The Strange Lives of the Ordinary

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly assumed to be safe that the couple would be out for 2 hours or so. And since she was in a bedroom, a really nice one she might add, she found the attached bathroom rather quickly and decided a shower was the first order of business. She stripped quickly stacked the granola bars on the counter and avoided looking into the mirror, lest she dwell on the scars and bruises and worst of all, her eyes. Once inside the well-kept and wonderful shower, Kelly allowed herself to relax under the first hot water shower she'd had in months. Her father used to turn off the water heater to save money for beer and this..was a heavenly contrast. She must have been under the stream of water for as long as the water stayed hot, cleaning herself thoroughly for about an hour. She didn't know when she would get this glorious opportunity again and suddenly this hygienic act was far more valuable because of its imminent rarity in her life. When she stepped out and wrapped a nice fluffy towel around her, she picked up her clothes and food and checked the time. She had almost an hour left and figured it wouldn't hurt to wash her clothes too. Searching for a washer and dryer, she wondered if people in this neighborhood or even the town realized how lucky they were. Even that boy who had school to get to and a home and bed to sleep in..all of them are just so damn lucky. Kelly sighed, opened the machine she found and tossed her clothes in before setting her granola bars on the lid, thinking of what she could have possibly done in a past life to get the short stick this time around. The shortest washer dryer cycle was 25 minutes. She could probably afford to stay that long. But she would stay vigilant, just in case. Downstairs in this lovely home, Kelly's eyes wandered to the kitchen..or rather, the pantry. As much as she would have like to cook her own meal--that which she was used to doing since she was little--she couldn't bring herself to steal the good stuff. So she raided the snacks, eating a few gummies from a gummy packet on the counter, resting her weary body. It was sore and aching all over, even after the long and wonderful shower. Her eyes grew tired every so often and she kept nodding off, red hair dripping cold on her arms and back. Before she knew it the washer was beeping at her and she had to get up to put her stuff in the dryer. That she did, slowly with half-lidded eyes, and then indulged in a rest at the couch. she was leaning on the comfy arm of one side, scanning some pictures hung or set here and there. In almost every picture, there was a beautiful girl with big eyes and pretty features and dark and perfect hair. Her life seemed absolutely joyful and if she was the one who lived here, Kelly was utterly and shamefully jealous.

Feelings of envy were those which she fell asleep with on the couch of a stranger, wrapped in a towel and shivering thanks to her hair and the luxury of air conditioner. Her body was too exhausted to care.

She woke when she heard a car outside the house. Kelly blinked, gasped and sat up when she realized her predicament. The towel fell to her waist and she didn't even try to pull it up again as she dashed naked to the dryer and started tugging on her warm clothes as quickly as her little body possibly could. Her heart beat fast in her chest and her hands shook, making the task that much harder as she hopped in her pants, hit the little closet door that that housed the cleaning machines and hurt her bruises a few times in her panic, grasping her hoodie, shoes and socks in one hand while closing the closet with the other, shaking from fear and self-disgust. How could she be so stupid?! Kelly tripped on her way up the stairs and bit back a loud whimper when her worst bruise collided hard with the steps. She couldn't go up there anyway, she realized. If she climbed down the way she'd come, the couple would see her out front over the porch. Her eyes darted around for an escape route, but the windows would be too much a hassle to open and the lock was sliding back at the front door. Someone's coming in! Only one thing to do: Hide.
Kelly raced to the little laundry room, climbed on top of the dryer and closed the little closet door. If anyone looked in it, she'd be caught immediately, but no one casually checks their machines this late. as long as she stayed quiet, she could hideout until whoever lives here falls asleep.

Except this person might search everywhere. Because there's a wet towel on the couch and an open window on the second story. Kelly tried to hold her breath as the door to the house opened and her eyes started filling with tears. She put her hands over her mouth and curled up around her hoodie which contained a very important note in the pocket. Since she had no time to put on the long sleeves, the bruises on her wrist and right forearm would be obvious to anyone who discovered her, but the young girl was too frightened out of her mind to think about getting caught.

