The Tavern - Let's have a drink, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian is not just some old guard damn it (Mock anger) but I guess it will be expanded on it the RP itself.

Reactions: Uneasy Goat
/shreiks at the sudden explosion of interest and characters~

I'm about to add to her, although I kind of like being "the other mysterious elf".

Which is funny, because she's going to be mysterious in a way.

Goat, I think I'm going to message you and give you a sort of idea of my character's story before I write something in there, but I'm going to give the rest some stuff to fill it a little.

P.S., Excuse the picture, too many half naked chicks and frustrations, so have a face and some imagination as I describe from the neck down~

Oh my, I don't get any alerts and the page is already 3 >.<

Can't wait to start the RP~ and I do think we need a spell caster here, I vote for healer! XD since we have enough fighter here :3

Also I agree with you Zella that most elf wear mini clothes, I wonder if they ever catch cold XD
Also, for the outfit you can find people who made outfit, like this for example.... this one made by VioletKy on deviantart and there are more people that design fantasy outfit like this ^^ @ZellaKitty

___commission_outfit_may_17____by_violetky-d7k8cwj.png

Ooh I'd love to join!

Oh, I'd love to have new character here :3

But I don't know whether the GM still accepting or not since I remember that he said 4 is the number he can handle, maybe 5, but one member I believe already asking to be one >.<

Maybe seeing that you already make charrie maybe he will accept more :3

Name: Xavier Dimitriaski

Sex:Male

Race:Elf

Personality: even tempered, diplomatic, takes a while t warm up to people

Background: Xavier was part of a small retinue of elite spellswords that guarded a noble within elvish society. While working for his Lord, whom was a rather shrewd and calculating politician, knew that in order to do what must be done to get anywhere he needed soldiers unlike Xavier, who was loyal to king and country above all else. The spellsword was framed for a number of things to get him away from the Lord and elvish society as a whole. He wanders now, using the skills he has to end skirmishes and the like, either with force or with words.

Appearance:

Items:small packs, one is a small leather pouch tied to his waist and the other his a slightly larger pack that is slung over his shoulder. with few provisions, two spellbooks, one that focuses on lightning based elemental magic and the other that focuses on telekinesis. Has his trusty enchanted spellblade that was a gift from his father and the only thing he kept from his knighthood.

flame enchanted broadsword:

casual:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dakota K5
@Dakota K5 let us be old guards together lol

If I get in I should say as I had trouble finding elvish male characters (like was said Elvish pictures tend to be scantily clad women) and I got to the interest check late too.

Haha, looks like I guessed right the first time: I am going to be too busy for a roleplay right now.
Ah, well, I tried~

Good luck, all of you.

Reactions: Hitomebore
@Dreamever I love the idea, but 5 people is my limit for this RP. This is my first one in about 5 years so it's important that I keep it smaller and more contained before overwhelming myself and inviting too many people.

@NewKingofDrangleic I was wondering when your CS would show up! (Note to other players, the reason I'm accepting NKoD over Dreamever is simply because he had asked for a reserved spot in the initial interest thread) Only thing I'm going to request is no twinblade, magic blades fit in this world but dual-ended ones not so much.

@Mite You're always welcome to jump in should you desire, just send me a pm and I'll write you in.

@NewKingofDrangleic Also, you can use one spellbook for any spells you'd require. I'm taking my favorite elements from my favorite RPGs and the main focus is D&D. In D&D, wizards use spellbooks for magic in a different way than say... Fire Emblem. Instead of needing an entire book for one spell type, you write the spells you know in the one spellbook you do have.

@Dreamever I love the idea, but 5 people is my limit for this RP. This is my first one in about 5 years so it's important that I keep it smaller and more contained before overwhelming myself and inviting too many people.

@NewKingofDrangleic I was wondering when your CS would show up! (Note to other players, the reason I'm accepting NKoD over Dreamever is simply because he had asked for a reserved spot in the initial interest thread) Only thing I'm going to request is no twinblade, magic blades fit in this world but dual-ended ones not so much.

@Mite You're always welcome to jump in should you desire, just send me a pm and I'll write you in.
You should probably post somewhere that the thread is closed then.

The thread isn't closed, just not accepting new CS's.

Although I will update the initial post with a list of characters and make a notation that new CS are not being accepted.

Whoa whoa whoa, wait. What's this guy?

HE'S NOT A BLOWEY UPPEY, IS HE?!?!?!? D:

P.S., @Azula Neat :o
And of course not, we elves are resistant to such things that commonly befall the round ears!
((I'unno.))

@ZellaKitty I think that elves has that kind of strength more than humans though X) Ah those pointy ears are always my favorite~

Reactions: Zella
Just read the first post, my name is Leecia Moran >.< I put her name under her picture, I usually use picture to make my name fancier X) *though no one really cares about it* @Uneasy Goat

@Azula elves<333

And darn it, I wanted to blow stuff up..

THAT'S IT. I'M MAKING A HALFLING BARD... ;~;

alright, now that that's out of the way, I must do some more thinking. I'll probably make some sort of rogue? Maybe? We've got enough fighters including a rangery type, we've got a blowey uppey now, and I'm not in the mood to play a cleric with the way they get their powers. Perhaps a sort of healer, just not a cleric.

@Azula If it was in the picture itself, that would explain why I didn't see it. I'm on a Gov't computer which means most pictures/avatars are blocked for me. That's why I suggested visual descriptions for characters, that way as gimped as I am I could still visualize everyone. Certain pictures will come through, such as the sword, bow and character picture for Cynder, but that's rare.

@Zella You don't have to make a combat character :D As I stated initially, I'm trying to stray from the major battle/combat scenarios a lot of Med/Fan RPs seem to do (not here, necessarily, just assumed). Your combat will come into play as the story goes on, but it's not as if you'll be at a severe disadvantage or a hindrance to the group as a support character rather than directly combat-prepped.

This is the reason I don't wish for NewKing to have a twin-blade sword, but why Cynder's weapon fits. It's not gaudy or extravagant, it fits the character and fits the world I'm creating.

I really hope I'm not shitting on anyone's day, I'm really not trying to tell you that I dislike your characters. I just want to make sure that you're all able to have middle ground without one single person being the focal point of the game. I don't want everything to be about the guy chopping through NPCs to get to the quest while everyone just follows behind, but I also want to avoid one single leader telling everyone else what to do based on their class. I want to see a Princess trying to avoid capture or trying to enjoy the life she's been barred from. I want to see the knight that's lost his way find a meaning or purpose in his life. I want to see the spellsword gain some humanity and look back on who he was when he blindly followed orders because that's what he was "supposed to do." I want to see the "Rider" explain how she got separated from her mount, how her connection became severed or lost.

Why are you in this tavern? The Inn of the Kneeling Man... What does that mean for you? How can you explain what's brought you to such a place?

I'm not telling you that this is the role you are to play, I'm not saying you need to adhere to my vision. I just want to make sure I get across how excited I am to see how you all work as a group. How separating yourself from the standard archetypes and stereotypes will develop a true character, a character with a part of you as a writer. Tomorrow I will post the IC and the game will begin. I'll concurrently post a "Rules for Posting" edit on the first page of this thread (and we can adapt it as necessary) so that nobody feels overwhelmed or left behind.

We're taking this journey one step at a time, one step together.

I know that, I just don't like having too many duplicates, especially with blowey uppeys.~

Reactions: Uneasy Goat
Status
Not open for further replies.