The Ultimate Marvel Roleplaying Universe (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter shrugged as Laura commented about the Bugle and how working there was demeaning not only for him, but also for Spider-Man. While there had been countless times where Peter just wanted to tell Jameson to stuff his cigar where the sun-don't shine, he knew that no other paper would take him. He tried. They all paid even less for pictures of Spider-Man, so he was stuck at the Bugle until the day he died. At least things weren't so bad with Robbie and Betty working there. They at least were friendly to the high school student. What made things better was the fact they both believed Spider-Man was a hero, but neither of their opinions could sway Jameson's opinion of the web-slinger. Shrugging at her comment, Peter explained, "Yeah, I could leave. But then what? Work part-time at a restaurant like so many other kids my age? Believe it or not, Jameson's "diddly squat" is actually better then what other papers are willing to pay. The New York Times actually offered me $12 for every photo of Spider-Man. I can make a hundred easily at the Bugle, but its just that most of that money goes towards helping my home situation..." Taking a sip from his popcan, Peter's eyes moved to the television again as another report came up. Great, now what?

"Hello, I'm Whitney Chang with the Daily Bugle News Channel. Havoc is spreading across New York as members of the super villain group known as the "Synthetic Six" strike once again! The newly formed group is comprised of seven highly dangerous super-criminals and is seemingly led by former OSCORP employee, Max Dillion aka Electro. In a shocking turn of events shortly after the Seven's first assault, the OSCORP building was unexpectedly attacked by Hydro-Man and Absorbing Man. They managed to escape custody once again before the authorities arrived. Authorities are still on the scene and trying to decipher what the criminals were doing there. They haven't released anything about those wounded or killed in the assault, but... Wait. I-I've just received word that the two criminals have taken a man hostage. The whereabouts of both the criminals and the scientist are unknown, but the NYPD has just released his identity. The man who was taken from OSCORP is none other then world renowned scientist, Doctor Otto Octavius, who worked very closely with Doctor Curtis Conners aka The Lizard, at the OSCORP genetics laboratory. We're now going live to the OSCORP building, where Eddie Brock is on the scene. Eddie?"

Peter's eyes only rolled in exhaustion as he watched the report. Great, now the Seven had a hostage. Dr. Octavius was a great man who Peter knew quite a bit about thanks to time and research. With a sigh, he knew he had to get back on the streets now. "Hey, Laura. Its been nice seeing you again, but I've-" Peter began to say before a tingle in his head began to go crazy. Spider-Sense?! But what's causing it? thought the hero before his eyes darted towards the clubs front window. His eyes popped open at the familiar sight of two drone-like creatures. Spider-Slayers! But how were they here? Smythe was in jail and the robots had been decommissioned by the mayor of New York. This had to be part of something bigger. As the drones turned towards the window and scanned the room, the blue lights hit Peter, who was frozen still in fear. Suddenly, the robot who scanned him began to beep and whizz before its blue lights turned a deep red. Rapidly, the drone burst in through the window and pulled out its machine guns, ready to fire.
In a quick motion (and before they could get a proper scan on Peter's face), Peter shoved Laura down in their booth so she was practically laying on the floor. "Stay down!" he shouted before dashing out into plain view of the robots, grabbing a table mat to shield his face.

They continued to fire and Peter expertly dodge the bullets, almost like some kind of professional acrobat. He quickly dashed towards the bathroom and jumped in. The robots stopped firing as he disappeared and flew over to the restroom door before opening fire again. While they hovered over, Peter managed to quickly change into Spidey's tights and climb out a window. However, just as the first few bullets flew from the drone's gun, a strand of webbing flew off and caught the robot. "Can't you read the sign? It says "Men", not military robot drones." Spider-Man exclaimed before he yanked the robot towards him, forcing it to crash into its counterpart. While both robots were wounded, they were definitely not down for the count. Thinking quickly, Spidey shot a web onto a table and flung it at the drones before rushing them. The table hit the first drone and completely smashed it up, while Spidey charged the second drone and swung a hard fist through the weak point on its back where the wires connected.
As the drone Spidey punched went down in a flurry of sparks, he retracted his hand quickly before getting any more burn marks. Sighing with a relieved breath, Spider-Man looked at Laura and saluted her. "Wow, quite the rumble, eh? You okay, Laur-miss?"

• Love
Reactions: Ravenbelle
"Is it okay if I just call you Duck?" Jan said in a friendly manner. She stretched non-threateningly before putting her hands behind her back and swinging her weight upon her left toe. "Yeah, well obviously I don't have clearance, but considering everything, I wanted to see how I could help, and it didn't seem like there was enough time to go through the proper channels," she began to explain before a well manicured brow rose at the sound of a dozen weapons loading.

Her wings beat quickly and she lifted off the desk's surface, hovering an inch off the ground. She didn't know how good the sensors were on the drone, but knew they had to be state-of-the-art if it was able to get a facial recognition on her while she was hiding and the size of an insect. She only hoped that they weren't good enough to hit a target that was half an inch in size and moving as quickly as she could.

"Emblematic Eight!? That's actually kind of clever, though I'm totally offended. I'm not with those punks!" Janet yelled at the insane robot. It had asked her to surrender, hadn't it? "Look, I'm here to help not fight," she responded, though she wasn't going to wait to be shot at before acting.

A huge sigh of relief escaped the miniature heroine when she heard Steve's voice over the D.U.C.C.'s speakers. "Steve!? Hey! Why is S.H.I.E.L.D. using Stark-tech? I mean, I thought he was out of the weapon-making business? Besides, this thing seems to be defective. Never mind. I'm trying to figure out if the Seven had any known associates who could've helped them break out or, I don't know, follow in their footsteps. Spider-Man isn't the only hero with super-villains locked up here," Jan said as she grew several inches and lightly landed upon the desk, her crossed legs hanging off the edge.

She smiled demurely at the loose cannon of a duck, just in case Steve could see her as well as hear her. "In retrospect, I guess I could've called S.H.I.E.L.D. and asked permission, but that's like calling your parents to ask if you can go out on the town after you've moved out of their house." Not that Jan had ever asked her father for permission even while she had lived in one of this many houses.

[fieldbox=X-23, red, solid]
Laura frowned when he shrugged. What does that mean? That he doesn't consider it that big a deal? Because it is. She didn't like to admit it to herself, but Peter Parker is someone she cares about. And the idea of him putting himself in danger at all makes her angry and motivated to make him stop. It doesn't mean much, but she would die for him. As long as she got the opportunity, if she had the chance to be able to die, especially in defense of the only person she knows of who seems to care about her well-being at least a bit, she would do it with no hesitation. But he doesn't see that. She wouldn't let him.

