THE ROLEPLAY SYSTEM POLL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
- What are the things you love about the current system that you want to KEEP and don't wanna give up?
I really, really like the tabs. I had to get used to it at first, but now I really like it.

Also the IC/alternate SU button link is really nifty. Am I overusing the word 'really' there to emphasise my fondness over these features?

Asides from that, being able to reassign resources is neat. That feature came into view just at the right moment~
- What are the things you are having a hard time with or find confusing to deal with?
The sub-forums in general, the IC/Info sub-forums (these especially).

Or how only an 'update' bumps up your role play. I'm also a little displeased how there are no separate S/U threads for the 1x1's, though it is also understandable. I did hear about some interesting update for the cast list.

It is also confusing that I can't watch my own role plays resources, now I worry that I will miss out on alerts for them, which is needless because I have watched the threads belonging to them. o_o

Maybe I'm just a worry wart.
- What are the things you don't like OR don't feel is useful for you as a roleplayer/GM?
I don't see the point of listing other resources we created. Most of the time it is information that doesn't interest the role player.

And the role play icons for the resources. Bleh. Now I got to worry about one more fitting image.

What I especially dislike is how the 'update' also leaves a post in the resource. It is nice to see the resource bumped up, but if it is going under the tab of 'updates' anyway, why another 'ooc' post? It... It... makes me want to cry.
- What is MISSING that you really wish was a feature?
I heard that with some future updates, at least with the 1x1's, that you guys are hoping for it that the role players (involved) can add in their characters to the 'cast-list' of the resource themselves? It does sound really nice, especially for 1x1's. It would be a great bonus especially if the GM can delete/drop characters from said list as well when they are out of the game, but I will stick my hopes to the first part first.

The ability to create your own tabs. Like so many others are asking for as well. I'm just parroting, but my inner organisation freak would be really happy.

Assign Co-GM's to resources with set responsibilities as a GM? That one would be really nice, but it also sounds kind of dreamy. I'm not sure how realistic this is, but it would be amazing.

Last edited:
1) I like most of the things on the site and i don't wish to see anything go away. You guys are currently doing good so far and the number of people joining and playing everyday tells you that.

2) I feel like trying to find the topics you post in confuse me, it would be better if you just add a participation button that lets you go back to any thread you posted in the past.

3) I never liked the Chatroom, its mostly because everytime i go on it nobody's on, so i don't use it that much which is unfortunate because i wanted to chat with a few people here, oh well..

4) Like i said above, a participation button would be helpful to players who want to go to a past thread they posted in.

5) The fact most of the IC Threads is one thread instead of multiple. I would add a feature where you can make multiple threads but add them in a group, so for example when your in the IC section and see the title of the roleplay your playing in, clicking on it will load up a list of threads related to the roleplay.

6) I'm kind of new here so i might not know if any of the things i suggested were already added, but if they were lucky us!

Reactions: Varith
- What are the things you love about the current system that you want to KEEP and don't wanna give up?

I love the overview. It is amazing to have a place where I can stick all the information about the roleplay that isn't the opening post.

- What are the things you are having a hard time with or find confusing to deal with?

For the most part, I'm getting okay with it. The things I have a hard time doing with it are related to CV duties, so I'll answer that... \/​ down there. :D

- What are the things you don't like OR don't feel is useful for you as a roleplayer/GM?

The update feature is pretty much useless in the one on one section, which is kind of a shame because it would be nice to be able to post plot summary updates at certain points in the story.

CUSTOMIZABLE TABS! I'm sure this has already been mentioned, but being able to have an IC tab, being able to link up whatever threads you want to the story through actual tabs, that would be amazing.

The other thing that is really missing is a "more options" button for editing the overview, which takes it into an individualized area that takes up most of the screen and, most importantly, allows you to preview the thread. Many of the openers I do are highly formatted, and it is really hard to judge how it will look when the window is so narrow.

It is really obnoxious that it isn't possible to remove threads from the "your roleplay" category, or organize it at all. I have active roleplays that are way at the bottom, and a couple deleted threads right at the top, and I can't get rid of them, and it is driving me insane.

