The Ultimate Marvel Roleplaying Universe (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fog
Jay watched quietly as the cops formed a blockade around the heroes, not letting any citizens through too the battle ground. He was late too the party, he had hope too catch up to one of them, "SandMan", and end his life. He learned of the seven escaped super villains over a police radio two blocks down, and quickly ran here, unable to put on his suit. He managed too retrieve one of his revolvers from his backpack in an alley way near by, but by the time he returned, the police were on the scene.
He leaned against a wall, one of his revolvers tucked into the back of his black jeans. One of the cops gaze's shifted towards him, and Jay shot him a smile. Before walking across the street. Accidentally walking into a young girl (@Pepper) he said in an annoyed tone "Watch it kid." Heading down an alley way to try and find a way around the road block, he thought too himself "Damn, superheroes, thinking they run things perfectly if they let the evildoers live." Turning the corner he walked smack dab into a police officer, who said "Where do you think your going bud? This area is off limits."

Shrugging he opened his mouth too speak but instead shot a wave of air towards the officer, sending him flying backwards into a wall, knocking him out cold. Smiling, Jay quickly stashed the officer into a trashcan. Getting his gear out, he set the one piece armor on the ground and let air fill into it. Pressing his hand on the suits glove, he felt his skin lighten and get sucked into the suit. Soon it was his arm, then his body, then his head and legs. Soon Jay was no longer a civilian: But was Fog. Retrieving his two revolvers, brass knuckles that word morph into a sword at while, and shotgun Fog watched from the shadows of the alley way, and waited too see if Spiderman gave a clue on where his target could've gone.

Lounging around in Stark Tower, Tony himself happened to be working on one of his suits. Pepper was taking the day off, so far as he knew, so he worked in a bliss silence. Well, bliss, until JARVIS interrupted out of nowhere and distracted Tony to a point where he nearly burnt himself with the blowtorch he'd been using. "Sir, seven mutant criminals have broken lose. Shall I deploy the Mark 5?" "Damn, JARVIS... Give me a heart attack why dontcha." "My apologies, sir." Tony paused to think. Hmm, what, out of this, would benefit him? He couldn't think of anything, aside from publicity and something to do. He shrugged after a bit of thought. "Sure, why not?" With that, JARVIS deployed the suit, and it slowly encased the billionaire. Soon enough, Stark took to the skies, and in a matter of minutes was hovering at the scene. "Well, well, if it isn't spider-boy, Magnet-man and my favorite D.U.C.C!" This happened to only be the first people he saw. As he looked around, he noticed the other SHIELD agents, and called out to them all by the nicknames he knew they hated. "Ha, ha. Anyway!" He landed abruptly. "Find any leads on the stupid-seven yet?"

Last edited:
"Yeah, I'm fine Cap... Thanks, but no thanks. I stand by a few rules, one of which is "never trust big organizations that can contact me through my iPhone's screen while I'm on private time". I appreciate what you're trying to do, honestly, but I'm just not interested. Maybe sometime in the future." Peter explained before he was approached by a man named Magneto. Weird name, but then again he was originally going to be known as The Human Spider, so Peter wasn't really one to judge superhero names. "Spider-Man. Nice meeting you, Magneto. But don't worry about me, I've seen worse days. Remember the Spider-Slayer incident a few months back? Guess who they were trying to take down?" the teen explained with the raise of a hand and a shrug. "Not that I didn't kick Smythe's butt because of it, but those things were constantly tracking me. I'm surprised I got away in such good condition as is. Thankfully, the seven of them working together exploited some major weaknesses that helped me survive."

As Peter overheard Cap talking about finding and detaining the Seven, Peter raised a hand towards the D.U.C.C. unit. "No offence Cap, but you're wasting your time. Knowing those guys, and unfortunately I do, they're probably halfway to Mexico right now. Finding them is gonna be like finding a needle in a haystack. They know how to lay low, especially when they just escaped a high security prison." Peter explained, bending over Howard as he spoke. All of a sudden, he heard the sound of a very familiar propulsion system and nodded in genuine astonishment. Of all people to show up, Peter honestly didn't expect Toby Stark's bodyguard. "Huh, go figure. They dragged you out here too, Iron Man? You guys shouldn't be getting too over excited. Trust me, its best if you leave the situation alone. Hydro-Man, Electro, Swarm... All those guys are my enemies. If you want to help, you'll let me work this out on my own. Besides, you guys have a reputation to keep up. Despite you and your pals playing clean-up crew, Cap, you know I'm still gonna get blamed for the damage... and the break out... and letting the Synthetic Seven escape. So why don't you guys do the same thing every cop in this town does and shoot at me? It'll save you the trouble of actually helping out when you're not needed."