• Love
Reactions: Annabella <3
Comfortable in the arms of Travis, his Calvin Klein cologne and arms hugging her right, Kayla couldn't resist watching him drive home. " Should I ask home to come in and chill out with me? Or would that be naive? Ugh.. He's so dreamy and mesmerizing.. but its out first date.. I don't want this to go to fast ..." she thought to herself as she pulled away slowly from him. She smile and giggled a little as she started walking backwards to her house. "She couldn't stop looking at him and her eyes were calling for him to come inside. The urge to take him, the urge to love him and throwing him into her sofa.. but she knew that would ruin the great day she's had with someone she actually liked... without her inner temptation making decisions for her.

Kayla turned her head facing her front door and quickly opening her front door. Pushing the front door in, she quickly felt strong hands placed firmly on her hips and she gently pressed her body back towards him. "I knew he couldn't resist leaving me alone for the night. This is exactly what I was afraid off.." she said softly to herself and feeling him grabbing her very firmly. Travis kicked the door closed and locked the door behind him. He nibbled on the back of her ear softly resting his hand on her curvy hips. She could feel him moving his hands but she held them still. Kayla gives a gentle moan and soon fights back to hold her urges, and quickly pulls away from his arms. "We should way this is too soon.. we just met.. seriously.. we should..." she says softly turning to look at him.. "I think you should go before this get to intense..." she responds with a slight frown. "It's okay.. I understand... its just.. I feel things for you and just looking at you drives me crazy.. I can't help it... your smart and beautiful.. " he said softly as he stood there scratching his head looked down at his shoes and then to look back at Kayla. She walks back to him and embraces him; giving him a gentle kiss on his cheek. "Think of that kiss tonight... Goodnight Travis.." she smiled as she pushed him gently to the door and watching him unlock it. She watched as he walked down the porch steps, to his car, and he quickly glances back at her... giving her a smile, while holding his right cheek. Kayla slowly closes the door, locks up, sets her security alarm and listening to his car start.

Before looking down at her shoes and starting to pull them off, she noticed that her white bathroom towel was on the floor. She didn't remember leaving it there, so she quickly picked it up and noticed that it was soaked. "What the hell, I don't remember doing this... Did I blackout?" she asked herself as she started walking to her kitchen to turn the lights off. She walked upstairs to her bedroom and saw that her window was opened, as well as her bathroom that was steamy. "I thought I closed that and the bathroom and its still steamed from my shower earlier...? Hmmph, maybe I forgot when Travis was at the door." she walked to her closet and started to undress her clothes. She pulled out a long white vneck T-shirt and unraveled her long hair; to leave it down. She stood there info t of her bed and placed her phone on the charger, in her nightstand drawer. She walked over to her bedroom door and closed it shut. She soon jumps into her bed, T-shirt and pink boyshort panties and lays there on her tummy; resting quietly on her pillow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ravenbelle
When someone entered the house, Kelly tried to keep perfectly still, holding her breath even. She expected the person to walk past the laundry room towards the stairs, but instead, the door opened again and she heard someone else come in. and then there was a kick and lock and was that...? a moan? Kelly felt very much like an intruder then and her whole face was red, thinking this is what she gets for stealing into someone's house uninvited at night. But then there was a soft voice and the sounds of ruffling clothing stopped. Kelly caught a few words between the two. Travis very much liked the owner of this house. Kayla. They were so sweet to each other. Kelly felt a tear drip out of her misty eyes at last, thinking she wished there was someone out there who cared about her like that. And then Travis was gone and Kelly hoped Kelly would fall asleep quickly so she could dash the heck out of the house...somehow.

