The Sins Of Our Fathers (DCEU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was still late and by this point I was far to freaked out to even think about sleeping at all. Instead I rose to my feet and went up to my rooms balcony. Avalia turned over from where she was sleeping next to me and yawned "Whatcha doing kitty kat?" She asked me calling me by a pet name I had always had. I turned around and shrugged "I hate a horrible Nightmare.. It.. It was horrific.." I said before I began to tear up. I found feel the power surge from within me as I even began to think about all of it. It was a burning fire that consumed an entire city... That.. that figure behind me... in my dream... She looked like me... Same skin... But... the glow was purple... who was she..

Avalia mumbled and got out of bed before coming over and wrapping her arms around me from behind. "Relax... You are one of the kindest people I know... You wont hurt anyone unless you have to... Come on... You need to sleep.. you are an absolute mess.." She continued on. I turned and hugged her back before resting my head against hers "You are one of the few friends I really have... More of that.. Sister.." She mumbled and squeezed Avalia. "I've known you long enough... I.." I began to ball my eyes out again and Avalia just shook her head.

Avalia lasted two minutes before she literally flung my light ass over and onto the bed. She crawled over and just looked down at me "You are a mess... We need to clean that up." She said making me smile ever so slightly. She knew just how to push my buttons to make me feel better. Within a minute she was half sprawled out with her head on my stomach. I just put a hand on her head and sighed as the tears dried up "Yeah... I couldn't hurt anyone again... I.. It hurts me... Whatever that was... I don't want it ever to happen." I said to her. Avalia just nodded slowly before yawning and curling up in the covers.

Within minutes I to had begun to fall asleep. It wasn't easy to do it as the images continued to flow into my mind of a girl much like myself.... With black hair... much like my own... that purple light... blaring out at me... so beautiful but... I... I felt a connection... as if somthing was searching out. I didn't like it but I remained asleep as my mind began to block it out.... but it was already there... somthing was looking... it found whatever it was... and that somthing was me.... was I alone.... because.. that wasn't me..

Scarpelt.jpg

Last edited:
The door swings open and I see two dark silhouettes. Galya chuckles at the immense effect of my emotions on the environment. The lights start to flicker rapidly, still mostly dark. The two figures walk in and the door stays wide open, the light entering in from the hallway. The Azar stands beside another woman, who's dark frame made my mind and heart race rapidly. I breathe heavy, almost hyperventilating as I begin to slowly comprehend the person in front of me. She was finally here, and I was finally face to face with my mother.

Azar: "Breathe, Metrion."

I close my eyes and focus my breathing. I inhale deeply, and exhale deeply. My emotions begin to balance out, but my adrenaline was still pumping faster than ever. Through my closed eyes I could see that the black void before me started to become attuned to some light, as the lamps and lighting in the hotel suite came on once more, and I could hear the genuine, heartfelt breath of my mother, emotions of astonishment, nervousness, and fascination consuming her. That mean she cared. She actually wanted to see me and meet me. I slowly open my eyes to the sight of the woman from the memories of Mrs. Roth, and from the vision that I had. It was her. She was real. I had seen a vision of my mother and now it has come to fruition. My orange eyes meets her crystal blues, and I literally remain speechless, my breath becoming stopped up in shock. We stare at each other without a word for what seems like moments. Endless moments. I could feel the emotion in her, I wonder could she feel the same. As tough as I was trained to be, I was never prepared for this. My heart pounds and my eyes go ripe with emotion. I cup my hands together I was so nervous and trying to contain my abilities, and she cups hers at the exact same time. I look down to see that and chuckle under my breath. Before long Angela...mother begins to walk towards me slowly, with a candid look on her face of shock and intrigue. Finally, after eons of anticipation, she hugs me tighter than I've ever been held. I reluctantly and slowly lift my arms around her as well, letting my emotions flow. There was no need to read her mind or emotions, because this moment right here, right now said enough. It said everything.
Arella.jpg

Azar: "Come Galya, we will leave them to their time."

Azar and Galya leave the room, Azar looking at me as I hug my mother close. She gives me a look of joy and pride before she closes the door, and leaves me with the only being in this universe that had my blood. My family. My mother that brought me into the world. She finally releases the hug and whispers her first words to me, a simple greeting.

Angela: "Hi.. *smiles*"
"Hello.."

It seemed like endless moments had passed. For a while we had just stared at each other while she smiled at me, and I returned a face of timid concern.

Angela: "You must have a lot of questions....I know I do...."
"Well...I think I know most of what your life has been, because mine has been the same way."
Angela: "Oh yeah? Tell me."
"....confinement. Wonder. Feeling empty and without a purpose really, more like a burden than anything insightful."
Angela: "Wow....that's dark....and also creepishly true....haha."
*half smiles*
Angela: "How about this. I ask a question, and then you. We take turns. Okay?"
"Yes...I like that. Um, okay...why couldn't you raise me?"
Angela: *sighs* "Truth is...I wasn't ready nor prepared to raise you. I was young, and dumb, and foolish...weak and vulnerable. You would've been just like me, and I'm so glad that's not the case."
"Well...we ended up being the same anyways, the same lifestyle."
Angela: "No...you're so much better than I ever was at your age. And so beautiful. Azar told me of your progress, how strong you've become in spirit. That's all I wanted was for your soul to be as pure as can be..."
"Considering what I am...."
Angela: "*pauses* ....yeah....so! My turn! Your abilities...how do they work? What can you do?"
"Well....most of them are spiritual in nature. I can communicate with the mind in many ways, I can...communicate with the heart as well, reading and imprinting emotions. I can ever transcend my body and use my spirit to go places..."
Angela: "Like an outer body experience?"
"....basically. Then...there are the more 'primitive' abilities. The ones that happen when I channel certain....emotions."
Angela: "Like..?"
"I can...lift objects with my mind, I can instantly warp to a place I've been. Then storms occur all around me, violent ones. I start to feel cold, and there's this...dark sensation inside, nagging at me like a yearning."

A small moment of awkwardness ensues. We stare at each other again while side by side on the bed. She wasn't that much shorter than me, and she looked as capable as I did as well.

"So, what happened to you? That caused the events to have a Cambion like me?"
Angela: "Cambion?"
"It means a mix of human and an entity of darkness."
Angela: "*sighs* Rachel...I...I was in a bad way with some bad people. Sinful, shameful. The way my parents treated me I just needed to belong, to feel like I was family to someone. That's when I found them....a church of sorts. They believed in the supernatural having dominion over the Earth, and wanted to openly communicate and bring these spirits over to our world. At the time I thought it was so cool....but I realize I was into affairs that were way beyond my understanding, beyond my comprehension....Their leader...a unassuming man....he made me feel wanted, made me belong, and offered me a high place in their ranks. All I had to do was sacrifice my body for a supernatural experience, to understand the ways of the other side...but....*tears up* but...it was ....things went bad. I was exposed to a dark and malevolent thing."
"The Terrible?"
Angela: "Yes. That. He..it was so beautiful, and radiant. He looked almost like an angel, but...he....I was in a dark and terrifying place, where he reigned. Where he ruled. He controlled me...took me over, you understand Rachel?"
"...yes."
Angela: "Then...next thing I know I was on Earth, in an alley on Wayne and 52nd...the exact same place where Azar had appeared."
"How? How did she find you?"
Angela: "She didn't....I summoned her here."

My eyes flash a slight shock at my mother's words. She summoned the Azar? It would take a great amount of concentration and focus to bring one as powerful in spirit as Azar over to Earth on a whim. It took me by surprise at the fact that she was able to perform something like that. She sits up straighter, and looks at me with her cold blue eyes.

Angela: "There was a book...about religious cultures and spiritual meanings. The red gem that your society used to balance themselves. I focused that Chakra in my own body while thinking of the Azar, and it was like she heard my call. She said she would bring us together...and she did. I'm just... I'm just so glad I've finally gotten to see you, Rachel."

I hold back a smile and store it inside. The lights in the room begin to glow brighter and flicker with new light. She grabs my hands and after a small moment I grasp hers back. I was never one for these emotional moments, Azar would never let me due to my emotions and heart going out of control. But now, for once...I could be completely lucid and free, and be my total self. Even manifest my abilities if I had to, because my mother knew, and she .....loved me. She loved me for who I am. And I...guess I loved her too...just thinking about it made me feel awkward and icky. But for the first time I could feel...like a normal being, there was no need of being repressed, and being a shell of a being. I was a human being for the first time. I wasn't Metrion in this moment, nor did I feel like the being that was raised as Metrion.

For now, I was Rachel Roth, and I liked it. I liked her very much.
Rachel2.jpg

The next day dawned and I felt Avalia tangled up with me in the bed in a weird fashion with one of her arms under me while the other was behind herself. The girl hadn't changed at all. Whenever we would have sleep overs in the past she would end up in the oddest of positions during sleep. It then dawned on me that I had forgotten to get a pillow and shove it into her arms before I fell back asleep and now I was paying for the consequences. Although.. haivng her sleeping next to me was a rather warming feeling. To have someone you loved like a sister near finally brought back alot of things that I had been missing.

Never the less I had to get moving... the day for moving was soon and I needed to pack up everything we set up for no reason. It was rather annoying but I would never need a computer for the next few years for sure if I stringed them all together. I wiggled my way out of Avalia's grasp and replaced my presence with a pillow making her roll over still clutching it and mumbling somthing incomprehensible. Now, with her taken care of I walked out into the main room wearing just underwear and a Bra. I groaned and stretched abit before getting dressed in a outfit of Short Shorts and a T-Shirt of a Aqua blue color.

Soon after Avalia came out looking like a zombie and mumbled somthing that I just barely registered before she turned around and collapsed back onto the bed. I guess she noticed I had left after all. Eh. she will pass out again in less than thirty seconds... that girl had the ability to sleep through an artillery barrage without even rolling over. With Avalia taken care of I set to work with dismanteling the computers and all the electronics we had set up several days ago. I placed them in boxes and marked them for depature to Metropolis. After three hours I was done and found myself sitting on the railing of the balcony not worrying about falling anymore.

I just enjoyed basking in the sunlight that radiated down on me so beautifully. It then began to dawn on me that... the person in my dreams looked like me. Maybe it was somthing from my.. genetic mother but.. why would it pass on unless someone was looking for whoever I was made from... Well.. I could say cloned as I was barely a human. But, it no longer bothered me as there was a possibility that I had someone out there like me.. I could learn just what I was... I didn't even know what I was! I could be part cat for all I know!

Never the less I just laid back on the railing and balanced myself as I let my already tanned appearence soak up more and more early morning sun. That was untill Avalia caught me laying in such a precarious situation and scared the hell out of me to keep me from doing just what happened. Her scareing me caused me to fall off the railing and down towards the ground. Avalia in a horrible panic ran over to try to catch me only to see me floating there obviously annoyed "I was enjoying myself..." I mumbled making Avalia blinked in a shocked mindset. "You. You fell!" she said

I just looked at her "No, I slipped and I float.. I can fly Avalia!" She said and floated horribley upwards still obviously new to the entire concept. I looked like a fledgling eagle trying to fly for the first time but flying into a tree only to try it again. I touched down on the balcony rail again and crossed my legs with a large smile "Avalia... Im not human... remember.. You are all so... bland... Sure.. you may be good at everything but I can do such amazing things.. makes me wonder what happened during the evolution on earth."

Avalia shook her head "You are unbelieveable! I thought you died!" She said obviously relieve but upset. She ran over and punched me in the shoulder making me groan "Ow... Not really!" I said and suddenly picked her up "Awh..." I said before hugging her like I did my pet cat. "So cute! Thanks for the care and everything but... Unless I am bleeding don't worry!" I said before setting her down. Avalia grumbled at being picked up like a cat. She just ran a hand through her hair and stared at me "You.... Sister... You are going to kill me." She said before turning around.

I just smiled and followed behind her. Once inside we continued to take everything down and packing it all away. It didn't take long as it was a hotel and almost everything was done for us. "Now! For your things! You already made the Transfer offical and I am scheduled for my classes so! Lets go get your junk!" I said before Avalia and myself got into the elevator and went down to get to my car. Once we started it up we drove to her aunts house as I called up a movers van and movers.

Her aunt seemed relieved but upset that Avalia was going but she explained it that she was going to go live with her sister from another mother... quite literally... and that she was returning home to Metropolis. Her aunt just nodded and soon the packing in her aunts home was done and the Movers left for Metropolis a good distance away. With that Avalia and I returned to the Hotel room to wait for the van for my belongings to arrive. My father himself had hired the movers and cleaners because of who I was as a person. He couldn't risk any of my blood being left behind.

"And what's that?"
Angela: "That's an air conditioner. It cools the air during extreme heat, or warms during coldness."
"And that?"
Angela: "That's a telephone. you can make calls remotely to other people and places by dialing a specific ten digit number."
"Annnd...how about that?"
Angela: "Oh...yeah we'll talk about that later..."

This was great. Moments with my mother that I had always pondered about. The sun was rising now, and we didn't care not one bit. I didn't know where Galya and Azar were, but this was my moment. Our moment. I wasn't going to read Angela's emotions or mind, because she was my mother. I felt like I understood her so much already. From the stories of her hard childhood to her innate disposition for being reserved and feeling like a shell...it was uncanny how much we had in common and ended up alike even in separation. After all that she still had to give me up to Azarath in order for me to be contained. I couldn't imagine her pain and hardship, or could I? We pretty much went through all of the same experiences, except she was all mortal. She couldn't manifest abilities to use to her whim like I could. That meant she was stronger than me inside. Emotionally and spiritually. So much respect had come from me for her at that moment. Maybe even before I realized also. This was worth it, this was what I wanted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A hooded woman walked through the burrows of a barren land, and her resolve was almost just as terrifying as The Feared Batman. She strolls the slums like a mob boss, eyeing any and everyone whom looked her way. She cracks her neck as she walks, and balls her fists out of a natural feeling of inner anger and hatred. Not towards the people of the area, not even towards the people of Earth, but there was someone...or something she was mad at. She sees three people talking while laying low in an alley way: A very large man...almost mammoth like, a girl with pink hair and a weird sense of style, and another girl with a heavy accent speaking with pieces of metal all over her body. They were talking about almost being caught in some raid bust made by the law enforcement here. She doesn't care for that, so she walks onward until she reaches her target building, her eyes glowing a deep and oppressing purple underneath her iris'. She starkly smiles at the building and walks towards it. In the vastness of the wasteland she kept coming back here, over and over. She found herself out in the open looking at the building many times, but never found the strength or courage to go in. Well no more. She was here now, and she knew the building had the answers she sought. That answer...parts from an aircraft, but not just any aircraft....

"This is where I'll find you...."

An almost heated violet aura forms around her, walking towards the building. All of the inhabitants and workers in militarized uniforms looked onwards at the mysterious woman, her eyes turning purple just as she approached, smile still on her face. She was astoundingly attractive, a face that could kill...which was why the people all looked at her in fear. They could feel it. They could sense it. There was something about her...almost.

Not human.

Blackfire.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Mook-LandStrider
The next day had been spent arriving and departing from airports as the two made their way across to arrive back at Metropolis. Many of my dreams had revolved around that girl constantly. Those glowing purple eyes and her body screamed to her. I couldn't get it out of my head. It was driving me mad.. the connection was strong but I couldn't do anything about it.... was she even real? Is she truly out there or am I going insane? These thoughts persisted all the way through the flight.

The only good thing was Avalia asleep across my lap the entire time. Her soft movements and sleeping lulled me into a relaxed state. Although she was older than I was we were still close enough that I considered her more of a sister than a friend. To have her sleeping like this was enough to drive me into a comfortable sleep for the first time the entire flight. This is how it remained for the rest of the flight before the private plane finally touched down in Metropolis.

When we walked out my father stood there waiting for me specificly. I glanced at him once but saw his eyes snap to Avalia. "Ah, my other child." He said warmly making Avalia smile. The two hugged before he turned to me and I could feel the disappointment echoing off. But before he could say anything my eyes lit up "Dad... I need to tlak to you about my eyes.. and this and everything that is going on with me... I see someone else.. but they are purple... they can glow like I can.. what is this?" I ask him no letting anything hold back.

This time I wasnt doing it on my own. I wasn't holding back and I wans't putting myself or my father in danger without him doing it himself. If he wanted to look into it which I now he would he would do it quickly and most likely begin the trace where I came from.. well most of me atleast. It would hopefully yield answers to whatever was going on with me. It was hard enough to sleep with my constant thoughts. But atleast now I was home where it was safe... safer than the presidents own home.

The trip home to my house was a rather slow one. We had to travel out of the city but it was a nice drive I had missed so much. My car wouldn't arrive for another week as well as our stuff which would be here tomorrow. But, having Avalia home with me was enough and I could see my father was busy thinking as he watched me from across the armored Limo. His eyes scanning over me as he picked up a phone.

He turned away as he began to whisper into the phone. He was giving a direct order to have a team sent to the remains of the crashed ship. To seach for any signs of a Purple eyed invidual or any thing or the sort. If there was anything left on the ship that they missed then to have it moved. If it couldn't be moved to have the reaseach sent immediately.

With the phonecall over I turned and looked at him. He saw that I was watching and knew he couldn't keep it a secret "We are having it dealt with.. relax Skylar." He said to me before Avalia chimed in "Yeah, relax solar girl." She said making my dad look over "She knows?" He said suddenly. Avalia nodded "Of course I know and I find it amazing.. Shes beautiful!" She said in a excited yet contained voice. He glared at me but nodded "Better she knows then anyone else. Luckily no one has your blood samples... no agency, individual or anything.. you are an enigma besides your name, Birth Certificate and Social Security number." He said with a smirk.

It made me feel alittle uneasy but knowing the images were being looked into made me feel abit at ease.

Last edited:
"What's your favorite color?"

