The Stones of Etherium

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Myyt

Original poster

Greetings! Welcome to the OOC for The Stones of Etherium. This is a roleplay which takes place in a living breathing world that reacts as you interact with it. The concept for this roleplay originated as a completely home brewed DnD campaign, which is why it is so open ended. The plot line shifts and changes with the party, but still has a general arc to follow. Multiple parties can exist, so don't feel shy to join even if there's already a million people. Expect this OOC to be updated pretty regularly. Without further adieu...​

THE WORLD:

The world is broken up into several kingdoms. I'll probably upload a really poorly drawn map later but for now descriptions will have to do. I'll briefly speak about the major locations and go into more detail within the roleplay or if you ask me about a specific place when creating your character. Remember, these are just MAJOR settlements and areas, your character may be from a small hamlet or an undiscovered location. Be creative, but tame. Mostly.

The World is circular. In the middle is a dense, largely unexplored forest. Towards the eastern center of the forest is the elven city of Lenorian. Adjacent to the city is a sprawling mire with entrances to the Underdark, an underground world which is home to the drow, a race of dark elves. Far to the north is the only ocean and towards the eastern coast is the Free City of Palay. To the far east is a large mountain range which is home to wild mountain men and the dwarven city of Izu-Kan. To the far west is the human country of Tarchus. Between the forest and the plateau upon which Tarchus sits cuts a might river that flows south into a lake. Adjacent to the lake is the neutral city of Near-Water, known all around for the magic crystals they harvest from the lake. South of Near-Water is a vast desert known as Ninvar. They are well known for their slave trade and their ongoing war with Tarchus. Near-Water has been ravaged by the war, being a strategic location as well as smack dab in the middle of the warring countries.

Name: What is your name?
Race: What species are you? Elf? Human? For more exotic species, get them cleared with me first although standard fantasy fare you don't need to check with me on.
Appearance: Picture or description. I usually prefer description as it allows more freedom. What does your character wear? Does your orcish barbarian have a lipring? Does your elvish cleric wear a necklace that she never takes off? What color is your hair? Skin? Eyes? Really show me what you want to look like here.
Background: How did you get by growing up? What's your profession, or lack there of? Did you wander the wilds in search of adventure? Were you an apprentice to a crazy man who thought he was a mage, but actually just waved sticks in the air? If you want to connect your character to the geography of the land, go ahead! Just make sure you double check it with me first.
Brief Biography: How did your character get to be who he is today? What are some defining events in his/her life? High point? Low point?
Skills and Abilities: What are you good at? Do you have some magical affinity? Are you just really good with a bow? Are you the most sought after sellsword in your province? Try to keep the power level in line with budding adventurers.
Character Flaws: What aren't you good at? Speech impediment? Brittle bones? Cursed by a hag?

Answered Questions!

This list will populate with any questions I answer from players, it'll probably be updated a lot during the beginning stages of the OOC, so check back frequently for new information!

Minimum Post Requirement: None. Get your point across in as many or few words as possible. This is not an excuse for poor writing though.

Blood and Gore: While the roleplay isn't going to be focused on bloody gorey stuff, if it comes up, it comes up. Examples may include dungeon torture, someone getting blown to smithereens etc. Although I do expect some level of taste here, I don't need to read about how exactly 3 liters of blood gooshed out of some guys eyeball as you pop it out with a spoon or whatever you sick kids are into these day :p

Character Archetypes: however you want to do it! I prefer you stay within high fantasy races such as human or elf, but if you want to play something more exotic i will work with you. For an idea of what I might approve, Shapeshifters, Lesser Vampires, Half Demon, Half Elemental. For an idea of what I might turn down: Dragon, Giant Slug, Turtle, Leviathan, Harpy.

What if I've never played DnD?: Absolutely fine. We won't be using DnD rules at all and characters will be free from the restrictions DND characters usually have.

Alignment Restrictions?: Please try to stay away from chaotic evil or neutral evil. Lawful evil is acceptable.

