The Scrolls of Gelbaron: The Forsaken Saga (Sign Up/OoC|Open)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sucks when you make a character and when te moment of truth comes yu have no idea what to do with 'im

Hitting some blocks IRL wise but they are being worked through. Sorry for the delay but my post shall be done.
To make sure I will attempt for the most epic entrance ever, I shall listen ot nothing but two steps from hell.

Reactions: Mercinus3
Okay, so I think I have a character I would be interested in playing. I was wondering if I could play a character I have called Tyraon. He'd fit as a human descendent of one of the 20 random light-imbued people with light elemental magic and the potential for light aura magic. He'd be rather similar to a paladin or priest as he's typically a demi-angel, but in this he can simply be a light-imbued human to fit in better. It's one character per person right? He usually works better with his nemesis but it's fine if you'd prefer just one character.

Oh hey Merc, here I was thinking you hadn't moved Gelbaron here yet, and it's been here since forever it seems ._.

Trying to find my old character, the Mourningtide or whatever his name was, but I may just use another one. Hopefully this time, I don't get hit by the AFK-train and can actually remain in the RP ._.

Okay, so I think I have a character I would be interested in playing. I was wondering if I could play a character I have called Tyraon. He'd fit as a human descendent of one of the 20 random light-imbued people with light elemental magic and the potential for light aura magic. He'd be rather similar to a paladin or priest as he's typically a demi-angel, but in this he can simply be a light-imbued human to fit in better. It's one character per person right? He usually works better with his nemesis but it's fine if you'd prefer just one character.
As long as the character doesn't have Light Aura at the beginning of the RP, then that's fine. I'd prefer if the character is more human than a demi-angel, but that's just a preference. Nemesis? If he is an NPC, then I'm all fine with that.
Oh hey Merc, here I was thinking you hadn't moved Gelbaron here yet, and it's been here since forever it seems ._.

Trying to find my old character, the Mourningtide or whatever his name was, but I may just use another one. Hopefully this time, I don't get hit by the AFK-train and can actually remain in the RP ._.
I'll talk to you over the conversation that you had started.

M3

Suggestion:

Maybe he had light aura and then lost it and the character motivation is getting the light aura back? Is that viable?

As long as the character doesn't have Light Aura at the beginning of the RP, then that's fine. I'd prefer if the character is more human than a demi-angel, but that's just a preference. Nemesis? If he is an NPC, then I'm all fine with that.

Human is fine, and yeah he's basically striving to achieve Light aura magic. He's not aware of the fact he can destroy the evil orb things just yet. His nemesis would be a rather erm, frequently occurring NPC if he were an NPC.

Human is fine, and yeah he's basically striving to achieve Light aura magic. He's not aware of the fact he can destroy the evil orb things just yet. His nemesis would be a rather erm, frequently occurring NPC if he were an NPC.
That's all fine (including the NPC being a frequent occurrence).

And now that I have finished my job to get ready to move, I should be a little bit more active :)

M3

Reactions: AlidaMaria
That's all fine (including the NPC being a frequent occurrence).

And now that I have finished my job to get ready to move, I should be a little bit more active :)

M3
I've come to realise that those characters fit far better in another roleplay where vore is allowed. I'll think of another for here eventually.

Eeh, why not. I'm not sure when exactly I'd be stepping in as I am quite preoccupied these days, but the CS is here. You should know him already.

Character Name: Narandail (self-given)

Sex: Male (winged variant)

Race/species: Agiroan

Magic: His skills in using magic appear marginal at best, although he does seem to have some weak affinity to fire elemental magic. The grandeur of casting exploding fireballs into enemies' ranks and projecting great walls of flame has never been observed in him, as he only - perhaps because he is unable to do more - uses this ability of his to aid himself in mundane tasks like starting campfires and lighting candles and torches without needing any effort or specialized equipment.
Also, his gun seems to always fire when he wants it to, no matter what the weather or which condition the gunpowder he uses is in.

Physical appearance: He is generally humanoid in overall body structure, bipedal - stands at 5'9'' or 5'10'' (between 1.75 and 1.78 meters) at full height - and with a fairly humanlike head, arms and hands, as well as humanlike pelvis and vaguely humanlike legs. That, however, sums up most of what can immediately and unmistakably identified as humanoid.
For those who have not seen many agiroans of this type before, 'he has wings' is perhaps the most defining feature of his appearance.

