The Tattoo: A Unique Modern Vampire Roleplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox="Sebastian Brauer, grey, dashed, 10"]

Coven Position: Enforcer

Appearance: Sebastian has light brown hair and blue eyes, pale skin, and a near constant look of disinterest. His posture is perfect, his movements precise. He is around 5'10" and hides lean muscle beneath tailored suits.

Special Abilities:

-A Face in the Crowd: Sebastian is subtle as sin, able to disappear into nearly any crowd, to lurk as a fly on the wall. This ability manifests as an inexplicable and imperceptible urge not to look at the lean man in the suit. Vampires often find him much easier to ignore, accidentally or no, but his influence is nowhere near as strong on them. If they forget he's around, it's mostly because he's quiet, still, and dressed all in grey.

-Take a Deep Breath: In the heat of the moment, Sebastian is able to inhale and quiet his mind. This allows him to focus in on a very specific target and react with greater agility in regards to it. He'll never be fast enough to dodge a bullet, but a vigilante vampire hunter with a wooden stake becomes much less of a threat. This focus is sometimes too specific though. If faced with multiple opponents, he's forced to fight the same as everyone else.

Bio: It's no secret that Sebastian wasn't born in the United States, he rarely makes an effort to bury his German accent. Nor is it really a secret that he served in the German military during the first World War, as his sire turned him during the heat of battle and admits as much freely. He is open about his childhood in Stuttgart, and of the hardships he encountered fighting Wilhelm's war. The real secrets are what came between then and now.

Though he has been a vampire since sometime in 1918, Sebastian only recently came to New York. It's unclear how long he was there before encountering his sire, a member of the Sanguinoso Covenus. Had they met sooner, it likely would have come to blows, but after nearly ninety years, he kept his cool. After a tense but ultimately peaceful chase, the two shared a drink in a nearby tavern and Sebastian was invited to join the coven. His bloodline could be traced back to Thalia through his sire, after all, and his time as a soldier would likely make him useful.

Since becoming an official member, Sebastian has gone from strength to strength, rising to become an enforcer for the Covenarch himself. When Lothaire is too busy to make himself known to dissenters, Sebastian does so for him. Some within the coven consider him more of a lapdog than an attack dog, but others shiver just to see him walk into the room. Even without his position, he's somewhat unsettling, with that dead stare, that constant downward curve of his lips, that habit of casually taking a drag from his cigarette.

It's unknown why Sebastian joined the coven, why he came to America at all, where he stands on most internal affairs. All that's really known is his talent for roughing up anyone who disagrees with the Covenarch.
[/fieldbox]

Nicely done, Lady M. Sebastian is accepted into the coven.

Name: Theodore Stone
Appearance: Theodore stands in at 5'11" exactly, and weighs somewhere around 185 pounds. He has dark brown hair that has a natural wave to it, and he wears it in whatever trendy style the current era calls for. His most notable physical feature are his eyes, which are a striking shade of blue that most people notice right away. Despite being a lover and not a fighter, Theodore is in good shape and takes pains to stay lean.
Coven Position: Historian

Special abilities:
The Power of Persuasion – A silver tongue goes a long way, but illusion manipulation goes farther. Theodore can create and shape illusions that cause targets to see, hear, smell and feel things that aren't really there. It makes for easy feeding, but is useful in a host of other situations.

Enhanced Memory – Theodore never forgets a name, or a face...or anything, really. Through rapid recollection, he can remember and retain large volumes of information no matter how miniscule. This ability makes him immune to memory manipulation.

Emotion Absorption – Feeding from humans provides more than sustenance. If a victim isn't fully distracted by one of Theodore's many illusions while he is feeding, he will gain their current emotions. It is often an unpleasant experience for him, leaving him depressed and paranoid for hours after a meal. However, an unsuspecting target makes for a nice boost of positivity

Bio:
For centuries, Theodore has carefully watched the world continue to turn without him. Originally born in Connecticut, Theodore once had aspirations of becoming an author or a poet, but those dreams died before they could be fully realized, much like his mortal life. While dying of cholera in a New York hospital, a strange doctor took an interest in him out of hundreds of other patients and offered him a cure for all of his ailments that sounded too good to be true. Afraid of death, Theodore took the doctor's offer without thinking of the consequences or considering how long the life an immortal could actually last. All he wanted was more time to walk the Earth.

Following his acceptance into a previously unseen world, Theodore became the Sanguinoso Covenus' historian due to his impressive memory. He is more than happy to put his writing skills to good use, and enjoys his time in the coven's massive library where he tends to the records and artifacts as if they had been his own.