Can I make DnD rolls if I want to?: If you would like to roll in private and see if you succeed or fail and base your RP post off of that, that's 100% fine. I'm adept at coming up with Difficulty Classes on the fly, so if you pm me or attach a die roll to your post, I'll let you know the outcome of your attempt. If you choose to do this, you will not be bound into rolling for the entire RP, and you can switch to post based RP at any time you want and vise versa.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Accepted Characters

Name?
"Clair. Clair Blackwater."
Race?
"Human last I checked."
Age?
"23... Yes I know I'm fucking short!"
Appearance?
"Look up."
View attachment 69435
"What is that? Oh, the eye. This is Bartholomew, say hi Bartholomew!

He's not much of a talker."

Background?
"I was born in a small village in the mires near Lenorain. It was a mixed settlement, orcs, elves, humans, you name it, it was there. I believe I had a friend who was a shapeshifter once... Oh, look at me babbling on again. Anyway, I was born into a long line of witchers and began my training on my tenth birthday. My grandfather, Flinch Grimdale Blackwater, was my tutor. He, quite frankly, was horrid. Everything I learned was self-taught and he would take all the credit for it when my parents came to check. Lucky, I was a solid reader as well as quick learner."
Bio?
One day in the twelfth year of my life, a beast came to my village. It was a ashen winged demon that looked like this.View attachment 69437
The monster killed my whole town, only I remained. That abomination not only ripped out my eye, but somehow got it to be possessed! The beast left with my town in flames and me without a family. Without any other option I donned a eyepatch, turned my missing eye (who I would lovingly name Bartholomew) into the center of a neckless given to me by my mother, took my father's broom, and left on the one remaining carriage. I've been a traveler ever since, setting up shop at every town I can. One day I will find that Ashen Monster, and make him pay. Ohhh how it will pay..."

Skills/Abilities?
"Witchery of course! I am still far from mastering it but I would say that I'm pretty bloody good. Potion brewery is also a skill of mine, it's what I sell at my traveling shop."
Character flaws?
"Eh? Crazy!? I'm not crazy your crazy!"
"I get a little angry when people call me short. WHAT WAS THAT?! ILL BASH YOUR HEAD IN AND THEN LETS SEE HOW SHORT I AM!!! See?"

Name: Adelais Underhill
Race: Halfling
Appearance: Long (mid-back length) Red Hair. Green eyes. Pale skin. Dragon tattoo on lower-middle back. Usually wears a vest with some bracers, and baggy pants to move around in.

Background: Adelais was an orphan growing up on the streets. She was caught stealing by the Ranger Ruinthrone, and was eventually taken under his tutelage. He perfected her thievery skills and she became a great thief. However, Ruinthorne was always cooking up some kind of conspiracy theory, be it drunken dwarves, or manipulative giants, Ruinthorne was terrible at identifying cause, but he always knew when something was up. One day, he went to investigate a overturned cart, and disappeared. Adelais is now the look for him now.

Brief Biography: Adelais was always a free spirit, and when she was not out having fun, she was making sure she could keep having fun. Lockpicks, daggers, crossbows and Move Silently are in her blood.

Skills and Abilities: Adelais is very quiet and very sneaky. She is good with lockpicks and has very minor skills with crossbows. She is not the best team player, but she still needs a team, so she maintains her usefulness.

Character Flaws: She is not very fast as compared to others, as she is a halfling. She has a low defense and is not very good without someone to draw the fire off of her.

Name: Gordon Lawrence

Race: Ranashi
[spoili]The Ranashi are a race that look perfectly humanoid, however, their internal anatomy is slightly altered. Their skin is also made of a series of fibers that are harder than normal skin, acting as a thin sheet of protection. This also causes their skin to have a slight gloss to it that is only visible from up close. This skin is stronger than human skin, however not strong enough to act as an armor. The strength in skin makes them resilient to breaking skin on blunt impact and prevents pressure exerted on specific points from becoming uncomfortable, but swords still stab and axes still cleave.

Internally, the Ranashi have their nervous system follow their circulatory system. While the cerebral cortex and the location of all thoughts and emotions are still located in his head, the cerebellum is a string that lines his spinal cord. This causes their backs to be much more vulnerable areas for their people, a single strike meaning life or death. As such they typically wear armor primarily protecting their backs. The respiratory and circulatory systems are also much more efficient than humans in this race, which allows them to stay energized for longer periods of time in times of physical strain. However, staying energized does not speak for their strength. This species greatest asset is their stamina, but they are easily outmatched in physical strength by most other races and culturally their focus on magic studies is far from impressive. Stamina is their asset but raw power is their downfall.