The skin on his body, head and limbs has a light brown complexion with an unusual green tint, whereas the wings are much darker in color, somewhere between a deep dark brown and dark evergreen-green. His eyes are likewise dark brownish-green, much like the membranes of his wings, but his hair is almost perfectly jet-black. The latter is long and thick, and unlike on humans, it does not only grow out of his scalp, but also on the back of his neck and down his spine, the individual strands getting shorter and shorter the lower they are growing, and stopping entirely about right above his tail-bone. At the same time, it appears that he would not be able to grow a beard if he wanted to, since even without shaving, his face seems to remain clear of any kind of additional hair-growth - except for his eyebrows, which are fairly similar to those of humans and black like his hair.
His eyes are likewise humanlike in shape, as is his nose, which would be considered long and narrow by human standards, but nothing unusual. His lips are perhaps a bit thinner than is usual for humans and are colored almost the same as his skin, which makes those a bit hard to notice. His teeth, however, which might stand out a little - he has fairly distinctive canines, longer, stronger and sharper than those of humans, and the rest of his teeth follow suit in giving an impression of him as a canivore -, and while his chin could almost be labeled slightly pointed, his jaws appear rather strong, more powerful than those of most lesser humanoids.
But what truly marks his face as inhuman is the fact that from the very rear ends of his lower yaw and as a continuation of his cheekbones extend backwards four spikes, with the two originating from his cheekbones - one from each - ending roughly next to his fairly humanlike ears, and the lower two continuing from the back corners of his lower jaw being slightly shorter.

His neck looks to be of average length - by human standards -, but is a bit more muscled than would be ordinary; he, however, does not give off the impression of a wide-shouldered person, since his shoulders actually are not that wide despite what his neck might suggest. His arms would look in place on a thinner, decently fit person, but compared to his neck and torso, these look almost oddly feeble, and the fingers on his hands rather appear long and nimble than very strong - an artist's fingers, some might say, although the impression of near-delicateness is somewhat ruined by the sturdy, dark and notably long and pointed fingernails that reach nearly an inch past his fingertips each. Those look quite likely to leave extensive half an inch deep gashes in someone's flesh should their owner only desire so.

His torso on overall looks very powerful, with extremely well-developed musculature, with a sternum that seems to arc slightly forward like that of birds - he also appears to altogether lack collarbones - and waist that makes it seem likely that he would not even flinch should the average man attempt to punch him in the stomach. That all is because of the two dark wings extending from his back, placed lower on his body than his arms and connected to their own separate set of double shoulder-blade-like formations.
- Those are the appendages which all this 'excess' muscle on his upper body is meant to support - it is no easy feat to propel a creature of his size into air, and thusly the draw-power of his wings is immense. Those, nearly eight meters (about twenty six feet) from the tip of one to that of another, are structured almost like a second pair of arms, only extending from closer to his back as opposed from roughly from his sides and being both more muscled and significantly longer, especially four of the fingers. The thumb, however, has turned into three-feet long spike, one that is mobile at the base. The flight-membrane feels similar to thick soft leather covered in thin layer of soft fuzz and feels slightly warm to the touch, and is supported by all the wing-fingers but the spikelike thumb, also connecting to the side of his body and going down to the hip.
It must be noted that being purposefully hit by one of his wings is not something that is to be underestimated - since his wings are strong enough to lift him three meters into air with a single flap and let him carry a weight almost equal to his own in flight, those are also strong enough to effectively crush the average man's ribcage in (breaking several ribs at once is, after all, something even a well-aimed sharp kick by a trained human can do) and send him flying to his back two meters away. Alternatively, the agiroan can simply opt to impale a person on the wing-thumb-spike.
As a flier, he is perhaps not spectacularly fast compared to other airborne entities, but he is still mostly capable of keeping up with a running horse, and his maneuverability is respectable, and probably exceeds that of most other winged beings of his size-category.

His hips are comparatively narrow, but not to an extent which would appear disproportional, and his pelvic region is generally comparable to that of a male human. His legs, however, while proportionally about as long as a human's, appear very sleek, with especially the calves being very weakly pronounced. The ankles, then, look similar to a human's, but the feet themselves more resemble a cross between a bird's and a human's, with bare, normal, thicker-under-the-soles skin like that of human feet rather than the hardened scales of birds', but with three long, thick and strong taloned toes reaching forward and a fourth, slightly shorter one extending back from where a human heel would be.
The build of his legs and feet coupled with his high balance-point and the size of his wings even when folded makes him a somewhat slow runner - he would rather fly when he needs to get somewhere fast, as long as there is enough space for him to flap his wings -, but in case he feels like sleeping while sitting on a branch, like birds commonly do, or hanging upside down from somewhere while only holding onto something with a single foot, then those things he can do easily enough.

Equipment and attire: He typically wears nothing on his feet, since most footwear would only render his feet less useful, should he ever find something that would even fit onto his unusually-shaped feet.
He generally does wear pants, however, usually neutrally-colored long ones, although whether the main reason for opting for wearing this kind of articles of clothing is protection and keeping extra warmth, or the convenience of pockets and belts for storing things, or even simply appearing more acceptable in the eyes of humans, is unknown. The pants, as hinted, are held in place with a belt - namely a wide, sturdy leather one to which a multitude of other things is usually attached - four fairly ordinary all-purpose knives (in their sheathes), a pouch with money, a small flask with water, and another pouch for spices and a few small useful objects which aren't stored in his pockets instead, also a pouch for gunpowder; bullets are in a pocket of his pants.
On his upper body he generally, yet again, wears nothing - mostly because his wings tend to get in the way of wearing something of the kind. He is apparently quite temperature-proof. If anything, he might don something that has a hole for the head, but rather than having sleeves, simply splits at the shoulders for the remaining length of the fabric, leaving the sides free and allowing his wings and arms alike to remain unrestrained. The lower corners of such garment, then, would be attached to his belt to ensure that it would stay put even when he is currently not standing straight.
He also has a fairly common spear he typically carries along, metal leaf-headed and about six feet (1.81 meters) long.

