The Peace Maker

Emmica looked to Rue. blushing even more. It was not like that between them at all! It was meerly just a king and advisor relationship! And he only kissed her hands because he was a gentleman! Yes there was nothing going on! Emmica huffed a bit but stopped her obvious gapping as Ivish approched, not wanting to be caught.

"Right! Absolutely nothing! L-Let's finish the tour!" Emmica said as she turned away from Ivish and Rue and headed back toward the castle woth a bit more haste than nessecary.

Rue kept pace with Emmica and merely shrugged at Ivish's questioning look, "so where to next Emm?" She asked joyfully, wondering what else there was to see in this beautiful place. She couldn't wait until she could explore Rindall, but she knew it wasn't safe yet. So she decided to spend her time in the garden, with the horses and giving Ivish and Emmica a prod in the right direction.

Ivish gave Rue a questioning look and quickened his pace to keep up with Emmica, he wondered what had happened and could only guess it was some absurd suggestion about Emmica and himself.

Emmica slowed a bit as they got closer to the castle, opening the large door and letting them back inside before closing it and continuing on her way down the hall.

"Since we are close, I will show you the library...Since that is where much of your...'work' will be done Ivish. At least until more of the rooms are refurnished and put back together." She said as she turned down a large hall, pictures of men, all wearing a crown of some sort lined on side of the hall, other side having women with crowns right across from them.

Now it was time for Rue to give Ivish a questioning look, "work Ivish?" She asked curiously, even though she had a vague idea of what Emmica meant. She knew it was safe to ask since their was no one around.

Ivish smiled down at her, "should have known better than to try and keep things from you Pixie." He shrugged his shoulders "well Emmica is going to try and teach me to read." He sighed, "i was against it of course since we both now how unlike myself i became during our lessons." He smiled a little at Emmica "however Emmica promised I'd never have a moments peace until i agreed." He playfully nudged Rue, "she's almost as stubborn as you."

Rue smiled and squeezed his hand, "its great your trying again though Ivish." She laughed when he said she was stubborn and gave him a hug, "my stubbornness is a good thing you should borrow some of it." She smiled at Emmica, "i wish you the best of luck Emm."

Emmica turned to them with a smile as she continued down the hall, she was glad that Rue was happy for Ivish and the he was also willing to give learning a chance. She knew for certain that with the library here, it would be much easier to learn to read.

"Thank you Rue, I will need all the luck I can get I am sure." Emmica said as she looked back to where she was going.

After awhile they arrived at a large get of doors, a cross from it a picture of her father, a small grin of his face. She glanced at it a moment, a look of sadness slipping over her face, before she shook it off and smiled at them again.

"Here it is." She said as she opened the doors and lead them in. The library was just as much of a sight as the garden had been. It was very large and the ceiling seemed to go up three stories! The walls were lined with shelves of books, the only place not covered were the windows. Rows of shelves filled up the rest of the room, except a small sitting area that had comfortable chairs and a large fireplace that sat between to shelves.

Rue grinned as she took in the splendor of the library, this castle was full of surprises. She moved from shelf after shelf, admiring vast amount of books on nearly every subject. She turned to Emmica smiling "i have no idea how I'm going to divide up my time between the garden, the stables and this library." Or Dartith castle she thought to herself quietly, as she didn't want to seem like she didn't like Rindall castle.

She glanced out the window and noticed the guard and cook arriving, "the guard and cook are back Ivish." She turned to face them "I'll go take care of it and meet you in the dining hall?"

Ivish turned to her, "are you sure? How will you know where to go?" He gave her a worried look, he didn't want her getting lost or being outside the castle on her own.

Rue nodded, "I'm sure i want to make sure the horses are taken care of." She smiled reassuringly "don't worry Ivish, i won't stray and the guards will be there." She headed for the door, "i know how to get back to the stables and the hall and I'll just find my may from there. Or I'll ask directions." She smiled and waved before disappearing out the door.

Ivish turned to Emmica still a little worried, "i must admit it is a stunning library." He smiled, "I'm sure it will make my lessons more bearable." He stepped a little closer to her, "might i ask what had you upset before when we were by the stables?"

Emmica watched Rue run off to meet with the guard and cook, knowing that she would be fine and if she was going to run into anyone with would either be Abigail or the other men. She then looked to Ivish as he addressed, noticing that he was stepping closer to her. A small blush covered her cheeks as he brought up the subject of her earlier destress.