Due to the nature of the cerebellum not taking as much space in the head, the cerebral cortex is larger, causing them to learn other languages faster than humans can. This also does result in a higher extremity of emotions. When a Ranashi is angry, they get quite angry easily. These emotional extremities can often hinder or aid their actions in daily activity.

This species also has a climate preference of hot areas, able to live where it stays hot most of the year because of their superior circulatory system. They still need water just as much as humans making desert life doable but improbable, they typically live in green fields with an open view of the sun. [/spoili]

Appearance: Gordon stands at an average height of 5'9" weighing in at 167 pounds. Much like humans have normal hair colors for their race, the Ranashi have theirs. Most Ranashi have snow white hair or deep black hair. In Gordon's case he has the recessive genes of having a head full of snowy white hair. It is trimmed and layered to roughly shoulder length, though is shorter in the back. Due to years of physical training, his muscles have been toned to show through his tough skin. Just like most Ranashi, Gordons skin seems to shine from an up close view. His eyes are a sky blue as well. Picture posted in the spoiler tag.
[spoili]
leon_by_masterbimo.jpg
[/spoili]

Background: Gordon was born to a pair of slaves in Ninvar. His mother and father were slaves for sale but they were rather expensive due to their racial benefits. The two were a very loving couple and eventually his mother became pregnant, making her even harder to sell on top of the price tag. Merely weeks before Gordon was born, his father of the same name was sold but his mother was left behind, the slave buyer did not care to pay the money it took to raise a child and selling an infant would be even harder. When Gordon was born his mother decided to name him after his father, her lover. As Gordon was the last she had left of her lover she held him close and treated him dearly. His mother never did sell and due to this was eventually declared a free woman, making Gordon a free man as well. Gordon grew up to become a laborer, he had no special trade but his stamina that came with his race made him excellent for carrying out mundane tasks efficiently. It was not enough money to live luxuriously but it was enough to live.

Brief Biography: Being born to a slave mother never truly impacted Gordons life as he and his mother were declared free before Gordon was able to feel the impact, though he was treated with low class much like the people he lived amongst. His mother was an ideal mother but she wasn't much of a cook. As bed time stories his mother would tell him of his father and how great of a man he was. Though Gordon never met him, he idolized the idea of such a man. It became a goal of his to someday meat his father and to simply shake his hand and thank him for the stories.

Growing up in a low class society made getting a job very hard for Gordon once he was old enough to do so. As such he took any job he could get, though usually they were simply carrying things back and forth for people. He eventually became quite fond of such a simple job, he had time to think on his own and walk about in the heat when most humans and elves would sweat and collapse of dehydration. He wasn't at all important, but he felt as though he was as he did a job many others refused. His pay was lousy and who could blame his employers? It was a simple job and overpaying was a good way to get bakrupt, but Gordon loved having time to himself carrying things, holding ladders, cutting boards, the job didn't matter. He made enough money to care for his mother in return for the care she'd given him and that made him happy.

Skills and Abilities: When Gordon was not working, he was firing his crossbow and practicing his aim as best he could. While he cannot fire a proper bow, his crossbow gets the job done. Aside from being a good shot, Gordon can cook up one hell of a meal.

Character Flaws: Gordon is very emotional, his mood swings may be natural for his race but they are quite dramatic. Furthermore, he has spent little time studying magic, though he does wish he could learn to cast some spells time to time, specifically binding and rune magic peaks his interest the most.
Name: Selestewa Eve; once went by the name of 'Stew' by her parents and by 'Eve' by her close friends.

Race: Human (Could also classify as Unknown, depending on which arm you look at.)

Appearance: Selestewa has a physicality that is somewhere between 'obviously female' and 'androgynous', since she is too young to develop anything, but has the longer hair typical of females (though she doesn't style hers). Being young, she is also short and light, standing at a height of five feet two inches (or about 1.57 meters) and weighing at 107 and a half pound (or 47.62 kilograms). There is one abnormality, of course; her entire right arm, and a bit of her right shoulder, is always stained in a black material, like charcoal and ink lathered over her right arm. It's just a flat shade of darkness where her arm should be, and where the material reaches her shoulder it branches into various, vein-like formations. The clothing Selestewa wears is also a little atypical. The clothing closest to her body is a navy-blue, smock dress, the skirt reaching down to her ankles; added onto it is a single detached sleeve covering her right arm, hiding the corruption taking there. Strangely, the skirt of the dress was boned instead of being creased and ruffled; worn over the smock is an odd cloak that, instead of being one single sheet covering the body, consists of several pieces of cloth hanging loosely, each piece separate and hanging loose from the actual hood. Quite warm, considering.

