The Tattoo: A Unique Modern Vampire Roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
f811e040-4141-4f10-80a6-b3dfe91e4b53_zps2u3ajg9y.jpg
[BCOLOR=#cc99ff]Name[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=#cc99ff]:[/BCOLOR] Ophelia, aka Ophelia the Angel Maker (née Anneke Dries)

[BCOLOR=#cc99ff]Age:[/BCOLOR] 403 (appearance: 20)

[BCOLOR=#cc99ff]Gender:[/BCOLOR] Female

[BCOLOR=#cc99ff]Appearance:[/BCOLOR] Ophelia stands about 5' even, with wheat gold hair and pale grey eyes. No matter she is among the oldest vampires of the coven, she remains among the most human-appearing of all her brethren.

[BCOLOR=#cc99ff]Coven Position:[/BCOLOR] Culler of the Living, Liberator of the Damned

[BCOLOR=#cc99ff]Special Abilities:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#cc99ff]Dark Succor: [/BCOLOR] Ophelia has a near-hypnotic manner when she wishes, that brings a preternatural comfort and calm to both living and immortal alike. This is an ability far beyond the predator skills of the average vampire to calm prey. Ophelia has the ability to impart a sense of tranquility and serenity to even the most volatile, violent, rage-maddened, terrified and panic-stricken mortals and immortals alike.

[BCOLOR=#cc99ff] Beloved: [/BCOLOR] Ophelia radiates a loving, warm serenity capable of beguiling any mortal, male or female, and a great many immortals as well. She uses this ability to make the final moments of her prey a tranquil, dream-like state spent with the one most loved during life, whether a parent, lover or child. Ophelia also uses this ability to bind influential mortals to her, who are instrumental to the political machinations within the coven's borders and ensuring her peoples' blood supply remains flowing.

[BCOLOR=#cc99ff]Merciful Death:[/BCOLOR] No matter her diminutive stature, Ophelia is capable of short bursts of speed and strength far superior to any mortal's ability (as well as that of many of her own kind), snapping a neck easily with her bare hands when she must. It is this skill that allows her to make the mercy-killing of the Damned swift and painless as possible, as well as enforce the feeding rules that have kept the existence of the Sanguinosa Covenus a secret from the mortal world for centuries. However, the use of this ability is an enormous drain on her reserves, sapping her strength for several hours unless she feeds thereafter.

[BCOLOR=#cc99ff]Bio:[/BCOLOR] Ophelia was born Anneke Dries in 1612, raised in what become the Dutch settlement of New Amsterdam on the tip of what is now Manhattan Island. Her short mortal life and the truth of how she was turned is a story that no more than a handful of immortals know, despite whispers of a jealous husband, a dark-skinned lover and a child long lost to the ages. What remains common knowledge is she spent the first decades of her immortal life in the wilds of New York, mad as the Hamlet-inspired namesake granted by her vampiric savior William Kidd in the late seventeenth century.

Ophelia now resides in an elegant, meticulously kept early nineteenth century row house in the West Village. Skillfully crafted portraits of men, women and children that span centuries are hung throughout her home, each one a hand-painted 'angel' created by Ophelia herself. The oldest of these, alone ensconced in Ophelia's private rooms, is of a handsome, smiling Lenape man, standing alongside a fair-haired little girl with his laughing brown eyes.

Her current duties are twofold: she scrupulously maintains the human blood supply of the Sanguinosa Coven through a vast network of hospitals, hospice services and blood banks; and euthanizes the Damned – vampires made from children or infants, or adult mortals whose bodies rejected the vampiric transition, leaving them not much more than pain-ridden, pitiful creatures trapped between life and death. Ophelia also rigorously enforces the laws concerning the coven's blood supply (and has for centuries), ensuring the legends of vampires remain exactly that – legends, myths, fun and spooky stories told around Halloween time or the subject of hackneyed novels, and nothing more. She brooks no deviations among the coven members who hunt outside the proscribed tenets within their borders, enforcing the rules with a genuine and ruthless brutality.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
The first IC post is up! There is no post order. If you have any other questions, feel free to post them here.

okay. so i'm ready to make a character, but i'm wondering if it's okay if i make another guy.

okay. so i'm ready to make a character, but i'm wondering if it's okay if i make another guy.
You can make your character a male. There's no issue there. If you're asking if you can make more than one character, that's a big no.

• Thank You
Reactions: Dock
I think this is going to be interesting with three different types of enforcement vampires among our cast and a loose cannon sex fiend.

Considering all three 'enforcers' have rather different purviews, the 'enforcer' types should all be able to maintain their lanes I imagine - though... A loose cannon sex fiend? 'tis an unexpected twist.

Not exactly unexpected, August has been with them for almost a century xD I'm just interested with some of his interactions with the enforcer types though.

Unexpected for ME I guess? I read your CS but my initial impression wasn't 'sex fiend' - but hey, good to know! XD

Anyway, I have a few things that need doing and more writing the needs writing, but I will have something up here tonight or tomorrow - imminently-ish!

Hello all,
Just wanted to say hi, and to thank everyone for their work thus far on the RP. I foresee us setting up an awesome story.

Sorry for being MIA for so long. Where can I find the IC thread?

Omicron updated The Tattoo: A Unique Modern Vampire Roleplay with a new update entry:

How vampires are turned, and the process for joining the coven

I've had a couple questions via PM in regard to how vampires become vampires in this RP. As well as the process a vampire must go through to join the coven. So, here's the answer:

How Vampires are Turned
New vampires are made by first being bitten by a sire. This allows the 'poison' inherent in all vampire blood to begin to infect the body. Next, the youngling must drink a sizable portion of blood from the sire in order to complete the change. This initial feeding leaves the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Useful
Reactions: Muirgen
I've been spoiled! Thanks for so many great posts thus far, ladies and gents. It's always so wonderful as a GM to have a skilled cast to work with.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Muirgen
Not my best work, I'm sicker than a dog. I almost passed out walking around wal-mart today,

So very sorry you're not feeling well Roach - just stay hydrated, yes? Hydrated, as much sleep as you can and some food when you can manage.

Status
Not open for further replies.