The Stones of Etherium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh there's nothing really special about that, it's a pretty common affliction. By the way, he did happen to say the red text outloud, he just hadn't realized he'd been saying it which is why I colored it so weird.

I'm going to keep trying to think of more thingers for the folks to do together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alrighty, lemme re-read Effort's post and I'll get down to planning.

I met up with a GM friend of mine who specializes in the Eldritch Horror genre (shoutout to mah boi) and have some ideas for our party. I think I'll stick with the motif of the original collect the seven stones but add in a type of "conquest" element where we destroy and/or convert the Seven Kingdoms along the way and use the stones to open a portal and destroy unify everything through the Great Old One.

Thoughts? Complaints? Who wants to join the Squidling Army as a WarPriest of the Cosmos :p
I see some flaws in that plan. One were a rag tag group of adventures, how on earth would we convert/destroy Seven Kingdoms?
Two you don't think our characters will be against the crazy rantings of a not-all-that-smart orc?

I see some flaws in that plan. One were a rag tag group of adventures, how on earth would we convert/destroy Seven Kingdoms?
Two you don't think our characters will be against the crazy rantings of a not-all-that-smart orc?
[spoili]
kEwxQEB.jpg[IMG]
[/spoili]

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Lol. But seriously. Do you have any actual argument for that?

Every time I've posed an idea I'd made it very clear it was open for discussion even going so far as to start a chatroom to facilitate discussion (in which I met a very nice duo fond of absinthe and popcorn I might add) I made my intentions very clear each time I made a significant post so everyone could directly or indirectly change the course of the story ie "Please fuck up my plans if it makes the game more fun." So far no one has had any complaints or suggestions on the proposed quest save Effort reminding me JoJo's a good guy deep down and probably will have something to say about it. That's how you go about conflict. In character. It makes the game more fun and, frankly, being told what I can and can't do with my character rather than discussing it like the rest of us doesn't sound very fun at all.

I apologize if I have offended you. I simply don't want to have anyone being overpowered and I have obviously been something of a control freak in this...

Ugh... I really wish we had the old GM...

I understand your concern, if you remember you were concerned when I originally posed the idea for Gorblok being a summoner but later thanked me for keeping him fair and balanced. I was hoping the fact we already had that discussion once would have instilled a bit of trust in my adherence to EVERYONE having a good time, not just myself. If you have another story line in mind please let us know.

Dose anyone else have any character motivations? Gorblok's got the whole world domination shtick, Jojo's sort of bent on vengeance in a way or rescuing his brothers from the army that captured them, which I guess they could have sold them into slavery which might turn into a long search and rescue mission or any number of things. I'm not sure how much motivation your characters would have to help him. However it could lead to lots of bandit killing, or soldier killing with looting on the side, if you're into that sort of thing. Jojo will probably have to go through some character development to save his bros and help rebuild the monastery.

Or something generic. Or the main quest, which was collect the stones right? Big Ol' Squidy could want the stones too I suppose.

I had an idea where the stones, when combined, summon the vessel for a god to stop another, less pleasant god from destroying... well everything in a vessel of their own. We could do all the character developing thingies as side-quests or sets of side-quests, possibly some leading us to one of the stones.

Clair is simply bored with life and low on money, seeking revenge on the Ashen Monster being one of her few goals. She is loyal to her friends however and would probably help them if she knew them well enough.

I apologize for the delay in response; blame the temporary trip to a different city, where internet's bad and reception is limited to two bars, and procrastination of studies resulting me in catching up on how something is hydrophobic/hydrophilic.

Selestewa's motivation?

Two goals. Her highest priority goal is acceptance; that is, finding acceptance from others as she is, lacking the courage and will to accept herself as she is right now, hoping that one day she will learn to love herself, not hate or fear what she might be.

Her second goal is to find a way to remove the damage that has been forced on her arm, any method to strip the tainted flesh from her bones. At the very least, find a way to make it less visible, less obvious what has happened to her.

start a chatroom to facilitate discussion (in which I met a very nice duo fond of absinthe and popcorn I might add)

Well, one of us likes popcorn, anyway.

I don't despise it, I just don't prefer it.

I don't really like popcorn either. It gets in my teeth, the kernel chokes me when I try to talk or breath, and then I die.

Aw stupid! I should have posted by now! GAAAHHHH (shame)

Finally, after approximately two weeks, I'm back to civilization and have my computer fixed. Well, enough to post, anyway. Onto character interaction!

Apologies for double posting.

It would appear that, no, my computer is not cured of it's virus, and it appears that this virus seems to hate the Iwakuroleplay web domain a lot, considering the fact that it keeps disabling my connection to the website so I end up with the page "[DNS] Error Connecting to 'www.iwakuroleplay.com'; no such host found", seemingly at random making it so that clicking the 'Post Reply' button redirects me to an advertisement, therefore losing my typed down work, and sometimes making it so that my posts never make it to the web domain.

Basically, there's going to be a bit of a hiatus on my posts (again) as I try to get access to a less hateful computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.