The Strange Lives of the Ordinary

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Look... I'm sorry for holding a blade to your neck. I know it wasnt the best solution, but my intention was to I only scare you and to not hurt you. You made Kayla so very afraid and I wanted to protect her. I didnt trust you, you were in her house and that's just how I am. Forgive me or don't.. Your choice." Travis said calmly as he scratched the nape of his neck, looking at Katherine with lowly, tired hazel brown eyes. "I wa just coming to check on you because Kayla fell asleep and I heard crying." he responded as he walked back to the stairs. "Well... Have a goodnight then." he said softly as he trotted tiredly up the stairs back to the bedroom closing the door behind him.
Though Kelly was obviously uncomfortable alone with him--especially in this setting-- she was almost tempted to crack a sardonic smile at the notion that he thought she felt this way because of the knife. As if. She had understood why he did it awhile ago and if his intentions were as pure as he explained to her, the encounter with him in the laundry room was nothing. Travis has done nothing to harm her on purpose. At least not yet. Though every time she is near him, or any other intimidating male, she turns into a timid child for a teenager. Not that he would know why. So she just nodded when he told her it was his choice. She wasn't about to let her voice crack again in front of him. After he explained why he'd come downstairs, he promptly decided to go back upstairs--no surprise there with Kayla in the same bed as him. "Goodnight" She called after him, but she wasn't sure he heard her before he closed the door upstairs. So she settled back down on her makeshift bed again but before long, the memories and darkness was all she had all alone. So she tried to sleep, but only managed to fall in and out of light unconsciousness too many times before morning.

• Thank You
Reactions: Annabella <3
Frank was preparing for the interview tomorrow, when he decided that it was a good time to go to bed. It was late, and he had work tomorrow- ugh, school. He made his way up to the bathroom. A quick shower and smelling of citrus fruits, he dressed in tartan pyjamas before making his way to bed. With a yawn, he climbed into bed and fell asleep, unaware of the commotion a few houses down.

By the time he'd woke up, it was six in the morning and he needed to be at work by seven. His suit was waiting in his wardrobe, and as he pulled it on, carefully fastening his black tie, he made his way down to the school, briefcase full of marked papers in toll. It was a brisk walk, and one he could walk out any anger on before pulling on his fake happy face like he often did.

He arrived at the school at seven o'clock, and was greeted with "Hello, Mr Walker," or "Did you have a nice weekend, Mr Walker?" or "Have you marked my exam, Mr Walker?" So many questions, and he had to answer with the classic, "And to you?" It was a busy day today. There was an assembly to give, an interview, and he was teaching a history class for last period. Frank needed to stay awake. The staff room had a coffee machine; it also had staff. Ugh.

• Love
Nichole yawned as she woke to the sound of her alarm clock. She stretched and smiled kissing her dogs' foreheads before getting up. Nichole hummed taking a warm shower before getting ready for school. She adjusted her teal button up shirt, which was a bit tight around her assesses, and wore a white mini skirt. Nichole put on some white wedges and fed her pets.

She ate breakfast then grabbed her backpack jogging to school after locking the door. Nichole slowed to a walk and enjoyed the scenery as she neared the building. She walked inside passing some teachers ignoring the sly and perverted remarks from the jocks on the football team.

• Love
John was up early and out at his appointed post sipping a small cup of coffee to wake up when he saw her open and lock her door. She was young and in his opinion very beautiful, and usually wore very nice clothes, this morning a button up blouse and a white mini skirt. He had followed her for the past three days and she did pretty much the same every day. He had never seen a girl in mini skirt jog before but this one did and it was fun watching her, even though he had to ditch his coffee to keep up. After a bit she slowed to a walk and went right where he expected to her school.

John was a professional and did what he was paid to do, and normally he asked no questions he just did what he was asked, but this was different. What was it about this girl that
worried his client so much, did she know something about him, or was she blackmailing him. John couldn't figure it out just yet but he was going to try to find out one way or the other.
Most of his jobs when he enters someones home he does what he has to and then leaves no sign he was ever there but last night he just couldn't bring himself to do it.
She laid there sound asleep with her two little dogs never knowing he was watching her. He had searched her home looking for some clue, something to tie he to the man that ordered her death, and found nothing and that worried him. Maybe he gave him the wrong information, then he thought this might be a hit as pay back, but from what he had found out so far her parents had no mob ties either, so this had to be a mistake. He needed to find a way to talk to her without scaring her or raising her suspicions.

Nichole got her books from her locker and jogged upstairs her skirt swishing with each step. She hummed as she headed to class one of her earbuds in as she walked. Nichole nodded her head to the beat of the music and sat in class after pausing her music.

When her class was over she headed back downstairs for her last two classes of the day which were for the same class period. She sat in class boredly as she took notes and yawned softly. Nichole let out a silent cheer when she finished her last two classes. She packed up and walked out her hips swinging to their own accord as she headed to the cafe.

