The Periodic Expirement (closee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay ^_^ Chemistry nerds unite!

And we have three guys now so you won't be all alone in your guy-ness.
Mr. Carbon Mr. Chlorine and Mr. Iron.

We have 3 guys and 3 girls. Potentially 4 guys and 4 girls

Okay so a heads up to everyone. The first bit of posting will be concerned with testing your characters limits. Individual testing, in front of everyone else.

Now for me that simple. A strength test abd seeing what my metal skin can take, abd what temperatures i can take. Most of you have super unique powers that aren't so easily tested, so start thinking about how they may be tested.

I have two ideas for mine I've PM'ed you them to see which you prefer :)

Yeah but no sword, unites you've got a really good reason

RESERVING GOLD~!
(to be edited)

Prior Bonding
Name: Alex Steel

Age of Bonding: 3

History and Personality: Nothing much to be said from history nor personality as he was still a child of the scientist that involved in the experiment when it occured, Alex never knew who his parent was or where he's from. Until the age of 7, he was took care by the scientist and was caged later on along side with the other test subject.

Post Bonding
267823509060141502_hX8EqAz3_f_large.jpg
character_design2_by_joeian-d2zra32.jpg
Name: Gold Weiss
Current Age: 24
Element: Au
Powers: Au or Gold in the periodic table grant Gold the ability to create Gold itself to certain extend perday, Gold can manipulate the element mole into anything from thin air although, he can't use it on water.

Affects:
Gold usually uses his element in various way, as such there are times where he used his power just by creating a fancy sword and shield, He called this mode as "Idle Mode." After Idle mode's been use he makeshift a breast plate and grieves to increase his defense, He called this mode "Stand by Mode" and lastly after he use the two modes he coated his whole body in such making him into another person, he called this mode "Avatar mode."

In Idle and Standby mode, Gold simply only enforce certain amount of pure gold inside it making it to easily broke from any heavy object that matches Gold such as steel or iron. The Avatar on the other hand, is a brand new level, Gold has set his gold in Avatar mode to be harder and lighter than normally gold is. Avatar also boost the user speed and power only for certain amount of time before the user went back to Idle mode.

(The amount of time: around 1 hour at max)

New History:
Alex Steel led a rebellion at the age of 7, he went out to the street and was brought in by an old woman. The old woman won't sell Alex's gold secretly even when she's having economical issues. She changed Alex Steel name's into Gold Weiss so that no one would recognize Alex and targeted him because having the power to create gold.

Several years later, The old woman past away and Gold has grown into a teenager knowing what his ability is. Gold has been detected and sent back to the lab once again with a lot more alarmed security.

New Personality:
Gold Weiss is .

PS: GOLD CAN'T NEVER TAKE A JOKE

Last edited:
For those interested I've added a little picture of what Genie looks like when she turns into her element. Though it won't be seen for long, more an after image than anything.

I usually am not interested in these types of plots... but you appealed to the chemistry nerd within me.

[Prior Bonding]
Name: Jan Scheele

Age of Bonding: 11

History: Originally born in Denmark, Jan's family emigrated to the United States. Unfortunately, barely being able to speak English proved to be a major challenge as Jan had difficulty adjusting to life in the US. Thus, school was somewhat difficult for him as he couldn't communicate with other students, and he couldn't really make any friends. It was only a few months after arriving in the US that Jan was abducted. However, Jan's case was a bit... unique. He had actually somehow been able to escape his captors, but when he tried to get help, no one could understand what he was saying. Soon after, he was taken once again.

Personality: Jan was a free soul. There was no rushing him. He lived life at his own pace despite what everyone else wanted or expected from him. In fact, he has a set foundation of principles that he followed such as trying to not allow superficially judge things and that people can achieve what they want if they work for it. That said, the sudden emigration to the US was something that he had difficulty adjusting to. So, a lot of people thought that he was a quiet, shy guy when in actuality Jan wanted to talk with them and laugh with friends, but he wasn't sure how. He did try. But, no one seemed to notice or care.

Appearance:

yukine_noragami_by_anggabayup25-d79yqrn.jpg

[Post Bonding]

AzaiKyousuke_7261.png

Name: James Shields

Current Age: 21

Element: Cl

Powers: James can absorb electrons and thus can tolerate and suck electricity if he is physically touching the source. This power is likely due to Chlorine's capability as an oxidizing agent, which means that it will do its best to obtain an electron to become chemically stable. However, he is capable of releasing this energy when physically holding a cation (certain metals). This discharge can't be controlled once James releases the energy.

Affects: James is well known for his friendliness and team work abilities. In fact, he thrives around people and often hangs around others. But, when he feels dejected and alone he becomes emotionally unhealthy and becomes destructive, but this phenomena has only been observed by scientists. It's also interesting to note that due to his powers he often wears gloves so that he can insulate himself.

