The Untold Story of an Olympic Trio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at Isabella he could only nod and chuckle a bit. He then turned his attention back to Olympus and began walking forward. He didn't know where the chariot would be located honestly so there was only one place to go..the throne room of the Gods. "We're going to meet the Gods themselves..don't give them eye contact and only speak when spoken to Isabella they might be our parents, aunts, and uncles but they will have no hesitation to teach us a harsh lesson should we upset them."

With that he walked up to a large building that would have looked like a bank or library in the mortal world with large white pillars in front of the building that held the roof up. Going up to the large golden doors he slowly opened the door and walked into the throne room where the thrones of the Gods sat in a large circle on a raised platform. Will wasted no time and made his way to the center of the room where he would take a knee and place one fist on the floor as he lowered his head. The thrones were currently empty but once Will had approached the center of the room and knelt the air began to shift and change around them a clear sign that they were coming.

Isabella followed quickly after on short quick steps, gods forbid she get left behind or lost in a place like this. Her eyes couldn't help but continue to wonder wide and amber-brown with fascination although her mind also wondered to if Will would know where they should go. He definitely seemed to be leading somewhere but it bothered her that she didn't know. The girl would have asked if he hadn't spoken first, repeating what she already knew brought a small roll of the eyes. "Alright alright, I know I know..."

Rose followed quickly after as well, walking just a pace behind Will but enough so he could definitely lead. Even though she and him had been here already on occasion, her gaze couldn't help but wonder just as Isabellas had. It was likely a sight no one got over fast, even the gods themselves must have stopped to occasionally marvel at their creation and wondrous home.

"Uhh..." Isabella had been extaticaly with him all the way but now she was starting to have her first worries, as they approached the great white building she could feel the ball of clenched nerves setting in to dig all the way down her stomach and settle deep. She didn't exactly know what to expect in the great house which was clearly fit for the gods; it didn't feel appropriate to ask at the moment in the silence and part of her wanted to take his hand for comfort but a stronger more independent part easily stopped that from happening. Instead the girl straitened up and followed him through the golden arched doors, her hair trailing down her back as it was brushed back by a quick hand.

Empty. The inside of the pearly room was as grand as the outside, and it was empty.

Was it supposed to be empty? Looking to Will in pause for a moment she was slightly confused but when he keeled in the center of the room not a moment was wasted to follow. It was uncomfortable. The ground was surprisingly cool seeping through the fabric of her clothes but Isabella stayed in her spot at his side awkwardly while she wanted for something to happen. Will had already received a confused glance, he didn't need another one now even though she was unsure of what was happening until the air shifted giving her a spiking chill again all the way up her spine. She didn't need either of her friends to tell her the large thrones in front of them weren't going to be empty for much longer. Remembering what Will said, her eyes went down to the ground in wait.

The air continued to shift and change around them before long it was like a tornado had been unleashed inside the room. Wills hair whipped around him at crazy speeds but not once did he move or look up and suddenly in a flash of lightning on the center throne Zeus appeared tall and proud in his chair. In a sudden burst of water Poseidon appeared on his right. The throne on the left of Zeus stayed empty clearly it was meant for Hades. Slowly but surely in flashes of fire, light, rose petals, owl feathers and other arrays of objects the thrones filled with the Gods every single one of them stood tall and proud. Their eyes glaring down at the three children at their feet.

Only two thrones remained empty the throne on Zeus's left which must have belonged to Hades and another throne at the end of the circle which could only belong to Apollo. Slowly the winds died down and everything settled. The gods remained motionless in their chairs as they eyed the children at their feet. Finally in a loud booming voice Zeus spoke "Why have you come mortals?" Keeping his head down Will spoke his reply "Lord Zeus..we have come in search of Apollo the Oracle has given us the quest to search for him and a prophecy has been spoken.."

The Gods all glance slowly to one another a prophecy? this was indeed dire. Looking back at the children Poseidon then spoke ".My son Will what did the Prophecy speak of?" "..Father the Oracle spoke ""The sun has befallen the golden Chariot. Unless the sea can rise to claim it. Darkness shall rise in its stead and the daughter of the bow will forever be alone" This is why we have come to Olympus..we wish to see the Chariot of Apollo so we may learn of some kind of lead..somewhere Apollo may have disappeared"

Isabella fought the urge to look up as electricity from the lightning in the great gods appearance buzzed through the room, followed by the other elements and mighty figures she didn't dare look up to yet boldly. Her hair whipped around as well more dramatically then Wills but fell back into place once the storm had died down; she raised her head ever so slightly but not enough so that the girl could even see the powerful figures around. She could feel more and more eyes landing on them, each carrying a gaze from curious to simply cold but each deadly powerful enough to almost make her shiver out of their pure presence. The beautiful room lacked warmth it had carried just a moment ago, instead in turn it simply radiated strength in the air and booming voices. A few sharp scents hit her senses, ranging from smooth ocean salt to stormy after rain; even floral roses emitting a sweet scent that could be from no other goddess then Hestia. Her shoulders curled back slightly but the girl wouldn't straiten out, wouldn't look up until she caught movement in similar from Will or Rose out of the corner of her eye.

