The Sanguine State

So, which race would you choose?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is everyone in the night club an invited guest? Anastasiya is. She's going after the laptop.

I shall, as I have told Brovo, post either today or tomorrow.

In the interest of full disclosure, I plan to have Doc mingling with humans and vampire alike as a guest, with a goal of eventually trying to get him to the club owner before things get a tad bit more explodey and before anyone asks, yes, explodey is a proper word now, deal with it.

With that being said, I am always willing to adapt my half-crazed plans if it makes life easier for someone else or if it makes events flow better.

Is everyone in the night club an invited guest? Anastasiya is. She's going after the laptop.
Els will be there as a bodyguard, so she will need someone to tag along with so that her cover's not blown. Would you be willing to have my werehyena tagging along behind you?

Els will be there as a bodyguard, so she will need someone to tag along with so that her cover's not blown. Would you be willing to have my werehyena tagging along behind you?
She can come along with Anastasiya and her companion, yes. (:

I'll be posting tomorrow night, but I've got a question. Would my character coming as an invited guest be able to wear his Magitech Lightning gloves, or are they way too conspicuous as a weapon? The mission breakdown thing said invited guests couldn't have heavy munitions or explosives for weaponry, but it made no mention of the magitech gloves.

I was going to wiggle Josephina in as a bodyguard so if she was to look around the nightclub it wouldn't be too suspicious. I'd need someone for her to follow though? Would any invited guests mind her on their heels until the big bang? :)

Jonathan is free if nobody else is up for it.

Anya is also free.

I will have a post up for her in probably an hour.

@Alexa For you, the NPC you requested.

Name: Quintin Valencia.
Sex: Male.
Allegiance: The Restoration Movement.
Description: Standing at 5'9" and weighing in at around 220 Pounds, Quintin was born in Spain and emigrated to the United States as a small time boxer. He spent his youth as a drug runner, moving packages from one area to another whilst attempting to avoid detection. There isn't much else to say about him. (Leaving as much of his personality in the hands of the player as possible.)
Skillsets: CQC, Light Munitions, The Art of Stealth, First Aid.
I'll be posting tomorrow night, but I've got a question. Would my character coming as an invited guest be able to wear his Magitech Lightning gloves, or are they way too conspicuous as a weapon? The mission breakdown thing said invited guests couldn't have heavy munitions or explosives for weaponry, but it made no mention of the magitech gloves.
It's allowed, yes. Just don't be "obvious" with them: IE, don't use them until things go to hell.
I was going to wiggle Josephina in as a bodyguard so if she was to look around the nightclub it wouldn't be too suspicious. I'd need someone for her to follow though? Would any invited guests mind her on their heels until the big bang? :)
You can also throw Josephina with Maurice. He certainly wouldn't mind the company, and he's actually rich so he probably has experience with real bodyguards.

You can also throw Josephina with Maurice. He certainly wouldn't mind the company, and he's actually rich so he probably has experience with real bodyguards.
Sounds good! My post should be up in just a bit.

Would it be a bother to repost my character sheet with Anastasiya's companion since I no longer have the other account?

Would it be a bother to repost my character sheet with Anastasiya's companion since I no longer have the other account?
Not at all. Go ahead.

• Name: Anastasiya Markova

Sex: Female

Race: Vampire

Subfaction: Abolitionist

Biography: Anastasiya is an immigrant from Moscow, Russia with two vampire parents. She was born on July 26th, 2023 within a state of luxury. Her father was a Russian-American business man, working as the managing director for the large corporate company known as the Blood Bank Corporation, entitled to continuing the line of dishing out and experimenting on the phenomenon of immortality. Her mother who was Russian, however, had a much more guarded job in a way, as a journalist with over 15 years of experience. Anastasiya's life was quite successful in terms of education. Her earliest education began when she was four years old, starting a year earlier than your average student in Russia. She was a wonderful listener, likable to everyone around her, and had a daring outlook on life. Anastasiya never failed a grade throughout those years, although when primary school came around, Anastasiya had quite a few minor and major drawbacks. One major drawback in her primary school years caused her to fall back a grade.

At the age of 12 years old, October 7th, 2035, her father was gunned down by elite vampire enforcers in Moscow because he was suspected of tax fraud and refused to act as police told him. Anastasiya's mother could no longer afford to pay taxes on just one income for a luxurious lifestyle and thus, the Markov family's social class dropped down to middle class. Anastasiya's mother quickly sought out a small apartment for just the two of them, and over the next few years, everything became hectic for Anastasiya. Her grades fluctuated constantly; she developed PTSD and continuously had series of major depressive disorder for weeks at a time. This lead to failed attempts at suicide, as well as a time during secondary school in which Anastasiya almost died from starvation, but was quickly revived.