- If you are (or had to) work as a moderator for the roleplay sections, what are things that would be confusing or a problem for you?

Having things not update by post date is challenging, but I've learned to work with it for One on Ones. It is still a pain in the butt for group roleplays, though, especially since the IC isn't linked via a tab to the thread.

The thing, oddly enough, that is most bothering me is the fact that the archived threads aren't hidden from the overview. I tend to scan through for deleted threads to keep things clean, only to find deleted threads that are already in the archives. I've started purposefully avoiding ever looking at the main roleplay page for that reason.

- OTHER COMMENTARY!

It would be really, really helpful to have a guide/FAQ for this new system. It is rather simple once you get into it, but at first glance it is utterly terrifying. I think it would be very nice if there was a simple guide for members, new and old, to help them integrate from whatever system they were using before.

[BCOLOR=#000000]- What are the things you love about the current system that you want to KEEP and don't wanna give up?[/BCOLOR]

I like most of the features. I actually came to love Iwaku more and more as the changes are made to accommodate convenience for everyone.

[BCOLOR=#000000]- What are the things you are having a hard time with or find confusing to deal with?[/BCOLOR]

The fact that it's new means it takes getting used to but I see that the changes are upgrades so in general, I eventually learn my way around. I think it's coincidental that every time I come back from a period of inactivity, there's something different about the way the site works. This gives me quite a bit of a culture shock. I try to learn what happened and why and how things work, I get a bit exhausted but I manage. After another period of inactivity, there's something new again. This is really exciting and all, so it's mostly my fault that I get confused and decided I'm gonna minimize the roleplays I join until I'm adept. Sorry!!

[BCOLOR=#000000]- What are the things you don't like OR don't feel is useful for you as a roleplayer/GM?[/BCOLOR]

None! Like I keep saying, things keep getting better here. I'm very happy about it. I do feel like an elderly who was left in a time that was long gone after every evolution, though. Haha!

[BCOLOR=#000000]- What is MISSING that you really wish was a feature?[/BCOLOR]

I don't think it's a feature but wouldn't a video tour of the site be cool? It could show the forum tools and how it works. Some people (ahem) learn by visual representation, after all. Or maybe a guided tour through a recording like in museums! "On the tabs to the right of your screen you'll see the..."

[BCOLOR=#000000]- If you are (or had to) work as a moderator for the roleplay sections, what are things that would be confusing or a problem for you?[/BCOLOR]

I'm not quite sure what the job description of a mod is, so I don't really know. It does seem to me that everything now is organized in a very efficient way though. Not sure if there'd be technical problems to handle and the rest goes to player behaviors maybe?

[BCOLOR=#000000]- OTHER COMMENTARY![/BCOLOR]

Thanks for all your hard work! I really appreciate everyone who is involved in Iwaku's constant growth! I can't do much for the site, but I'm happy to be a member and I can really say this is the best roleplay community I've ever known.

I'm not sure if this has been requested in the past, but I think that allowing roleplays to be edited by multiple users would be very helpful! So, either GMs or people who just help control the roleplay group can easily edit the roleplay just as the creator can. It also would help people who have one on one roleplays, so that both people can control the roleplay!

My idea in how the system would work would be similar to how the PMs work; you have to add them to the edit list just like you add them to the conversation.

That is all that I could think of at the moment, so I'll end it with that!

The cast list tab. No matter if 1x1 or group roleplay. It is useful to have all characters at a close place. Or at least closer than another thread.
Finding the actual button for putting up roleplays in the new layout.
The tag line. Some things are just not meant to be described shortly, so I usually just re-post the title in most cases.
Also, I am not sure if the rules tab is necessary. Rules don't need that much space and I am used to put them at the bottom of the description.
The ability to merge, edit, and delete all posts within the roleplay as if they were yours. Some people don't play by the rules, make mistakes, or just invade roleplays without signing up or asking. I remember having that feature some time ago, and it allowed GM's to fix their roleplays by themselves. I don't mind asking a mod for help, but I like it more if I can do it myself.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Pachamac
Also, bring back the easy to access watched threads button, pretty please...
YES THIS PLEASE.