Here Kayla did ask herself about the towel, but didn't seem suspicious enough to think someone had been there. Maybe Kelly would get lucky and the gorgeous woman would think something similar about the window upstairs. She heard her walk up the stairs then and took a small few breaths, and relaxed a little when she heard a door close upstairs. Kelly sighed a breath of relief. Now all she had to do was wait for about an hour or two and hope by then that Kayla would be asleep enough to keep from hearing her get out of the house. But Kelly made another stupid mistake in relaxing from her tense curled up ball on the dryer. When she leaned back just the slightest bit, she tapped the on button and squeaked at the sudden loud tumbling of the empty machine below her. Her foot kicked the closet door and she rapidly hit the off button, covering her mouth and curling up again, eyes winced shut and tears catching between her fingers on their way to her chin. How in the world could she be so stupid?!

• Love
Awakened by the sound of a buzzing noise, Kayla quickly wakes up from her short sleep and grabs her phone from the charger. She hesitantly scrolls through her contact list and selects "Travis". The phone began to ring and she started to feel anxious. She normally wouldn't blackout and forget what she did or was doing. Knowing that there was a wet towel, on the floor and her shower being steamy; nothing was adding up. "Hello, Kayla .. I just got to Main St, are you alright?" Travis answered calmly as she heard the sound of his car in the background. "I'm hearing weird noises and I'm a little afraid to be alone... I was wondering... Could you keep me company tonight? I know its a little soon bu--" she was interupped abruptly by him . "I'll be there right now." Travis said hesitantly and quickly hanging up the phone. Kayla swiftly grabs her pocket knife from her purse and walks slowly downstairs to her livingroom. She backs slowly to her front door, holding the knife out in front of her and afraid of who might be lurking in the dark. She waited there, silently... trying to hear any movement any signs of an intruder and anxiously hoping Travis could come sooner. "Please..please, Travis...hurry..." she whispered quietly, glancing at her phone and back to the darkness again. She started remembering the note her ex boss wrote her. "Could it be him... or t-the a-attacker.." she muttered quietly as she began to tear up. He phone startled her as it began to vibrate. She looked down to see Travis calling her. She answered "Help me.. Please." she whispered softly as she lifted herself up and unlocked her door; turning off her alarm. She didn't look back nor did she care what was behind her. She ran into the arms of Travis and held him close crying. " I'm here Kayla..." He said calmly holding her tightly in his eyes. "Is someone in there.. " he asked quietly pulling up her face to see her reddened teary eyes. "I think so.. I really do.. I think there's someone in my house." Kayla replied nervously as she pushed away from him slowly looking back to her opened front door. "Call 911.. and I look through the house, give me your knife... stay right here and wait for me." he said sternly as he proceeded into the home. Kayla afraid and trembling, started dialing 911 on her cell and watched as Travis walked into her home and turning on every light in the house.

Kelly strained to hear anything with her ear against the closet door, closing her teary eyes and covering her mouth tightly. She started counting in her head, swearing she wouldn't feel okay to leave until she counted to an hour of silence at least, but not more than 16 minutes 47 seconds later, she heard movement on the second story. Maybe there was talking, but she couldn't make any of it out. Kelly started to tremble as she heard slow footsteps down the staircase. A few more silent tears slipped as the footsteps came and went. Did she hear a whisper? Damn this door, it didn't let her hear a thing. And then there was silence. Terrifying silence. What if she got suspicious and called the police just to be safe? What if Kayla was paranoid and decided to stay downstairs all night? Freaking out all to herself in the darkness on top of the dryer, Kelly's whole body ached in the uncomfortable position she'd tensed up in.
Finally, finally...she heard a phone vibrating..more whispering she couldn't understand and then the door opened. She heard...crying? Was Kayla crying? And a man's voice. Someone said her name. Her date. What had she called him before? She couldn't remember, even her bones trembled.
"think there's someone...house"
Kelly choked back sobbing and shut her eyes tight, trying to hear what they were saying.
thank goodness the male spoke louder.
"Call 911....house...give me your knife...for me"
knife?
911?!
Kelly pieced together the situation swiftly and there was no way she could let Kayla call 911. So she acted without thinking and shot out of the closet clutching her hoodie to her chest, but became instantly intercepted by a wall of force that slammed her into the wall painfully impacting her bruises. She was held there by a tall man with tanned skin and furious eyes, gripping her wrists with one hand and a pocket knife against her throat with the other. Her hoodie fell at her feet and the man's expression softened when he saw he was holding a young girl. The knife came away from her throat, but she didn't try to struggle. Before he could say a word, she broke down, tears streaming down her face without control. She sobbed with abandon, knowing she was a failure at everything, that everything was over. That she'd go back to her dad or worse. Kelly was shaking fiercely, practically vibrating with the consequences of a failed break in against some nice girl she didn't know. "Please..." She cried, almost at a hopeless whisper. "n-not..nine-on-ne-one.." Kelly bowed her head, trying to hide her red face covered with tears and anguish. "I-m so-s-so s-sor-ry"