@brother4u

John waited patiently for her and she was right on time. Over the past few days John had grown to look forward to tailing her bUT not because it was easy, cause she was she had no clue he existed. No he loved to watch her walk and her hip and the carefree air she had. This was not someone that had any past she thought would ever come back to haunt her.

John kept his distance but knew where she was headed, the cafe. He took up position to wait. Being a pro made him very alert to all things bad and out if place and the tall blonde who also followed her to the cafe made John very uneasy, she was watching the girl too. Now John had to watch them both, maybe he had taken too long.

Nichole changed in the back to her uniform and then went around welcoming/serving customers. She greeted them with a kind smile and hummed as she served the many customers. Nichole smiled softly and wiped a little kid's mouth.

"There you are sweetie, enjoy the rest of your meal." She said bowing to the family and went on her way continuing to work her two shifts.

John had been watching the blonde carefully and now knew she was there for the girl. He had to take her out he knew no other way to call her off. He would have to get close to the girl now and stay close till he could quietly eliminate his counter part.

John knew what part of the cafe to sit in so he could keep sn eye on the young woman. He sat at a table for two near the kitchen with a good view of the front and back of the cafe. It didn't take long till she headed his way to take his order.

Nichole walked over with her notepad." hello sir, welcome to kawaii cafe what would you like today?" She asked looking at him waiting.

Nichole wore the usual waitress uniform for the cafe and gave him a kind smile.

Kayla woke up and noticed that it was almost 11:00 a.m, "Oh my gosh, its almost time to get ready for the interview and prepare myself!!!" she said nervously as she rose from her bed to see Travis still lying there on the other side. Kayla quickly dashed to the bathroom and undressed. Unraveling her soft curled locks and turning on the faucet, Kayla slipped into the warm water and scrubbed quickly with soap. She turned and rinsed herself and then washed her body. Turning of the faucet and grabbing a towel nearby, she carefully stepped out and started to brush her teeth. She rinsed and hurriedly paslced to her wardrobe. "Hmm, what should I wear.. I need to make a good impression.. I really need this job." she whispered as she slid her hangers over glancing at the many dresses and skirts. Kaylam picked out a dark blue pencil skirt to accentuate her curvy physique, a light blue buttoned up long sleeve shirt to hide her large bust, and a pair of dark blue pumps. She decided to leave her glasses on to avoid her contacts drying and become irritating. after getting dressed, she wrapped her wet hair into a towel and walked downstairs to check on Katherine. She walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge to get some milk. Above the refrigerator were MultiGrain Cereal which Kayla liked the most. She grabbed a banana from the nearby basket of fruit, chopped some pieces, and put them into her cereal. She picked a glass from the counter and pulled out the orange juice and poured it into her glad. " Mmmmm, yummy.. This is good!" she said calmly glancing at the time in the stove. " Dammit 12:00 p.m. already??!!!" she said hesitantly taking a big gulp of orange juice and running back upstairs.

Entering her bedroom, she grabbed her phone, her notebook and résumés, her keys and her shoes. She grabbed a sheet of paper and a pen from her notebook. She proceeded to write, "Hey Travis.. I have an interview today at the local school. I don't know why time I will be back. Please watch over the place and call me if anything. Katherine is still here and see too it that she eats or if she leaves let me know. Okay? I miss you !! Talk to you soon. Love Kayla!! XoXo <3"
Finishing the note, she paces it on the nightstand next to him and gives Travis a gentle kiss. Jotting downstairs and she waves bye to Katherine and closes the door behind her. "I hope things are okay between the two of them... I pray things are okay... I really hope." she said quietly as she opened her car door and threw her things into the passenger seat. She back out of the driveway and started heading down Russell to the school.

Last edited by a moderator:
John smiled and did his best to act like a local. That was hard for him and this went against every principal he knew to mske contact with a target before elimination.
she was even more beautiful up close than he could of dreamed her eyes were gorgeous and seemed to sparkle.

"I would like nice citric tea what do you recommend" the waitress outfit did look good on her but it could of showed more leg he thought to himself. He did watch her walk away he loved her hips, damn he hoped he was right about her he would hate to kill someone as cute as her. He only wished the top showed more of her

Assembly went surprisingly well. All the headmaster had to do was give a few words on yet another pupil leaving school to go to a big city or another country or something similar. Nowadays, the kids sometimes didn't even spend a year. The bullying wasn't high, but neither were many of the grades. Simply, the school was failing, and the smartest kids were leaving. Though maybe a shuffle of staff would change that. Smart people raised smart kids, and smart kids attracted smart kids. At half nine, Frank feels optimistic.

However, Frank, by eleven o'clock, is sick of work, despite the fact it is Monday, and he's got hours yet. His body is running on caffeine he had consumed in the classroom, along with quick polite conversation with Miss Gina Reynolds, the head of the History department, to arrange the class he was taking over for the day. He'd rushed off, perhaps rudely, but he was a busy man, and busy men had much to do.