Arella.jpg
Angela: "Hmm....I think I like...white. It's the absence of all colors but it's just appeasing. Soothing. What's yours?"
"Hmm...Black is nice, I like the depth of it, like an eternal void...but also..."
Angela: "Black!? Haha opposites...but what?"
"Violet is really mysterious to me. It's the perfect balance of warmth and frigid, it's balance. I don't know, it just makes sense to me."
Angela: "Woooow, you could get a degree in philosophy young lady....that's a school certificate of adept caliber by the way."
"Oh, what's your birth date?"
Angela: "January 3rd, 1980....and yours is September 22nd, 1997, which makes you a virgo."
"Virgo?"
Angela: "Zodiac sign?"
"Oh...yes right, the Maiden. We call them by their spirits. I didn't know that..."
Angela: "You do now *smiles* gosh there's so much we have to do...movie nights, girl talks, seeing as you're grown now almost I guess you haven't had the talk..."
"The talk?"
Angela: "Tell ya later. I have to teach you to drive, to do your hair, nails *sigh* or maybe not....you've become such a fine and beautiful lady..."

I started to feel her sense of sadness. She started to exhibit feelings of desolation and grief. Maybe because she hasn't had the time to raise me like she..we wanted. She sighs and looks down at the floor and I feel the emotions as if they were my own. It didn't feel good at all, like being left out of something you so desperately wanted to do.

"Stop being all mopey. So what if I turned out way better than you could ever imagine if you had raised me...."

I stop and look at her, hoping that it would somehow make things better. I wanted her to be able to shrug it off and rise above the burden of never having the chance to raise me. I understood her situation, especially after seeing her home and some experiences from her life. She looks back up at me with confused eyes and searches mine for a moment, and after a brief pause I felt her emotions shift to humor. Humor? What was comedic and humorous about the situation? Was it something I said? I could feel the slight joy I brought to her heart as it made her smile and then fully laugh, heck I imprinted her emotions to the point I started to chuckle under my breath. She lays her head on my shoulder as the sun rises over the horizon and brightens the once dark city of Gotham. Another flood of emotion. This one was stronger than anything I ever felt before. It almost made me manifest powers it was so powerful, but not the usual emotions I faced before. There was nothing dark about it. No malice, no anger, no despair....it wasn't even as powerful as the lust I felt when I first got here. What could be more powerful than a deadly sin!? Then it hit me. I felt her belonging, her yearning. Her sense of affection and extreme fondness of me in that moment. She knew what I was and what I was capable of, yet she didn't care about my darker inhibitions. She only cared about my being. That's when I knew what I felt, and even then it was just a glimpse, a small fragment of what could be felt. It was love. I absorbed this, and I started to feel affectionate, like her. I look down at her head on my shoulder and I wrap my hand around her, until the sound of a snap broke our moment.

Azar and Galya unlock the door and open it as they look at Angela and I and smile. Azar looked different, she had on her hooded Azarath robes that Galya and I arrived to Earth in, but she also had some dark type of eyes covers on her face that were all black. Could she see out of them? They looked weird. They filled the remaining space that was in between Angela and I, and they finally drop their Earth adaptive disguises. Azar steps forward and nods at Angela, and she returns a look of gratitude. Galya eases towards me and gathers her belongings and new Earth attire we purchased. I look over at her in curiosity, and when I look back to Azar and her discerned face, I knew what was up. They were planning to leave.
Azar.jpg Galya.jpg

"You're leaving?"
Galya: "We all are, soon."
"What? We just arrived. I haven't explored Earth..."
Azar: "That wasn't the objective, we found Arella, that's all that matters."
"Arella....?"

Azar looks at Angela. Angela stands up and brushes herself off and then looks back at me.

Angela: "My spirit name. Azar and Azarath gave it to me when I was pregnant with you before I went with them to Azarath."
Azar: "It means messenger."
"Well are you coming too?"
Azar: "We know where she stays now, we can visit at will anytime, but we must return, my absence can't go for so long."
"Then you guys return, I want to stay."
Angela: "Well, Rachel--"
Azar: "No. There are other means of communication, you know that. We will visit again, but we must go."
"No! I just met my mother and now you're trying to sever my time with her. I need to be here right now!"
Galya: "Mind yourself Metrion."
Angela: "It's okay Rachel. You should go. We'll have plenty of time now that we've found each other. *grabs me* I'm so happy we did. I see you, and you're beautiful. I can meditate my energies and reach you now, even travel to Azarath if I must."
"Yes. Do that."
Angela: "I have a job Ray...I can't leave, I have to pay bills for my residence."

I frown slightly at Angela's response, even her way of calling me a nickname. I was almost going to get irritated at the fact that a few hours time was all that I would have with the supposed special reunion with my biological mother. I decide to resort to a little private conversation. I look at Angela and I start to focus my mind, and push mine into hers, opening up her waves and energy to be receptive to my thoughts. I tap into her mental waves, and she jerks initially to my reach. She looks at me and the look on her face gave it away that she wasn't used to anything like this. I start to communicate telepathically.

'Can I just stay or what...you're my biological mother.'
Angela: 'I really don't want to do anything to jeopardize your lifestyle..'
Azar: "And no telepathy. You think I was spawned yesterday?"

Angela chuckles and rubs my back in order to keep me eased and calm. I grunt a forceful sigh.

"Just until tonight, and I promise I'll go. I just need more time. You owe me that."

I look at Azar, and she instantly knew what I was talking about. So did Galya. The lie that they had covered up for all of my life. The fact of making me think my mother was dead. That her spirit had passed on. Angela looks a bit befuddled as to what's going on, not aware of the mutany that Azar had performed, even thought she would call it protection. Honestly I didn't know who she would side with in this scenario, but I thought it best I didn't consider it. I bear into her soul with my orange eyes, almost in a glare like sense. Galya eases up her tense body when I sat what I said, knowing that Azar would be inclined to give me my time. The Azar remains silent for a long time and thinks, an awkward silence covering the room until Azar speaks.

Azar: "Fine....one more night. Galya will stay along with you. I will return at nightfall."

I release my tensed breathing and I feel a wave of relief. I look at Angela and she smiles, putting an arm around my shoulder and looking at me and returning the emotions of graciousness.

Angela: "This is going to be fun."

Azar looks on with a fixed and solid face. Solitary.

After sitting there and considering the possiblities of this I began to wonder if that enigma part of me was right. I yearned for others to see what I was... Mr. Wayne may be right that I am an idiot of a girl but an idiot doesn't know when to move forward in life and make a different. A true justicar knows when the time is right for them to rise up an take the mantel of leadership on their shoulders. To take Atlas's place bearing the weight of world on their shoulders to give the titan a chance to relax. But, how would I be taken..? Would I be hated or would I be welcomed as a new story along the chapters of life. A detective of the skies... watching those below.

Whatever my future holds I truly can not fathom it at all. It is to far in the future for me to even begin to see what it all could bring. For all I could know I culd die right now with my loved one.. and that almost made me begin to cry. The fact that I could die at any moment and those I loved would suffer the consequences. I turned to Avalia and suddenly hugged her before I began to cry my eyes out "I will miss you! I.. I know you are staying with us but I need to do more than just sit here since I have more to do." I let out before reaching another emotional breakdown.

This time my eyes began to light up with a bright brilliant blue causing the light eminate out of the tinted back windows giving the car a eerie blue color. Avalia just hugged me and began to rub my back making me calm down ever so slightly "I have an idea... I will convert my current armor into somthing I can use my newfound abilities in.. just.. I don't know where I will get that technology from." She said before just slowing down her pace of crying.

"One day I just hope to find out what exactly I am so I can sit here and relax... finally take in what I am so I know what I can and cant do as an individual. For a person without limits isn't a person at all... its just a shell of a person who knows very little about the world around them due to the fact that they have made themselves in a indestructable force. I feel like that now but I refuse to let that consume me.... I mean.. I was revenge.. so bad.. Mr. Wayne is one of those but I can not blame him for doing what he did when I was the one who did it first."

When the car stopped I got out first and walked alone toward my home. Avalia tried catching up but saw that my hands were beginning to glow an that somthing was up. I just shook my head and went over to our large fountain. I sat at the edge of it and burried my head in my hands as I pulled my knees towards my chest. I felt like freaking out and just going off to let out this hard to control emotions but I know that if I did I wouldn't be able to look at anyone the same again. I wasn't that type of person but after that.... I would be.

Gotham. Nights ago.

The night void fills the skies of the dark city as the police wrap up bringing in the members of the international organization, however they remain anonymous. Each member keeps silent and says not one word. Along the waterfront, under the water bridge on the outskirts of Gotham, Jinx, Shimmer, and Mammoth all arise from the tunnels and make their way back onto the dark streets. Shimmer attempts to hold Mammoth up as he grunts in pain and agony. Jinx remains silent with her arms folded, mildly traumatized by the events of tonight. They were single handedly stopped by a presence, a dark and sinister one that was fearful to consider. They make their way across the street and into an alleyway where no one lie. Mammoth slides down the wall in pain, but relatively okay. Shimmer holds his bruises and Jinx leans on the brick wall.
MammothBaran.jpg ShimmerSelinda.jpg Jinx1.jpg

Jinx: "We almost didn't make it."
Shimmer: "Who was that bloody wanker!?"
Jinx: "I think I know who, point is....he stopped us. Now the HQ's severed, and all the men are caught. We have to leave, tonight."
Mammoth: "No! I'm gonna crush whoever it was' bones!"
Jinx: "You don't know what he looks like, and he almost killed you. We lost Mammoth."
Mammoth: "Grr..."
Shimmer: "What now? The board will be highly pissed that this has happened for the second time in three years. What if they say we're loose ends?"
Mammoth: "Then we'll defend ourselves."
Jinx: "They still need us and our...gifts."

A limo pulls up to the alleyway, with the dark and sleek tinted windows darker than oblivion. The three look on with curiosity and apprehension and the limo just sits there for a moment. A slow rumbling in the sky suggests an ominous oppression as the air becomes heavy and the feel of blood and death was all around. The window rolls down in what seemed to be slow motion, as Theresa the Red sticks her head out, opening the door for the trio team. Blood sticks his head out and smiles with a wine glass in hand.
SebastianBloodSR.jpg Twister.jpg

Blood: "Need a lift?"

The trio hops in reluctantly, Mammoth's body and weight lowering the limo a good degree. They pull off as the windows ascend again and Blood just simply stares at the trio while drinking his red liquid with joy, but also a discerned look on his face. He folds his arms and looks back and forth through the remaining three members from the HIVE hierarchy, and looks at Theresa with a plain face, then back to the trio.

Blood: "Seems like you dropped the ball."
Jinx: "We were infiltrated, he cut off all the power and--"
Blood: "And you expect me to think that one man single handedly took out an entire base of operations? And here I thought we were the ones that needed your help..."
Mammoth: "Watch it Blood, I'm not in the mood for your insults."
Blood: "And I'm not in the mood for your incompetence yet here we are. I'm losing patience, and you don't want that."
Mammoth: "OH YEAH!?"

Blood remains unbudged. He stares into Mammoth's soul, as Jinx can feel something rather odd coming off of Sebastian Sr that felt almost...ethereal. She places a hand on Mammoth's shoulder to calm him down, and leans back in her seat and remains silent. Mammoth started to feel the vibe of anxiety as well, causing him to calm down out of disorientation.

Blood: "Luckily, there's a way out of this. A way that I'm sure your supervisors will be more than happy to oblige to."
Shimmer: "How then?"

Blood nods at Theresa as she removes a folder and throws it at the trio, the folder contains pictures of different people, and even a list of names, some including Dr. Thirteen, Dr. Nom Mist, Arthur Light, and more. They scan throughout the pages, and their eyes go wide when they see under the list of names are also what makes them special: Their abilities. Each name and each list had an ability that was considered out of the ordinary, and all three return surprised looks back at Sebastian Blood.

Blood: "Surely you didn't think you were alone? There are others...with gifts. I think that if you make a case that they are your main concern instead of projects of espionage they will be inclined to agree...with my discretion of course. I know where they're located."
Jinx: "Then why not get them yourself?"
Blood: *sigh* "Some might not believe a religious fanatic like me, but maybe if you show them your resources, your influence, then they would be inclined to join."
Shimmer: "And what's in it for you?"
Blood: "Trust. Favor, and above all...a way to effectively monitor these people and see how truly special they are. Take that to your board, and if they agree have them contact me directly, those are my terms, or no deal."

The trio looks at one another and returns a look back at Brother Blood. He smiles as he drink his liquid and Theresa smirks with confidence. The limo stops and pulls up to an old abandoned church in the midst of the slums of Gotham. The driver hops out and opens the door for Brother Blood and Theresa, and then over to the trio. They hop out, as Theresa cloaks Blood with his suit blazer and wraps her arms around his.

Blood: "Until then, come see what I've been cooking up. Something bigger even than your HIVE."
Mammoth: "Hmph, and what would that be?"

Blood says nothing more and walks slowly up to the church, as the driver stays behind and tends to the limo. The walk on the broken cobblestone surfacing and up onto the oak and old wooden steps of the lost cathedral. Theresa gets to the door and slowly opens it up into a pitch black foyer, where the smell of decayed wood and rust filled the church lobby. Not a single sound was heard in the dark, with Blood and Theresa walking into the depths casually, and the trio looking skeptical. Sebastian responds in a chilling, ghastly voice:

Blood: "Come on in."

They slowly enter and stay close to each other, paranoid in the dark for any unsuspecting events or things pooping out, just like last time. Just like earlier...

The lights of candles flicker on in a circle through the cathedral, and the dim golden light fills the radian of the foyer. A massive wave of bodies all lie unconscious on the ground, as the trio steps and stumbles over the dozens of unresponsive bodies. They look in absolute horror as Theresa and Blood remain smiling, an aura of fear starting to spread through the room.

Blood: "They're not dead. They're beginning ascension. All of them were lost. Wayward souls without true meaning, but now...now they will find a calling unlike any other. See, where you raise an army, I raise a family. A brotherhood. Your HIVE goes by results, precision, that's why you fail, because you deal in calculations. I deal In faith, and faith is assured, non-faltering. A community of the same ideals, with a common goal. To enlighten, to rise to that of the divine."
Mammoth: "This is...insane..."
Blood: "Insane to bring in a flock to spread their wings? More insane than an international mercenary organization? This is revolution at it's best...not only that..."

"It's Retribution."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earth, somewhere.

The mysterious woman walks through the piles of corpses and blood smeared on the metallic floors, with AK-47s and M4 Carbines spread amongst the floors. Her high heels wallow and snake their way over the bodies, towards a scared and shaking soldier of Caucasian decent. He backs away from her after seeing her rip apart his entire garrison. He trembles in fear with wide eyes as her violet eyes meets his dark ones. She kneels down and looks into his soul, and delivers a large kiss, sensual and passionate. The soldier becomes confused and distraught, before closing his eyes and kissing her back. His trembles pick up, and his heat begins beating out of control. She was getting it all, everything she needed to know. Memories and information flashed through her mind as she kissed the man aggressively. Then she snapped to, and at the sight of her eyes glowing bright ultraviolet, the soldier screams as his voice is stifled by an swift hand digging into his chest, blood spurting from his mouth. His gaze goes cold and his body slumps over as the woman rises and wipes her mouth with a stern face.

"LexCorp....Thank you."

With that she takes her leave, and right when she gets to the exit door, she opens her palms as they glow an ultraviolet color, and start to discharge a highly bright purple flame that engulfs the entire area of the undisclosed location. She walks away with her glowing purple eyes and focuses mentally on where her discovery might be. She was getting close. She had to.

"I will find you...."

Blackfire.jpg

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Love
Finally taking control of myself I just sat up and took a deep breath as Avalia made her way to me. I just glared at her with my eyes still glowing ever so slightly making her step back. That reaction from her alone made me question myself and it made me feel horrible. I just looked away before moving away from her and my father. I knew places on our grounds where they couldn't find me no matter how hard they tried. Now that I could fly it was be so much easier for me to reach them. I just looked back "I need time alone... okay?" I said to them both.

Avalia just nodded slowly "Ill be inside if you need anything.. just give me a call Kay?" She responded to me. I didn't even respond as I felt myself getting more and more turbulent. Somthing was making me freak and I didn't know what it was. I was angry.. so angry that I was to lash out and hurt people for the first time in my life without any reason what so ever. This scared the hell out of me and not caring if anyone saw I felt my body begins to rise from the planets surface and I suddenly darted off into the trees nearby.

I suddenly felt weightless as my flight went away without warning and I slammed into the branches of a tree I was trying to land in causing me to scream in pain. I got caught up before half my shirt tore away and I slammed into the ground and curled up in extreme pain. Within seconds the pain began to diminish as if somthing was inside my body nullifying the pain. I just shook my head and remained in a curled up position in the sun that was constantly baking my body. Ever second I felt better at being in the suns light.

The noise of the collison echoed slightly making Avalia come to investigate to see my body resaosnably cut up and part of the tree missing branches. She just shook her head at see my shirt barely hanging on to where it was on my chest. She walked away and returned with a small blanket and helped lift me up to sit on the ground. She wrapped it around my chest before I began to ball my eyes out lean against him. "I cant do this! Avalia I can't do this! Im so messed up in the head after this whole H.I.V.E issue.. I want to know but I can't know." I said through the tears.

Avalia just shook her head slowly before resting it against my own. "Its alright Sky... You just have alot to deal with right now and to be honest.. you are dealing with it fairly well. Just remember.. Life always takes more than it gives.. you just need to take from life what it took from you with whatever means you have to do it." She explained to me. Her words were soothing and I began to calm down before just going silent and keeping my place at her side. "You know... You have been my only way to get out how I have been feeling... You need to get my a boyfriend.. then he can deal with me and you can go on a vacation." I said with some humor in my voice.

Avalia began to laugh "You are to much for the most stone called of men to handle. I mean.. you are a fiery girl that doesn't know when to stop even when she is deep in a hole of trouble. Who could possibly keep up with you?" She said before making me sigh "Yeah, your right but I have to try right? I mean there has to be someone out there that can deal with... whatever I am well enough to get my by." I continued on before Avalia put a finger to my lip "Silence girl.. just chill your all hot.. I can feel your under that blanket..You need to relax."

