The Selfish Princess and the Timid Jester.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"How would he ever find out? Besides, despite whatever that man wants, he's not getting it. I don't love him, I don't want to be with him, I don't want anything to do with him or his kingdom. I love you..." she spoke.

"I know you love me, and god, do I return those feelings.." He said, albeit sadly. "But you need to know... saying no to him is also cutting yourself from your family... they will most likely ask you to leave the country and never come back... do you really want that to happen?"

Kieara thought about it. "Before I pretend to love somebody I don't, I would."

"I just don't want you to regret your decisions... if you marry him you can keep what we have a secret and you can still be princess without a price on your head..."

He looked at her, not able to take her hand because he feared that anyone around them would see. "What... have you been thinking about..?"

"I don't want to have to be able to be with my love only in secret, even if it means me being exiled along with you....I want you and only you..."

"I want you to... go here first.... and if you change your mind, you can... give me the answer in a month, the day where we'd set back for your kingdom." He said softly as he looked into her eyes.

"What do you mean?...." she was confused by what he wanted. Didn't he want to be with her?

"I mean that we stay in this kingdom for the month. You have to answer his marriage proposal by the end of the month. I want you to decide if you want to run away with me."

She sighed and nodded. She knew she wanted to. Why didn't he see that? But she heeded his wish anyway.

"I know you might have decided... but please just think it through. I don't want you to regret it..." He smiled sadly as he, looking around to see if there was anyone else, pressed a kiss to her lips.

"I love you." He whispered and flinched back as someone unlocked the door for the carriage. If he got caught he'd be in trouble. It was a guard saying they'd stop for lunch and he pulled the princess with him out of the carriage, sitting across from her at the table.

Kieara stepped out of the carriage with them ready for a nice lunch.

He ate in silence, unable to look at her directly at any point of the lunch. He was scared of a lot of things and just sat staring out into nothing.

This made her feel extremely self conscious and bad. She sighed and ate her lunch in the carriage.

He wanted to stop her but she left and he sat back with a heavy feeling in his chest. He finished his food and stepped into the carriage, drawing the curtains and closing the door. "I'm... I'm sorry. But if we don't keep it low until we're going back from that castle we're going to be in trouble..."

"I know but you could at least talk to me...They know we're friends...."

"I know but I'm scared that if I talk to you it'll be obvious... to not show how much I love you when I talk to you is impossible... I love you more than anything else and I just want you to be happy and not to mention safe. That's all there is to it...."

Status
Not open for further replies.