During her teenage years, at 15 years, Anastasiya's mother received a job opportunity that pays higher wage and is more convenient because of location in retrospect of marketing and industry that would allow Anastasiya and her mother to live a much more comfortable lifestyle. The two moved as soon as possible, Anastasiya's mother with a working visa, and found a lovely house within the gated community of North End in Sanguine Capitol. Later on, Anastasiya's mother became a citizen of America and Anastasiya herself, worked hard in earning her bachelor's degree in business, acquiring her first job in employee relations, then later on, to where she stands now, a job as a human resources manager, as well finding herself living in the upper end of the Sanguine Capitol, her past pushed behind her, and everyday being filled with excitement and fulfillment of internal desires.

Motivation: Anastasiya wishes to seek revenge against the elite vampire enforcers who killed her father. Anastasiya was more close to her father than mother in a sense that he was pretty much her role model in every sense of the way. She was influenced by him, understood his outlook on things, and looked up to him as a whole. When her father was killed, she immediately went into a state of turmoil, and thus, grew vengeful against government as a whole, specifically the elite vampire enforcers.
  • vampire-jpg.49047
  • Standard Traits:

Enhanced Senses

Charm

Leadership Ribbon I

Light Munitions

Art of Stealth

Custom Traits:

Pain Illusion, which is the ability to create a false feeling of pain on others.
  • Name: Quintin Valencia

Sex: Male

Allegiance: The Restoration Movement

Description: Standing at 5'9" and weighing in at around 220 Pounds, Quintin was born in Spain and emigrated to the United States as a small time boxer. He spent his youth as a drug runner, moving packages from one area to another whilst attempting to avoid detection. There isn't much else to say about him.

Skillsets: CQC, Light Munitions, The Art of Stealth, First Aid
  • Signature: Alexa

I don't know how lenient you are with your group roleplay members @Brovo, but I'm seriously on the verge of a mental breakdown.

Online and real life are clashing too much, making my life more stressful than what it needs to be that I have no idea what to do with myself anymore. Although I'd love to do this roleplay with everyone, it comes to my mind that at this point in time, I feel like I wouldn't be able to keep up interest within the roleplay.

I want to do it but I just feel so stressed over everything. Unless it doesn't pose a problem that my chatting and roleplaying will be delayed continuously for the time being, I have come to the conclusion that it will be best to leave me out of this group. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Okay then. Good luck Alexa, but as the saying goes, "the show must go on!"

@Everyone: New post coming later today. Need to eat and clean, eat and clean, eat and clean, cleaning cleaning...

Post delayed until later today (Tuesday), due to exhaustion. (Post is taking a bit longer than expected as I'm attaching an action log with it. If you're curious about what that is, ask Tempest or Kadaeux.)

This was going to be part of the bigger OOC post, but since that's delayed with the IC, here's a list of what the four NPCs think of everyone's characters. Just so y'all can get into their heads a bit more. If you like, you can reply with your own... You may find it helpful to both memorizing other people's characters, and learning about your own and how similar or different they are in perspective to you!

• Staznov is a young, chivalrous Russian immigrant.

Karl Rienhoff: "Der'mo (shit), that is a lot of guns. You have fetish for bullets, yes?"

Gabriel Moore: "Nevermind what I said before, you named your fucking gun!"

Alexander Briar: "A rich man helps the poor? Robin Hood, yes, right? I like this."

Josephina Lorraine Anderson: "Gosh ledi (lady), you are... Krasivyy (beautiful)."

Terissa & Dean: "I do not know if I should compliment a strong woman and loyal friend, or point out how fucking crazy both of you are."

Anya Samson: "You are in my league, and you're pretty, and you might one day be in distress, and should that day come, I, Staznov, shall rescue you. Please don't die."

Anastasiya Markova: "Travmirovannyy zhenshchina (the injured woman). If there is anything I can do, you let me know, yes?"

Mafuyu Charles: "You come from a cartoon, but you are pretty. I am confused how I should feel."

Elisabeth "Els" Bower: "One minute, beautiful woman! Next minute, howling mad creature! You are like my mother but with teeth and a pulse instead!"

Terra Conrad & Liz Johnson (LJ): "I feel strange things looking at both of you, but Liz is... Krasivyy. I think I should ask out for coffee."