Galya was gracious enough to allow Angela and I to take out upon Gotham on our own. Her and I roam the streets in our mortal clothes, her body close to mine as we trek on the streets of the dark city. Out of all the violence and sin I was drinking in, she seemed to shed just a bit of hopeful light upon it. Even as she walked there was an inner peace about her that reminded me of Azarath. Even when Azar told me she lived there while bearing me, I couldn't help but think I would remember the memory. Perhaps I was too young. The drab overcast skies compliments the sulk of the urban mecca, even then Angela and I walked tall and as prominent as ever. Apparently she was taking me to her place of work or occupation, the fact they humans get compensated for labor affairs here was still interesting to me. I guess it was needed in this world to buy clothing and shelter, and apparently food. Why couldn't they just be like Azarath? An utopia in its own right, but then again from the spirits, hearts, and minds I've read from these mortals here, their sinful ways would certainly corrupt society.

Angela: "So, you went to my parents huh? Aren't they the nicest?"
*stops* "What? No! They're dark horrid souls that revolve around nothing but hypocrisy and selfish loathing of sloth and utter disdain for--"
Angela: "Rachel!....you realize I was being sarcastic right? Sarcasm? Intentional words of opposite implication...?"
"Oh...yeah. Right. I knew that. See? Sarcasm."
Angela: "No baby, that's Irony."
"I know what irony is...and I'm not a baby I'm adolescent, you clearly see that..."
Angela: "....let's just keep walking haha."

I follow her onward into the depths of the city. A few bystanders and men in formal looking wear eyes us walking down the street wit mild lust in their hearts. I could feel it, and by the looks of things, Angela could to. Except she smirked at them and used it to her liking. That was a cautious path to tread down. But she had been here longer than I, so perhaps it was best that I continued to study her ways. 18 cycles and she's managed to stay in the shadows while balancing a mortal life. That was something, considering the dark forces she used to associate with, it was a wonder of testament how much she managed to stay away from them. But seeing as she's my mother, I see where my strong will comes from. We catch view of a small building with plenty of windows. She points there and smiles, holding the door for me as I walk in to a cooler climate, and a few people behind a long banister of some sort, with white cloth over their attire with stains. A smell of an unknown cuisine fills my senses, but it smelled rather enticing. One man looks at me and then back towards Angela.

Bowie: "Rella? Hey! What brings you by you don't have work today...who's the pretty lady?"
Angela: "Hey Bowie, everyone. I just came to introduce you to Rachel...she's my daughter."

All employees of the diner goes stifled with action and just stares at Angela, Bowie takes his glasses off and comes around the banister and approaches me. He chuckles in amazement and then makes the facial connection of how much we look alike, well sort of.

Bowie: "You have a daughter Rella!? How old is she? She's gorgeous! That...came out wrong, hehe what I mean is--"
Angela: "I had her when I was 18. I...thought I lost her when I was young, I couldn't take care of her, but she was raised by some fine people. They helped her find me. Rachel, this is Bowie and my staff where I work."
"You...make cuisine here?"
Angela: "Yepp. The best. The diner's been around for about 30 years almost, since even I was a little girl."
Bowie: "Well Rachel, it is an absolute pleasure to meet you. *extends hand*"

I scan his mind and see that it was a gesture of introduction and friendliness. It was the formal way to make acquaintance with another being. I extend my hand as well, shaking his as he smiles and I get a wave of weirdness in my spirit.

Angela: "Hey Bowie could you cook us up two Gotham Gobblers?"
Bowie: "Sure thing. You guys take a seat and I'll take care of everything."

I follow Angela towards a seated booth near some windows. She sat across from me and I studied the environment. White cloths on the table I guess are used to prevent the food from getting on your clothes. Red and a yellow bottle that contained some type of substance in it. Two small objects with white grains and also black and grounded grains in it. Packets of small things and some sheets of different words and pictures of strange looking foods. I looked at the menu of cuisines and scanned through the items. Bread with vegetables and some type of meat in the middle, a large bunt of cream and fruit on a circular piece of food. I was trying to understand it all.

Angela: "Those are burgers and cakes. What do you eat in Azarath?"
"We have a garden. Berries and vegetables, the purest water, grains. Purifying foods."
Angela: "Hah oh my God you've never had meat?"
"You...eat flesh?"
Angela: "When you say it like that it sounds disgusting, but it's animal meat...really tasty. Just try it once."
"What are these bottles?"
Angela: "Ketchup and mustard, salt and pepper. Condiments that compliment food and add taste."

I tamper with the condiments and such, sprinkling a bit of pepper in my right and salt in my left. I taste each, the pepper's spicy taste making me clench my jaws, but I rather enjoyed it. The salt began to take over and I scrunched my face. I push the salt away as a little bit spills on the table. Angela laughs at me as I try the ketchup and mustard next. The ketchup's sweet but tangy taste left me with a casual expression, it was suited to adapt to almost any cuisine. It's taste was welcoming, but when I tried the mustard my face grimaced mildly, as I moved it away from my being. Angela continues to lightly laugh and downplay my attempts. She points to the spilled salt.

Angela: "Spilling salt is bad luck you know...maybe I shouldn't say that I know you're probably superstitious."
"Well...yes. There are interdimensional anomalies capable of altering the fabric of the universe...so..."
Angela: "Riiiight....so if you spill salt you have to make amends by throwing some over your right shoulder."
"Oh..that's it?"
Angela: "Yupp, but don't--"
*throws entire salt glass*
Angela: "....throw the entire thing...well I guess it counts."

I look at the spilled salt and I start to focus on its energies, its composition and feeling. I could feel and sense it with my mind. Angela sees me going into deep thought as she goes to retrieve the salt shaker and comes back to sit down, a few employees giving looks of joy to see Angela happy with her daughter, me. I could feel their suspicious and curiosity of how Angela had me and the full story behind out lives. Angela watches me as I secretly move my hand with a simple wave and the grains of salt start to swirl around and move. Angela looks around with caution and grabs my hand.

Angela: "Rachel...! Easy, don't expose yourself."
"I got it. I knew no one was watching. I can read their minds, I know what they focus on."
Angela: "Can you read mine?"
"Yes. But I don't really. I feel as if we're already alike, and I pretty much know what you've been through. We shared the same paths, in different lights."
Angela: "Out of respect for me. I'm flattered."
"So, you honestly don't care about what I am? What I can do? I'm an abomination--"
Angela: "Excuse me. Don't you EVER say that about yourself again. You are beautiful, and you are amazing."

I could feel a surge of stern emotion in her heart, also with a feeling of remorse and grief. I had actually absorbed the emotion from her, feeling some remorse now that I had said that about myself. I kept quiet while she stared at me for a moment, then went back to conversation.

Angela: "How is the Azar? As a person."
"She's....peculiar. She rules Azarath well I guess, her peace is strong, as is her spirit. She's really wise...and really clever."
Angela: "She seems it. I called out and she answered...I don't know how but she found me. I don' t find it coincidence that we found each other at the same time....Rachel I'd been looking for you for a long time. Any signs of the robed people of Azarath, any similar cases such as mine...it was harder than you'd think, but I think a part of me deep down always knew. I knew that I was forever connected to you, and that somehow....we would find each other. And we did :) "

A few moments later Bowie comes back with the two plates of burgers and fries and sets them down with a smile. I eye the food accordingly and I instantly grab a French fry and scan its properties. I slowly bite into it and the sensation of warmth and crispy potato based taste enters my mouth in a way that almost made me lose my instincts and emotions for a bit. I savor the flavor and I release a simple 'hmm.' at the taste of the golden food. Angela smiles and eats her fries as well. She spots a newspaper on the diner counter and asks Bowie to retrieve it for her. Bowie grabs the paper and dumps it on the paper before us. I seen the look on Angela's face when she read the paper, the front headline the most disturbing to her. I could feel her emotion of mild shock and worry as she picked up the paper. I couldn't see much, because of the text from where I was sitting. But I did make out the word.

'Church'...

Avalia helped me up to my room and I shook the blanket off of my body. The glows around my body began to rise high and higher as if somthing was happening. The brilliant aqua blue radiating out of the windows of my room. The light easily seen from outside but what could be causing it is not known. Finally the light began to slowly climb down to where it was but did not die off. My emotional state seemed to be fueling the sudden burst of energy. Avalia blinked and began to smile "That was beautiful."

I just looked over at her and shook my head "You say beautiful but I call it destructive.. I could have killed you some how. What if that light was dangerous." I said suddenly making Avalia shrug which made me upset "You stay near me even when I freak out like that... Why?!" I snap suddenly not wanting her to get hurt. Avalia began to giggle as she walked over and put her hands on my shoulders "Because you will never hurt me no matter what state of midn you are in. I trust you fully." She said making me just sigh.

She was absolutely right. But, what if my mind was changed up and messed up by somthing. She wouldn't be safe anymore after that point. I wouldn't be safe around anyone and I needed to learn how to use these powers... I needed to find somthing I could practice on or someone to teach me. If my mother was an alien then there had to be another of her... my race out there. With that thought I just began to lift off the floor slowly as I concentrated on weightlessness. I needed to learn this first as it would be best to start from the bottom.. literally.

Avalia grabbed ahold of my body and she rose up with me like she weighed nothing and I just blinked "Well, I wonder how much I can lift like this then.. I mean you feel like nothing when I do this.. So... I wonder.. Bring me furniture!" I said before hovering over my bed frame and gasping onto it with both hands. I lifted that side up like it was weighing only twenty pounds. I began to laugh "Wow! This is amazing! I can lift things like never before.." I said as I literally lifed my bed from only one side and held it up in the air a few inches before setting it down carefully.

I turned to Avalia and picked her up with one arm making her blink at me. She looked like a cat not wanting to be picked up but suddenly picked up. Her body language and eyes spoke to me and I just smirked "Awh... Is my cat upset?" I teased her like she did me with how I was almost cat like in many ways with my curious and lazy personality. I put her down finally and she just continued to stare at me "Not funny.. I will be picked up when and how I wish to be picked up." She stateed suddenly before laughing.

I touched down on the ground and the feeling of flight was gone and away from my body. "Ok! So, school soon... I need to get my books and stuff so... lets get a move on that I guess." I said before Avalia pointed at my keys "Im driving." She called out before I could grab them. I grumbled and she took them "Come on... we need to go to the university anyway. You need to get setup... since you mastered your SAT and ACT scores you should have no issue with any of the classes. You may even get through several classes without having to take them." She said before I followed her outside.

Last edited:
The look on Angela's face was more than worrisome. She scans the pages of the front headlines as her eyes narrow in concentration. She lays the paper flat on the table and reads as I peer over and check out the picture on the front of some large cathedral and a number of lines of text below it. Since the print was upside down I couldn't read it thoroughly, but she seemed to be focused in on the contents of its information. She sees me reaching up to peak over and try to read it also. Her face doesn't smile this time, and she digs into my eyes with her crystal blues, and continues reading.

"What is it?"
Angela: "It's a newspaper. It's like the news and information you see on TV but well..."
"It's on paper."
Angela: "Right-O. The difference is the newspaper has information more relevant to the local area and more specific to this vicinity rather than outside areas."

Angela chomps away on her fries one by one with a fast frequency as she continues reading the paper. Her emotions of dire suspicion had me piqued, as if she wanted...no needed to know what the information was about. Her feelings became my own as I absorbed them and tried to understand what her motives were behind the heart. I could feel it. Yearning, but at the same time eluding and fleeting feelings of exasperation. She was becoming rather anxious. I studied her facial expression and body language as she started to become more and more tense, her eyes buried into the composite of paper that she held. I tile my head to the side involuntarily as my mind became hers, my telepathy stretching to her brain as she tilted her head at the exact same time. I was reading her mind as she read the paper, thus granting me ability to see all that she read. Something about witness reports of strange activity within an old abandoned Cathedral church. Church. Something I was always rather intrigued about. A conformity of bodies all intertwined in a single temple of spiritual practice. Much like Azarath, I wondered how similar they would be in custom and practice, with worship of The Presence, the high God. The cathedral was reported to have strange people going in and out of it, some reports even of people in 'dark red robes'. Police were sent to investigate only to find an empty place, still abandoned. Angela continues reading, and then reflects back to the past, when she was joined into the cult of red robes herself. Her memories started to become known to me, I seen visions as she saw memories. Rainy dark nights, meetings with dark and mysterious people....all in the same colored robes. She was with them!!! She used to be one of them! I snap out of her mind as I gasp and Angela sees my reaction.

Angela: "What's wrong?"
"Nothing..."
Angela: "You can tell me."
"I...seen the robed people. Are they a group like Azarathians? Like us?"
Angela: "How....?...you ...you read my mind?"
"I just wanted to read the news. But I seen your memories. Wasn't my intention."
Angela: "...They're nothing like Azarath. In fact they're the opposite, using religion to attain spiritual dominance, not peace. They haven't....oh this doesn't make sense."
"They're still around..."
Angela: "Yeah. The robes...they're real. This is the first time I've heard them active since...."
"Since...?"
Angela: "*smiles* Don't worry about it, it's nothing to worry about. For now, let's eat our burgers and have our time, we'll worry about the dark stuff later."

Angela goes back to eating her food, as I do the same. I scoot the paper over to my side and I open the pages and scan through for more information on this sinful dark urban domain. Something in the news about the Gotham police enforcement catching a record high number of criminals after a violent entourage near the waterfront of the city. The men that were captured plead guilty and claimed that they were a group of people just trying to sell information for money. Why would a mortal spend currency on information? Seemed peculiar to me. Over 40 men, all of them in the same uniform with some strange yellow logo on their shoulder, according to the reports, the logo is nothing more than an impromptu insignia developed by the group. I focus my eyes on the logo and store into my mind. I scan through the pages again. Unknown figure suspected as 'The Batman' sighted in Gotham at night, and a blurry picture with a black motion of blur in the sky. It was improbable to tell what the blur was. Another with increased activity in Crime Alley, and a gathering of criminals in the underbelly of the city. Angela takes the paper and grabs my hands.

Angela: "Hey, let's not worry about that stuff. Let's just focus on each other. Okay? I want to show you a load of fun before you go back....home."
"Yeah....sure."

I pick up the large cuisine in front of me, the compilation of meat and veggies on bread that called out to me with its smell. The enticing food reaching my nostrils, like nothing I ever smelled on Azarath. I sink my teeth into the fleshy mound, an overwhelming sensation of chills coming over my body as the salt and seasoned taste of the meat made me feel pleasure. It was tasty. Angela smiles and nods as I devour the delicious feast, with the employees laughing as well. Azar would probably be unapproved with me eating meat, but this was my moment, and my life. She would get over it. We ate our meal in unison with a shared sense of bonding and strong passion for finally being able to reunite with one another. I look to the television to see some reports of a place called Central City and the mysterious red lightning that was occurring over the domain. Perhaps lightning was indifferent here as well? But for it to be red must be quite the phenomena.

the-flash-night.jpg
-

Angela: "Seems like the world is getting crazier...despite my daughter being an all powerful psychic with looks that can kill."
"My looks can kill??....oh, right. Sarcasm."

Angela finished her food as did I, and she bid farewell to her liaison that she labored with in everyday life. I rise and follow my mother out of the diner, with the people smiling and having doting emotions that stretched to me. I follow her back out into the urban drab of Gotham and follow her to the next destination. She grabs my hand as my emotions become flooded with feelings of weird sensation, awkwardness. I was appreciative of her affection, but I suppose I just wasn't ready for it. We walk into a place that consisted of smells of sanitizing agents of chemicals and liquid based plasters. The sign said 'Nail Salon'. I walk in with Angela as she goes up to a woman with light skin and a fixed face. She pays her as I'm escorted to a plush seat to recline back.

Angela: "Take off your shoes, we're getting manicures and pedicures, which is our feet and fingernails done, they paint them a color of choice and even increase their durability for luxury. I already paid, so whatever color you like, even violet."
"Really? Alright."

I relax as the two ladies come towards us and put some sort of white plush objects in between our toes and started to apply some sort of based wax that actually felt quite pleasant. Then one of the ladies that tended to me removed a violet colored paint and began applying it to my feet, the clear smooth calcium being replaced with my favorite hue. Angela smiles and relaxes as red is coated on her feet. She takes a deep sigh and grabs my hands before the ladies were to work on those as well. She seemed peaceful, and happy. I had to admit I did as well. I recline on the surface and I feel her emotions running through me, as I can feel a tranquility that most on Azarath sought to achieve.

Angela: "This is perfect."
"This is weird."
Angela: "Well, it'll take some getting used to."
"Clearly."

I say looking down at the lady that is below me placing these soft, cushion like materials in between my toes and starting to get some dark violet based paint to be applied to my nails. She watches me like I'm speaking a foreign language unto her, my face a strong emotional display of indifference. I look over to the woman tending to Angela, with the same facial structure as this lady in front of me. They appeared to be related. I scanned the mind of the woman in front of me to see that she was the mother of the one tending to Angela. Irony. A mother daughter pair together in an activity. I laid back and watched the work unfold before my eyes as my feet began to be massaged and my hands as well. Angela was getting the same treatment, as the entourage fully catered to our needs of relaxation. This was a brighter side of Earth I had seldom ever heard of, in fact I didn't know that it was real. Something so extravagant and peasant, all the while being very simple. This wasn't a thing of darkness or violence, but peace.

Angela: "Told you that you'd get used to it haha."
"I suppose. This luxury is different."
Angela: "What luxuries did you have, or do you have in Azarath?"
"Um, nothing but going outside in nature. I don't have much liberation like I do here."
Angela: "So the Azar...she doesn't spend much personal time with you?"
"Only in meditation and teachings."

Angela appeared to have a strange look on her face, as if contemplating. I could tell that something was bothering her. Like she was skeptic about my prior statement. The ladies of this venue called the spa salon entreated us further with perfect upkeep of our nails, and they even begun to rub and fashion on our skin in a way that felt quite pleasurable on touch. This was nice, more than I would ever admit to anyone around me. I looked over at Angela and started to think on if I had been with her from birth. If we had stayed together. How much different would I be? Would she be? She looks over to me and smiles with her crystal blue eyes, and deeply exhales like she found her grace. I did the same. By the time I opened my eyes from dozing off, they were all done. I look down at my purple nails on my feet and my digits, and Angela with her red ones. She pays the woman and puts her shoes back on, as did I. We exit the place and back out into the greying fold of Gotham.

