The Sleepy Tavern

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Favorite drink?

• Fruity

Votes: 40 51.9%
  • Belly Burning

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Sweet n' Salty

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Throat on Fire

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Beer

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Water

Votes: 17 22.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheila nodded in response to the girl's words, then nodded once more in response to the information she had just been whispered to by Zeth. She hadn't reacted outwardly in any noticeable way, but upon hearing that this girl had killed Cruxia, her mentality completely changed. Of course, she would be serviced just like any other customer, but Sheila would be extra ready so that the moment this girl did something undesirable, Nitor would meet her neck.
"That would be great, Zeth. Something on the harder side for the lady." she answered Zeth's offer to retrieve a drink, smiling as one would while serving a customer.

"Ah." Wesley looks over at Eve and Leah. "I don't just poke, I prod." He laughs slightly. He notices Deorum behind the counter and decides to talk to the possible musician. "Hey, noticed your guitar case. Pretty beaten up. Usually come with a good story behind it. How well do you play?" He asks with a slight rising tone as he listens to a familiar voice complaining about attactiveness.

Sheila's demeanor did not change after he had told her the information, but he did not doubt that she was thinking about it right now. He wondered if Deorum had gotten the message. Zeth walked to the bar and instantly began to pull out the drinks. He put a show on of mixing and pouring the drinks together, shaking it occasionally, and then put it all in one cup. He slid everything back to their designated places and walked from behind the bar. The mug in hand he gently placed it on the table, and addressed the woman. "Your drink, extra strong as you have requested Miss." Even in undesirable situations Zeth still had to keep his cool, and maintain his manners, as best as he could. He remained at the table along with Sheila.

"Appreciated Billy Long Claws." The girl stated before taking the drink and tossing a few gold coins his way. She gave him a odd look. It wasn't lying if you only changed the tiny details right? "The name's Blanc by the way."

A small, hesitant smile appeared on Deorum's face when he heard Wesley's comments and question. "Yes, there's a very long story behind that old guitar." He said slowly, continuing his work with his hands but looking up slightly at the weirdly dressed man. "I'm a decent enough player." Deorum answered, a slight glint in his eyes. Still, his expression was kept mostly neutral as he glanced over at Sheila and the customer and then back to his work.

Tedrick walks inside,orders a water,and falls asleep and dreams of happy things.
UEeGca3.jpg

Libbit glanced around, sighing softly, shaking her head, she found an empty table and sat down, closing her eyes and leaning back int he chair.

Rebecca entered silently through the double doors of the tavern. Her chocolate brown eyes examined the place closely as she crossed the floor to a empty table hidden in the darkened corners of the room. A strange odor filled her nose as she felt it twitch in disgust. She made haste getting to her table since she didn't like being the center of attention and quickly placed herself within a chair. Her mind was blank and her eyes were filled with a unexplainable sadness. She sighed and lowered her head while her hands flatten the hem of her dress. Her appearance was more of a formal type of appearance, And her hair was a black mess. She had a big brown bow on the top of her head with a white trim that put her whole outfit together. She was just wanting to find someone to start a bond with, Someone she could possibly relate to. She sighed and shook her head while looking around. Just staying quiet and minding herself.

Wesley wasn't one for light conversations. Maybe this mystery guitar man was just busy right now. So he smiled to Deorum and brushed off the white side of his outfit. He turned around in his seat and looked around, not to look at anyone... But to see if someone would look at him. Barging into a conversation was something Wesley killed peoole over. Once. So he waited and hoped, he looked over at Eve quickly.

Rebecca began wrapping a locket of her hair around her finger and just sat in a blank daze as she basically stared at nothing but her reflection on the nicely polished table in front of her. She then looked up slightly and see if there was any entertainment around here. To her amazement, She found nothing of the sorts. she sighed getting a bit lonely to the point where she just might walk up to someone and start talking. The air around her became thick. To the point where she couldn't breath. She then sighed and closed her eyes before relaxing and took in a deep breath, Dismissing this air like nothing has happened. Panic attacks were not common for her but were said to happen at any given time. She had somewhat of control over it but not much.

He had seen her. She seemed to be trying not to be noticed. These were the ones he noticed the most. Not in a creepy way, in a job sort of way. She was elegant looking and that had an appeal to Wesley. He interlocks his fingers and rests them in front of his mouth. Hoping she'd see him. If not... Well he'd have to try.

Why is a place like this lacking life? Should a place like this be booming with laughter and sound? It is sad on how others fear of talking. But I have my reasons as to why I can't because it seems to me like each time I talk I cry and feel the pain hidden behind my little innocent smile. Why is it so hard to speak without having to express emotion within each word. I want to break free from this cage, But how when I have no key to the lock holding me in? She thought as she looked down with a frown on her face. Her self esteem lowered and her confidence was no longer within her reach. She took a hand and used it to brush a lonely tear off her cheek as she began to think, Began to feel the pain she has felt for many years now. She then looked up and came into contact with a pair of eyes, She quickly dropped her head once again and pictured the man she was just looking at within her mind. The mature gesture and the determination within those eyes. All were something she has never seen, At least on a man.