New History: As one of the older test subjects, James has been acting as somewhat of a big brother/mentor to the newer/younger test subjects. It could be anything from emotional support and teaching English to making them a cup of warm milk to help them fall asleep.

New Personality: James is very friendly, but perhaps to a fault. He goes out of his way to take care of those that he calls his friends even if it is to his detriment. Some people are a bit put off since James often does huge favors for his people, but he refuses to accept any compensation. In fact... it's rare to see James alone for a long period of time since he just simply enjoys talking, helping, and hanging out with people. That said, despite his willingness to help people with their problems, James remains silent about his own issues and hides them very well.
Oh my lord, your prior bonding appearance is of Yukine from Noragami, even if you didn't realize it. <3 That's my favorite anime of all time.

(Just saying.)

@GreenSea Okay so I really like the idea for the power, and its a very active power, which is good. I was worried about that, cause up till now I've been the only person with such a power. I don't have a problem with either the element or the power, but you MAY want to reconsider the element. Gold is the softest metal there is. Using it as armor or a weapon is highly impractical, even if its a low quality gold like 10K its still pretty soft. If you want to kep gold ive got no problem with it, but I will hold your character to that standard. He will not be catching a hailstorm of bullets with his armor, if he tires he will get shot a bit.

I like it and you dont need to add changes or any weaknesses or drawbacks. Its balanced as is.

Oh my lord, your prior bonding appearance is of Yukine from Noragami, even if you didn't realize it. <3 That's my favorite anime of all time.

(Just saying.)
Did you read the manga? If not, read it. The anime took a few liberties, and I like the manga a bit more than the anime. It's a bit more... emotional. But, yea. The anime was pretty good. Not one of my all time favorites, but one of the better ones of last year.

10.30.06.sonLUC.X3.Colossus.JPG

So since we're all adding more pics, and Ill throw this into my character sheet, this is what Steven looks like when he goes into his metal skin.

Im going to be putting up the IC now, those with approved character may post after I have.

Awesome, I'm just about to turn in (I'm on GMT, London based) so please don't leave me too far behind, I've made a start on an opening post but I'll try and post it first thing tomorrow morning before work if I can. If not straight after I get back. :)

I've finished my post (a bit keen) but I'll still post it in the morning to let a few others get in first hehe.

So your character can make things harder or softer at will?
Hm, not really. His actual power is the carbon absorbing itself. The hardening/softening of his body is a result of the absorption because the carbon he absorbs stays inside him. :3

AKA: he can literally suck the life out of things by absorbing their carbon. xD

[Prior Bonding]
Name:Emilly O'Hare

Age of Bonding: 9

History: Emilly grew up an orphan on the streets of ireland, no parents and no home. She lived day to day off the scraps she could either take or scavenge. Her life was harsh growing up and her lack of actual meals ended up permanently stunting her growth. Had she not been picked up and taken to the facility for testing she would have likely died on the streets of ireland.

Personality: She's quiet withdrawn and very untrusting. In reality, she's got the permanent cold shoulder on for everyone. The only exception is once someone gains her trust or friendship she becomes very protective and close.
Appearance: [to be added]

[Post Bonding]

Name: Subject 1

Current Age: 19

Element: Plutonium

Powers: Do to the unstable qualities of Plutonium she inherited a very unstable and dangerouse ability. Her fingertips almost seem to glow and if she touches anything with her fingers it causes an overwelming transfer of energy that can melt metals, burn wood, and even atomize human flesh. Because of this she wears a pear of ultralightened lead fiber gloves to halt the transfer of energy.

Affects: Do to her bodies unnatural level of energy she is unnafected by the cold. However the exact opposite is effected with heat. Heat can cause her body to over heat and cause spontanious bursts of energy ( IE. setting things around her on fire her own cloths bursting into flames and even heat exaustion) as well as extreme discomfort and even debilitating pain. Her body has an unnatural ability to absorb the radiation from direct sunlight and revitalize her with energy and even speed up her bodies natural healing process. The last side effect which was only visual and has yet to be explained is the fact that both her irs and pupil's have turned an almost glowing neon shade of light blue.

New History: Sense her bonding to do her lethality to those around her Subject 1 has been under strict lockdown and training to help her learn to control her powers and not hurt those around her. It's only been a year sense they released her from lockdown to be wityh the other's and sense then she has become somewhat a loner. She has trouble relating to the others as simply being near them can cause there own harm. For some her body's ability to transfer energy and heat is even hyper lethatl. Because of that she has tried to stay to her self instead focusing on life skills such as wildlife survival, medical skills and other skills she was told would help her in the future. She still disbeleaves they will ever be usefull but still it's better then hurting those around her.

New Personality: While she has remained distant and over protective of people she cares about do to the destructive nature of her powers she's grown to dislike herself and almost not trust her own self to not hurt those around her.

Status
Not open for further replies.