Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Beer

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Water

Votes: 17 22.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drunk guys? Mari noticed the new arrivals to the tavern.

She was feeling like maybe with those... and the mention of a possible murderer, that it was getting too interesting here.

She was almost done with the beer. She thought, let's see how things go, for just a little longer.

"Welcome to The Sleepy Tavern." Deorum's voice sounded over the noise of the tavern. He was standing up straight now, still positioned behind the bar and still a little distracted by the situation with Blanc. Nevertheless, he kept his eyes on the new patrons, having on a decently friendly smile.

"Please, take a table." Deorum offered, motioning to the numerous open tables on the tavern floor. "Is there anything I could get for you?"

V's eyed roved over to the new patrons, the already drunk, battle garbed, new patrons. He sized them up in his own way, staring at them openly while continuing to chew on the plate his food came on. He liked the looks of that Second Lieutenant, though the General Officer wasn't half-bad himself. That other one though, was so heavily fortified no judgement could be made.
V stuck the fork into his mouth and started to chew on the tines, melting them down with his venom. His glass was mostly empty, and the coin could be seen standing on it's side inside the glass. The red liquid was congealing, and he stuck the knife in it and stirred it around.

Both Ronar and Marsha carried their General to a table and sat him down. She stretched and Ronar pushed him in so he too could sit as well, they'd been exhausted from the battle and journey...and slightly having to deal with there drunken leader.

"Marsha get us some drinks" Fental face falling flat into the table.

"No, I'll not be the reason you die." Ronar laughed and it echoed thanks to his full armor.

"Oh come on Marsh....I wont die-" Finding he'd get no where with her he raised his floppy hand up and waved the man who'd welcomed him over to their table. "Oy, You work here yes?...I need ale." Marsha took her seat opposite of Ronar, and Fental.

"Water for me please." Rolling her eyes.

"Same." Ronar agreed with Marsha.

Welp, this was it. Blanc reached down into her pocket to grab her crossbow but her fingers brushed against the perfect ruby spear that was before hanging on Cruxia's neck. She had taken it before Billy Long Claws found her, as the old man had told her to. He also told her not to kill her. She hesitated but eventually grabbed the crossbow handle and was about to pull it out to stop her from hurting anyone when a hand grabbed her arm. She weakly looked up to see a tall man in a grey, tattered cloak. A white mask with strait lines as the mouth and eyes covered his face and the sleeves of the robe covered his hands but Blanc knew him when she saw him. "N-" she started but the hidden hand moved from her arm to her mouth. She wordlessly brought the ruby out of her pocket which he grabbed. Searing pain hit her whole body and she crumpled down again, shadows now crawling up her legs. The hidden man swiftly prepared something but his hands moved too quick to be seen. Finally he finished with a small red vile, the gem now colorless and clear on the table. Blanc grabbed the bottle and swallowed the contents. It tasted like shit but the pain and shadows instantly dissipated. The cloaked man breathed a sigh of relief and sat down after closing the door.

Deorum nodded, with a smile on his face. He turned and began to pour out the drinks, turning occasionally to keep tabs on the Blanc situation. Finishing quickly, he walked over to the table where the new patrons were, drinks in hand.

He placed a tall mug of ale in front of the already intoxicated General. "Ale for you, sir." Deorum said pleasantly, a slight chuckle in his voice. He then placed two glasses of water on the table, and gave both Ronar and Marsha a warm smile. "Your water, please enjoy."

Deorum stood still for a moment after delivering them their drinks, looking back again at the table where Blanc sat and Sheila stood nearby. He watched as the robed man appeared and as the events that followed unfolded. All the while, his face remained gray and expressionless. He then snapped back towards the soldiers, and made eye contact with Marsha. "So, what brought you people to our tavern? To my knowledge, this place is far from any conflict. Is there a war being waged nearby?" He spoke to the girl, but addressed the entire group.

As soon as the drinks landed on the table Fental instantly sprung back to life gulping his drink down without a moments hesitation. Wiping his mouth he grinned through glassy eyes. Marsha sipped from the mug and Ronar just looked at his cup, Fental watched Ronar and burst into laughter.