Last edited:
"Spider-Man. Nice meeting you, Magneto. But don't worry about me, I've seen worse days. Remember the Spider-Slayer incident a few months back? Guess who they were trying to take down?" the teen explained with the raise of a hand and a shrug. "Not that I didn't kick Smythe's butt because of it, but those things were constantly tracking me. I'm surprised I got away in such good condition as is. Thankfully, the seven of them working together exploited some major weaknesses that helped me survive."

Erik remained quiet as the boy spoke and catalogued the different mannerisms. His eyes remained observant as Spider-man turned to the D.U.C.C. Unit, "No offence Cap, but you're wasting your time. Knowing those guys, and unfortunately I do, they're probably halfway to Mexico right now. Finding them is gonna be like finding a needle in a haystack. They know how to lay low, especially when they just escaped a high security prison."

"Well, well, if it isn't spider-boy, Magnet-man and my favorite D.U.C.C!"

Magneto felt his eye twitch as he turned to Ironman. The small, unprofessional part of his brain begged him to crush the suit into a tiny ball with the Billionaire still inside. Thankfully for Tony, Magneto's professional side won out and he ignored the man, turning to Spiderman as the boy began to speak,

"Huh, go figure. They dragged you out here too, Stark? You guys shouldn't be getting too over excited. Trust me, its best if you leave the situation alone. Hydro-Man, Electro, Swarm... All those guys are my enemies. If you want to help, you'll let me work this out on my own. Besides, you guys have a reputation to keep up. Despite you and your pals playing clean-up crew, Cap, you know I'm still gonna get blamed for the damage... and the break out... and letting the Synthetic Seven escape. So why don't you guys do the same thing every cop in this town does and shoot at me? It'll save you the trouble of actually helping out when you're not needed."

Magneto's temper flared at the child's words and his lips settled into a thin line. The man tapped a few buttons on his wrist sending a silent order to D.U.C.C. to tranq the kid if he got too rowdy. Walking closer to the teen, Magneto spoke in a grim tone,

"You say you get blamed for the damage. I can understand that. You are considered a menace by most. Do you know why, kid?" Magneto paused for a moment his eyes attempting to bore holes into Spider-man's head, "It is because you don't follow any rules. You have taken it upon yourself to be a vigilante. That is the most irresponsible use of your powers you could have chosen save for being a criminal. By taking this route, you are telling the people of this city that your power is more important than their decisions to have a government in place who can protect them. The people have chosen to have law enforcement to protect them. Your power does not give you the right to go against that. You want to be responsible with your powers? Then grow the frick up and learn some humility. You could accomplish so much more with S.H.I.E.L.D. But if you want to be some petulant kid who doesn't care about the fate and choices of others...then fine. If you take that route though, you don't deserve your power."

Just as Magneto began to ride him for being a vigilante, Peter felt himself get infuriated. What was this guy's deal?! As he exclaimed that Peter shouldn't have his powers if he was going to use them for vigilante purposes, Peter sighed and pulled him close. "Look, I don't know who you think you are, but you have no right to tell me what I can and can't do with my life. Sure, I chose a vigilante life, but that was my choice. You don't know one thing about me, so don't you dare talk to me about responsibility. Where were you when I was dealing with the Seven? Oh, that's right: you were showing up. Hell, even your stupid prison couldn't keep them locked up, a prison which SHIELD claimed was "top of the line". I don't pretend to be something I'm not, and what I am, people don't seem to like. As I can see, you're another one of those Bugle-lovers who's got their face so far up J-J's butt, I can clearly see the brown on your nose. So do me a favour and back off, pal." Peter explained in a rather aggressive tone. Spider-Man was never known for aggression, but it was obvious that Magneto had hit a nerve. Looking towards the D.U.C.C, Peter shook his head and said "You need to keep your dog on a leash, Cap. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go do some actual hero-ing instead of showing up at the last minute and taking credit for an investigation that's totally worthless." before he turned around and ran off, flinging a web towards a nearby building. He needed to relax, cool down... It wasn't like him to get upset over stuff like this. That Magneto guy was obviously just some new recruit who didn't have proper people skills. Whatever the case may be, Spidey now had beef with the mutant. Speaking of mutants, he noticed he was passing by the mutant side of New York. Maybe he'd stop by Wannabee's and say hello to his friend, Laurie.