• Love
Kayla suddenly heard a commotion inside of her home and started to become anxious. Confused and hearing a voice of a young girl, she rushes into the house, forgetting to dial 911 and goes in to see her intruder. Walking through the kitchen and entering the laundry room, she catches a glimpse of Travis holding firmly unto a teenaged girl and she is crying. "Travis..wait.. Please let her go.." she said softly walking up behind him and gently grasping his shoulder. "Let her speak first and we can see if we can figure something out.." Kayla looked into the eyes of Travis as he started letting her go slowly and keeping an eye out if she tried anything. "Are you sure Kayla.." he said calmly looking at Kayla and back at the intruder. Kayla walks closer to the blushed and teary teen. "What's your name hun..?" Kayla said looking into her eyes showing the anger building within her. "Why did you break into my house?!" she asked with a frown, with tears slowly coming down her face. "You frightened me, I thought you were going to hurt me..." she yelled as she clenched her fist and looked away from the girl.

• Love
Kelly didn't notice someone come in until she heard Kayla's voice, this time much more clearly than any of the others. She sounded so kind, even speaking to her, the idiot who initially wanted to steal from her. When Travis slowly let her go, she stayed backed up against the wall, picked up her hoodie and rubbed her wrist, which had been purple before Travis ever touched her. She was still shaking with fear, brown eyes as wide as they could be when puffy with her sobbing. Kayla walked closer to her and Kelly tensed up. She instinctively expects pain from strangers, especially in this situation. But instead, the gorgeous girl in a long t-shirt asked for her name. Kelly knew she couldn't trust anyone at this point, so she hesitated and bit her lip, trying to get her breathing under control or think up a fake name or something. She just wanted to explain that she had no intention of getting near her house ever again, that she was dumb and sorry and didn't even take a thing. But then the girl got angry. Her shining eyes became intimidating to the easily frightened teen and she flinched when Kayla clenched her fist. She didn't know what to do or say and everything was hurting and she was so so scared.
"I'm s-sorry I'm sso sor-ry!" She sputtered. "I n-never wan-ted to hu-rt y-you I-I promise.." Kelly whimpered and fell to her knees. "Just p-please d-don't call th-the police. Please!" The small redhead begged from the floor, trembling and holding her hoodie with shaking hands and white knuckles. "I'm sorry"
tumblr_msfioahL1W1qdky2uo1_250.gif

Last edited:
  • Love
Glancing at the young woman, seeing her emotional pain and her apparent purple bruising on her wrists, Kayla gently unclenched her fist and walked closer to her. She took a gentle, deep breath and slowly pulled the hoodie down from her head. " I forgive you.." she said humbly as she gazed into the young woman's eyes. "Why did you do this... What was your soul purpose...?" she replies with a steady gaze.

Anxiously waiting for her answer, "I promise you.. I won't call the police.. just talk to me.. don't be afraid.. woman to woman..." Kayla gently placed her hand on the kneeling girls' hand. Kayla couldn't believe that such a girl would be tempted to break into someone's home and couldn't think twice about the consequences. She couldn't help but wonder why she would even take the chance of getting arrested, injured or even killed by an owner. "Would you like some water... Anything... Maybe something eat?" Kayla asked softly looking at the girl and leading her to the kitchen. Travis stood there quietly and hesitantly, still trying to figure out the intruder and her motives. He wasn't quite sure if she was telling the truth or not and stood his ground.