"You gonna drink that!?" Marsha giggled at the General's horrible joke. "Take off the Helmet.." Ronar sighed even if it wasn't a direct order he always obeyed his Leader. Lifting his hands he placed them on his helmet and pulled slowly. Once it was off he sat it on the table with a clang and groaned.

images

Marsha looked away, she knew he hated when people looked at his face for so long. Just in time to catch the guy who served them drinks; they both looked at each other and he spoke first.

"That is true, This tavern was not easy to find...I'd heard about the wonderful service here on the front lines. My men had spoken highly about this place so after the battle we celebrated shortly and my General-" She pointed to Fental and he nodded "Wanted to come here before we headed back home."

"Yup!, and I'm glad i made the decision!" Fental tapped his mug asking for a refill, Ronar remained quiet and Marsha sipped from her mug again.

Sheila stood by the table and was inches away from the whole ordeal. As the man grabbed Blanc's shoulder and triggered a struggle of sorts, she found herself in a position of reluctance and confusion. She took a step back and widened her stance a bit, her face a mess of panicked emotions. Should she stop the robed man? Should she interfere at all? "Um... Uh..." Sheila really wanted to step in and say something, but all she could manage at that moment was awkward noises.
As the struggle came to an end with the man sitting down at the table all casual like, Sheila snapped. All of the tension and stress of mentally preparing for what seemed to be an impending conflict with a possible murderer, coupled with all of the suspicion in the air, and topped off with the shear amount of non understanding regarding what had just happened, left Sheila feeling a little broken. And angry.
Sheila slammed her fist powerfully onto the table, her face red with frustration. Her glare jumped spastically between Blanc and the masked man, and her body was leaned halfway over the table. "I've had it!" she snarled, her face a frightening red. "Who are you people?" she asked aggressively. Then her eyes darted towards Blanc and stayed there. "And what happened to Cruxia?"

Blanc looked nervously at the man. His masked face returned the stare. He finally returned to a angry Shila. "Well... This is Blanc The Huntress of The Vile, and I currently prefer to remain nameless. The whole ordeal there was simply me taking care of my friend's... unsavory condition. I don't quite understand what you mean by what happened to Cruxia. That woman owed me a favor and a gem in her possession was needed for Blanc's medicine." His gaze then shifted back to Blanc, who sunk a little in her chair.

Rebecca looked at the him with a smile before gathering enough courage to even ask for a dance, Since she was feeling a little it energetic. Though, Her shyness would be the one thing to ruin everything. She looked down and continued talking trying to fight her shyness and just act like a normal being she is. "Well, Due to me not having the money in time I couldn't accept my scholarships to the many collages I was accepted into. So I now have to wait till I can conjure enough money and get those four years of education within the field." She explained briefly and looked back up finally taking in the new faces that waltz right in through the doors. She smirked and then looked back into his eyes.

Libbit finally opened her eyes, staring at the ceiling. She payed no attention to anyone who had walked in, or any fights that might of happened. No, she needed to concentrate on her next move.

Deorum nodded as Marsha spoke, a calm look on his face. Smiling a bit, he took Fental's mug, quickly leaving to refill it. His expression changed as he walked past Sheila. He tried to make eye contact with her but she was clearly occupied at the moment, as she was shouting angrily at the man in the cloak and at Blanc. Shaking his head slightly, Deorum poured out the General's drink and returned it to his table, a smile back on his face, though it was now a bit less convincing.

"Front lines, huh? How goes the battle?"

Marsha realized there was something hostile going on in the warming Tavern but decided to pretend she didn't. She watched as the man took her generals mug and refilled it shortly returning. Ronars scarred face turned red, with blush this was honestly the longest he'd gone without putting his helmet back on from the embarrassment of his face. Looking at the generals mug he quickly grabbed it and drank it himself Fental only chuckled slapping his back playfully.