• Love
Reactions: Ravenbelle
Magneto shook his head irritably as Spider-man left. The kid didn't have the first clue about respect or humility. Regardless of what Spider-man thought about his powers, if the police were shooting at him it didn't take a genius to figure out you were breaking the law. Regardless of your heroic motivations. Hopefully the kid would learn. Or he would end up in a jail cell somewhere. No matter. Magneto turned to Pierce and asked,

"Find anything, Pierce?"

After hearing Pierce's response, Magneto would turn to IronMan and ask, "Mind doing a scan of the area with your suit? It would probably be faster than having forensics here."

"I found trace amounts of Sandman and Hydro-Man's combined muddy sludge," responded 'Pierce.' "I don't know that it's really a lead since they scattered separately, but it's what I found." He turned and scowled at Spider-Man as he swung away.

"I predicted SHIELD's moves perfectly," the Leader thought aloud into the transceiver. "But I was unable to account for the Spider-Man being so boneheaded. What a waste."

Tony gave a small scoff at Spider-Man telling him whether or not he should get involved. "And you think I'm going to listen to some rebel kid? I chose to come here, and I'l stay and help if I please. You should be grateful." Kids these days. Tony crossed his arms, silently checking a radar of the area through his suit's screen. That was when Magneto asked, "Mind doing a scan of the area with your suit? It would probably be faster than having forensics here." "Of course, already on it. While it processes, I'll run a perimeter." With that, Tony was soon back in the air. It didn't take long for him to give a quick fly-by of the area, at least enough of one to see whether there were many(if any) traces of the villains to follow.

Howard was relaying the whole heated conversation between the superheroes to the bridge of the Helicarrier, where Rogers was shaking his head in disbelief. He really should have seen this coming, since the superheroes of the world were a notoriously independent bunch. They fight their own battles, against their own enemies, and many of them had extreme personalities just shy of Tony Stark - of course they would clash.

It made Rogers briefly think back to a year ago, when Nick Fury formally resigned from SHIELD and turned directorship over to him. Rogers didn't buy it, Fury's excuse that he was getting to old to be in the business. Someone of Fury's cunning didn't retire, they just found other way to keep occupied. When confronted, Fury relented and told him the truth.

"These are the guys Nick wanted me to recruit for the Avengers Initiative?" Rogers muttered under his breath. Nick Fury had the intellect and cunning to pull off something as crazy as the Avengers Initiative, the idea that various superheroes could come together to be something greater than the individual parts. What Fury lacked, however, was the ability to bring such a crew together - an ability that Fury believed could be fulfilled by Captain America.

Rogers watched on the monitors as Spider-Man swung away. He activated the comm, "We're not getting anywhere with hunting the Synthetic Seven, it seems. Magneto, Piece, D.U.C.C., return to base. Don't get too comfortable; you three are going to investigate how those supervillains got out of the Treskelion Institute to begin with. Stark, I assume you're hacking our secure line and listening in, so maybe you can come up here and help us out on that? Something's fishy about this break-out and I want answers."

Reactions: ch0sen1
Stark, who had just finished running his perimeter check, was heading back to where he started. He had, in fact, hacked into the system, but it wasn't like he was going to tell everyone that. So, upon receiving Steve's orders, he did a bit more work so he could respond and the Captain would still hear it. "Right, I'm on it, Frosty," Tony responded. Overall, he wasn't too astonished SHIELD knew his identity. Besides, he knew they wouldn't reveal him, so he didn't worry much about it. His focus was on the synthetic seven and tracking them down. However, realizing even he couldn't do it alone, he decided to follow the captain's orders. After tracing the line to the Helicarrier, Stark took off once more, reaching the deck with ease. He hadn't thought to wait for the others; he always tended to go at his own pace.