[BCOLOR=#000000]"Yeah, I could leave. But then what? Work part-time at a restaurant like so many other kids my age?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#000000]Tell me about it...[/BCOLOR]
Laura thought, knowing she happened to be one of those teenagers. She just hoped he never ended up anything like her, so she only frowned, knowing he needed the money and despising the other newspapers because they don't see an incredible photo when it hits them in the face. He has someone he has to help provide for, which is a responsibility he must fulfill and she understands. She hates to admit it, but in his shoes, she'd be doing the same thing. Except that she has an incredibly annoying way of healing herself quick enough to be very difficult to get hurt for too long. He doesn't. But before she could think of any sort of argument that would help without too many of the same flaws as the first suggestion, Peter's attention went back to the news on the TV in the bar again.

What now? She thought, rolling her eyes as she chewed slowly. She is on her second to last bite and this city is a mess. Chugging her soda as Whitney Chang went on about terrible news no one honestly wanted to hear, she listened and began to criticize the hostage situation. She had always thought police were foolish about that sort of thing. Any less than 8 people as hostages is no reason to hesitate from going after dangerous criminals. And if the Synthetic Seven are this dangerous, which they clearly are, 50 hostages wouldn't stop X-23 from attempting to destroy them. What's the big deal in the grand scheme of things? Doesn't anyone look at the big picture? Or are the too uncomfortable about feeling small?

She sighed as she sensed Peter's imminent absence. She had truly enjoyed his company, but maybe he hadn't. Or maybe it had something to do with his Aunt May. Or he just couldn't keep a smile on his face with this kind of news. She has already realized the strong sense of justice in him. He thinks things should be fair, but it'll never happen. Part of her wants him to get that already and another hopes he never does. While putting the last bit of awesome shawarma in her mouth to drown out her thoughts with juicy flavor, she knew she was still hungry. Either way, she was very grateful to Peter and knew she owed him for all the times he'd done this. The hunger pangs would be much worse without him. But before she could swallow her last bite, she tensed up, eyes wide at the sight of a couple of large machines at the door of Wannabees. They looked deadly and she cursed herself for not paying attention enough to hear them before they even got to the door. Laura was instantly up out of her seat, watching them carefully as their scanning lights went red and they suddenly grew weapons. She started to run towards it, swallowing the last bit of wonderful shawarma, but just as it burst through the window a strong arm shoved her to the ground under the table of the booth and she choked, coughing up bits of food on her hands and knees after Peter told her to stay down. What?! This should be totally reversed!

Her eyes widened and adrenalin started pumping as she saw Peter, nerdy child Peter snatch a tablemat and run directly into the line of drone fire! "N--oo--chkh!" she coughed, clutching her chest and wondering how in the world he thought a tablecloth would help him keep from being shot! To Laura, a gun isn't fatal unless loaded with more than 15 adamantium bullets, but Peter, with his snail-like human healing process can't keep him alive through even one bullet from the kinds of guns on those drones!

"PETER!" X-23 shrieked, scrambling onto her feet to go after him, only to freeze when she caught him leaping and twisting to dodge bullets that should have been impossible for him to dodge before he jumped into the bathroom. WHAT?

In plain view now, X-23 expected to be chased and shot at, which she was plenty used to, but the machines only seemed strangely interested in her friend (which was WAY WORSE in her book) because they hovered to the bathroom door without a single shot. She blinked for a second, knowing Peter wouldn't just leave her here in this sort of dangerous company, but if he thought he could hide in that bathroom he was sorely mistaken. It wasn't anywhere near fortified enough to keep these things at bay, so X-23 immediately took it upon herself to get them away from the door that was the only thing between the death machines and her only friend. So she calculated her move and leaped towards one of them fearlessly, extending the claws in her hands. But somehow, right before she could slash open one of the unsuspecting drones still firing away from her, a strong substance yanked it away from the door. Unfortunately, in that case, the bullets flying from it briefly came for her before she landed. she twisted in midair to dodge them, but one still managed to lodge itself in her right shoulder. And at that close a range, it was stuck in there deep. She gave a brief grunt of pain, but kept her eyes open. It had been quite awhile since she felt the sting of a bullet burning its way into her body and the instant shock of it had her tumbling into the wall beside the bathroom door. Upon impact, her claws retracted in her leather gloves, leaving little to no trace of blood on her. Well except for the bleeding shoulder wound which will close up in 10 seconds if she doesn't keep it open. Thanks to the food she'd just received rolling about in her stomach even as most of it was absorbed for swift energy and nutrients, the deep injury was healing too quickly.

Laura sat up against the wall, growling under her breath about stupid webslingers while partially concealed by her hair and part of the bar. She watched him finish off the drones rather effectively though. She liked when he punched it. That was kind of impressive. But not enough to keep her interested in anything but the fact that he might've seen her claws before she hit the wall. Hissing at the pain in her shoulder, she huffed and thought up a quick solution, plugging up the bleeding hole with her right index finger all the way to the back of the piece of metal inside her. It was pretty painful (enough to make her whimper under her breath), but that would keep it from bleeding too much or healing before she could pick out the crap in her right shoulder. Of course, the metal would dissolve eventually if she just let it heal, but that would be painful for the next few days and she didn't want to deal with that. Tweezers would help once she could find them.

And then Spider-Man spoke up, apparently to her. He saluted ridiculously and she was already connecting the dots. They all aligned when he tripped up on failing to call her a stranger. She stood up and her posture clearly spoke of irrational rage and frustration. She looked strange with her finger stuck inside her flesh, but her bared teeth spoke volumes as she headed for him. She's ambidextrous. So yes, her left hand is very capable for doing the damage she craves on its own.
"NO, actually. I'm not okay. NOT okay with this!" she snarled. "I just learned that--that my friend is a mutant! A self-proclaimed hero! So no, Peter." She lunged too swiftly and unexpectedly before she tore off his mask (along with a few strands of hair). Ugh, he made it so obvious. She didn't even need her sense of smell to know it was him. "I am not okay--Fuck!" She finally just roared out of frustration and forgot all about tweezers, simply deciding to rip the bullet out of her right shoulder with two fingers. After a few tries digging two fingers into the open wound, trying to keep it from closing up with the bullet inside, she growled loudly, blinking back tears and pulling her thumb out. It's too deep and she can't get her fingers around it without some help. And that wasn't even at the forefront of her whirlwind of a mind right now.
It was mostly Why do all the people I care about have to be in danger all the time? Of course she hasn't had many friends but every single one worried her, scared her to the point that she almost wished she'd never met them, just so she wouldn't have to be constantly afraid that they won't be safe. she thought Peter would be different. That he would be safe to care about even if he knew virtually nothing of the real her. Most everything he heard from her about herself was a lie, but he was still the only one she wanted to protect and now he's going with his crazy fucking morals trying to save everyone while constantly putting himself in danger!! Tears of (whatever this fucking feeling is!) fell from her hazel eyes as she shoved him away from her when he tried to come close. First priority: Fucking remove shit from shoulder. How? Well she's not going to leave Peter-Spider-Man anytime soon and she's pretty sure he doesn't have tweezers on him. In fact, he'd probably going to try to convince her to go to the hospital. Ugh!!
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Oh crap... Peter thought in frustration as he messed up the introduction. He knew she would know who he was now. It was bad enough that he already revealed his identity to Gwen, Captain Stacey, and even considered revealing it to his Aunt May, but now another person knew it. This was exactly what he needed with all the extra crap today: another slip up. Raising his hands curiously as she approached, Peter tried to shake it off. "Peter? Who? I was trying to figure out where the Seven went before I saw those Spider Slayers and-AGHH!" explained the teenage superhero before suddenly his mask was ripped off (along with a few hairs). As she tossed it to the ground, Peter fired off a web and yanked the mask over, putting it back on before anyone saw his face. As he tried to think of a way to explain how he was Spider-Man, Peter saw she was hurt. "Omigosh." Peter quickly exclaimed before he gently grabbed her arm, examining the bullet wound. After a few moments, Spidey ran over to the bar and grabbed a sharpened knife, washing it in hot water before he came back to where she was standing. Gently ushering her into the bar seat, Peter calmly explained "You're never gonna get it out with your hands, just hold still." before taking her arm. Using the sterile, burning hot knife, Peter gently (or rather, as gently as he could), shoved the tip of the blade into her wound. He knew this would hurt, especially since he had to learn how to do this exact same thing to himself. As he pushed the blade in, Peter gripped her free hand and said "Squeeze my hand if it hurts, Laura. I can take it, don't worry about me." before continuing with his work. Within minutes, the bullet and whatever shards of shrapnel he could get out were laying in a small bloody pile on the table.