Angela: "How do you feel?"
"Relaxed I suppose. That was nice."
Angela: "Right! So now we're going to the movies."
"Movies? Like Television?"
Angela: "Except these viewings are more excusive and are only available to watch at a certain place called a theater. They have different types. Comedy, Horror, Adventure, Action..."
"Hmm."

Angela walks out in front of me trying to hail a cab to the theater. One pulls over and we enter in the vehicle as it pulls off towards the Old Gotham Theater. She pays the ma the currency for the small trip and we exit to face the theater with lights and a large display of the movies showing at the current moment. I scanned through the list of names, and looked along the brick walls to search for their rightful graphics that showed the basis of the movie. I looked at a few, one where a man is holding a baby of a different color, one where a car was jumping a mountain with explosions in the back, and one that drew my attention. A dark night where a woman has fallen in the middle of the road looking towards some dark woods, to see a pair of red eyes looking back at her. The name of it was The Golden Spirit, with a main actress named Laura De Mille, whom I judged was the woman that fell on the display picture.

15596459508_be25d88aa9_b.jpg
-

Angela: "See one you like?"
"Yes. That one. *points to The Golden Spirit*"
Angela: "Oh...a horror? Figured as much, haha."
*stares*
Angela: "So...let's get tickets!"

Angela walks up towards a small booth with a person inside in a red and white uniform. She asks for two tickets to see The Golden Spirit and asks for identification, apparently you have to prove you're an actual person in order to see a movie? Angela pulls out a card of some sort and shows it to the lady in the booth, where she types in some machine that prints two pieces of small square paper and hands them to Angela. She motions me in, the lady in the booth eyeing me as I passed her. Inside, the red velvet carpet and smooth marble walls spoke refinery to me. It was appeasing to see. My boots brush against the smooth floor as Angela takes my hand and walks up to a glass banister with a ton of different boxes and packages of edibles.

Angela: "Large popcorn please."

The attendee hands her a huge bucket of the small yellow edible pieces of food, the smell was intoxicating. Smells of natural butter and burned corn made my senses raise involuntarily. I dwelled closer to the bucket as Angela smiles and offers me the bucket. I reluctantly grab one and eat it, the warm butter and salt based flavor melting as soon as it entered my mouth. I closed my eyes and took in the savoring taste. Angela chuckles as she leads me into the dim lit theater and we find some seats up at the very back. I climb the steps and slide in to sit down, the seat bending to my bottom. People begin to fill in the remaining voids in the dark area. The environment was quite relaxing and serene to me. Angela and I ate the popcorn together and watched as the large screen came to life and began to display many different things.

Angela: "The boring stuff is always first. Protocols and rules, then the commercials come and trailers....they're like sneak previews for future movies that are coming soon. And then, the movie itself."
"Hm."

Some of the movie previews had me literally on the edge of my seat. Explosions and machinations of violence, really intense fight scenes and ominous reveals of people with mal-intent...Azarath greatly opposed any of these ideals, but on the screen right before me...I was more excited and intrigued than I had ever been. What causes these fights and explosions? I must know...

"Huhh..."
Angela: "Hehee, looks like someone's hooked."

Soon the dim lights went down into darkness and the screen widened even more to display the main movie, The Golden Spirit. The theater was very quiet.

"Why is everyone so quiet?"
Angela: "Common etiquette is that while watching the movie, people remain silent to hear the movie and respect others, unless something exhilarating happens then audiences would scream, chant, or applause whenever the emotion strikes."
"Oh."

The movie started with a dark ominous fog along some roads near a wooded area. A car driving along. A couple that seemed romantically involved flirting while the guy was trying to steer the automobile, and then a ghastly scream filled the air. The car flips and tumbles as the woman screams and tumbles out, the same woman on the preview picture, Laura De Mille. Her bloody face and body stumbles away from the car as something in the woods looks out at her. Then it fades to black. It resumes again while she's in the hospital recovering from her encounter. Form there she gets out, mourns her dead mate, and then slowly starts to unravel the mystery behind the Golden Spirit, a lost soul known to feed off of love and turn it into fear. Pretty interesting. Things popped out during the movie, sounds and sights of dark figures and mysterious things. People including Angela jumped in emotions of fear and anxiety, sending popcorn everywhere. She looked at me for the same response, but I returned a small, subtle smile with a chuckle behind it.

Angela: "Not funny! I almost had a heart attack!"
"Ha, it's funny. The monster simply walked out and the girl was taken by surprise randomly."
Angela: "....I think you miss the point."

I smile and watch the rest of the film as the movie comes to a close with the girlfriend finally confronting the Golden Spirit which turned out to be an entity that feeds off of a person's desires and makes them their greatest fear. A pretty intriguing concept. The woman manages to subdue the monster spirit once and for all by owning up to her fear and desire of losing her boyfriend and wanting him back, and then taking on the spirit by traveling to its dwelling gravesite and burning it's bones of her boyfriend, as his spirits releases and destroys the Golden Spirit. People's screams and fears were only artificial, I could sense that much with my abilities, but everytime they jumped in fear or shock it made me giggle a little bit. A few people would once their eyes over at me skeptically as I did, with Angela feeling the same way. Maybe my humor was different than that of Earth's. The dark monster prowling around preying on the fealty of humans? That's expected, but people act like here it's something horrendous and surprising. The movie ends and the dim lights return as we begin to take out leave of absence from the theater.

"That was interesting."
Angela: "That was terrifying."

We exit into the dimming sky of Gotham. A dark azure blue takes over the sky with a neon orange horizon far off in the distance. Angela grabs my arms and escorts me down the pavement as a few males stare at us with emotions of desire and eyes of yearning. So much flesh based feelings on this planet, it's a wonder no one has been degregated to eternal damnation. But the free will prospers. I ignore their ambitions of desire and continue on with Angela, my mother. She looks at her watch and smirks a bit, with emotions of joy and thrill hitting her and reaching to me as well. I could feel her excitement, like discovering something wonderful.

Angela: "I know just the place to top this off. Hope they taught you how to dance in Azarath..."
"...what?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile,
Azarath. Current Time.

Theron sits in the main courtyard watching the waters fall from the fountains paved of gold and crystal. He meditated peacefully as Zinthios soared from the sky above and cawwed at the sight of the young man kneeled in the yard. Zinthios flies downward and flaps gracefully, landing on Theron's shoulder and rubbing his head against his. Theron was the only other person that the bird went to. Theron opens his eyes and chuckles at the sight of Zinthios, the bird lifting his spirits a tad bit. He had been befuddled ever since the departure, when he found out that the society had been holding a dire secret from the youth. A Cambion. Travelling to Earth, to see her mother whom was alive.
Theron.jpg Zinthos2.jpg

Theron: "Can't believe she was with us the whole time and being some sort of...dark thing. And her mother?"
Zinthios: CAW!
Theron: "Hey! Do not fret with me, Zinthios!"

He couldn't help but think....why now? Why would they wait until now to send her to Earth to see the mortal world? The thoughts shook him to the core, a will to leave the realm of peace and spiritual benevolence for a dark and violent realm with a multitude of sin and savage nature? The golden light reflects of the surfaces in Azarath, a warm radiance eminating on Theron with a light and blissful nature. Zinthios rears its head and shakes off the slight breeze, before looking up and cawwing at an approaching figure that made its feathers ruffle. Theron looks up to see a smirking Juris with his arms folded, bearing down on Theron with a heightened ego in confidence.
Juris.jpg

Juris: "Looks like your little companion has left you under Azar's orders, now that I think of it...Azar has been absent as well has she not?"
Theron: "What do you want Juris? Come to taunt me about hanging with the likes of Metrion?"
Juris: "Is that any way to treat a fellow Azarathian who wants harmless conversation? After all, we have to stick together against the broken wonders of the outside...like dark spirits...like Metrion."
Theron: "Don't you dare! She's just as much of one of us any anyone! She passed trials, became ascended, and even with her given state she has went all this time without harming anyone. Azar sees that, but you don't. Jealousy is wretched on you Juris."
Juris: "Best to mind your tongue, cur. Be a shame to have crops and food grow scarce for you."
Theron: "Spitefulness too Juris? My aren't you reaching for member of valor, just because you're in charge of our food does not mean you will mistreat me. You'll be expelled from duty. You'd know that if you used your brain and not your ego."
Juris: "At least my ego is in tact, you dwelling with a dark spirit like Metrion, she's sapped you of your will and favor. You don't even know it. And that little demon there isn't a justifiable thing of peace and tranquility either. Everything that revolves around her means darkness and despair."
Zinthios: CAWWW!!!!
High Magistrate Coman: "Enough!"

The two adolescents of Azarath cease their powerful words at the behest of the High Magistrate. He walks forth into the courtyard with a few disciples around him as they remain silent and resilient.
HighMagistrateComan.jpg

HM Coman: "These matters are not for you to discuss. Metrion is in fact one of us and always will be. Her strength is profound. The Azar is away tending to her and the preservation of the realms. No more of this will be input, now Juris I believe you have a garden to manage yes?"
Juris: "Yes High Magistrate, right away. See you later, Theron. *leaves*"
Theron: "Hmph."

Coman approaches Theron and drops his staff by his side, as Theron tenses up while Zinthios remains silent and looking. The disciples all remain silent as well, with their black robes draping over their figure and posture. Coman steps closer and closer to Theron, with his robes dragging along the golden brick surface. He stops right in front of the boy and bird.

Coman: "I know she is your friend, but she was right to not tell you. This had to be kept a hidden aspect until we knew she was ready."
Theron: "Ready for what, High Magistrate?"
Coman: "Ready to ascend into a rightful position of the society in the eyes of the Azar. She has proven against extreme conditions that her soul is that of peace. Did she ever display anything peculiar around you?"
Theron: "Only isolation and cold emotion."
Coman: "She felt she could not connect. But she knows, as we all do know that the spirit is triumphant. So do not fret Theron, things are just as they ever were."
Theron: "Thank you, High Magistrate."
Coman: "So long, my boy. And a day to you too, Zinthios."
Zinthios: Caw!

Coman takes his leave with his followers in tow. They exit the courtyard where Theron and a few others remained. Theron exhales a deep relief and pets Zinthios as he looks at the large spring of pure water from a distance. It sight cleansing him from the inside. Juris watches as well, eyeing Coman as he left and secretly eavesdropping on the affairs of his superior and his hated fellow member.

Juris: "The way of the spirit is true, and all light shall expel darkness... *smirks* that means all darkness must be done away with."

The noise of the car starting could be heard over everything else as Avalia got into the drivers seat. I turned to look at her and smiled but turning my head away. She at the same time began to giggle making me squrim abit in my seat "Stop.. I know what your thinking and I dont find it that funny..." I mumbled at her and Avalia just shrugged "I love making you squirm.. I find it absolutelt adorable.. its not like I was able to do when we were younger.. I was so good at it back then.. I got rusty so I have to work on it more now." She said making me turn my face away in embarassment "I didn't like that.." I mumble out making her shrug "Oh, don't lie to me Skylar.. you loved it."

With that she took off out of the garage with me facing away from her. I wanted to curl up from embarassment but I knew that she would just tease me. The drive was rather quick and we found ourselves sitting outside of the university an hour later. Next to me was the girl I knew my entire life and I knew everything was coming together.. finally together.. after a year of being away from each other. Then it happened.. I didn't make the first move.. she did. Avalia moved next to me and pulled my body so I was leaning against her. She ran a hand through my hair and began to smile "Hello my kitty.. Oh, I know you called me this but I cant pass this up." She said to me before she could feel me groaning.

I turned my body so I had my head in her lap. I looked up at her and she just smiled "Hi there.." She said to me making me blush "Hi... " I responded back before taking a deep breath. Avalia began to hum slightly before pulling me into her lap. Although I was slightly taller than her she could move me around like I was a child.. I guess it was nice being really light weight. When I ended up in her lap she put her arms around me and squeezed "Skylar.. I am so happy I can be near you again.. begin apart was hard. I missed you and your father so much. I mean... I never had much of a family besides you two so.. thank you." She said to me making my heart skip.

I just nodded slowly before turning around and resting my head against hers. "Your welcome Avalia... You don't need to thank me at all as you do more for me than I ever had for you.. I mean.. its not easy being what I am but you help make it easier." responded to her. Avalia put a hand on my cheek before making my head lift up. She smiled before kissing me on the lips. My eyes shot open and I didn't know what to do at the time. Within a second she broke away and smiled before resting her head against mine again. "Theres your reward.. I love you Skylar.." She mumbled out making me blush and turn an almost solid red in the face. I didn't know what to say so I remained silent for several seconds.

"I.. I do to.." I mumbled out at the end before Avalia began to smile more than I had seen her in a long time. She put her hands around me and just embraced me in a tight hug making me groan and mumble in a slight discomfort. "Im so happy skylar.. I didn't know how to do this.. So I just came out with it.. I knew you felt the same way!" She squeaked out excited. I blinked still in a state of shock from what had happened. I just nodded slowly before she kissed me again. This time the kiss lasting several seconds before I broke away. I let out a long breath and then inhaled before taking everything in. The girl I had been friends with most of my life had let her thoughts on me out. What was I to do...? I felt the same way but.. it feels different now and no longer a dream.

Avalia took my hand and squeezed it before resting her head in the crook of my neck. "We are done here then.. lets head home alright? I don't want to be caught out here at night." She mumbled out before standing up. She instantly took my hand like a small child and squeezed it once more. "That you skylar.. you made me so happy." She said to me once more. I felt the same way but I had no idea how to verbalize it. I knew how to talk to boys like this but to a girl.. a girl I have been sleeping next to for several years.. a girl I loved like a sister now... I love her like.. a lover. This all confused me more and more before we reached the car and she took both of my hands.

"Are you okay about this Skylar? I don't want to impose myself on you at all... I just want to make sure that you are perfectly fine with everything.. i mean.. its happening fast but.. just-" was all she was able to say before I leaned forward and kissed her on the lips. I broke away after a split second and smirked "Im fine with it... I am just fine with it Avalia." I said to her at almost a whisper making her face light up like a red christmas light. She just lunged forward and embraced me. It wrapped my arms around her and began to sigh in relief "I've never realized my feelings untill today.. but I always thought of you as more than a friend..." I said to her before we both broke apart and got into the car.

The drive home was somthing out of a teeny love movie. I drove on the way home but I felt Avalia's hand on my arm the entire time. Although I didn't look away from the road I could see that she was almost glowing with happniess and that itself made me feel good about everything. To have both of our long repressed feelings exposed seemed to open up an entirely new area for the two of us. To entire unknown waters as we both chart a course for us to follow. It felt right and I knew Avalia would take care of me in my times of need.. like she always had.

Our entry back into our home was somthing rather interesting. Avalia dragged me in the door nearly dislocating my shoulder making me whine out "Stop... my arm.." I let out making her smirk "Oh, Im sorry.." She mumbled and latched onto me in a vice like grip before kissing me once more. She then broke away and laughed "How about that then... come on! Our show is almost on!" She said making me roll my eyes and stroll back in. Avalia seemed to be moving around almost like she did as a kid without a worry. That in itself made me realize that.. she had been feeling this way longer than I realized.

Once upstairs again Avalia sat on the edge of my bed looking at me "Skylar... Come on!" She said making me hurry up. She already had the TV on and switched to the channel that the show was on. I sat on the edge of the bed and she soon pulled me down onto it. Her head against my chest as we watched the television show play out. Every once in awhile her shifting made me squirm abit. "How long have you been repressing this Avalia..." I asked her finally. She just blinked and I didn't know if she was blushing at all "Long enough.."

Last edited:
Reactions: ch0sen1
Club Vesuvius. A place of pure recreational sinful nature of the mortal realm. Filled with degredation of the body, such as alcohol, chemical substances that impaired and defiled the body, a wave of emotions based off of lust, temptation, and desire for ambitions of the flesh. A flood of people mangled in a large cluster of moving rhythm-like to a tempo of musical noise being played overhead on a large sound amplification device. They danced with bodily filled inhibitions and also yearnings. Angela moved to the music as well with a peppy look on her face, nudging me to do the same as well. I simply stared at her as her emotions and thoughts were entertained and humored by my disdain for wanting to engage in the same festivities as the surrounding poulace. Neon colored lights and flashing strobes of photons emerged through the entire area as the chatter and chants of the earthlings collides with the loud music overhead.
617991-hw_hub_10064.jpg

Angela: "Come on Rachel, liven up a little! Nothing wrong with dancing!"
"Yeaaaaa......"
Angela: "Oh come onnn! I don't EVER go out! I've been holed up in my home for years afraid of being sought out, but now you're here...and I don't care anymore! So have fun with me! DANCE!"

She grabs me by my hands and lures me along into the fold of dozens of hot and humid people all dancing in harmony. She takes me to a spot in the middle of the crowd and starts to move side to side, along with the tempo of the music that was rampaging in the establishment. She took my hands and moved them up and down in a playful gesture in order to woo me into moving my body in rhythm as well. I refused. I stood idle while looking around at everyone else moving and having fun with intense emotional drives. This wasn't attuned to me preference, I wouls much rather be somewhere alone with my mother, continuing to spend time privately than in public with all the wild earthlings.

Angela: "Come on...dance! :/ "
"I would rather just be in private..."

From across the club in the booth and tables section, a few men share a table drinking whiskey and sctoch, all trying to drink away the day that was rathe rhard on them. As they did, they scanned the club through the crowd of people, looking at all the drunken slops and hormonal bodies out on the dance floor. One man comes across two women not dancing on the floor, both rather attractive. Both fair bronzed skin women with long dark hair and great bodies. It was Angela and I. The man focused in harder once he realized that he might have knew us, or at least myself. He leaned his head in closer for a view, as his face went blank with shock and surprise as he did so. He was trying to figure out where he'd seen one of us before. He gets up and walks lightly over to us, moving the crowd as he did so with two large men beside him. Angela instinctively grabs my arm and pushes me behind her to protect me. Funny, I should be doing that given my abilities.