The most noteworthy object in his possession, however, is an undecorated - perhaps a strange fact given that guns are not all that abundant - long-barreled single-shot gun, with a strap for swinging it over shoulder (though for him it looks slightly awkward). This one is a sort-of gift for the gunsmith he worked for for almost seven years, basically for food as he did not get any separate payment - the firearm was originally meant for a customer, who, for reasons unknown, never showed up to receive the object he had already paid three fifths of the price for, presumably because of his own demise.
Narandail is rather good with the weapon, as good as is possible with this level of technology. He'd also be fairly accurate with a crossbow, if someone gave him one.[/hr]

General Information
Character Name: Raeviir Seldsyl El'Anadar
Race: Vampiric Ilythiiri Elf
Sexual Orientation: "Does it matter? I'm a vampire..." *sigh* "Fine. Lesbian."

Physical Characteristics
Height: 6 feet and 8.5 inches, or 204.5 cm
Weight: 263 lbs, or 119.2 kg
Eyes: Emerald green irises, with a general eye shape as a flattened oval with pointed ends.
Hair: Black with a reddish sheen, around mid-back in length, and almost never tied up in any style.
Appearance: TBC (Currently being drawn by Shienvien)

Mental Characteristics

Personality: After 5 years living in exile away from her family, her friends and all she knew, as well as a bite from a vampire she encountered during her sojourn, Raeviir has been described as a broken woman by those around her. Though she fights hard to maintain her stoic, tough composure around others, it is becoming increasingly difficult to do so for her, as the pressure on her fragile sanity becomes almost too much to bear in certain days. Raeviir has grown frightened of the very act of sleeping - she constantly relives the living hell of her exile, or worse, imprisonment. She goes days without rest not through great energy, but out of fear for what would happen were she to drift off. Exhausted by her mental battle against all-too-real demons, Raeviir has become reclusive from her previous self. Her temper, even amongst the Drow, is legendary - Raeviir grows irritated very quickly indeed, over very trivial matters others would simply shrug off, but such a thing is impossible for Raeviir. She takes insults very personally, she takes criticism hard, when teased she retaliates physically, often with a barely-constrained fury. Criticism or insults can drive Raeviir into a feeling of self-loathing; a sense that she simply isn't good enough, or that she's not worth the effort others go to to help her. One of the very few times Raeviir is able to control the torrid storm of emotions within her is when she is around her stepmother, Kyrranwyn, one of the very few people Raeviir loves and cares about, along with her father, her twin brother Haldor, Aurelia's sister Sabuit and Raeviir's own companion, Nabisisstra. Kyrranwyn acts as the mother figure Raeviir never had whilst she was a child- Kyrranwyn treats Raeviir as though the tortured girl were Kyrranwyn's own daughter, despite being only about 50 years Raeviir's senior. Neither Nabisisstra nor Kyrranwyn think ill of Raeviir's vampirism - they see it as something to help her during, not condemn her for, as after all, it was not her choice that she was bitten and infected with the condition.
In response to the trauma inflicted upon her, Raeviir is a heavy abuser of substances. She is a hard drinker, a able to drink even Dwarves under the table, and she smokes cannabis leaf to calm her emotions. Resigned to a fate of constant mental battle, Raeviir holds a very fatalistic view of life. She sees death as a welcome release from the hardships she experiences. Despite this, Raeviir does not live a life of complete solitude. It has been truthfully stated that people need a reason to get up in the morning, and for Rae, despite all of the trauma inflicted upon her, that reason is her beloved companion, lover and rumour has it fellow vampire, Nabisisstra Qelarn, or Nabi for short. Though Nabi is younger than Raeviir at 109, Raeviir adores Nabisisstra like no other, and it's often remarked that her demeanour completely changes when Nabisisstra is around, which is true - Raeviir grows softer, gentler, less stressed and more easy-going. Without Nabisisstra by her side, Raeviir would almost certainly be either insane (which some say she already is) or dead by her own hand. Raeviir harbours a deep-seated loathing for her birth mother, Qilaste El'Anadar, for, in Raeviir's view, inflicting the worst childhood she could have upon Raeviir, culminating in the exile after Raeviir's ordination as a priestess of Lolth. Drugged and left in the Subterranean naked with only her scimitar Suffering, many consider it a divine miracle that Raeviir survived. True to her cynical self, Raeviir doesn't care whether it was a miracle, fate, or sheer bloody-mindedness that dragged her through her ordeal, but one thing is clear - Raeviir holds a vendetta against Qilaste that will only cease when she answers for her crimes.

Aspirations:
Raeviir has few aspirations. Her first and foremost goal is to try and live a normal life after her experiences - something that she admits even to herself will be a very difficult thing to achieve. But Raeviir also wants to remain active in life - in her own words, she is "a woman of action, and I can't simply sit at home and watch the world go by". Her other goal is the bringing of her mother to justice.