"Long and tiring....We lost a lot of men, but they did not die in vain we were victorious" Marsha said raising her mug of water.

"Do you have experience in combat!?" Ronar questioned the male seeming to be delighted with the conversation of battle.

V's attention wandered, as it was oft to do, and he pushed the rest of his table coverings to the far side. He patted himself down until he had found several silvery coins, he placed them in a stack next to the empty glass. With a stretch of his arms he snapped his fingers and vanished in a flash of green light. At the same time he appeared on the ceiling, stretched out with his back to the roof, looking down. He scratched his chin as he looked around some more, sparks trailing along where his fingers made contact. Things are getting interesting. Well, more interesting than watching a Panthzer stalk a moose.

"Experience in combat?" Deorum repeated, his smile wavering slightly. "No. I'm no fighter." He answered quietly. Suddenly, his warm demeanor returned, and he smiled back at Ronar. "I'm useless in a fight." He chuckled, his eyes still a little distant. "That's why I rely on crazy, battle-hardened swordswomen like her to watch my back." Deorum joked playfully, pointing towards Sheila as she continued her angry confrontation with Blanc and the man in the mask.

(OOC: sorry guys midterms and college stuff kept me a bit preoccupied, but things have calmed down, im back.)
----------------------------------

Zeth leaned against the door with his head back. The noise of the Tavern was muted and almost silenced by the closed door. His eyes were shut and his tail swished rhythmically back and forth to both sides of him. It was sort of like meditation for him in a way. It'd been some time since he had done this, before the potions and he was adjusting. He was not having that insatiable craving for Soul Essence, so that was a good sign. He began to doubt if he needed it as much as he had even wanted. He had lived without it before... he could do it again, he had control, he was not a child, it had been some time since the Sarah incident so things were good.

He focused on the emptiness of the room, it was strange and yet familiar, it was hollow. He could still feel the presence of the others through the door, it was kind of like seeing the blurred shapes through an opaque window, not as present and clear but still there. He felt the claws retract and grinned, it was working. Silver strands of hair fell into his view and poured over his hands when he looked down, he'd nearly forgotten about that. He went to tie it back but in that moment felt... well more like tasted a sharp and very palpable wave of pure anger. It stung a bit in it's suddenness but he recognized it.

Cruxia's case was still a question mark. He opened the door, and subtly slid out back to the busy part of the Tavern. Everything immediately rushed back towards him. There were a multitude of new Tavern goers. And he looked around taking them all in. Armor, lots of armor, hats, flashes of green light. He walked around. His eyes darting around the Tavern locating Leah, Sheila, and Deorum. That woman was still there... but there was a masked man with her, Sheila looked like she'd had enough with the situation of Cruxia's death, anger and frustration were rolling off of her in waves. Looked like calm in the Tavern was gone. He rolled up his sleeves.

Axel slipped into the tavern with all the noise of a frantic butterfly. Even if he were to make any kind of noise, he wouldn't have been heard over the boisterous drunkards, thuds of wrongfully abused tables or near desperate hails for more rounds. He swayed this way and that, graceful evasions of flying fists and less than well-aimed ice cube Dark green eyes sought out the smallest of spaces at the bar itself and long legs carried him there. His hair, white and long and drawn into a low pony tail that was separated at the ends by several small but undeniably sharp spade-shaped blades, hauled itself up and wrapped itself around in a harmless bun at the back of his head. The blades dangled harmlessly at the base of his neck. There was no need to scrape the floors if he could avoid it.

Finally arriving at his destination, Axel took the last available seat and let out a breath he never knew he'd been holding, an unexpected yawn shoving his jaw down at an almost obscene angle.

He looked around with a bored expression, mouth twisted a bit in mild annoyance. With a sigh and a small wave of reluctance, he raised a hand with a lazy drawl: "Waiter!"

He needed a damned drink.