"I found trace amounts of Sandman and Hydro-Man's combined muddy sludge," responded 'Pierce.' "I don't know that it's really a lead since they scattered separately, but it's what I found."

"Ironman should find anything that the Forensics would otherwise find. You can just give that junk to them," Magneto nodded at the man his eyes grew distant for a moment in thought. It was like the kid didn't even bother to listen. At his age, Magneto had been taught respect by the harsh rule of a military sergeant. No matter, Spiderman would learn eventually. Erik tilted his head to the right as the Captain's voice came over the speaker.

"We're not getting anywhere with hunting the Synthetic Seven, it seems. Magneto, Piece, D.U.C.C., return to base. Don't get too comfortable; you three are going to investigate how those supervillains got out of the Treskelion Institute to begin with."

"Affirmative, Captain," Magneto punched a few buttons on his wrist and looked over at his team, "Get ready to head back to base. I'll want a full report ready by the time we dock. Not like much happened here anyways."

So saying, Magneto turned and waited for the transport ship to arrive.

Rogers was alerted to Stark's arrival on the Helicarrier and went to the landing deck to greet him. There would be some lag time before Magneto, Pierce, and Howard returned, but the hovercraft transporting the three was already on route. Rogers strode onto the landing deck with the chilly wind blasting his blonde hair away from his face. Stark was resplendent in the latest Iron Man armor and exuded the same uninhibited force of personality its pilot was infamous for.

Stark was one of the first dossiers Rogers read up on once he became SHIELD director and the hints of Howard Stark shone through. Rogers shook the memories away - the Howling Commandos, a young Howard Stark, the war - and approached the infamous entrepreneur.

"Iron Man, welcome aboard the Helicarrier," Rogers welcomed. "I know you're trying to keep a low profile; the only ones who know you're identity are Fury and me. At any rate, I'm hoping you can help with tracking down the Synthetic Seven and how they got out of the Treskelion Institute. Our on-deck lab should have everything you need to get started."

Stark, upon Steve's arrival/greeting on the deck, gave a comical mock salute. "Why thank you, Captain," he replied, the billionaire deciding to give the captain a break from his usual constant slander and variety of nicknames. After this, Tony crossed his arms, gaining all seriousness. It seemed he was in possession of a brief kindness, though, at the moment. "Thank you and the pirate, both, for keeping that little bit of information privy. It sincerely means a lot," Tony said. However, this sincerity and heartfeltness was extremely rare for this particular playboy, and it quickly passed. "Of course I can. Just tell me what you need me to do." For once, it appeared Tony was thinking a little more about people aside from himself. And, seemed ready to take orders, something also very rare.

Peter swung through the city, still grumbling to himself about how the SHIELD reps treated him. It wasn't like he did anything wrong, yet they all critiqued him on being the first one to respond to the situation. Even worse, that Magneto guy acted like he was some kind of repulsive lump who had no business saving people. "Oh yeah, that's right. I'm the problem. If it wasn't for me, New York would still be pitch black with an electric maniac running around, or turned into a bunch of creepy man-lizards, or torn apart by Smythe's drones! With or without me, that stuff was gonna happen. I've been the one who actually managed to beat them when everyone was too busy scratching their butts..." Peter grumbled before he realized just how petty he sounded. Popping his eyes open in genuine shock, he groaned and said "Great, not only am I acting like an angst-filled teenager, but I'm monologuing! Geez... I've gotta stop that. People already think I'm crazy, they don't need me talking to myself as further proof."

As he made it into the mutant part of town, he swung by a familiar club. "Hey, Wannabee's. Maybe Laura's in today." Peter said quietly as he landed on a nearby building. Looking at the club, he shrugged and decided it was time for a casual visit. Quickly darting to a part of the roof where nobody on the streets or looking out their windows would be able to see him, he quickly changed back into his civilian clothes. Taking out his contacts and shoving his large black glasses on, Peter quickly got back up and walked down the fire escape. Walking along the road, he realized that he should probably get the young woman some kind of lunch. From what they had briefly discussed in the past, she very rarely got a proper meal aside from burgers and fries or whatever it was they served as food in there. Knowing this, Peter made a swift u-turn and entered a nearby Shawarma place. After spending another $10 for two orders of chicken shawarma with soft drinks, he made his way back over to the club. That was when he realized the club wasn't open just yet.

