The Runaways: Origin (OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I got a response saying this was still open, so I'll be filling out the character sheet. :)

Alright, I have to ask what time of year this takes place. Winter, spring, some other season? Maybe a specific month? I'm trying to figure out the basic route right now, and I need to know if I should avoid the mountains. :)

Okay! I saw your message and yes I am interested still, things are a bit hectic for me right now though :P

Alright, I have to ask what time of year this takes place. Winter, spring, some other season? Maybe a specific month? I'm trying to figure out the basic route right now, and I need to know if I should avoid the mountains. :)

Present time and season - but since you are starting in NY the weather may be cold in the east.

Okay! I saw your message and yes I am interested still, things are a bit hectic for me right now though :P

I understand, do the best you can manage.

@Everyone: For the sake of time it is the early hours of the next day. We have to consider Senpai's post, in which the character pointed out its early-hours in the morning, so he placed us in the early hours of the next day. In other words 24 hours have passed since we started our journey.

Good to know. Also, living in NY, it's roundabouts 70 degrees, something I consider on the warm side.

I'm having severe writers block I'll do something soon >_<
Take your time. You've been quite consistent with your post and I am grateful for that. So take your time. This will give everyone else the chance to catch up.

Alright. I apologize if the background doesn't make sense. I appreciate any help I can get with editing this to be a bit better. :) I'll be adding an image for Ellie once I finish it.

Name: Elliana Close

Nicknames: Ellie, Li, Liana

Sexuality: Hetero

Appearance: *Placeholder* Elliana has brown, very dark hair. Unless you looked at it in direct sunlight, you would think it was black. Her eyes are also this way, so dark you almost can't tell what color they are. Her skin is relatively pale. She just can't seem to get a tan, no matter how long she sits in the sun. She tends to wear a charcoal gray hoodie, with black jeans. When she goes out in the woods she wears more protective, yet comfortable clothing. She doesn't like tie shoes, so she'll wear closed toe hiking sandals, or boots.

Family: Mother - Diana Close _ Father - Dave Close _ Sister - Angelina Close

Dislikes: Bright Light, Loud Noises, Shellfish, Spicy Food, Desert

Fears: Heights, Death

Strengths: Determined, Courteous, Friendly

Weakness: Paranoid, Stubborn

Normal Talents: Swordsmanship, Hiking, Gardening

Element: Umbra-Kenisis

Personality: Elliana is the kind of person that prefers a hike through the hills to a downtown shopping trip. She still can't understand city life, despite living there for three years. She's the kind of person that seems distant and cold at first, but when she finally opens up, she's a very friendly person.

Background: Elliana can't remember much from her early childhood. What she does remember is growing up in a small house in Virginia. She helped her mother sell the vegetables and fruits they grew in the backyard, as well as the honey and beeswax from the beehives they owned. She loved helping her mother with the plants, and learning about beekeeping from her father.

She didn't have many friends outside her family. Those she did have, were left behind when they moved to New York City in 2011. Elliana didn't like the sudden change from country home to city life. In fact, she detested it. The only bright side were the many trees around the new house. She still helped her mother and sister with the garden, but it was tiny compared to their quarter-acre land they had. And she was just getting used to it, when her powers sprouted up. Friends turned to enemies, and even her family was revealed to be a fraud. She locked herself in her room for two weeks, only coming out every now and then.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, should I post on the thread now, or should I wait and see if someone has suggestions for my character?

What you've written is fine. Go ahead and enter your first post. Read what others have posted so far and if you want to meet up with one of them then put your character at their location.

I'm sorry for the late reply.. Something has come up and I won't be as quick to reply for a while. I'll post when I can though.

Name: Riley Baxter
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Appearance: Riley is the average height for a boy his age, a little under average weight. His skin is just a little darker than the average caucasian, though not quite enough to call it tanned, and is completely free of scars. He has deep blue eyes that usually sit behind a pair of glasses and medium length light brown curls. While lacking in naturally distinguishing marks, he does sport a bit of metal that might help to point him out in a crowd; Two tiny rings in his left ear, two in his right eyebrow and one labret stud.

Family: Susana and Marcus Baxter (Adoptive parents)

Likes: Riley has a taste for fresh fruits, baked goods and Italian food. He enjoys the cooler seasons, listening to different sorts of music and spending time with people or animals, both familiar and not. He's rarely happier than when he's laying around with a lover, hanging out with a pal or chatting it up with someone he just met.

Dislikes: Being alone has always been something that affected Riley's mood negatively, and if he goes too long without at least talking to someone over the phone or scratching some animal behind the ears it tends to really put him in the dumps. Intolerence and arrogance bother him and being ignored tends to be very frustrating for him, though he tends to try at keeping the latter fact hidden.

Fears: Heights, spiders, losing senses (Going blind, deaf, etc)

Strengths: Has a fairly high tolerence for physical pain and is fairly good at covering up inner turmoil as well. He's also pretty flexible, able to fit into tight spaces.

Weakness: Tends to be too trusting of people and can be easily manipulated, also has a hard time sleeping and is often pretty lacking in energy because of it. He's not much of a fighter either, though he's never really considered that a weakness.