Putting the knife down on the table and grabbing a napkin to help stop the bleeding, Peter reached into his belt and grabbed a lighter. He didn't smoke, but he kept it just in case he would ever need to wield the powers of fire. After all, you never knew when your phone was going to die as you exploded some super villains dark secret lair. Clicking the lighter and holding the flame a little on the wound, Peter waited until it was fully sutured before applying pressure with the napkin. Sighing with frustration as he felt her still disapproving eyes staring at him, Peter shook his head and calmly said "I'm not a mutant. Its... Well, I'm kind of radioactive. Not a dangerous level, its just, uh... Complicated. My dad designed these spiders for OSCORP and they were programmed specifically for my DNA and... Well, to make a long story short, I got bitten by one of them and became the first successful Cross-Species. Remember Vermin? Or Piraña? What about the Lizard? Well, those guys were created from the research my dad made, but they couldn't successfully merge because they didn't have my blood." Finally looking up at her, Peter rubbed a hand across his face and pulled the mask up just enough so she could see his mouth. "Laura, look. I'm not going to pretend like I don't understand why you're angry at me, but I've been doing this for a while now. Two years, actually. I can take care of myself, but you've got to know that I'm not doing this for the fame or recognition. I'm doing this for... Well, my Uncle Ben. I made some bad choices in the past and he got badly hurt. I was originally going to use my powers for personal gain, but I realized that I can't abuse the remarkable talents I've been given. Just like my Uncle said: With great power, comes great responsibility."

As the wound seemed to heal rather quickly (suspiciously, even), Peter sighed and looked at Laura. "Its my responsibility to make sure my home is kept safe. I'm responsible for you, my friends, my Aunt May, the citizens of New York, and even the rest of the superhero community. I'm responsible for locking up criminals and stopping villains like the Synthetic Seven. I do it because I'm responsible for doing things with my powers that actually help and make a difference in somebody's life... You may call it pretentious bull-honky, but its what I stick by. That's why I try to stay positive about Spider-Man. He's not a hero, per-say, but more like a symbol of hope. If nerdy, average, boring old Peter can become the Amazing Spider-Man and face off against evil without a second thought even when the odds are against him, then it inspires those who look up to Spidey. They see him as a guy who's trying to make a difference and change things for the better, not some vigilante who only craves Justice. Because not everyone can be Captain America, or the Hulk, or even a member of the X-Men, but I like to believe that anyone can be Spider-Man. You know, be able to embody that feeling of hope, even when the odds are forever against you."

Laura rolled her teary eyes when he pulled his stupid mask back on. She'd much rather see his eyes. After she shoved him away from grabbing her arm and pulling her finger out of the hole, she kept trying to look down at it clearly. She heard running water and scanned the room in case any more of those things showed up. What were they anyway? Had he called them Spider Slayers? Really? Dork.
At least that's what she was thinking before he came running back with a scalding hot knife. "Wha--?" She started to question before he started leading her to a seat and insisting her hands couldn't do the job as if she didn't already know. Part of her just wanted to run off, but that would waste time. He has a knife and she already saw how easily he controls his body. His strength probably surpasses hers considering she'd seen Spider-Man lift cars on TV before. The most she can lift on a good day is 500 lbs. So even if she was 99% sure he wouldn't want to hurt her, he's still holding a knife and she does know his identity... Laura gulped as he told her to hold still and inserted the knife into the tiny wound. Her first reaction was to jerk away, but her back hit the bar. He was re-slicing flesh that had already been burned through. It bled again as she gasped sharply and shut her eyes tight, freezing stiff and despising the tears that slipped out before he grabbed her hand. Hazel eyes snapped open and she whimpered, trying to relax her right hand so the muscles would stop healing under the knife so fast. She saw him pause for a moment...telling her to squeeze his hand. She didn't say anything and she didn't want to rely on him, but he already had her hand. She tightened her fingers on it anyway, failing to get used to the pain. The worst parts were when he'd pull something out, place if bloody on the counter and dive back in with the knife again. That's when she would hiss and cringe the most. That's when she'd squeeze his hand maybe a little too hard than he'd expect her capable of. If she wasn't careful, she could break his hand somewhere, so she tried to keep her mind off it all. This should be nothing compared to the other, more tortuous pains she'd had to endure. Unfortunately, pain demands to be felt. Even unexpected pain. She was glad he hadn't offered the hospital. She couldn't go for obvious reasons. Though she was glad he knew how to use a knife to remove a bullet. How come she hadn't thought of that? Oh right. Probably because all the times she's been shot were when she was still a piece of property. When she had a place that contained those who would gladly operate on her any chance they got to go back to. This was a cruder method, but she preferred it and sighed in relief when it was over.

X-23 breathed deeply and ignored the wound now ash he felt his hand pull away to grab a napkin, a little annoyed that he thought he had to put pressure on it. He doesn't know about her. Hopefully he never will. But there was a little teeny part of her that was awed and grateful that he was so kind to her. Even when he put the flame to it. She didn't expect that and she couldn't remember the last time she'd been burned, so she sucked in a breath, held it and only let it out in a hiss when he pulled the flame away. Okay....ow. But she's okay now. Peter gently made sure of that. Again, she couldn't recall the last time someone had been so concerned for her well being. But that didn't keep her from glaring at him for keeping all of this hero stuff to himself. For being overly righteous and altruistic and--just--she can't even put into words why she's so angry. He just wouldn't get it. But he sighed, shook his head and began to explain. She wanted to interrupt him as soon as he started because he thought she was judging him for being a mutant. It's not exactly like that, but she can't make him understand her opinion of them without showing why so she kept silent and listened, narrowing her eyes at him because of that silly mask.

