The Misfits of Khalisia (it's a ~Closed~ Pathfinder thread!)

Name: Stharkeska
Race: Lizardfolk
Sex: Female
Class: Sorcerer

Stats:
Strength: 12 (+2 Racial Mod)
Dexterity: 15 (Tsutla let me switch my Wisdom and Dex scores)
Constitution: 15 (+2 Racial Mod)
Intelligence: 13
Wisdom: 11
Charisma: 16

Race Traits: Natural Armor +1, Claws, Bite, Swim Speed
Class traits:

(Using human table for generation)
Homeland: Village. A small tribal village near a lake.
Parents: Alive.
Siblings, if applicable: 5 siblings. 3 older, 2 younger.
Circumstance of Birth: Adopted. One of the shaman took Stharkeska after seeing her arcane abilities.
Adopted Parents' Profession: Clergy/Cultist. The shaman adopted Stharkeska after her older brother died from her own powers.
Biological Parents' Profession: Entertainers. Her original parents were entertainers working to help keep morale of the warriors high.
Major Childhood Event: Death in the family. Stharkeska accidentally set her own older brother on fire once her bloodline started to awaken.
Sorcerer: Failed Wizard. After believing Stharkeska is a fledgling wizard, the shaman began try to let her arcane powers out through studying what little they had on the arcane.
Influence: The Fool. Stharkeska's best friend back in the village was a fool, whose uncaring style made her want to go on an adventure of her own.

Starting Wealth:

Last edited by a moderator:
Modifying monstrous race because of reasons; pondering how to deal with winter once that season rolls around with a cold-blooded creature in the party.

Lizardfolk
Humanoid (reptilian)
Languages: Draconic, Faraldr; bonus language can be spent on one other regional language.
+2 STR, +2 CON
Nat. Armor +2
Speed: 30 (land) 20 (swim)
bite: d6
claws: d4
Hold Breath (Ex): A lizardfolk can hold its breath for a number of rounds equal to 4 times its Constitution score before it risks drowning.
Skill: lizardfolk gain a +4 racial bonus to their acrobatics score when using it to jump.

Ruby

You need an inventory, and you get two languages in place of 'Common,' not just Khalisian. But yeah, you know that bit about the inventory. Thanks for helping Felix out while I've been away.

But where to begin on your contacts... @,,@ You get a familiar that you get to name, and at some point I'll write up a Lady. The witch-coven doesn't quite fit, since Ruby is a shaman, but if the Lady is on friendly terms with a nearby tribe, we'll just say Ruby apprenticed under that tribe's shaman while passing messages between the settlements. And, the parents are both alive, so that'll be something for me to plot out. Do they have names?
I know about the inventory. Keep getting distracted. Working on that now.

And I get both Khalisian and Faraldr? Or do I just get to pick two (likely from the list)?

I only wrote witch because that's what I rolled. I didn't think it made sense either, but a "local" shaman makes more sense. Wasn't sure how much you were for customization of that. I'll go ahead and edit that.
EDIT: I wrote shaman on the sheet. Just the roll said witches. The bio didn't.

I do need to give my little fox a name. Garnet. Because Ruby.

I get to name the parents? I could leave that to you and a random name generator, ja? Because you TOTALLY have NO work to do. ^~^ I honestly didn't think about it at all.
pondering how to deal with winter once that season rolls around with a cold-blooded creature in the party.
Snuggling. Lots of snuggling.

I adore you, Ermine.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: *Ermine
I don't know why. I just make a ton of work for you behind the scenes. <.<

EDIT: Okay, I'm apparently the party cook. Everyone will have to supply their own rations to be improved, however. Now I just have to hope we don't spend almost all of our time in cities.