Occasionally glancing at Kayla and back at the young woman, from the wall adjacent to the laundry room, he couldn't imagine why Kayla was so humble and gentle with a strange homeless girl that had broken into her house. Watching and witnessing Kayla's kind heart and gentle nature, a beautiful light surrounded her that literally intrigued him and somehow, made him smile like no other woman had. In that very moment, he knew that he wanted her more than ever. He couldn't help but to be fascinated by her curvaceous body in a such revealing way. It was his first time seeing her in her pajamas and he couldn't stop looking at her as she was talking to the girl. Noticing Travis staring at her and smiling, Kayla softly smiled back and blushed just a little. She winced and waited for the girl to follow her to the kitchen. Kayla saw the time it was and it was getting very late. She knew she needed extra sleep for her big interview tomorrow at the school. She didn't realize that all of this would have taken place the night before. "Aren't I the lucky one.." she said in whisper in a sarcastic tone.

• Love
Kelly braced herself when Kayla came closer, but for some strange and undeserved reason, the woman gently pulled off her hood and took her hand, asking her why she had come without accusation. Kelly didn't know what to say. She didn't have an excuse and she didn't know why she was being treated better all of a sudden."I-I just...I..." she stammered, trying to compose herself and stop sobbing like a baby. Before she could calm down enough to explain anything, Kayla continued in a soothing voice, promising her that she wouldn't call the police..that she had nothing to be scared of.
And then her soft hand held Kelly's and she breathed, wiping her tears with the sleeve on her other arm. She stood and Kayla guided her to the kitchen, asking if she wanted anything. She did, but she didn't know if she should really take the offer. What if they tried to look her up or find her parents or call social services? Kelly trembled slightly as she was led to the kitchen with a gentle hand. This small and ragged looking redhead following a gorgeous model-looking woman with hardly any clothes on. She felt very little and very unbecoming indeed.

So it didn't surprise her that Travis was not so keen on trusting her or showing her much kindness just yet. And she really did deserve much worse than a look from him, but he was swiftly distracted by Kayla and her radiant smile, even at this hour, which she probably commented on under her breath. Everything had been ruined. Kelly did everything wrong and now she was paying for it. She gulped and tried to stay calm, now standing in a more lighted area in the kitchen, where the bags under her eyes and her pale skin stood out more. Her throat was very dry and she was swaying with exhaustion if she didn't lean on the wall but she didn't dare ask anything of this gracious woman who decided to hand her kindness instead of handcuffs. At the very least, she deserved the truth. Or part of it..
"I..I'm sorry. Really, I was going to be in and out. I didn't want to hurt anyone I wanted to leave before you got back--" She was doing a terrible job of explaining herself. She winced and then caught herself yawning. "I..came because I..needed cash and I saw you leave your house..' This was clearly very hard for her to say. Kelly was extremely ashamed of herself, lip trembling and eyes to the floor. She felt rotten. This is something her dad would do..steal money from other people. She felt lower than dirt. "but I ended up using your shower instead...and your washer and dryer.." She wrapped her arms around herself and her shoulders tensed up. She felt like she'd be hit any second, like this confession would be the end of everything. Her face was beet red but she had to finish or else she'd be misunderstood. "I..ended up falling asleep until you got back and I swear I was going to leave way before then, I-I didn't even take anything, but then you got back and--and I didn't know what to do so..I hid in the laundry room and thought I'd wait til you fell asleep before leaving..I'm sorry..I'm really" she yawned, cutting her raspy voice off before putting her weight against the wall to keep upright. "sorry. Sorry.."She blinked slowly, and one of her hand stayed in her hoodie pocket holding her mom's note. She had forgotten to say her name, but that was probably a good thing. She was so tired she couldn't think straight.