Skills:
Raeviir is a vicious hand-to-hand fighter. Wielding her whip and scimitar in either hand, she can slash through hordes of foes or target vulnerable areas of heavily armoured knights. Her scimitar, her pride and joy, is named Suffering. It is forged of Dwarven titanium metal, and enchanted by Archmage Kyrranwyn herself for Raeviir's 100th birthday. Suffering is permanently laced with an acidic venom which inflicts awful injuries upon her foes - should they survive the initial strike, the enemy quickly finds the wound beginning to fester and necrotise - septic shock follows shortly afterward, which few, if any, survive, thanks to the mixture of poisons that coat the scimitar's surface. Suffering was Raeviir's only possession whilst she was exiled in the Subterranean, and as a result, Raeviir regards the blade almost as a sentient being and one of her only friends. Her whip, Torment, is bladed and able to open joints in armour with ease, as well as being enchanted similarly to Suffering. In short, Raeviir is not somebody you want to get on the wrong side of in hand-to-hand, as it may end very quickly. Torment was crafted for Raeviir upon her ordination as a priestess of Lolth (in defiance of her birth mother), but Raeviir only received it upon her return from exile, whereupon she paired it with Suffering to create her own unique fighting style.

Outside of melee, Raeviir is an able marksman with her longbow, Deliverance. Whilst it lacks the accuracy and precision of Sabuit's bow, Heart Hound, which by all standards is an incredibly powerful weapon, Deliverance is nevertheless a formidable tool in combat. Shooting thin-tipped bodkins made of adamantium, Deliverance's arrows contain tiny vials of bebilith venom, which crack when the arrow strikes a victim's flesh. A single drop of bebilith venom can be lethal, the unlucky target perishing in immense agony as the body's autoimmune functions turn upon it's own musculature and go into overdrive, a hyperactive metabolic reaction causing the victim to literally waste away in front of others.

One of Raeviir's quirks is one that very few people understand. Raeviir, as the daughter of a shapeshifter in Amaleth El'Anadar, can shapeshift herself. However, she can only shapeshift into a single form - that of a black panther, but she can shift at will. There is another drawback however, and that is that Raeviir's equipment vanishes upon her shifting, re-appearing at a certain point that Raeviir or her companion marks with a small octahedral rock known as a Way Stone. The Way Stone floats a couple of feet off the ground, and marks the exact position that Raeviir's equipment returns to when she shapeshifts. Raeviir has been known to keep her panther form for almost days at a time, and can communicate in Ilythiiric whilst shifted. Shifting into panther form allows Raeviir to escape many situations that would be otherwise very difficult to flee, as well as cross large tracts of rough ground quickly.

Talents:
  • Raeviir can shapeshift at will, though she loses her equipment.
  • Raeviir commands a mixed arsenal of natural and electricity-based magic, and can utilise spells of a mostly offensive nature, such as manipulating the undergrowth of an area to ensnare her enemies, commanding vines and branches to wrap around and strangle those unlucky enough to be near them, and call down multiple lightning bolts on to an unlucky foe. However, Raeviir is still limited by her spirit as to how often she can cast spells.
  • Raeviir's vampirism grants her enhanced speed and senses over a normal Ilythiiri.
  • Raeviir is able to see in the IR spectrum, allowing her vision even when normal light fails her. This is common to all Ilythiiri.

Inabilities:
  • Obviously, being a vampire, Raeviir cannot stand direct sunlight for long - though this is second-nature to Rae, given the Ilythiiri propensity to be blinded by direct sunlight.
  • Again, being a vampire, Raeviir is forced to subsist purely on fresh blood from her victims. This may also add to the existing friction between her and the rest of the party, as Raeviir cannot simply live on bread and water.
  • Raeviir is unfamiliar with firearms, and prefers not to use them.

Equipment:
  • Suffering & Torment (Scimitar and Whip)
  • Deliverance (Longbow)
  • Raeviir's segmented leather armour designed to serve both as protection and as an aid to stealth when necessary
  • A black, hooded Ilythiiric cloak, that is enchanted to render Raeviir almost invisible to normal and infrared sight in conditions of medium to low light, as well as protect Raeviir from sources of extreme heat. The cloak is of little use in direct sunlight when it comes to hiding Raeviir from others, but it retains it's protective abilities.

