The power of one woman's blood

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Max yelped and bolted, hiding behind the couch. Sometimes his brother- and mom- were creepy.

"Suck it up." Alec said walking over to his mom saying the normal greeting.

She's evil...In the ways of good...EVIL! Telepathy spell to whoever wants to hear his thoughts... And that's pretty much all I can do with him.

Alec hugged their mom gentle, and she glared at Max.
"How many lessons on human vs. animal lab specimens have you sat through boy?" she screamed at Max.

"T-t-ten momma..." squeaked out Max, who had an 'oh snit' expression on.

"Maybe you should sit through a another ten." she growled looking at Max.

"I...It's not fair! Alec gets everything he wants but noooo! Not Max! I-is it because I wanted to be like dad?!" Normal outburst for him...

Their mom fumed, "No it has nothing to do with your father. How many people has Alec killed in a lab?"

"...None..." Why is it always that little point...?

"And how many have you killed?" she yelled looking him in the eye.

"...six... But two don't count! They were suicidal when I found them!" Still got four, Max.

"My point exactly." she said looking him up and down.

"The only point I see is that you a nosy about simple accidents that partake in my studies- besides, I wouldn't kill a fellow magic user, now would I?"

"That's not the idea. The more humans you kill the more chance of you being caught by the humans, and killed."

"I know some cloaking spells... I can protect myself..." He knew the risk of his work- but he thought that he could last just like his dad.

Kellen stood silent through out all this, smirking as Max got yelled at.

Max looked at Kellen and got an idea. "However, I do see your point, mother...Alright, no specimen...But what of apprentice? Kellen here just found out she had magical qualities and I was the one who found out first- actually, she threw a fire ball at me, but still! Isn't the rules that he or she who finds an untrained magic doer must serve as mentor until they know at least the basics?" Oh ho ho, clever one, Maxie boy.

She glared at him, knowing he was trying to get Kellen in his hands again. She couldn't however, say anything, not knowing the rules of using magic...or whatever they were talking about.

"Technically Maxie I knew first. I dated her before you knew she existed. So I'm the teacher in this situation."

"Ah...but! She didn't show you any magic qualities- sure, you may have known, but you had to witness as well." Technically, that wasn't all true, but Max was being an arse at this.