Zeth watched as a man walked into the Tavern. He began to bob and weave through the rowdy bodies of other customers, with grace like that of Zeth's own. Metal blades scraped against the floor before the hair moved as if on it's own to arrange it's self into a bun at his neck, he raised an eye at the spectacle but remained unphased. And Zeth thought it was time to that he got a hair cut himself, when his only just came below his waist. It seemed tobe kind of growing on him so he just let it be. The man was in the clearing and he paused taking a seat at one of the empty tables, Zeth was already making his way over. The guy was bored, with a touch of annoyed. Bored always felt like nothing, or the absence of something, it was thick and smoggy, it was one of Zeth's least favorite feelings to absorb, it reminded him of mud, or slush, so he made sure that none of his partners... friends... company-whichever word was used-ever secreted the stuff. He focused on the annoyance, it was just a smidge more enjoyable.

The man slowly raised his hand and shouted for a waiter not noticing Zeth right behind him. He moved into the man's view and nodded his head. "Welcome to The Sleepy Tavern, I am Zeth what can I get for you, looks like you had quite the long day?" His voice held it's natural charm, and his sharp canines touched his bottom lip when he smiled. His eyes had already gone back to their reflective silver. He kept his senses focused on the group of three not too far away, the woman, the man, and Sheila in case things got serious, monitoring their emotions. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Deorum keeping an eye on them as well and he slightly relaxed. He turned his attention back on the newcomer making direct eye contact and waiting for a response.

Axel looked up, blinking almost owlishly and locking gazes with silvery depths before he returned the smile with a megawatt one of his own. His friend from home once told him that it almost looked like he'd split his face open with one of those. The fond memory made his shoulders jump with a short chuckle.

"Just a long walk," Axel replied smoothly, hand lowering to rest onto the surface of the bar and flicking the mess of white locks out of his line of view to reveal a pointed ear. IT was about time he fixed his hair, but it wasn't entirely important at the moment. For now, Axel could see straight ahead, unhindered. He took full stock of the man in front of him and nodded to him in greeting. He saw the silver gaze flicker to the side and back to him. It was swift, almost unnoticeable. But with the training he'd gotten from his dear friend, the smallest of details usually needed to be taken into consideration as it may just save a life: namely one's own.

"Give me somethin' strong," the green eyed man mused. "A kick of sorts. Belly-burning."

Green eyes looked up to meet Zeth's and the man gave him a huge smile before laughing to himself. Zeth continued to smile, the radiating feeling of boredom and annoyance was halted, as the man spoke. "Just a long walk," the charm of his voice was unmistakable and Zeth's head tilted just a fraction to the side already trying to figure out what species he belonged to. He did not have the air of a vampire, or the look of a rogue, and Zeth would have spotted him from a mile away if he were an Incubus, or he would have most likely, he did not see the black, arrow pointed tail that would have gave it away, but then again most Incubus tended to keep their tails hidden when they traveled, for obvious reasons. Blah Blah Blah sensitive, Blah Blah Blah weakness, things of that nature, tended not to be that important or dire when most people never even came upon Incubus, or even remembered when they did, and weren't convinced it was a dream. His tail slowed down it's movement as if reflecting his thought process, he felt no reason to hide it in the Tavern but things had just started to get tense again, perhaps he should take some caution...

He was snapped out of his thoughts at the mans movement. He flicked locks of pure white hair out of his face and Zeth nodded his head in realization, after seeing his ears. The man was most likely Elf, that or Fae. Both equally good looking, female and male, he'd had some good relations with both species and still has some good friends. "Give me somethin' strong, A kick of sorts. Belly-burning." Zeth nodded. "Coming up my friend Leah the owner of this fine establishment, made a real good one not too long ago, did you travel far?" He reached for a bottle that was on the shelf right behind him after recognizing it, then brought another. Putting some ice in the mug to give it a chill he poured both bottles at the same time into the mug, covered the top gave it a few swirls, then uncovered it and offered it to the man. "This one's a strong one, you might collapse after the first sip." Zeth had a smirk on his face, the mischievous look returned to his eyes. He had won many a bets overs his Elven friends, who had insisted that they could hold their liquor.

Status
Not open for further replies.