CPNAktX.png

AlmalthiaVamp.jpg.png Almalthia.jpg AlmalthiaVamp2.jpg

-Name: Moira Maldonado
-Appearance: 5 foot 10 inches 125lbs.
-Coven Position: Sanguineer
-Special Abilities:
Empathy: This gives her the ability to strongly feel others emotions. She can enhance those emotions or subdue them. As with any emotion too much can overwhelm her and cause her to be taken over by it till the subject contains themselves or dies.
Clairvoyant: The ability to see scenes from the past centered around the subject/object. Limited to touch.
Truth Speak: She can tell when lies are spoken. Limitation is that it is only spoken word.

-Bio: She was born in the fall of 1851 to a couple who were trying to survive the Potato Famine in Ireland. She grew up with almost nothing her parents determined to make a go of it. They raised three boys and Moira the youngest and only girl. Her mother had what was referred to as "The Sight" and passed it on to her. In a small way Moira was already an empath and Clairvoyant this was compounded when she was turned. Her parents dreams were not her dreams. She dreamed of more. She loved reading and read anything that she could get her hands on. She educated herself well with famous authors like Thomas Moore, Lord Byron, Mary Shelley, Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, and Emily Bronte. Around the age of 18 she took off for the nearest big city to find a position as governess like her favorite novel Jane Eyre convinced it could happen in real life. What she found was something out of a novel but not anything near what Charlotte Bronte wrote. She found herself on route to a mansion convinced that she would be teaching wonderful children all about every subject she could get her hands on. She got to the mansion to find it eerily empty. As she explored the house the Vampire that had lured her there from her advertisement in the local paper. She was turned and 'reborn' and her life as a Vampire started. She lived with her sire, Ursula Maldonado whom she took the last name from, till Ursula tired of Ireland and headed back home to New York in the 1890's. It was then that she was introduced to Sanguinoso Covenus as Ursula's protégé. Ursula passed on her protégé's talents to the head of the Coven who passed it on to the former Sanguineer. Who then groomed her to take the position if anything happened to him. Ursula fell ill and quarantined herself in the far north west and has been confirmed dead for going on 5 years now. The position of Sanguineer opened up when the former one followed his lover out west in 1942 about the same time Lothaire received the role Covenarch. She applied for the position and was granted it due to her known abilities.

Moira is as firey as her red hair. She is assertive, temperamental, given to high passions, loyal, loving, flirtatious, her smiles brighten a room. Her voice is the stuff of dreams, deep and husky with a rich Irish brogue. She is light and graceful she moves through a room and doesn't seem to notice all of this.

Last edited:
I decided to move away from the idea of being recently turned as it has become apparent to me that what I was seeking is an impossible.

-Name: August Pendragon
-Appearance:
images

-Coven Position:
Blood Keeper - Considering negotiations aren't always something that is needed in every day life, August spends his off-time helping the Blood Keepers in his own unique ways.

Negotiator (Part-Time) - August is very well versed in the subtleties of the human voice and subversive language, making him deadly to interrogate, deal with, or make contract with. He uses this knowledge to negotiate for the Coven when in political matters.

-Special Abilities:
Ω Serpent Tongue'd - August's voice can be laced with highly suggestive tones and energies, making humans and some lesser vampires feel strong physical and/or sexual attraction to him or to something he "paints up" with his words. It's his primary ability for preying on humans as it works very well on intoxicated people at night clubs.

Ω Mimicry - August can vocally mimic most possible sounds and voices, able to mess with one's mind when a lover's voice comes out of August's throat.

Ω Outcry - When August raises his voice, those around him will tend to react highly emotionally, or find themselves drawn to his words. In this way, August is much more likely to start riots, inspire the down trodden, and excite parties. It's much more of a suggestive effect than a commanding effect, however.

-Bio:

Born in what is known as the Romantic time period for the arts, August grew up in a world where emotions were celebrated, nature was looked to for inspiration, and romance reigned supreme. Though of course, it was not the utopia described. It was not too many years after the 20th century rolled in that August was changed. He can't remember exactly what he did before hand, or who he was, thanks to years of just not caring anymore.

He witnessed the shift from Romantic to Modern, and as of recently Post-Modern, and has met each of the periods after he was born with jubilee. He adores the arts and every time humans come up with something new he has to seek it out and watch it, sometimes mimic it if he can. Something may suggest that August was a late-great musician when he was still a human.

He's lived his entire life in the Americas, mostly around the north-eastern area, and has in fact strayed far enough north to experience the 40 days of night in northern Canada, but in the end found it too bitterly frosty for a place to stay. Around the time of the 70's he found himself at the door of Lothaire asking for a place in the Coven he ran. Since then he's been a mainstay and has seemed to quell his thirst for adventure in the world and placed much more value in the adventure of socialization, which you got plenty of in New York.

