The Ninth Age of Aerath: Magic Returns - The Reboot (An Original Medieval Fantasy Adventure, See Inside for Details)

Got a few questions

Do you have a social structure for dragonborne in mind or can i build it?

Also can there be winged members of their society but it is a rare gene?

Got a few questions

Do you have a social structure for dragonborne in mind or can i build it?

Also can there be winged members of their society but it is a rare gene?

You can make it up, all I had in mind was that Dragonborn are sort of revered by some races due to their literal ancestry with dragons (who have all but since died out).

Winged members would be a rare gene, but it may also be perceived like a mutation of sorts since it would be attributed to their 'primal' history (Dragons aren't particularly smart in this world; they evolved to have bigger brains and take more humanoid forms).

Reactions: Soverign
Ah ok will work on that

Is your quota filled? I would like to throw in my interest towel -throws-

@mr_pibbs

Oh I have a question about the orcs, are they looked down upon and are they the usual brutish orcs that travel in clans or tribes and values brawn over brain? Or do you have a different system in mind for them?

Is your quota filled? I would like to throw in my interest towel -throws-

Sure xD We'll toss you in since the OoC isn't officially done yet, but you're the last one. Any thoughts on who you'd want to play?

@mr_pibbs

Oh I have a question about the orcs, are they looked down upon and are they the usual brutish orcs that travel in clans or tribes and values brawn over brain? Or do you have a different system in mind for them?

I'm thinking more along the lines of WoW Orcs; they once had a long-sparring history with the people of the world since they were invaders from the southern lands beyond Aerath, but have since become more relaxed. Really, the worst of the conflicts they would have now are between the Draenei, as their species constantly attempted to subjugate the other (the Draenei doing it out of fear of the Orcs power and self-defense, and the Orcs doing it because they believed the Draenei to be abominations plaguing their homeland).

• Thank You
Reactions: Polaris North
Hoping to play a Draneal. [obviously butchered the spelling]

Sounds good!

Draenei <---somehow my brilliant self saw an L, and not an I. I knew I butchered the spelling. What can you tell me about them? Do they have distinct racial traits? Are they all blue? Do they have different tribes? You know all the fun questions.

Haha it's cool.

Really the Draenei here aren't too fundamentally different from the ones in WoW (where they first originated in pop. culture, like the Khajiit did in the Elder Scrolls games). You can read a bit more about them here if you'd like (WoW Wiki), but they're basically Tieflings mixed with Fauns/Satyrs with dark-colored skin (as in various shades of blue, purple, pink, or sometimes white or grey). In context of Aerath; they used to be the most elite magic users in the land and were renowned masters of the arcane arts, as well as knowing the ins and outs of alchemy, but when the Omnistone was destroyed, they were forced into a cultural corner, so to speak. So much of who they were depended on their connection to magic, and with that connection gone, many felt they had to compensate by becoming scholars and adventurers.

Haha it's cool.

Really the Draenei here aren't too fundamentally different from the ones in WoW (where they first originated in pop. culture, like the Khajiit did in the Elder Scrolls games). You can read a bit more about them here if you'd like (WoW Wiki), but they're basically Tieflings mixed with Fauns/Satyrs with dark-colored skin (as in various shades of blue, purple, pink, or sometimes white or grey). In context of Aerath; they used to be the most elite magic users in the land and were renowned masters of the arcane arts, as well as knowing the ins and outs of alchemy, but when the Omnistone was destroyed, they were forced into a cultural corner, so to speak. So much of who they were depended on their connection to magic, and with that connection gone, many felt they had to compensate by becoming scholars and adventurers.

Very nice. I know about Tieflings, read the wiki here in a second. Here's a question, would this being going too far - of a character trying to bring magic back? You know like the fantasy equivalent of someone who's basically delving into pseudo science. Where as everyone else adapted with science science.

Haha it's cool.

Very nice. I know about Tieflings, read the wiki here in a second. Here's a question, would this being going too far - of a character trying to bring magic back? You know like the fantasy equivalent of someone who's basically delving into pseudo science. Where as everyone else adapted with science science.

There would definitely be those who are trying everything they can to bring back magic, but it'd basically be pointless. More of a maddening crusade to restore the old world rather than let it stay in the past. Though they might be a few and far in-between, given the fact it's been so long since the War of the Wizards.

Haha it's cool.

There would definitely be those who are trying everything they can to bring back magic, but it'd basically be pointless. More of a maddening crusade to restore the old world rather than let it stay in the past. Though they might be a few and far in-between, given the fact it's been so long since the War of the Wizards.

I am considering taking inspiration from real world experiences, about people who have lost their culture. And so seeking magic is more like a way of seeking the culture that was lost. Or that's the idea.

Reactions: mr_pibbs
Haha it's cool.

I am considering taking inspiration from real world experiences, about people who have lost their culture. And so seeking magic is more like a way of seeking the culture that was lost. Or that's the idea.

Yeah that works for me.

• Sweet
Reactions: Moonstone
Haha it's cool.

Yeah that works for me.

You wouldn't believe I just worked on this character mulling over the INTCHK, lol. His name is Rohna and I have a FC in mind. Now I wait patiently.
tenor.gif

Haha that's great to know! Well I have the CS assembled, so all that's really left is to fine out the details of the OoC and stuff.

Take your time. I have a habit of being over enthusiastic.

I plan to have the Dragonborne be similar to Spartans of old. War like and they respect power yet i haven't decided on social structure. Either like Hyenas or some other option i come up with

Reactions: mr_pibbs
I plan to have the Dragonborne be similar to Spartans of old. War like and they respect power yet i haven't decided on social structure. Either like Hyenas or some other option i come up with

Sounds good to me!