At twelve, lunch arises, and Ricky brings them both a cheese sandwich and, despite the fact he asked for ham, Frank eats it, well aware that in just under an hour, a woman requiring a job is arriving. He decided that, after eating his sandwich, he washed it down with water, so his breath doesn't smell cheesy. Hopefully, his deputy will lose his head and take control, because Frank really can't be bothered.

• Love
Nichole said"I recommend the Bree panini with raspberry jam, it is very scrumptious!" Smiling and took his order. "I'll return with your order shortly sir." She said bowing then went to give the cook the order.

Nichole hummed coming back a few minutes later with his yea and panini."here you are sir, enjoy your meal and thank you for choosing kawaii cafe." She said giving him his food. Nichole curtsied then went to serve more customers.

@brother4u

Well she was diffently cute he thought, and we'll worth saving. John ate slowly then left a nice tip for her a disappeared out the back of the cafe. He took up watch nearby but did not see the blonde again till she left the cafe for the night.

John knew this was going to get messy real quick and would have to intercept the assassin before she got to her

Arriving at the school, Kayla looked at the time on the dashboard and saw that it read 12:30 p.m. She noticed the school parking lot sign and parked where it was mostly for visitors. "A teachers parking lot I assume?" she asked herself silently looking around for and empty spot. She parked slowly and cut her engine off. Picking up her things off the passenger seat, Kayla opens the door to her car and places her heels on the scorching concrete. She slipped her soft feet into the navy blue high heels and rose up; closing the door behind her. Pulling her hair into a high ponytail, she looked across the lot and saw some students out for lunch. She became a little more nervous and uncomfortable. The thought of meeting new people and learning new rules made her a little nauseous. Tucking in her shirt and adjusting her tight pencil skirt, she took a deep breath and calmed her anxiety. Walking towards the entrance of the school, she saw the sign for "Main Office" and opened the clear glass doors. Making her way to the counter, she smiled softly and looked around. "Um, hello? I'm here for an interview. I was told to be here at 1:00 p.m. ?" she asked calmly as she blushed and pulled her purse to her right shoulder.

Reactions: OlympusBlood
Nichole hummed walking home after her two shifts. She smiled listening to some music on her cell while she walked."~don't make me close one more door! I don't wanna hurt anymore! Stay in my arms if you dare! Don't walk away from me! I'll have nothing! Nothing! Nothing! If I don't have you!~"

Nichole sang and smiled jamming out to Whitney Houston.

"Mr Walker is ready for you now, if you would like to go just down this corridor, and it's the third door to the left," the receptionist smiled back. He pointed appropriately to where Kayla was to go. "Good luck." Turning back to their computer, clearly not having much to do today, since Candy Crush blared across the screen. Outside, there was lots of middle school children hanging out, some reading, some playing sports, others just standing around. Everyone seemed to have their place.

Frank himself was waiting, rather impatiently, for the interviewee to come inside. Ricky, sat next to him, was more patient, tapping a tune on the desk until Frank asked him to stop. At the knock on the door, Frank replied, "Come in," with a cheerful tone which was impossible to realise was fake, due to many years of practise. With a smile, he offered a seat before they'd even entered.

Anxiously walking down the corridor and coming up to the their door, Kayla heart raced and she took in a deep breath. She knocked and a voice from a man called her in. She opened the door slowly smiling and blushing. "Oh my gosh, are you serious... him... Its him that's interviewing me.. Crap. My own neighbor..."

Kayla looked at the two men as she stood there eyeing them both nervously. "You have a beautiful school Herr, its very lovely and the students are rather sweet." she said softly looking at Frank anxiously. "May I be seated?"she asked calmly placing her purse the the edge of the chair.

Frank nodded slowly, realising he should definitely read the information he's given. "Thank you." He knows she's just being polite, but he takes compliments well. "You can sit down," Ricky filled in the awkward tension rather quickly. Since all the colour from Frank's face has been drained, Ricky has taken the hint and is taking control of the planned interview. "Thank you for applying to work for the school. Of course, this is a school, so this question is vital... how do you feel about children?" Frank felt like he needed a lie detector in these interviews. People made up too much. Perhaps he'd just know.

Kayla noticed that Frank felt awkward seeing her there in his space once again and she could feel the anxiety building up. She noticed that he looked quite awkward and became pale. She turned and smiled at the interviewer. "Well, I enjoy kids. I used to babysit my nieces and nephews when I was in highschool and I really liked it. So full of energy, smart and clever. I treat them with the same respect as I do adults. Everyone has their different backgrounds and stories. It's interesting when you actually see those stories blend together and become something beautiful. So... you can say that I love kids.. Truth is, I don't have any but someday I would.." she replied calmly with a slight grin as she gazed into the interviewers' eyes. Her heart raced as she awaited the next set of questions they may have had for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.