I know it's a minor thing, but that extra click to get to the watched threads page is pretty annoying. I have zero use for the "unread watched threads" page. I always click right to "all watched threads" -- the thing I'm looking for. It would be nice to be able to get right back to that again.

Also, the "overview" tab is kind of useless. It doesn't do anything that the OP of the OOC can't do. While I do like that things such as the character list and rules have their own tabs now, everything else in the overview just got copied back to the OOC. And since there's little reason to edit the overview now, it just sort of feels... superfluous, and disconnected from everything else. I only ever visit that page when I want to edit the character list or whatever.

Speaking of which, it would be nice if the "edit roleplay" button could be broken up by tab, so that, if I want to edit the character list, I'll have the button for that right there, and then I'll be able to just that -- instead of needing to go to the overview to click "edit roleplay" and then scroll down to the right editor box.

Also, custom tabs would be nice. And... is there already a way to give co-GM's the ability to access the "edit roleplay" panel and so forth? If not, that could also be convenient.

I like uhh... The tabs. They don't quite work the way I want though. You know why. :ferret: I do like the subtext underneath the titles as well. It allows you to put a hook there to draw in new players. That's always nice... Kind of like excerpts on the backs of novels, and how their purpose is to draw you in.
Nothing in particular at this time, aside from the fact that the overview tab and first post of the OOC now serve the same, identical purpose, for seemingly little more reason than to add clutter.
KISS is your friend. This current system added complexity that the old system didn't have, for seemingly no more reason than that we can now have pretty avatars on our forum RP's. Avatars that, I might add, most either do not use, or set to be the same as their forum avatar. So basically, this current system only served to do nothing more than over-complicate what otherwise works identically as before.

Comparatively, there is no reason to keep this current system. Any function the overview tab serves is covered by an OOC first post, and the clusterfuck of buttons on the right side looks aesthetically horrendous. I'm sorry there really isn't a nicer way of putting it without rendering the response meaningless. :ferret:
If the current tab system allowed me to create an IC thread as well as an OOC thread and tie them together under the overview tab, then the current system would be amazing and I would adore it and sing its praises. As it currently stands, it doesn't accomplish that task whatsoever, and from previous conversations we've had on Skype, it physically can't either. The overview system could allow multiple IC threads to be linked to it, but it's not possible to do that either in its current state.
- If you are (or had to) work as a moderator for the roleplay sections, what are things that would be confusing or a problem for you?
I don't think any of it would be particularly confusing. It's mostly as a GM or Player that the entire system is a pointlessly overcomplicated mess. From an observer's standpoint, it looks fine.
- OTHER COMMENTARY!
The site is still perfectly usable as it is, and if nothing were to change for six months, I'd be happy with that. But to tl;dr my previous commentary...
  • The current system's overview tab does not serve any useful, additional functions, that the old "first post OOC" system didn't do already. All this does is add additional tabs for seemingly no reason at all.
  • I would like to have an IC thread and OOC thread linked into the same overview, but understand this is not really possible, so I'd only be pissing into the wind to demand this as a feature. :ferret:
  • To improve the current system (if you seriously intend to keep using this), having the ability to create multiple IC thread links from the overview would finally give it a function that the old system didn't perform well at all. Especially if you could rename those IC links, akin to how you can rename [spoilerbb] tabs. That would give the current system some actual, feasibly useful utility to justify some of its added complexity.
  • Increase the size limit of the hook subtext to a paragraph. A small paragraph. That way, people can actually inform you via short summary exactly what the story is, so you can decide right on the front page if that interests you or not. It would also reward people to improve their writing to some degree so as to properly understand how to do summaries. :ferret:

Last edited:
I believe that there should be a watch thread option. Which is currently the only issue I see at this point in time.