Short History (Just a summary)

Other Information (In case I missed anything)

Theme: (seeing how many others have one)

Last edited by a moderator:
Character Name: Umbra Draco
Race: Vampyre
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Physical Characteristics
Height:
6'7"
Weight: 267 lbs
Eyes: Gold with red streaks and also slit pupils
Hair: Black and white
Appearance: Umbra is a tall person not wielding any weapons but his fists and the chest of different draegars bloods. He is broad chested with an average sized head and long hair down to the shoulders. His muscylarity is off the charts for a vampyre, he has claws for nails and sharp fangs that can bite through wood.
Mental Characteristics
Outer Personality:
He is a silent man usually, if he is not silent, then he can be angry a majority of the time. If he isn't angry then he is sarcastic.
Inner Personality: Can be kind hearted, he isn't a always a blood thirsty monster that thirsts for Draegar blood. He is also very understanding at points though he doesn't want to show it.
Aspirations: He has none
Traits
Strengths:
Very high agility, can climb trees, mountains and buildings speedily.
Skilled hand to hand combat fighter. He has fought in arenas to prove himself as well before without any weapons against brutes wielding battle axes and maces that could split and shatter bone.
A thief and pickpocket, Umbra has stolen his way to fortune, only having been caught 3 times.
A day walker, he can survive during the day, though weakened slightly, he can still put up a good fight.
Night time brings him great strength.
Draegar blood, is something that he can drink to heal himself.
Weaknesses: The sun is a big weakness, he has to find shadows every five hours or he starts to get sick.
Holy attacks can render him weak, almost dead, but mainly weak.
Umbra can only drink Draegar blood, after drinking it for so long, other bloods have only made him sick.
Fears: Death is his only fear, that and also giant spiders.
Talents: Hand to hand combat - he is known to be one of the best hand to hand combat fighters in the underworld ,next to one of his demonic rivals, Cren the Demon.
Elemental Control - when Umbra drinks different Draegar blood, he can summon elemements to help aid in his hand to hand combat.
Inabilities: Marksmanship - Umbra couldn't even shoot a crossbow if it saved his own life.
Melee Usage - Umbra does not know how to wield a melee weapon whatsoever, plus he has never wielded a shield. He prefers his hand to hand combat over weapons any day though.
Equipment
An enchanted breastplate made entirely out of young Draegar bones, it's enchanted to strengthen his elemental control magic.
Enchanted gauntlets made out of young Draegar bones, it's enchantment is to help defend against magic attacks.
Enchanted battle leggings made out of young Draegar bones, enchanted to give Umbra more strength for jumping.
Enchanted boots made out of young Draegar bones, the enchantment gives him the ability called Ground Storm, where he can kick up a small storm of powdered substance made out of any form of ground he is standing on.
His helmet is made out of young Draegar bones as well, with no enchantment. He carries with him a small chest filled with approximately fifty different vials of dragons blood.
Also inside the chest is a small infinity pouch, something that he got on his travels from killing a very old and powerful Draegar. It holds as many items as the owner of the item wants, from sums of money, to other odds and ends. Right now it only serves as a way to hold his set of scruffy clothing and boots.
Short History Umbra Draco has traveled around the world, searching for the most dangerous Draegar to do battle with, taking their blood as a reward. Every now and then if he sees a job request posted on town boards that have to do with Draegar terrorizing certain areas. He also takes part in arena battles, mainly for the money. He is known as the Draegar Bone Collector, since he takes bones from his kills and uses them for armor. Since being a vampyre he has only drank Draegar blood, due to the fact that that it won't make him sick like any other blood will.
Other Information Nothing else.

@Shienvien: Glad to see another friend from various RP sites (even though I rarely speak in the RP group chat on Skype). Knowing how much you hate character sheets, plus the use of an old CS skeleton for the RP back on RPG, the character is accepted. I'll add them to the cast list.

Speaking of RPG, hello again @Legion X51. I'm assuming that the character is a WIP almost completed (pending on Appearance and applying the History throughout the RP)?

@The Creator of Creators: I see that the character that you've mentioned in the private conversation is up. However, the character needs to be expanded in the terms of the details. If you want an idea of the level of detail, feel free to have a look at one of the characters on the Cast List earlier in this thread.

One of the things that does stand out as a negative is Umbra's weakness to holy magic not killing him (I say remove the 'not killing' part so that he is not completely invulnerable albeit weaker than before). Another thing, which is conflicting, is that he has a strength and a weakness to sunlight. It needs to be either a strength or a weakness. The same applies to the usage of Draegar's blood. Also, Elemental Magic is an 'evolution' of Mana magic which reflects on the inner element of the magister in question. Drinking Draegar's blood or not doesn't change the inner element (and even if that was possible, Draegars are water creatures so the only magic he could use is Water Elemental magic). Finally, there are a lot more 'positive' traits (Strengths & Talents) compared with the 'negative' (Weaknesses, Fears & Inabilities) as it stands. If possible, could you please correct this so there's an even amount of both?

M3

Sorry, I thought there were more than one kind of Draegar, I guess I was confused, I am truely not all there today either, and I posted that when I was extremely tired at the time, I was hoping to be able to use more than one kind of Draegar element though

Your journey will take you to the very edge of the physical realm, and beyond into the domain of the twin gods, where you must do battle with your very soul for redemption. It is such that I throw a white silk about your soul, so that even in the deepest darkness, no matter the vile deeds you must committ in the service of both good and evil, your soul will remain pure and untainted.