She didn't really remember any of the guys Peter named except maybe she'd heard some stuff about the Lizard while she was still with Zebra Daddy and she did not want to think about that. But she got it. He's a cross-species. But still a mutant. Hadn't his DNA been altered? wasn't he still considered a mutant? What's the difference?
Laura watched him pull up his mask, but only so she could see his mouth. But what does that do? Let her know that he's talking and frowning? That's not difficult to deduce. She wants to see his eyes and even though most wouldn't be able to see through the white of his mask at all, she concentrated and stared through it, trying to catch emotion where the material obscured his beautiful eyes.

"Laura, look. I'm not going to pretend like I don't understand why you're angry at me, but I've been doing this for a while now. Two years, actually. I can take care of myself,.."

No, you don't understand why I'm angry. I barely understand why I'm angry. I made sure of those. You don't understand me. And you won't. Especially not now. You can't take care of yourself. No one can. You're vulnerable. We're just kids, Peter, don't you get that?! Your life just started and you're already risking it! All the time!

She never says what she wants to say.

Peter's Uncle Ben died because of a bad choice Peter made? That's the reason he's putting himself on Death's door all the time? What had he done? Had he murdered his own uncle? Because when she'd killed her mother, she didn't even stay with her aunt like her mother had wanted. She didn't know if that was necessarily the right choice, but if she had stayed, she would have hurt them. Doesn't Peter maybe think about how worried his uncle would be if he was still here? Would he regret telling him all that responsibility crap if he knew his nephew was swinging through the city stopping crime like a maniac?

Laura shook her head and rolled her shoulder, adjusting her bloody shirt now to hopefully hide the skin that would be scarless if a few seconds. Let him stay preoccupied talking about all the pressure he's putting on his shoulders for all the wrong reasons. He is not responsible just because he has abilities others don't and she can't grasp why the heck he'd believe that. Why he'd stick to something so debatable. Hasn't he ever thought of the reasons why he isn't responsible for all of this? Honestly, did he think he was so special among all of the mutants in the world that it was his duty to keep them safe? What is that?
Pretentious bullshit. Definitely. And then he has the nerve to pretend to be all humble, calling himself boring and average?! She really wanted to rip his throat out. He's being honest and she hates it.

"Because not everyone can be Captain America, or the Hulk, or even a member of the X-Men, but I like to believe that anyone can be Spider-Man. You know, be able to embody that feeling of hope, even when the odds are forever against you."

She had no idea who any of those people he named were, but that last statement was a bullet through the heart. And she knows what that feels like. Laura's mask of disapproval cracked for a second and she sat frozen. A part of her had been like him. A long time ago. Back when she had dared to hope that she could make something of herself even after being born and raised in a facility as a weapon. But that was right before she killed her own mother and the memories were not fond ones. She almost let her claws out because he made her think about it. She had been keeping it at bay since last night and now it hurts. But she refuses to let herself feel emotional pain this bad anymore. Because she starts to cry and she's afraid if she starts that, she'll never stop. So she converts it all to anger. Or rather, she suppresses the memories, the misery, and resorts to anger. Because it's easier that way. She's used to it now and sometimes she can't even help it. She's done it so many times that it's almost a reflex to the point that it would be a struggle to actually show her emotions. They've been beaten out of her for her whole life and now she's dangerous.

"Shut up. Do you even hear yourself Peter? You've gone way overboard! Just because you can shoot webs at people doesn't mean you're suddenly supposed to save the world! Actually, you probably shouldn't! Haven't you ever heard of Natural Selection? The strong live, the weak die? That's how the world's supposed to work and all those people you think you're responsible for? You're not!" She growled pushing him away so she could stand, glaring up at him. she was too close. If she continued, she could end up hurting him. But when she's mad she doesn't think straight. It's why she hasn't gone after Weapon X yet. She doesn't have self-control. "And you are not responsible for me!" X-23 snarled viciously, twisting them so she had a hold of his arms and pinned him back against the bar. "Maybe they don't want to be saved! Did you ever think about that? Maybe all those people who call Spider-Man a Vigilante Menace hate the fact that you think they need saving! Maybe they just want to believe they can take care of themselves and everything about you screams that they can't! You're not their parents or some essential Beacon of Hope, Spider-Man! So stop trying to convince yourself that everything is YOUR responsibility!"

Right up in his face now, she could see his eyes through the mask and she hated what she saw, especially the blurry reflection of herself. She was leaving bruises on his arms by now and her words don't matter. He's not going to change because of her. What reason does he have to trust her now? X-23 huffed and shoved away from him, turning her back so he couldn't watch her expression. "Stop it. Stop looking at me like that. You're not going to change, are you?" I can't change you. I can't save you. "You won't listen to me, will you? Fine then. Keep believing in yourself. Not like I can stop you." She sighed, at war between anger and sorrow. She can't keep him here. He's not hers. She can't be selfish about this. It's his choice to do this and no one's going to change his mind but him. But that just means she can't see him anymore. Not like this. Not knowing about how close he gets to leaving her every day. Why did she ever think her luck would change? Of all the people in the world to be stubborn enough to learn her name and stop by every once in a while, it had to be Spider-Man.

"Just go. Get out. You probably have someone to save don't you? Go make a difference. Go find Dr.Octasius or whatever. That's why you were going to leave right? Go on." She started walking towards the employee door so she could head upstairs. "Leave me alone." She mumbled on her way through the door. She didn't look back. That would be too painful. It's time to go. Leave Wannabees. Probably leave New York. Johnny's going to fire her for the damage done to the front room anyway. Might as well leave before he gets the chance to lecture her. Her claws ache under her skin, begging to tear through and kill something, but they'd have to wait at least until she trudged upstairs. Destroying her room might give her the slight catharsis she craves.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Peter was shocked at how strong she was, how angry she was, but worst of all: how hurt she was. That was something he absolutely hated doing to the people he cared about: hurting them. Her words cut him deeply, although he knew she was trying to think about his safety. Peter didn't need anyone looking out for him, which was why he decided not to tell his friends and family about his identity. Gwen found out after her after unmasked him, but she was the only one who knew. When Laura demanded that he leave, Peter sighed and looked at her, his eyes heavy underneath his mask. She was angry, he could immediately tell. With a sigh, Peter pulled down his mask and nodded. "You may think that I don't need to do what I do, and maybe you're right. Maybe I shouldn't protect these people... But then again, there are seven psychopaths out there who, without my knowledge experience, can't be defeated. Not successfully." said the web-slinger before he turned to the much larger door (and by larger, he meant that the entire front wall was now a giant gaping hole). Before he left, Peter turned his head and said "I'm still here for you though... Please don't think poorly of me because of what I do." before using the speed of a passing car to launch himself into the New York skyline. Just as he was about to swing off to investigate OSCORP, he stopped himself. He knew that Dr. Octavius needed to be rescued, but he was also concerned about Laura. She didn't have many friends, that much he knew about her. This must've been a major shock for her. He needed to go back and patch things up.