• Love
Listening to the teenager beg forgiveness, Kayla sat there pondering and wondering what was really behind her mischievous doing. Kayla turned to her refrigerator and pulled out a tupperware bowl filled with cut-up watermelon. "Would you like some?" she asked kindly and gently pushing the bowl towards her. Kayla turns back to her cabinet and reaches for three glasses. Opening the fridge again, she grabs a Brita Filter and closes the door again. Pouring the water into the glasses, Kayla looks at the girl and sighs. " Its okay, you don't have to be afraid here, just be honest with me... I don't know who you are but I can understand feeling of an emotional pain.." she sighed looking down at her glass while passing the other glass to the redhead. She looked up to see Travis and walks over slowly to him and places a glass onto the dining room table. Kayla smiles and walks back to her kitchen bar and sits down. "Look I didn't mind you showering and cleaning your clothes but you should've just asked for help instead of breaking in. "Did you need a place to stay? Some money for a hotel... Food..?" Kayla asked sternly as she took a sip of her cold glass of water and then glancing at the teen. "Look.. I am a good person and I don't like seeing girls your age living on the streets... How about you stay here for a night or two.. hopefully we can get you into a school, home or even find your family..." Kayla responded in a serious tone looking into the eyes of the silent teen. She gets up and walks over to the hall closet and pulls out a spare blankets.

Placing the white soft blanket on the head of the recycliner, she walks over behind Travis and places both her hands on his shoulders. "I need you to stay with me tonight to... If that's alright with you...?" she whispered softly into his ear as she hugged him from behind. Travis smiled and placed his hand on her arm. "I'll be here for you and watch over you.." he replied quietly as he rose up from his place on the couch. He walked over to the opened front door and pressed his keys to lock his car and shut the door. Locking up the place, he made his way to the stairs. "Should I just go up to your room?" He asked softly as he held the railing and took a coupe steps up. "Yeah, go ahead, I'll meet you up there in a bit." Kayla said softly looking up at him from the bar.

• Love
Kelly felt so rude, so out of place, standing there dead on her feet, accepting food from a stranger who she'd been trying to steal from not too long ago. She winced, but nodded, humiliated as she chewed on a few pieces of watermelon as Kayla spoke. How could she say it was okay? Nothing was okay. Not what she had done or tried to do. Or anything. Nothing was okay. And there's everything to be scared of. Her eyes watered, but she kept her gaze low, couldn't bear to look her in the eyes. She just breathed, heard her walk back to the fridge and pour some water out, trying to convince her that she might somehow know how she was feeling. Kelly was doubtful, but accepted the water gratefully, basically downing the whole thing immediately. Had she ever known what it was like to be hungry for days on end? What it was like to feel that no one in your life cared at all for your well-being? It gets worse too. What else could she do but run? Kayla talked about it like it would have been so simple just to ask someone, anyone to help her with this but no one just helps other people without information. And even if they do, they do the wrong things thinking they can help. But no one can.

"Look.. I am a good person and I don't like seeing girls your age living on the streets..."

Oh Kelly was sure she wouldn't like any stories on the rest of her life is she thought that was the worst of Kelly's problems...

"How about you stay here for a night or two.. hopefully we can get you into a school, home or even find your family..."

At first it sounded nice, she was so so tired, and missed sleeping inside even after just one night, but at the end of Kayla's sentence, having caught her gaze and everything, Kelly was white as a ghost and ready to dart out the door. No way in hell was she going to let anyone--well-meaning or not--try to contact her one remaining family member. He was probably already looking for his favorite punching bag and Kelly had to find a way to get farther away..
Taking that minute that Kayla went to grab blankets and talk to her boyfriend, Kelly calmed herself down a bit and tried to convince herself it was just for one night. That she couldn't trust anyone with anything and she'd be gone in the morning like nothing ever happened. Hopefully she could do enough that she wouldn't have a nightmare bad enough to wake the other two.
When Kelly looked up again, she had finished the watermelon and Kayla was the only one downstairs still with her, sitting across from her at the dining room table. Taking a moment to think about what she should and shouldn't say, Kelly stood with her empty bowl and glass and rinsed them in the sink, slipping on a mask as she went about cleaning them easily. She returned to Kayla with blank eyes and mumbled, "I-I'm really grateful for your offer and-and everything..thank you." She took a deep breath, feeling her heart race beneath her skin. She'd never been any good at lying. "I really don't deserve any of it after I--after what I did....Kayla, I promise I won't be a burden while I'm here and I won't stay long. But since you decided it'd be okay if I slept here, um...call me Katherine. Again, I feel really bad about this whole thing." She finished sincerely, but then yawned and rubbed one of her eyes, still misty with unshed tears.