Around the 90s a rather fierce political storm came among the nearby Covens in which August managed to quell an entire Coven by out-talking their Covenarch and offering a mutually beneficial trade between his Coven and theirs. This act of negotiation earned him a more proper place in the Coven as their go to Negotiator, when his services were required anyhow. Before his entitlement as Neg. he was one of the top Blood-Keepers, he's since let that title slip from his grasp, but he remains one of the most reliable Blood-Keepers in his off-time.

In his off time he's often found messing around in the night lives of humans for pure sport, turning a few in the process, most all acts of pity for dying youths too cute to be put in the ground. Despite gaining nothing from it, his sex life is rather fulfilled as well, fancying himself a collector of sorts. In the past he would view his actions as horrifyingly immoral, but living as long as he has and knowing you probably won't die soon tends to begin to blur the lines on concepts of traditional morality.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the oldest vampire you will allow? I planned on having mine turned during the Salem witch trials.

I'll put up my character sometime between today and tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning (and if it's not morning where you are, insert appropriate time of day) everyone,
I apologize that my answers to questions and things have come in fits and starts. This week couldn't have been more counter-productive to starting an RP, it would seem. So, again, sorry about that. However, as the weekend comes I'll be a lot freer to RP, so yay. Now, onto the important stuff...

@neptune: Theodore is accepted into the coven.

@Corpser Roach: August is accepted into the coven.

What's the oldest vampire you will allow? I planned on having mine turned during the Salem witch trials.
That's fine if your character is that old. Just please understand that just because your character is relatively older than those already submitted, does not mean they're more powerful. I probably didn't need to add that, but I've learned that not everyone thinks that way.

When will the Casting be updated?
I'll update the actual Cast tab probably tonight. I'm away from a computer, and I don't like editing the whole thread on my phone.

-I plan on getting the first IC post up this Saturday. If you're not finished with your character sheet by then, don't panic.

@Omicron I'm curious if anyone from page one is accepted? Did you forget about us, and just have been accepting now. Or did we not hit nail on the head with our CS?

@Omicron I'm curious if anyone from page one is accepted? Did you forget about us, and just have been accepting now. Or did we not hit nail on the head with our CS?

Your abilities is what's wrong. He posted about abilities being closer to Anne Rice vampires and they're abilities all revolve around slight influence, however a couple of them have pyro and telekinesis.

Another thing about Anne Rice vampires is that they can feed off of each other when certain conditions are met, so you have a little redundancy with your abilities.

It might be helpful to post some resources with the CS skeleton so people know what the limitations are in terms of what their characters can and can't do?

Reactions: Almalthia
@Corpser Roach I talked with @Omicron about the first two abilities, and recall him saying that they were okay. I'm not too sure about the last one, but someone who has already been accepted has a power that is similar to what Felix has, just is explained different(?)

With that said, it's a bit confusing to me if it's about the abilities that I chose.

@Corpser Roach I talked with @Omicron about the first two abilities, and recall him saying that they were okay. I'm not too sure about the last one, but someone who has already been accepted has a power that is similar to what Felix has, just is explained different(?)

With that said, it's a bit confusing to me if it's about the abilities that I chose.
I'll be sending you a PM soon.

Reactions: Almalthia

Oh okau

Ok, well I've updated the cast list. I think I've answered all the questions either here, or via PM. I've also updated and clarified some things in the 'Overview' and 'Rules' section, mostly to do with character abilities and such.

I'll probably be closing the RP to open submissions tomorrow evening. If you've already expressed interest in submitting a sheet, or I know you're planning on doing so, don't sweat that deadline. As I mentioned before, I also plan on having the opening post to the IC up on Saturday.

Hope you all are having a wonderful night.

Reactions: neptune
img-thing

-Name: Julio Anton Montez, aka 'Monty'

-Appearance: Monty stands at a less than impressive 5'8", though is athletically built; his shoulders are broad, his chest cavernous, his hips narrow and his legs long and thick with muscle. His eyes are sharp and intelligent, hazel in hue. He's partial to leather jackets, designer jeans and Nikes.

-Coven Position: Vampire Paramilitary Agent, Trooper - His job entails general law enforcement duties, detaining and, occasionally, disposing of rogue Vampires who imperil the Vampire race's covert existence. Perhaps his position has now adapted to dealing with suspected victims of the Sol Blight in an effort to suppress it's radical spread.

-Special Abilities: Monty's abilities are rather less clear-cut than many other Vampires. He's no obviously specific talents. He's also not dead, officially, and in spite of his 'disability' has no trouble holding his own in a fight. It would seem he has a knack for physical combat - for winning, to be exact - but it is also a skill set that can be taught, given enough devotion to the art, thus it could hardy be considered uniquely his.

