The Rhyme of a Nursery.

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just waiting for someone to interact with my character ^_^
Sorry dearie, I'll get right to work on a post.
Riiiiight after I change my siggy. <.<
Told you I procrastinate a lot.

I'm procrastinating right now just watching Once Upon A Time. ^^;
Another day wasted. Doing nothing but make things look pretty and eat a whole bunch of food.
I can totally relate. Now that I've got AP, STEM, and ASL II this year, things are definitely going to be hard now that I've gotten into the habit of procrastinating until the last minute. Which is.. Right now.
Procrastination is second nature for me. I've had serious attention problems my entire life. I used to cry and slam my head against the table a lot as a kid, because I couldn't pay attention no matter how hard I tried. The only ways I could concentrate on school for even five minutes at a time was if I was standing on my head or running on circles. Luckily I've mellowed out a lotttttt in recent years. I still can only sit through a class if I rock back and forth (or spin! or both!) while doing so, and the teacher gives me a bunch of activities and questions and worksheets to keep me busy. I'm pretty sure I'm the most obnoxious kid in class because of it. >:I

Anddddd, may I inquire as to what ASL stands for? Could it possibly be American Sign Language? Or is it something else?

Procrastination is second nature for me. I've had serious attention problems my entire life. I used to cry and slam my head against the table a lot as a kid, because I couldn't pay attention no matter how hard I tried. The only ways I could concentrate on school for even five minutes at a time was if I was standing on my head or running on circles. Luckily I've mellowed out a lotttttt in recent years. I still can only sit through a class if I rock back and forth (or spin! or both!) while doing so, and the teacher gives me a bunch of activities and questions and worksheets to keep me busy. I'm pretty sure I'm the most obnoxious kid in class because of it. >:I

Anddddd, may I inquire as to what ASL stands for? Could it possibly be American Sign Language? Or is it something else?
I'm actually very good with attention it's just that there has been no motivation in my life as of late, which is why I procrastinate. Like, I know I gotta get things done but, nope. Unlike you, I'm known as the most quiet kid in all of my classes. Sit at the back of the room, pay attention, learn. I am perfect student.

American Sign Language yep! That's it!

I'm actually very good with attention it's just that there has been no motivation in my life as of late, which is why I procrastinate. Like, I know I gotta get things done but, nope. Unlike you, I'm known as the most quiet kid in all of my classes. Sit at the back of the room, pay attention, learn. I am perfect student.

American Sign Language yep! That's it!
Attention is my main problem. I understand the whole 'lack of motivation' thing though. In 9th grade, I went through a bit of a personal crisis, and... just... good lord. My poor GPA. I got a D in English, because I submitted the bare minimum of homework. I also dropped a few classes that year because I just didn't care. I had some trouble with motivation last year, too, and ended up screwing up a stupid boring elective class, because I never bothered to do any of the work - I'm scrambling to repair my GPA in the two years I got left, now. (That whole thing with the English was stupid, though. I finished English a little bit late the year before, because of a death in the family. Because of that, the state insisted I was still an 8th grader in that subject, so we had the absolute hardest time getting my highschool English course scheduled. By the time we finally did, it was too late to join a virtual class, and I just wasn't cut out for self-paced at the time. I still have trouble with self-paced, since I have no self-control and love to procrastinate. Plus the self-paced teachers are terrible, and they're supposed to respond to your emails the day you send them, because that's pretty much their only job, but if you ask them a question through email it always takes them like two weeks to respond, if they respond at all. >:I)

Ah, I'm so jealous! I love ASL! I think a lot of it is because I had a lot of speech problems as a kid, but I've always just ADORED the idea of speaking with my hands.
When I first found out about it when I was like ten, I memorized the entire alphabet within ten minutes, and then moved on to words.
I can fingerspell anything, and know how to sign basic conversational stuff. I also like to go to church meetings that are entirely in ASL, and have had some pretty cool conversations with deaf people in the language - at least, to the best of my ability, which isn't a lot. :I
I'd love to learn more, but my school doesn't offer ASL, and I can't afford the community college courses. I've been trying to teach myself, but i'm so busy anymore, and I just never know where to start. Because languages are very big. D:

Attention is my main problem. I understand the whole 'lack of motivation' thing though. In 9th grade, I went through a bit of a personal crisis, and... just... good lord. My poor GPA. I got a D in English, because I submitted the bare minimum of homework. I also dropped a few classes that year because I just didn't care. I had some trouble with motivation last year, too, and ended up screwing up a stupid boring elective class, because I never bothered to do any of the work - I'm scrambling to repair my GPA in the two years I got left, now. (That whole thing with the English was stupid, though. I finished English a little bit late the year before, because of a death in the family. Because of that, the state insisted I was still an 8th grader in that subject, so we had the absolute hardest time getting my highschool English course scheduled. By the time we finally did, it was too late to join a virtual class, and I just wasn't cut out for self-paced at the time. I still have trouble with self-paced, since I have no self-control and love to procrastinate. Plus the self-paced teachers are terrible, and they're supposed to respond to your emails the day you send them, because that's pretty much their only job, but if you ask them a question through email it always takes them like two weeks to respond, if they respond at all. >:I)

Ah, I'm so jealous! I love ASL! I think a lot of it is because I had a lot of speech problems as a kid, but I've always just ADORED the idea of speaking with my hands.
When I first found out about it when I was like ten, I memorized the entire alphabet within ten minutes, and then moved on to words.
I can fingerspell anything, and know how to sign basic conversational stuff. I also like to go to church meetings that are entirely in ASL, and have had some pretty cool conversations with deaf people in the language - at least, to the best of my ability, which isn't a lot. :I
I'd love to learn more, but my school doesn't offer ASL, and I can't afford the community college courses. I've been trying to teach myself, but i'm so busy anymore, and I just never know where to start. Because languages are very big. D:
Dude. I can totally mentor you with ASL. Since I've been taking classes with an AWESOME teacher, I could totally pass on his lessons onto you. :D
Sorry I totally ignored your personal issues dearie, trust me it sounds like things are getting MUCH better now and I'm really happy for you! But..
ASL is kind of my obsession.
So, if you wish to learn ASL from the MASTER COMMANDER.
HMU #swiggityswoggity.

FREAK I'm the worst I forgot I'll post tonight now, I would post now but school.
Don't worry about it! Take your time. Do good in school don't do drugs!

UPDATE:
It's Raining, It's Pouring.
Alouette.
Miss Mary Mack.
Are now available.

I shall try to have a post up tonight. No guarantees though, because I'm absolutely exhausted.
Family from out of state is in town, so it's been 'get up, do school, go visit family, stay up late scrambling to finish homework'.
>:I

The long weekend will be no better, either.
I have a crap-ton of work for AP.
Saturday I have a demolition derby to go to. (Because, come on, who doesn't love watching cars violently wreck into each other over and over, while munching on some fair snacks?!)
Sunday there's a family picnic, and then my cousin is forcing me to have a sleepover.
And Monday I'm going to a fair with them for the day.

MY HOMEWORK WILL SUFFERRRR

Reactions: Jihae
I shall try to have a post up tonight. No guarantees though, because I'm absolutely exhausted.
Family from out of state is in town, so it's been 'get up, do school, go visit family, stay up late scrambling to finish homework'.
>:I

The long weekend will be no better, either.
I have a crap-ton of work for AP.
Saturday I have a demolition derby to go to. (Because, come on, who doesn't love watching cars violently wreck into each other over and over, while munching on some fair snacks?!)
Sunday there's a family picnic, and then my cousin is forcing me to have a sleepover.
And Monday I'm going to a fair with them for the day.

MY HOMEWORK WILL SUFFERRRR
xD Take your time! Sorry this RP is going pretty slow guys, I've got another big RP going on (With The Zodiacs, because self promo.) and it's taking up a lot of my RP time. Soon, I will get a couple of posts up for this RP. Please bear with me I'm so sowwy, T^T

Been busy as heck due to family being in town, but they're gone now and I'm semi-not-busy!
SO, with that being said, got a little bit more homework that must be finished tonight, and after that I'm planning on writing a post.

Been busy as heck due to family being in town, but they're gone now and I'm semi-not-busy!
SO, with that being said, got a little bit more homework that must be finished tonight, and after that I'm planning on writing a post.
Awesome.

Speaking of.

IS EVERYONE STILL HERE?

Reactions: DANAsaur
Actually managed to finish all my homework on time, plus a little extra. Pretty happy about that, since it means all I really have to do over the weekend is reading and some note taking, which while more tedious isn't as stressful.

Gonna start working on that post now.
Might pass out before I finish since the homework left me exhausted, but I really want to just actually do something fun for once this week, so I doubt it. Even if I do it'll be up first thing tomorrow morning. WORKING ON IT NOWWWWWWW

Status
Not open for further replies.