Crap. Now what? Aunt May isn't expecting me to be home yet, its too early... Wait, isn't that her sitting in there? Peter thought to himself before he raised an eyebrow and leaned closer to the glass. Seated at a table not too far away from the front door, was a girl with suspiciously similar looks to that of Laura. Tapping the glass loudly to try and get the young woman's attention, Peter shrugged his shoulders as if to say "What the hell?". Holding up the bag of take-away, Peter called out "HEY! YOU! PRETTY GIRL! Mind opening the door? I've got chicken shawarma and I'm feeling up to sharing!" in a playful tone, smiling as he tried to wave down Laura.

Last edited:
  • Love
[fieldbox=X-23, red, solid]
After arbitrarily cleaning up her workplace top to bottom, X-23 was kind of dirty and reading one of her favorite parts of Pinocchio. The novel was an elongated and deeper version of the storybook her mother used to read to her when she was young and still susceptible to silly things like sympathy. It was a rare thing to see X-23 wanting to remember anything from her past, but this was one of the very rare bright spots while in the facility that raised her. And it served as such a great distraction in fact, that she only began to sense someone watching her right before they knocked on the door. Laura flinched and gave a hard stare at the guy behind the door, even though she recognized the voice.

Oh. Peter.

Laura huffed and stood up next to the booth she had been lounging in, clearly irritated. What the hell is he doing here? Does he want some kind of favor? Surely that would be the only reason he'd call her 'pretty' or bring her food. As much as she wanted to turn around and go back to her book until he walked away,...he brought food. Good food. Laura bit her lip, teasingly indecisive as she walked slowly to the door. "I dunno...letting in strangers in against the rules, pretty boy... that shawarma could be poisoned for all I know!" Laura smirked and pulled out her key, spinning it around her index finger while she leaned against the locked door nerdy little Peter could never get through in a million years. She wasn't honestly trying to make him go away since..well, who would pass up free food? But how could she resist toying with him for a little while? Keeping him on the other side of the door seemed smart anyway. Having him close always made her feel insecure, like she couldn't hold her secrets tight enough.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Director Rogers led Tony Stark to the on-deck laboratory on the Helicarrier. It was one of the smaller facilities on the military vessel, but had enough hardware to equip an Oscorp lab twice over through ingenious use of modular technology. Boasting a full scanning suite, sensory array, and a customized supercomputer, the Helicarrier lab had everything needed to run most electronic, mechanical, pharmaceutical, and forensic testing.

"I hope this will be to your liking, Stark," Rogers said, showing off the equipment, though in truth he knew next to nothing about the advanced technology. "Pierce, Magneto, and D.U.C.C. found some samples off the Synthetic Seven. The data's already been uploaded into the supercomputer through D.U.C.C.'s computer system, so you'll be able to analyze that easily enough. Mainly, though, I need you to help figure out how the Seven got out of the Institute. My boys will assist in that endeavor by going to the Treskelion Institute directly and sending you any forensic data they pick up."

Rogers then hit a button on his ear-mounted comm. "Magneto, break time's over. Take your team to the Treskelion Institute. Find out what happened there."

As she approached him and asked why he should be allowed entry, Peter shrugged and said "Well, if there's two things I know about you, its that you don't care for rules, and you can never turn down a hot-spicy chicken shawarma. Neither can I." Leaning up against the window, Peter waited for her to respond. The way she swung the keys around on her finger was clearly meant to toy with him. If he wasn't meant to enter, then she wouldn't have even bothered answering the door. He knew that because it was a base rule for New York. When she claimed the shawarma might be poisoned, Peter made a playfully grossed out face and gagged. "Oh, well in that case, I'll have to test it for poison."

Reaching into the bag, Peter pulled out a long item covered from head to toe in grease-proof wrapping paper. Slowly unwrapping the top, he allowed her to see the fullness of the wrap in his hands. Bursting with grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato, hot peppers, and the thinnest layer of mayo, the wrap was almost good enough to kill for. Licking his lips in anticipation, Peter opened his mouth widely and took a thick bite out of his shawarma, crunching it audibly as the most blissful of smiles crossed his face. "Mmmmmn..." the Nerdy boy moaned, playing up the deliciousness of the wrap. "Oooh... MAN. Now that, is some good shawarma right there. Nothing wrong with that one..." Peter explained before wrapping up his shawarma and putting it back in the bag. Reaching into the bag, he pulled out the second wrap and sniffed it.

