The Ultimate Marvel Roleplaying Universe (OoC and Sign-Ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it! Sounds good to me.

I have a feeling that "Pierce" and Erik are going to have an interesting time with these youngsters.

Both Magneto and Chameleon would have ear pieces of course, but in an emergency Chameleon would be the last person to go on radio silence.

I like it! Sounds good to me.

I have a feeling that "Pierce" and Erik are going to have an interesting time with these youngsters.

Yep.

We can't really pick apart her sheet until its complete. Doesn't seem fair in my opinion. We'll wait until she's done before critiquing it.

Sorry this is taking so long.. My internet keeps crashing. >_<

Anyways, it finally let me get to the final part. Since I posted one in my previous sheet, do I need to write another sample post?

It would help to see how you write as Tony, but if we're looking primariy at how you write a post in general, then I guess not.

I'd like to see a Tony post, but we can wait until the IC if you feel like it'll be better.

I can do one, if you'd like, it's just between my internet glitching and how tired I am it may not turn out the best. But, as you wish, one Tony post comin' up. ^_^

Don't worry about the quality, we'll be looking at your first sample post as the main reference anyways ^^

I thought this storyline was still occurring before the Avengers were fully founded?

Accepted!

Doesn't it contradict what we've already established of the world's history? Particularly in Razilin's character sheets?

No offense to SavMarie, but that CS is incompatible with the world as it's been set up so far.

Eh, they could've been founded or could not have been. You and Sav can discuss it, I'm just the guy who accepts things and pitches ideas.

Huh? Oh, sorry. I'll take it down and fix it in the morning, when my mind is actually working. >_< Sorry about that!!

@Sav: Probably be helpful to leave out direct references to other superheroes yet, since it'll give all of us a lot of room to play with as far as worldbuilding. Ie, we havent even touched on Namor, the Thunderbolts, etc.

...and my mind just got bombarded with reboot ideas for mix-mashing some of the team lineups in the future.

Reactions: Midnight Maiden
FINALY -dead-
Ok, might no't be the best work of art. Yet, I.. uh >.>" I am sorry that took so long. I only have 6 days and I pretty scared to sum up. :]
--------
Edit: Uh I am sorry, but I changed some minor... major... how to name it, some things around the CS.
--------
Edit2: If something must be changed tell me? Or I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sav: Probably be helpful to leave out direct references to other superheroes yet, since it'll give all of us a lot of room to play with as far as worldbuilding. Ie, we havent even touched on Namor, the Thunderbolts, etc.

...and my mind just got bombarded with reboot ideas for mix-mashing some of the team lineups in the future.
Alright, thanks for the input. So does that mean as far as hero/villain relationships I should go ahead and leave it blank, for now?

Yea :) the hero/villain relationship you can leave it blank as long during the rp you will fill it :) I hope that I helped you

I'm seriously sorry about asking all these questions, but did the bio itself(Tony's history) need altered as well,or was it just the relationships? (If you haven't noticed, I'm slow)

I couldn't read all the ideas that our soon-to-be teammates agreed with. I think that as over-all we should keep the essential things of the character, but thing can be changed. You make Tony's CS so for the relationship I think is the way he will interract with our characters and maybe others, as for background/history it can be molded the way you want. As examples you can take our characters. I am sorry, but I am no't very informed about some things. I pretty much don't know if my CS is ok. I think it tends to the original one. But still, is ok.
Make the CS at your own steps and if someone more informed than me will be online he/she will help you. I am sorry that I couldn't help you to much. But for more qiestions I will try my best.

I couldn't read all the ideas that our soon-to-be teammates agreed with. I think that as over-all we should keep the essential things of the character, but thing can be changed. You make Tony's CS so for the relationship I think is the way he will interract with our characters and maybe others, as for background/history it can be molded the way you want. As examples you can take our characters. I am sorry, but I am no't very informed about some things. I pretty much don't know if my CS is ok. I think it tends to the original one. But still, is ok.
Make the CS at your own steps and if someone more informed than me will be online he/she will help you. I am sorry that I couldn't help you to much. But for more qiestions I will try my best.
It's alright, thank you! You were plenty helpful. :) I just quoted a bio I found on the Marvel Wiki... *Whistles innocently* My internet wasn't letting me on it long enough to type my own bio, so I compromised.
Anyways, took out the relationships and here it is.

Name: Anthony Edward Stark

Appearance:
7e09rChM9zJpuaMAt2oqecnLMilnVymjzI686qURE2rL9GHUmaUJ6bC5DVnfBWjZEWmOQFsFDALcFEadMAoXnDe41cvPWW_jqv0Hljp4G2Cbt_oWGaQEj6eJTi9zFeiG2Q

Alias: Tony, Iron Man

Hero, Walking-the-line, or Villain: Walking the line

Background and Hero/Villain Origins: Anthony "Tony" Stark was born to Howard Anthony Stark and Maria Collins Carbonell Stark, owners of the prominent US firm, Stark Industries. As a boy, Tony was fascinated with building and controlling machines. At the age of 15 Tony entered the undergraduate electrical engineering program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and graduated with two master's degrees by age 19. Tony went to work for Stark Industries, but showed more interest in living a reckless playboy lifestyle than using his engineering skills. At the age of 21, Tony inherited Stark Enterprises when his parents were killed in a car accident secretly orchestrated by rival corporation Republic Oil (later ROXXON). Still lacking in business acumen, Tony promoted secretary Virginia "Pepper" Potts to be his executive assistant and left the majority of his workload on her so that he could avoid what he saw as a burden.