Knowing he couldn't go alone, Peter swung through the city trying to search for a-THERE! Letting go of his webs, the masked hero dropped down on top of a white truck with colourful designs on the sides. Knocking at the window, he motioned his hand for the driver to roll down his widow. "Hey, how''ya doing? I'm Spider-Man, call me amazing, sensational, but not late for dinner. Aha, get it? Hey, mind pulling over? You're not breaking the law, I just wanted to talk." said the superhero before the driver smiled and nodded. He explained how he was a big fan of what the hero did for New York and how his daughter looked up to the web-head. Pulling over, Peter jumped off the roof and walked over to the large widow, which the driver opened up.

"Okay, uh... I'll take a double scoop of chocolate and cookie dough ice cream, please." asked Spidey as he patiently tapped his side. The driver smiled at him and said "Sure thing, Spidey! Okay... That'll be $6.50."

Oh, not this crap again...

~~ GM POST ~~

Abandoned OSCORP Shipping Warehouse, somewhere in New York.

"Three... Two... One... CLEAR!" called out Electro as he gently pressed his fingers on the dead man's chest, zapping his chest with a blast of electricity. Gasping and screaming, Doctor Otto Octavius was suddenly awoken from his coma-like state. In order to move him properly, they had to put him into a cardiac arrest so he wouldn't struggle. The last thing they needed was a struggle.

"W-What?!" screamed Dr. Octavius as he lurched forwards. Looking around at the room, Otto gave horrified looks towards the villains as they hung about the warehouse watching him with careful eyes. "W-Where am I? W-Why have you taken me?!"

Before anyone could answer his questions, a buzzing sound echoed beside him and before he knew what was going on, Swarm was hovering beside Octavius. "Ah, Dr. Octavius(ssss), welcome to our humble abode. Do you remember us(ssss)? Or perhaps(ssss), what you did you us(ssss)? You destroyed us(ssss), tore apart our body and replaced it with thes(ssss)e creatures(ssss)!" hissed Swarm as he hovered around the doctor's head, buzzing in its usual high tone.

"Relax, Swarm. Don't get all twitchy on us, or I'll have to put you out." Warned Electro as he clicked his fingers and forced a small, but powerful blast of sparks to spring up into the air. Octavius jumped nervously as the sparks went flying, backing himself up against a nearby shipping crate.

Before Otto could respond, however, Sandman swung a ginormous fist into the crate behind him, getting Electro's attention on the first try. "Cool it, Dillion! Lets stop wasting time and get down to business?" Sandman said with a sly grin, crossing his arms as he leaned up against one of the shipping crates.

Smiling at his partner, Electro nodded. "You're absolutely right, Flint. Now then, Doctor Octavius... We need you to build something for us. We need a device that can transform any type of matter and edit the molecules in somebody's body. The device will be able to do what's been done to us, and Spider-Man." said Electro before he was interrupted by Hydro-Man.

"So what we want you to do is simple, understand? You know the science that went into creating our kind. OSCORP has full records of all their cross-species experiments: the eels that gave Electro his powers, the Lizard formula, the mutated bees, and those radioactive spiders, just to name a few." Hydro-Man said, shrugging as he spoke. Neither he, Absorbing Man, or Sandman were experts in science here, so they let the lab experiments explain. Neither Hydro-Man, Absorbing Man, or Sandman knew what it was like to have your DNA altered with another living creature, but they were living results of OSCORP's genetic experiments.

"All that we require is your cooperation. Electro cannot assemble the device himself, but thanks to his abilities, he's hacked into OSCORP's files and gotten us the blueprints. There are only three people capable of correctly creating the machine: you, Curtis Conners, and Richard Parker. Seeing as how one is locked up and the other is dead, you can understand why we had to kidnap you." screeched Thousand as it crawled along the floor in a rather disturbing manner. Like a possessed child seen in a Japanese Horror film, Thousand's current body twisted and writhed along the floor as it moved towards Octavius.

"B-But why do you want a device like that? W-Wouldn't you rather want a device that can reverse the process? Y-You know, change you b-back?" asked Octavius, who was still shivering in fear at the situation. They were asking him to build a biological weapon that was capable of altering human DNA. The Lizard had tried something like this before when he went on his rampage, but what they had in mind seemed far more sinister.

"No, Doc. We don't want to reverse what's been done. We've all learned how to live like this as part of a new race of beings. We want everyone to know what its like being a Cross-Species." examined Electro as he blasted a projector they had set up in the centre of the room. On the holographic display, appeared a 3D schematic for the device. It looked more like a bomb then it looked like the device Conner's had used. "With DNA gracefully donated from our good friend Absorbing Man as well as ourselves and a few other Cross-Species inmates at the Treskellion, the device will emit a cloud of gas that will cover New York. His genetic sample will allow the transformation process to begin, but the collection of DNA samples will provide a gracious selection for the people. They can develop electric personalities as myself, transform into bloodthirsty animals like Swarm and Vermin, or even become a living material like Hydro-Man or Spot. Whatever the case may be, everyone will be gifted their own abilities. Face it Doc, the next stage of human evolution is the Cross-Species."

With a final look cast towards the good doctor, Electro and the Synthetic Seven all formed up. "The minute you finish the device, we will let you leave. You'll have everything you need to build it, but if there's anything else you require, we will steal it. You have exactly 48 hours to complete it. If its not complete by that time, then we won't have to worry about waking you up the next time I zap you. If your lucky, we may even let you pick the type of animal you wish to become a Cross-Species with. Perhaps something fitting to your name, like an octopus. You could use the other six arms if you're working all the time. Doc Ock... Catchy name. But, I won't bore you with pointless rambling. The clock's ticking, Doc. I'd suggest you get started."

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
"Stark isn't making weapons," Steve responded to Janet via D.U.C.C.'s onboard speakers. "Howard is a...surveillance...drone. With...personal...protection...armaments." The problem with being renowned for being a Boy Scout superhero was an unfortunate reputation for being a terrible liar, and even his half-hearted excuse sounded hollow to his ears. "Look, Janet, it'd be great if you could help out Howard with looking into things at the Treskelion..."

Suddenly, an alarm blared in his comm.

"One second, Janet." He hit his comm and switched the channel, but keeping Janet's signal open so she could listen in. "Rogers here, go ahead, Hill."

Maria Hill reported in clipped, curt tones, "The Synthetic Seven just hit OSCORP hard and took Doctor Otto Octavius hostage. He's one of the corporation's most respected scientists. Other casualties are nearly a hundred wounded and twenty-seven dead, mostly security personnel. Police and rescue teams are already at OSCORP for damage control, but the Synthetic Seven and their hostage have already fled the scene."

"Out of the frying pan and into the damn fire," Rogers grunted. This day was just getting worse by the minute. "Tell me we have a trajectory on their escape route?"

"Working on it now, Director. We're trying to lock on Electro's unique energy signature. Its a little sketchy though."