Man: "Hey...I know you..."
KingSnake.jpg

I recognized the man as one that Galya and I encountered earlier when we first arrived to Gotham, the man in the other club with the neon sign. The man whose lust I could feel inside like a wave of primal desire had drowned me. His name was King, and he was the manager at the other place, I had to wonder why he was here.

Angela: "You know this man Rachel?"
"I seen him today, looking for you."
King: "Rachel? Thought it was Mettia or somethin....and this is your mother?? So you found her eh? Nice..."

Apparent emotions of desire surged through the man known as King, with his two guards filled with concentrated indifference. They seemed more like mindless puppets than anything else.

King: "Why don't I get you girls some snacks or some drinks?"
Angela: "No thank you, we're good. Have a nice night!" *turns away*
King: "Hey I don't mean no disrespect eh? Just trying to be a gentlemen don't mean any harm..."

I could see through his deceptive demeanor. Hos emotions were flooded with sexual urges and more physical ambitions than anything. There was something else he wanted too. I searched his thoughts and found a concentrated thought about him thinking of us half naked dancing in front of large crowds for currency, and a place of employment at the venue I had visited earlier. I tilted my head slightly with a blank face as I focused in on his thoughts and folded my arms. He wanted us to work in his club establishment as sin inspiring women. I sigh and listen to him banter on about his seemingly noble intentions.

"He wants us to work at his place of employment to attract sin and gain profit by dancing while our bodies are bare."
Angela: "Yeah, thought so."

Angela takes my arm and we stroll away from the confused King as he looks back at his men and then back to us as Angela takes me to a few seats in the corner of the club. She sits down and pats the seat beside her, enticing me to sit as well. I look down at my black boots and my mother places her hand on my shoulder.

Angela: "I'm sorry, maybe I should have considered your feelings about coming out...also sorry you had to meet a creep like that."
"You meant well, I know that."
Angela: "So you went looking for me in a club? How long were you looking? And where all did you go?
"If I could have I would have searched all the places in this city, but Galya insisted we be patient. I checked many buildings, even the law structure."
Angela: "...the police station? What'd they say?"
"That you were presumed dead...that you'd been missing for 18 years. They provided the residence of your parents so we went there. But you were here the entire time, why remain secretive?"
Angela: "I....just wanted to get away from my dark past. Everything I been through I thought that there was no hope for me for anything, so I remained a shadow...but then about a month ago I start having dreams....of you. Your cries, your birth...something nagged at my spirit, like a sensation. Then I started to think about you...if you were alive, how you were...I'm so sorry I left you."
"You didn't. We both were placed in a fate that decieved us."
Angela: "I can't believe you went place to place looking for me. You turned out so much better than I could have ever dreamed. You're beautiful, extremely intelligent apparently, noble, strong, and well...a superhero haha."

A small silent chuckle left me at my mother's words. Looking up again into the well-lit neon scenery, I could see one of the large men from King's entourage approach Angela and I. I braced my spirit for anything that might transpire harmfully and eyed the man as he got closer and closer to our position. Angela bears into his soul with her crystal blue eyes and developed a face of willpower, with feelings to match.

Guard: "Mr. King would like to schedule a meeting at his club sometime this week. He wanted me to give you two his card."
Angela: "Like I said, not interested, why are you guys here anyway?"
Guard: "He likes to look at his competition."
Angela: "What a businessman if he's recruiting girls in a rival club when he should be overseeing his own joint..."
Guard: "Mr. King insists that you come."
Angela: "No. And for the next time, no still."

The guard appeared irate for a moment, while stifled. Behind his dark frames that covered his eyes I could feel the malice pouring from his soul. He tenses his body and curls over the table that Angela and I rested upon. I could read his mind. He knew King wouldn't like the response, and he didn't want to go back empty handed. He looked at the two of us once more, rising up and slowly walking back over to his overseer.

Angela: "Let's go Rachel, sorry I even brought you here..."

I nod as we both rise and take our leave from the hot, humid, sin ridden place as the dark and gripping air of Gotham still oppresses me with feelings of burden and anxiety. The air was dense with mortality and a stench of grit and despair. But being with Angela made it seem not so distant, I felt more comfortable when I was with her. Her will was solid, like mine, together we made quite the pair. Both of our spirits of solitude, with my social isolation and her emotional engagement, we seemed to go hand in had with each other very nicely. She wrapped her arms around mine and we begun our walk back towards the hotel, where I would have to take my leave and travel back to Azarath. I wish I could just stay a bit longer, but both Azar and I know the risks of staying in this dark place for too long. As well as Angela has held up, she was probably in no position to cater to something like me, a Cambion. A mixed breed of evil and mortality. Along the way Angela walks along the sidewalk with me attached, suddenly halting and crossing an empty street and over to a rise that overlooked a large body of water. The city lights illuminated upon the liquid surface was pleasant. Serene.

Angela: "Sorry, we need to drown out that last memory of that scumbag...no pun intended. Can't believe that jerk, trying to make a pass at us and then use your search for me as a bargaining chip?"
"It's fine, I'm better than his ways....and you are too."
Angela: "Look at that view...so beautiful, peaceful. Makes you think about the little things in life."
"Bugs are pretty small I've heard."
Angela: "I mean experience wise haha, things that seem not significant."
"Oh...like bugs? They can be squashed..."
Angela: "No like-- wait....you're being sarcastic aren't you?"
*smirks*
Angela: "Haha....Rachel....if I never get to tell you this again, or if you didn't know...I love you. So much. I'm so grateful you became a beautiful, strong woman. Even with your situation you rise above them. You get that from your mom ;) "

I could feel her emotions of pure joy and happiness. Unconditional sappiness filled her, making her eyes water and mildly become influenced with striking sadness, but not a despair sadness, more of a yearning sadness. I had never felt it before. It was strong, so much so that I had to close my eyes and breathe for a moment just so I could contain the emotions myself. She hugs me and just looks out into the water as I did, we both thought of how far we've came in our individual lives and crucibles. This moment in time, I forgot about my calling, or what I was born to be. I forgot about Azar, Galya, Theron, Juris, Coman, Zinthios, and even my father. There was just this moment in time. Everything stood at this moment. I was at peace, and I didn't want it to end. For a brief moment it was as if Angela could read my emotions and not the opposite, as she sighs and smiles while embracing me tighter. We remained out there for moments just taking it all in. The sights, the feelings, the belonging, and the fact that our entire lives we were cast apart, but now in this moment we've found each other like two colliding waves. Fitting. All I could say was one thing.

"This would be better with a burger."

Angela laughs and kisses my frontal lobe, enjoying the moment. But it was getting that time to depart. She sighs one last time, her emotions returning to sad as we walk from the waterfront and head back to the hotel. We cross the street again and continue on the pavement of the sidewalk, as my eyes catch a man with some sort of canister spraying a red color on the wall of a building. The man had on common earth garments of a top and denim bottoms, but he looked a bit...odd. I tilted my head and observed the man as a feeling came over me of retribution. It came from him. A sharp vision flashed in my brain of red clothing...a cluster of red silk looking clothing. I flinch my eyes as Angela sees my reaction.

Angela: "You okay??"

She looks at my reaction to the man spraying the wall as she walks to the edge of the sidewalk and shouts at the perp tagging the brick wall.

Angela: "Hey!! Knock it off! Beat it!"

The man looks and fades into an alleyway, blending and vanishing with the darkness as I look at the red hue on the wall.

Angela: "What is it Rachel?"
"I just...seen something strange, I'm fine."
Angela: "What'd you see?"
"...red..more like the color of blood."
Angela: "Come on, let's get you back."

She grabs me by the arm as I'm pulled away from the street. I look across the road to the sprayed image before me. A cross. A red cross with leaking staves coming from under the handles. Along with it, something that gave me the uneasy feeling. A letter. Likely the first letter of the word the man was going to write had mother not stopped him. It was the letter C. I looked at the distanced image as the sight stores in my mind. What could the C stand for? We walk under the pale night of Gotham, the sky sending the same dark, grisly tone of when I had first arrived here. The sight of the hotel comes into view now, after moments of walking through the city. As we approach, we come across the place dubbed Crime Alley once more. I stop in my tracks as an uneasy feeling came over my soul. Angela stops as well, a face of abrasiveness covering her expression. I felt a resonation in my spirit, like something was watching from afar. Angela goes to grab me when suddenly a few goons appear from the alley and start walking towards us. Emotions were clear and stronger that ever: Malice. Angela and I run as the men chase us and start to catch up. I didn't know how to run very fast in these boots, and Angela seemed to be concerned with keeping me safe. I stop and turn towrds the men.

Angela: "Ray NO!!!"

The men stop in front of me and smirk, I could feel their confidence and pride increasing. Their thoughts of advantage weighed in on them heavily. Or so they thought they had the advantage. Angela steps in front of me but I move to the side and peer at the sin-filled men. They wanted our material possessions...and lustful thoughts also dwelled in their minds. I clench my fists and glare at them one by one.

Angela: "Leave us alone."
Thug: "Or what huh? You gonna beat us up?"
"Leave. Now."
Thug2: "HAH!!! She's got balls!"

The skies begin to catch thunder as the clouds move at a heightened speed. My fists get tighter and my face becomes focused with spirit and mental power. Angela grabs me and urges me to stop, but I knew that these men would not relent unless I were to do something. Nothing violent, but I wanted to give them a dose of their own action. The ground rumbled with the thunder as the mens faces stared to become hardened and more serious now, emotions of caution over taking them. And then, out of nowhere, a dark, swift figure sweeps through the line of sight, appearing behind the men. Angela and I widen our eyes as this man begins to strike physically towards the assailants. One man throws a punch, but this dark figure leans to the side and counters with a chop to the neck and a sweep kick as the other two men pull guns. The dark figure cartwheels into a kick to one's wrist, the other firing a missed shot into the ground from the figure's swiftness. The figure spins and delivers a spinning fist to the thug's face and quickly following up with a wrist grab, as the thug crumbles under the immense pressure of the figure's strength. The other to rise again to attack as Angela pulls me away from the scene and towards the hotel. The fight ensues as the dark figured man double kicks the two goons, turning around to slam the third back into the ground. A running charge from the figure knocks the second into the first, with two hard heel kicks to the temples, knocking them out. The figure picks up the guns and empties the clips, spotting a bystander looking in fear at him and the prior danger. The fugure remains silent, looking at the innocent citizen, before saluting thr citizen and running into the night of Gotham.

Vigilante.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angela and I rush onward to the hotel, making our way inside and hastily walking to the elevator, where a few befuddled looks came our way. We rise slowly towards the upper levels and Angela looks at me with longing eyes.

Angela: "I hope you return soon."
"Me too. Will you be fine here? Now that you're not in hiding.."
Angela: "Sure will, I promise. Don't worry about me, I have superhero monks on my side :) "
"We..are not monks. We're pacifists that transcend time and space."
Angela: "...yupp. What I meant."

The elevator door opens and we step out onto the lush golden halls of the upper suites, ones that the Skylar being had purchased for us. We walk up to the door and Angela stops and hugs me once more, squeezing tightly and kissing my frontal lobe.

Angela: "This was nice. I'll miss you."
*nods*

The door opens as Azar and Galya behind her both look at us with expressions of expectation. Galya smiles at me as I enter in silently, dreading the moments to follow. I would have to return back to Azarath, away from my mother, Angela. I knew I would come back again, I would use The Great Door myself if I had to. Galya takes her arms around my shoulders, as Azar and Angela exchange mutual looks of respect. Angela cups her hands and waits over by the television as the Azar joins Galya and I once more.
Galya.jpg Azar.jpg

Azar: "Did you enjoy yourself?
"Yes. It was...pleasant."
Azar: "I'm glad, thank you Angela for the time. I look forward to communicating further."
Angela: "Absolutely, please be safe. All of you."

A sudden attention snap broke between all of us. The telephone begun to ring loudly and violently. It caused me to jump a little bit. I had never heard a telephone go off, and so abruptly at that. We all look at the telephone device as it contiunues to ring. Angela looks and sees our bewilderment, before scooting over to the phone.

Angela: "I'll get it..."

Angela picks up the phone and answers. She looks over at Galya and stikes a surprised look across her face. She extends the phone for her and Galya looks confused as she scratches her head. Galya slowly moves over to the phone, looking between Azar and I. She reluctantly takes the phone and starts to speak.

Angela: "It's for you..."
Galya: "Hello....?"
Adrian: "Hey! It's Adrian, the guy from earlier today? Sorry I didn't know if this was a bad time..."
Galya: "Oh um, we were actually about to leave..."
Adrian: "Oh, well how'd it go with finding Metrion's mother?"
Galya: "Yes...oh right! Yes we found her, she was actually the woman that answered the phone. She's spent time with her all day. Thank you for being concerned!"
Adrian: "No problem!...hey did they happen to have on all black.?"
Galya: *looks at us* "Yes...they did. How did you know that?"
Adrian: "I think I may have seen them out on the town earlier, but anyways I'm glad everything worked out. So...since you're leaving maybe you can leave a number where I can reach you?"
Galya: "Ha I don't have a number, nor a phone."
Adrian: "It's 2014! How do you not have a phone!? How do you contact people?"
Galya: "Usually by reaching out physically...."

Azar: "We must go Galya, Azarath awaits us."
Galya: "Ok Azar, listen we have to go now, but it was flattering meeting you Adrian. I wish you peace and prosperity."
Adrian: "I....ok..well, til next time."
Galya: "Farewell."

Galya hangs up and looks back at us. I read her mind and knew who it was, that man from earlier...the one that seemed to have a slight interest and infatuation with Galya. Azar looked discerned, folding her arms and standing upright like she does when trying to seem authoritative.

Azar: "Who was that?"
Galya: "An earthling named Adrian, he was kind enough to assist in our endeavors to find Angela, he reached out to see if we had been successful. "
Angela: "Sounds like he likes you haha...."
Azar: *glares at Angela*
Angela: "...or not..."

Azar steps back a bit as Galya joins her and I once more. We all look at Angela as the Azar prepares to send us back to Azarath.

Angela: "Well...til next time."
Azar: "Yes, I now have your location and spirit. I can communicate with you through the realms now, as will Metrion."
Angela: "Good. Okay, well...be safe."

Azar closes her eyes as Galya takes my hand, but all I did was stare at Angela. I could feel her sadness I was leaving, and I wish I could have more time with her other than the days that have transpired. I was at least grateful for finally finding her, to be revealed a truth when there was deception before me. All because Azar. She lied to me, but yet she found her for me. The motive yet unknown, but I was relieved to have met her. The room begins to become ethreal as the area vibrates around us, and Angela looks onward as we start to dissipate from the mortal realm. Soon a cloud of energy surrounded us, encasing us in a clear but graceful wave of astral energy. Galya closed her eyes, and soon so did I, getting one last look at my mother before darkness, and then a bright light of a never ending void of spiritual energy taking us back to Azarath. Home. All of a sudden that thought seemed distant to me.

Arella.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Angelic Fusion
The next day had passed like none other. The speech I had to give from my involvement with Mr. Waynes corporation drained me so much that it left me nearly dead for several hours after it. That was untill Avalia got it through her head that it was time for me to get moving.... Avalia came over to me and stood towering over me as I lay sprawled out on my homes massive grass lands. She shook her head making me stare blankly up at her. To say the least her cheerful attitude was a far reaching apsect of her entire personality. It would touch just about anyone that was to ever come in contact with her and in this situation although highly unwanted it was definitely one that was beneficial to me. She suddenly crossed her arms and smirked before holding out a hand "Lets go you cry baby its over with."

That was all she had to say to me before I just rolled over and groaned loudly. Avalia did something I didn't expect at all. She looked at me once more before suddenly shaking her head and collapsing down ontop of my back. I let out a horrbile whine before Avalia turned me over and sat on my chest. I couldn't believe she just fell ontop of me but what more could I expect from her? To say the least she was a very random person and this was something I had to expect and it was something that I expected. "Happy yet?" She asked me before leaning down so her face was closer to mine. I shook my her and turned it to the side to keep her from messing with my face.

Avalia shook her head ebfore turning my face towards her and kissing me. "Then get happy..I am not letting you go untill you are happy enough to smile." She continued on before laying down ontop of me and beginning to flick my face and kiss me. I began to flail myself around before I foud myself ontop of her and began to smirk "Now it seems the tables ahve turned Avalia." I said with a smirk before she seemed to be shocked. She began to struggle before I pinned her arms down and began to giggle "Have at you Avalia... I am smileing now because for once I am in control." I whispered in her ear before Avalia growled and flipped me over once more.

I stared up at her as my mind began to go crazy "How do you do this! I don't understand it!" I cried out unable to move much at all. "Im so much stronger than you! And taller and.. well I am lighter but still!" I continued on before Avalia shrugged and leaned down to begin to kiss me once more. All of this happening while a figure began to slowly approach in a way I was unable to sense. "Having fun with the common rabble sister?" A voice called out from somewhere nearby. Avalia didn't seem to notice but I broke away from the controlling girl and lifted her off me with absolute ease. I then realized I could have done that the entire time but I didn't want to.

"Well, I asked you a question." The voice called out once more before I turned around and saw the individual. I just blinked and stared "Uh.. Who the hell are you and why are you on my family's grounds?" I asked before I stood infront of Avalia. The girl shook her head before beginning to laugh "Where is she?" The person asked making me tilt my head "Where is who?" I responded. The girl began to laugh louder "Where is she! Orange Skin! I know she is here.. My sister." The girl continued on as the person's eyes began to glow. Immediately I blinked before beginning to move back with Avalia behind me. "Run Avalia! Get my dad!" I shorted out making Avalia run off towards the house.