Background: Selestewa's background is a bit fuzzy, since the only people that could explain it fully are dead, but there are several things Selestewa can remember well; she's confident her father was a warlock of some sort (lawful or chaotic, she wasn't sure), and was a figure prominent in fighting and war to some degree, responsible for making most of the material income in the family. She knew that her mother was a religious figure (a priest, perhaps?, a radical one involved in different. She was also aware that her family wasn't exactly close to society, living far away from any large civilization. Of course, she couldn't remember much about her past. The only thing she could remember was the event that changed her life. The event that left her orphaned. Sometime in her past, when she was coming of age, becoming an older individual, something happened to her family. She could remember it, oh so vividly she could remember it. She was upstairs, talking to her mother about the lice in her hair, worry in her voice, when her father burst in downstairs, the door frightening her. She couldn't understand a single thing that her father was saying, the nonsense he was spouting out, but she could understand the tone; they had to get out of the house, they had to run. Her mother had understood a long time ago, so they ran downstairs, and would've proceeded to run through the front door, but, alas, what stood in the doorway was what would orphan Selestewa and curse her with the arm she wears. . .

(I have a habit of typing a bit of background information in my character sheet and explaining the rest in the roleplay itself.)

Brief Biography: Selestewa, currently, is living alone, wandering from village to village, peddling what few resources she has to make it ahead while also making sure that no one is aware of what she is afflicted with. Sadly, this hasn't been the most successful of tactics, and she's struggling.

Skills and Abilities: She wouldn't see it much as an 'ability' and more of a 'curse', but regardless, it is helpful; did you notice how the entirety of her right arm is covered in a black material? That, in fact, is not makeup or a fancy sleeve, but in fact a part of her that Selestewa hates, a part of her that she loathes, and yet she cannot rid herself of it; it is darkness in its purest form, rooted inside of a young adult. It is darkness, everything that is wrong within the world, and the responsibility of this power is left to Selestewa. Since she has an arm made of pure corruption, it certainly helps in casting magic of the darkest kind, in casting magic relating to illusion and insanity, in summoning the darkest secrets that can drive adults mad. Of course, she is a novice to this kind of magic, so she hasn't exactly mastered everything involved; the most she can do are simple illusions and simple attacks, though she is capable of much more is one is willing to teach her.

Apart from sorcery, she is also very skilled at using any long range weapon, her skills being best with a spear, but any long range weapon will work.

Character Flaws: For some reason, she has an odd fear of anything that has far too many eyes then is typical. Her right arm also has a mind of its own, a will of its own; it will act on its own, slapping Selestewa or reaching out towards others when she doesn't exert her will over it. Luckily, it is mostly inert, not acting maliciously towards her as a being most of the time, but sometimes it can overtake her being.

What is your name?
I am Gorblok, Son of Orc Chief Maka, Last of my Orc Brothers and Commander of the Squidling Army.

What species are you? Elf? Human?
Is human broken? I am Gorblok, Son of Orc Chief Maka, Last of my Orc Brothers and Commander of the Squidling Army.

How many moons have you seen?
Too many for Gorblok to count though Orc Chief Maka says Orc Brothers lived thirty human years. Perhaps, too, has Gorblok.

How did you get by growing up?
Father Chief Maka lead Gorblock and Orc Brothers on many raids. Father Chief Maka tell Gorblok who to smash, Gorblok smash. Father Chief Maka get gold and is happy. It is how it has always been.

How did your character get to be who he is today?
Gorblok will share his most sacred story. Is story of how Gorblok became Commander of Squidling army. First you should know, Gorblok not like Orc Brothers. Gorblok do smash. Orc Brothers ARE Smash. Gorblok not know human word for Smash. Smash is need no reason to smash, only reason NOT to smash. Gorblok have reason. Gorblok have Father Chief Maka.