Character Name: Elric Aradryan (Real name: Belial Arsovia, the Fallen Angel)
Race: Silvaean - Appears Human due to illusion enchantments
Sexual Orientation: *slap*

Physical Characteristics
Height:
Roughly 5'9"
Weight: 143lbs
Eyes: Stormcloud grey with flecks dark blue - Real eyes are more of a Steel-grey in color, with a few glints of silver around the pupil.
Hair: Short military cut black hair with greying edges. Facial hair is well trimmed, and grey with age - His true appearance bears the silver hair of his heritage, though it seems tarnished with age, streaks of dark grey/green flecked throughout his braided hair. His facial hair is similarly colored, as well as braided into a warrior's knot.
Appearance: To be added soon (WiP)
Outer Personality:

A stoic warrior that has seen extensive combat, Belial is often seen as the grizzled veteran by other mercenaries, as someone too old for the game. He chooses his words carefully, and trusts few with his secrets, for he has learned that those closest to you are often times the first to turn against you. Despite this, he is dedicated to his duty, and highly protective of those he has been charged to escort. Though his services are bought, his loyalty is not, and he has frequently run afoul of those hiring him by simply refusing to carry out an action he has deemed immoral.

Inner Personality:

Within his soul, Belial is a tormented man, consistently haunted by his failures to his people, and his exile. That he can never return home weighs heavily upon him, and is often the driving force behind his actions. He has lived far longer than he knows he should, and as such he not only feels great shame from his past actions, but he also feels unnatural, as if he defies the very nature of life. When alone he is often pensive, struggling against his inner turmoil, and trying to bring balance to his persona. As if that was not enough, he still bears the scars of the Ritual of Eternal Life, the energy of creation marking his soul and casting him into torment while he sleeps. Though he believes it to be yet another punishment for his actions, a trusted friend long ago told him that it was not nature punishing him, but his own psyche. How true those words may be, Belial does not know, and has not given much thought to them since.

Aspirations:

More than any riches, fame or glory, Belial seeks his redemption, and to see his homeland again. The few dreams he has are of the forest he grew up in, and to sit under the boughs of the grove, feeling only the gentle breeze across his face as he finally rests. This dream drives him more than anything to choose the honorable path, and make his name as a good and just man, even if it is by another name.
Fears:

A man who has charged into the breath of dragons, and against insurmountable odds, Belial's fears are not of the physical realm, but instead lie in the psychological. Redemption haunts him as a feat unattainable, and he fears deep down that he will never see his home again. Alongside this, he fears what would happen if his true face were to be revealed, and others would see him as the Silvaean he is, instead of the human he tries so hard to be.

Talents:

Mercenary - Though his primary skill is in the use of his mace, Belial has taken keen to ensure he has at least a competancy with a variety of weapons. Though he will not be skilled in the use of a spear, or a bow, or other weapons, he at least knows their functions, and how to properly wield them. This skill extends to unarmed fighting, though he has taken keen to be as proficeint in unarmed as his primary skill.

Battlemage - His prior experience places him as a competent battle-magister, a mage that utilizes both destructive magicks as well as heavy armor and melee weapons. He is highly skilled in the use of a mace, being the weapon that he first trained with, and despite appearing as only a human of 40, he can bring hundreds of years of experience to bear with frightening capability. While normally mages are encumbered by the armor they wear, Battle-Magisters are highly adept at utilizing their magic in heavy armor due to extensive training as well as enchanting their own armor. Similar to how a skilled Heavy-Infantryman can move as if wearing nothing, the Battle-Magisters have attuned themselves to their armor to the point that it is more of a second skin to them.

Magical Competency - Though he was born a Silvaean, and thusly gifted with the magic of his people, Belial has found a use for other forms of magic he was able to pick up through the years. His capability is lacking in all but the most basic of spells for most magicks, though he has taken well to the use of the fire elemental. With fire on his side, he is able to cast walls of flame to discourage assaults, and counter projectile weapons, as well as launch bolts of fire at opponents. Outside of battle, he is most often seen using his ability to light a cigar, or light the way, carrying a small flame in his hand when he is too lazy to grab his lantern, or he feels the area may be too dangerous and in need of death by fire. His heritage allows him the manipulation of metals, nowadays a skill used for repairing tools or in a pinch against an enemy to melt their blade under cover of a fire-bolt.

The Savage Angel - Once, long ago, Belial was known as the Savage Angel, for the way in which he manipulated metal around his body and used it as an extension of himself. Weaving the metal about him, he was able to forge metal wings and fly above the battle, swooping in to deal devastating blows with his mace, and sow chaos among the enemy. This ability is taxing on his soul, however, for it requires him to reach deep into his magical abilities to sustain. More than that, to use the ability now would expose him for who he truly is, and ruin everything he has been working towards. Despite this, he still weaves metal when he is on his own, to keep his skills sharp, and make sure that he always has that ace in the hole.

Inabilities:

Honor, in a world of the Honorless - Though he is a mercenary, and given to taking jobs for coin, he is known to refuse jobs if he feels they are against his principles. This attitude has gotten him into more than one spot of trouble, especially since he cares not for where he is in a contract, he will terminate it immediately if he feels the duty dishonourable. Oddly enough, he has a bounty on his head for this, from contracters who were none too pleased to have been left in the middle of the job when they demanded too much of him.

