The Uprising

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that the RP has been taking a rather passive approach, having people come to them. Though it looks like it was about to get more active before the RP it self got less so. Maybe they can start actively seeking un-naturals and shifting more towards training and planning on fighting back. Would be a good way to re-fill any loss members as well.
That's where we were headed but I don't exactly know what happened. I think it just tends to happen. Especially since this is a part of a 'series' that we've had going on for years now.

Well an established universe might make it a bit easier. Do a bit of a time skip and can have it that new characters have already been tracked down or start off with them being found. Would be easier for people to join as well since there introduction could be that they were discovered and some one is sent to recruit them. Personally I like the already been found Idea seeing as that is the simplest way.

Reactions: Wolverbells
Generally, I think the issue was probably that the RP was separated into active GMs playing established characters who were very much an enclosed circle and then everyone else.

What I have thought, looking back over it, is the best solution would be to use the established characters as specifically GM characters (controlling the plot) but not necessarily as the GM's main role, if that makes sense.

To put it another way: the GMs would have new characters in the same boat as everyone else so that there is better integration but also have their old faves about to steer the plot when needed.

(I believe this approach also better allows for cliff hangers and plot twists: to those who were there, you may remember a twist in School of Powers were Julius faked his own death before coming back after a good while).

(I believe this approach also better allows for cliff hangers and plot twists: to those who were there, you may remember a twist in School of Powers were Julius faked his own death before coming back after a good while).
I don't remember anything before boot camp though :(

Can you give us a quick synopsis? This way my memory can be refreshed and the others know what happened.

Update: If we were to continue the RP, I think it'd be better to stop having 'inside' characters. Having inside characters ruins the element of surprise and it gets boring really quickly. I want it to kind of be like when we had barely started. From what I do remember, the original GM of The Gifted had suddenly vanished and we picked up where she/he had left off and everything was impromptu. I think that's what keeps a roleplay interesting.

I think if I'm going to come back to this type of RP, i'd like for us to just wing it, in a way. Having all knowing characters takes the edge away.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I'm confused. Are you looking to start a new plot with the same characters, or continue the one that was going on?

So there would be no defined plot. More of a group of people trying to figure out what is going on.

I don't know. I've found myself having more fun in a roleplay where there is a main goal, and the GM has a few things planned out, but for the most part the other players have fun finding out what the GM has in store for them. I don't mind a little guiding here and there but my point is that I'm tired of all knowing characters.

I don't even know if I'm making sense. I just drank a bottle of pre-workout and this is all just a bunch of word vomit because I can't stop myself from typing and I can't form any thoughts.

Reactions: Lilium
I don't know. I've found myself having more fun in a roleplay where there is a main goal, and the GM has a few things planned out, but for the most part the other players have fun finding out what the GM has in store for them. I don't mind a little guiding here and there but my point is that I'm tired of all knowing characters.

I don't even know if I'm making sense. I just drank a bottle of pre-workout and this is all just a bunch of word vomit because I can't stop myself from typing and I can't form any thoughts.

We could just reboot everything with a new cast Wolver. Starting with HoP. I'd use a different character, Julius has changed too much for me and he doesn't work without Allister anymore.

I had a vague, unformed idea about a detective/crime solving/mystery RP but I'm not sure how it might work, even without the powers concept!

Also the cliffhanger was when I 'killed' Julius off by dropping a building on top of him. Which also makes my point pretty well: I've accidentally nearly God-moded him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didnt mind if some of you were an in group or whatever you like to call it. honestly with what ive gathered so far by reading the rp i had thought at one point this would have led to some empowered revolution with all the people who had come to the safehouses. Almost like those from HoP were recruiting lol. of course what you guys are the ones in charge here not me. those were just my thoughts

also is this new rp going to be a sandbox rp? It sounds like it is which i hope im reading wrong

I don't think sand box. I think they mean the characters don't know what is going on so they are kind of trying to figure out what is going on and what to do.

I don't think sand box. I think they mean the characters don't know what is going on so they are kind of trying to figure out what is going on and what to do.

Basically this. Where the GM knows the plot but no character is guiding it like I was doing (badly) with Julius and Alexis.

Hence why if we reboot I will be using a brand new character so everyone is on the same playing field.

Basically this. Where the GM knows the plot but no character is guiding it like I was doing (badly) with Julius and Alexis.

Hence why if we reboot I will be using a brand new character so everyone is on the same playing field.
You weren't doing a bad job of guiding plot! if anything I was interested to see what you had in store, since I wasn't around for the HoP rp or any other Empowered (what is this series name lol) rp before this one.

I am okay with characters reacting to events kind of rp. But it's your call dude!

Hi guys! Sorry for my absence.

I have no idea what to do with this rp. I've tried giving it cpr and I even tried shocking it back to life but there's nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.