The Tavern - Let's have a drink, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the sword, it'll be interesting to see what the others will think of such a wondrous blade.

It is inspired by Christopher Paolini's Inheritance Cycle. It is a Rider's blade. It cannot be broken or dulled. The sword actually belongs to Arya Drötting, Rider of the green dragon Firnen and Queen of the Elves of Du Weldenvarden, The Guarding Forest, who reside in the city of Ellesméra.

Inheritance Cycle, is the title of the collection of books? The one with Eragon and Eldest? (And a third one I can't remember the title of)

Yes. Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, and Inheritance. Each depicts a different Dragon on the cover.

I remember reading Eldest as a kid, but it didn't peak my interest. Maybe I should start up again :D

You should. And start at the beginning with Eragon.

I'm reading Dark Tower atm, once I've completed these I'll start with those.

Never heard of it.

But if you won't mind, I'd like for Rowan to be a Rider. I will find a new name for the sword as well as her Dragon.

I'm gonna have to put a kibosh on the dragon, as much as I hate to. The idea for this story is less epic storytelling and grandeur and putting more importance of the heroes themselves in the world rather than the massive changes they inflict upon it.

And I cannot believe you've never heard of the Dark Tower, literally blows my mind.

I would technically be playing two characters with a Dragon anyway. A Dragon and Rider are both seperate and connected.

So a knight a princess and two elves walk into a bar...

Where's the punchline?

Well just in case there anyone who discovers late, I'm going to put the IC up Sep 4th, by 4pm CST. (I label it like this because I'm currently in a weird time zone so I reference it to my home)

In general, if you need to talk to me or let me know something, I'm available from 4am to 4pm CST, might be able to be on later than that but it's not guaranteed.

I'll bite. This thread has been tempting me ever since the interest check's initial creation, but I always assumed that I'd be a bit too busy to jump into a roleplay.

But darn it, my craving for fantasy has gotten the better of me~

So the current characters are a sword princess, an old guard, and an elven ranger, and another mysterious elf.
It looks like this adventurer party is in need of a magic caster~

I'm all for it, although I think 5 would be my hard limit.

Quick note about dropping out, however, if you find that you cannot make the time to join in the game any longer... No hard feelings! I know how life can get in the way of sitting down and writing, even if it's something you want to be a part of.

The only thing I ask is for a least a message so I can GM your character out OR you can write your own exit from the story, but it does hurt as a player when another one simply poofs out of existence so I will minimize that as best I can.

I suppose my first question is how magic works in this setting. Leaning more towards a cleric or healer than a blasty-shooty wizard.
Three sharp swords are probably enough for offense~

Magic is something akin to Miracles in Dark Souls. If you don't understand that reference, then think of them as either a prayer to the gods (for healing) or forbidden knowledge (for aggression). The populace will respond accordingly, so be aware of how you will be perceived since the world around you is the "character" I'm portraying.

Status
Not open for further replies.