Smiling he put his hat onto his head and tipped it causing him to explode into a small cloud of dust pushed mainly by three glowing orange particles that revolved around the cloud as it moved. The cloud was about 2 feet in diameter and left a small trail as it traveled. He appeared again fully formed from the smoke cloud next to the chair that was empty at her table. "Bonjour Madame" He says with a smile. "May I provide you with company?"

Rebecca glanced up to only see the empty seat where the man sat, She sighed realizing she must have scared him off and looked down in disappointment. A small breeze brushed against her face before she jumped at the sudden sound of a man sitting very close by. She glanced up shyly at the man sitting in the chair next to her and made no sound. She just felt a warm sensation devour both of her cheeks as it took on a pink color making her throw her head down trying to hide it. She stayed quiet for a while before opening her mouth and made a little sound. "Evening. ." She said as she continued to avoid the man's eyes. "You may do whatever you wish Sir. I was just enjoying the relaxing atmosphere this place gives." She added with a shy tone.

It had been a few days? Or a few weeks? The past couple of months were a blur to Mari, as she couldn't recall the first time she visited the tavern.

But on an ordinary weeknight, she found herself at the tavern again.

"Good evening," she said to the bartender as she found a spot and a stool, "I'll have a beer please".

She looked around to see who was at the tavern this time.

"Alright... I guess I'll just sit then..." He says sort of awkwardly, with his eyes darting back and forth. "Yeah, it is a pretty relaxing place, it's the reason I'm here so often. Contrary to popular belief it's not to feed my alcoholism." He laughs slightly. "Oh fu- uh... I forgot, I'm Wesley... Who might you be love?" He says as he takes off his hat and shakes his head to try and fix his hair.

"Pleased to meet you, Blanc." Sheila said, bowing her head slightly. It was strange. She believed everything Zeth had told her and yet nothing about this girl seemed vicious to her. Still, as she smiled and bowed once more before leaving to find someone else to serve, she made sure to confirm that Nitor was still lying on the table, next to the mead she and Deorum had been sharing. It was unfortunate that these circumstances had forced her back into her suspicious habits, but it seemed warranted now.
She looked over to see Libbit sitting quietly alone. Deorum hadn't gotten her anything? Perhaps she was only here for company. Sheila had a moment of guilt. She was much too distracted and on edge to take the time to merely converse with a patron right now, but as she passed by she made sure to give the girl a warm, friendly smile, and a nod of acknowledgement before moving on.
She stopped by Mari's table and smiled once more, leaning forward a bit to get a better view of the woman's face. "One beer coming right up." she said somewhat cheerfully, turning to motion for another staff member to retrieve the drink. As that staff member brought it over, Sheila quickly made note of the rather withdrawn girl that had entered the tavern and was now making conversation with the man with the firearms who was chatting with Deorum a moment ago. She also looked over at Deorum and was pleased to see that he was surveying the tavern in much the same way.
As the beer arrived at Mari's table, Sheila turned back to her and smiled. "So what brings you to The Sleepy Tavern?" she asked politely, still monitoring her surroundings out of the corner of her eye.

Rebecca took in a breath and interlocked her fingers before looking up at the mystic man and gave him a small, but warm smile. She then leaned back into her seat and spoke in a rather soft tone, That made people barely hear her. Talking was new, But she had no other way in making communications with another unless someone was really good at reading body language, Or might have a paper and pen handy. "I wish there were more places like this back at home. Mostly London is made up of elegant balls and formal like clubs. Nothing like this. Perhaps a little variety could be a improvement there." She said, Agreeing with his statement of this place being relaxing and a bit unnatural. So far she was enjoying her visit here, She just wanted to try out something new for once. Balls and dances were a common thing for her, But never a place that held alcoholic drinks and many different people holding odd appearances. She took a look around and smiled when noticing the variety of people within this place. "This is something different. No one is the same around here, I am liking it." She admitted before looking at the man in the eyes. "Pleasure to meet you Wesley, I am Rebecca. But many address me as Becca."
She bowed her head and then wondered what kind of interest he must have taken in her to come and just speak to her. She lowered her head back down and let out a little yawn. "I apologize for my tiredness I just been sleepless lately this week."

Mari had glanced around the tavern a little...

Strangers, some talking to each other. She wasn't curious enough to listen in on the conversation, but more interested in the taste of the beer.

She liked the beer at the tavern the first time she visited, and found herself there again. Was there another reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.