A gross look crossed his face as he shook his head. "Ugh! That smells horrid! Perhaps you're right. This wrap might be poisoned. Well, I already bit into mine, so you can't have that one. I might be poisoned, can't risk you getting poisoned as well... Come to think of it, the man did put a strange black substance into your wrap, so he may have been trying to kill you. Whatever. I'll just dispose of this rancid wrap, shall I?" said Peter as he crossed over to the trashcan in front of Wannabee's, holding her wrap over it playfully. She wanted to play hard-ball? Then he was gonna play harder ball.

• Love
[fieldbox=X-23, red, solid]
"Well, if there's two things I know about you, its that you don't care for rules, and you can never turn down a hot-spicy chicken shawarma. Neither can I."

Oh there's two things you actually know about me. Huh. Better be more careful. X-23 just stuck her tongue out at him and crossed her arms. But then he pulled out a long burrito type thing and unwrapped the top. She didn't let it show, but her mouth filled with saliva and her stomach growled. She watched his whole little performance with her teeth grit and an unamused expression on her face. When he finally put her wrap over the trashcan, she cursed under her breath and rolled her eyes slowly.

She had many choice words for him in that moment, but her stomach decided she would unlock the door, snatch the wrap over the trashcan and glare on her way back inside.The fact that she didn't close the door behind her was the invitation for him. "Get in here Peter, I don't have all day." She called and sat back down at the booth with her book on the seat of it, not even waiting for him to sit with her before sniffing and taking a bite out of her wrap. Heaven.

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Tony followed Steve quietly, scanning his surroundings with little interest. Well, what seemed like little interest. To him, this was just another room full of toys to play with. Even if he had seen(and used) nearly all of these toys before. Tony shrugged when Rogers said he hoped it was to his liking. "Meh. I've played with better," he mused, snarkily. Looked like Tony was being a stick up the ass again, as usual.

Even though Tony had already made himself at home and started analyzing the given data on the lab's various pieces of equipment, he nodded. "I see, I see. No worries, Cappy, this is child's play. I'll figure out the Substandard Seven's escape route faster than a Helix Aspersa." Tony paused, briefly. "Hope you know that was a joke, considering the lack of speed that species posses."

Tony sighed. "You know what? Nevermind. Basically, I'm on it. However, I'll admit your team getting their butts in gear would be helpful."

Howard the D.U.C.C.'s eyes blinked yellow as it received its latest assignment packet through its remote connection to the Helicarrier's mainframe. With Magneto and Pierce resting from their last foray, Director Rogers wanted the combat drone to investigate the Treskelion Institute on SHIELD's behalf.

The drone fired up its thrusters as the Helicarrer's landing bay opened and it dropped off into the empty sky. Navigation queued up a flight path for the maximum security prison. It was minutes later that the drone landed at the Institute's main campus.

"ACCESSING REMOTE CONNECTION TO HELICARRIER...CONNECTION ESTABLISHED. ACCESSING COMMUNICATION SERVER TO HELICARRIER LAB…CONNECTION ESTABLISHED. GREETINGS, IRON MEATBAG," D.U.C.C. said, speaking directly to the laboratory where Iron Man would be back on the Helicarrier. "I AM PATCHING MY SENSORY DATA TO THE HELICARRIER LAB SO THAT YOUR SQUISHY EYEBALLS MAY ASSIST IN PROCESSING."

D.U.C.C. treaded closer to the Institute, surveying the carnage the Synthetic Seven had caused. Bodies, debris, and ruin were all around him. Its sensory suite emotionlessly scanned everything through an entire spectra of analyses, sending that information directly to Iron Man.

"BEGINNING INVESTIGATION OF TRESKELION INTERIOR." Howard came to the massive doors of the prison itself, the metal slabs little more than worthless slag after the Seven had finished with it. "SEARCHING FOR ANY REMAINING MEATBAG LIFE."

Howard treaded forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.