The Selfish Princess and the Timid Jester.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You haven't noticed?" He asked with a soft expression, leaving to go to his own bed. He sat down as he buried his head between his hands. "I..." He muttered as he looked out of the window. "I love you." He just bluntly said, looking away as his face became red with embarrassment.

She watched as he said this and went to his own bed. She simply walked over and tilted his head up kissing him. "I love you too." She spoke when she pulled back.

When she kissed him, he pushed her back and shook his head. "No... we... we can't..." He said weakly as he looked down. "It's forbidden. No one in their right mind would let you have an affair with the court jester." He said, even weaker, as he tried to deny himself what his heart so most desired.

Her eyes looked hurt. "How is it an affair when you're the one I want to be with. The only one. You are the one who has my heart..."

"And you have mine, but, you're getting married. To another man. And you'll have to marry him. There's no place for a person like me in your existence." He said sadly as he covered his eyes. He wanted to be with her, but that would never work out.

"I don't want him. I'd rather die. I want you...." She felt tears prick her eyes.

"I know you do, but we... we can't.." He said as he wiped away her tears. "Please... don't make this harder for me than it already is..."

She simply got up and moved to her bed. She curled up on it crying quietly.

He simply couldn't handle it. He went over to her bed, lying down and wrapping his arms around her from behind. He held her closely, never saying a word, just comforting her.

It didn't help much. She knew that he wouldn't be with her.

"Are you sure...?" Was all he asked. He didn't want her to regret what they had together. He didn't want her to get herself harmed over his own reckless actions. "You know what it's going to be like... if we're found out... you'll lose your dignity and me my life..."

She turned her head to look at him. "I've never been more sure of anything..."

"But we might have to abandon... this place if such a thing is figured out..." He whispered as he kissed her softly on the lips. The guards had gone to sleep as well and he wasn't scared of being hurt right now.

She looked up at him. She offered a weak smile. "I'd rather do that I it meant I got to be with you."

"You've always been crazy." He said with a smile as he kissed her neck, wrapping his arms around her.

She smiled letting him hold her. "Life's too boring when you're normal."

He stroked her hair as he looked into her eyes. "But what are you going to do about the marriage? Your parents aren't going to let you escape that one."

"I will fight it with everything in me. I already have been protesting. Perhaps I can make the prince not like me. Then he'll call it off."

"You're really set on this. Did you really do this for me?" He asked smiling a little as he nuzzled close to her, kissing her neck. He stroked her cheeks and looked at her.

"Yes I did. I've always loved you." She spoke letting him comfort her.

Status
Not open for further replies.