As will spoke she could feel the hesitant and maybe even nervous thoughts in the air, unspoken chatter paired with more powerful eyes. A prophecy meant the disappearance of Apollo was confirmed of course. Even more so the spoken prophecy words meant their sun gods fate was now rested in the three children kneeling in front of them. Just as she didn't need to look up to know it was Zeus who had spoken in the thunderous booming voice, Isabella knew who spoke next in his powerful but calm tone was none other then the god of the sea himself. The girl desperately wanted to look up with wide eyes now more then ever, just to see if the man resembled Will at all but kept her head lowered for now in lead while her companion recited the lines she had learned by heart very quickly.

Breaking the silence that followed Zeus boomed again; "Rise to your feet, the three of you! We must discuss among ourselves this new prophecy about Apollo." The moment he had spoken Isabella was on her feet standing up proudly tall as instructed, and her knees gave a sigh of relief. She glanced sideways quickly at Will but didn't dare look up to meet the eyes of the gods stationed around the rooms as she had been warned against. At first, she was fairly certain there would be one empty golden throne in the room and so there was. It sat shimmering in the sun, patiently waiting for the return of its master. But soon her sights found an oddity, a simple tall black seat to the right of Zeus that also sat empty. She could only guess who it belonged too but why Hades wasn't accompanying them bubbled up plenty of questions she wouldn't get to ask until they had left the place.

"What is there to discuss?" A nighly cold voice spoke out from the edge of the circle to crop her thought process, opposite from Apollos lone place. It was the darkest shade of midnight speckled with completely real shimmering stars at the top -the girl that sat upon was dwarfed by the throne. She looked very young, but her seat settled Isabellas mind at once of who this was. Artemis, the goddess of the hunt. And she seemed to be on their side, at least for now. "These demi-gods have been given a prophecy for the very thing we have searched an answer too. I see no reason to hide the chariot from them. Let them look and be on their way."

"We have scanned that chariot as much as godly possible without taking the blasted thing apart. They will find no better then we did. There is nothing to see, send them on their way now rather then waste time." A goddess opposite from Zeus spoke, and for the first time Isabella didn't recognise the voice. She glanced up, only breifly and without meeting any eyes around the room, but immediately wished she hadn't from the cold pure unearned bitch gaze of Hera that met her along the way. It sent a shiver down her spine as she dropped eyes again and puffed up slightly in automatic defence. The next words made her clench her teeth tightly to stop from speaking out of turn in a sharp tone, which probably wouldn't have been good at this time. Or any. "Who is this demi-god girl? I do not recognise her as one of our kin." "I am an unclaimed daughter of Apollo, Queen Hera." She replied simply without looking up. Her hair trailed messily along her shoulders and back.

"If she is unclaimed why is she leaving the camp? How can she tell, she does not look like Apollo even the slightest!"
"No, I don't believe that's true -look. She has the eyes and carries a bow arrows."
"Lets hope she doesn't carry his love for haikus as well, that would be a sorry trait to pass on-"
"I can tell. She is. This is hardly relivent, let them see the chariot and be gone from Olympas."
"There is nothing for them to see! I checked that thing myself, are you doubting my ability?"
"Not nearly, I am simply not trusting these young-"
"I trust my son, and I trust the company he chooses."
"There's no harm in letting them see the chariot, honestly. Its not as if they could-"
"You do not know that for certain- and besides, I already said there is nothing to see-
"SILENCE!"

Immediately all voices in the room dropped and Zeus gave a heavy breath after his command before sitting back down in his throne. He eyed the three up for a long moment while the silence hung as commanded, before giving a wave of his large square hand. "Let them see the chariot. I see no harm. This is not up for further discussion, we all know if the prophecy speaks of it then they must have somewhere to start on their search for Apollo. I need not remind you the great things demi-gods have done for us in the past when given the chance; We shall give these young ones a chance to bring him back as their fate suggests." There was a sense of finality within his words, as one by one each god nodded in solid or unhappy agreement.

• Love
Reactions: Andy
Will stood up and listened to their bickering silently and emotionless it was clear he had heard this same thing multiple times just over different matters. When Zeus yelled for silence he flinched slightly and kept his gaze low. Upon hearing his decision he let out a sigh of relief "..thank you lord Zeus it is an honor and a privilege to look upon Apollos mighty Chariot I swear we will find Apollo and return the sun to the sky.."

