The Quest for Relaxed and Awesome Partners

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VanillaCola

Original poster
So, it's been a while since I've done an interest check, but I'm craving one or two roleplays to help me de-stress and get writing more. I'm currently looking for long-term 1x1 roleplays with a relaxed partner who is ready and willing to be creative with me.

First of all, some rules:
  • Please write at least two to three paragraphs per post that help with progression of the RP and show good grammar and spelling. I try to write more than that, and often tend to as long as I have something to work with. I will do my best to give you a lot to work with, so the least you could do is try to do the same with me. Also, I have to actually read what you write, so please take the time to make sure you use good grammar and spelling, and make your posts interesting to read.
  • Post at least once a week. If you cannot do that, then please try to tell me. I understand how real life can be, since I'm busy around this time myself, but I would appreciate a notice if you're going to be gone for a week or more.
  • Be willing to contribute. As much as I love being creative, I can't come up with an entire plot all by myself, and whenever I do, I don't want to be the only one driving it forward. Give me ideas, contribute to the RP, work with me on everything. Be able to come up with your own scenarios, your own motivations for your character, etc.
  • Be 18 or over. I strongly prefer roleplaying with people who are 18+, since my RPs can often involve mature themes and I want both parties to be comfortable when roleplaying.
  • Be honest with me. If you don't like the roleplay or want to drop out, just let me know. I won't hold it against you, and if you ever want to roleplay again, I'll be open to it. Also, if you don't like an idea or come up with one that is better, tell me. I want roleplays to be enjoyable for both people involved.
  • I can do thread roleplays or PM roleplays. I have also done roleplays on Google Docs, so that is also an option.
  • Tell me your limits so that I can respect them. I will tell you mine, and this should hopefully make the roleplay more enjoyable.
  • If you read these, leave a rating on this thread and tell me one of your favourite TV shows.
  • Also, it's not exactly a rule, but if you PM me, do tell me about what interests you from this thread, or give me something to work with. Even if you just have questions about an idea, PM me them so we have somewhere good to start.

Now, onto discussing actual roleplays.

Let me specify some things here (yes, I know, more rules...). Currently, I am open to MxF, FxF, and MxM. However, in MxF, I will always play the male character. I am comfortable playing all genders, and have roleplayed in many FxF and MxF scenarios, so I like to consider myself well-versed in those aspects. MxM is relatively new to me, though I am open to it. I do want to outline my 'roleplay dos and don'ts' though:​
I am willing to do:
  • MxF, FxF, and MxM. Romance is not mandatory, though if it is done, I like it to be organic and well-done​
  • Real photos/face claims. Anime or cartoon images aren't interesting for me as I like the detail of real images, so please be willing to use a real image if you roleplay with me​
  • Sex scenes, but only if they fit the plot or direction (I can fade to black if you wish, whatever makes you comfortable)​
  • Age gaps – I've suddenly become interested in this kind of dynamic (though nothing below the age of 16/18 depending on context and nothing above the age of 40)​
  • Gore – I've done plenty of gory roleplays in the past, so nothing puts me off. If you want to do gore, I'm more than willing to as well​
I don't do:
  • Fandom roleplays. There are very few fandoms I consider myself good enough to roleplay within, and I prefer original characters​
  • Anything furry or animal related. Anthropomorphic characters, dragons, Cthulu monsters...I don't roleplay any of that and have absolutely no interest in starting to do that​
  • Themes of incest or explicit rape/non-con. References to them are fine, but I won't roleplay these situations​
  • Completely submissive characters. I don't like playing 100% submissive or passive characters, though I'm fine if you do as long as you do it well​
  • Historically accurate roleplays. I don't know near enough about history to do these kinds of roleplays justice​
  • 100% romance roleplays. I'm fine with romance, but there needs to be more plot rather than solely romance​
Also, a note on my male characters. If you're looking for completely effeminate guys that seem to be common in animes, this isn't the place for you. My male characters are usually more rugged, rough or 'manly' in appearance (expect beards and/or tattoos), and are diverse in personality. They may be tough, arrogant, sensitive, kind, humorous, whatever I feel like. Nothing against those effeminate kind of characters, but my male characters do not fit the yaoi/anime stereotypes and don't expect me to make a male character who fits that appearance.