"Well then... I take that your going to stay then?" Kayla asked the teen happily with a smile as she started to put the clean dishes away. Kayla always kept a tidy home, since she was always alone; but now, she clearly had a full house tonight and needed to keep her home clean. "Well, feel free to watch t.v if you'd like.. just keep it down... and if you want to leave.. That's okay too..." she said softly while closing the cabinets and turning the kitchen lights off. She walked slowly to the bottom of the stairs and clicked the light for the stairs and the hallway. "I'll just leave these lights on so you can see and be afraid of the dark...Katherine.." Kayla smiled as she began to trot up the stairs and meet up with Travis that was waiting for her. "Such a sweet girl, I don't know what terrible hell she has been through... she can't even believe "someone" actually being nice to her...poor thing... I hope I didn't scare her off or anything..Well, we'll just have to see if she is who she says she is."

Kayla made her way up to the head of the stairs and walked into her bedroom. She saw that Travis had already fell asleep and found his way to her favorite side of the bed. She kicked her boots off, and wrapped her hair into a high ponytail. She noticed that Taravis had left his shoes on and decided to take yhem off for him. She didny like shoes on her bed and disliked it so. Untying the shoelaces of his all black Vans, she watched him as he slept peacefully on her pillows. " You are such a handsome and generous man... how could a woman like me be so lucky to have a guy like you..?" she asked herself in a soft whisper. She then soon placed his shoes next to her balcony door; next to hers and started turning off her lamps on the nightstands. The light shining thorough door of her bathroom kept some of her room illuminated and she walked over to her main door and closed it shut. "Aiish..I forgot to brush my teeth..." she said hesitantly while walking to her bathroom that connected to her bedroom. Brushing her teeth, she gazed at herself in the mirror and noticed that her face looked rather sleepy. " Long night and then a long day tomorrow..." she said quietly, after spitting the rest of the toothpaste down the drain and then rinsing her sink. She turned off her bathroom light and closed the door behind her. The moonlight shining through her balcony window, guided her to the vacant side of her bed. She slowly slipped into her covers and closed her eyes. She silently waited for Monday to come as she drifted off to a peaceful sleep.

• Love
Nichole stretched and yawned as she walked out from the cafe after clocking out. She hummed as she walked home listening to music her earbuds in her ears. Nichole nodded her head to the music and danced a little. She moved her short black hair from her hazel eyes. It was longer in the back. Nichole was wearing skinny jeans, a white tank top, coral colored flats and a coral colored jacket. She smiled as she sang.

"~nothing stays the same for long. But when it changes doesn't mean it's gone. Time will always get away as it leaves behind another day! Things may come and things may go. Some go fast and some go slow. Few things last that's all I know! But friendship carries on through the ages!~" she sang holding her flower decorated backpack close dancing some.

Kelly nodded a few times as Kayla started up the stairs. She wouldn't be watching tv, but she was glad for the sweet gesture of keeping the light on for her, as she would have been way too embarrassed to ask. the last thing was what really struck her though. Kayla made a point of giving her the choice to stay or go and that somehow made it suddenly more difficult for her to make that choice. She stood there, dumbfounded for a moment as Kayla trotted up the rest of the stairs and left her, trusted her to stay in her home.

Kelly blinked. Then, too tired to think on it any longer, she made herself comfortable with Kayla's blanket on the recliner and very swiftly fell asleep.

