The Sentence

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I know that feel. I know a lot of that feel. So no worries, take your time with stuff mate. :)

Not sure if I announce this here or whatever, but I need a roll for Shotaro's Shivering Flame ability.

Also not sure if I need the roll BEFORE or AFTER I make the post... this is a passive buff rather than an offensive technique, so... yeah. Not sure.

Meanwhile, at the Betacave.

cookieball.gif

Not sure if I announce this here or whatever, but I need a roll for Shotaro's Shivering Flame ability.

Also not sure if I need the roll BEFORE or AFTER I make the post... this is a passive buff rather than an offensive technique, so... yeah. Not sure.

Rolls are done before you actually post it to the IC, but can be carried out at any point during the writing of your IC post.
Shivering Flame Speed roll generated 3 bonus Fortitude for the duration of the fight.

Achievements Unlocked:

Bloodthirsty - Be the first to defeat a player.
"Blood now. Plot later."
Unlocked by: Skyswimsky

Curbstomp Battle - Defeat another player without being injured.
"Never had a chance."

Consistent - Get the same post number 3 times in a row.
"That counts for something, right?"
Unlocked by: ERode

(Unlocking an achievement grants 1 stat point to spend. Notify me of your expenditure.

Fight Results: Esterellia succeeded in knocking out Aurora. Both participants get 1 point to spend on stats for participating in a fight.

@Skyswimsky @ERode @kingdomkeylight

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, so much stuff I need to catch up on. Of course, not sure i have the time to do it, as got other stuff right now, and then got to sleep. I'll see, though.

Travel sucks. But hopefully there will be internet when i get to my apartment. That would be convenient. If not, I may be...well, still not as available. Should at least be done with driving all day tomorrow, though.

Chances are, there's going to be a battle collab popping up, R-9. So you should probably watch out for that.

Also, yay~ Finally I can add that point to Finesse.

Sadly, my availability is...going to be shitty for a bit, what with the travel and such. And when I get back, got to do teaching and research, so it'll be the usual "only on in the later afternoons and evenings, except weekends." But, I'll be around.

And looking at the IC, seems a battle is inevitable. Which is a bit odd, given if the Palace people saw us first, they had the opportunity to avoid us entirely. But hooray, violence!

Last edited:
Junkiro hath been accepted.

Working out the remaining kinks, then you'll get to meet your brand new psychopath best friend.

Rolls are done before you actually post it to the IC, but can be carried out at any point during the writing of your IC post.
Shivering Flame Speed roll generated 3 bonus Fortitude for the duration of the fight.

Achievements Unlocked:

Bloodthirsty - Be the first to defeat a player.
"Blood now. Plot later."

Curbstomp Battle - Defeat another player without being injured.
"Never had a chance."

Consistent - Get the same post number 3 times in a row.
"That counts for something, right?"
Unlocked by: ERode

(Unlocking an achievement grants 1 stat point to spend. Notify me of your expenditure.

Fight Results: Esterellia succeeded in knocking out Aurora. Both participants get 1 point to spend on stats for participating in a fight.

@Skyswimsky @ERode @kingdomkeylight
Ugh I am going to give that point to Speed Final decision already updated my CS for it.... >> freaking 5 speed Vampire.... *Is actually okay with the defeat just pissed that not one hit got landed*

Ugh I am going to give that point to Speed Final decision already updated my CS for it.... >> freaking 5 speed Vampire.... *Is actually okay with the defeat just pissed that not one hit got landed*

I think your finesse decides what lands.

Reactions: Beta
The weak get weaker

Eleena's doom draws nigh

If I do have her survive long enough, I think I'll put 2 points in finesse, maybe 1 in strength, then spam speed even more.

Don't worry. Aesil's current craving is banana bread. If Eleena gets her that, she might not eat you at sight.

I think your finesse decides what lands.
Yes but speed helps you dodge, or keep up with your opponent if your speed is higher then your opponent than they will have a harder time hitting you regardless of finesse. Finesse has more effect I believe when people of equal speed clash. Cause me, and Sky had the same finesse level, but since his speed was higher he had a higher dodge rate compared to my hit rate.

Though yes I will eventual make sure my finesse goes up. But after my first experience with this dice system combat I have decided to yield to the more obvious issues.

@Beta Activating his Shivering Flame ability counts as an action, so he won't be able to attack (throw that punch) until his next turn.

@Beta Activating his Shivering Flame ability counts as an action, so he won't be able to attack (throw that punch) until his next turn.
My apologies. I almost didn't include it for that reason, but I wasn't 100% sure. I'll nip that out.

Yes but speed helps you dodge, or keep up with your opponent if your speed is higher then your opponent than they will have a harder time hitting you regardless of finesse. Finesse has more effect I believe when people of equal speed clash. Cause me, and Sky had the same finesse level, but since his speed was higher he had a higher dodge rate compared to my hit rate.

Though yes I will eventual make sure my finesse goes up. But after my first experience with this dice system combat I have decided to yield to the more obvious issues.
Nani sore?

You were complaining about your attacks not landing. So you put in Finesse for hit accuracy. If you were to complain about how you can't dodge shit, THAT's where you put points into Speed.

Oh yeah, Beta, Psyker, wanna collab for the fight now? Pretty sure R-9 is busy anyways.

• Thank You
Reactions: Azathoth
I'm likely to go to sleep soon. I'd rather not be left out, but eh. And, it may be that speed is sort of this system's god-stat. Well, or there will be some development of abilities that bypass it entirely for obvious reasons...

Oh yeah, Beta, Psyker, wanna collab for the fight now? Pretty sure R-9 is busy anyways.
54489859.jpg

Link me to things or whatever or however we're doing this! Titanpad, maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.