I love realism, even in fantasy roleplays, so please bear that in mind.
And now, what I offer to you:
  • Plot cooperation and contribution. I love to be creative, and will contribute any ideas or feedback I have when I can.​
  • A lot to work with in terms of replies. I usually write around three or more paragraphs depending on what I'm given to work with, and always try to progress the plot, character, direction, etc. I'll give you as much as I can with my responses.​
  • Devotion to the roleplay. I very rarely drop roleplays, and will stick to them for a long time. For example, if you and I get on well, our roleplay could mirror one that I've been a part of for two years strong now.​
  • Good grammar, spelling, and style in my writing. You won't see any excruciatingly bad mistakes in my writing, and I try to write as fluidly and engagingly as possible.​
  • A friend (hopefully!). I'm friendly enough, and I try to get on with my partners, so I'm willing to talk and be there for you.​
  • Photoshop loveliness. I am willing to make edits for our roleplay and love to use Photoshop.​

Ideas!
So, cravings and ideas (finally)! Below is a list of what I have in mind. If you have any ideas, feel free to pitch them to me, especially if they relate in some way to any pairings below!

Key:
Anything in bold is the role I would like to take – if neither is bolded, I don't have a particular preference toward a role.
:smore: means I am particularly craving that idea.
The order of the gender roles signifies the type I would prefer (e.g. if FxF is first in the list, I crave that type of pairing more for that idea).
:thumbsup: means I have some kind of plot or specific character for the idea.​
Fantasy

Knight x Knight (MxM, MxF, FxF)

Knight x Royal (MxF, FxF, MxM)

Knight x Squire (MxF, MxM, FxF) :thumbsup: :smore:

Mage x Mage (MxF, MxM, FxF) :thumbsup: :smore:

Mage x Knight (MxM, MxF, FxF) :thumbsup:
Horror

Zombie apocalypse (doesn't have to be 'traditional zombies', can be inspired by 28 Days Later, the Last of Us, etc.) (MxF, MxM, FxF) :thumbsup:

American Mary inspired RP (centres around body modification artists/doctors, based on the film 'American Mary') (MxF, MxM, FxF) :thumbsup: :smore:
Supernatural

Demon x Human (MxM, FxF, MxF) :thumbsup: :smore:

Vampire x Human (MxF, MxM) :smore:

Shapeshifter/Skinwalker x Human (MxF, FxF, MxM)
Modern and Others

College student x Older person (MxF, MxM) :smore:

Detective x Detective (MxF, MxM, FxF) :thumbsup: :smore:

Gangster x ? (MxF, MxM, FxF) :thumbsup: :smore:

Pro wrestlers! I can dream, can't I? (MxM, MxF) :thumbsup: :smore:

Criminal x Police officer/Detective (MxF, MxM, FxF) :thumbsup:

Adult/College Underachiever x Adult/College Overachiever (MxF, FxF, MxM) :smore:

Supervillain x Superhero (MxM, FxF, MxF) :smore:

Superhero x Superhero (MxM, FxF, MxF) :smore:
Anyway, PM me or reply here if you're interested in any of these ideas. I'll try to update when I can. Hope to hear from you soon!​

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, i'd be willing to work with you. My favourite TV show at the moment is Daredevil and i'd be interested to do a vigilante noir type thing which could fit with your detective and superhero ideas. I also insist on real face claims (actors and actresses), I am over 18 and below 40, and also write extensively lengthened posts.

Reactions: VanillaCola
@DebonaireNerd Lovely! Would you mind PMing me some details about your vigilante noir idea so we could discuss potential plots and the like?

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
As far as partners go, I couldn't have dreamed one up that sounds as perfect as this post makes you out to be. I am insanely interested in doing a criminal x police officer/detective roleplay, something along the lines of a cop show, with a criminal informant? I have a couple of different things in mind for this, but I'm open to playing either character; I'm also good with whatever kind of pairing you want to do, whether it's strictly professional, or ends up with a little romance to the plot. I'm terrible at romances, so if you want to steer clear, I'm good with that too. I'm actually pretty interested in all of your supernatural type plot ideas, too. I'm trying really hard not to completely fangirl here, with your requests in a partner... Please be my friend...

@Scarlette Feel free to PM me with details on your ideas, or I can PM you? Also, make sure to read the rules please :)

College student? You had me at hello. (I know we already have a roleplay, but I love you enough to start another if you're down with that...?) :D

Reactions: VanillaCola
@Sansa Stark Of course I'm down with starting another roleplay with you! Would you like to PM me any details you have so we can discuss them more?

Are you willing to pick up another partner? The underachiever and overachiever idea actually sounds like a fun story, also I have been dying to do a modern roleplay for awhile. You seem like a wonderful partner!

@princessyuna Thanks for the interest, but I'm afraid I'm all full up on partners for now! If a spot ever opens up though, I'll be sure to tell you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.