"We're going to need some brain power, then." He opened a few other comm channels. "Stark, assist on tracking Electro. Hill, try to make contact with Spider-Man - his expertise on the Synthetic Seven may prove invaluable in our next confrontation. Janet, if you're up to it, we could definitely use the Wasp when taking on the Synthetic Seven - if you're interested, meet me at OSCORP. Maybe we can find some leads there."

Suddenly, Rogers felt someone bump into him. A strong hand reflexively caught the striking young woman who ran into him. He vaguely recognized her from some dossiers he looked into concerning the Xavier Institute.

"Rachel Summers?" he inquired cautiously, but growing increasingly confident in his guess. He was also growing increasingly more hopeful about the Synthetic Seven situation. If he remembered correctly, Summers had psychic abilities...abilities that may help locate the Synthetic Seven.

Laura didn't look back, but she did stop. So he knew she was listening. So he wouldn't stop talking. Why does she torture herself like this? She didn't want to think about what he said. That he'd..be there for her. If only you knew...If you ever found out about the things I've done, you'd hate me. So she didn't think of him poorly, she never did. In fact, part of her admired what he does so well, so genuinely. There are very few people in the world who honestly want the best for others. Unselfishly.
But that's why she has to go. Once she leaves, he'll have one less person to protect. She could do that much for him. So when she could no longer smell him in the building, she trudged up the stairs to her room and rapidly lost herself to her own self-defense mechanism. Feeling angry is better than crying her eyes out. Strength is better than weakness. So she growled. Made herself angry at the world and all its injustices, kicked down her door and sprinted through her room, picking up everything and anything she felt she'd need or found valuable and tossed it into a somewhat ratty backpack. That was left by the front door right before her mind conjured all the things that ever made her mad. At herself. At those who had hurt her. At the universe for serving justice so well to a terrible monster who deserved it.

Claws erupted from her hands and feet and within 7 minutes of entering the room, it was utterly destroyed. The dresser demolished, the walls scratched and torn, the bed that had been full of so many nightmares was gutted entirely. Even the carpet was ripped to shreds in some places where the claws in her feet had kicked and run. All that was left was the bathroom. A pair of claws slashed through the shower curtain. X-23 was seeing red when Doctor Rice had pulled these very claws from her body one by one. She slammed her boot into the wall behind, cracking the tiles badly. Then she twisted, adamantium slicing through the top of the toilet and the sink as if it were butter while the memories of a lost mother, a broken family, abandoned friends wracked through her mind and smashed her heart to bits. Just like the mirror. Her claws slid back into her body then as a panting girl stared back at her in the looking glass. She wasn't tired. Just mentally fried. It was time to leave before he left her. They'd all leave eventually. No point in sticking around this city long enough to care. Caring just hurts in the long run. With one last punch to the glass, it shattered, leaving little bits and pieces stuck in her fingers and leather gloves. The monster in the cracked mirror was satiated for today. For now. It might come back at night. But by then, she'll hopefully be out of the city.

Laura dragged her feet to the main room and sighed, grabbing her backpack which contained her invaluable letter from Sarah Kinney. The teen sat cross legged in the center of the room that looked like a tornado had gone through it. A tornado with knives that had sliced everything to pieces. Hazel eyes stared down at leather clad hands. She started picking little splinters and pieces of glass out of them, mind empty save the echoes of a song she thought long forgotten. Something about sunshine...

But before the song ended a knock sounded somewhere very close. She snapped her head up and clenched her bloody fists, standing immediately. It isn't the door since she kicked that down, so...She snapped her head to the window and stared wide eyed at the blue and red cross-species dangling right outside. Huh. Had she not broken that? Laura huffed, walked slowly to the window, hoping he'd somehow disregard the state of the room. He was holding ice cream. Really? How did he even know to come here? He doesn't know she lives here.
She had nothing to say. So she didn't open the window. She just bit her lip, gave him one weary look and turned her back on him to grab her bag and walk toward the empty doorway. She'd have to ignore him. Eventually he'd leave her. He had things to do after all.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Knock Knock Knock​
"Laura? Hey, open the window Laura. Come on. I've got chocolate chip cookie dough!" Peter said as she looked at him, tapping the glass with his free foot. Currently, the web holding him upside down was actually attached to his rear end. His feet were needed to act as hands while he held onto the two ice cream cones. When she turned to walk away from the window in an attempt to ignore him, Peter groaned and shut his eyes before lurching downwards. His other foot kicked the webbing hard, forcing it to bend and sent him swinging through the window. That would be the case, had the window not been made out of plastic. Rather then break through, the web-slinger crashed into it with quite extreme force, groaning in pain as he banged his head on the hardened plastic. "Ugh... Why do people feel the need to make these things plastic? They just hurt more." moaned Spidey before he reached upwards and precariously balanced the ice cream bar on his foot. With a quick yank, Peter ripped the webs off his butt and began to fall head first down towards the ground. He rapidly swung around, grabbing the other come with his hand and catching the scoops of ice cream as they fell. By the time he had caught the items and was orderly again, Peter saw Laura walking out from the staircase, a bag of stuff in her hands.

He quickly entered the dimly lit club and pulled off his mask, looking at her with sorrowful eyes. Offering her a small smile, Peter extended his arm so she could have easily reached out and grabbed the cone. "Laura, I want to talk. I know today's been weird and shocking for you, but as your friend I want to try and help. I don't know what you've got planned that involves a heavy bag presumably full of stuff, but can't you at least give me the benefit of the doubt and sit down so we can talk? I mean, there's the whole "I'm a superhero thing" we can go on about, but I noticed something else." explained Peter as he still held out his arm, offering her the ice cream cone. It hadn't begun to melt just yet, but if she didn't take it soon then it might.
"I don't mean to pry, but... Was that room upstairs yours?" Peter asked in a curious and concerned voice. He had always thought of Laura as another teenager who just so happened to work at a club. Where were her parents? Did they die? Did she run away? There were so many variables about why she would live in a dingy club, but Peter was willing enough to listen patiently for her explanation. "I mean... There was a lot of stuff I've seen you wear up there on the floor, and you always said you liked your red floor carpet... But the way I always heard you described your room was like if it were in a house or an apartment, not a club. I may be prying a bit but I couldn't help but notice the evidence that says so." Peter said. His ice cream looked petty tasty, but he wanted to wait for Laura to grab hers before he did anything else. "Can't we just talk? Or, at least eat an ice cream cone together? I got your favourite flavour: Chocolate chip cookie dough."

• Love
Reactions: Ravenbelle
Laura took deep breaths down the stairs, crossing her fingers that Peter wouldn't follow her. With her luck, she knew he would. He's too persistent. Even with a criminals holding people hostage apparently. She went down each step slowly, but that just ended up giving him more time to stand down there and wait for her. She went through the employee door and into the main room where she stopped by the toppled booth and picked up a dirty little novel she'd been reading before Peter had come in. As Peter. Just a normal, safe, dork of a guy who cracked goofy jokes and took pictures of Spider-Man. Except things change, bad things happen and then...she moves. That's what X-23 does. She runs from the problems she can't fight or physically injure. So she tried very hard not to listen to the guy with the mask off, holding out her favorite flavor of ice cream like it would fix everything. The thing is, he thinks he did something wrong. He thinks he needs to be giving her a peace offering. Clearly, he doesn't see that she's the problem here. She doesn't belong. Never has, never will. So it's time to go.