"It was nothing...Abigail was just teasing me is all." She said with a small smile as she turned to look else where. "A-anyway, if you'd like I could give you a more detailed tour of the library."

Emmica watched Rue run off to meet with the guard and cook, knowing that she would be fine and if she was going to run into anyone with would either be Abigail or the other men. She then looked to Ivish as he addressed, noticing that he was stepping closer to her. A small blush covered her cheeks as he brought up the subject of her earlier destress.

"It was nothing...Abigail was just teasing me is all." She said with a small smile as she turned to look else where. "A-anyway, if you'd like I could give you a more detailed tour of the library."

Ivish nodded his head in agreement when she suggest a tour, "alright lead on fair maiden." As he walked he studied the bookshelves a moment before turning back to Emmica "what was she teasing you about?" He asked curiously, while looking at her warmly.

Rue hurriedly made her way down to the stables, when she arrived she found that the cook and guard were just dismounting. She noticed all the other guards surrounding them and she quickly ran over, something must be wrong. When the men saw her they all bowed, she told them to rise and asked what happened. One of Ivish's elite spoke up,
"your highness the men were ambushed on their way back here."

She looked over at them and found the guard still slumped against his mounts neck, and the cook limping. She hurried to the guards side, "solider are you wounded?"
He opened his eyes at her and managed a small nod "yes your highness, i was thrown from my horse and my shoulder is bleeding." She inspected the wound on his shoulder, it was not deep but needed to be bandaged. It was his fall that had her worried, she spoke reassuringly to him, "you'll be alright but you mustn't move from this horse OK?"

He merely nodded, she found the cook was fine just a sprained ankle. She told his to sit down and stay still, then she turned to the rest of the guard "do not move this guard at all, or you may injure him further." They nodded in reply, with that she hurried off towards the castle. She ran into the hallway and began calling for Abigail, or anyone as she couldn't remember the men's names.

Emmica led him toward some of the shelves and started to look over the books she hadn't seen in a long time. Her face was red as he asked about what she had been teased for, her gaze going to anywhere but him.

"I was lost in my thoughts and she caught me, so she teased me about it." She replied., not wanting him to know the real reason why.

Else where Abigail had heard her name being called and opened the door to find Rue running down the hall. She stepped out a moment to stop at girl and looked at her worriedly.

"What is wrong dear? Did something happen?" She asked.

((Not complaining :) but why did you like my post? ♥))

Ivish looked puzzled, "that seems a strange reason, and why are you blushing?" After a moment he began to grin, getting a idea as to exactly why she was being teased. He leaned in closer to her, "what were you thinking about?"

Rue nodded, her face mirroring Abigail's worried look. "Yes Ivish's guard and cook were attacked on their way back here, the cook seems to have no worse than a sprained ankle but the guard was thrown from his horse and can't move."

She took a breath and continued, "I'm worried he has seriously injured his back and his shoulder is bleeding." "I have made sure he doesn't move so as not to make it worse, but he is still atop his mount and he must be seen by a healer. She kept her voice calm and strong, but she was worried for the soldiers fate.

(Well I though it was cool and I liked the drama you added to it. <3)

Emmica blushed even more as the grin slipped on to his face, knowing that he was figuring it out on his own.

"I-I was just thinking about what we would have to do to get the castle ready is all...nothing else." She lied as she looked away from him, not wanting him to see her face as it would give him the obvious answer.

Abigail gasped at the news of the attack, not having expected it at all.

"Oh dear! Those poor men! We'll need to move the man on the horse...He can't stay on there if he's hurt, especially if he is as you said. Come with me, Richard is the closet thing we have to a healer right now. He'll know what do with the man." She said as she turned back into the room calling Richard's name as she did.

(( Thanks :) ♥))

Ivish grin grew wider, "are you sure that was all?" He asked sounding totally innocent, "because you're have an awful hard time looking at me." He playfully teased, he was used to women ogling his body but he hadn't expected it from her. However, he wasn't complaining.

Rue nodded and followed Abigail, "please hurry the horse might buck him off." She waited anxiously while Abigail looked for Richard, nervously fiddling with the locket around her neck. She considered running ahead and getting him down without them, but decided to wait a moment longer.

"Y-yes I am sure! I've had a lot on my mind so i-it is only natural to get lost in my thoughts." Emmica said as she continued to look the other way, her face completely red from her embarrassment and his constant digging.

Abigail came back quickly with Richard, both looking at Rue with concern.