One day Father Chief Maka say Orc Sons, do not smash Desert People! And Gorblok listened. But Orc Brothers did not listen. And Father Chief Maka was angry. Father Chief Maka say to Gorblok, Orc Son who has listened, go a smash Orc Brothers who have not listened! And Gorblok listened. And Father Chief Maka was happy.

Father Chief Maka say desert people happy too. Desert people have special raid. Pay Father Chief Maka much gold. Gorblok will go to puny human village near Shiny Stone Lake. Gorblok will steal the stones and bring them to Father Chief Maka. And Gorblok Listened. But not to Father Chief Maka.

Gorblok enter village and human's fight for Shiny Stones. Gorblok smash them. Gorblok gather Stones. Stones are pretty and water is cool. Desert people must want stones becasue deserts have no water. Gorblok think maybe stones make water magic. Maybe Gorblok drink water HE will be magic! Aha! Gorblok dunk him head in water but no magic. Only hurt! Water hurt Gorblok! Something pull Gorblok under the water!

In the water Gorblok hear Voice. Voice say Gorblok is good soilder. Gorblok obeys without question. Voice say Goblok should work for IT! Not work for Father Chief Maka! Gorblok conflicted. Gorblok have idea. Gorblok say Voice need Chief, not soldier. Voice make Gorblok Chief, Gorblok will help Voice.

Voice say Gorblok will lead his squidling army. All around Gorblok small squid with one eye and many teeth appear. Too many for Gorblok to count but more than the fingers he has. Gorblok is mad! Squidlings is small! And Gorblok is on land! Squidlings is useless army!!
Voice say patience. Voice say Squidlings is special. Squidlings is magic. Squidling can fly! Gorblok like flying squidling but still small. Easy to smash, easy to kill. Voice say Squidlings have another trick. Squidlings all around Gorblok join togehter. Squidling make one BIG squidling! Bigling!! Haha!

Gorblok like the idea of Bigling! Gorblok say why not always be Bigling? Better to smash! Voice say Bigling is TOO big! Bigling cannot enter this world. Can only reach tentacles through to help Gorblok smash. Still, is better than only Squidling so Gorblok say deal. Then everything go dark.

Gorblok wake up to sound of singing. Smell of ale and sound of singing. Weight on chest and smell of ale and sound of singing. Gorblok look to him chest and see small cage. Maybe cage. It has no door but something inside. It small and heavy. Maybe is Shiny Stone. Maybe is rock. Gorblok not care. Gorblok is Commander of the Squidling army now! Haha!

What are you good at? Do you have some magical affinity?
Gorblok good at smash! Did human not listen?? Gorblok smash and Bigling smash and Squidlings bite! Gorblok best Commander ever!

What aren't you good at? Speech impediment? Brittle bones? Cursed by a hag?
What mean speech impotent?

Definitely interested! I will work on a CS tomorrow.

Bump.

[spoili]
"Stay away. Please, stay away."

Name: Selestewa Eve; once went by the name of 'Stew' by her parents and by 'Eve' by her close friends.

Race: Human (Could also classify as Unknown, depending on which arm you look at.)

Appearance: Selestewa has a physicality that is somewhere between 'obviously female' and 'androgynous', since she is too young to develop anything, but has the longer hair typical of females (though she doesn't style hers). Being young, she is also short and light, standing at a height of five feet two inches (or about 1.57 meters) and weighing at 107 and a half pound (or 47.62 kilograms). There is one abnormality, of course; her entire right arm, and a bit of her right shoulder, is always stained in a black material, like charcoal and ink lathered over her right arm. It's just a flat shade of darkness where her arm should be, and where the material reaches her shoulder it branches into various, vein-like formations. The clothing Selestewa wears is also a little atypical. The clothing closest to her body is a navy-blue, smock dress, the skirt reaching down to her ankles; added onto it is a single detached sleeve covering her right arm, hiding the corruption taking there. Strangely, the skirt of the dress was boned instead of being creased and ruffled; worn over the smock is an odd cloak that, instead of being one single sheet covering the body, consists of several pieces of cloth hanging loosely, each piece separate and hanging loose from the actual hood. Quite warm, considering.

