The Sword of Weathers. (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Beast Folk of The World.

project_animus_01_by_noxypia-d6ttkqa.jpg

the_army_of_wool_by_tahra-d7y3mvg.jpg

karn__the_commander_of_black_wood_by_noxypia-d4r7w77.jpg

I guess Belros comes from the north, according to those charts of yours.

Come to think of it. I don't know how brutish you intend orcs to be in this universe, or if they live alongside other races peacefully. I just went with the standard green barbaric kind, because otherwise Belros' backstory wouldn't make much sense. Although his hometown could just be racist, I guess.

Reactions: Danny
I guess Belros comes from the north, according to those charts of yours.

Come to think of it. I don't know how brutish you intend orcs to be in this universe, or if they live alongside other races peacefully. I just went with the standard green barbaric kind, because otherwise Belros' backstory wouldn't make much sense. Although his hometown could just be racist, I guess.

I don't know. I do not feel inclined to make the inhabitants of the world to be racists. It feels like a sad world to live in. Why do they hate orcs anyway? I know they're ugly and their speech is awkward because of the design on their mouth and jaw, but they're just like any other humanoids. Perhaps they do seem savagely barbaric at times and some of them do feast on other humanoids, but who doesn't? I find human meat wonderful in taste, especially new born babies. Maybe in a civilized era, the orcs will be treated as equals and trusted to lead the community.

I don't know. I do not feel inclined to make the inhabitants of the world to be racists. It feels like a sad world to live in. Why do they hate orcs anyway? I know they're ugly and their speech is awkward because of the design on their mouth and jaw, but they're just like any other humanoids. Perhaps they do seem savagely barbaric at times and some of them do feast on other humanoids, but who doesn't? I find human meat wonderful in taste, especially new born babies. Maybe in a civilized era, the orcs will be treated as equals and trusted to lead the community.
Let's just go with the "I trust you, but not as much as my own kind" relationship.

@Majem , how do you imagine an orc's culture? Why does Belros's hometown have intense dislike towards orcs?

In the real world, people tend to be racist because of the lack of understanding in other's culture and language or dialect. The difference of one's appearance will also contribute to dislikes because shallow minded people can only love a face similar to their own.

I get all my fantasy races from Warcraft 3. Orcs are naturally more savage than humans and value strength above all, so they don't get along well with mankind (the fact that they're born from demons I will ignore). But your world is a bit more advanced. Late 1800s I believe you said, so I suppose they would not constantly be at war, but think of the massive amounts of racism in our culture (and that's with just one kind, imagine if we had orcs here) so there would still be bias for other kinds of humanoids.

You also stated Elves are more knowledgeable in the ancient language than other races and keep that knowledge jealously, so the world is definitely not a utopia. Races will believe themselves superior regardless. And I believe in the north resources would be less plentiful than elsewhere (The North folks from your charts are bulkier, probably because their diets involve more meat so they hunt animals for food instead of farm). This would definitely lead to conflict from all races.

Reactions: Danny and Shade_XY
I honestly think that cultural differences can cause some very interesting interactions. Moon is an elf, but he's not knowledgable of any kind of magic or words of power. Other elves might look down on him for that, but he came from a traveling performer group, after all.

Given the fact that Moon has met all manner of people and creatures throughout his travels, he would never judge anyone based on their race. However, given the fact that he is so free spirited, other more pompous elves might find him too primitive and part of the "rabble", while Orcs and trolls can see him like a scrawny little weakling, given the elf fysiologi.

In my opinion, cultural differences make some extremely interesting interactions, and if the world is used to all manner of races, racism wouldn't really be very prominent. The only places I'd see racism is in the really pompous and most fanatical.

On another note...how do I resize Moon's image? It's huge...

@Shard , the site automatically fit in pictures. It'll get large when you click the image.

Although I am against real world racism, I am up for fantasy racism. Adding racism here and there will add story and drama to the roleplay. Other races will be suspicious of other races, especially ones with past reputations of trying to invade other countries by force, simply because of the lack of understanding of their culture.

I haven't though a lot about orcs. So I don't have lots of ideas for them. I imagine them as strong athletic sapients. Perhaps I can think of something else later.

But elves. I want elves to be rare and mysterious in the world. If you would, make your elf a secret elf. They shouldn't be showing their pointed ears carelessly. Young pure blooded elves should be scarce because elves shouldn't make babies much since they are immortals. Moon (I'm still hoping he's a cat with stiletto heels) would still be considered a child because 100+ is nothing to elves. They should be proud promiscuous creature with no thoughts of long term relationship or marriage. Marriage is not of their culture.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can put a pretty, pretty scarf around Moon's head!

@Shade_XY

You can read up here for reference how races are burned into my memory.
This is pretty much how I treat races too. I'm going to take my sweet time with my CS, the religions (I'm building a couple from the ground up), and any other character related adjustments. I've got a lot on my plate. I'll try and get my character sheet up soon so we can start and I'll work on the other stuff while we're getting up and going.

Also, I think we should nerf elf age. 125 years is a hell of a lot to say you're still young and happy-go-lucky. That's basically almighty wizard mode. Let's make it so that they more slowly, but not that slowly. So take the age of your character if they were to be human, and add 15 to it. Our elves will mature much more slowly than humans and live longer lives, but several times longer. The average elf should live to be about 150 years old, not a couple thousand. Thousands of years of life with time to learn magic basically makes them minor gods.

Actually...I am going to pull out of this. Sir Pinkleton, you did not scare me away with critique xD

I just feel like I won't be able to dedicate myself enough as things are now and I don't want the RP to suffer because of that.

Thank you for the opportunity, though! I hope you all have a good RP ^^

I think we should let elves be immortal, but no players will be allowed to play as them. I feel that having their life span similar to humans would make them no different from humans since their youth and immortality are what makes them special.

@Majem, I like the link you given. I haven't finished reading all of it, but the part about elves is quite good. It is useful.

Edit: I've read about orcs and half-orcs as well. Its good.

The World's setting is turning into a semi-futuristic D&D with all the orcs, dwarves, and elves. I don't know what you think about it, but I actually been wanting to play in this kind of setting.

I will start creating the IC soon. My writing skills isn't great. I hope you can bare with me. I hope no one else bails out because we have just enough people.

Actually...I am going to pull out of this. Sir Pinkleton, you did not scare me away with critique xD

I just feel like I won't be able to dedicate myself enough as things are now and I don't want the RP to suffer because of that.

Thank you for the opportunity, though! I hope you all have a good RP ^^
R.I.P. nevar forget.

Oh and I'll try to get my sheet up. I've been busy with classes and stuff. Same for the religion thing. I don't want it to sound like I don't want to, but I hope you understand that I have to put university priorities above writing this stuff.

R.I.P. nevar forget.

Oh and I'll try to get my sheet up. I've been busy with classes and stuff. Same for the religion thing. I don't want it to sound like I don't want to, but I hope you understand that I have to put university priorities above writing this stuff.
I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.