Name: Aithne
Race: Human
Class: Primalist Rageshaper Bloodrager (Abyssal Bloodline)

Sheet

Str: 18 (+2)
Dex: 15
Con: 13
Int: 12
Wis: 8
Cha: 15

Rage Stats

Str: 22
Dex: 15
Con: 19
Int: 12
Wis: 8
Cha: 15
(- 2 AC, +2 Will)

Homeland: Unusual Homeland, Mountains (Highlander Trait)
Parents: Yeoman, only her father is alive (Savannah Child Trait)
Siblings: Two siblings, one younger, one older (Kin Guardian Trait)
Circumstances of Birth: Middle Class (Artisan, Merchant)
Major Childhood Event: Imprisoned (Criminal Trait, Liberator Feat)
Sorcerer: Unharmed (Unscathed Trait)
Influential Associate: Lover (True Love Feat, Charming Trait)

Traits:
Merchant - Aithne gains a +1 on Sense Motive and Appraise when bargaining on the price of goods, and Appraise is a class skill
Charming - Aithne gains a +1 on Bluff and Diplomatic checks for anyone who could be attracted to her. Any language-dependant spell she casts on such people has the DC raised by 1.

Racial Traits
+2 Any Stat - Aithne gets +2 to her Strength
Bonus Feat - Aithne gets an extra feat at first level
Silver Tongued - Aithne gains a +2 to Bluff and a +2 Diplomacy. When she uses Diplomacy she can also shift the targets disposition by 3, instead of 2.

Features
Bloodrage – Abyssal Bloodline Bloodrager Ability – Aithne can draw on her demon blood as she enters a state of rage, gaining +4 strength and +4 (+6 raging vitality) con, and +2 to will saves. She cannot do anything that requires concentration while blood raging. When she ends her bloodrage she is fatigued for twice as many rounds as she was raging. She can rage for 5 rounds a day.
Fast Movement Level 1 Bloodrager Ability – Aithne gains +10 to her movement speed.
Abyssal Claws Level 1 Bloodline Ability – Whenever Aithne bloodrages she grows a pair of claws which deal 1d6 damage.

Feats
True Love Level 1 – Aithne increases the spell DC and caster level of spells with the emotion descriptor by 1. She gains +2 to sense motive (+4 if 10 or more ranks)
Raging Vitality Level 1 Bonus Feat– Aithne gains an extra +2 Con when raging, and continues to rage even when unconscious.

Starting Wealth: 110

Background

Aithne grew up in the mountains, her parents serving a noble who owned land there. It was mainly out of family connection more than a need for money, and as such the family themselves were fairly well off and among the middle class. They lived near a mountain pass, where a city had been built for travelers and traders heading through the mountains to rest, sell and buy some of their goods, and restock supplies. Aithne grew up on stories of adventures from merchants and travelers passing through the city, and enjoyed hearing of other lands. At the same time to busy herself she would shadow some of the friendly merchants, watching as they would go about their trade, one day hoping to be one herself so she could travel.

As she grew older however an ugly side to her heritage began to raise it's head. Somewhere in her family tree lay a demon, and its blood ran strongly through her veins. She began to lose control of both her mind and body as strange powers were unleashed while she went into a form of rage. The first few times she was alone, however one such outburst happened in front of her younger brother, scaring him. While afterwards he promised not to tell, he never looked at her the same afterwards, and always seemed to fear her.

Panicked she kept it a secret from everyone else and tried to keep it under control. Slowly she became practiced in lying about the unusual events that kept happening. Unsure what was happening to her she gathered the courage to visit a local sorcerer, hoping he would know what the magic cursing her was. It turned out to be a mistake. He was intrigued in her predicament, and thought it may be she too was destined to be a sorcerer, and it was just her bloodline showing. He began to do tests to figure out what her line was. One of the test caused her to lose control and she went into a rage again and with all the magical reagents around caused a magical explosion. She walked out unharmed, the sorcerer did not.

Branded a murderer she was quickly captured and imprisoned, which is turn caused the rage to show again, showing her demonic side. This only caused her to be also branded a demon, and locked away even tighter, waiting in a dark cell for her execution. She herself believed she deserved it, and made no effort to escape, until one day her childhood friend, turned lover turned up at her cell door. They convinced her it had been an accident, and that if she truly wanted to redeem herself she shouldn't wait for death, as it was the easy way out. Instead her lover encouraged her to to use the strength she had gained from her ancestor and put it to good use helping people, and through that redeem herself.