"Quickly, let's hurry and go check on that man before anything else makes his injuries worse." Richard said in a stern tone, obviously upset with the situation.

Ivish grinned and decided that she wasn't going to tell him, so he decided to change the subject. He stepped back from her a little and gestured to the surrounding bookshelves, "so it looks like you've got books on everything." He was still grinning, he knew that by her red face she had been thinking about him and he was very pleased by that.

Rue nodded and raced ahead to the stables, she was relieved to see the guard was still on the horse and that the other men hadn't tried to move him. She hurried over and told them to quit bowing, there were two guards holding the horse steady and one keeping the wounded solider still.

They had brought the horse some water and were speaking soothingly to him, but Rue could see he was agitated and ready to buck the wounded man off him.

She turned to Abigail and Richard, "we have to get him off now the mare is ready to buck him off." She took the mares halter from the guard and calmed her a little as four guards gathered on either side of her, ready on Rue's order to lift their fallen comrade from her back. She turned her head to look at Richard, "how do they lift him without making it worse?" She asked urgently, he had to get off now.

Glad that the subject had finally changed and that Ivish had backed up a bit, Emmica started to calm and finally looked at him again, seeing is grin adn know the he knew, even if she never said it.

"We do...or on as much stuff as he can find. We have a very large collection so if there was even a need for you to look up something you wouldn't need to go any farther than the library." She replied, smiling slightly as she looked over the filled shelves.

Richard looked at the man quietly before quickly speaking.

"We need seven men to pick him up, two on one side of the horse will push him gently, on the other side four men with grab him and carefully hold him while a fifth man keeps his head steady. When off the horse set him down quickly do not try to turn him, the less movement he goes through the better, I can't bee certain about what else might be wrong so be very careful." He said as he pointed to where the men would need to stand and lay the injured man down.

Ivish looked around for a moment before turning back to Emmica, "do you have any poetry books?' He asked quietly, feeling a little stupid for asking.

The guards looked to Rue for confirmation, and when she nodded they quickly but carefully followed Richards instructions making sure not to touch his bleeding shoulder. They laid him down gently and not a moment to soon, for as soon as his weight was lifted the mare kicked up her heels and nearly knocked a few men over. Rue handed the reins to a free solider and ordered him to take her into the stables and take care of her.

As he bowed and hurried off, she ran over and knelt by the injured guards side. She looked at his pain filled face and felt awful, she took his hand and spoke quietly "don't worry you'll be fine." He looked up at her, surprised but grateful for the comfort. He tried to speak but his chest ached, so he smiled instead.

"Yes, there kept over here." Emmica said softly as she started to move toward the chelf that they kept the poetry on. It was full of small little bindings that held page after page of poems, a number a different writers grancing the shelves.

As soon as the man was on the ground, Richard as next to him in an instant, checking his wound while Abigail soot near Rue, also ready to comfort if need be. Richard checked the injured shoulder of the guard in front of him, giving a sigh of relief.

"It's only a deep gash, that can be taken care of with salve and bandages. I don't see any obvious signs of broken bones but there could still be some minor breaks here and there. I'm going to check your body for breaks alright? If it hurts, make a sound." He said as he started to go along his arm, pressing gently but firmly to see if the guard would react or feel any pain.

Ivish pulled a small scrap of paper from his pocket, he handed it to Emmica. It had only a name, written small and very neatly. He motined to the books "do you have any poems by him?"

Rue watched as Richard prodded the guard, looking for any signs of pain. She also kept an eye on his face so she could tell Richard if he hit a nerve, so far he was quiet and his eyes closed.

When Richard touched his chest, his eyes flew open and he cried out in pain. He squeezed Rue's hand so hard it she felt as though it would break, but she held on knowing his pain was worse than her's. She tried to hide the look on her face, and looked to Richard "broken ribs?" She asked, it would explain his pain of the chest an why he had trouble speaking.

Emmica looked at the name and smiled as she nodded her head. She then walked over to the shelf and pulled out a small red book, it's pages yellowing slightly from air contact. She walked back over to Ivish and held it out to him.

"This is only one of the many books we have of his, so if you'd like to see more I can always pull his books out later."

Richard grimanced and nodded his head slowly.

"Yes, sadly there is nothing I can do for broken ribs, he'll just have to keep from moving to much for a few weeks. On the good side it seems only one or two are broken, the rest are probably brused and probably just making tha pain worse." He explained as he continued to check for other injuries.