Jonathan (John, Jones) Wen: "You have reputation for success! Together we will end these pigs like Russians ended the Tsars!"

Pavel Anatolyevich Kazakov, "Doc": "You worked for the enemy once... Now you work for us because of convenience, not out of duty... My father warned me of men like you."

Leonardo "Leo" Ebayan: "First Karl, now you. Either we are lucky to be surrounded by murderous psychopaths, or we should all be counting our days."

Abby Haqim: "You belong in a home, with children, safe and sound. Not out here. Not where you can die."

Jeanne Claudette Richard: "Ty che, blyad? (What the fuck?) I do not know what to think!"
  • Erica is a level headed, cold commander.

Karl Rienhoff: "Expert with firearms, callous disregard for life. A blunt instrument and little else."

Gabriel Moore: "A useful inventor, but suffers the same issue as Rienhoff. Possible mentally damaged. May become a liability."

Alexander Briar: "An admirable though naive man suffering from understandable loss. Definitely worth keeping."

Josephina Lorraine Anderson: "You try too hard to appease physical desires of men, though I can appreciate a woman with a healthy work ethic."

Terissa & Dean: "A pair of violence prone twins truly loyal only to each other, but still useful, and still redeemable. While I'm not sure if they know it, I helped in planning and executing the operation to break Dean out of prison, though he was not my main objective."

Anya Samson: "The way you look upon others strikes me as the very thing we are trying to depose. I'm keeping my eye on you, and possible a bullet."

Anastasiya Markova: "Psychologically scarred. Not prepared for combat. Must keep away from the front line."

Mafuyu Charles: "Your technology is intriguing and makes you useful on the front line."

Elisabeth "Els" Bower: "Though you're a vagabond, your street experience is valuable. I'm sure you can learn better values than petty theft."

Terra Conrad & Liz Johnson (LJ): "You're both admirable if a bit unusual examples of our movement, though the way you two touch each other is odd, and your closer relations may get in the way in a fire fight."

Jonathan (John, Jones) Wen: "You've been on successful operations for years. I can trust you to do what you are ordered to do."

Pavel Anatolyevich Kazakov, "Doc": "While others may not trust you, I know that you were betrayed. Revenge makes for a crude if somewhat powerful motivator, and you're certainly a quick enough learner..."

Leonardo "Leo" Ebayan: "A violent sociopath. I wonder if the abolitionists recruited you out of pity or comradery."

Abby Haqim: "We should train more. Your power could prove useful in the days to come."

Jeanne Claudette Richard: "I won't miss you when you get yourself killed, though I will regret not doing so."
  • Samuel is a fatherly, protective guardian.

Karl Rienhoff: "Ahahaha! Cigars, sunglasses, big guns, vampire movies--you and I are like two sides on the coin of death!"

Gabriel Moore: "Nice gun. I don't really think much of you though, from what I've seen in your eyes, I suspect you don't think much beyond the veil of blood in your vision."

Alexander Briar: "An excellent man of admirable moral stature! I hope you live long enough to realize that you are doing your dead lover a prideful thing, devoting your life to this cause!"

Josephina Lorraine Anderson: "One day we should see who lasts longer in the Gym, kiddo."

Terissa & Dean: "Bonnie! Clyde! Violence!"

Anya Samson: "Little lady, didn't anyone teach you to get off'yer damn high horse? Because I'm about to smack you off."

Anastasiya Markova: "Aw, please, little lady, don't cry! C'mon, I'll introduce you to my kids and you can bunk with us for a night so you ain't alone."

Mafuyu Charles: "Woohoohoo! A woman with a lil' punch!"

Elisabeth "Els" Bower: "Alright Lizzie, you try to avoid my cone of fire and tenderize anyone trying to put a sharp object in my spine, right?"

Terra Conrad & Liz Johnson (LJ): "Oh my god, it's the lesbian Bonnie and Clyde!"

Jonathan (John, Jones) Wen: "You been doin' this 'fer years and you still don't have a nickname beyond John Doe, wolfie? Well sheesh I'll think of one for you. Just give me a few hours. Or days. A dad's sometimes gotta think on a good one you know."

Pavel Anatolyevich Kazakov, "Doc": "Stay away from my kids."

Leonardo "Leo" Ebayan: "Brother, you get a little too into the action, ya dig?"

Abby Haqim: "You got a lot to learn."

Jeanne Claudette Richard: "I'm an asexual hispanic vampire dad, so take it from me when I say that'cher tryin' a little too hard to be womanly, honey."
  • Maurice is a rich alcohol addict attempting to kick addiction.