Loyal to a fault - Along with his strong sense of honor, Belial is given to strong ties of loyalty, even despite his habit of being slow to trust others. Because of this, he has often been led into situations that would have been much better for him if he had simply known when to say no to someone.

Man of the Old World - Watching the world change has been hard on Belial, and despite having a long time to adjust, he still finds it difficult to adapt to emerging technologies. Firearms rightly irritate him, and seem more prone to failure in his hands than any other, and don't even try to get him into a lift.

Marked Man - Ten thousand runes are writ across his flesh in the ancient script of the Silvaeans, detailing in full their law and how Belial betrayed his entire people in a single night. To any Silvaean that witnesses the runes, he will appear as a man who's words are lies, and cannot ever be trusted. More so, it is clear within the runes, that if he should ever be found within Jaeltreg, or any other holding of the Silvaean people, he is to be executed for his treason. Unfortunately for him, the runes are also rather specific upon how to kill him permanently.

A Shadow - Forget the runes, Belial being revealed as a Silvaean would do irreperable damage to his career as a mercenary, and tarnish his name(again). Many of his contracts have been founded on a deep trust, an understanding of sorts between the parties, that if he was found to be a Silvaean, and not a human as he presented himself to them, what else could he have hid from them?
Composite armor - A custom made suit of ceramic and leather armor, Belial crafted this set sometime after his exile from Jaeltreg. The ceramic is made of a compound of iron-rich clays with threads of mana-steel woven into the pieces as they were formed. Each plate's surface has been treated with a glaze formed of a mixture of bronze and iron powders, as well as dark purple coloration for the recessed plate, and silver for the trim. The plates of the suit overlap in the areas of the thighs, chest, back and shoulders to provide more substantial protection with the remaining open areas consisting of solid plates riveted into the lacquered leather under-layer. Underneath the plates is an undersuit of tooled leather riveted to the ceramic plates, and of a dark red coloration. His helm is a Frog-Mouth helmet composed of the same ceramic, and bears no visible eye-slits, the faceplate instead being a smoothed surface of ceramic. The interior of the helm is enchanted with a transparency illusion spell, making the interior transparent while the exterior remains opaque. Because of the unique construction of the helm, he has been known as the "Faceless" during his time in the Silvaean army.

Travelling attire - Well worn dark-grey greatcoat with a caplet of red cloth and gold trim over his left shoulder, the caplet woven in a quilted pattern around a chainlink mesh which hangs down to his ankles. The caplet actually serves as part of his armor, though he wears it more often as part of his basic traveling attire, due to the protection it serves against piercing weapons. Aside from the greatcoat, he is currently attired in more basic clothing, a light shirt and pants, though he carries more insulated winter wear as well.

- Falcata with a serrated inner edge and tooled leather grip. The hilt is in the shape of a coiled serpent with a tarnished copper base and sunstones set in diamond patterns on the body of the serpent. The blade has been cast out of the same ceramic that his armor is made of, and has been enchanted with numerous wards that bind the blade to him and has given the weapon a mild sentience. As such, those who would take up his blade without his permission suffer from hallucinations and suicidal suggestion until the weapon has been returned. In combat the blade gives off an inate heat that flares up through the use of Belial's magical ability.

- Flanged Mace of solid mana-steel, numerous runes carved into the head and across the length of the shaft denote the history of the weapon. The weapon has no magical ability, but is the weapon that Belial has used the most, and is most skilled in. Each rune carved into the weapon denotes a particular battle and the result of the battle, with some strings carrying across large portions of the mace.

- Left-handed Pata of ceramic, detailed with gold and silver ornamentation on a black lacquer base. The blade extends roughly a meter in length and is a composite material of ceramic and mana-steel entwinned together to form a bi-colored blade that is harder to break than single component blades. The weapon is often worn when Belial travels un-armored, so as to have an element of surprise, as the blade's tip is easily concealed beneath the caplet.

- Right-handed Lantern-Shield constructed of ceramic, and engraved with a mural of a twin-headed dragon wrapped about a metal tree. Though the image has likely long since been forgotten, this shield bears the crest of his house when he used to be part of the Silvaeans, the house which was disbanded upon his exile.

Strange Gem - An oddly shaped gem which seems to glow from within. From first glance, it seems to simply be a roughly cut gem just large enough to sit in the palm of the hand, and glows with a light that shifts depending on where the viewer is standing. What the gem actually is, is a potent arcane item that allows Belial to shroud himself in the appearance of the human which gave him the stone. The way it does this is through a powerful link between Belial's soul and the stored soul of the original caster, and using stored energy within the stone to cast an image around him.