Normal Talents: Riley has always been told that he's good with his hands whenever he'd take a crack at massage, many telling him that he has a healing touch. If only they knew.

Element: Vitakinesis

Personality: Riley is a friendly and optimistic sort of person who will often try to solve a conflict by peaceful means or avoid it altogether. Any chance he gets, he'll try to break up a fight before it gets out of hand. He's always been outgoing too, quick to introduce himself to someone and hang out with them before even really getting the chance to get to know them. Not that he wont try to get to know someone, the opposite is true. As for getting to know him it's easy enough, he's an open book and will share anything without hesitation. It doesn't take him long to consider someone a friend and grow close to them, which can be a set-up for heartbreak. In fact it often had been, considering how often his family moved around.

Background: Riley's whole life was spent moving around through New York and cities just off its borders, never settled in one place for more than a couple of years, usually less time than that. While that had definitely kept life interesting, it wasn't exactly ideal for him. He'd made friends and lost them just like that, time and time again. You'd think after a while a kid would stop trying and wouldn't bother getting to know people, but he kept at it anyway and despite trying to stay optimistic and keep a positive opinion of his parents, he couldn't help but feel like they were to blame for most of the sadness in his life. With that thought in mind, he'd started to stray away from the couple and, though he hated to admit it, resent them.

By the time he was fourteen he spent as little time with his family as was possible for him, instead frequenting public parks and coffee shops and going to whatever parties he was aware of. Riley would go to these places and build new relationships without a moment of hesitation, even knowing he'd lose them sooner or later. As a teenager he was well aware of social networking and was very much into it, but chatting with a buddy a few cities away wasn't quite the same as being able to go goof off with them whenever. Being able to keep in touch with some people more long term was pretty nice, but it was still sad to think he'd probably never see some of them again.

Anyhow, on Riley's fifteenth birthday something strange happened. He spent that night riding around the city with his latest group of pals, drinking from a thermos full of alchohol that the oldest of their group had procured for the occassion. As could have been expected, the intoxicated driver smashed into a pole at some point in the night. He and the driver were flung through the windshield and out of the car, beaten and bloodied from the force and all the glass. When one of the passengers in the back ran out to check on them while another called 911, he was shocked to see Riley's wounds closing rapidly. He sat up and groaned as he rubbed his back, as if he'd only tripped and fell or something. The group's driver ended up having to stay in the hospital, but Riley had gone home with his parents that night, only a bit sore whereas his friend was in critical condition. The next morning he didn't even have an ache, feeling just fine as if nothing had even happened. Physically, that is.

Sometime after his friend had been released from the hospital and things got back to normal, Riley had begun to think more about how he'd managed to walk away from that accident unscathed. He originally thought he might have imagined it because he'd been inebriated, but he recalled actually seeing a huge gash in his arm heal itself in almost an instant. Curious, at some point he started to try some things out to see if it had actually happened. First a little cut, then a bigger one, then an even bigger one - Every time, the injuries would heal up in almost no time. These little tests were a bit painful, but the results were fascinating. If it needed to be said, this made him different. He shared his findings with some of his closest friends, but kept it from everyone else at their suggestion. It was unusual for him to have something to hide, but it seemed necessary. If something like this got out there could be consequences.

Before long other strange abilities became apparent to Riley, namely the telekinetic and telepathic powers he unknowingly shared with a handful of others like him. The latter of those two abilities yielded some very interesting information after some time. One morning before he could make it out of the house, he "overheard" a peculiar thought his mother was having. She was debating on whether or not to show Riley the letters she'd recieved from.. His real father? Instead of hurrying out of the house that day he stayed in, waiting until both his parents had left for work to go snooping about through their things. When he found the letters and went through them the thought of running away to find his biological father crossed his mind, but he didn't go through with it until the next year, after the family moved once again and forced Riley to part ways with yet another collection of friends. This was to be the last time, he decided, remembering the letters bore a consistent return address. He would seek out his biological father and spend the rest of his days in his care until he was able to support himself.

Soooo, my character isn't super inspired, but it works, right? I'll try to start working on a starter tomorrow.

Alright, a fellow just-joined-this-RP-er. I still have no idea how I might get my character to join up with another one of these people, or if she'll go it alone. I'll work it out. :I

Together is better, methinks. Player interaction is the difference between roleplay and story writing, right? I was just going to place my guy in Chicago by the end of my first post so I could have him tag along with Mira, I don't see why you couldn't do the same or something like it.

Soooo, my character isn't super inspired, but it works, right? I'll try to start working on a starter tomorrow.

Very good CS. I can already tell I'm going to enjoy your writing. Accepted! (I'll work on finding an image for you but it won't be easy to find a glass wearing, pierced face, not too tan blue-eye, brown-curly hair guy. LOL)

Alright, a fellow just-joined-this-RP-er. I still have no idea how I might get my character to join up with another one of these people, or if she'll go it alone. I'll work it out. :I

LVL makes a good point and gives you a very good suggestion.

I can always rewrite that bit, no big. Of course, if no one minds not having that quick visual ref I have no problem going without either. In any case, I've just started writing my starter post. Expect to see it some time today!

I rather like the no image part and going with description myself.

Alright, my first post is up! Hope it's alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.