Background: Selestewa's background is a bit fuzzy, since the only people that could explain it fully are dead, but there are several things Selestewa can remember well; she's confident her father was a warlock of some sort (lawful or chaotic, she wasn't sure), and was a figure prominent in fighting and war to some degree, responsible for making most of the material income in the family. She knew that her mother was a religious figure (a priest, perhaps?, a radical one involved in different. She was also aware that her family wasn't exactly close to society, living far away from any large civilization. Of course, she couldn't remember much about her past. The only thing she could remember was the event that changed her life. The event that left her orphaned. Sometime in her past, when she was coming of age, becoming an older individual, something happened to her family. She could remember it, oh so vividly she could remember it. She was upstairs, talking to her mother about the lice in her hair, worry in her voice, when her father burst in downstairs, the door frightening her. She couldn't understand a single thing that her father was saying, the nonsense he was spouting out, but she could understand the tone; they had to get out of the house, they had to run. Her mother had understood a long time ago, so they ran downstairs, and would've proceeded to run through the front door, but, alas, what stood in the doorway was what would orphan Selestewa and curse her with the arm she wears. . .

(I have a habit of typing a bit of background information in my character sheet and explaining the rest in the roleplay itself.)

Brief Biography: Selestewa, currently, is living alone, wandering from village to village, peddling what few resources she has to make it ahead while also making sure that no one is aware of what she is afflicted with. Sadly, this hasn't been the most successful of tactics, and she's struggling.

Skills and Abilities: She wouldn't see it much as an 'ability' and more of a 'curse', but regardless, it is helpful; did you notice how the entirety of her right arm is covered in a black material? That, in fact, is not makeup or a fancy sleeve, but in fact a part of her that Selestewa hates, a part of her that she loathes, and yet she cannot rid herself of it; it is darkness in its purest form, rooted inside of a young adult. It is darkness, everything that is wrong within the world, and the responsibility of this power is left to Selestewa. Since she has an arm made of pure corruption, it certainly helps in casting magic of the darkest kind, in casting magic relating to illusion and insanity, in summoning the darkest secrets that can drive adults mad. Of course, she is a novice to this kind of magic, so she hasn't exactly mastered everything involved; the most she can do are simple illusions and simple attacks, though she is capable of much more is one is willing to teach her.

Apart from sorcery, she is also very skilled at using any long range weapon, her skills being best with a spear, but any long range weapon will work.

Character Flaws: For some reason, she has an odd fear of anything that has far too many eyes then is typical. Her right arm also has a mind of its own, a will of its own; it will act on its own, slapping Selestewa or reaching out towards others when she doesn't exert her will over it. Luckily, it is mostly inert, not acting maliciously towards her as a being most of the time, but sometimes it can overtake her being.
[/spoili]

Why a younger character? My opinion is that, every once in a while, when everyone forgets the younger demographic, it's nice to throw in a younger character to see the reactions of others, to see the mixed interactions between the older, more adept characters and the younger, vulnerable one, especially one that is unsure of his/her abilities. I hope the younger character is fine; even if it's not, I have another back up, so it's fine.

Also, I apologize if my background isn't descriptive enough; I prefer telling back-stories through character interactions.

Maybe down the road, but for now I'd prefer you stick to just one character.

Name?
"Clair. Clair Blackwater."
Race?
"Human last I checked."
Age?
"23... Yes I know I'm fucking short!"
Appearance?
"Look up."
image.jpg
"What is that? Oh, the eye. This is Bartholomew, say hi Bartholomew!

He's not much of a talker."

Background?
"I was born in a small village in the mires near Lenorain. It was a mixed settlement, orcs, elves, humans, you name it, it was there. I believe I had a friend who was a shapeshifter once... Oh, look at me babbling on again. Anyway, I was born into a long line of witchers and began my training on my tenth birthday. My grandfather, Flinch Grimdale Blackwater, was my tutor. He, quite frankly, was horrid. Everything I learned was self-taught and he would take all the credit for it when my parents came to check. Lucky, I was a solid reader as well as quick learner."
Bio?
One day in the twelfth year of my life, a beast came to my village. It was a ashen winged demon that looked like this.image.jpg
The monster killed my whole town, only I remained. That abomination not only ripped out my eye, but somehow got it to be possessed! The beast left with my town in flames and me without a family. Without any other option I donned a eyepatch, turned my missing eye (who I would lovingly name Bartholomew) into the center of a neckless given to me by my mother, took my father's broom, and left on the one remaining carriage. I've been a traveler ever since, setting up shop at every town I can. One day I will find that Ashen Monster, and make him pay. Ohhh how it will pay..."