She walked closer and closer to the front door, seemingly coming toward him, but keeping her eyes down so she couldn't see the curiosity and concern heard in his voice. Laura pinched the bridge of her nose and her face went red. No. She's cried way too many times today to start all over again. She should run. Her brain said run and don't look back. It's what she does best. But she had to look up if she was going to walk around him. And she did. And she saw those eyes. And she faltered. Idiot.

A very small whisper came to her then. She recognized it as something born of emotion. Something from a piece of her usually too chained up to hear. It told her all the reasons she should stay. She knows how to keep her mouth shut...most of the time. Peter tends to get around that somehow sometimes, but she must be careful. Just eat the ice cream. You don't even have to say anything. Just look at him. Keep him in your memory. It's a nice goodbye. You don't ever get those. You'll need the sugar anyway. You'll keep him from running off to crime scenes that'll hurt him. C'mooon....

Laura sighed, stared at him for second and took the cone from his hand, licking the stray drop trailing down the side. Yum. "You don't know when to leave well enough alone, do you?" She said softly, turning to one of the less damaged booths to sit at. She set her bag there, stuffed Pinocchio inside, and zipped it up again with another lick to the ice cream. Mmm..
There was only one mistake there. Those were words she'd said to him before. Words she'd said before Peter met Laura. On a darker night a kid with glasses had come up to her asking about how she was doing, if she was cold, asking her questions about...about her job. Her terrible terrible job. The only thing she said back then was a whisper. You don't know when to leave well enough alone do you?
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
~Tony Stark~

Soon after Tony had started his digging, he had realized something. Why wasn't he hacking public cameras right now?
You guessed right! The correct answer is..; 'Because Sav is an idiot'!
Facepalming, he set to hacking a variety of cameras littered around the city. Most of them were near the 'crime scene', where the seven had faced off with Spidey, though others were just completely random cameras he only hacked into the feed of because he could(and, of course, some his camera feeds may or may not have consisted of cameras he had conspicuously placed in a few choice women's locker rooms). A yawn escaped the billionaire as he went about this; he was getting bored. Though, he perked up a little when he saw what was going down with Castle, Cap, and Electro, but that excitement died down quickly. When that little rumble ended, Tony immediately had gone to pick up a trace on Electro. To him, Cap's orders were a bit late. "Yeah, yeah.. I'm on it, Cappy," he replied through the comm. He sighed slightly. So this is what it's like to be a good guy, huh? Lotta work..

Rachel felt his grip, she looked at him and smiled. "Thanks." She only said as she looked at the man before her eyes, was a mere stranger, but nothing it is what it seems. She lift her right eyebrow and stared into his eyes, his deep eyes which worked as a mirror for her powers. "Say Captain, are you having a nice day ? " She smirked as she place her hands on her hips.
She was a petit woman, barely reaching around 1.50 with a reddish hair. "Say..." She stopped and passed her index finger over her lower lip. "What is doing SHIELD leader here ? I mean why no't up in the air?" She giggled, had a low voice, with a shadow of doubt into it. Waved her hand in the air. " Sorry, a professional habit of searching." Rachel excused herself. Her ears reached some interesting news which made her skretch a smirk. " I bet we might have the same destination." She stopped as she took a deep breath of air. " Let's put aside the game Captain, you need me and I don't need to use my powers to notice this. I help you, in exchange I want something from you, help me find some people." Her expression didn't change, no, she had no expression, was blank as a paper; a neutral tone, no sign of a emotional attachment to this 'people'.
She tried to play her cards well, Rachel didnt, wasn't sure if this game of smokes and mirror will last forever, but everything had it's own beginning. "Deal?" She said, crossed her arms as her hair fall down her shoulders in a waves.

Rogers nodded at the Rachel's summarization of the situation. He figured she was either rather clever or simply used her telepathy to scan his mind. He strongly suspected the latter.

"Its a deal. Keep in mind, this is an actual dangerous mission. Our enemies are the Synthetic Seven and are rather powerful. Sounds like you're okay with that, so let's go."

He tapped his comm. "Hill. We need a ride."

"Acknowledged, Director."

Mere minutes later, a helicopter arrived to ferry the two toward OSCORP.

Along the way, Rogers hoped that Stark would turn up something.

He regarded the girl sitting in the chopper across him. "So, just who are you looking for, Rachel?"

"Right… and I'm a blonde bombshell," Jan said in reply to Steve's obvious lie. She smiled bemused, "Yeah, I can help your pet tractor investigate here," Jan began before she was cutoff.

As Steve talked to his second-in-command, Jan studied the D.U.C.C. The machine had been willing to attack her, which meant it was possible that she'd have to fight it one day. So, as Steve patched her in to the conversation he held concerning the attack on OSCORP, Jan studied the drone. There were plenty of joints and wields that could be potential weak points which she could exploit due to her ability to shrink to the height of half an inch. If she could spot a large enough area, where she could fit through, to get into its outer casing, she could cause a great amount of damage to its internal workings.

A pleasant smile sat upon her lips as she sat upon the desk and seemed to wait patiently. "Sure, Cap. Are you going to send a shuttle or do you expect a girl to wing it to OSCORP?" she asked before the communication ended.

As Jan waited for Steve's reply, she addressed Howard, "So, duck, if you're Stark-tech you can probably hack into the warden's files and discover who the Synthetic Seven were buddies with while they were held here. Might also be a good idea to see how they all met and came together," she paused and turned her charm on, unaware if it would actually work on a robot that called her a "meatbag", "I'd take it as a personal favor if you looked the villains I've put away, Whirlwind in particular."
Jan waited to hear both Steve and Howard's reply before she shrunk to an inch high and flew out the nearest open window. Whether Steve was sending a plane or helicopter for her or she was going to have to fly to the OSCORP building, she needed to be outside and the sooner she got away from the unsettling robot, the better.

She stared at him, as she listened to the Captain smiled wide, her tone got a more colorful outline. "Seven ?" She giggled. "Sorry, how to say Captain, why, out of nowhere, seven" Rachel lift seven fingers up. "Seven dangerous men decided to combine their power to make a rampage in the city ? " She began to play with the finger over her lower lip. Rachel steped in the helicopter with him and sighs. "I am not a genius, but really, why they would want to combine their powers? Power? Money? I assume you have more informations than me, a lot I guess." She said as on the right side placed the hair behind her ear. "My parents." Didn't said more, like what happened or why, just two words.

"So where are the others?" She said as her eyes didn't leave him. "I am sorry, but I am quite interested " Rachel placed her palm over her lips as she might have said something wrong.