Azarath, The Astral Dimesnsion

AzarathCourtyard.jpg

The outlook was different now. This place was a tempered home, and I was nothing but a piece placed here to grow and adapt in its waysm planted by the Azar and forcibly my mother, Angela. I look up at the great door from the courtyard, no longer seeing a towering structure of marvelling wonder, but a gateway back to her. A path for me to be normal, or at least try to be in a world of wayward, sinful beings. Perhaps I could show them the way. Perhaps my teachings here could stretch to them and slowly but surely the ways of Earth will become filled with peace. I knew it probably wasn't that simple, but it was a nice notion to contemplate, seeing as how then I would have purpose. Instead now I return to my land. Again nothing but an outsider and a shell. Of course my people stretch smiles and keen gestures to me, and while some may be genuine, I can still feel those layered emotions of fear, doubt, and perplexed spirit. Before I knew it I heard a faint caw in the air that immediately brought a smirk to my face. Zinthios, my companion. I turnied to the sky to see the winged silhouette circling and flying down with an intense velocity towards me. I lifted my arm for him to land on, as it descends and flaps on to my forearm. It caws loudly and rubs his head against my cheek.
Zinthos2.jpg

"Looks like something missed me I see..."
Zinthios: *caws*

It moves up on my shoulder as I begin to move through the lands of the temple.

Hello, Metrion.
Congratualations child...
Happy Ascension Metrion...
May the light find your way...

I roam the yards and into the main hall of the temple, with the people looking at me in a newfound light, it seems that not as many were anxious towards me any longer, but there were still a few. The youth of Azarath all looked at me with quiet, discerned looks as I made my way through the golden halls. Like I was the one that had did wrong. I remain quiet and begin to make my way to The Garden where Azar and Coman were. I was stopped by a hand that turned me around. My face stricken with surprise as the quick motion almost made me queasy.
Galya.jpg

Galya: "You seem...more vibrant."
"Yes."
Galya: "How did you determine your experience on Earth?"
"Very...strange. But seeing my mother made it worth while, it was different."
Galya: "Perhaps you see now why Azar was concerned with you in the mortal realm. Things there are much different, even the smallest ripple could spark something much larger."
"But it didn't, because I'm in control."
Galya: "You are stronger than anyone here could have ever hoped. We all doubted you, but you must consider what you are inside. There will always be that darker instinct nagging at you. We're not badgering you, we're protecting you."
"The only one that can protect me from me, is myself."
Galya: "I suppose you are correct. Well enough of that, go on.....and Metrion? I'm proud of you. Have been for the past 17 cycles."

I absorb her words and walk away towards the throne door to The Garden. I approach the steps and close my eyes and astrally project myself through the door. Suddenly I exist beside the Azar, who's looking out into a never ending, star filled void. Space. I kneel beside her and stare ahead as well. I wondered what was next. All my life of doing this every day, and not knowing that there was more out there. Not just that, there was more for me out there. The radiating light from a mystical source soothes us and runs over our spirits and astral bodies, with the lush green plants and botanic life eminating pure light.
HighMagistrateComan.jpg Azar.jpg

High Magistrate Coman: "I hear you exercised caution and wit on Earth. This is a mark in our people's history. We took a risk with you Metrion, and you done us well."
Azar: "That world is full of darkness and malice, and yet she saw only the potential in people, she only saw the will to find her mother. This focus has showed me your mental strength and will."
Coman: "How was she, Metrion?"
"She was everything I expected. She was an angel."

My words brought silence for a little bit. I could feel their emotions of empathy and slight worry, about what I didn't know.

Coman: Good, I'm glad. Metrion, we want you to know we only hid the secret of your mother for your protection. had you known then you would have wanted to go to Earth sooner and you needed to hine your skills."
"Then you say that instead of decieving me. And my mother could have just been here the whole time, all you had to do was reach out to her."
Coman: "We protect our people Metrion, outsiders would be seen as skeptical among the Azarathians."
"Just like me. I'm an outsider. A Cambion remember? I'm way more dangerous than she could ever be, so I'm sorry if I have a hard time believing that. Unless I missed the wisdom in falsely accusing. Ignorance is not wisdom."
Azar: "Mind your tongue, child."
Coman: "You dare lecture me on the ways of wisdom?"
"I'm not a child anymore. How many times will it take for you to see that? Did you ascend me for ceremony, or because you truly believe? I see now that it was a spur of emotion, that it was just a means to an end. I felt more complete there with her than I ever have here, because at least there she made me feel belonged. She made me feel important and not like some liability."

I stand from my position and look at the two leaders now. I was facing off with my sipritual advisors. The ones who had lead me to think peace and the lighter way, and the irony was that had it not been for that, then there's no telling what dark thought would ponder in my mind in this moment. I am grateful for them having me into their own, but it was all under false pretenses. This entire time I was expecting that I was the only one of my lineage left, but here and behold my father was still out there, an evil entity and a feared being. My mother, a mirror image. A shell of the mortal realm caught in isolation strictly because of her mortality and dark past that happened to her before. A slight wind blows through The Garden as I can feel my spirit tingling with heat. I stood there, now silent as I watched the two guardians of Azarath.

Coman: "Return to your chambers Metrion, take a minute to reflect."
Azar: "If you knew the power and danger you pose, you would understand."
"I do understand. Now more than ever."

I phase out into my physical body and awaken at the throne door, rising from my meditative state and instantly heading to my chambers. Once I enter, I close my doors and lay along the bed where Zinthios waits in the window nearby. Just like that, I was back to being nothing, a shell. Feeling more spiritually inhibited rather than liberated. The High Magistrate and Azar were just going to act like thier ways were not unjust, and abusing their authority to provide a scandal through Azarath. Maybe that's why the people have been reluctant towards me...what if they've known all along? I close my eyes and think about Angela, I think about my mother. What would she say to me right now? I tried to focus on her spirit and quell my uprising emotions that I'm sure no one would like. Just then I could feel another presence, as it knocked on the door and I knew right away who it was.

Theron.jpg

Theron: "Metrion....?"
"Hello."
Theron: "Greetings....so...you're back..."
"Great observation."
Theron: "How was, you know...Earth?"
"Interesting. Dark, twisted, but somehow still."
Theron: "Did you find your mother?"
"Yes, she reached out to me. And we found each other."
Theron: "I'm sorry Metrion....I didn't know that you were an outsider, well I mean you're just as much one of us...I mean, why didn't you tell me? Are we not friends? Or have you just been using me to idle the time?"
"Excuse me?"
Theron: "I-- I just believed that we actually had a bond, one that was special. But you still shut me out, even after kinship all those cycles ago. You saved my companion, you reached out to me, but now I don't even know what you're feeling."

I looked at Theron and I could feel his emotions of angst, and also a bit of compassion. I unfurled my brows and opened up my posture a little bit, as to open up a bit of myself. Theron walks towards me as Zinthios caws from the bed. He comes within a few feet of me and stares at me.

Theron: "I know what people say about you. How they call you weird and different, how our peers stray from your company because of your mysterious nature, but for once I actually thought that perhaps you needed someone to be there for you. Since younglings we have been acquainted and I feel no closer to you than when we were children. I'm glad you got to see your mother, you deserve the truth as well all do, but if you'd rather reject us and be alone then fine." *walks away*

Theron had a point. Even before I'd left, when I was here I would nag and complain all day about being a shell and wanting to be normal. Theron was a kind soul, and it would annoy me at times, just because I wasn't where I wanted to be spiritually and mentally. Theron exits my chambers leaving me with a feeling I'd hardly ever experienced. Remorse. A small bit of guilt kicked in as I realized that his loyalty was genuine and light hearted. Great, now more feelings stack up as I begin to feel more dread overtake me. Zinthios caws as it's emotions are stirred as well. I look out into the bright aura of Azarath, as the far reaches beckon to me for more exploration, or maybe just for more isolation and peace...just as it was before. I remained in my chambers for what seemed like endless moments, just staring out of the window of the upper temple into the well radiated sky, Zinthios right on my shoulder. This time was different. It wasn't a routine of feeling idle in truth and purpose, I wasn't a shell aspiring to be a greater whole, now I felt destined, perplexed. I was at a helm with destiny and belonging. Would I truly have to remain here in this plane now that I have experienced the outer realms? With control of my abilities at that? I wasn't the identical Metrion of before I left this place, before I ascended the Grand Trials. There was also that mortal aspect to me now, one that could feel from the emotional spectrum that would allow me to hone myself and my born darker capabilities. There wasn't just a girl with a malevolent seed of fate inside her anymore... with my visit to Earth came irony and transformation that helped me to understand the mortal side. The part of me that my mother knew as 'Rachel'.

As I meditated on myself and all that encountered on Earth, I thought about the journey and the fabrics of the universe that ties it all together. Finding my mortal grandparents who rejected Angela in similar fashion as Azar did me, the darkened violence that was contained on Earth, and yet how feeble minded they seemed to be. The Azar's intervention in finding my mother and still remaining to overwatch me. It was all confusing, however it brought a certain sense of grace somehow, in that it was all weaved together so eventfully, like it was almost determined to occur in the stars. Even something as random as encountering that moratl girl with the ability to emit solar flames from her being...no mortal known was ever able to do that, but she was a machination of something more. Just like me. I wish I had the opportunity to explore her more now that I ponder it, but Angela was all that I was concerned with. And now I had a reason to further myself, in spirit and in the mind. I was going to see her again, and we would be reunited once I knew that my abilites didn't dictate my destiny. My mind goes to Angela as visions of our time together flooded my mind. Her beautiful face, those searing blue eyes, her devotion and joy for me.....and then those visions I had of her in the past. It was her, it was always her. The vision of her running, but from what? From whom? Another vision takes place as thunder faintly rumbles in the sky. My head starts to tug as visions of red fill my mind again, similar to my vision on Earth. Blood red. Crimson red. There was chanting. Shouting. I could see a vast and great city, like Gotham the dark city, but this was much larger and contained taller construct buildings. A faltering sun peeks over the horizon. What was that place? My vision again becomes filled with red, as the chanting becomes louder and louder in my head. Zinthios caws at my trouble and flaps around me as I grab my head in disorientation. I step back from the window and shut my eyes trying to control and make out this vision. I can hear it...clearly...the chanting...

Blood....Blood....Blood....Blood......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
New York City, USA: STAR Labs.

Down in the depths of STAR Labs Research and Development section, many white coated scientists, theorists, and experts in various fields all conform in one meeting room surrounded by titanium walls and confined spacing. One military General remains standing looking back at these faces, speaking about precautions and procedures of a specific project that was shown on a clipboard as 'ICARUS'. Another doctor remains standing beside the General with is arms folded, looking relaxed as the General speaks on the specifics of this assignment. Suddenly a knock comes to the sealed door, as it opens up and a small but toned woman pops her head in in military uniform, looking directly at the General with eyes of caution.
468px-Harry-Lennix-Man-of-Steel.jpg

Woman: "General, there's someone here that wishes to speak with Dr. Hamilton. Sorry...to interrupt. He insisted."

The doctor stands up with raised eyebrows.

Hamilton: "Me? Wh-Who is it?"
Woman: "Said he was from ARGUS, and that it was extremely important."
General: "Tell him to wait, we're discussing private matters right now."
???: "I'm afraid it can't wait, sir."

A tall bald man walks in with a prime suit and tie on and a disciplined posture about him. He carries a folder of some sort with files in them and scoots his way past the small petit woman as she looks a bit flustered at his sudden intrusion. His face remains just as hardened as the General's. The two meet eye to eye, before the man seemingly undermines the General and heads directly for Dr. Hamilton.

Man: "Dr. Hamilton I'm here under order of Director Waller. She said your...expertise might be useful in locating someone we're looking for. Dr. Jacob Finlay, he works here at STAR Labs with you. Rumor has it he has a technoligically advanced suit that can harness photonic energy for various applications. Ms. Waller would be very interested along with your scientific mind in developing a project, covertly speaking of course. Varsity only." *looks at General*
General: "Son I am a United States Military General and you intrude in here and have the nerve to throw your dick around?"
Man: "Exactly. The military hasn't exactly been the most proficient in stopping some more of our...unconventional threats have they? We need intelligence and ingenuity, not infantry."
Dr. Hamilton: "U-uh...well Dr. Finlay is over in his quarters I would be happy to introduce you to him after this meeting."
Man: "Thank you. I'll be right out here."

The man steps out with sheer arrogance and confident pride, as he eyes the short but solid woman guarding the door. He looks out upon the Research and Development labs, where a number of white coats are hard at work analyzing various formulas, testing new gear and technology, and looking in large screens at some sort of readings. He takes initiative upon himself to stroll throught he department, with the scientists looking at him rather warily and skeptically.

Scientist: "Uh...excuse me? Can I help you?"
Man: "Looking for Dr. Jacob Finlay, is he in?"
Scientist: "Uhm Mr. Finlay is my colleague, he's currently busy with research but perhaps I can be of assistance? Dr. Arthur Light, pleased to meet you."
Man: "Dr. Light? Pleasure. Interesting name...."

Reactions: Angelic Fusion
The figure shook her head making me just stare as she began to walk forward. She began to laugh making me step back a few steps before I heard rumbling behind me as my father came out and threw me the heavy backpack nearly twently feet. I caught it and slipping it around my back making Blackfire smirk "Thats cute.. Who are you worm." she snarled at me obviously getting more and more upset as the purple glow began to light up. I took a deep breath and sent a pulse of energy into the backpack. The backpack exploaded outward as the tendrils of metal began to evelope me. I took a step forward as it continued to encase my body. Within twenty seconds the suit fully enclosed me and the servos began to spin up entirely.

Blackfire took a step back as the suit finally finished activateing. I rose to my full height in the suit to nearly eight feet. Blackfire shook her head "Where is she.." She roared out making me shake my head as the armor around the hands expanded out to form a conductor like object. The object began to spin around before I raised it up to her face. "I don't know who the hell you are talking about! Leave to die!" I screamed back as the voice amplifer in the suit distorted it into a horrific discord of noise.

Blackfire shook her head once more before turning and running off. I turned back around as Avalia run up and instantly embraced the suit. "Your alright.. Whatever that was.. your father saw it all... dont worry.. it will be taken care of alright.." She said as the suit began to collapse in on itself once more. I fell into her arms and she held me up "You are to adoreable when you do that.." She said with a smile. Wearing the suit and powering it was annoying enough for me. It drained me heavily but once I gave it initial power it was all over within seconds and it would power itself for days.

Then my father came out and everything seemed to get abit for whacky. He instantly walked up to me and picked me up before carrying me inside "You aren't leaving this house untill we find it do you understand." he said to me immediately. His tone of voice was different and that little anger he held towards me days before seemed to have disappeared entirely. When Avalia came inside he turned to her "You keep her inside of this house at all times.. I am hiring trained individuals to watch this house at all times.. Do you understand Avalia." He said to her. Avalia nodded slowly "Good.. I have things to look into.. I think I know what is happening." He finished before walking off fast.

Several hours passed and he came back in and gave me a file before leaving once more. I opened up the file and began to read as it detailed who I truly was and I turned to Avalia. She saw the look on my face and instantly pulled me into her lap. "Relax... Whatever it is.. just relax alright.." She said as I held the fire out and it burst into fire immediately. "Im... Im entirely this girl.... That girl.. That girl knows what I am and.. I think they are looking for what.. What I am almost a clone of.." I said before I buried my head in her neck. She wrapped her arms around me and squeezed "Relax...." She cooed in my ear.

The next two hours were quiet untill I finally got myself together enough to stand up and go get something to eat. Avalia followed behind me and moved over to to the other end of the counter "Come on.. Ill make you dinner.. just sit down." She told me before I tried to open the door to the outside. She slid across the counter and put me in a odd restraight "Nope.. You aren't leaving this house your dad will kick me out." She said making me squirm "Let me out of the house Avalia! I need to find this out!" I continued on before she pulled me back enough that I gave up and just sighed.

Reactions: ch0sen1
Gotham City.
Gotham.jpg

Arella.jpg

Angela walks into her darkened apartment and closes the door behind her, she switches on the light to hear absolute silence. For the first time she wished the sounds of nothing had been replaced with the chatter of a family. To hear the laughter of a man while also hearing the noise of her daughter. This was the first time Angela had wished she had a family, and would've raised her daughter the right way, as any human babay girl would come up. But she couldn't. Because of what....no WHO her daughter was. And what Angela had became as well. She immediately grabbed her occult symbol book and went striaght to the page where she had found Azarath's red chakra symbol, rubbing across the page ever so softly as if it were her girl's face. She thought about how fate tied her reunion with her daughter again, how Azar had reached out to her when she used the spiritual beacon. And how she meditated and levitated in the air when she did so. Angela had always had...strange things happen around her. Seeing dark spots in the air when there was light, hearing small whispers of voices ever since she was younger, always just 'knowing' things when she had no experience on the subject...but to see herself levitating obove the ground sent a shock through her system. Was it because of the symbol's power? Or was it something more? Could it have been that Angela all this time also possessed some supernatural tendencies? She pulls away from the book and looks at a glass on her kitchen counter. She focuses on it, her eyes and mind melding with it. Moments after moments, she focuses on the glass to move. She zones out as the glass starts to show an aura around it. She focuses harder, and harder.....but nothing. She sighs and plops on the couch and turns her TV on, thinking about her daughter and how she grew to be a beautiful, strong woman. She remained silent, but with joyful thoughts of time with her girl. A smile crosses her lips.

She flips through the TV program channels trying to find something to ease her mind. She didn't really have any favorite TV shows, but anything with mystery and suspense seemed to pique her interest. She flips through shows and even sees a movie trailer for the movie she watched with her earlier, featuring the actress Laura De Mille. She continues to flip as her eyes catch a news headline & sees news about a LexCorp press conference. A slender brunette who seemed to be representing LexCorp delivered a speech as the headline reads 'LexCorp Deals With Wayne Ent. After Espionage Scandal'. The abscence of Mr. Luthor was typical, the world knew how reclusive that man was unless it had something to do with the promotion of his name. The young lady speaks on how a good percentage of LexCorp's shares and company profits will be provided to Wayne Ent. as a peace agreement.

"Wow, must've been something big."

A swarm of reporters and press barraged the young woman as she concluded the statements and her personal guard escorted her to a black sedan with anoher blond young woman beside her, as the two scampered off in the vehicle down the Metropolis traffic filled streets. The next broadcast shows another tying news report to Luthor, as there was suspicious activity around his estate earlier today. Witnesses said they heard 'loud booms and some type of purple lights'. NYPD will be dispatched to investigate further. Angela shook her head at the report. Luthor was always doing something controversial and up to critic skepticism. She reclines on her couch and takes her shoes off when the next report brings a shockwave through her body.

