some pretty green eyes. Again, he wasn't sure if they were way younger, but if they let her through he guessed they were about the same age as himself. He shot Haruka a shy glare, and tried hiding the pink tint that formed on his cheeks when she made the Harem comment. "Likewise Prier," He gave her a friendly nod and the same signature smile he gave all the others when he introduced himself (the blush still coloring his cheeks), then turned to face a smart looking girl with a sharp set of eyes behind the glasses, "And you must be the last member of Group 47, Claire Bishop?"

After confirming it was her, he made sure to hold his hand out. Whether she accepted his handshake was up to her. Then he walked besides Haruka who continued walking backwards, "So this is our group hm? Perhaps we're the lucky six that will pass today?" He laughed nervously.

@Pravitas @Crow @ERode @Kit-n-Kat @R-9 Pilot

The older man had stepped up to the stage, and just about the moment he started talking, Claire was already worried. So much pressure on them for even having come here, as if a string of fate had tugged and landed right here in this very spot. But he was right, this was where Claire had to be, and she sure as hell wouldn't let that opportunity down. Though, hearing that nobody knows about what the entrance exam actually was had put Claire on the edge. How did you know you were failing if you didn't know what you were doing? How were you supposed to figure out what to do or if you were on the right track? And that was the moment when Claire's mind went into overdrive, her fingers tapping each other in her jacket pockets and Claire starting to process the thoughts of what exactly was happening, going to happen, or how she was even going to pass.

"Only 6 of you will pass."

That's all Claire heard before the crowd exploded, and Claire let out an audible sigh of worry. Was she going to pass? Out of 500 people she had to be up not even in the top 10, but in the top 6. 'You've seriously gotta be kidding me...' Claire cracked her knuckles inside her pockets, still having to deal with the stress of the moment. Only 6. Well, time to put all that time studying to work, otherwise what else could she do?

Okay, so maybe her odds were higher. It was just predicted to be six. But being in groups? That gave Claire even more jitters. 'I know for a fact that I'm probably not incompetent, but what if someone in my group screws it up? What if I end up holding us back? Stop it. Claire, you're better than this. Prove it. You've been nervous all morning, but now you know for a fact that you're here for a reason, now's the time to prove it.' Claire had kind of gone on a mental tangent when she was listening to the Headmaster, but the details of the VECT and the Variables were interesting, and Claire honestly was excited. A bit more nervous, but excited nonetheless.

Hearing the groups, Claire couldn't help but be worried and waiting for who she was paired up with. Her name was called fourth in a group, right after Prier, so that was good. At least she knew someone there, but then again, Prier seemed about as nervous as Claire was for this. The rest of the names she didn't know, but she was sure she'd figure it all out soon enough. And yes, that was the case.

Group 47 had met up and I tried to stay towards the back of the group before we headed out to our destination. Anchovy, Haruka, Minato, and Eevee. 'Wasn't that the girl who called that short one Sardine?' Already Claire had gotten a bit uncomfortable, especially since Haruka was so tall, loud, and kind of an asshole, but. Second chances. Plus, it gives them the best odds of passing if they worked together.

"E-ehrm.." Claire replied hesitantly, with Haruka's energy and quick speech somewhat getting to her at the moment. She kind of blanked out for a moment, but Minato managed to get her back on track. "T-that's me.. Nice to be working with you all.." Claire confirmed, reaching for his hand and shaking his hand. Both he and Haruka lead the pack, and Claire held back behind as she started to take in what her group was like

Reactions: Ultra Paradox
It wasn't long before the group was all together, seeing how they were all heading towards the same place — that large dome in the center, where the final obstacle between them and acceptance into Psychen Academy awaited. Among those they'd not met yet were a girl who bore glasses, and another that couldn't have been too much taller than the fish.

That they were in a group of exactly 6 would've seemed a real coincidence had every other group not also had exactly 6 members. Doing the math, if each group had 6, that'd make 91 groups.

91 groups, and the headmaster predicted only one among those would pass. That was, of course, assuming the entrance exam was indeed a group effort. Even so, how was 6 members even a class? It seemed absurd, but deep down, it didn't matter to Yvette. If things were as she thought, they'd simply have to be the six that pass. That was all there was to it.

"Yvette, but as Haruka here said, you can call me Eevee. It does look like we'll be together for a time, so maybe it'd be fitting to share each other's goals?" Everyone here wanted to succeed because they had a purpose for being here. It seemed only natural that those who'd more likely than not be taking the entrance exam alongside each other share their reasons. "Personally, I'm here in hopes that it'll bring some excitement to my life. Probably a bit of a selfish reason, but... What about the rest of you?"

As their conversation went on, they drew ever closer to the dome.

Last edited:
"Failure is not an option for me, and by extension, all six of us. So let's give it our all, shall we?"

No pressure, Anchovy, no pressure.

"My attendance is of obligation, that is my primary purpose for being here at Psychen Academy," Anchovy shares her words while everyone else shared their goals, "that is all I am willing to share."

She spoke few words as she crossed her arms, hiding much within her mind as the group continued to walk towards the dome.

He paused for a moment, listening to what Eevee and Anchovy had to say before questioning his own why. He didn't truly want to be here, and if he could leave without having any consequences he would. But there was obviously a reason behind him being here. He had a goal to uphold, no, he needed a goal. Without one he will surely just get eliminated and fail his new found companions. He knew exactly what he had to do.

"My goal," He paused for a moment, as if he was still thinking about it, "Is to save my family's name and my very own reputation," He looked up at the group of five girls walking with him. Staring into each of their eyes with the upmost of confidence, "No matter what it takes. But I'll need you all to get it done. We need to get through this together." He wouldn't go into depth on his background, at least not yet. These girls are still nothing but strangers to him. But in due time, if they get through this, they will know and when the time comes he hoped they will see him no differently.

"No luck about it, buddy," Haruka said, wagging her finger back and forth at Minato, "We'll pass with flying colors using our own strengths and be known from this day on as the Generation of Miracles or some shit like that!"

Amber eyes flicked from Eevee, who was apparently a bit of an adrenaline junkie, to Anchovy, who did it for her family, to Minato, who was apparently??? some kid from some disgraced family, before ultimately lingering back to the shortest girl amongst them all. Attendance was obligation, hmm? Must be rough, being a fish attached to the Scarletfever name. Not like Psychen Academy was necessary for an elite profession, after all. This wasn't business school or law school or a doctoral college. It was just a place that gave people the license to use Variables for primarily government-related work.

Well, who knew what sort of crazy wonky things the Scarletfevers were going to get involved in next? A shrug, before Haruka spoke up, flashing a peace sign and a toothy grin, "Gonna get the training to become a superhero, yo! Disaster relief, counter terrorism, peacekeeping, villain punching, I'm here to springboard into all those things...but I guess I'm not desperate enough to, say, kill all our competitors in order to get there."

It wasn't a jab, not really.

"Hopefully we won't have to break any bones to pass this test, right?"