The Rage of Morpheus

He didn't know why she was being so aggressive; he could sense it from where he stood, forming a shield of water around him, just in case she decided to throw something at him again. His head throbbed and he rubbed it again, wincing. "Clara, please." he drew nearer to her, his shield shimmering slightly as he moved. He could see her now, her face defiant in the low light, a ball of water in her hand, aimed for him. "Clara," he said, trying to make her see he wasn't here to injure her. He put both hands in the air to show he wasn't armed. He didn't want to fight.

Faroh looked at Aryn, skeptical. "And, how do you think you're going to be able to train me?" he said, "If I don't fully understand my powers than how could you?" Though admittedly, Aryn looked wise beyond his years. Perhaps his powers slowed down his ageing process, though, at a second thought Faroh really doubted that. A thought suddenly occurred to him, Aryn had said he could control the temperature of things, almost instinctively he touched the ground with the tip of his index finger, turning it to ice around him, which steadily grew in circumference untill the entire cave was engulfed in a blanket of ice, he then heated the cave up again, almost instantly causing the ice to melt and evaporate.

She looked into Aryn's face. Clara really wanted to splash him with her ball of water, but her instincts told her she was a friend.
She let out a whimper, and dropped her arms causing the ball of water to drop at her feet.
She knew she looked defenseless, but all of the terrible things that had happened,
crashed onto her like a boulder. She felt tears well up in her eyes, but quickly wiped them away.
"What?" She ask stubbornly and crossed her arms.

"It's ok," he said simply, gently. He started foward, lowering his sheild with a splash. "I know it's hard. Losing someone you love, running from death and the life you used to live. But we understand. I understand, Clara. Please. I can help you." He held a hand out to her slowly as the room dropped and rose in temp. Smiling inwardly and sending a quick telepathic laugh to Faroh, he waited for Clara's reply. Would she attack him? Or not?

Clara still had her arms spread across her chest, stubbornly.
"Why should i even trust you?" she spat.
She wouldn't just trust this guy.

"Because I can help you,"
He replied, even more gently then before. He cast his mind out to her, projecting soothing thoughts.

Clara felt soothing thoughts enter her mind. As if someone was doing it themselves.
She looked toward Aryn, her facade softening.
"Fine, but don't try any funny buiness."
SHe started playing with a ball of fire in her palm.
"How quick can you teach me, or train me, or explain whatever this is!!"
SHe raised her voice, and a few looked over but she didn't care.
She shot the ball of fire at their feet and they scattered.

Garneil was fed up of working with all the kids. They were far too 'jolly' for his liking. He'd never been good with kids so trying to make them sit still and sleep was somewhat annoying and tedious. He'd managed to destroy 7 of the creatures, letting the children sleep in the corner as he tried to help the others. To say they hadn't slept for a few days they were way to lively and excitable for his liking. He kept glancing over to Aryn, Faroh and the small girl. Her will, her passion, Garneil couldn't help but be drawn to her fury. He put his hand on Aryn's shoulder "No...let me help her. Better yet teach her. I may not be as a custom to this as you Aryn but i want to help her...i feel she has some pain within her...i want to help her harness it" His face was deadly serious, yet he managed to cock a smile. "How about it? Wanna learn how to turn that fire and water into something more.. interesting? Say a whirlpool or inferno?" Garneil's pupils flared, the water left on the floor from Faroh earlier gathered and shot up quickly, sharpening into a large shard of ice.

A man had come up to Aryn.
Clara watched the new guy cautiously.
She had once seen him near some little kids.
"...i feel some pain within her...i want to harness it" the guy said with a serious look on his face.
She glared at him. How could he even know she had pain? This guy had no right to say that about her.
He asked her another question, then he turned some water on the floor into a sharp, tall shard of ice.
She couldn't even hide her amazement.

The young girl seemed angered with his comment, helping to secure what he had just said. Garneil touched the shard and it began melting, drawing into his finger tips as it did so, completely disappearing. "Have i upset you? Even so we all have catalysts for our emotions. Anger and pain being one of the strongest, it can awaken the darker, more primal instincts deep down. The raw...tainted power. I can teach you how to control it more so, you and the one with the golden eyes." He bent over and looked into the girls eyes, moving his white fringe out of the way so she was to see both purple pools. His gaze was strong, fixated. The kind of stare that would turn the strongest of wills. Yet behind it there was something not as intimidating. Garneil straightened his back and patted her head. "My name's Garneil, i can manipulate water and electricity, along with many other things." He smiled at her, fixing his hair once more. "And you are?..." He extended his hand to her.

His name was Garneil. He said he had the ability to manipulate many things.
She thought to herself, maybe i could manipulate more than the four elements i already know of, if he helps me.
He asked her name and held out his hand.
Warily, she took it. It was surprizingly warm and it calmed her.
"I'm Clara."

He looked at her cautiously as she hesitated to shake his hand. It must have been the clawed gauntlets he'd forgotten to retract. The bones in his forarms and hands slid back into his skin, leaving his jagged hand looking more normal top her now. "Clara...that's a nice name" Her hands were much softer than he'd expected, but he'd realised that a girl of her age mustn't have been in that many disputes with the creatures, or anything in that matter. He laughed a little at how nervous she had been before shaking his hand, the slight quaver in her voice dropped. "I thought you'd lost that fiery and rebellious spark for a second there?" He smiled at her and turned to Aryn. "Now we are acquainted, I don't suppose you have any objections to me being Clara's mentor do you? As well as the yellow eyed one if that's acceptable...and if i can find her?" He looked over his shoulder to glance over the cave. Garneil then stepped towards Aryn and placed his head next to his, ear to ear and whispered to him "There is something of great importance i must share with you...in private. It's concerning me, the yellow eyed one and some others i spotted out in the cave. Nothing bad, yet it will interest you to know. That's assuming you don't." He leant back from him and perked up the tone in his voice. "Shall i continue with helping the children then?"