"See too it that you do," Zeus said firmly as he leaned back. "If the oracle has high hopes for you three, then I do as well. Do not disappoint." He looked over to Apollos empty spot for a moment before electricity buzzed in the room once more; the golden chariot appearing in front of it with a flash. It sat beaming and empty, waiting for the return of its master. But as promised, there seemed to be nothing off or odd about the thing itself. Zeus gave a wave of his hand, as if inviting them to get a closer examination.

Swallowing hard he walks towards the Chariot and says a quick prayer to Apollo before he gently set his fingers upon the chariot as he inspected every part of the Chariot "..where are the horses that pull the Chariot? Mayne I can speak with them also to gain some knowledge if we don't find anything with the chariot

Isabella followed after but Rose was even quicker, standing extremely close to Will in her nervousness with all the gods glaring in their general direction. It seemed to her that's all they ever did, was glare.

"The steeds that usually pull the chariot did not accompany it when we found it at our gates. This was all." The god Artemis seemed to feel it upon herself to speak now as she watched the young ones examine her brothers chariot. Isabella caught a few brief glances out of the corner of her eye at the source of the nightly deep voice but didn't catch enough to scan out an appearance. Which bothered her a bit, she would have liked too. Perhaps now was not the time.

As Will had, the redhead girl sent a prayer to her unofficial father before laying her hands on the golden object. It was warm, radiating heat from inside the flawless metal. Most unfortunately, nothing seemed to be out of place upon first glance. Absolutely nothing, even the seat inside looked as though it had never been sat upon and surface was forever indentedly smooth. "Are you seeing anything?" Isabella questioned quietly to Will as she ran her hand along the edge. It was incredibly smooth. "What ever happened, it sure looks like he didn't go down with much of a fight... I guess that's one of the advantages of having a magical ride. Self fixing?"

• Love
Reactions: Andy
He continues to slowly look around the chariot he refused to believe there wasn't at least one clue no matter how small. The horses didn't arrive with the chariot? That makes no sense..how could it have gotten back to Olympus? The only way is if someone rode it back or carried it back but neither of those options seemed likely. He then got on his back and crawled under the chariot where he would freeze in place and mutter silently but it was loud enough for everyone to hear "..titans...."

Isabella could practically see Wills mind clicking away trying to figure something out. It was incredible to her that they had managed to get this far even, to see the magnificent golden chariot, but she wouldn't stop there. Not until they found something to lead off of, not until they found somewhere to start. It was disappointing and curious to hear that the horses were missing as well; they could be with Apollo or they could be dead for all they knew but either way it didn't seem like they were going to help.

When he crawled under the chariot she was slightly surprised but then again, it was good thinking. Obviously she hadn't thought to check every inch of it, which made the girl puff slightly in her own lack of thinking. In fact, from some of the looks the gods gave them when Will did so, it seemed as though they might have also forgotten to check underneath. Or perhaps they found themselves above crawling on the ground to do so.

Hera looked pissed.

However for a few moments it didn't seem like he found anything, so her careful eyes went back to looking over the surface and seat inside as she could feel the collective sigh in the room. She barley caught the single word he breathed, but it reached her ears on a tip making the girl stop to crouch down beside him. "What did you say?"

He slowly crawls out from under the chariot. His face was pale and his eyes wide with one strong heave he shoved the chariot onto it's side revealing the symbol of the Titans "..I said...Titans..."

The chariot gave a shutter and a loud ear splitting crash when it fell on it's side but there was no doubt it would still be unscratched and undented. Isabella probably would have been shocked at the strength Will must have needed to tip the large golden chariot on it's side; but then again, his words were enough to take her mind off of that.

"What?!" Zeuses voice boomed in the room even more ear splitting then the chariot. His electric blue eyes were set directly on the symbol as was every other powerful gaze in the room; wide and startled -some of them even looked a bit scared. "Brother..." Zeus looked to his brother Poseidon when he spoke and gave a nod before speaking again in a low, guarded tone. "We must go. All of us. See yourself out, mortals." His eyes narrowed for a moment before just as they came, with blinding flashes of power one by one each god dissappeared from the grand pearly room.

"As in..." Isabella stared at the symbole with big eyes; she had never seen it before in her life or even something remotely similar... That didn't stop the natural shiver running down her back. Maybe it was also from the expression both Will and Rose carried, knotting her stoumach. The mark itself radiated dark power, stained faints the gold background of light. "As in the titians before the gods...? They're still around..?"

He nods slowly and swallows hard "..the titans have never really died..they were cast into tarturus..spending their years reforming and regaining their power...it's like Atlas his punishment was to hold up the sky for eternity..the titans will never fully be gone..but..we never thought they'd get enough power to come back.."