My wishlist includes the ability to download PM's, where I do ALL of my roleplaying, so I won't lose any. Fun fact: Out of the 200 conversations capability of the inbox, in a year and half, I am at 40 roleplays for a combined estimate of 18,800 posts (half of which are mine). That's an average of 470 posts per RP. I've copied and pasted the ones that would kill me to lose, but the ability to download all of them would save me so much time and worry should something happen to the site. RP gods be merciful.

I'm sorry you had to look at that math with your own two eyes! But that inbox is a savior for shy, possessive people like me. Going through and re-reading old RPs is like comfort food, so.... yeah. Downloading PM's, please.

I believe that there should be a watch thread option. Which is currently the only issue I see at this point in time.
There... is a watch thread option, though.

The only issue with the watched threads system -- as far as I can tell -- is that clicking the "watched threads" button takes you only to your list of unread watched threads (which is pretty useless for people who have no issues getting notifications about threads in other ways, and use the 'watched threads' system as a convenient way of accessing those threads -- me being one of those people), and, therefore, you have to click the "all watched threads" link from there to get to your actual list of watched threads.

The issue isn't that you can't watch threads -- it's just that the watched threads list takes an extra click to get to. Which is annoying, yes, but it's not as bad as not being able to watch threads at all.

Oh I didn't notice that ... Thank you for pointing that out to me so that I'm aware of it now.

There... is a watch thread option, though.

The only issue with the watched threads system -- as far as I can tell -- is that clicking the "watched threads" button takes you only to your list of unread watched threads (which is pretty useless for people who have no issues getting notifications about threads in other ways, and use the 'watched threads' system as a convenient way of accessing those threads -- me being one of those people), and, therefore, you have to click the "all watched threads" link from there to get to your actual list of watched threads.

The issue isn't that you can't watch threads -- it's just that the watched threads list takes an extra click to get to. Which is annoying, yes, but it's not as bad as not being able to watch threads at all.
Oh I didn't notice that ... Thank you for pointing that out to me so that I'm aware of it now.

All of what Brovo said. I can't agree with him more. I can understand what the ideal of this new system, the better to facilitate... rp finding and joining? But imo it adds essentially nothing but useless clutter and serves no real benefit that the previous system didn't already have. I'm not really a fan?

Also please let us be able to 'x' out that horrendously huge information box that appears on every ooc page, please?

I don't like that there's this... Fracture in the roleplays. I still go to "watched threads" to find my roleplays and yet we're using the "roleplays" system now instead of the thread system, yeah? I find that on my phone it's the worst experience because you guys didn't actually make the mobile version capable of accessing the watched threads tab and so my roleplays can't be found by my players on mobile devices by sinple means. They have to use "tricks" by bookmarking posts to use to access the roleplays from the phone or using old alerts.

Meh, I don't know. I'm one of those people who thought the old system was just fine lol. It was easy to find things and the site was assimilated wholly to that system. I feel like it's just less user friendly now. I'm my roleplays I don't really utilize most the new features, my players don't seem to. It's just not a good time and I miss old iwaku lol.

But then, perhaps it's a matter of learning.

EDIT:

I Guess it just annoys me that my RP's didn't get switched over? They're not easily accesible because the site is based around the new systems, and I have no idea how to even find them if I'm trying to access them as an outsider by just searching for it in the threads. I also don't get the option of adding the fancy little pictures etc. My roleplay IC never got changed to this fancy thread system so.... I'm not sure why its still an old thread when my OOC seems to have changed over. Does this mean I have to leave behind all the story that's been written up until now and start a new thread to be a part of this new system? Because that's highly undesirable :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Also please let us be able to 'x' out that horrendously huge information box that appears on every ooc page, please?
YES THIS.

