THE ROLEPLAY SYSTEM POLL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow and easy wins the race.
I'll confirm this for you and everyone else since I had a private chat with @Diana about it. (I'm pinging her so she can confirm this herself, if she wants.) In the future, there will (probably--never a guarantee, don't expect that from someone who works for you for free!), be a test subsection in the future, so future subforum updates can be beaten to death with a hammer by the public forum goers. There's other things I've confirmed but I'm not sure how much she would want me to share outside of "they're taking care of it", and that staff will be especially thankful for it. Give em' a couple months though, Diana's sick with somethin' fierce, they need to get more input from the forum before acting, and they're investigating a couple more options. :ferret:

• Thank You
Reactions: Squee
Next messy update will be in JANUARY! 8D

In the future, there will (probably--never a guarantee, don't expect that from someone who works for you for free!), be a test subsection in the future, so future subforum updates can be beaten to death with a hammer by the public forum goers
Score! That will make things easier for ya'll (at least it did in my time. Sure beats getting ripped a new one for shit that ain't even your fault).

I do like the new layout. I post almost exclusively from my phone, and the layout for mobile can be a ltitle tricky, but all in all, I don't really find an issue with the wau things are right now.

I don't have much of a problem with the current settings and layout though I would definitely appreciate a watched threads button as well as possibly having the In character thread connected to the other tabs like the ooc, and character sign-up. it makes navigating a bit easier for a newbie like me.

I'm so displeased by the recent changes that it's pointless for me to explain myself, as there's clearly a fundamental and irreconcilable difference of opinion on the matter. I am not likely to ever make an RP here, and I'm hesitant to even join them. I'm only commenting because this pop-up reminder is insistent.

Now that we've been running the new layout of the roleplay sections for a couple weeks, we're ready to poll the member base and see what people feel is super awesome and working, and what is NOT working. Based on the comments and suggestions from you guys, we'll adjust things that we CAN adjust and put the other stuff on a wishlist for the future if we can't.

Our goal for the roleplay system is to be EASY TO USE/UNDERSTAND, HAVE AWESOME TOOLS FOR GMS, and BEING EASY TO MODERATE FOR STAFF.

We'd be very appreciate if you can give us your input!

- What are the things you love about the current system that you want to KEEP and don't wanna give up?

- What are the things you are having a hard time with or find confusing to deal with?

- What are the things you don't like OR don't feel is useful for you as a roleplayer/GM?

- What is MISSING that you really wish was a feature?

- If you are (or had to) work as a moderator for the roleplay sections, what are things that would be confusing or a problem for you?

- OTHER COMMENTARY!
I must say that I don't use things nearly as much as it is possible, but I like the menu set up. And the ability to put images next to the title. Other than that I like it very much =)
Ps. I've told rp'ers about this site, and they like this one better than the previous one they used ;) I've converted people to our cult! Woo!

What are the things you love about the current system that you want to KEEP and don't wanna give up?
The Graveyard. (Love to keep my old threads for memories, inspiration, and relaunch) Losing my old threads was a big reason as to why I switched sites to this one.

What are the things you are having a hard time with or find confusing to deal with?
Nothing seems too confusing as of now. The overview star through me off at first though.

What are the things you don't like OR don't feel is useful for you as a roleplayer/GM?
There are many things on this site that aren't useful to me personally, but I don't mind them. (Might need in the future anyway)

What is MISSING that you really wish was a feature?

1. A separate tab for conversation history in the "Your content" section. This way you can get to your thread history faster. (It's quite frustrating sometimes how it is)

2. Being able to see viewing activity inside the threads (of members you aren't following) without waiting for someone to post in order to do so.
This would help Gm's recruit or check in with potential interests conveniently.

3. The ability (as Gm) to delete unwanted posts without having to deal with a staff member who takes their sweet time to get back to you. An automatic time limit feature could be implemented for the deletions. That way those who post in a thread without permission or accidentally, can save their content without losing it if they wish.

If you are (or had to) work as a moderator for the roleplay sections, what are things that would be confusing or a problem for you?
Currently, I'm not interested in being a mod. I have other things to do in real life that require/steal my attention.

Last edited:
1. Sending PM's to yourself (I'd personally like to save secret/upcoming RP content and work on them whenever you want without losing the format) This would save having to remember to copy and paste in the conversation draft every 24 hours. I'm aware that you could type the content anywhere else and format it after, but that's inconvenient and annoying
This is why you're allowed to use your blogs for roleplay drafts and make entries private to yourself :3

Ah... Learn something new everyday ;p Thanks @Noctis the Devious --- I'll edit that one out

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
I like the style, but it's kind of disorganized at best. I am hosting an RP, but I can't edit the cast list.

I like the style, but it's kind of disorganized at best. I am hosting an RP, but I can't edit the cast list.
You should be able to find it if you click "edit roleplay" and scroll down to the right editor box.

One little thing; would it be possible to have a dropdown next to inbox and alerts in the top right with watched threads? would be useful for navigating to threads.

Can we please has an auto save for roleplay creation even for already created roleplays? Please with a cherry on top? Pretty please? You have no idea how much I lost just now when my step father randomly reset the router ;c

Status
Not open for further replies.