Isabella continued to stare at the symbol for a moment before her eyes found Will. She knew she story of the titans, their rise and fall in power, their place now as far as Greek mythology was concerned but even through the last past days never thought about a force above the gods that could cause trouble. "If they have enough power to take down a god... But what benefit would they get from capturing Apollo? What benefit would... Losing the sun give to them?"

"Think about it..the God's get their power through prayers if any kind..take away the sun that causes fear fear then turns to panic then panic turns to chaos and chaos leads to an uprising. If everyone were to up rise they would forget their prayers and the gods would slowly weaken until the tit and could come in and kill them without even trying"

Isabella swallowed hard for a moment thinking darkly about his words; and the pressure placed on them by the oracle now that this was indeed a dangerously dire situation. She straitened up slightly however, putting her shoulders back rather then let the slight fear show through as the girl was prone I hiding. Now was not the time to he shrinking back in fear, not when they had a job to do. She wondered where the gods had gone off to but no doubt it related... It was just them now.

"Well that won't happen, because we have somewhere to start and we know now. We really don't have much time then if that's the case, it won't be long before panic sets in if the sun stops rising. Where do the titans currently reside? Or are the scattered? Do you have an idea of which one might be behind this, some that have been more powerful lately maybe?" She tried to keep the anxiety out of her tone and succeeded, with a slight puff of her chest.

He sighs and rubs his eyes as he starts pacing "I don't know..it's almost impossible to know..most of them were banished to Tarturus the others put in inescapable prisons each of their locations is specifically guarded..I have no idea where to start or even which titan attacked him.."

Normally Isabella would probably be pacing too, but as much as she wanted too; two out of three of them pacing around the room probably wouldn't help with the situation. So instead she leaned back against the side of the chariot and crossed her arms in thought. It was warm. "Alright Will just take a few deep breaths ok? We'll figure this out, there's gotta be something in the prophecy that would help..."

She mumbled the smooth lines under her breath a few times, each time it sent a small shiver up her spine but she still continued to try and analize anything that might help. But paired along with the little they already knew, the little they thought they knew what meant, there was really nothing that made sense. Her brows furrowed in clear concentration and frustration. "The only lines I can think of that might help don't click in any way..." She scrunched a frustrated hand up in her red hair. "The sun has befallen the golden chariot, well, we already figured golden chariot was Apollo but maybe the sun that fell it is something different? Maybe that's referring to something else? And then the darkness... well that could just be anything, it could be nothing or it could be general..."

She groaned the last part to herself, knowing it wouldn't be helpful at all. She didn't even know the names and tittles of all the titans, although she knew quite a few from Greek mythology class. Hyperion obviously, of the sun light and power; Oceanus of the waters and sea; Kronos of time and agriculture... She was sure there were too many to have time to run through all of them but even so they weren't going anywhere until they figured out where to start.

He stops pacing and looks over at her "no..the sun is Apollo it has to be..and we know the sea is us for i'm a son of Poseidon "The sea must rise and claim it" so it means that the three of us are going to find Apollo no matter what..Darkness..I think that has to do with the titans now..because what is more dark then the Titans evil? wait...hold on darkness..what if it means..as in the actual darkness..the moon! Selene! Titan of the moon and night what if she's the one who attacked Apollo? I mean seriously? who has to gain more out of the disappearance of the sun then the Titan of the moon!?" Will couldn't help but shout now that he was so excited that he might have figured out who had committed the crime but he still had no idea where to search for Apollo

Isabella watched Will intently as he connected the dots, links she had never seen prior but then again it was clear his extensive knowledge of the magical god world came in handy at times like this. Sure she had taken the class and her brain was hard-wired for ancient Greek, but that was nothing compared to the boy who had grown up in a camp for demi-god half bloods. Titan of the moon? She hadn't even known there was one, but if she had there was no garentee the girl would ever be able to connect the links as Will just had. No, that in itself was just impressive and incredibly encouraging -just one more piece of the puzzle figured out!

Of course it made sense, she couldn't help but to flash a real grin especially when he shouted. She felt a bubble of his excitement spread to herself as well, it was deeply contagious. "You're right -I don't think just about anyone would have more reason to take the god of the sun out. Well where is the titan of the moon kept, you said they were scattered in different prisons and guards right? Well, I would assume she's not there any longer -but if it was a clear break out, we probably would have heard about it. Still, if we can find a way to get there maybe it could lead us to another link?" The girl stood up tall in her eagerness now that they had a lead, brows slightly furrowed in thought. It was clear her thoughts were flowing off her tongue without mind to them before hand but that didn't mean they weren't any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.