I know that there's a new RP system. I know that the OP of my OOC wasn't deleted and just moved to the overview. I understood everything I needed to know about the update as of the first or second time reading it. Now I don't see why we can't X out of that notice. @_@

I Guess it just annoys me that my RP's didn't get switched over? They're not easily accesible because the site is based around the new systems, and I have no idea how to even find them if I'm trying to access them as an outsider by just searching for it in the threads. I also don't get the option of adding the fancy little pictures etc. My roleplay IC never got changed to this fancy thread system so.... I'm not sure why its still an old thread when my OOC seems to have changed over. Does this mean I have to leave behind all the story that's been written up until now and start a new thread to be a part of this new system? Because that's highly undesirable :(
No IC thread is part of the new system (except for one x one roleplays that only has IC threads) it is only the OOC thread that is part of the new system, threads that are created after the first "come join my rp" thread are posted in the old system and linked through the OOC overview.

As for your watched threads list, you can access it from mobile phones by clicking on the "show all" button in your alerts, and then click the watched threads on the page you get to. (Either it will be on the side of the page or it will be in a drop down box above the alerts. It depends on your screen.) The loss of the forum's fast buttons (such as watched threads) is a bug and that affects all devices when the screen becomes too small.

No IC thread is part of the new system (except for one x one roleplays that only has IC threads) it is only the OOC thread that is part of the new system, threads that are created after the first "come join my rp" thread are posted in the old system and linked through the OOC overview.

As for your watched threads list, you can access it from mobile phones by clicking on the "show all" button in your alerts, and then click the watched threads on the page you get to. (Either it will be on the side of the page or it will be in a drop down box above the alerts. It depends on your screen.) The loss of the forum's fast buttons (such as watched threads) is a bug and that affects all devices when the screen becomes too small.
O_O You. Are jesus. Thank you. :)

None of it is sacrosanct to me, honestly. I would be okay with all of the new system being scrapped and going back to what we had before. I'm more or less okay with the current system as well, but nothing it adds is so good that I couldn't give it up.

I don't find any of it confusing or challenging, but there are some things I dislike. See below.

The ton of information and buttons off to the right side (or below everything else on mobile because lolsmallscreen) in the overview is messy and bad. This is largely because the big rectangular link buttons look chunky and awful. To make it worse, the buttons come in three separate sizes: one size for the In Character link button is one size, the View Roleplay link button is another size, and the six link buttons under the Creating Additional Threads heading are yet another size. Oh, and those headings look similar to the buttons themselves and contribute to the whole thing looking like a mess. This is just a thing I don't like, because there's definitely useful stuff in there, it's just an aesthetic abomination that could do with an overhaul. Uniform button sizes (that are smaller than the heading boxes ideally) and a more distinct coloration difference between heading and button boxes would do wonders for making the thing look better.

This roleplay system existing for one on one roleplays is strange and doesn't seem useful. It has nice organizational tools to deal with large numbers of people, but they're kind of pointless for one on one roleplays, especially considering how the common standard is for people to lay out their premise and ground rules in their partner search threads thus the overview and rules tabs are kinda redundant at that point. The cast list tab is a toss up between kind of useful (because both participants should know who writes which characters if they're using multiple characters and other people have no need for a cast list) or totally useless (if each person plays only one character). Updates are just completely broken for 1x1 roleplays because they slam an OOC post into the IC thread. It just doesn't mesh well at all.

The list of other roleplays created by that person is odd. It serves very little useful purpose other than to allow people to be creepy stalkers even when someone has their profile set to private, and I feel like that's not something we really want.

As others have rightly said, the biggest missing thing is customizable tabs. I know you can't really do anything to add these right now and can't help the fact that the addons that currently exist to try to make it work are too buggy, but honestly I wish the new roleplay system hadn't been implemented at all in its current state because without this convenient grouping of all relevant things into the tab system it feels broken and incomplete, like a business billed as a one-stop shopping retailer but they keep their food off in a separate building a few blocks away. All the tabs do currently is awkwardly separate all the contents of a traditional OOC thread: what used to be the opening post is now the Overview tab, with the option of further segmenting OP contents by placing rules and a cast list in their own tabs, and then everything else from the traditional OOC thread is in the Thread tab... except for updates, which are just special snowflake versions of the GM posting something in a traditional OOC thread. Without the functionality of making the IC thread (and any other related threads, like a character gallery or whatever) also tied into the tab system then all we have is an awkward break up of the old OOC thread format that worked just fine for years and would have continued to be just fine until the fancy system was actually made to work with custom tabs and such. Everything but the compartmentalization of first OOC post contents works effectively the same as it did before the system was implemented, with nothing really gained but complexity for complexity sake.