At some point around 3 am, Kelly had woken with a gasp because of her nightmare fuel memories..she stared at the curtains and the window, glad or the light Kayla had left on, and shivered, terrified of what or who might be outside to come after her. She cried as silently as she could for a bit, shivering in her blanket and trying to get back to sleep. But apparently she wasn't as quiet as she thought.

Last edited:
  • Love
Peacefully sleeping and comfortable next to Travis, Kayla was in a deepened sleep and in a paralytical state. Travis rustled around in the bed and suddenly woke up to a noise of crying. He glanced over to Kayla and noticed that she was sleeping soundly. " She looks so peaceful and beautiful when she sleeps, so perfect.." he whispered to himself softly pushing the fallen hair from her face. He noticed that his shoes were off and placed right next to Kayla's. "Wow, I've must've been really sleepy for her to take off my shoes.. Can't imagine what else she had done." he said hesitantly looking for his phone and keys; noticeably and placed on the night stand next to the bed. "Man, shes such a sweetheart.." Curious to the sound of crying, he made his way to the lightened hallway and downstairs to the living room. He saw that Katherine was still in Kayla's home. "Uh, hey.. Are you alright in here?" he asked sternly as he stepped closer to the couch. He still had a hunch of not trusting the teen in Kayla's home and was still a not uneasy with her. He looked over to see that she was crying and couldn't help but to be a "nice guy". "What's wrong?" Travis asked softly as he stood nearby the couch and waiting for her to answer. He wasn't awesome at communicating with teenagers and children, but he was a good listener. So he decided to sit there on the floor and waited.

Nichole made it to the crosswalk looking both ways then quickly crossed the street. She hummed and got her key from her purse before heading into the building complex. Nichole headed up an elevator then got to her apartment. She unlocked the door and happily greeted her pets and they had a nice dinner together.

Nichole stood under the shower head and sighed before popping her shoulder with a slight wince. As she washed away the pains of that day she thought to herself of what to do before bed.

When Kelly immediately noticed the shadow in the lighted hallway upstairs, she froze, wiped her tears and held her breath. Had she woken someone? Her face went red with embarrassment and she tried her best to keep from trembling. Why must she feel so weak and stupid? When she heard the man who had earlier put a knife to her throat, she kept her back turned to him and tightened the blanket around her with shaking fingers. Though he was asking about her well-being, Travis didn't sound very concerned. She sniffed and turned to face him, startled at how close he had come with his quiet steps. She scooted away from him slightly when he asked what was wrong, unable to keep eye contact for very long."S-sorry..did I wake you? I'm sor-ry.I'm fine. Um..i-it was just a nightmare. If Kayla's awake p-please tell her I didn't m-mean to be so l-loud." She stuttered, more focused on getting him to go than having disturbed him. She thought she'd been so quiet. Did he come down here with her alone on purpose? Her bruises ached and she trembled under his gaze trying to think up ways she could struggle or get away from him if he decided she needed to be punished.

Last edited:
"Look... I'm sorry for holding a blade to your neck. I know it wasnt the best solution, but my intention was to I only scare you and to not hurt you. You made Kayla so very afraid and I wanted to protect her. I didnt trust you, you were in her house and that's just how I am. Forgive me or don't.. Your choice." Travis said calmly as he scratched the nape of his neck, looking at Katherine with lowly, tired hazel brown eyes. "I wa just coming to check on you because Kayla fell asleep and I heard crying." he responded as he walked back to the stairs. "Well... Have a goodnight then." he said softly as he trotted tiredly up the stairs back to the bedroom closing the door behind him.

Nichole stretched after she got dressed for bed. She sighed heading to her room and helped komo onto the bed then patted a spot for smokey. They curled up with her and fell asleep. Nichole looked on her phone bored and shrugged finding a YouTube video to watch.

She laid down her earbuds in so she wouldn't disturb her pets humming lightly to herself.

I am sorry please excuse my ignorance..

Status
Not open for further replies.