"OSCORP" She whispered the word, she didn't knew nothing about the company nor who was kidnapped. "Yep, will be a damn interesting mission." She spoke as she sketched a smile, a smile more like for herself.​

Howard the D.U.C.C. replied to Janet's query, "OF COURSE THIS UNIT CAN HACK INTO THIS INSTALLATION'S COMPUTER NETWORK. THIS UNIT DOES NOT REQUIRE INEFFICIENT MEATBAG FINGERS TO COMPUTE DATA. BEGINNING REMOTE HACK." The robot suddenly went quiet as its processor devoted more of its power to remotely breaking into the Treskelion's well-defended system.

Suddenly, the drone's speakers warbled, with Rogers' voice coming through. "You'll have to make your own way over here, Janet. We won't start the party without you. You can leave D.U.C.C. at the Treskelion if you have to; I still need him to do some investigating. Rogers out."

MEANWHILE

The helicopter touched ground in front of the carnage that had been the OSCORP building.

Paramedics, firefighters, and police were stationed everywhere, pulling wounded and putting out fires. Huge chunks of concrete and rebar gutted the street and shattered glass crumpled noisily underfoot.

Rogers hopped out of the chopper and offered out a hand to help Rachel disembark.

"Looks like one hell of a fight," Rogers said quietly. He spotted and flagged down the officer in charge of the scene, quickly questioning him, but getting little more than what Hill had reported. The Synthetic Seven hit too fast and too hard for any of the authorities to get anything more than a cursory knowledge of what went down.

"Hey!" A shout from a paramedic caught his attention. "We got some people trapped under here!"

Rogers jogged over, where he saw that a slab of concrete wall had fallen on top of a huge hole in the street from a prior collapse. From within came the sounds of panicking citizens, obviously trapped in the impromptu oubliette. A sliver of a crack in the street allowed him to see at least a half dozen people underneath.

Rescue teams were frantically trying to break the slab into pieces using jackhammers, but Rogers felt had a slightly faster way to get the job done. "Everyone, get to one side!" he shouted to the trapped people below. To the rescue workers, he commanded, "Drill in a line, right here." He stepped onto the slab while the workers did as he bade.

He slipped his shield off his back and onto his arm and touched the slab with his free hand to get a feel of the vibrations from the jackhammers. "All right, pull the jackhammers!" he ordered. When the workers cleared, he slammed the edge of his shield into the line the jackhammers had made, causing the entire slab to split down the middle and drop into the oubliette.

The rescue teams flooded in with rope and stretchers and began ferrying the trapped people out.

Rogers dusted off his uniform with a quiet smile.

She licked her lower lip with a lust that glimmered in her eyes. The petit woman made her way through firefighters and police officers. Was a mess, a huge mess, everything seems to be torn out of a CSI novel, but no one of this seems to interest her. Rachel looked around and her eyes saw a chair turned on a side, she lift it with her right hand and stood on it. Saw the act of bravery from Roger and his smile, the kind of person that likes a good job done. Shaked her head to clear the unnecessary thoughts. As Rachel closed her eyes everything turned black as the only thing she could see were the shape of their bodies, thin wires of a golden color linked to every person mind, she looked for particular informations which gave her a little work. Crossed her legs as she placed her hands on her knees. Rachel stood straight, she smirked as she already found what it was needed. Opened her eyes and went right to the Captain. Barefoot, she walked like before her was placed a red carpet. "Captain you might want to hear this." She said with a smile on her face. "That woman you saved -she pointed toward a blond haired woman- ten days ago OSCORP sufered some electricity problems. That man, was hired five days ago and his first met was with a strange man that let behind sand." She stopped as she drew a breath of air. "And that old man, yesterday was his last day here, but he met an odd man." She spoked and crossed her arms. " Anyway, do you guess who they might be ? " She giggled and covered her mouth. "Oh to not forget." She gestured her hand in the air. "They didn't from front." Rachel winked and waited with a grim on her face. Her eyes were running around.​

Rogers's hand clamped down on Rachel's shoulder at her words.

"Rachel, can you telepathically track down any particular person I need?"

There was definitely something off about this girl, something that made the hairs stand up on the back of his neck. However, he had to trust her - or at least take a chance on her. Between her powers, Stark's technological know-how, and SHIELD's investigative prowess, he was sure the Synthetic Seven would be quickly found.

Already, his mind was whirling at breakneck speed, coming up with plans and strategies to sack the Seven now that he had seen them up close. He would need a few specialists to fully realize his plan, however.

Spider-Man's experience with fighting the Seven.

The Wasp's size-control ability, making her an excellent hit and run attacker.

Stark as his eyes-on-everything from the Helicarrier, providing constant intelligence.

Even Frank Castle, if he ever crossed paths with Rogers again, had enough combat experience to prove a brutal wild card in a pitched fight.

He hoped Rachel had read his thoughts. He assumed she did. "Rachel, I need you to send a message to them. I need their help. Have them meet me here. Lives are at stake."

He gestured with an arm to the devastation around them, to the beleaguered people he had just saved.

"You can help me save them all."

Completely stumped, Frank's van, still beat up and with a broken windshield could be seen driving up to Oscorp. He slammed on the brakes as he saw the amount of activity. Getting in would be hard. He had no doubt he could do it, though. The police had never really done anything to stop him, and he had gotten quite a bit of covert support from some of their members in the past. He knew this would be hard, though. When Frank got out, he had a large flamethrower on his back and a few side-arms at his waist. He wasn't sure how he'd deal with the people that would be unfazed by this, but Thousand and Swarm certainly wouldn't enjoy it.

She looked amazed at him. "Captain, my job is no't quite a easy one. The Wasp won't be hard, even Stark. But Spider-Man and Frank? Hmm I don't know. Telepathically I can, but I am sure that there are better people than me at tracking people, born with powers or no't." She looked around and let a sigh escape her lips. Even if she was Jean Grey daughter, Rachel couldn't compare with her, no't even with the professor, but with a little luck she might no't mess up. Titled her head, her eyes turned into a golden color, a strong color, with the right hand she pressed her temple. Everything turned black, like the first time she used her powers. Rachel had to cover a very large zone of New York, she got Wasp 'line of thoughts'. "Wasp, I am Rachel Summers, Captain want's you come to OSCORP, we need your help." She let a sigh escape her lips, tried to figure out were she can find Tony Stark, wasn't to hard, she often saw his face on news. "Mister Stark, I am Rachel Summers, the Captain is requesting your assistence. Please come at OSCORP." Rachel tried to figure out were Spider-Man might hide, she didn't knew his true identity which gave her a little extra work. She had to invade peoples personal thoughts. Once she figured out were he was she smiled. "Spider-Man, is a plasure to meet you indirectly, I am sorry to pop up in your head, my name is Rachel Summers, the Captain is calling you."
As she wasnted to find Frank, which, c'mon was someone hard to find, she stopped. "Well, one is already here." She said with a smirk. "And is not me who called him." She lifted her hands in the air in a defensive way.
She got tired , she felt tired, but tried to hide this, as her pride didn't let her show an kind of weaknesses.​

Status
Not open for further replies.