News: Well it seems that there's some speculation of gang activity or violence in Metropolis today, as a few citizens found starnge red crosses all over the city, now at first these were thought to be graffitti drawings led by some gang or movement seekers, but upon further inspection the witnesses says that the red pain looked more like blood, and sure enough CSI forensics analyazed the fluid, and in a horrifying discovery, it was indeed blood...now we don't now if it's animal blood, human blood or what have you, but we encourage the citizens of NYC to report any similar markings and any strange occurrences around the city to the police. The blood cross seemed to have had a message under it that read 'Church'...

Angela stops cold. She thinks about the man that they's seen earlier making that red cross in Gotham, with only the letter C under the cross. That was because Angela stopped him from writing the rest of the word, but she knew what it meant now. And that word sent off a signal in her head that made her deepest concerns and worries come true. Church. Blood. Church. Blood. She connected the thoughts. They were still here, they were still around. The same group that Angela had ran to when she was just a little girl, back when her life flipped into an entirely new world forever. The cult. Her mouth gapes unknowingly at the shocking realization. Could they really have spread that far in 18 years? Where else could they have spread to?? Thoughts raced in her mind.....what if they knew she was still alive!? And what if they found out about.....her?

June 1997. Gotham Hospital.

AngieRoth2.jpg

A young Angela awakens in an aura of pure bright light. Her eyes squint to the overwhelming radiance as two silhouettes take shape in her vision. Her awareness kicks in as she looks at the man whom she saw last before blacking out, along with a new fellow that seemed to be his partner. Nothing but dread filled the heart of Angela, wanting nothing to do with the world that she has awakened to. Her eyes begin to well up tears as the IV runs through her veins. Her body trembles with distinction as the detectives take wind and attempt to move closer to her, with the lead detective taking her by the hand, with her pulling away. Tears roll down her face as her sobs become more and more heavy.
DetectiveGordon.jpg

Gordon: "Ma'am...this is my partner, Harvey Bullock. We just wanta ask you some questions."
Young Angela: ......
Gordon: "Please...we can protect you we just wanta help...."
Young Angela: *sobs*
Gordon: "Please, I can't help if you don't tell me what happened..."
Young Angela: *sobs*
Bullock: "She's probably still in shock, maybe we oughta let this one go for the time being."
Gordon: "You said...the end was coming....what did that mean? What end?"

Angela just turns away and begins to cry silently but uncontrollably. Her face floods red as the tears stream non stop. Detective Gordon rises up from beside her and slides her his Gotham PD card for contact. She didn't even bother to make out the rest of what he was saying. It didn't matter, to her it was the end of everything. The things she'd been through...the literall hell she witnessed. It had shaken, broken, and shocked her to the core. Time became unknown. Endless and unaware moments of her lying with her head to the side, crying, an emotional and psychological wreck. And like some catatonic catalyst, her head snapped up as she jerked up in her hospital bed. It was silent, the silence of Death. Only her monitor beeped as she regained her awareness to the world before her. The lights overhead buzzed with a small distinction, as her fluid infested eyes looked around her envirmonment, sniffling from the effects of earlier. Nothing. There was nothing. No sound. No movement. Angela starts to tremble again as a feeling of horrendous fear came over her, like she'd awoken in a live nightmare. A thump in the bathroom caused her to jerk and stare at the closed door opposite from her position. She looked outside to the open hall, only to hear no doctors or nurses. Her heart starts to race as she darts her eyes back and forth to the two doors, deciding if she should run or remain still. Panic and fear consume her, as her breathing increases rapidly, with a string tear falling down her cheek. She was convinced something was behind the door. She listened out of adrenaline as the commotion behind the door consisted or whispers, she didn't know if it was real or mental. A clutter of whispers and small voices with the movement of something behind that door. Angela stares dazed and terrified, as the door remained unmoved....so far.

And then the commotion stopped. Complete silence again. Angela's breathing continued in bursts as the room suddenly went chilly, and there was a gush of wind that hit the back of her neck that made her body go numb with chillbumps and shock. The hairs on the back of her neck shot up as if....someone.....or something was whispering to her.

?: "......Angela......"

She releases a hitched gasp and freezes her body entirely. She slowly turns her head to peer over her shoulder, and the silhouette of a dark figure's head was right behind her, impossibly so as she was against the head of the bed.

?: "MINE!"

The figure reaches for Angela, as she jumps to move away from the bed. The dark memory reaching out to her even now...

---------------------------

Azarath.

I open my eyes hazily to the blurry realm before me. My first thought was that I wished it was Earth, and I was arising to see Angela. But as Zinthios caws in my ear, I knew that wasn't the case. My head pounds with a pulsating thump, as if my temples were about to burst from my skin. There was no pain however, only the hot rushing blood around my cortex. I shake my head back into consciousness as Zinthios flys onto my shoulder. I suddenly felt the arms of another gripping me and pulling me up to my feet, as my disorientation falters and I begin to make out the person of mystery. Galya pulls my torso up and follows by hands to my face, locking eyes with me.
Galya.jpg

Galya: "Child...Metrion look at me, are you alright? What happened?"
"I....."

I gather myself and I brush my robes off, with my purple gauntlets shimmering under the golden light of the sky. These visions were a prophecy of what's to come, at least I think. I could see inside people's minds, and inside their spirits. Perhaps these weren't coincidental after all....what if this was me seeing into the lives of others as well? Looking upon the ripples of the universe like a watchful guardian? That means I could alter those ripples, for the better. Especially if it involves the danger of my mother. I had to warn her, at least talk to her. Something tells me she knows about this mysterious occurrence I've been having, like that group I asked her about on Earth. The people she used conspire with. Visions of her with them...were they in fact the ones of mystery from my visions?

"I have to reach my mother."
Galya: "No, you are not going back to Earth for the time being, you almost caused a calamity just by being there!"
"Then I will reach her another way. I'll speak with the Azar."
Galya: "What is the matter?"
"..I'm fine..."
Galya: "Metrion!"

I exit my chambers and I strut down the golden corridors and hallways until I reach the main hall, the vastness of the area opened my mind to lucidity as I descended the steps towards the Azar's personal chambers. I reach the bottom and begin to make my way over near the throne door when I heard the marching of numerous footsteps nearing me and the sound of one voice in particular that made my skin crawl. My blood increased in flow as I stopped in my tracks, turning around to see the soucr of the voice, along with a number of youthful peers of Azarath.
Juris.jpg

Juris: "Well....well....well....The Demon has returned to darken our lands."
"......"
Juris: "Silence huh Metrion? I expected a witty response from that devious jaw of yours haha. So they choose YOU to ascend over the rest of us who are actually members of this society, and who weren't dropped here like an evil seed to grow and spread its corruption...*gets closer*....who aren't filled with the blood of a devil and a human filthy whore...."

At the realization of his last words I balled my fists and tried with all my might to quell the animosity inside of me. My blood turned into molten lava as it burned with a deep irate sensation inside of me. My body tensed as my abs and arms all restrict from committing a foul act of violence and treason upon my peaceful society. However, it was not enough. I could feel the ground ripping apart under me, as dust and earth flies up from the ground and a large crack erupts on the golden marble paved floors of the Temple. I slightly catch shock at the lapse of my power, as Juris and the peers all gasp in surprise and step back in cautious fear.

Juris: "D-Do you see! Evil! Nothing but the work of the devil!!! --"
"I'm nothing like my father! He abandoned me you cur and if you think I'm just going to let you sully me or my mothers name then you clearly are blinded by your arrogance. You are a coward who needs approval and opinion from everyone else but yourself. You can't DARE stand to me alone or by yourself because you know everytime you will be smote into dust. You're pathetic."

I stopped talking to look around and see the people of Azarath all looking at me, and I can read the emotions of utter disgust and reluctance from them. I channel my feelings and calm myself, not even aware that the sky had darkened a bit at my emotion. The light returns, and I continue to breath in a meditative state while looking at the people who so called 'accepted' me. They were all cowards, dealing in introverted schemes rather than embracing the reality of the situation before them. I mumbled under my breath, almost intolerant of the resuming hypocrisy.

"You all raise me as one of you, yet you see me as the very things you banished long ago..."

I walk away from the main hall towards the chambers of the Azar. I turn down the narrow shiny corridor filled with golden bricks for walls and flooring. I spot the two Preservers that guard Azar's chambers at all times, locking eyes with them behind their draped dark Azarathian robes. I approach as they nod their heads in greeting. The Preservers were Azarath's most cunning warriors if they had to be, even though we practiced the way of peace, The Preservers meditated and honed the ways of combat only when the need arose. Of course I'm contemplating if this is peace at all...They were always clear minded, clear hearted, balanced in spirit. Everytime I read their souls it was like reading water. I push open the doors to see Azar already staring at me, upright as if she was expecting me. The indifference on her face suggested she already knew things unheard.

Azar.jpg

Azar: "You let your emotions best you. And now you seek me for counsel yes?"
"Juris shouldn't have called me a Demon."
Azar: "I called you a Demon in Trials and you honed yourself...excuses are not the way."
"Excuses seem to be all that's occurred recently here."
Azar: "Words of protection are one thing, but to lash out and manifest your abilities to the people in fear...what does that suggest of your wavering emotions?"
"That if I'm truly a member of this society then they will embrace me no matter what. They no more commit to me being here than they would one of The Lost. I'm not here to debate about standards. I need to reach Angela."
Azar: "You cannot truly think that you would return to Earth since you displayed your abilities there...you can't even mind them here."
"I don't NEED to return to Earth to reach her, I just want to speak with her."
Azar: "Metrion, you must first realize that--"
"We have already traveled the path where you attempt to spill on words about keeping me from her. Doing it again seems a little redundant..."
Azar: "ENOUGH!"

With one swipe of her arm the room goes silent. Her voice raises as she steps closer to me.

Azar: "You may be feeling cast out and rejected, but I AM still your Azar and ruler of these lands, you will not undermine me any longer, do I make myself clear? You have been acting like an indulged, entitled, egocentric child since you've been divulged to the fact that your mother was alive. It stops now. You still disobeyed my compromise upon traveling to Earth, and now you've let your emotions lead you to spread disdain among the people--"
"They already had disdain for me....and heed your own words, anger is not the way. Exercise what you provide, you seem....emotional."

I stifled a smirk behind the witty reply.

"I'm starting to see the true face of things, Azar. Your deceit and the reluctance of the people are no way for anyone to be. And through it all, you expect me to be spiritually liberated? I can feel their emotions. I hear their bickerings. I live like a shell, and to find out that I must do so while containing demonic powers is.....upsetting. But do you know why I do it? Not for you, them, Coman, nor anyone. I do it because I want to be normal, to be viewed as an equal in society without judgement nor repression. But you all knew from the beginning about everything, yet I knew one side of the page. But you embody the way of truth? You've raised me to know nothing but resentment. So no more treating me like I'm some quirky being to be arranged to your desires."

My heart was stirring, emotions were racing. I had never opposed Azar before this situation. One lie, one secret sent the entire realm of Azarath into a fray. And I believe that she and anyone else that knew brought it on themselves. The ripples have turned into waves now, even my peers see me as a construct of evil, a demon. I have demon blood. But all my life I've rejected it. I've shown that I can be much more, and much stronger. But I remain a shadow, a nothing in the gleam of fate's eye. This was the moment I stand for myself, and to not be imprisoned by the notions of the people who I thought helped make me. All this time with all this knowledge being held from me was so...upsetting. I ball and release my fists to shed the dark thoughts and emotions.

"How do I reach my mother?"

----------------------------

She had found it. She simply stared at the destroyed vehicle for moments on end. Burned and charred bodies laid amid the ground, smoke rising from their corpses. Deep underground, in the LexCorp facilities in Gotham city where she was led to by the former men of Earth that had complied one way or another. The debris, the material, the markings on the ship. This was it, this was the ship that she escaped and landed here with. And that meant that she was among the feeble humans along this planet. That moment she knew in her mind, that she would burn this place into cinders so long as it granted her an all to anticipated reunion with her blood. Before she scorched the hidden facility with remains of bodies, she had a rather provocative way of gaining her information. An intimate and seductive union of lips to unsuspecting henchmen gave her information that she needed to know. It was embedded in her DNA, as it is in her also. The overseer of the recovered ship was in fact here at one point....a man named 'Mr. Alexander Luthor'. He had come to check on all of his assets, and this was one of them. She could see it all as if she was there herself, replaying every occurrence mentally. This overseer said he had a press conference to advise next in a place called 'Metropolis'. She opened her eyes as the purple hue radiates. He would know her location if he recovered the ship with oversight. She exits the facilities, looking at the cameras before shooting a purple bolt of fire and dissipating the ones she detected.

Among the night sky, Blackfire had hopped into her ship, undetectable nor seeable to the technology and means of human nature. She was shocked that this race wasn't as intelligent to have flying ships capable of interstellar travel, all the ones she had witnessed couldn't leave Earth's atmosphere. She had to search and scavenge a poor man's mind to locate Metropolis, kissing him and walking away, but he sure was happy. It was only in a matter of minutes that she had managed to find the well built mecca she laid her eyes upon, for a lacking race this city was impressive even to her. She hid her ship in the more obscure parts of outer Metropolis in the forests, and walked about an hour into the city herself. It didn't take too long for her to ascertain the location of one Alexander Luthor, kissing pretty much every other individual on the streets of busy Metropolis. She picks up a paper from a place called 'The Daily Planet News' and reads on the front page about a scandal involving LexCorp trying to spy on Wayne Ent. Written by a human named Lois Lane.

Blackfire: "LexCorp.....that was the name of the place I was at before. Hmph, thin sheets of material to output their messages to each other? This planet really is primitive...."

Hours and hours of walking, hours of kissing random people on the street. She was beginning to make a name for herself in this human city. Some people liked it, even girls. Some were completely shocked, and some were even disgusted. Had it not been for the volume of humans in this locale she would have easily done away with all of them in one large, violent, and violet ball of fire. But her quarrel was not with them, only with her....and the people housing her. She didn't care if they knew if she was an alien or not, she had somethings to get off of her chest. All those years of turmoil, of being rejected, and then the years of being tortured, being a slave. Blackfire wondered if she remembered too. She balls her fists in angry thought of it and relaxes to hide her purple flames. She spots a woman on some type of monitor device typing. She enters the small cafe where she was, and leans over to the woman, who appears surprised by her appearance.

Blackfire: "What is that you have there....?"
Woman: "What...you mean my laptop?"
Blackfire: "Laptop...that's funny ha, and what does it do?"
Woman: "You're joking right? Who are you?"
Blackfire: *kisses*
Woman: "Agh! What the hell??"
Blackfire: "I need to use this..."

She takes the laptop as the woman as well as the cafe looks in pure astonishment. She types away from the newfound knowledge she gained while kissing the lady across from her. She Google's Alexander Luthor's location and found some webpages of his estate that he has while staying in Metropolis. She remembered the look of the residence vivdly and gathering coordiantes on the place as well by going to Maps and typing it in.

Blackfire: "Thank you."

She exits the cafe and immediately makes for the house, where the encounter of a lifetime would take place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There she was, For some reason her mind was attracted to this dark haired girl playing in the mess of the residence with some other younf female human. It was almost as if....her blood was that of her sister's. Who she's been looking for this entire time. She was a clever one, changing her appearance to blend with the humans. But Blackfire could not be fooled. It wasn't until the tall female responded claiming not to know who she was that made Blackfire skeptical and angry. Even further when this girl equipped some type of robotic suit that was different from the tech that she'd seen here thus far. The engine whirred similar to that of her ship....and then it hit her. They used the crashed ship's tech to make and research weapons and gear. How dare this race, and this Alexander Luthor man. The final straw was when she yelled for her dad. This couldn't be her sister? Their parents were long gone....so who was this human, and why did her resonance give that of a Tameranean? Blackfire wasn't stupid, she didn't need attention right now or her plan would be foiled. She retreated from the place, she would survey it. Study it. And her. She knew how to get there now, and she knew what to expect. If she had to burn this planet down alone to find the truth so be it.

Just not yet.

Blackfire: "What.....? But....if that isn't Koriand'r....Then....."

She released a deafening scream as a wave of purple flames spread through her radius, igniting a few trees and grass. No one was around the obscure location away from the place of the overseer, but soon they would all know her fury. And her name.

Blackfire.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Day turned to night and everything had settled down in the Luthor estate. The room was quiet and not a word had been spoken in nearly an hour. Only Avalia had clung to my chest and nothing had happened and not even a movement was displayed. The silence could only be described as a hair thin display of peace before a torrent of activity and that was enough for me to enjoy. Taking a moment I finally moved making Avalia pull me back down onto her. She put her arms around my chest and kept me from moving "Nope, not letting you go." she said finally breaking the silence and making me just squirm. "Your father told me to keep you here in this chair untill he returns and I am going to do it. You've been good so far so don't get all squirmy." She stated to me.

------
The noise of a phone dialing fills a adjacent room as Alexander Luthor calls out across the United States. On the other end of the phone a voice is heard "Queen Estate" A voice answers. Alexander clears his throat "This is Alexander Luthor, I need to speak to Moira Queen." Alexander responds his obvious dedication and intent in his voice. After two minutes the noise on the other end picks up once more "Alexander? My father and mother had spoken about you in the past." The voice responds kindly.

"Who is this?" Alexander asked the voice on the other end of the phone. "This is Oliver Queen. My mother pass three months ago. Do you need something?" The new seemed to cause Alexander to hesitate for a second but with little choice he pressed on "Yes... I am sorry for your loss.. The past few months have been hectic dealing with my daughter. I have called originally to ask your mother for a favor." Alexander added on. "What do you need Mr. Luthor." Oliver responded. "I am sending my daughter to Star City due to some incidents here back in Metropolis and Gotham. I was going to ask that your mother keep a watch over her.. but.. since she had passed I ask this of you Mr. Queen." Alexander finished.

Oliver's voice came over once more "I can do that. I take it she will be staying in your Pent House not to far from our own home here?" He asked Alexander. "Yes, she will be staying in that penthouse for the time being. She is... a very.. lively young woman. But, how do you know of this?" Alexander continued on saying. Oliver smled on the other end of the phone "Mr. Luthor, the area around our house and our past business partners are well known. My mother had spoken of you far in the past. Yes, I can keep a watch on her. I know of the past issue with Mr. Wayne and I will try to make sure she stays out of toruble." Oliver finished.

