The Secret Society Of Assassins

• Thread starter LifeAsALittleSister
  • Start date
  • So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jake walked over to the cabinet, and retrieved two short swords. He gestured to the door, and whispered into Cherie's ear, "We need to go, the man looked like a mercenary"

Cherie's eyes clouded when she heard that. She nodded, "I'll just clean here. Then we'll go. Stay on alert."

She tidied the things and hid them to a safe place. Grabbing a dagger with rubies in the hilt and putting it in her boots, she grabbed a twin edged knives and stuffed it in her hips. She also took some shurikens in her pockets.

"Let's go." she called to Jake. They went to a wall with paintings. Stoping to a picture of a young woman with red hair, she touched some parts and the wall creaked and a dark passage was revealed.

"In here. Stay close to me. There are traps here." she cautioned to Jake.

Jake nodded, and followed Cherie. He closed the door behind him, and frowned. "Why was he looking for you?"

Cherie wondered at that too.
"I don't know. I don't think I had some enemies. Besides, I don't do unsavory jobs. I really have no idea." she answered.

She thinks of other reasons then she realized something.
"You don't suppose maybe they're looking for me coz someone might be looking for you? Someone might've seen us while going here." she reasoned to Jake.

"I am an outsider, but I'm not sure why they would want me, unless they knew what I could do."

"Well, they might be curious about you. It's not everyday that something like that happens. It is normal to assume that you are someone unique so they setn someone to investigate. And since there's a chance they saw you with me, then they'll think that I'm somehow responsible with our appearance here in this world. Though, we both know that's not what happened." she replied.

She doesn't like someone especially a mercenary sniffing around her domain. She turned to Jake saying, "We should hide out until we know who's after us. You won't like it once they find us." Then they hurried along.

Jake nodded vigorously, and followed Cherie down the dark corridor. Once they came out in another area, Jake stretched his muscles, and sat down at a chair.

"Where ARE we? It seems we were going for hours."

Cherie saw that Jake stopped and was sitting on a bench. She sighed and said, "Sorry. I'm trying to keep us here for a while longer until I feel that we're safe."
She sat beside him. "Let's rest. Sorry for forgetting that you're tired and all. We'll go out once you're rested." she told Jake.

"No, no. I can move on." Jake grinned, and his words were ringing true. "Anyway, where are we headed? We must be far from the house now." As his sentence finished, he retrieved the blades he took, and examined them.

Cherie stood up as Jake said he can still go on.

"Yeah. We're pretty far from the house now. I think we're under the marketplace now. One of the paths here goes to near the castle. It's much safer there coz of the guards." she explained to Jake's question of theur current location.

Then she saw Jake studying the blades. She smiled as she said, "You like them?"

"Indeed I do, I believe I've seen a blade like this in a museum once. Anyway, these have a good weight to them."

Jake grinned, and stood. He thought for a minute, then gestured forward. "Well, shall we continue?"

She stood up and began walking again.
"Oh, a museum? What was it like? I didn't know there are other blades like those." she said.

After a few minutes of walking silently, she asked him, "We're almost there." she said pointing ahead. "Do you see that light?". She grabbed his hands and pulled him towards the exit.

"Strangely, I think they looked like these!" He smirked, and sheathed them again.

As she grabbed his hands, Jake followed willingly, and laughed in pleasure when they approached the light. "Where are we coming out?"

"Oh. Really? So do you know what they're called?" she smirked at him too.

"We're just right outside the castle gardens." she answered Jake as they got out from a huge oak tree.

"See that wall? On the other side are the gardens. You can see them if you climb at the top of this tree. But be careful though. The guards might see you and shoot you with arrow." she said as she pointed the wall then to the tree.

Tyberion awoke in the room feeling the rocking of the boat. Must have fallen asleep...damn did I need it. He sat up slowly and glanced around..not seeing Elizabeth anywhere.
"She's on this boat somewhere..wonder what she's up to?" He stood out of bed and made his way to the deck. He did not see her, but the smell of the fresh sea air filled his lungs.

It was quite refreshing. He began searching the boat for her. For all he knew, the trip was still long and he could use a distraction from the boredom.

"Alright then. After we jump the wall, then what?" Jake examined the old stone wall, noticing cracks, and ridges in its form.

"We go find a job at Giovanni's. And ask her about the mercenary. She might know what's up." she said.

Together, they jumped and crossed the wall. They headed to Giovanni's place. They walked cautiously just in case someone might be following them.

Arriving at Giovanni's she said to someone standing near her stall, "Where's Giovanni? Can we talk to her? Please tell her it's Cherie."

Turning to Jake, "I hope you can convince her."

"If I couldn't, then I wouldn't be much of a partner, would I?" Jake smiled, but there was an element of stress under the seemingly happy face.

Cherie noticed Jake's face as he said it.

She took his hands and squeezed them gently. "We're partners, yeah. So cheer up! You're helping me here and i've got you as a friend so please don't look like that." she smiled as she said it.

The stress began to fade, and he looked inside. "They don't seem to be returning... Should we enter?"

Status
Not open for further replies.