Her lover let her out, and Aithne fled, trying to get far enough away no one would recognize her. She managed to attach herself to a merchants caravan. originally it was as a guard, using her strength and the little martial ability she was taught by her father, however when she mentioned to one of the merchants that she had originally been hoping to become one herself, and shared the knowledge she already knew, she was taken on as an apprentice merchant instead, even though she is currently unsure how long she'll be staying with them.

At the same time, in secret, she tried to get a handle on the rage, trying to learn how to resist its call, and it's triggers. She's slowly become better, however she is still too scared to show anyone else, or risk using it in the presence of others.

Contacts

Father - Byron - Aithne never was too close to her Yeoman father. After her mother died during the death of her younger brother, her father threw himself into his work, and let the kids raise themselves mostly, though he did train each of them in martial techniques, in order to take over his duty of serving the noble eventually. The last she saw of him was him walking away as she was convicted.
Sister - Thalia - The oldest sibling in the household, Thalia stepped into their late mothers shoes and tried her best to look after her younger siblings. While she didn't know Aithne's complete circumstances, she had sensed something was wrong, and had encouraged her to find help. Her feelings towards Aithne's destruction of the sorcerers house and following imprisonment is unknown.
Brother - Alisdair - A few years younger than Aithne, the pair would often play together, and had a fairly strong bond. Since and accidental outburst in front of him however he became scared of her, though never told anyone on her insistence.
Lover - Korrina - Daughter of the noble Aithne's parents worked for, the pair grew up together, until a close friendship tuned into a romantic one. It was kept a guarded secret, both due to their social differences and their shared gender. She was the one to let Aithne out, though she stayed behind, at Aithne's insistence, so she did not also get dragged into trouble.

(I miss rolled crime. Unless you do want me to role it for the imprisoned event, as I currently took liberties with that. Also I didn't know if you wanted to create the lover, or I.)

I'm cool with what you've got going. Probably should have closed this sooner, but it's closed now, and you're in. Thank you for providing names for your character's constacts! Less work for me, because I suck at naming things/people but am a little bit better with tying stories together.

And now that we have a second fighter/arcane, I guess our group's rounded out well enough. ^-^

Forgive my lack of Background. I'm trying to do something with what I rolled. I am bringing things together,

It's all right, Rain. I still need to work on the setting, myself. Can't really get myself in the mood just yet, and having more players to wrap up into the intro is going to be a fun project.

Dusk, your sheet's marked 'private.' @,@

Sweet: two characters with story feats, and I get to have drama with the nobility somewhere down the road. Hope you like rebellious duchesses! They're like rebellious princesses, only dire lower in rank.

...speaking of duchesses...I never really gave many details about the Lady...especially not rank (per se)

I've got somebody in mind for your lady, Ermine. Not sure if romantic implications are implied on your part, but if they are then this is probably the most f/f happy thread I've ever posted anywhere.

I've slightly expanded on her background, fleshing a few bits out, though it's still the same content. I have added a bit more detail about the city (A trade city near a mountain pass) however I understand if you want to change that based on your plans for the world.

Edit: Also added some bits and bobs to her inventory if that's okay, playing on the merchant again. So ink etc. Though I can see it getting smashed if she's not careful.

I hate Iwaku for the fact that I've not gotten any of the notifications of you guys posting here. e _e; Dumb.

This weekend I'm going to work on the setting and intro, and since we've got like eight people, I'm probably going to be working on the intro through next week. Would be jumping on this sooner, but I really need to get a job and stop being a lump of flesh that consumes and does little else, maybe try getting in shape again.

Sorry about the delay folks, but this thread is still happening.

That's fine, and I understand. I feel the same, I need a job to pay for stuff. The only shitty part is the fact that if I get a job, I may not have all the time in the world that I have now. Cause school started back up for me, and it starts late in the evenings. xD

Yeah, school was the worst in regards to roleplay-stuff, especially while having a job and an internship. No free time, not even the chance to sleep in. Then came the cross-country move.

I've been, ah... making the best of my free time after the move. Sometimes you just need to wind down after long periods of constant pressure and annoyances.