The Novelist and The Wild Boy

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I didn't want to tell you when you weren't happy..." He admitted, before offering a smile. "I met her at the coffee shop. She's really sweet, you know..."

The bit looked at him, before his lips laced into a frown. "...You like her better than me?" Asked the by jealously. He didn't want his daddy taken from him so soon.

"Of course not!" He quickly scolded, before moving to offer a quick peck on his forehead. "Maybe, if this girl likes me, you might have a mama."

"...A mama?....Will you be gone long?" He asked, nuzzling his forehead into his neck.

"I'll be gone for, like, three hours." He reassured, while holding his head close

Usually leaving a boy who's barely ten alone for that long would be a terrible idea. But, this wasn't a regular boy. He lived in the forest on his own for a while, Bray could take being alone for a few hours.

"Do you want me to get my sister? She can babysit you. It's up to you, hon."

"I'll be fine." The boy mumbled sweetly, nuzzling his neck.

Setting the other down, he tugged out the axe before tugging his contrasting black hat further over his pure white hair. "So you wanna learn to chop wood? It's dangerous, but I trust you."

Nodding, he smiled up at daddy, holding onto him tightly.

Setting a piece of wood onto the block, he offered the other a soft smile before easily raising the axe, watching as the wood split in two. He didn't seem to be the strongest, especially because of his relatively frail build, but living in the woods for nearly a year or more built up the necessary muscles. His sister, especially recently, would often pull out baby pictures and tease him endlessly.

Watching his father, he stood there, his green eyes wide a bit. "...." He didn't say much as he watch

Groaning, he set the wood into the snow before stretching. "See? It's not that bad. You just need to lift this up and pop it down. I'll make sure it's fine, hm? I don't want you to hurt yourself..."

The boy grabbed the ax, with much struggle. He grimaced a bit at how heavy it was, looking st he wood.

Easily picking up the rest of the weight for the boy, he held his hand to lead the way in chopping the wood in two, as he did. "See?"

His eyes widen in amazement as he watched the wood split

"See? Not too hard, eh?" He cooed, before offering a grin. "And we need this for wood."

"To put in fire?" Asked the young boy, as he looked up at him.

• Useful
Reactions: saturnia pavonia
"Well, obviously." He teased, before motioning the cloth bag. "Then we put it in here, only to drop the stuff into the fire. We gotta burn it to keep warm, especially now. It's going to drop into the negatives tonight, buddy."

Reactions: ForeverRed
Grabbing the wood, he blinked before putting it into the cloth bag.

Reactions: saturnia pavonia
Status
Not open for further replies.