Miscellaneous items:

Enchanted Traveling Lantern
Ancient Medallion bearing the crest of the Silvaean royal family
Soul stones imbued with mana
Spare traveling clothes
Heavy traveling pack
Insulated bedroll
Single-person tent, with heavy tarp
Eight finely rolled cigars
Currency: 30 pieces of gold, and 14 pieces of silver
The flames crackled low in the braziers around the room, each one precisely spaced apart from the others, and from the center of the room. There he knelt, his eyes shut and his breathing shallow. Bruises marked his body even over the brands applied across his torso, his face swollen from the beatings he had suffered in captivity. Slowly, a single eye opened, and he winced in pain as a new wave rushed over him. Looking around the room he found it occupied by the elders of his people, disapproval clear upon their faces. "Belial Arsovia..." The High-Elder, Cairnos Ach-Vairn spoke in the other's stead, as was his duty "For crimes against the Silvaean people, and against the spirits of this forest we call our home, we of the elder council have found you guilty on all accounts. Your actions saw the destruction of the waystone which allowed the forest-spirit to freely walk amongst us, and banished it back into the realm of the gods. No matter that you were defending the temple against Krimntaar invaders, it was your failure that lead to this." Silence dominated the room as the scene played out in his mind, of how the treacherous invader had shielded itself with the waystone, and of how his mace crashed through it. The explosion of magical energy had vaporized the Krimntaar, and thrown him through no less than two stone walls. In truth, he should have died there on the spot, and more and more he wished he had. After the destruction of the stone, all he could remember was a fog of waking up in various cells between the temple and this room, occasionally hearing what he had done. Only after a trusted friend had told him, did he realize his error.

"Normally, this crime would merit a slow and painful death..." Cairnos continued, his expression remaining dour as he looked down upon Belial in chains. "However, in light of your nearly twenty-year service for our country, and the request of your former family, we have chosen to sentence you to a more fitting punishment." He paused for a moment, letting the tension sink in as everyone knew exactly what his sentence was to be. "You will undergo the Ritual of Eternal Life." An audible gasp could be heard, as many did not truly believe that he was to actually be sentenced the ritual. Most of them had been wishing mercy upon him, and hoping that the High-Elder would simply give him death. "Should you survive, Belial, your house will be disbanded, the riches distributed to the other houses, and your family taken in by any who will have them. Not only that, but you will be forever exiled from all Silvaean holdings, and barred from entry under penalty of a final, permanent death. If you die during the ritual, however, it has been decided that we will honor your sacrifice and allow your family to retain their house and wealth, while your name will remain stricken from record. Of course, you could always choose death now..." Silently he looked down at Belial, for once a bit of emotion seemed to show, even if just for him. The look in his eyes seemed to beg him to choose death over this, to simply take the shame upon himself. For a moment, he almost did, he could feel the weight of his shame bearing down on him, and looked into the crowd to see his wife and children watching. That was all he needed to make his decision. "You honor me with the choice, High-Elder, but I will stand by the sentence given to me by the council."

Nodding slowly, and turning before Belial could see the sadness in his eyes, Cairnos beckoned for the ritual to begin and everyone to take a step away from the altar. "Belial." Cairnos addressed him one last time, as the faint whisps of arcane energy began to flow between the braziers and the symbols carved below them. "Few have ever emerged from the Ritual of Eternal Life alive. Nothing I say can prepare you for what you will face, or for the sheer pain that you will endure..." The whisps of magical energy began to glow brighter and move swifter about him, Cairnos' voice starting to fade as his vision blurred and he could feel a strange sensation fill his body. All at once every part of him felt numb and in pain, the world beginning to spin around him as a thousand voices whispered in his ear. The flesh of his hands peeled away to reveal the bare muscle beneath and though he tried to scream, he realized that his lips had fused together. A terrible screeching filled his ears as the world feel out from under him, and he watched as his own body hung in the air while he fell into the infinite abyss below. Even as his body was wracked in torment he never though possible, a part of him started to realize that he was no longer anchored to the physical world, and was in the realm of the gods...

Going to add the appearance and more to the history when I can.

• Love
Speaking of RPG, hello again @Legion X51. I'm assuming that the character is a WIP almost completed (pending on Appearance and applying the History throughout the RP)?
I would prefer to either not talk about Raeviir's history or to play it out ICly. Raeviir's history is not something I write often because I feel uncomfortable writing it, actually. :P

Is it possible to skip the history?

@Mercinus3 Hey there! I'm really sorry to say this, but I think I'll have to quit this. I'm having a really bad time IRL so I don't think I'll be feeling stable enough to write anytime soon.

But seeing these recent new characters, I think the roleplay will do just fine ^_^

I wish all of you all luck and fun and perhaps we'll meet again in better times!

That's all fine, Legion. Just wondering that was all as I've allowed a few players to do that. Your character is accepted and will be added to the cast list.

As mentioned over Skype, your character is fine to be added to the cast list.

@AlidaMaria: It is sad to see an RPer leave the RP, but as I have always said, RL comes first before here. I wish you all the best for the future (and hope that the bad time that you are facing at the moment passes without too much problem). You are more than welcome to rejoin the RP if you want to in the future.

@WitchChild: Are you still having problems with introducing Sareth? I could possibly help out in that department if you wish via conversation.

M3

• Thank You
I am having a bit of trouble to be honest ^^;
A bit of help would be much obliged

Hey guys, apologies for the lack of posting. Starting my Master's course (e.g. familiarizing myself in an educational facility) is taking me a little longer than expected. I shall get a post up for both groups at some point this week.

M3

Status
Not open for further replies.