-Bio: Julio Montez, the second-born son to Anton Montez and Sofia Losa was born on the 10th of April, 1678 in Seville, Andalusia, Spain.
He was turned in 1710 at the age of 32, after sustaining serious wounds as a Spanish Dragoon during the The Battle of Villaviciosa. He lay dying on the battlefield from noon until nightfall when he was discovered, his chest yawning in the wake of an Austrian cavalry sword, slowly drowning in his own blood. The Rogue Vampire who found him whilst scoring the aftermath for an easy meal had had not long lost her lover of near to a century, and Monty's striking resemblance to Domonique Beauvau of Clermont-Ferrand baited the grieving French woman to save him in hopes that Monty would remain with her. He did for a time, just the two of them, though soon he grew tired of her insisting on his acting as the man she had lost. In spite of her protests he left for America and the lure of the 'New World' in 1832, amongst the ever-growing trickle of Spanish Immigrants.
Boredom drove him into the ranks of the Coverns in 1887, and his background as an efficacious soldier during his human life and, less officially, his reputation as a worthy assailant in his undead life found him a worthy member amidst the ranks of the Vampire Suppression Team of New York.

Just throwing ideas at the wall to see what sticks. I figure there would need to be some brawn behind the brains of the Council Monarchs and Elders etc. I hope you find this acceptable, but do let me know if I need to change anything in order to make the cast! :)

Don't we already have an enforcer though? There's stark differences but still.

Felicia-Day-vampavi.jpg

Name: Charlotte Rose Callaghan ~ "Charlie"

Appearance: Charlie is 5'10" with a slender, boyish figure. She has dark auburn hair, light green eyes, and skin that was pale long before she was turned. Unfortunately, turning didn't solve her freckle problem, and although staying out of the sun has worked wonders, she still has smatterings of very pale pink spots all over her arms and across her nose and cheeks.

Coven Position: Tech Support – Charlie works hard to make certain that all the private and encrypted data of the Coven stays that way. She also assists security forces in using facial recognition software, digital tracking methods, and the occasional back door hack. All for the good of the Coven of course.

Special Abilities:

Enhanced Memory: If Charlie has paid attention to it, she will remember it. If she has studied it, she can reproduce it with great success. While this rarely helps her with physical tasks, it makes her a genius at Trivial Pursuit as well as creating and monitoring the computer systems that support the Coven.

Back Door: Turned just as she developed a fascination with the computer, Charlie spent her nights learning the ins and outs from binary code to C++ to app development. Since she had the time, she was able to study each computer development as it came about, and her natural talent for numbers and computers let her make the developments her own. There are few systems that Charlie, when given proper time and motivation, cannot get into. In her mind, there is always a back door.

Bio:

Charlotte Rose Callaghan was born in the Spring of 1942, the fourth child and the third girl to Irish Catholic parents. From an early age, she was a trial to her parents, questioning the church and taking apart anything she could get her hands on. Sometimes, she could even have put it back together. Things might have been different if her father had taken her under his wing and raised her as an independent woman, but he died in an accident at the machine shop, and her mother was forced to take in washing and rely on charity to keep the family of nine together.

At seventeen, Charlie thought she had found a way out. She had always done well in school, particularly in science and math. She thought she might be able to get a scholarship to go to college there in New York. She heard they were building these new things call computers, and she wanted to see it. She knew that as a girl her chances of working on them were nill, but she wanted to be close. Instead, she got pregnant by the butcher's son, and there was a shotgun Catholic wedding three months later.

Charlie tried to settle down to raising babies, and babies there were – four of them. Yet, every day, she found herself drinking a little more, smoking an extra cigarette, snapping a little harder at the family. This was not what she had wanted, not what she had asked for. One night, she asked her younger sister to stay with the kids while she went out shopping. She took the money from the cookie jar and bought a bus ticket from New York to the University of Pennsylvania. She went to work in the background on the ENIAC project and her career in computers had begun. After two weeks, her husband came to get her, but she refused to leave. She told him to keep the kids and keep the house, to let her have her life.

When she was twenty-seven, she was deep in the budding computer industry. Her name was starting to be spoken in certain circles. Charlie was coming into her own. Then, she was approached by a stranger who offered her a position where the technology would never become outdated. Intrigued, she followed him from a dinner spot to a car, where he turned her. Uncertain of what she had become, she tried to run, but the lure of the blood around her was too strong. After killing an innocent young woman, she went back to her sire in the car – angry and contrite. She let him teach her about being a vampire, and in return, she began to work for the Coven as their tech person, keeping them updated and out of sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If anyone wants to set up a sire relationship, please let me know.

Not weighing in on anything all GM-y, just a quick note from my phone to let you know O, that my internet died tonight, but tech support should be here tomorrow morning and character up ASAP ;)

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.