Clara still watched Garneil cautiously.
She saw him whisper something into Aryn's ear.
Suddenly, with a burst of energy, she ran.
Ran with fear.
Trying to find the opening of the cave.
She kept bumping into people.
She didn't find the exit, but found a small indention in the wall. Quickly, she scrambled in, and forced the ground up.
The slit of light in front of her closed up with rock.
She sighed and created a fire before her eyes. IT felt warm, and soon she herself was asleep.

Garneil span round to see her run off into the crowd. "Clara!?" He shouted after her. He couldn't get through all the people, she was smaller than him and able to weave through the gaps. "What the hell is she doing?" He'd lost sight of her now. Garneil leapt into the air, pushing himself with great force so hit the ceiling. He used his claws to grip to the rock and saw a part of the cave wall shift. Using his wings he swooped down to the small bit of rock that had shifted "Clara?" He pressed his ear to the wall and heard slight breathing. He began to claw away at the rock. "Come out clara! You're being childish" He got no response and had been chipping away at the cave face for around 5 minutes now, tearing hand full's of rock and throwing it to the floor. He couldn't help but think why she was acting this way? She was obviously scared...but of what. He soon saw a small light through a crack and also heard wispy little snores. "CLARA! Shit. Wake up right now!" he began to panic, he hadn't cleared her mind yet so she could very well explode and there had been to many losses already. He managed to catch a glimpse of Clara through the crack in the wall. Garneil clenched his fist and gathered energy around it, his hand humming with the power he punched the wall to dent it enough to fit his arm through. "ARYN! Back me up, i'm going to clense her. Destroy the creature when i push it from her dreams. I don't have time to destroy it there. But hopefully i'm not too late!" The symbol reappeared on his forehead. He placed his palm against her head and both their eyes opened and began to glow. Garneil had now entered Clara's dream, he needed to find either of them before they found each other. Clara may have power, but she was in her dream...she couldn't harm the creature, it was part of her, more like a parasite.

Clara awoke in a field. She looked around.
Last time she remembered, she was in a hole in the cave wall.
She looked around. Could she be dreaming?
She saw a boy, around her age. He was HOT. Lemme tell you that.
She walked over to him.
"Hello?" She waved a hand infront of his face.
He looked down at her and grinned.
Suddenly, he grabbed her arm and started to run.
She involuntatrily ran with him.
They ran into a deep wood, tree's surrounding them.
"Stop!" she cried out. But the boy would not listen.
She started to lose her breath. Slowly her feet started to drag.
It was like the boy was draining her life from her very body.
She tried to create fire, but it burnt out.
She tried gettting a vine from the ground, but it withered away and died.
She tried using their sweat to form water, but it quickly evaporated.
She tried yielding the air into her lungs for breath, but it only gusted into her throat causing her to cough.
She felt helpless.
Scared. Weak.
The boy stopped.
He looked back at her, and grinned a evil, blood-crazed grin.
She.
Was.
Terrified.

Aryn nodded, running over and lowering the rock wall quickly, sensing the thing in Clara's mind was much, much, stronger than the rest, even Garneil's. "I'm coming with you," he replied as he cast out his mind, to her, sinking into the Dream World with ease, landing in an open field, trees closing it in like an island. "Clara!" he yelled, unable to sense where she was, oddly.
"CLARA!"

Garneil had spread his wings and was getting an aerial view of the field. "Aryn! There are tracks leading West....she's not alone..." his face dropped. He swooped down and clasped his arm around Aryn's waist. "We need to find her soon! We can't trust whoever she's with!" He was flying full pelt now, darting in and out of the trees, the scenery blurred its way past. "Can you sense them anywhere?" Hopefully heading in their direction and nearer the ground would give Aryn more of a chance of connecting to Clara. "Anything?"

Garneil heard a curdling scream. It had to be Clara who else could it be? His pulse raced and he beat his wings harder than before, his heart was racing, he was worried that clara had been hurt. Why did he feel this strong for someone he had only just met? He thought maybe that he saw the people of the cave as his new family? He quickly shook that thought, no one could replace his family...ever! But he was determined to save her, he couldn't loose anyone else! Garneil saw two figures up ahead, he dug his heels into the ground, stopping him and Aryn at a breakneck pace. There was a small boy looming over Clara, she was on the floor and wincing away from him. "CLARA!? Oi! You! Step away from her, NOW!" Garneil bared his teeth and spread his wings, displaying his impressive wing span and spreading his arms apart to mirror them. His chains began to unwind and slumped by Garneil's feet. "Aryn...i really hope you've fought these before, we'll be in for a treat." He began walking towards the boy, his eyes were glowing a violent purple, the blacks expanding and forming a pattern, a gaze that could destroy the courage of the strongest warriors. "Hide Clara, this'll get messy"

Clara saw Garneil. That had to have been the happiest moment of her life.
He had wings! It scared her a bit.
She thought, if Garneil was here, it couldn't be a dream, could it?
She looked back up to the boy who was now hissing at Garneil.
"Hide Clara, this will get messy." Garneil had demanded of her.
She quickly skuttled to her feet, tripping some, still scared.
Her breath came in short rasps.
She turned behind a tree and slumped down.
Tears flew down her cheeks.
She was terrified.