Alexander let out a sigh of relief "Wonderful, I will have her there as soon as possible." Alexander said before they both bid their good-byes. With that entire situation now taken care of Alexander turned and picked up his jacket. Taking a deep breath knowing that the coming speech to his daughter would be one with obvious backlash. With everything in place he began to leave the room.
------

Minutes later my father came into the room with a face telling a thousand words. Avalia let go of me and I stood up with her rising behind me. Alexander looked at me and put a hand on my shoulder "Skylar, you are Avalia are leaving Metropolis. Whatever came after you and arrived here is still around. I am going to relocate you and your schooling to Star City. You know that you will excell anywhere you go and you will live in our office penthouse for the time being." He said to me before holding up a hand just as I was about to protest like he expected. "No protests nor opinions on this Skylar.. You will have to listen to me entirely this time. No use of your powers or shenanigans.. Avalia will be in charge of keeping you in line and I know she will." He said making Avalia smile.

The look on my face was almost priceless. You could say it looked like a kid whos favorite toy was taken away but instead of sadness... there was a annoyance and upset feature that made it that more hilarious. Avalia saw the face and just nudged me "Relax you ditz." She mumbled in my ear making me glare at her. She put a hand on my head as my dad walked out and patted me gently "You look like an angry cat. From what I read your DNA is infact Feline in nature. So, I guess I can call you kitty." She continued on making me continue the glare. "I will hurt you." I said sternly making her wrap her arms around my neck "No you wont." She stated making me roll my eyes.

Within the hour we found ourselves inside of my fathers up armored personel car and driving to the airport. "You know.. We don't have our stuff.." I said making my dad glare at me in the mirror "Calm yourself.. Your belongings will be sent once I know you are both safe in New York." He said and I felt a hand grab me on the shoulder. I was jerked down into the lap of Avalia who put her hands in my hair "You relax. You have been acting all crazy in the past few days and I want you to just sleep. You haven't slept well enough in some time now and you need to rest." She said making me nod slowly and slowly close my eyes. The feeling of her hands passing through my hair was something or an amazing pleasure that for some reason put me at complete ease.

Falling asleep where I was across Avalia's lap felt like something different. How long I slept I didn't know but I woke up on the plane as it was beginning to touch down. Avalia under me asleep I didn't know what to do. Turning slighty I felt her stirr beneath me and I let out a yawn before looking down at her face "How long was I asleep.." I ask as she comes to as well. She heard me and raised her right hand up "About eight hours.." She said before pulling me up farther "The plane is landing I think." She stated as I got up. "Well, I guess we should get ready..." I said to her as she stretched out. She got up with me and we both found seats for the landings.

It was early morning when we arrived in the Star City penthouse. The elevator ride up was something else new. Avalia's yawns filled the elevator constantly as she swayed back and forth. It put my arms around her and held her steady "Were almost here my love." I said to her before the doors opened. Avalia fell back into my arms as I began to carry her forward. "Its alright Avalia.. I have you." I said and moved into the penthouse. Moving into the room I found the bedroom and set her down. Climbing into the bed beside her I cuddled up against her and fell let my head rest against the pillows. "Rest easy Avalia..." I said as my phone began to vibrate in my backpocket. Taking it out I held it up my ear "Hi dad.. we got here safe.." I said with a half smile. "Good to hear. I am having some men I hired move to watch the pent house from below. In the morning I wish for you to go to the Queen residence. I called ahead and let Oliver Queen know of your arrival. He will be keeping a watch on you." He said before I said I loved him and the call ended.

Three hours later Avalia rolled over ontop of me and kissed me suddenly "Hello" I said with a giggle before sitting up. "So, today we need to figure out where our new school is going to be since it will be starting rather soon." I said as she let her head rest against mine. She just smiled and sat back slightly "Of course. Did you talk to your dad?" She asked me. I nodded to her before she got off my lap and stood up "Well, I did and hes happy we got here safe. Protection will be downstairs and I think everything will be going okay from here on out.. just please make sure I don't do anything stupid.. I ruined alot already." I mumbled out with a sigh making Avalia nudge me "Come on you depressed girl. Lets go out and get something to eat. Star City is a large place but.. after showers." She said as she stopped in her tracks and instantly went into the bathroom "Ill be out of here soon." She called out to me.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 person
Azar: 'It was with you the entire time... your root. Your channel. The spiritual beacon that ties your fondest memories and core spirit to the ripples of the universe.....'

azarath6.jpg

I still heard the Azar's words ringing through my head as she telepathically provided me the answer I sought. I guess saying it aloud would prove brutal to her ego. Our supposed spiritual leader in truth and light, yet all this time I could compare her words as nothing more than wise banter used to sheath her inner deceit. I wasn't however completely blind to her understanding. Empathy caused me to see as she did, she truly wanted to protect the realms, and me as well. I pondered these things as I life myself from the ground and begin to stride with the air current towards the Temple. I had to get away from the Azarathians for a while to be alone. I'd already felt alone, so what was the difference? I knew how they would see and think of me anyways, especially now. That display of my abilities in the main hall was sure to cause debate among the society. It was the first time I had used it outside of the Grand Trials. I attempted to shrug off the nerves getting to me as the waters of the rivers gush and split from the force or my mellow flight. If only I could fly away from here. My senses were not yet attunded to commence full flight like that of birds. Like Zinthios. How I envied it even now, capable to just get away at will, perhaps in some ideal universe I could escape here and take Zinthios with me....then we could fly together. I take in all the beautiful lands and scenery around me. Even if the Azarathians were introverted in judgement and I was more like a liability than a member, one thing I could never deny was the physical and astral beauty of this world. Soothing. Serene. Opposite of the things transpiring in the Temple. I clutch on to my Chakra that was given to me before Earth, its warmth vibrating in my hand even as I levitated briskly through the air. I reach a high point among the swiss hills of Azarath, where Theron and I would usually go but higher. A soft wind blows through, with the distant feel of the breeze calming me from the past moments. I close my eyes and think of her. Angela. I took a deep breath and released my lungs to the realm. I lift the Chakra up with my mind as I sit indian style and close my eyes once more, focusing on the Charkra gem.
Chakra.jpg

I dug deep in my spirit to summon my astral body, my physical flesh becoming numb and relaxed as my mind took a merge with the realm. I ascend from my physical body and look upon the Chakra, which was now glowing a bright red, unseen to the physical eye. I reach out to touch the energy with my astral arm, infusing my spirit and root soul with the item, and suddenly everything changed. The sky goes a dark azure blue and ultraviolet, as the ground beneath my feet becomes cosmic matter and dust. Space and sky filled the void around me, as if I was in a point of the space time fabric ready to weave my own message. I understood now, I could feel it all.....spiritual and universal energy surging and flowing all around, as humans would feel electricity. I closed my eyes in awe of this feeling, letting it fill me as I simultaneously reached out to it. I channeled the energy via the Chakra and I start to focus first on Earth. The visual imagery of the planet, its composition, and then it's resources and inhabitants. Then I focused on the dark city called Gotham, and I begin to concentrate on the metro-urban domain and I used the root of my own chakra to feel for Angela. To beckon to my mother. Her spirit, her soul, her root. I was searching through the souls with my Chakra, and I followed the feeling of our connection. I could feel her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gotham City, USA

Gotham.jpg

Arella.jpg

Angela peers through the blinds in paranoia, the dark streets and drab alleys concealing a hidden fear. She shuts her blinds and then hastily rushes to gather what little personal effects she possessed: A small momento given to her when she was little at the orphanage...it was a bird necklace that a crush had given her, her books and files from the past 18 years she'd gathered on the Church and strange events that resembled effects of when she'd birthed the young being that would change the realms. She grabbed her suitcase and started packing the nestle of clothes that she did have, but in her mind she had no idea where she would go. Maybe they didn't know she was alive, maybe they'd just been rising up for the first time in 18 years. Angela didn't care; she knew she could NOT be seen by them or their members, she was pretty sure that her face was kept in some of the old members' memories, if they all weren't dead or worse. She turned the TV off and just stood still for moments on end. Meditating, and thinking. She started to take deep breaths as flashes from her repressed past began to creep back up on her. Burst images of random red robes and dark sermons held by the leader...The Brother. She starts herself into a frenzy as she freaks out all around her, lights starting to mildly flicker as her mind goes numb. Whispers begin to form in her mind, or was it her ear? She didn't know. She grabs her hair and almost tugs at the sudden insanity before her. She grabs her suitcase and stradles it over her shoulder as she rushed for the front door.

'Don't be afraid.'

She stops right in the midst of her stride, her eyes going wide, but her anxiety coming to a calm. She knew that voice. It was a voice so sweet and so wanting. The voice that she had wished to hear ever since earlier when its source was right along side her. She gasps into a smile and turns around, looking into the air as if she knew a presence was there, and so there was. My astral body drifted down into her view, my conscious locking onto her. And with a surprise, her eyes locked right back onto my astral body. She could actually see it. She could see me. She drops her suitcase and slowly walks to me with amazement on her face. She reaches her hand out towards my body, as my astral hand reaches back for hers. When they touch, a cool sensation chilled through Angela, and when she touched mine, the hand blurred and dissolved as if it were smoke, but instantly reformed into a hand. She smiles at me, and I return a casual look at her. Emotions were absent in my astral body, only spirit, but I could still feel everything emotional, and every thought had weight. It was transcending.

Angela: "Rachel?..oh my goodness...how?"
'I'm making contact from Azarath. I transcended my body to reach your mind.'
Angela: "You...[shakes head] this is phenomenal..."
'Angela....I want to talk to you, I need to tell you something.'
Angela: "Anything, I- I um..I've just been out of it, but I'm here and ready to listen. What's wrong?"
'Something is happening. I keep having these resuming visions of...you. You and the faltering of the skies, along with red...always red...it makes me feel threatened, makes me feel adrenaline and turmoil to a great degree...'
Angela: "Rachel...these visions...how often do you have them?"
'They've started lately, around the moments where I pondered on your existence, and now...more and more as I think and know you. Ever since I've found you, things have been happening spiritually I can't explain..'
Angela: "You're not alone sweetie....I've felt it too, I've been...no, I AM going through the same thing now..."
'Something is transpiring, but I don't know what..'
Angela: "I think I may know...I think the closer we get to each other, both spirit and mind, the more we experience these phenomena. It may be a deviation of your abilities. Your visions...Maybe they're a glimpse into the future, or maybe they're just really intense dreams.
'They don't feel like dreams. I've never had what's called a dream. Being in the astral plane causes you to experience higher conscious manifestations all the time. I had a vision of you before we met. You seemed troubled, like you were in danger.'
Angela: "Rachel...I don't want you to worry about me okay? I'm fine. I can take care of myself."
'Then why are your belongings stowed inside of that case like you're about to run away?'
Angela: "I..Raych please don't worry about me. I'm just taking precautions, or maybe I'm just delusional. I'm never leaving you though, not now, not ever. I'm not letting you go again."
'Then let me assist you. You have to tell me if there's any semblance to my visions. I need to know.'
Angela: ".....[sigh] The socie-- ....cult I used to dwell in are beginning to show themselves again. Remember when you were here? That red cross we saw on the wall with the letter C? Well it turns out that it was a mark of The Church. They have red robes like your visions, and they are EVIL Rachel. The darkest kind. They've been gone for all this time I...I don't knwo why they would resurface now, unless...no, it can't be..."
'What is it?'
Angela: "Unless they know I'm alive, or worse...if you're alive."
'What? Why?'
Angela: "To fulfil their purpose that they started almost 20 years ago...to summon their god...to summon the beast that will spread pure evil and darkness to not just Earth but anything that has any good in it."
'How does that pertain to us? And is there any way to stop it?'
Angela: "I don't know how to stop it, or them Rachel...if they even can be stopped. But it has everything to do with us...Rachel....

He's the one that manipulated me. He's the demon that defiled me. He's...your father."

Angela strikes a vision of a fiery and flamed sky, with cries and wails all around the area. The heat she couls really feel seeping into her pores and making her skin almost fry from the humidity and temperature. In the fiery sky dark wisps fly all around the sky in random frenzy, as a black figure stands in front of Angela in the vision. The figure has only the silhouette showing, no facial or body features whatsoever. Hair can be seen flowing and moving rapidly as a kindling flame would at night. She was lost in the vision, and I could feel the concern it gave her. The fear. I started to see it too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gotham, undisclosed.

Gotham.jpg

In the dark and dreary night of Gotham, the sky conceals a greater light by the moon's shine. In the dark and desolate area of the city, a sleek black limo pulls up towards the confines of the area. The driver stops as its occupants inside remain still and silent, waiting on the other patrons and persons of interest. Brother Blood remains silent, with Jinx, Shimmer, and Mammoth all looking at him with a newfound sense of nervousness and skepticsm. He stares simply blank into the back of the limo drivers head as the four wait on the meeting setup by the three HIVE members. This was going to be the big meeting between the minds so to speak, and Sebastian already knew what leverage and cause he had to wager, the question was more of why the international organization would be willing to deal in liaison with a religous radical that knows about the existence of 'special' beings. Lights glare over Sebastian's eyes as a huge convoy pulls up into the void landscape. Sebastian's face goes from rigid and stern to open and welcoming, exiting the limo with the three HIVE members in tow. The doors on the convoy open up as well, with men in black tactical gear surrounding a suitcase. The men walk up into immediate proximity to the group, as Jinx, Shimmer, and Mammoth all walk over to their HIVE comrades in silence. One man drops and opens the suitcase, revealing a laptop with wires connecting to an encrypted proxy server. Sebastian smiles as the screen activates and a man signals via radio to presumably the person on the other end of the screen. Soon a dark silhouette covers the screen in the form of a female.
SebastianBloodSR.jpg

Jinx1.jpg MammothBaran.jpg ShimmerSelinda.jpg

?: "Mr. Blood, welcome. I see that you've been monitoring with some of my agents. I've heard of your....resume. We also happen to know that you're supposed to be this willing benefactor to our operations. No one deals in this world in the goodness of their heart."

Blood: "We? As in The Hierarchy right? You're head honchos...let me guess...you're a representative of some sorts? Maybe even a high class gal herself? And as far as dealing. You guys are international, now I'll admit I haven't been exactly impressed with your...Gotham team, but I understand everyone has bad business days, you guys can grant us global influence and resources and we...I can give you a list of a smorgasbord of special individuals...much like the three I happened upon recently that works for you guys."

?: "My Gotham team will be handled as we see fit, we could care less about your speeches and criticism. You're nothing but a dirty politician with a condensed focus in your constituents. Why would you give up the names of these 'specials'? Why won't you go and get them yourself?"

Blood: "Like you said...I'm just a politician. I don't have the means nor the power to retrieve these individuals, BUT with you help and....particular resources, I can grab them for you. If it means getting the influence and prestige for me and my people then so be it. I believe and have faith in the supernatural, doesn't mean I want to tangle with it on a daily basis."

?: "So we do this favor for you, we get the prize and you get your resources, which you've yet to name."

Blood: "My followers and I are becoming prominent again after a very, very long time. I've had to get my hands dirty for almost two decades to bring us back to where we need to be, and even still we aren't equipped with what we need. We may not be as widespread, but we are many. Our differences are we deal in shadows with conviction, you all dance in the dark with an absence of conscious. I think we can learn and help each other out here. Besides, what're going to do when ARGUS starts digging into the events around Gotham? Won't you need protection against fallacy? Some...'smaller' people in society to lead the crowd in another direction? I can do that for you, I will do that for you. I just need some....security. To cover our bases across the US. Here on this side of the Mississippi, to across the coast over to Coast City, down south to the Twin Rivers and up north to Fawcett City, and even one in the middle...Central City. We just need a little...innovation to back us up."

?: "You want weapons...?"

Blood: "No, I want cutting edge revolutionary stuff. Worship robes with armor plates, discreet transit between places, things of that nature. If you grant that for me, HIVE will be as powerful as the world never knew they were. The UN would be nothing to you. I have my members, my people. We will rise under our own cause and discretion, and when the time is right even HIVE will have no choice but the nod in respect, it's more than just Gods and religion, it's redemption and enlightenment for ALL. But I'm sure you don't care about that, you guys have no morals."

?: "If you're resourceful enough to have places all over the US then surely you can aquire your desired...items."

Blood: "No, because we are NOT mercs. We are NOT wrongdoers. We walk in faith, and it's taken us a long time to get where we are now. We don't draw attention of the natural world, becuase we dwell outside of it. So, what do you say Madam HIVE? Do we have a deal?"

Moments ensue of silence and stillness. The woman remains quiet for a moment with Sebastian unbudged as well.

?: "Jinx, Shimmer, Mammoth. You are now officially on assignment with Mr. Blood. He will send over the list of names effective immediately, and he will comply not to interfere in HIVE's operations directly. We've already had enough death and failure of our own, isn't that right agents?"

Jinx, Shimmer, and Mammoth remain silent, with shameful looks and feelings all over them.

Blood: "Pleasure doing business with you madam. You see? Fate always ties us together for a greater purpose."
?: "I will also be sending someone from our Inner Circle to oversee your operations and to ensure it gets done effectively and with no problems. A word of advice...best not to strike him the wrong way."
Blood: "Oversight? What happened to not interfereing with each other's plans?"
?: "These are both our plans. Our shared goals. Don't tell me you have a problem with the proposal you suggested? I'm tasking one of ours to make sure Gotham doesn't happen again since...well you're not a 'wrongdoer'."
Blood: "[smiles] very well. Agreed. Pleasure to do business with you."

The HIVE agents shut the laptop before stopping the signal and encryption. They say nothing more, only looking at the three special agents as they all make their way back towards their convoy and began to pull off. Blood claps and rubs his hands together with enthusiasm as he smiles at the remaining three HIVE operatives: Jinx, Mammoth, and Shimmer. He struts back to the limo and opens the door wide open.

Blood: "Ahhh....shall we? We have work to do."

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.