The ability to link more than two other threads to the overview would be great, whether or not custom tabs become a thing in the future. Y'know how people are all sorts of upset about the lack of group creation because the groups system is ancient and broken? The ability to link a large number of threads to a roleplay resource would for most purposes replace the functionality of the group system while also giving people better tools for making large roleplays that could reasonably call for multiple IC threads. I recall seeing something about a desire to let people more easily make universe roleplays similar to Ilium, and this would accomplish exactly that with minimal fuss.

Inherent genre sorting in interest checks. The tags system is okay, but it's far more convenient and intuitive to just go "hmmm, I wanna play fantasy, so I'll go check the fantasy interest checks." The tagging system both requires a search and requires the thread creator to accurately tag their roleplay; searching is a bother compared to just clicking the section you want, and GMs who label their things incorrectly or not at all appear to be common from what I've seen in my recent RP searching. Dumping all the group roleplay interest checks into one section and 1x1 interest checks into another makes it horrible to try to find something specific. I would like to see the return of those genre subforums for interest checks, or at the very least the addition of thread prefixes to those sections that match the list of genre sections (fantasy, horror, dice, etc. for group interest checks; romance, drama, combat, etc. for one on one partner searches). Alternatively, if you could make the tag system have like a single mandatory tag from a drop down selection that is a list of genres, meaning a person can't create a roleplay thread without selecting an appropriate genre tag, then it would also alleviate the major issues with tagging systems. I have a feeling that just adding more prefix selections will be the simpler option though. :P

To be honest, I've mostly stopped helping out with moderating the roleplay sections ever since the new system came into play. Part of the reason for this is because of how annoying it is to find which threads are inactive and need to be archived. The overviews are basically worthless for this purpose because their date order is based on the use of the update function rather than posting in the auto-created thread. That means we either have to crawl through all the roleplays in a single section and go check all their linked threads manually (which is a pain in the ass process now: open overview, click Thread tab, go to last page, scroll down to check post date on last post to see if it was more than a month ago, go back to overview tab, click In Character link to the right/below the overview info, go to last page, scroll down to check post date on last post; contrast this to the former ease of open the IC and OOC areas of one genre, see if any in either one have had no activity in a month, cross reference to make sure the related thread in the other section is also inactive), or we have to go check the full listing of hundreds of IC and OOC threads in their subforums and just ignore the new system overview stuff until we find a roleplay that needs to be archived. It's just a pain in the ass, and we've got CVs to do the grunt work so I've stopped bothering and have moved to sweeping up the old shit from non-RP sections of the site once a week instead. >_>

So, the takeaways from the above rant paragraph are this: the roleplay overviews being sorted by last use of the update feature makes it a pain in the ass to moderate via the new system and having all the group/1x1 IC and OOC threads shoved into large holding pens rather than being chunked into more manageable numbers by genre separation makes it a pain in the ass to moderate via the old ways. The fact of the pain in the ass status is evident upon a quick cruise through the IC thread area for group roleplays, specifically the two pages worth of inactive threads that are just... still sitting there, with plenty of those threads having a last activity date going back to August or earlier. Same story for the group OOC threads section. It's pretty clear that there's a lot of confusion going on that's causing the janitorial duties to not be performed correctly. Something is fucky there, and I don't know if it's a matter of people just not even trying to moderate the group section because of the complexity or trying it and doing it wrong because of confusions. Hoever, The One on One sections look nice and clean, so kudos to the staff and CVs keeping on top of that. I'd have to guess that is due in large part to how the auto-created thread is the only thread used by most one on one roleplays, thus making it take much less effort to do janitorial work there than group roleplays require (check list of one on one IC threads, go to the end of the list to find any with more than a month of inactivity, confirm that it's not one of the ~dozen with an OOC thread, done).