Karl Rienhoff: "Another rich fuck who profiteers off of killing. You and at least one of my uncles would get along real nicely."

Gabriel Moore: "Oh look, an inventive nigger. Ain't many of those around these parts. Think I like it, though you should probably avoid my parents."

Alexander Briar: "A blue blood fallen from grace, pining over a woman that on life insurance claims is called a peasant. I don't know whether to envy or pity you."

Josephina Lorraine Anderson: "Well won't you be nice for a one night stand. Don't call me back. No, really, don't."

Terissa & Dean: "If you were any closer I'd ask if the doctors separated you from the hip at birth. I admire that kind of loyalty."

Anya Samson: "Finally, someone who understands the way humanity works!"

Anastasiya Markova: "We've all suffered, what the fuck makes you special?"

Mafuyu Charles: "You punch them into me, I'll tear them up, we'll fuck after in the bathroom, and if you ask real nice, I might even call my cousin and have him get you some cocaine."

Elisabeth "Els" Bower: "Well hello there sunshine. You'd be a challenge if I was still that kind of man."

Terra Conrad & Liz Johnson (LJ): "How much? Wait, Terra isn't a hooker?... Oh, my bad. Well then let me reiterate: How many bottles of liquor?"

Jonathan (John, Jones) Wen: "Why are you named John three fucking times? Were you dropped on your head? Does it summon you in a mirror if I say it three times? Oh, you survived multiple years in the force and as a rebel in multiple cells? Well ain't that just fucking amazing for you."

Pavel Anatolyevich Kazakov, "Doc": "A man that my father could appreciate... I don't know how to feel about you. I guess we'll see."

Leonardo "Leo" Ebayan: "Violence really does have a certain... Allure... Doesn't it?"

Abby Haqim: "Go home."

Jeanne Claudette Richard: "Eh'... Mm... Eh'... I've fucked worse. Wait, you're a combatant? Ahahahaha, okay, holy fuck, this should be good. Enemy won't see it coming!"

Action Log

These are events I've cataloged from your characters. This way, you can figure out what and how I responded to you in a nice, summarized manner. Remember, teamwork gives bonuses, whilst stacking several combat-related actions in one post gives negatives.

Actions are put in chronological order based on posting date, unless otherwise stated by post.

Bank Truck (Note: Scripted intro. Not much is expected until freedom is given to players, which is next round.)
PC
--Karl Rienhoff loads up and boards the truck. (Intro.)
--Leonardo "Leo" Ebayan loads up and boards the truck. (Intro.)
--Terra Conrad & Liz Johnson (LJ) load up and board the truck together. LJ would like to reassure you that she does, in fact, hit stuff. (Intro.)
--Mafuyu Charles loads up and boards the truck. (Intro.)
--Leonardo "Leo" Ebayan making commentary, presumable in a moving truck? (Presuming future?)
--Terissa & Dean are ready to RUUMBLE! (Intro.)

NOTE: If nobody blows open an apartment wall, one of the NPCs will do it. Note that you'll be blowing open your way into someone's living room, so feel free to describe what you find so long as it's a reasonable upper-middle class, two bedroom suite.

Nightclub (Note: While the intro is a free card, keep in mind that you have to pursue actions before I can respond. Preferable ones you think will advance the mission objective.)
PC
--Jonathan (John, Jones) Wen enters nightclub, waits for someone to interact with him. (GM will attempt to oblige.)
--Anya Samson enters the nightclub and starts dancing? (GM does not understand plan, but will play along.)
--Josephina Lorraine Anderson enters the nightclub, inquires Maurice about what to do.
--Elisabeth "Els" Bower moves to support Anastasiya. (Unfortunate coincidence: Not possible?)
--Pavel Anatolyevich Chekhov Kazakov, "Doc" goes to interact with "Miss Fuchs" (Limeypanda.) (You two may want to collaborate to speed the process along for your next post.)
--Gabriel Moore heads upstairs, interacts with Staznov.
--Jeanne Claudette Richard harasses talks to Maurice.

MISSING IN ACTION/ABSTAIN (No Post IC)
No Mission
Alexander Briar (@Tonedeaf )
Anastasiya Markova (Player has left the game!)
Abby Haqim (@Pastor Choi )

QUICK REMINDER
I only ask for one paragraph per post. This is more directed at the bank truck people: Action sequences are sometimes prohibitive unless I bloat them, so... :bsmile: If you really want to boost your post length however, consider doing a quick collaborative post with a fellow player or with one of the NPCs with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.