Skills/Abilities?
"Witchery of course! I am still far from mastering it but I would say that I'm pretty bloody good. Potion brewery is also a skill of mine, it's what I sell at my traveling shop."
Character flaws?
"Eh? Crazy!? I'm not crazy your crazy!"
"I get a little angry when people call me short. WHAT WAS THAT?! ILL BASH YOUR HEAD IN AND THEN LETS SEE HOW SHORT I AM!!! See?"

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Chrono I love Clair. :) I'll send you some private messages to flesh out a few details so I know more about her, but she's accepted.

Killako you may join.

Name: Adelais Underhill
Race: Halfling
Appearance: Long (mid-back length) Red Hair. Green eyes. Pale skin. Dragon tattoo on lower-middle back. Usually wears a vest with some bracers, and baggy pants to move around in.

Background: Adelais was an orphan growing up on the streets. She was caught stealing by the Ranger Ruinthrone, and was eventually taken under his tutelage. He perfected her thievery skills and she became a great thief. However, Ruinthorne was always cooking up some kind of conspiracy theory, be it drunken dwarves, or manipulative giants, Ruinthorne was terrible at identifying cause, but he always knew when something was up. One day, he went to investigate a overturned cart, and disappeared. Adelais is non the look for him now.

Brief Biography: Adelais was always a free spirit, and when she was not out having fun, she was making sure she could keep having fun. Lockpicks, daggars, crossbows and Move Silently are in her blood.

Skills and Abilities: Adelais is very quiet and very sneaky. She is good with lockpicks and has very minor skills with crossbows. She is not the best team player, but she still needs a team, so she maintains her usefulness.

Character Flaws: She is not very fast as compared to others, as she is a halfling. She has a low defense and is not very good without someone to draw the fire off of her.

Killako I like Adelais, and your character is accepted. I'll send you some private messages to get a few questions asked, but her sheet is accepted.

I'd love to reserve a spot for Gorblok the Orc 'lock, Summoner of Nasties and Squishier of Goodies but as this was originally a home brew it would be polite to first ask what your alignment restrictions were :p

Gorblok the Orc 'lock. I love the idea already. Alignment restrictions are only Neutral Evil and Chaotic Evil are off limits, but warlocks tend to be Lawful Evil anyways. Let's see what you've got for me

I'd like to run this past you, I'm thinking Gorblok was a rank and file member of a mercenary band employed by Ninvar who found his patron in the crystalline waters of Lake Near-Water. When the voice promised anything for his release Gorblok, being a simple orc, asked for an army of his own and was made a conjurer. The shard from the lake Gorblok carries might also be the Stone you mentioned a player carrying unwittingly in the interest check.

Just a note, I added my character sheet in my reserved post. Go look at it and scream at me for the amateur writing.

Hey, quick question. Can we roll dice and stuff if we want to? I know most people have not played, but those who have, can we, or should we just rp?

Hey, quick question. Can we roll dice and stuff if we want to? I know most people have not played, but those who have, can we, or should we just rp?
If you would like to roll in private and see if you succeed or fail and base your RP post off of that, that's 100% fine. I'm adept at coming up with Difficulty Classes on the fly, so if you pm me or attach a die roll to your post, I'll let you know the outcome of your attempt. If you choose to do this, you will not be bound into rolling for the entire RP, and you can switch to post based RP at any time you want. Same goes for everyone else, if you'd like to give rolling a try XD, but for the most part I would like for roleplay to take center stage here.

Also I have four characters either posted or going to be posted, so I believe that the first party is now closed. This is the main party who's decisions will affect the overarching story line. Any subsequent characters will be placed into another party, unless you talk with me and we decide your character will fit into the main party. I will update previous posts to reflect this once I have all the character sheets accepted.

Percival: I like your character but I'm going to send you some PMs to work out some of the details before I accept the sheet as it is.

Also I have four characters either posted or going to be posted, so I believe that the first party is now closed. This is the main party who's decisions will affect the overarching story line. Any subsequent characters will be placed into another party. I will update previous posts to reflect this once I have all the character sheets accepted.

Percival: I like your character but I'm going to send you some PMs to work out some of the details before I accept the sheet as it is.
You decided to put big decesions into my hand? Eeech. Look out world! Here I come!

Status
Not open for further replies.