- OTHER COMMENTARY!

I probably sound like a naysaying dickhead, which to be fair I am, but I don't exactly loathe the new system. I just don't see any point in lavishing praise on the things I like when I've already made such a TL;DR post of constructive criticism. :P

To be honest, I've mostly stopped helping out with moderating the roleplay sections ever since the new system came into play. Part of the reason for this is because of how annoying it is to find which threads are inactive and need to be archived. The overviews are basically worthless for this purpose because their date order is based on the use of the update function rather than posting in the auto-created thread. That means we either have to crawl through all the roleplays in a single section and go check all their linked threads manually (which is a pain in the ass process now: open overview, click Thread tab, go to last page, scroll down to check post date on last post to see if it was more than a month ago, go back to overview tab, click In Character link to the right/below the overview info, go to last page, scroll down to check post date on last post; contrast this to the former ease of open the IC and OOC areas of one genre, see if any in either one have had no activity in a month, cross reference to make sure the related thread in the other section is also inactive), or we have to go check the full listing of hundreds of IC and OOC threads in their subforums and just ignore the new system overview stuff until we find a roleplay that needs to be archived. It's just a pain in the ass, and we've got CVs to do the grunt work so I've stopped bothering and have moved to sweeping up the old shit from non-RP sections of the site once a week instead. >_>

So, the takeaways from the above rant paragraph are this: the roleplay overviews being sorted by last use of the update feature makes it a pain in the ass to moderate via the new system and having all the group/1x1 IC and OOC threads shoved into large holding pens rather than being chunked into more manageable numbers by genre separation makes it a pain in the ass to moderate via the old ways. The fact of the pain in the ass status is evident upon a quick cruise through the IC thread area for group roleplays, specifically the two pages worth of inactive threads that are just... still sitting there, with plenty of those threads having a last activity date going back to August or earlier. Same story for the group OOC threads section. It's pretty clear that there's a lot of confusion going on that's causing the janitorial duties to not be performed correctly. Something is fucky there, and I don't know if it's a matter of people just not even trying to moderate the group section because of the complexity or trying it and doing it wrong because of confusions. Hoever, The One on One sections look nice and clean, so kudos to the staff and CVs keeping on top of that. I'd have to guess that is due in large part to how the auto-created thread is the only thread used by most one on one roleplays, thus making it take much less effort to do janitorial work there than group roleplays require (check list of one on one IC threads, go to the end of the list to find any with more than a month of inactivity, confirm that it's not one of the ~dozen with an OOC thread, done).

I have to say I agree with this written by Jorick. I've been working on the Fandom group section slowly and it's very difficult to find the date when threads need to be archived. So, slowly, I've been going thread by thread checking them out. Since the process takes longer, I feel it takes up MORE of my time--thus resulting in far less threads being archived by me. Before, if I had a spare minute, it was easy to scan and archive, but now with my spare minutes I end up tagging threads because archiving is far to difficult to do on the go.

Another thing I forgot to mention that has nothing to do with what I wrote above: roleplay resources. Although people aren't allowed to label their resource as ooc or sign-up, some people would still like to label their OOC thread with the words ooc or sign-up in the title. However, when you create a resource you can't name your ooc thread directly--since it is auto created to have the same name as the recourse. It would be nice if there was a way to distinguish between naming the recourse and the ooc so people can put terms like "sign-ups" in the title of their ooc thread without having to put it in the recourse.

Another thing I've noticed as a CV, when I go through recourse titles and take "ooc" or "sign-ups" out of the titles it takes it out of the OOC thread automatically as well. So I always have to manually go back to the OOC thread and put "ooc" or "sign-ups" back in after I edit the recourse. It would be nice if removing it ONLY took it out of the recourse and NOT the ooc thread automatically with it. Because, a majority of people DO WANT ooc / sign-ups in their OOC thread title and seem unhappy when it's removed.​

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Status
Not open for further replies.