Tony personally attended a field test of his military hardware at one of his international plants; however, soon after his arrival Stark's party was attacked by a gang of terrorists led by the Sin-Cong revolutionary Wong Chu. During the skirmish, a land mine went off and lodged a piece of shrapnel near Tony's heart. Taken back to Wong-Chu's camp, Tony shared a cell with Professor Ho Yinsen, a world-famous physicist. Wong-Chu demanded that the two scientists develop advanced weaponry for his forces. Knowing that he could not live long with the shrapnel so close to his heart, Tony proposed that he and Yinsen devote their gifts to creating one of the battlesuits he had been developing, equipped with a magnetic field generator to prevent the shrapnel from reaching his heart. The armor they created became the first true Iron Man armor and was equipped with crude magnetic weaponry for defense. While the armor's battery was being powered, some of Wong-Chu's men attempted to break in on the proceedings. Yinsen went to create a diversion and was shot to death by Wong-Chu's men. When the battery had finished charging, Tony went into battle as Iron Man and tore Wong-Chu's camp apart. He eventually returned to the USA with the aid of US Marine James "Rhodey" Rhodes. Tony offered Rhodey a job with his company should he ever need one.

At first, Tony found his new life a torment; his armor's chest plate had to be worn constantly and required frequent recharging. He kept the armor a secret from everyone, including his fiancée, Joanna Nivena. Turning suicidal and drinking heavily, Tony was supported by Joanna, with whom he shared his secret identity. Joanna encouraged him to use his armor as a super hero, but ultimately called off the engagement knowing Tony would not be the family man she desired.

Tony worked to improve the Iron Man armor and claimed Iron Man was Tony Stark's personal bodyguard to disguise his identity. Later, Tony helped establish the international super-spy agency SHIELD to combat terrorist threats.

(Info quoted from; http://marvel.com/universe/Iron_Man_(Anthony_Stark)#ixzz37sTW2s1i)

Personality: Tony, in short, is a snarky, flirtatious, annoying, childish, ingenious, smartass. He often lacks concern for anyone but himself, and frequently gets on quite a few people's nerves. Despite this, his suave and charming nature is usually enough to compensate for it. For the most part, Tony focuses on his own benefit above all.

Powers/Abilities: While Tony has no 'magical abilities', he compensates for it with his variety of well-equipped iron suits.

Weaknesses/Tragic Flaw: Tony does, like everyone else, have his weak points. He has a tendency to be a snob, and can occasionally unintentionally shove away people he cares about. Tony also can have a tendency to lose his temper, lose focus at completely inappropriate times, if his arc reactor breaks and he doesn't have a spare he could die, amongst a variety of other flaws and weaknesses.

Hero/Villain Relationships: TBD

Occupation: Adventurer, president emeritus of Stark Industries, founder of Maria Stark Foundation; formerly director of S.H.I.E.L.D., CEO of Stark Industries, Stark Solutions, Stark Enterprises, Circuits Maximus & Stark International, US Secretary of Defense, computer technician

Sample Post: While almost any other superhero around the world was likely off saving people or thwarting villains evil schemes, maybe just sitting around worrying about the antics of baddies and when they'd strike again, Tony Stark was in his lab.. Boredly and absently working on schematics for a new suit. His current one, Mark 5, was fine.. But despite, the billionaire always saw room for improvement. So, why not expand a bit? Even if Tony would deny that he actually intended to use his suit for anything good, and just say that he upgraded solely out of boredom and a need to do something.

But hey, it wasn't like anyone actually knew for certain or not. Hell, for all anyone knew, Tony wanted to use his suit to mcfuck up the city.

But admittedly, Tony had felt a little different since the Synthetic Seven incident. Not that he'd admit that to anyone, or anything.. But it had almost felt good to be out there, fighting those guys. Maybe it was the sense of partnership with the other 'heroes', or it was the positive feeling of helping people, or even just that it felt damn good to get out and whip some ass.

Even Tony didn't really know what it was.. But he didn't like it. Why would he feel good about any of that? Aside from the latter, of course; that always felt good. But the other two made no sense. Tony Stark didn't need a team... He worked alone. And he certainly wasn't one of those goody-goody heroes bent on 'saving the world' and catering to citizen's needs.

Damn emotions, being all fucked up.

Sighing heavily, the man rubbed his face, setting the schematics down on one of the tables in the lab. And with that, he simply made his way out, heading to his bar counter and getting himself a drink. This was a common routine; go to meetings, work on his suits or other projects, drink. He knew this wasn't good for him, of course.. But who cared? Certainly not the philanthropist. In fact, it was quite the opposite.

Suddenly, Tony heard his phone going off.. And groaned in detest. "Sir, the-" "I know, JARVIS. Decline call." "Yes, sir." Satisfied by the silence returning to the room, Stark simply stayed in his seat at the bar, drinking away and thinking about what he could- and should -do.. Both as the famous Tony Stark, and as Iron Man. Nobody knew the two were the same.. And most still thought Iron Man was solely Tony's guardian. But, suspicion had been raised as of recent.. Tony had been putting his suit to a bit better use lately; occasionally rescuing citizens, fighting off bad guys.. And then there was the SS.

What kind of bodyguard did things like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.